Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark
Locale: Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark
Topic: reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
- Friis Hansen L, Wierup N, Rehfeld J, Sundler F. Antral G-cell in gastrin and gastrin-cholecystokinin knockout animals. Cell Tissue Res. 2005;321:141-6 pubmed
- Pingel J, Wienecke J, Kongsgaard M, Behzad H, Abraham T, Langberg H, et al. Increased mast cell numbers in a calcaneal tendon overuse model. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2013;23:e353-60 pubmed publisher..The current study demonstrates that 7-week HIUR causes structural changes in the calcaneal tendon, and further that these changes are associated with an increased mast cell density. ..
- Theilgaard Monch K, Jacobsen L, Borup R, Rasmussen T, Bjerregaard M, Nielsen F, et al. The transcriptional program of terminal granulocytic differentiation. Blood. 2005;105:1785-96 pubmed
- French J, Johnatty S, Lu Y, Beesley J, Gao B, Kalimutho M, et al. Germline polymorphisms in an enhancer of PSIP1 are associated with progression-free survival in epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6353-68 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that the minor allele of rs7874043 confers poor PFS by increasing PSIP1 expression. ..
- Nielsen L, Andersen M, Jensen T, Blixenkrone Møller M, Bolt G. Changes in the receptorbinding haemagglutinin protein of wild-type morbilliviruses are not required for adaptation to Vero cells. Virus Genes. 2003;27:157-62 pubmed..This strongly indicate the existence of other morbillivirus receptors than CD46 and CDw150. ..
- Grell S, Tjørnehøj K, Larsen L, Heegaard P. Marked induction of IL-6, haptoglobin and IFNgamma following experimental BRSV infection in young calves. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2005;103:235-45 pubmed
- Kirkegaard T, Hansen S, Larsen S, Reiter B, Sørensen B, Lykkesfeldt A. T47D breast cancer cells switch from ER/HER to HER/c-Src signaling upon acquiring resistance to the antiestrogen fulvestrant. Cancer Lett. 2014;344:90-100 pubmed publisher..Instead c-Src was important for resistant growth. Thus, the T47D and MCF-7 model system unravel different resistance mechanisms which may be important for fulvestrant resistant breast cancer patients. ..
- Vilmar A, Garcia Foncillas J, Huarriz M, Santoni Rugiu E, Sorensen J. RT-PCR versus immunohistochemistry for correlation and quantification of ERCC1, BRCA1, TUBB3 and RRM1 in NSCLC. Lung Cancer. 2012;75:306-12 pubmed publisher..IHC discriminated more effectively than qRT-PCR across four NSCLC-relevant biomarkers. The findings are further supported by the demonstrated lack of correlation between transcript and protein. ..
- Pedersen A, Holmstrøm K, Jensen S, Fuchs D, Rasmussen S, Kvistborg P, et al. Phenotypic and functional markers for 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3)-modified regulatory dendritic cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2009;157:48-59 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, VD3-treated DCs showed over-expression of miR-378. All these features can be used as robust markers for quality control of VD3-treated regulatory DCs in future clinical studies. ..
- Nielsen A, Gyhrs M, Nielsen L, Pedersen C, Bottiger B. Gastroenteritis and the novel picornaviruses aichi virus, cosavirus, saffold virus, and salivirus in young children. J Clin Virol. 2013;57:239-42 pubmed publisher..Saffold virus was seen almost exclusively in the autumn and winter period. Salivirus was the only virus, which was significantly associated with gastroenteritis, although the number of positive samples was rather low. ..
- Søndergaard H, Brodin B, Nielsen C. hPEPT1 is responsible for uptake and transport of Gly-Sar in the human bronchial airway epithelial cell-line Calu-3. Pflugers Arch. 2008;456:611-22 pubmed..This work presents for the first time hPEPT1 and hPEPT2*1 expression in human Calu-3 cells. Surprisingly, the results indicate that Gly-Sar uptake and transport in Calu-3 cells are hPEPT1-mediated rather than hPEPT2-mediated. ..
