Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Hradec Králové, Královéhradecký, Czech Republic
Locale: Hradec Králové, Královéhradecký, Czech Republic
Publications305 found, 100 shown here
- Pavlík V, Fajfrova J, Hlubik P, Drahokoupilova E. Vitamin levels in a selected population in the Czech Republic. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2010;31 Suppl 2:120-3 pubmed..The results show that it is necessary to ensure optimal food not only with an energetic diet value but also with a proper input of antioxidant carriers in the form of fresh vegetables and fruit every day. ..
- Vlčková H, Solichova D, Blaha M, Solich P, Novakova L. Microextraction by packed sorbent as sample preparation step for atorvastatin and its metabolites in biological samples--critical evaluation. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2011;55:301-8 pubmed publisher..Combination of fast MEPS method together with quick UHPLC-MS/MS was used for the determination of atorvastatin and its two metabolites in serum obtained from patients with familiar hypercholesterolemia. ..
- Zadak Z, Hyspler R, Ticha A, Vlcek J. Polypharmacy and malnutrition. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2013;16:50-5 pubmed publisher..It is known that about 65% of hospitalized patients have a worse nutritional status than their healthy contemporaries. A worsened nutritional status may adversely influence the process of treatment. ..
- Kanelli S, Ansell S, Habermann T, Inwards D, Tuinstra N, Witzig T. Rituximab toxicity in patients with peripheral blood malignant B-cell lymphocytosis. Leuk Lymphoma. 2001;42:1329-37 pubmed..Patients who experience a rapid drop in ALC should be monitored closely for tumor lysis and the pulmonary syndrome. ..
- Pudil R, Horacek J, Strasova A, Jebavy L, Vojacek J. Monitoring of the very early changes of left ventricular diastolic function in patients with acute leukemia treated with anthracyclines. Exp Oncol. 2008;30:160-2 pubmed..We consider using Doppler echocardiography as the election tool not only for baseline cardiologic screening but also for the monitoring of the earliest subclinical signs of cardiotoxicity. ..
- Bures J, Kabelac K, Kopacova M, Vorisek V, Siroký M, Palicka V, et al. Electrogastrography in patients with Roux-en-Y reconstruction after previous Billroth gastrectomy. Hepatogastroenterology. 2008;55:1492-6 pubmed..Older patients tended to have more severe dyspepsia. The results of this study suggest that abnormal EGG recording is associated with dyspepsia in patients after Roux-en-Y reconstruction. ..
- Férriz J, Vinsova J. Prodrug design of phenolic drugs. Curr Pharm Des. 2010;16:2033-52 pubmed..The article brings examples of ester, sulphate, carbamate, carbonate, phosphate and ether prodrugs as well as the limitations of these prodrug strategies. Some specific enzyme targets are also presented. ..
- Bajgar J. Optimal choice of acetylcholinesterase reactivators for antidotal treatment of nerve agent intoxication. Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove). 2010;53:207-11 pubmed..Possible way to solve the problem of universal reactivator could be the use of two reactivators. Three chambered autoinjector is an ideal device for this purpose. ..
- Kalfertova M, Burova M, Jiraskova N, Rozsival P. [Suprachoroid hemorrhage without the connection to the surgical procedure]. Cesk Slov Oftalmol. 2011;67:175-7 pubmed..The most important is rapid diagnosis of disease, differentiation from other eye diseases and initiation of therapy. We discuss clinical symptomatology, diagnostic and treatment of suprachoroidal hemorrhage...
- Ryska A, Seifert G. Adenolymphoma (Warthin's tumor) with multiple sarcoid-like granulomas. Pathol Res Pract. 1999;195:835-9 pubmed..Knowledge of a previous FNA and awareness of the possibility of this peculiar histologic change are necessary to avoid incorrect diagnosis...
- Pozlerova J, Nekolova J, Jiraskova N, Kadlecova J, Rozsival P. [Comparison of posterior capsule opacification in 2 types of implanted artificial intraocular lens]. Cesk Slov Oftalmol. 2007;63:42-6 pubmed..All patients included in this study were operated on at Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Hradec Králové, Czech Republic during the period from 1999 to 2002...
