Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Sheng, China
Locale: Hangzhou, Zhejiang Sheng, China
Topic: signal transduction
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Chen M, Du X, Zhu Y, Wang Z, Hua S, Li Z, et al. Seed Fatty Acid Reducer acts downstream of gibberellin signalling pathway to lower seed fatty acid storage in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Environ. 2012;35:2155-69 pubmed publisher..SFAR reduces seed FA storage and acts downstream of the GA signalling pathway. We provide the first evidence that some GDSL proteins are somehow involved in FA degradation in Arabidopsis seeds. ..
- Wu M, Xu T, Zhou Y, Lu H, Gu Z. Pressure and inflammatory stimulation induced increase of cadherin-11 is mediated by PI3K/Akt pathway in synovial fibroblasts from temporomandibular joint. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2013;21:1605-12 pubmed publisher..The goal of the study was to investigate the expression of cadherin-11 in synovial fibroblasts (SFs) under mechanical or inflammatory stimuli, and its potential relationship with PI3K/Akt signaling pathway...
- Ji J, Zheng X, Forgues M, Yamashita T, Wauthier E, Reid L, et al. Identification of microRNAs specific for epithelial cell adhesion molecule-positive tumor cells in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2015;62:829-40 pubmed publisher..miR-155 is highly elevated in EpCAM(+) HCC cells and might serve as a molecular target to eradicate the EpCAM(+) CSC population in human HCCs. ..
- Che L, Jin Y, Zhang C, Lai T, Zhou H, Xia L, et al. Ozone-induced IL-17A and neutrophilic airway inflammation is orchestrated by the caspase-1-IL-1 cascade. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18680 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrate that ozone-induced IL-17A and neutrophilic airway inflammation is orchestrated by the caspase-1-IL-1 cascade. ..
- Zhong A, Tan F, Yang W. Chromokinesin: Kinesin superfamily regulating cell division through chromosome and spindle. Gene. 2016;589:43-48 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we have also introduced some new-found but unconfirmed kinesins which may have a relationship with chromosomes or the cell cycle. ..
- Xia L, Hua W, Jin Y, Tian B, Qiu Z, Zhang C, et al. Eosinophil differentiation in the bone marrow is promoted by protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP2. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2175 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal SHP2 as a critical regulator of eosinophil differentiation, and inhibition of SHP2 specifically in myeloid cells alleviates allergic airway inflammation. ..
- Zheng X, Han H, Liu G, Ma Y, Pan R, Sang L, et al. LncRNA wires up Hippo and Hedgehog signaling to reprogramme glucose metabolism. EMBO J. 2017;36:3325-3335 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study not only reveals the mechanism by which YAP reprograms glucose metabolism, but also highlights the therapeutic potential of targeting YAP-BCAR4-glycolysis axis for breast cancer treatment. ..
- Dai T, Zheng H, Fu G. Hypoxia confers protection against apoptosis via the PI3K/Akt pathway in endothelial progenitor cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2008;29:1425-31 pubmed publisher..However, ERK inhibitor PD98059 had no significant effect on cell survival. Our data demonstrated that hypoxia inhibited serum withdrawal-induced apoptosis in EPC, which might be associated with the activation of the PI3K/Akt pathway. ..
- Hu Y, Liang H, Du Y, Zhu Y, Wang X. Curcumin inhibits transforming growth factor-beta activity via inhibition of Smad signaling in HK-2 cells. Am J Nephrol. 2010;31:332-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest curcumin as a potential candidate for treatment of tubulointerstitial fibrosis. ..
- Sun L, Zhou Z, An L, An Y, Zhao Y, Meng X, et al. GLABROUS INFLORESCENCE STEMS regulates trichome branching by genetically interacting with SIM in Arabidopsis. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2013;14:563-9 pubmed publisher..The gain or loss of function of GIS had no significant effect on the expression of SIM. These results suggest that GIS may play an indirect role in regulating trichome cell division by genetically interacting with SIM. ..
