Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on biological models in Prague, Praha, Czech Republic
Locale: Prague, Praha, Czech Republic
Topic: biological models
- Proska J, Tucek S. Competition between positive and negative allosteric effectors on muscarinic receptors. Mol Pharmacol. 1995;48:696-702 pubmed
- Dlasková A, Hlavatá L, Jezek J, Jezek P. Mitochondrial Complex I superoxide production is attenuated by uncoupling. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:2098-109 pubmed publisher..However, when this acceleration is prevented by 5-(N-ethyl-N-isopropyl) amiloride inhibition, no attenuation of superoxide production takes place. ..
- Sidlof P, Svec J, Horácek J, Vesely J, Klepacek I, Havlík R. Geometry of human vocal folds and glottal channel for mathematical and biomechanical modeling of voice production. J Biomech. 2008;41:985-95 pubmed publisher..Left-right differences between the cross-sectional shapes of the vocal folds were found in both the larynges...
- Vachtenheim J, Borovansky J. "Transcription physiology" of pigment formation in melanocytes: central role of MITF. Exp Dermatol. 2010;19:617-27 pubmed publisher..MITF is crucial in this process, while several other factors seem to have only an auxiliary role to play under specific circumstances...
- Frýdlová I, Basler M, Vasicová P, Malcová I, Hasek J. Special type of pheromone-induced invasive growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2007;52:87-95 pubmed..We suggest that partial dependence of the isw2Delta MATalpha invasion on Fus3p and Aga1p corresponds to a weaker pheromone response of this mutant. ..
- Rosina J, Kvasnák E, Suta D, Kolarova H, Malek J, Krajci L. Temperature dependence of blood surface tension. Physiol Res. 2007;56 Suppl 1:S93-8 pubmed..368 t + 66.072) x 10(-3) N/m and linear regression function of blood sediment surface tension is omega(t) = (-0.423 t + 67.223) x10(-3) N/m. ..
- Dostalova I, Smitka K, Papezova H, Kvasnickova H, Nedvidkova J. Increased insulin sensitivity in patients with anorexia nervosa: the role of adipocytokines. Physiol Res. 2007;56:587-94 pubmed..Hyperadiponectinemia could play a role in increased insulin sensitivity of patients with AN. Neither body size and adiposity nor insulin sensitivity are the major determinants of plasma resistin levels in AN. ..
- Hlavackova V, Goudet C, Kniazeff J, Zikova A, Maurel D, Vol C, et al. Evidence for a single heptahelical domain being turned on upon activation of a dimeric GPCR. EMBO J. 2005;24:499-509 pubmed..These data are consistent with a model in which a single HD is turned on upon activation of such homodimeric receptors and raise important issues in deciphering the functional role of GPCR dimer formation for G-protein activation. ..
- Peterkova R, Peterka M, Lesot H. The developing mouse dentition: a new tool for apoptosis study. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;1010:453-66 pubmed..The latter knowledge will be important for developing a technology of tooth engineering...
- Malatova I, Foltánová S, Beckova V, Filgas R, Pospisilova H, Hölgye Z. Assessment of occupational doses from internal contamination with 241Am. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2003;105:325-8 pubmed..The contaminant was presumably the same as that in the group of workers with old intakes, but its physical and chemical form could be influenced by a fixating lacquer used to prevent the spread of contamination...
- Prochazka J, Pantalacci S, Churava S, Rothova M, Lambert A, Lesot H, et al. Patterning by heritage in mouse molar row development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15497-502 pubmed publisher..This study highlights how rudiments of lost structures can stay integrated and participate in morphogenesis of functional organs and help in understanding their evolution, as Darwin suspected long ago. ..
- Smídková M, Spundová M, Marecek Z, Entlicher G. Effect of drugs on cholesterol crystallization in an artificial bile model and relation of this effect to drug binding to albumin. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2003;17:331-9 pubmed..On the basis of these experiments we could classify drugs into four groups which differ by their effects on spectral characteristics of complexes. ..
- Palkov Z, Devaux F, Icicov M, Min rikov L, Le Crom S, Jacq C. Ammonia pulses and metabolic oscillations guide yeast colony development. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3901-14 pubmed publisher..These metabolic features characterize a novel survival strategy used by yeast under starvation conditions prevalent in nature...
- Cerny R, Cattell M, Sauka Spengler T, Bronner Fraser M, Yu F, Medeiros D. Evidence for the prepattern/cooption model of vertebrate jaw evolution. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17262-7 pubmed publisher..We present this "Pre-pattern/Cooption" model as an alternative to current models linking the evolution of the jaw to the de novo appearance of sophisticated pharyngeal DV patterning. ..