- Kuca K, Cabal J, Jun D, Hrabinova M. Potency of five structurally different acetylcholinesterase reactivators to reactivate human brain cholinesterases inhibited by cyclosarin. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2007;45:512-5 pubmed..Moreover, according to the results, we can describe basic structural requirements, which are necessary for the efficacious reactivation process...
- Karbanova J, Missol Kolka E, Fonseca A, Lorra C, Janich P, Hollerová H, et al. The stem cell marker CD133 (Prominin-1) is expressed in various human glandular epithelia. J Histochem Cytochem. 2008;56:977-93 pubmed publisher..This manuscript contains online supplemental material at http://www.jhc.org. Please visit this article online to view these materials...
- Tomsova M, Krepinska E, Spacek J. [Sclerosing stromal tumor--a rare benign ovarian neoplasm]. Ceska Gynekol. 2008;73:188-91 pubmed..We report a case of the ovarian SST in a 17-year-old girl. Clinical, microscopic, immunohistochemical, ultrastructural findings and differential diagnosis are disscussed...
- Dvorak J, Melichar B, Hyspler R, Krcmová L, Urbánek L, Kalábová H, et al. Intestinal permeability, vitamin A absorption, alpha-tocopherol, and neopterin in patients with rectal carcinoma treated with chemoradiation. Med Oncol. 2010;27:690-6 pubmed publisher..The therapy is also associated with a decrease of alpha-tocopherol. ..
- Kopacova M, Tacheci I, Rejchrt S, Bures J. Peutz-Jeghers syndrome: diagnostic and therapeutic approach. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:5397-408 pubmed..Although the incidence of PJS is low, it is important for clinicians to recognize these disorders to prevent morbidity and mortality in these patients, and to perform presymptomatic testing in the first-degree relatives of PJS patients. ..
- Parizek P, Haman L, Pleskot M, Pecka M, Bukac J, Stransky P, et al. Hemostatic changes before and during electrophysiologic study and radiofrequency catheter ablation. Int J Hematol. 2011;93:452-457 pubmed publisher..387; P = 0.002). Marked platelet activation was observed from the start of the procedure, without changes during the procedure. ..
- Hejna P, Safr M, Zátopková L. Suicidal decapitation by guillotine: case report and review of the literature. J Forensic Sci. 2012;57:1643-5 pubmed publisher..The suicide motive was most likely emotional distress after the death of his father. In medico-legal literature, there has been only one similar case of suicidal complete decapitation by a guillotine described...
- Kacerovsky M, Cobo T, Andrys C, Musilova I, Drahosova M, Hornychova H, et al. The fetal inflammatory response in subgroups of women with preterm prelabor rupture of the membranes. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2013;26:795-801 pubmed publisher..A higher fetal inflammatory response mediated by umbilical cord blood IL-6 was identified when both MIAC and HCA were detected in pregnancies complicated by PPROM. ..
- Cecka F, Ferko A, Jon B, Subrt Z, Kasparová P, Repák R. Pancreatic Castleman disease treated with laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2013;12:332-4 pubmed..Abdominal forms are less frequent, with pancreatic localization of the disease in particular being extremely rare. Only seventeen cases have been described in the world literature...
- Zitko J, Servusová B, Paterová P, Mandíková J, Kubícek V, Kucera R, et al. Synthesis, antimycobacterial activity and in vitro cytotoxicity of 5-chloro-N-phenylpyrazine-2-carboxamides. Molecules. 2013;18:14807-25 pubmed publisher..13 µg/mL M. tuberculosis) and was rated as non-toxic in two in vitro models (Chinese hamster ovary and renal cell adenocarcinoma cell lines; SI = 47 and 35, respectively). ..
- Dutta E, Behnia F, Boldogh I, Saade G, Taylor B, KacerovskÃ½ M, et al. Oxidative stress damage-associated molecular signaling pathways differentiate spontaneous preterm birth and preterm premature rupture of the membranes. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:143-57 pubmed publisher..KacerovskÃ½ from the Ministry of Health Czech Republic (UHHK, 001799906). The authors report no conflict of interest. ..