- Olsen J, Gerds T, Seidelin J, Csillag C, Bjerrum J, Troelsen J, et al. Diagnosis of ulcerative colitis before onset of inflammation by multivariate modeling of genome-wide gene expression data. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2009;15:1032-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, we demonstrate the usefulness of random forest modeling of genome-wide gene expression data for distinguishing quiescent and active UC colonic mucosa versus control and CD colonic mucosa. ..
- Mandsberg L, Maci M, Bergmann K, Christiansen L, Alhede M, Kirkby N, et al. Development of antibiotic resistance and up-regulation of the antimutator gene pfpI in mutator Pseudomonas aeruginosa due to inactivation of two DNA oxidative repair genes (mutY, mutM). FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2011;324:28-37 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we showed that MutY and MutM are cooperating in the GO of P. aeruginosa, and that oxidative DNA lesions might represent an oxidative stress for the bacteria...
- Wellendorph P, Johansen L, Jensen A, Casanova E, Gassmann M, Deprez P, et al. No evidence for a bone phenotype in GPRC6A knockout mice under normal physiological conditions. J Mol Endocrinol. 2009;42:215-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data do not support a role for GPRC6A in normal bone physiology. ..
- Johansson P, Aoude L, Wadt K, Glasson W, Warrier S, Hewitt A, et al. Deep sequencing of uveal melanoma identifies a recurrent mutation in PLCB4. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4624-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together these data suggest that the PLCB4 hotspot mutation is similarly a gain-of-function mutation leading to activation of the same signaling pathway, promoting UM tumorigenesis. ..
- Andersen C, Nielsen H, Kristensen L, SÃ¸gaard A, VikesÃ¥ J, JÃ¸nson L, et al. Whole-exome sequencing and genome-wide methylation analyses identify novel disease associated mutations and methylation patterns in idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome. Oncotarget. 2015;6:40588-97 pubmed publisher..In addition, we identified a DNA methylation signature that is relevant for distinguishing clonal and suspected clonal eosinophilia from reactive eosinophilia per se, which may be useful in daily clinical work. ..
- Strell C, Norberg K, Mezheyeuski A, Schnittert J, Kuninty P, Moro C, et al. Stroma-regulated HMGA2 is an independent prognostic marker in PDAC and AAC. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:65-77 pubmed publisher..Correlative data analysis gives novel tissue-based evidence for a heterotypic cross-talk with stroma cells as a possible mechanism for HMGA2 induction, which is further supported by experimental models. ..
- Koch B, Nybroe O. Initial characterization of a bolA homologue from Pseudomonas fluorescens indicates different roles for BolA-like proteins in P. fluorescens and Escherichia coli. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2006;262:48-56 pubmed..Growth phenotypes and gene homologies suggest that BolA-like proteins have different functions in E. coli and Pseudomonas. ..
- Kopp K, Ralfkiaer U, Gjerdrum L, Helvad R, Pedersen I, Litman T, et al. STAT5-mediated expression of oncogenic miR-155 in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1939-47 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data indicate that the STAT5/BIC/miR-155 pathway promotes proliferation of malignant T cells, and therefore is a putative target for therapy in CTCL. ..
- Skovgaard K, Mortensen S, Boye M, Hedegaard J, Heegaard P. Hepatic gene expression changes in pigs experimentally infected with the lung pathogen Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae as analysed with an innate immunity focused microarray. Innate Immun. 2010;16:343-53 pubmed publisher..These results confirm that the liver plays an important role in initiating and orchestrating the innate immune response to A. pleuropneumoniae infection. ..
- Kristensen D, Nielsen J, Kalisz M, Dalgaard M, Audouze K, Larsen M, et al. OCT4 and downstream factors are expressed in human somatic urogenital epithelia and in culture of epididymal spheres. Mol Hum Reprod. 2010;16:835-45 pubmed publisher..Our results show that OCT4 and associated genes are expressed in somatic epithelial cells from the urogenital tract and that these cells can form spheres, a general marker of stem cell behaviour. ..