- Zhu Y, Liang Z, Li S, Xu X, Wang X, Wu J, et al. c-Met and CREB1 are involved in miR-433-mediated inhibition of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in bladder cancer by regulating Akt/GSK-3Î²/Snail signaling. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2088 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study reveals that miR-433-c-MET/CREB1-Akt/GSK-3Î²/Snail signaling is critical to EMT in BCa. Targeting the pathway described here may open up new prospects to restrict metastatic progression of BCa. ..
- Hu C, Li H, Li J, Zhu Z, Yin S, Hao X, et al. Analysis of ABCG2 expression and side population identifies intrinsic drug efflux in the HCC cell line MHCC-97L and its modulation by Akt signaling. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:2289-97 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate the protective role of intrinsic ABCG2 expression in HCC cells and suggest that suppressing Akt signaling could help overcome the drug efflux by ABCG2 transporter...
- Zheng H, Shen C, Qiu F, Zhao Y, Fu G. Stromal cell-derived factor 1alpha reduces senescence of endothelial progenitor subpopulation in lectin-binding and DiLDL-uptaking cell through telomerase activation and telomere elongation. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:757-63 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of EPC subpopulation senescence and induction of EPC subpopulation proliferation by SDF-1alpha in vitro may importantly improve the functional activity of EPC subpopulation for potential cell therapy. ..
- Zou X, Feng Z, Li Y, Wang Y, Wertz K, Weber P, et al. Stimulation of GSH synthesis to prevent oxidative stress-induced apoptosis by hydroxytyrosol in human retinal pigment epithelial cells: activation of Nrf2 and JNK-p62/SQSTM1 pathways. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23:994-1006 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that Nrf2 activation induced by the JNK pathway plays an essential role in the mechanism behind HT's strengthening of the antiapoptotic actions of the endogenous antioxidant system. ..
- Hong L, Jiang Q, Long S, Wang H, Zhang L, Tian Y, et al. Valproic Acid Influences MTNR1A Intracellular Trafficking and Signaling in a Î²-Arrestin 2-Dependent Manner. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:1237-46 pubmed publisher..Together, we suggest that valproic acid influences MTNR1A intracellular trafficking and signaling in a Î²-arrestin 2-dependent manner. ..
- Guo L, Teng L. YAP/TAZ for cancer therapy: opportunities and challenges (review). Int J Oncol. 2015;46:1444-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we describe the opportunities and challenges for exploit YAP and TAZ as potential therapeutic targets in cancer. ..
- Zhou Q, Xu C, Cheng X, Liu Y, Yue M, Hu M, et al. Platelets promote cartilage repair and chondrocyte proliferation via ADP in a rodent model of osteoarthritis. Platelets. 2016;27:212-22 pubmed publisher..This finding may provide a key explanation for the therapeutic effect of platelets in OA and help shaping a strategy to improve OA therapy. ..
- Li X, Rydzewski N, Hider A, Zhang X, Yang J, Wang W, et al. A molecular mechanism to regulate lysosome motility for lysosome positioning and tubulation. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:404-17 pubmed publisher..Ca(2+) release from lysosomes thus provides an on-demand mechanism regulating lysosome motility, positioning and tubulation. ..
- Wu F, Shi W, Zhou G, Yao H, Xu C, Xiao W, et al. Ginkgolide B functions as a determinant constituent of Ginkgolides in alleviating lipopolysaccharide-induced lung injury. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;81:71-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrates that GB functions as the determinant constituent of Ginkgolides in alleviating LPS-induced lung injury. ..
- Wu J, Li B, Sun X, Cao G, Rubin D, Napel S, et al. Heterogeneous Enhancement Patterns of Tumor-adjacent Parenchyma at MR Imaging Are Associated with Dysregulated Signaling Pathways and Poor Survival in Breast Cancer. Radiology. 2017;285:401-413 pubmed publisher..sup>© RSNA, 2017 Online supplemental material is available for this article. ..