- Ramalho T, de Castro A, Silva D, Silva M, França T, Bennion B, et al. Computational Enzymology and Organophosphorus Degrading Enzymes: Promising Approaches Toward Remediation Technologies of Warfare Agents and Pesticides. Curr Med Chem. 2016;23:1041-61 pubmed
- Kassa J, Korabecny J, Nepovimova E. The Evaluation of Benefit of Newly Prepared Reversible Inhibitors of Acetylcholinesterase and Commonly Used Pyridostigmine as Pharmacological Pretreatment of Soman-Poisoned Mice. Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove). 2017;60:37-43 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that pharmacological pretreatment of somanpoisoned mice can be promising and useful in the case of administration of 6-chlorotacrine and partly compound 2. ..
- Borsky P, Andrys C, Krejsek J, Hamakova K, Kremlacek J, Malkova A, et al. Serum Level of Antibodies (IgG, IgM) Against Benzo[a]pyrene-7,8-diol-9,10-epoxide-DNA Adducts in Children Dermatologically Exposed to Coal Tar. Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove). 2017;60:27-31 pubmed publisher..34 vs. 0.31/0.25-0.40; median/lower-upper quartile; p < 0.01). The results support the idea of Ab-BPDE-DNA level as a possible tentative indicator of exposure, effects and susceptibility of the organism to the exposure of BaP (PAHs). ..
- Steiner I. [Carcinoid heart disease]. Cesk Patol. 2003;39:55-8 pubmed..In one case with a widely patent foramen ovale there was involvement of left-heart valves in addition. Local effect of serotonin appears to play the main role in pathogenesis of the endocardial plaques...
- Honegr K, Hulinska D, Beran J, Dostal V, Havlasová J, Cermakova Z. Long term and repeated electron microscopy and PCR detection of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato after an antibiotic treatment. Cent Eur J Public Health. 2004;12:6-11 pubmed..Also examination of the cerebrospinal fluid with non-specific symptoms and simultaneously displayed pathology electroencephalogram and/or magnetic resonance imaging findings can be advantageous. ..
- Kuca K, Cabal J, Jun D, Musilek K. In vitro reactivation potency of acetylcholinesterase reactivators--K074 and K075--to reactivate tabun-inhibited human brain cholinesterases. Neurotox Res. 2007;11:101-6 pubmed..A second AChE reactivator, K075, does not attain as great a reactivation potency as K074, although its maximal reactivation (17%) was achieved at relevant concentrations for humans...
- Slovacek L, Ansorgova V, Macingova Z, Haman L, Petera J. Tamoxifen-induced QT interval prolongation. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2008;33:453-5 pubmed publisher..We also highlight potential drug interactions, between tamoxifen and acitretin and the need to be aware of drugs which may induce QT interval prolongation. ..
- Pohanka M, Kuca K, Kassa J. New performance of biosensor technology for Alzheimer's disease drugs: in vitro comparison of tacrine and 7-methoxytacrine. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2008;29:755-8 pubmed..Our study shows that biosensor technology could be used as a quick and cheap tool for testing of promising AChE inhibitors (AD drug candidates). ..
- Prymula R, Kriz P, Kaliskova E, Pascal T, Poolman J, Schuerman L. Effect of vaccination with pneumococcal capsular polysaccharides conjugated to Haemophilus influenzae-derived protein D on nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae and H. influenzae in children under 2 years of age. Vaccine. 2009;28:71-8 pubmed publisher..influenzae was still reduced with 38.6% (95% CI: -6.3 to 64.6, ns). Reduction of acute otitis media (AOM) episodes preceded the impact on carriage. These data provide further support of the functional role of the protein D immunity. ..
- Musilek K, Dolezal M, Gunn Moore F, Kuca K. Design, evaluation and structure-activity relationship studies of the AChE reactivators against organophosphorus pesticides. Med Res Rev. 2011;31:548-75 pubmed publisher..Some of these are highlighted for their further testing of OPP exposure and, additionally, the main structure-activity relationship of AChE reactivators against OPP is discussed. ..
- Talab R, Valis M, Rehak S, Krejsek J. Abnormalities of tau-protein and beta-amyloid in brain ventricle cerebrospinal fluid. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2009;30:647-51 pubmed..CSF in the brain ventricles is theoretically more stable and the values in this CSF probably provide more reliable informations for clinical diagnostic procedure than those for the CSF obtained by lumbar puncture in the spinal canal. ..