- Weile C, Josefsen K, Buschard K. Glucose activation of islets of Langerhans up-regulates Toll-like receptor 5: possible mechanism of protection. Clin Exp Immunol. 2011;166:251-7 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this regulation by TLR-5 might be beneficial during serious infection such as sepsis by limiting the activity of beta cells during peaks of insulin demand to counteract beta cell damage. ..
- Larsson L, St Onge L, Hougaard D, Sosa Pineda B, Gruss P. Pax 4 and 6 regulate gastrointestinal endocrine cell development. Mech Dev. 1998;79:153-9 pubmed..Thus, together, these two genes regulate the differentiation of all proximal gastrointestinal endocrine cells and reflect common pathways for pancreatic and gastrointestinal endocrine cell differentiation. ..
- Zinck T, Illum R, Jansen Olesen I. Increased expression of endothelial and neuronal nitric oxide synthase in dura and pia mater after air stress. Cephalalgia. 2006;26:14-25 pubmed..These findings point towards the involvement of increased NO concentrations in dura and pia mater in response to air stress. However, the role of these findings in relation to migraine pathophysiology remains unclear. ..
- Dietrich N, Bracken A, Trinh E, Schjerling C, Koseki H, Rappsilber J, et al. Bypass of senescence by the polycomb group protein CBX8 through direct binding to the INK4A-ARF locus. EMBO J. 2007;26:1637-48 pubmed
- Thomsen A, Worm J, Jacobsen S, Stahlhut M, Latta M, Brauner Osborne H. Strontium is a biased agonist of the calcium-sensing receptor in rat medullary thyroid carcinoma 6-23 cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2012;343:638-49 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that calcitonin secretion can be affected by CaSR-stimulated signaling bias, which may be used to develop novel drugs for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism...
- Hofman Bang J, Jespersen T, Grunnet M, Larsen L, Andersen P, Kanters J, et al. Does KCNE5 play a role in long QT syndrome?. Clin Chim Acta. 2004;345:49-53 pubmed..One polymorphism, a T-to-C transition at nucleotide 97, causing an amino acid polymorphism P33S, was present in 16 persons, nine heterozygotes and seven homozygotes. The T-allele frequency was 0.13 in LQTS patients and 0.10 in controls. ..
- Hoei Hansen C, Almstrup K, Nielsen J, Brask Sonne S, Graem N, Skakkebaek N, et al. Stem cell pluripotency factor NANOG is expressed in human fetal gonocytes, testicular carcinoma in situ and germ cell tumours. Histopathology. 2005;47:48-56 pubmed..Timing of NANOG down-regulation in fetal gonocytes suggests that NANOG may act as a regulatory factor up-stream to OCT-4. ..
- Armenise C, Lefebvre G, Carayol J, Bonnel S, Bolton J, Di Cara A, et al. Transcriptome profiling from adipose tissue during a low-calorie diet reveals predictors of weight and glycemic outcomes in obese, nondiabetic subjects. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:736-746 pubmed publisher..These potential biomarkers may help clinicians understand intersubject variability and better predict the success of dietary interventions. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00390637. ..
- Poulsen E, Steinhauer C, Lees M, Lauridsen A, Ellgaard L, Hartmann Petersen R. HUWE1 and TRIP12 collaborate in degradation of ubiquitin-fusion proteins and misframed ubiquitin. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50548 pubmed publisher..However, even when both HUWE1 and TRIP12 are downregulated, ubiquitylation of the UFD substrate was still apparent, revealing functional redundancy between HUWE1, TRIP12 and yet other ubiquitin-protein ligases. ..