- Chen G, Deng C, Li Y. TGF-? and BMP signaling in osteoblast differentiation and bone formation. Int J Biol Sci. 2012;8:272-88 pubmed publisher..This review also highlights the different modes of cross-talk between TGF-?/BMP signaling and the signaling pathways of MAPK, Wnt, Hedgehog, Notch, and FGF in osteoblast differentiation and bone formation. ..
- Yu Q, Sun L, Jin H, Chen Q, Chen Z, Xu M. Lead-induced nitric oxide generation plays a critical role in lead uptake by Pogonatherum crinitum root cells. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:1728-36 pubmed publisher..crinitum root cells. Thus, our results suggest a potential strategy for controlling Pb uptake by plants by targeting NR as a source of Pb-triggered NO production...
- Jin K, Su K, Li T, Zhu X, Wang Q, Ge R, et al. Hepatic Premalignant Alterations Triggered by Human Nephrotoxin Aristolochic Acid I in Canines. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2016;9:324-34 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it highlights the new insight into the interplay of the network in hepatic tumorigenesis by AAI exposure, and also suggests that anti-premalignant therapy may be crucial for preventing AAI-induced hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Chen K, Wu G, Wang Y, Tian C, Samaj J, Baluska F, et al. The block of intracellular calcium release affects the pollen tube development of Picea wilsonii by changing the deposition of cell wall components. Protoplasma. 2008;233:39-49 pubmed publisher..wilsonii and its inhibition can lead to abnormal growth by disturbing the deposition of cell wall components in pollen tube tips. ..
- Cui J, Zhou Y, Ding J, Xia X, Shi K, Chen S, et al. Role of nitric oxide in hydrogen peroxide-dependent induction of abiotic stress tolerance by brassinosteroids in cucumber. Plant Cell Environ. 2011;34:347-58 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that NO plays an important role in H(2) O(2) -dependent induction of plant stress tolerance by BR. ..
- Xu S, Zhao Y, Yu L, Shen X, Ding F, Fu G. Rosiglitazone attenuates endothelial progenitor cell apoptosis induced by TNF-? via ERK/MAPK and NF-?B signal pathways. J Pharmacol Sci. 2011;117:265-74 pubmed..These results suggest that rosiglitazone may mediate the inhibitory effect on EPCs apoptosis under TNF-? stimulation through suppression of ERK/MAPK and NF-?B signal pathways. ..
- Han W, Sun J, Feng L, Wang K, Li D, Pan Q, et al. Autophagy inhibition enhances daunorubicin-induced apoptosis in K562 cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28491 pubmed publisher..Autophagy inhibition thus represents a promising approach to improve the efficacy of DNR in the treatment of patients with myeloid leukemia...
- Hu P, Lai D, Lu P, Gao J, He H. ERK and Akt signaling pathways are involved in advanced glycation end product-induced autophagy in rat vascular smooth muscle cells. Int J Mol Med. 2012;29:613-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, AGE-induced autophagy contributes to the process of AGE-induced proliferation of VSMCs, which is related to atherosclerosis in diabetes. ..
- Wang D, Zheng M, Lei L, Ji J, Yao Y, Qiu Y, et al. Tespa1 is involved in late thymocyte development through the regulation of TCR-mediated signaling. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:560-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that Tespa1 is a component of the TCR signalosome and is essential for T cell selection and maturation through the regulation of TCR signaling during T cell development. ..
- Zhang Q, Bai X, Chen W, Ma T, Hu Q, Liang C, et al. Wnt/?-catenin signaling enhances hypoxia-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma via crosstalk with hif-1? signaling. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:962-73 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Wnt/?-catenin signaling enhances hypoxia-induced EMT in HCC by increasing the EMT-associated activity of hif-1? and preventing tumor cell death. ..
- Zhou S, Liu L, Li H, Eilers G, Kuang Y, Shi S, et al. Multipoint targeting of the PI3K/mTOR pathway in mesothelioma. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:2479-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, we hypothesised that a coordinated network of multi-RTK activation contributes to mesothelioma tumorigenesis...