- Beran J, Kervyn D, Wertzova V, Hobzova L, Tichy P, Kuriyakose S, et al. Comparison of long-term (10 years) immunogenicity of two- and three-dose regimens of a combined hepatitis A and B vaccine in adolescents. Vaccine. 2010;28:5993-7 pubmed publisher..Hence, with respect to long-term antibody persistence, the two-dose schedule of the combined HAB vaccine Adult formulation is an effective alternative to the conventional three-dose schedule of the Paediatric formulation in adolescents. ..
- Beran J, Abdel Messih I, Raupachova J, Hobzova L, Fragapane E. A phase III, randomized, open-label study to assess the tolerability and immunogenicity of an H5N1 influenza vaccine administered to healthy adults with a 1-, 2-, 3-, or 6-week interval between first and second doses. Clin Ther. 2010;32:2186-97 pubmed publisher..Clinically relevant levels of heterologous immunity were observed when the 2 doses of vaccine were administered either 2 or 3 weeks apart; however, the licensure criterion for seroprotection was not met in this case. ..
- Krátký M, Vinsova J. Salicylanilide ester prodrugs as potential antimicrobial agents--a review. Curr Pharm Des. 2011;17:3494-505 pubmed
- Masopust J, Maly R, Valis M. Risk of venous thromboembolism during treatment with antipsychotic agents. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2012;66:541-52 pubmed publisher..Further prospective studies are necessary to elucidate the biological mechanisms of the relations between antipsychotic agents and VTE. ..
- Pohanka M. Alzheimer´s disease and oxidative stress: a review. Curr Med Chem. 2014;21:356-64 pubmed..The disease progression is enhanced by oxidative stress. However, the role of oxidative stress is not universally accepted. The current review covers and discusses the basic evidence and role of oxidative stress in AD development. ..
- Bartosova L, Bajgar J. Transdermal drug delivery in vitro using diffusion cells. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19:4671-7 pubmed..In this review, we have summarized in vitro testing of skin absorption using static Franz-type diffusion cells. ..
- Gunka I, Navratil P, Lesko M, Jiska S, Raupach J. Laparoscopic Left Renal Vein Transposition for Nutcracker Syndrome. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;31:209.e1-5 pubmed publisher..At 12-month follow-up, hematuria, left flank pain, and left testicular pain resolved. Duplex ultrasonography revealed patent LRV. Laparoscopic LRV transposition appears to be safe, feasible, and has favorable postoperative course. ..
- Andrs M, Korabecny J, Nepovimova E, Jun D, Hodny Z, Kuca K. Small Molecules Targeting Ataxia Telangiectasia and Rad3-Related (ATR) Kinase: An Emerging way to Enhance Existing Cancer Therapy. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2016;16:200-8 pubmed..The purpose of this review is to summarize the potential of ATR inhibitors and the medicinal chemistry efforts which resulted in their identification. ..
- Mand ák J, Lonsky V, Sedlacek Z. Sternobronchial fistula--uncommon complication after coronary surgery (a case report). Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove). 2000;43:29-31 pubmed..After some time span an inflamed wound, several skin fistulae and the system of substernal fistulae appeared. One of these fistulae communicated with the left bronchial tree. ..
- Jankovicova K, Krejsek J, Kopecky O. [Multidrug resistance of leukemia cells to cytostatics--the functional fluorescent dye efflux assay evaluated by flow cytometry]. Vnitr Lek. 2001;47:25-9 pubmed..The cell line K562 with transfected P-glycoprotein gene serves as a model system for the studying of the transport function with the use of the fluorescent substrates and P-glycoprotein inhibitors...
- Splino M, Patocka J, Prymula R, Chlibek R. Anthrax vaccines. Ann Saudi Med. 2005;25:143-9 pubmed..Serious adverse reactions occur in about 1% of vaccinations. New second-generation vaccines in current research programs include recombinant live vaccines and recombinant sub-unit vaccines. ..
- Dolezal J, Vizda J, Odrazka K. Prospective evaluation of samarium-153-EDTMP radionuclide treatment for bone metastases in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer. Urol Int. 2007;78:50-7 pubmed..This radiopharmacon produces beta-particles and concentrates in the areas of enhanced osteoblastic activity. The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy of (153)Sm-EDTMP therapy...