- Hansen T, Steffensen A, Jønson L, Andersen M, Ejlertsen B, Nielsen F. The silent mutation nucleotide 744 G --> A, Lys172Lys, in exon 6 of BRCA2 results in exon skipping. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;119:547-50 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that the BRCA2 silent mutation Lys172Lys is a disease-causing mutation...
- Harboe T, Jensen L, Hansen C, Horn P, Bendixen C, Tommerup N, et al. Cloning, characterization and chromosomal localization of the Sus scrofa SLC31A1 gene. Anim Genet. 2003;34:59-61 pubmed..This region shows conservation of synteny with human chromosome 9, where the human SLC31A1 (CTR1) gene has been localized. Expression studies suggest that SLC31A1 mRNA is transcribed in all tissues examined. ..
- Grønbaek K, Ralfkiaer U, Dahl C, Hother C, Burns J, Kassem M, et al. Frequent hypermethylation of DBC1 in malignant lymphoproliferative neoplasms. Mod Pathol. 2008;21:632-8 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that hypermethylation of the DBC1 promoter region is a frequent event during the development of lymphoproliferative malignancies, and that DBC1 hypermethylation may serve as a marker for these cancers. ..
- Qiu J, Fiil B, Petersen K, Nielsen H, Botanga C, Thorgrimsen S, et al. Arabidopsis MAP kinase 4 regulates gene expression through transcription factor release in the nucleus. EMBO J. 2008;27:2214-21 pubmed publisher..Our data establish direct links between MPK4 and innate immunity and provide an example of how a plant MAP kinase can regulate gene expression by releasing transcription factors in the nucleus upon activation. ..
- Thoren L, Nørgaard G, Weischenfeldt J, Waage J, Jakobsen J, Damgaard I, et al. UPF2 is a critical regulator of liver development, function and regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11650 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate the critical role of the NMD pathway in liver development, function and regeneration and highlights the importance of NMD for mammalian biology. ..
- Mikkelsen M, Petersen B, Glawischnig E, Jensen A, Andreasson E, Halkier B. Modulation of CYP79 genes and glucosinolate profiles in Arabidopsis by defense signaling pathways. Plant Physiol. 2003;131:298-308 pubmed..Thus, different defense pathways activate subsets of biosynthetic enzymes, leading to the accumulation of specific glucosinolates. ..
- Madsen L, Labrecque N, Engberg J, Dierich A, Svejgaard A, Benoist C, et al. Mice lacking all conventional MHC class II genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10338-43 pubmed..Therefore, they should be invaluable for engineering "humanized" mouse models of human MHC-II-associated autoimmune disorders. ..
- Fonager J, Hindbæk L, Fischer T. Rapid emergence and antigenic diversification of the norovirus 2012 Sydney variant in Denmark, October to December, 2012. Euro Surveill. 2013;18: pubmed
- Rovsing L, Clokie S, Bustos D, Rohde K, Coon S, Litman T, et al. Crx broadly modulates the pineal transcriptome. J Neurochem. 2011;119:262-74 pubmed publisher..Some effects of Crx deletion on the pineal transcriptome might be mediated by Hoxc4 up-regulation. ..
- Grøndahl M, Andersen C, Bogstad J, Borgbo T, Boujida V, Borup R. Specific genes are selectively expressed between cumulus and granulosa cells from individual human pre-ovulatory follicles. Mol Hum Reprod. 2012;18:572-84 pubmed publisher..New as well as known genes representing specific cell functions close to ovulation were highlighted...
- Nielsen A, Erikstrup C, Johansen J, Fischer C, Plomgaard P, Krogh Madsen R, et al. Plasma YKL-40: a BMI-independent marker of type 2 diabetes. Diabetes. 2008;57:3078-82 pubmed publisher..Plasma YKL-40 was identified as an obesity-independent marker of type 2 diabetes related to fasting plasma glucose and plasma IL-6 levels. ..