- Yu C, Yu W, Fang J, Zhang H, Ma Y, Yu B, et al. Mosla scabra flavonoids ameliorate the influenza A virus-induced lung injury and water transport abnormality via the inhibition of PRR and AQP signaling pathways in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;179:146-55 pubmed publisher..Treatment with MF could significantly alleviate IAV-induced pulmonary inflammation, apoptosis and water transport abnormality, which was probably through the regulation of TLR7, RIG-1 and AQP5 signaling pathway. ..
- Lu B, Chen L, Zhang Y, Shi Y, Zhou N. Quantitative analysis of G-protein-coupled receptor internalization using DnaE intein-based assay. Methods Cell Biol. 2016;132:293-318 pubmed publisher..These advantages may allow this assay to be used universally as a functional cell-based system for GPCR characterization and in the screening process of drug discovery. ..
- Feng Y, Xiang J, Kong N, Cai X, Xie A. Buried territories: heterochromatic response to DNA double-strand breaks. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2016;48:594-602 pubmed publisher..As some subsets of DSBs may be repaired in heterochromatin independently of the ATM signaling, a possible repair model is also proposed for ATM-independent repair of these heterochromatic DSBs. ..
- Ren Z, Chen X, Cui G, Yin S, Chen L, Jiang J, et al. Nanosecond pulsed electric field inhibits cancer growth followed by alteration in expressions of NF-κB and Wnt/β-catenin signaling molecules. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74322 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide a creative and effective therapeutic strategy for cancers. ..
- Lu H, Gao G, Xu G, Fan L, Yin L, Shen B, et al. Deinococcus radiodurans PprI switches on DNA damage response and cellular survival networks after radiation damage. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:481-94 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role, either directly or indirectly, for PprI as a general switch to efficiently enhance the DNA repair capability and extreme radioresistance of D. radiodurans via regulation of a series of pathways. ..
- Zhang J, Cao J, Weng Q, Wu R, Yan Y, Jing H, et al. Suppression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1? (HIF-1?) by tirapazamine is dependent on eIF2? phosphorylation rather than the mTORC1/4E-BP1 pathway. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13910 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings suggest that TPZ is a potent regulator of HIF-1? and provide new insight into the potential molecular mechanism whereby TPZ serves to reduce HIF-1? expression. ..
- Xiang L, He G. Caloric restriction and antiaging effects. Ann Nutr Metab. 2011;58:42-8 pubmed publisher..The metabolic changes induced by dietary restriction, the inhibition of fat deposition in nonadipose tissue and the effects on signal transduction are considered the most likely candidates for mechanisms underlying the effects of CR. ..
- Zhao B, Tumaneng K, Guan K. The Hippo pathway in organ size control, tissue regeneration and stem cell self-renewal. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:877-83 pubmed publisher..In this review we summarize current understanding of the composition and regulation of the Hippo pathway, and discuss how cell polarity and cell adhesion proteins inform the role of this pathway in organ size control and regeneration. ..
- Zhang J, Li G, Li Z, Yu X, Zheng Y, Jin K, et al. Estrogen-independent effects of ER-?36 in ER-negative breast cancer. Steroids. 2012;77:666-73 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of ER-?36 also resulted in decreased migration and invasion. These changes were estrogen independent. Our findings indicated that target ER-?36 may be a strategy for treating ER-negative breast cancers. ..
- An L, Zhou Z, Sun L, Yan A, Xi W, Yu N, et al. A zinc finger protein gene ZFP5 integrates phytohormone signaling to control root hair development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2012;72:474-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ZFP5 integrates various plant hormone cues to control root epidermal cell development in Arabidopsis...
- Zhong J, Chen S, Xue M, Du Q, Cai J, Jin H, et al. ZIC1 modulates cell-cycle distributions and cell migration through regulation of sonic hedgehog, PI(3)K and MAPK signaling pathways in gastric cancer. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:290 pubmed publisher..ZIC1 serves as a potential therapeutic target for gastric cancer. ..