- Zarsky V, Potocky M. Recycling domains in plant cell morphogenesis: small GTPase effectors, plasma membrane signalling and the exocyst. Biochem Soc Trans. 2010;38:723-8 pubmed publisher..Owing to the multiplicity of its Exo70 subunits, this complex, along with many RabA GTPases (putative recycling endosome organizers), may belong to core regulators of RD organization in plants. ..
- Kleisner K, Ivell R, Flegr J. The evolutionary history of testicular externalization and the origin of the scrotum. J Biosci. 2010;35:27-37 pubmed
- Cáp M, Vachova L, Palkova Z. Yeast colony survival depends on metabolic adaptation and cell differentiation rather than on stress defense. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32572-81 pubmed publisher..Sod2p and homeostasis of ROS may participate in regulatory events leading to ammonia signaling. ..
- Horejsi V, Otahal P, Brdicka T. LAT--an important raft-associated transmembrane adaptor protein. Delivered on 6 July 2009 at the 34th FEBS Congress in Prague, Czech Republic. FEBS J. 2010;277:4383-97 pubmed publisher..g. the controversy concerning the importance of LAT being present in membrane rafts, the involvement in signalling through a number of receptors other than the T cell receptor and the puzzling phenotype of some LAT mutants. ..
- Petrasek J, Friml J. Auxin transport routes in plant development. Development. 2009;136:2675-88 pubmed publisher..This activity crucially contributes to the correct setting of developmental cues in embryogenesis, organogenesis, vascular tissue formation and directional growth in response to environmental stimuli. ..
- Vlach J, Lipov J, Rumlova M, Veverka V, Lang J, Srb P, et al. D-retrovirus morphogenetic switch driven by the targeting signal accessibility to Tctex-1 of dynein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10565-70 pubmed publisher..This conformational change buries a putative intracellular targeting motif located between both domains in the hydrophobic pocket of the MA molecule, thereby preventing the interaction with cellular transport mechanisms...
- Kozmik Z, Ruzickova J, Jonasova K, Matsumoto Y, Vopalensky P, Kozmikova I, et al. Assembly of the cnidarian camera-type eye from vertebrate-like components. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:8989-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicative of parallelism provide an insight into eye evolution. Combined, the available data favor the possibility that vertebrate and cubozoan eyes arose by independent recruitment of orthologous genes during evolution...
- To C, Vohradsky J. Supervised inference of gene-regulatory networks. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:2 pubmed publisher..In several cases our algorithm gives predictions of novel interactions which have not been reported. ..
- Hainerova I, Larsen L, Holst B, Finková M, Hainer V, Lebl J, et al. Melanocortin 4 receptor mutations in obese Czech children: studies of prevalence, phenotype development, weight reduction response, and functional analysis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:3689-96 pubmed..Among obese Czech children, we found a prevalence of 2.4% of MC4R homozygous and heterozygous mutations and showed a similar response to diet management of MC4R mutation carriers and noncarriers. ..
- Babusiak M, Man P, Sutak R, Petrak J, Vyoral D. Identification of heme binding protein complexes in murine erythroleukemic cells: study by a novel two-dimensional native separation -- liquid chromatography and electrophoresis. Proteomics. 2005;5:340-50 pubmed..Thirty-three individual proteins were identified and attributed to four novel multiprotein complexes representing four different 'snapshots' of cellular events involved in hemoglobin biosynthesis...
- Jaburek M, Miyamoto S, Di Mascio P, Garlid K, Jezek P. Hydroperoxy fatty acid cycling mediated by mitochondrial uncoupling protein UCP2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53097-102 pubmed
- Pravenec M, Kazdova L, Landa V, Zidek V, Mlejnek P, Jansa P, et al. Transgenic and recombinant resistin impair skeletal muscle glucose metabolism in the spontaneously hypertensive rat. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45209-15 pubmed
- Cejka P, Vondrejs V, Storchova Z. Dissection of the functions of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae RAD6 postreplicative repair group in mutagenesis and UV sensitivity. Genetics. 2001;159:953-63 pubmed..From our data and data previously published, we suggest a role for Rad6 in DNA repair and mutagenesis and propose a model for the RAD6 postreplicative repair group. ..
- Janku I, Zvara K. Quantitative analysis of drug handling by the kidney using a physiological model of renal drug clearance. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1993;44:521-4 pubmed
- Psencik J, Arellano J, Ikonen T, Borrego C, Laurinmäki P, Butcher S, et al. Internal structure of chlorosomes from brown-colored chlorobium species and the role of carotenoids in their assembly. Biophys J. 2006;91:1433-40 pubmed..A model for chlorosome assembly, which accounts for the role of carotenoids and secondary BChl homologs, is presented...