- Nielsen J, Johnsen B, Koefoed P, Scheuer K, Grønbech Jensen M, Law I, et al. Hereditary spastic paraplegia with cerebellar ataxia: a complex phenotype associated with a new SPG4 gene mutation. Eur J Neurol. 2004;11:817-24 pubmed..We conclude that this kindred demonstrates a considerable overlap between cerebellar ataxia and spastic paraplegia, emphasizing the marked clinical heterogeneity of HSP associated with spastin mutations. ..
- Bro S, Flyvbjerg A, Binder C, Bang C, Denner L, Olgaard K, et al. A neutralizing antibody against receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE) reduces atherosclerosis in uremic mice. Atherosclerosis. 2008;201:274-80 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that blockade of RAGE reduces the proatherogenic effects of uremia, possibly through a systemic decrease in oxidative stress. ..
- ..In the USA, effectiveness and uptake in combination appear not to have been sufficient to obtain herd immunity for mumps in populations such as college students...
- Jessen U, Novitskaya V, Pedersen N, Serup P, Berezin V, Bock E. The transcription factors CREB and c-Fos play key roles in NCAM-mediated neuritogenesis in PC12-E2 cells. J Neurochem. 2001;79:1149-60 pubmed..We thus present evidence that NCAM-mediated neurite outgrowth involves a series of signal transduction pathways, including the cAMP/PKA pathway, targeting c-Fos and CREB. ..
- Maeda K, Finnie C, Østergaard O, Svensson B. Identification, cloning and characterization of two thioredoxin h isoforms, HvTrxh1 and HvTrxh2, from the barley seed proteome. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2633-43 pubmed..Thus, barley seeds contain two distinct thioredoxin h isoforms which differ in temporal and spatial distribution and kinetic properties, suggesting that they may have different physiological roles. ..
- Duno M, Sveen M, Schwartz M, Vissing J. cDNA analyses of CAPN3 enhance mutation detection and reveal a low prevalence of LGMD2A patients in Denmark. Eur J Hum Genet. 2008;16:935-40 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrates the value of cDNA analysis for CAPN3 in LGMD2A patients and indicates that calpainopathy is an uncommon cause of LGMD in the Denmark. ..
- Brauner Osborne H, Krogsgaard Larsen P. Sequence and expression pattern of a novel human orphan G-protein-coupled receptor, GPRC5B, a family C receptor with a short amino-terminal domain. Genomics. 2000;65:121-8 pubmed..This mRNA expression pattern is markedly different from that of RAIG1, which shows a slightly more restricted expression pattern with highest abundance in lung tissue. ..
- Nielsen K, Hindersson P, Hoiby N, Bangsborg J. Sequencing of the rpoB gene in Legionella pneumophila and characterization of mutations associated with rifampin resistance in the Legionellaceae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2000;44:2679-83 pubmed..A single strain did not contain any mutations in the 316-bp fragment. This study represents the characterization of a hitherto undescribed resistance mechanism within the family Legionellaceae...
- Pilegaard H, Saltin B, Neufer P. Effect of short-term fasting and refeeding on transcriptional regulation of metabolic genes in human skeletal muscle. Diabetes. 2003;52:657-62 pubmed..Marked heterogeneity in the transcriptional response to the fasting/refeeding protocol suggests that individual differences in genetic profile may play an important role in adaptive molecular responses to metabolic challenges. ..
- Sørensen R, Hadrup S, Køllgaard T, Svane I, thor Straten P, Andersen M. Efficient tumor cell lysis mediated by a Bcl-X(L) specific T cell clone isolated from a breast cancer patient. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2007;56:527-33 pubmed..Finally, ex vivo-isolated leukemia cells, but not non-malignant B and T cells are killed by Bcl-X(L) specific T cells. Our data underline Bcl-X(L) as an universal tumor antigen widely applicable in specific anticancer immunotherapy. ..