- Han X, Fang X, Lou X, Hua D, Ding W, Foltz G, et al. Silencing SOX2 induced mesenchymal-epithelial transition and its expression predicts liver and lymph node metastasis of CRC patients. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41335 pubmed publisher..Finally, an IHC analysis of 44 cases of colorectal cancer patients suggested that SOX2 is a prognosis marker for metastasis of colorectal cancers. ..
- Wu Y, Liang J, Zhang W, Tanaka Y, Sugiyama H. Immunotherapies: the blockade of inhibitory signals. Int J Biol Sci. 2012;8:1420-30 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the progress that has been made with the mentioned receptors in the field of immunotherapies for autoimmune diseases, malignancies, infectious diseases, and transplantation. ..
- Luan J, Ghanim M, Liu S, Czosnek H. Silencing the ecdysone synthesis and signaling pathway genes disrupts nymphal development in the whitefly. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;43:740-6 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the silencing method developed here provides a useful tool for functional gene discovery studies of sap-sucking insects, and further indicate the potential of regulating the ecdysone pathway in whitefly control. ..
- Zhang L, Zhou F, García de Vinuesa A, de Kruijf E, Mesker W, Hui L, et al. TRAF4 promotes TGF-? receptor signaling and drives breast cancer metastasis. Mol Cell. 2013;51:559-72 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that TRAF4 can regulate the TGF-? pathway and is a key determinant in breast cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Ding M, Jiang Y, Cao Y, Lin L, He S, Zhou W, et al. Gene expression profile analysis of Ligon lintless-1 (Li1) mutant reveals important genes and pathways in cotton leaf and fiber development. Gene. 2014;535:273-85 pubmed publisher..Differentially expressed genes identified in both leaf and fiber samples are aligned with cotton whole genome sequences and combined with the genetic fine mapping results to identify a list of candidate genes for Li1. ..
- Xu F, Kang Y, Zhuang N, Lu Z, Zhang H, Xu D, et al. Bcl6 Sets a Threshold for Antiviral Signaling by Restraining IRF7 Transcriptional Program. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18778 pubmed publisher..The failure to remove the Bcl6 regulator, however, impedes the antiviral signaling and exaggerates viral pneumonia in mice. We thus reveal a novel key molecular checkpoint to orchestrate antiviral innate immunity. ..
- Jin C, Li J, Cheng L, Liu F, Wu N. Gp120 binding with DC-SIGN induces reactivation of HIV-1 provirus via the NF-ÎºB signaling pathway. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2016;48:275-81 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that HIV-1 gp120/DC-SIGN stimulation reactivates latent HIV-1 provirus via the NF-ÎºB signal pathway. ..
- Mao Y, Wu S, Zhao R, Deng Q. MiR-205 promotes proliferation, migration and invasion of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells by activation of AKT signalling. J Int Med Res. 2016;44:231-40 pubmed publisher..MiR-205 plays vital roles in tumourigenesis and tumour progression in NPC, and may be a potential treatment target. ..
- Wang C, Long W, Peng C, Hu L, Zhang Q, Wu A, et al. HTLV-1 Tax Functions as a Ubiquitin E3 Ligase for Direct IKK Activation via Synthesis of Mixed-Linkage Polyubiquitin Chains. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005584 pubmed publisher..Our studies revealed the biochemical function of Tax in the process of IKK activation, which utilizes the minimal cellular ubiquitination components for NF-?B activation. ..
- Zhang J, Lai W, Li Q, Yu Y, Jin J, Guo W, et al. A novel oncolytic adenovirus targeting Wnt signaling effectively inhibits cancer-stem like cell growth via metastasis, apoptosis and autophagy in HCC models. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:469-477 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the novel oncolytic adenovirus Ad.wnt-E1A(?24bp)-TSLC1 has potential application as a therapeutic target for HCC stem cells. ..