- Janovská S, Pavkova I, Hubalek M, Lenco J, Macela A, Stulik J. Identification of immunoreactive antigens in membrane proteins enriched fraction from Francisella tularensis LVS. Immunol Lett. 2007;108:151-9 pubmed..By this approach 35 immunoreactive antigens were identified, 19 of them showed to be novel immunogens. In conclusion, sub-immunoproteome analysis resulted in successful identification of novel immunoreactive proteins. ..
- Rudolf E, Andelová H, Cervinka M. Activation of several concurrent proapoptic pathways by sulforaphane in human colon cancer cells SW620. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:2366-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, both pathways require the active role of mitochondria and do not depend on generation of ROS, making SF an attractive chemopreventive agent whose antitumor properties should be further investigated in colon cancer. ..
- Schroterova L, Králová V, Vorácová A, Haskova P, Rudolf E, Cervinka M. Antiproliferative effects of selenium compounds in colon cancer cells: comparison of different cytotoxicity assays. Toxicol In Vitro. 2009;23:1406-11 pubmed publisher..To a smaller extent, the results were affected by the different chemical nature of the selenium compounds tested as well as by the biological properties of individual cell lines. ..
- Laco J, Mentzel T, Hornychova H, Kohout A, Jirousek Z, Ryska A. Atypical lipomatous tumors of the tongue: report of six cases. Virchows Arch. 2009;455:383-8 pubmed publisher..Although most ALTs of the tongue behave in the nonaggressive fashion, they may recur locally. Based on current data, the term ALT is strongly recommended for tumors occurring in the tongue to prevent inadequate treatment. ..
- Sponer P, Kucera T. Remodelling of the femoral head after proximal femoral osteotomy for avascular necrosis associated with slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2010;111:410-3 pubmed..4, ref. 16)...
- Stejskalova L, Pavek P. The function of cytochrome P450 1A1 enzyme (CYP1A1) and aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) in the placenta. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2011;12:715-30 pubmed..We summarize the recent findings related to toxicological consequences of AhR activation and CYP1A1 induction in the human placenta during pregnancy. ..
- Necas P, Hejna P. [Usage of automatic voice transcription in autopsy service]. Soud Lek. 2011;56:40-2 pubmed..Such improvement involves appropriate vocabulary usage and special vocal adaptation. The role of the autopsy secretary is acknowledged. ..
- Mandíková J, Volková M, Pavek P, Cesnek M, Janeba Z, Kubícek V, et al. Interactions with selected drug renal transporters and transporter-mediated cytotoxicity in antiviral agents from the group of acyclic nucleoside phosphonates. Toxicology. 2013;311:135-46 pubmed publisher..This transporter may also play an important role in the mechanism of their potential cytotoxic effects. These facts are in good accordance with previous findings in the clinically used ANPs. ..
- Pilka R, Marek R, Adam T, Kudela M, Ondrová D, Neubert D, et al. Systemic Inflammatory Response After Open, Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery in Endometrial Cancer Patients. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2909-22 pubmed..The present data demonstrate a differential response to surgical trauma in patients with endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Bostikova V, Pasdiorova M, Marek J, Prasil P, Salavec M, Sleha R, et al. [Biological factors influencing infectious diseases transmitted by invasive species of mosquitoes]. Klin Mikrobiol Infekc Lek. 2016;22:75-85 pubmed..It aims at the development of strategic plans and vaccination policies which are the main tasks of this time, as well as the development and application of new disinfectants to control vector populations. ..
- Gunka I, Krajickova D, Lesko M, Jiska S, Raupach J, Lojik M, et al. Emergent Carotid Thromboendarterectomy for Acute Symptomatic Occlusion of the Extracranial Internal Carotid Artery. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2017;51:176-182 pubmed publisher..Thorough preoperative neuroimaging is essential to aid in selecting eligible candidates for acute surgical intervention. ..
- Lingscheid T, Kurth F, Clerinx J, Marocco S, Treviño B, Schunk M, et al. Schistosomiasis in European Travelers and Migrants: Analysis of 14 Years TropNet Surveillance Data. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:567-574 pubmed publisher..Posttravel consultations particularly for returning expatriates are useful given the high potential for detecting asymptomatic infections...