- Olsen M, Madsen H, Hjalgrim H, Gregers J, Rostgaard K, Schmiegelow K. Preleukemic TEL-AML1-positive clones at cell level of 10(-3) to 10(-4) do not persist into adulthood. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2006;28:734-40 pubmed..The findings are compatible with the risk of t(12;21)(p13;q22) ALL correlating with the total number of TEL-AML1-positive cells in peripheral blood in both childhood and adulthood...
- Jacobsen C, Holben W. Quantification of mRNA in Salmonella sp. seeded soil and chicken manure using magnetic capture hybridization RT-PCR. J Microbiol Methods. 2007;69:315-21 pubmed..in the pasteurized manure. Thus, in this case using samples seeded with fresh Salmonella sp. the mRNA-based detection appears to be superior to minimizing false-positive detection which was prevalent with DNA-based qPCR. ..
- Leick L, Wojtaszewski J, Johansen S, Kiilerich K, Comes G, Hellsten Y, et al. PGC-1alpha is not mandatory for exercise- and training-induced adaptive gene responses in mouse skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;294:E463-74 pubmed..However, PGC-1alpha is not mandatory for training-induced increases in ALAS1, COXI, and cyt c expression, showing that factors other than PGC-1alpha can exert these adaptations. ..
- Wiese L, Hempel C, Penkowa M, Kirkby N, Kurtzhals J. Recombinant human erythropoietin increases survival and reduces neuronal apoptosis in a murine model of cerebral malaria. Malar J. 2008;7:3 pubmed publisher..The neurobiological responses to exogenously injected Epo during murine CM were examined...
- Kristensen D, Nielsen J, Skakkebaek N, Graem N, Jacobsen G, Rajpert De Meyts E, et al. Presumed pluripotency markers UTF-1 and REX-1 are expressed in human adult testes and germ cell neoplasms. Hum Reprod. 2008;23:775-82 pubmed publisher..UFT-1 and REX-1 are expressed in TGCT and the high abundance of UTF-1 in spermatocytic seminomas is consistent with the hypothesis that this tumour type originates from spermatogonia. ..
- Jacobsen L, Sørensen O, Cowland J, Borregaard N, Theilgaard Monch K. The secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) and the secondary granule protein lactoferrin are synthesized in myelocytes, colocalize in subcellular fractions of neutrophils, and are coreleased by activated neutrophils. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:1155-64 pubmed publisher..These might include the protection of secondary GPs against proteolytic activation and/or degradation by proteases, which might be dislocated to secondary granules at minute amounts as a consequence of spillover. ..
- Magistrado P, Staalsoe T, Theander T, Hviid L, Jensen A. CD36 selection of 3D7 Plasmodium falciparum associated with severe childhood malaria results in reduced VAR4 expression. Malar J. 2008;7:204 pubmed publisher..The current findings are consistent with the notion that CD36 adhesion is not associated with particular virulent parasite phenotypes, such as those believed to be exhibited by VAR4 expressing parasites. ..
- Jensen H, Andresen L, Nielsen J, Christensen J, Skov S. Vesicular stomatitis virus infection promotes immune evasion by preventing NKG2D-ligand surface expression. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23023 pubmed publisher..This may also have implications for immune recognition of cancer cells after combined treatment with VSV and chemotherapeutic drugs. ..
- Hansen T, Bisgaard M, Jønson L, Albrechtsen A, Filtenborg Barnkob B, Eiberg H, et al. Novel de novo BRCA2 mutation in a patient with a family history of breast cancer. BMC Med Genet. 2008;9:58 pubmed publisher..Variant specific PCR indicates that the mutation arose in the male germ-line. We conclude that the novel BRCA2 splice variant is a de novo mutation introduced in the male spermatozoa that can be classified as a disease causing mutation. ..
- Juel H, Kaestel C, Folkersen L, Faber C, Heegaard N, Borup R, et al. Retinal pigment epithelial cells upregulate expression of complement factors after co-culture with activated T cells. Exp Eye Res. 2011;92:180-8 pubmed publisher..This is important for the further understanding of inflammatory ocular diseases such as uveitis and age-related macular degeneration. ..