- Ma L, Manaenko A, Ou Y, Shao A, Yang S, Zhang J. Bosutinib Attenuates Inflammation via Inhibiting Salt-Inducible Kinases in Experimental Model of Intracerebral Hemorrhage on Mice. Stroke. 2017;48:3108-3116 pubmed publisher..SIK-2 inhibition via Bosutinib or small interfering RNA decreased inflammation, attenuating brain injury. SIK-2 effects are, at least partly, mediated by CRTC3-cyclic amp-response element binding protein-NF-κB signaling pathway. ..
- Bian C, Lin J, Li X, Wang Y, Hu H, Chen P. Telmisartan-enhanced hypercholesterolaemic serum-induced vascular endothelial growth factor expression in immortalized human umbilical vascular endothelial cells. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2007;67:619-31 pubmed..Our study suggests that hypercholesterolaemic serum induces VEGF expression through PI3K in HUVECs and that telmisartan cooperates with hypercholesterolaemia in promoting VEGF expression. ..
- Yin X, Chen K, Allan A, Wu R, Zhang B, Lallu N, et al. Ethylene-induced modulation of genes associated with the ethylene signalling pathway in ripening kiwifruit. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2097-108 pubmed publisher..The ethylene-induced down-regulation of AdETR1 suggests that it may have a role in sensing ethylene and transmitting this response to other members of the receptor family, thus activating the signal transduction pathway. ..
- Liang Y, Xu R, Zhang L, Zhao X. Berbamine, a novel nuclear factor kappaB inhibitor, inhibits growth and induces apoptosis in human myeloma cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:1659-65 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that berbamine is a novel inhibitor of NF-kappaB activity with remarkable anti-myeloma efficacy. ..
- Zheng Z, Yang M, Zhang F, Yu J, Wang J, Ma L, et al. Gender-related difference of sevoflurane postconditioning in isolated rat hearts: focus on phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase/Akt signaling. J Surg Res. 2011;170:e3-9 pubmed publisher..The PI3K/Akt pathway may be involved in the cardioprotection by both sevoflurane postconditioning and gender. ..
- Yu L, Sun L, Wang M, Wang L, Wu Y, Yu J, et al. EphrinB-EphB Signaling Induces Hyperalgesia through ERK5/CREB Pathway in Rats. Pain Physician. 2017;20:E563-E574 pubmed..This study provides further understanding of the downstream mechanisms of ephrinB-EphB signaling and helps to explore new targets for treating pathological pain. ..
- Si Y, Ji X, Cao X, Dai X, Xu L, Zhao H, et al. Src Inhibits the Hippo Tumor Suppressor Pathway through Tyrosine Phosphorylation of Lats1. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4868-4880 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(18); 4868-80. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Yao K, Ye P, Tan J, Tang X, Shen Tu X. Involvement of PI3K/Akt pathway in TGF-beta2-mediated epithelial mesenchymal transition in human lens epithelial cells. Ophthalmic Res. 2008;40:69-76 pubmed publisher..TGF-beta(2) is a potent growth factor for LEC EMT. TGF-beta(2)-induced EMT in LECs is mediated by the downregulation of connexin 43, which is regulated through the PI3K/Akt pathway. ..
- Duan K, Yi K, Dang L, Huang H, Wu W, Wu P. Characterization of a sub-family of Arabidopsis genes with the SPX domain reveals their diverse functions in plant tolerance to phosphorus starvation. Plant J. 2008;54:965-75 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that both AtSPX1 and AtSPX3 play positive roles in plant adaptation to phosphate starvation, and AtSPX3 may have a negative feedback regulatory role in AtSPX1 response to phosphate starvation. ..
- Ma K, Zhang Y, Zhu D, Lou Y. Protective effects of asiatic acid against D-galactosamine/lipopolysaccharide-induced hepatotoxicity in hepatocytes and kupffer cells co-cultured system via redox-regulated leukotriene C4 synthase expression pathway. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;603:98-107 pubmed publisher..Taken together, asiatic acid can protect against D-GalN/LPS-induced hepatotoxicity partly via redox-regulated LTC(4)S expression pathway. ..