- Simunek T, Sterba M, Popelova O, Kaiserova H, Adamcova M, Hroch M, et al. Anthracycline toxicity to cardiomyocytes or cancer cells is differently affected by iron chelation with salicylaldehyde isonicotinoyl hydrazone. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;155:138-48 pubmed publisher..In addition to cardioprotection, iron chelation may have considerable potential to improve the therapeutic action of anthracyclines by enhancing their anticancer efficiency and this potential warrants further investigation. ..
- Lukásková J, Tomsíková Z, Kokstein Z. Cerebral function monitoring in neonates with perinatal asphyxia--preliminary results. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2008;29:522-8 pubmed..As it could be used in the first few hours after birth, this method could be applied to select patients suitable for therapeutic hypothermia. ..
- Ahmadimoghaddam D, Zemankova L, Nachtigal P, Dolezelova E, Neumanova Z, Cerveny L, et al. Organic cation transporter 3 (OCT3/SLC22A3) and multidrug and toxin extrusion 1 (MATE1/SLC47A1) transporter in the placenta and fetal tissues: expression profile and fetus protective role at different stages of gestation. Biol Reprod. 2013;88:55 pubmed publisher..In contrast, decreasing expression of OCT3 and MATE1 in human placenta indicates these transporters may play a role in fetal protection preferentially at earlier stages of gestation. ..
- Petera J, Odrazka K, Zouhar M, Bedrosová J, Dolezel M. High-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapy for the treatment of penile carcinoma. Strahlenther Onkol. 2004;180:123-5 pubmed..HDR interstitial brachytherapy is feasible in selected case of penis carcinoma, when careful planning and small single fractions are used. ..
- Habal P, Malek V, Novotny J. Case: unusual migration of osteosynthetic material. Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove). 2005;48:49-52 pubmed..This rod migrated from the retroperitoneal space to the pleural cavity. The removal of this rod was carried out by videothoracoscopy. ..
- Melichar B, Solichova D, Freedman R. Neopterin as an indicator of immune activation and prognosis in patients with gynecological malignancies. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006;16:240-52 pubmed..Elevated neopterin has also been connected with depressed function of peripheral blood lymphocytes and a decrease in CD4+ T-cell numbers. ..
- Vinsova J, Cermakova K, Tomeckova A, Ceckova M, Jampilek J, Cermak P, et al. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of new 2-substituted 5,7-di-tert-butylbenzoxazoles. Bioorg Med Chem. 2006;14:5850-65 pubmed..Structure-activity relationships among the chemical structures, the physical properties and the biological activities of the evaluated compounds are discussed in the article. ..
- Prymula R, David M, Lefevre I, Kohl I, Stefkovicová M. The immunogenicity and reactogenicity of a new DTPw-HBV vaccine as a primary and booster vaccination course in healthy infants. Hum Vaccin. 2007;3:121-6 pubmed..In conclusion, within the framework of this study the immunogenicity and safety profiles of GSK Biologicals' new DTPw-HBV vaccine when used for primary and booster vaccination were acceptable. ..
- Koleckar V, Brojerova E, Rehakova Z, Kubikova K, Cervenka F, Kuca K, et al. In vitro antiplatelet activity of flavonoids from Leuzea carthamoides. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2008;31:27-35 pubmed..Though two of the tested flavonoids inhibited platelet aggregation, further evaluation of L. carthamoides, in order to discover other antiplatelet active compounds and possible adverse health effects, is needed. ..
- Cygalova L, Ceckova M, Pavek P, Staud F. Role of breast cancer resistance protein (Bcrp/Abcg2) in fetal protection during gestation in rat. Toxicol Lett. 2008;178:176-80 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the rat fetus is protected by Bcrp against potentially detrimental substances from gd 15 onwards. Moreover, we propose that the protection of fetus by placental Bcrp is further strengthened by fetal Bcrp...
- Pospechova K, Rozehnal V, Stejskalova L, Vrzal R, Pospisilova N, Jamborova G, et al. Expression and activity of vitamin D receptor in the human placenta and in choriocarcinoma BeWo and JEG-3 cell lines. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;299:178-87 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest an epigenetic repression of VDR gene expression and activity in choriocarcinoma cell lines, and a non-genomic effect of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) in JEG-3 cells. ..