- Lauenborg B, Kopp K, Krejsgaard T, Eriksen K, Geisler C, Dabelsteen S, et al. Programmed cell death-10 enhances proliferation and protects malignant T cells from apoptosis. APMIS. 2010;118:719-28 pubmed publisher..Functional data show that PDCD10 depletion by small interfering RNA induces apoptosis and decreases proliferation of the sensitive cells. To our knowledge, these data provide the first functional link between PDCD10 and cancer. ..
- Dissing J, Søndervang A, Lund S. Exploring the limits for the survival of DNA in blood stains. J Forensic Leg Med. 2010;17:392-6 pubmed publisher..Even in humid climates the average RH is usually not more than 80% and RH rarely exceeds 93%; therefore we conclude that normal climatic conditions are not critical for the long time survival of DNA in untreated blood stains. ..
- Hauser F, Neupert S, Williamson M, Predel R, Tanaka Y, Grimmelikhuijzen C. Genomics and peptidomics of neuropeptides and protein hormones present in the parasitic wasp Nasonia vitripennis. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:5296-310 pubmed publisher..This lower number of neuropeptide genes might be related to Nasonia's parasitic life...
- Bernal A, Yoo C, Mutwil M, Jensen J, Hou G, Blaukopf C, et al. Functional analysis of the cellulose synthase-like genes CSLD1, CSLD2, and CSLD4 in tip-growing Arabidopsis cells. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:1238-53 pubmed publisher..We propose that the CSLD family of putative glycosyltransferases synthesize a polysaccharide that has a specialized structural role in the cell walls of tip-growing cells. ..
- Häger M, Pedersen C, Larsen M, Andersen M, Hother C, Grønbæk K, et al. MicroRNA-130a-mediated down-regulation of Smad4 contributes to reduced sensitivity to TGF-?1 stimulation in granulocytic precursors. Blood. 2011;118:6649-59 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-130a is involved in cell cycle regulation of granulocytic cells through engagement of Smad4 in the TGF-? pathway. ..
- Mamarabadi M, Jensen B, Jensen D, Lübeck M. Real-time RT-PCR expression analysis of chitinase and endoglucanase genes in the three-way interaction between the biocontrol strain Clonostachys rosea IK726, Botrytis cinerea and strawberry. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2008;285:101-10 pubmed publisher..This is the first example of monitoring of expression of chitinolytic genes in interactions between biocontrol agents and pathogens in plant material. ..
- Bjerregaard B, Holck S, Christensen I, Larsson L. Syncytin is involved in breast cancer-endothelial cell fusions. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2006;63:1906-11 pubmed..Moreover, a syncytin inhibitory peptide also inhibits fusions between cancer and endothelial cells. These results are the first to show that syncytin is expressed by human cancer cells and is involved in cancer-endothelial cell fusions. ..
- Bisgaard H, Holmskov U, Santoni Rugiu E, Nagy P, Nielsen O, Ott P, et al. Heterogeneity of ductular reactions in adult rat and human liver revealed by novel expression of deleted in malignant brain tumor 1. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:1187-98 pubmed
- Høier B, Rufener N, Bojsen Møller J, Bangsbo J, Hellsten Y. The effect of passive movement training on angiogenic factors and capillary growth in human skeletal muscle. J Physiol. 2010;588:3833-45 pubmed publisher..The magnitude of increase was similar for active exercise. The results demonstrate that a period of passive movement promotes endothelial cell proliferation and angiogenic factors and initiates capillarization in skeletal muscle. ..
- Rasmussen M, Juel C, Nordsborg N. Exercise-induced regulation of muscular Na+-K+ pump, FXYD1, and NHE1 mRNA and protein expression: importance of training status, intensity, and muscle type. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2011;300:R1209-20 pubmed publisher..Importantly, sprint exercise can reduce mRNA expression concomitant with increased protein expression. ..