- Pan X, Chen F, Wu T, Tang H, Zhao Z. Prebiotic oligosaccharides change the concentrations of short-chain fatty acids and the microbial population of mouse bowel. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2009;10:258-63 pubmed publisher..05) by intake of oligosaccharides, especially FOS and GOS. Thus, providing these oligosaccharides as ingredients in nutritional formulas may benefit the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Zheng Y, An H, Yao M, Hou J, Yu Y, Feng G, et al. Scaffolding adaptor protein Gab1 is required for TLR3/4- and RIG-I-mediated production of proinflammatory cytokines and type I IFN in macrophages. J Immunol. 2010;184:6447-56 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Gab1 is needed for full activation of TLR3/4- and RIG-I-triggered innate responses by promoting activation of PI3K/Akt, MAPKs, and NF-kappaB pathways. ..
- Zhang L, Yang Y, Wang Y, Gao X. Astragalus membranaceus extract promotes neovascularisation by VEGF pathway in rat model of ischemic injury. Pharmazie. 2011;66:144-50 pubmed..The activation of AKT/GSK3beta and AKT/mTOR pathways and elevated expression of VEGF may contribute to the promoted neovascularisation by AME...
- Zhang L, Liu Q, Lu L, Zhao X, Gao X, Wang Y. Astragaloside IV stimulates angiogenesis and increases hypoxia-inducible factor-1? accumulation via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;338:485-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data collectively reveal that astragaloside IV is a novel regulator of HIF-1? and angiogenesis through the PI3K/Akt pathway in HUVECs that are exposed to hypoxia. ..
- Li B, Zhou J, Ye F, Cheng X, Zhou C, Lu W, et al. Reduced miR-100 expression in cervical cancer and precursors and its carcinogenic effect through targeting PLK1 protein. Eur J Cancer. 2011;47:2166-74 pubmed publisher..HR-HPV E6/E7 may not directly regulate miR-100 expression in cervical cells. ..
- Liu X, Gao H, Xu F, Lu J, Devenish R, Lin F. Autophagy vitalizes the pathogenicity of pathogenic fungi. Autophagy. 2012;8:1415-25 pubmed publisher..oryzae autophagy genes will lead to a better understanding of the role of autophagy in fungal pathogenesis and help in the development of new strategies for disease control...
- Miao H, Wei J, Zhao Y, Yan H, Sun B, Huang J, et al. Glucose signalling positively regulates aliphatic glucosinolate biosynthesis. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:1097-109 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that glucose-promoted aliphatic glucosinolate biosynthesis is regulated by HXK1- and/or RGS1-mediated signalling via transcription factors, MYB28, MYB29, and ABI5. ..
- Wen G, Zhang Y, Zhang X, Hu H, Zhang H, Cheng C, et al. Functional characterization of porcine LSm14A in IFN-? induction. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2013;155:110-6 pubmed publisher..Since pLSm14A is constitutively expressed in virtually all tissues, more research is needed to explore its role in initial phase of viral infections of pigs and its relationship with RIG-I in sensing PAMPs for type I IFN induction. ..
- Xu X, Yin L, Ying Q, Song H, Xue D, Lai T, et al. High-throughput sequencing and degradome analysis identify miRNAs and their targets involved in fruit senescence of Fragaria ananassa. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70959 pubmed publisher..The present study provided valuable information for understanding the quick senescence of strawberry fruit, and offered a foundation for studying the miRNA-mediated senescence of non-climacteric fruits...
- Xiao H, Cheng S, Tong R, Lv Z, Ding C, Du C, et al. BAG3 regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition and angiogenesis in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Lab Invest. 2014;94:252-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BAG3 is associated with the invasiveness and angiogenesis in HCC, and the BAG3 gene may be a novel therapeutic approach against HCC. ..
- Zhang X, Yao K, Ren L, Chen T, Yao D. Protective effect of Astragalus polysaccharide on endothelial progenitor cells injured by thrombin. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;82:711-8 pubmed publisher..We believed that APS may be used to treat and prevent EPC injury-related diseases. ..