- Bajgar J, Fusek J, Kassa J, Kuca K, Jun D. Chemical aspects of pharmacological prophylaxis against nerve agent poisoning. Curr Med Chem. 2009;16:2977-86 pubmed..g. huperzine A, physostigmine, acridine derivatives etc.) including non-traditional routes of administration. ..
- Abasaeed A, Vlcek J, Abuelkhair M, Kubena A. Self-medication with antibiotics by the community of Abu Dhabi Emirate, United Arab Emirates. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2009;3:491-7 pubmed..001). The results of this study confirm that antibiotic self-medication is a relatively frequent problem in Abu Dhabi. Interventions are required in order to reduce the frequency of antibiotic misuse. ..
- Kacerovsky M, Tosner J, Drahosova M, Hornychova H, Andrys C. Pentraxin 3 in amniotic fluid as a marker of intra-amniotic inflammation in women with preterm premature rupture of membranes. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2010;108:203-6 pubmed publisher..0] versus 0.67ng/mL [0.4-2.8]; P=0.007). Histological chorioamnionitis is associated with a significant increase of amniotic fluid pentraxin 3 levels. Amniotic fluid pentraxin 3 appears to be a marker of intra-amniotic inflammation. ..
- Aufartová J, Mahugo Santana C, Sosa Ferrera Z, Santana Rodríguez J, Novakova L, Solich P. Determination of steroid hormones in biological and environmental samples using green microextraction techniques: an overview. Anal Chim Acta. 2011;704:33-46 pubmed publisher..We also describe liquid-phase microextraction (LPME) approaches reported in the literature that are applied to the determination of steroid hormones. ..
- Pohanka M. Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors: a patent review (2008 - present). Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2012;22:871-86 pubmed publisher..The research for drugs for Alzheimer's disease needs to focus on inhibitors that reduce the deposition of amyloid plaques, but do not initiate AChE expression. ..
- Suchanek J, Suchánková Kleplová T, Rehacek V, Browne K, Soukup T. Proliferative Capacity and Phenotypical Alteration of Multipotent Ecto-Mesenchymal Stem Cells from Human Exfoliated Deciduous Teeth Cultured in Xenogeneic and Allogeneic Media. Folia Biol (Praha). 2016;62:1-14 pubmed..We have also proved that different sera impact the cultured cells' phenotype differently, which has major implications for previous and future stem cell research and regenerative therapy. ..
- Ambroz M, Matousková P, Skarka A, Zajdlova M, Žáková K, Skalova L. The Effects of Selected Sesquiterpenes from Myrica rubra Essential Oil on the Efficacy of Doxorubicin in Sensitive and Resistant Cancer Cell Lines. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the tested sesquiterpenes were able to improve DOX efficacy in the sensitive and partly resistant cancer cells, but not in cells completely resistant to DOX. ..
- Dulícuek P, Maly J, Pesuavová L, Pecka M. Prevalence of inherited thrombophilia in young thrombosis patients from the East Bohemian region. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2002;13:569-73 pubmed..Our results confirm the usefulness of thrombophilia work-up in patients with venous thrombosis before the age of 45 years in our region. The diagnosis of inherited thrombophilia is important for further management of these patients. ..
- Koleckar V, Kubikova K, Rehakova Z, Kuca K, Jun D, Jahodar L, et al. Condensed and hydrolysable tannins as antioxidants influencing the health. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2008;8:436-47 pubmed..The mechanisms of action of antibacterial, antiviral, anticarcinogenic, cardiovascular system preventing, and antiinflammatory effects as well as the absorption, metabolic fate and positive in vivo effects of tannins are enclosed. ..
- Pohanka M, Jun D, Kuca K. In vitro reactivation of trichlorfon-inhibited butyrylcholinesterase using HI-6, obidoxime, pralidoxime and K048. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2009;24:680-3 pubmed publisher..There was also an observed lowering of reactivation efficacy when butyrylcholinesterase was exposed to trichlorfon for a longer time interval...
- Straskova A, Pavkova I, Link M, Forslund A, Kuoppa K, Noppa L, et al. Proteome analysis of an attenuated Francisella tularensis dsbA mutant: identification of potential DsbA substrate proteins. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:5336-46 pubmed publisher..These proteins are substrate candidates for the DsbA disulfide oxidoreductase as well as being responsible for the virulence attenuation of the dsbA mutant...