- Gao G, Li Q, Shen H. Effect of Astragali-Cordyceps Mixtura on TGF-beta/Smad signal pathway in the lung of asthma airway remodeling. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;125:68-74 pubmed publisher..We try to find out the influence of traditional Chinese Medicine Astragali-Cordyceps Mixtura (ACM) on TGF-beta/Smad signal pathway in the lung of asthma airway remodeling...
- Huang Z, Zeng C, Zhu L, Jiang L, Li N, Hu H. Salvianolic acid A inhibits platelet activation and arterial thrombosis via inhibition of phosphoinositide 3-kinase. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:1383-93 pubmed publisher..01). SAA inhibits platelet activation via the inhibition of PI3K, and attenuates arterial thrombus formation in vivo. Our data suggest that SAA may be developed as a novel therapeutic agent for the prevention of thrombotic disorders. ..
- Zhang W, Zheng S. In vitro study of immunosuppressive effect of apoptotic cells. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2005;6:919-25 pubmed..These data suggest that apoptotic cells can alter the biological behavior of macrophages which gain immunosuppressive property. ..
- Cao Y, Li X, Zheng M. Capparis spinosa protects against oxidative stress in systemic sclerosis dermal fibroblasts. Arch Dermatol Res. 2010;302:349-55 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ECS exhibits a notable activity in protecting against oxidative stress and interrupting of ROS-ERK1/2-Ha-Ras signal loop in SSc, suggesting its potential protective effects against skin sclerosis...
- Ouyang J, Lou J, Yan C, Ren Z, Qiao H, Hong D. In-vitro promoted differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells towards hepatocytes induced by salidroside. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2010;62:530-8 pubmed publisher..The present study aimed to investigate whether salidroside can induce differentiation of rat mesenchymal stem cells (rMSCs) towards hepatocytes in vitro and the mechanism of hepatic differentiation of rMSCs...
- Liu T, Feng X. Regulation of TGF-beta signalling by protein phosphatases. Biochem J. 2010;430:191-8 pubmed publisher..The present article will review the current progress on the understanding of dynamic phosphorylation in TGF-beta signalling and the essential role of protein phosphatases in this process. ..
- Yao H, Xu W, Shi X, Zhang Z. Dietary flavonoids as cancer prevention agents. J Environ Sci Health C Environ Carcinog Ecotoxicol Rev. 2011;29:1-31 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes recent advancements on potential cancer preventive effects and mechanic insight of dietary flavonoids. ..
- Huang Y, Fu J, Shi H, Liu L. [Metformin prevents non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in rats: role of phospholipase A2/lysophosphatidylcholine lipoapoptosis pathway in hepatocytes]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2011;49:139-45 pubmed
- Yu C, Chai X, Yu L, Chen S, Zeng S. Identification of novel pregnane X receptor activators from traditional Chinese medicines. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;136:137-43 pubmed publisher..Therefore, caution should be taken when these PXR activators are used in combination with prescribed drugs metabolized by CYP3A4. ..
- Hu X, Wei L, Taylor T, Wei J, Zhou X, Wang J, et al. Hypoxic preconditioning enhances bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell migration via Kv2.1 channel and FAK activation. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011;301:C362-72 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel evidence that HP enhances the ability of BMSCs to migrate and home to the injured region; this effect is mediated through a regulatory role of Kv2.1 on FAK phosphorylation/activation. ..
- Hu Y, Huang M, Dong X, Xu Q, Yu W, Zhang Z. Ginkgolide B reduces neuronal cell apoptosis in the hemorrhagic rat brain: possible involvement of Toll-like receptor 4/nuclear factor-kappa B pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;137:1462-8 pubmed publisher..This study was to investigate the effects of intraperitoneal GB on neuronal cell apoptosis, inflammatory cytokines and Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)/nuclear factor kappa-B (NF-?B) pathway after ICH...
- Huang T, Xu D, Zhang X. Characterization of host microRNAs that respond to DNA virus infection in a crustacean. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:159 pubmed publisher..This will help to reveal the molecular events involved in virus-host interactions mediated by miRNAs and their evolution in animals. ..