Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Sheng, China
Locale: Hangzhou, Zhejiang Sheng, China
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- Song S, Tang P, Wei S, Chen X. Comparative and phylogenetic analysis of the mitochondrial genomes in basal hymenopterans. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20972 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analyses supported the paraphyly and basal position of Symphyta in Hymenoptera. The well-supported phylogenetic relationship in the study is Tenthredinoidea + (Cephoidea + (Orussoidea + Apocrita)). ..
- Wen L, Lai C, Yang Q, Chen J, Zhang Y, Ontiveros Valencia A, et al. Quantitative detection of selenate-reducing bacteria by real-time PCR targeting the selenate reductase gene. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2016;85:19-24 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated the feasibility of using the serA gene-based PCR primer set to detect and quantify SeRB in environmental samples. ..
- Gong Y, Xiang L, Shao J. CD154-CD40 interactions are essential for thymus-dependent antibody production in zebrafish: insights into the origin of costimulatory pathway in helper T cell-regulated adaptive immunity in early vertebrates. J Immunol. 2009;182:7749-62 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first evidence for the existence of the functional CD154-CD40-mediated costimulatory pathway and helper T cell regulatory mechanism underlying adaptive immunity in a fish species. ..
- Zhou Y, Yan X, Xu S, Zhu P, He X, Liu J. Family structure and phylogenetic analysis of odorant receptor genes in the large yellow croaker (Larimichthys crocea). BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:237 pubmed publisher..The different expression levels of OR genes of large yellow croaker may suggest varying roles of ORs in olfactory function...
- Zhang W, Chen J, Zhang H, Song F. Overexpression of a rice diacylglycerol kinase gene OsBIDK1 enhances disease resistance in transgenic tobacco. Mol Cells. 2008;26:258-64 pubmed..nicotianae. These results suggest that OsBIDK1 may play a role in disease resistance responses. ..
- Cui Z, Ding Z, Yang X, Wang K, Zhu T. Gene disruption and characterization of a class V chitin synthase in Botrytis cinerea. Can J Microbiol. 2009;55:1267-74 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Bcchs does not play an essential role in the synthesis of cell-wall chitin in B. cinerea. However, disruption of this gene provoked a compensatory mechanism regulating the cellular response to cell-wall damage...
- Xue Y, Xu S, Liu Z, Zheng Y, Shen Y. Enantioselective biocatalytic hydrolysis of (R,S)-mandelonitrile for production of (R)-(-)-mandelic acid by a newly isolated mutant strain. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;38:337-45 pubmed publisher..3 mmol h(-1) g(-1). The results showed that mutant strain A. faecalis ZJUTB10 was a new candidate for efficient R-MA production from (R,S)-mandelonitrile and could potentially be used in industrial production...
- Yang Y, Zhan L, Zhang W, Sun F, Wang W, Tian N, et al. RNA secondary structure in mutually exclusive splicing. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:159-68 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a broadly applicable mechanism to ensure mutually exclusive splicing. ..
- Dai Q, Liu X, Yao Y, Zhao F. Numerical characteristics of word frequencies and their application to dissimilarity measure for sequence comparison. J Theor Biol. 2011;276:174-80 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that the proposed measure extracting more information on the overlapping structures of the words improves the efficiency of sequence comparison. ..
- Wen Y, Wu X, Teng Y, Qian C, Zhan Z, Zhao Y, et al. Identification and analysis of the gene cluster involved in biosynthesis of paenibactin, a catecholate siderophore produced by Paenibacillus elgii B69. Environ Microbiol. 2011;13:2726-37 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings and published models for bacillibactin, we proposed models for paenibactin biosynthesis, ferric-paenibactin uptake and paenibactin-bounded iron release. ..
- Wang Y, Fan H, Huang H, Xue J, Wu W, Bao Y, et al. Chitin synthase 1 gene and its two alternative splicing variants from two sap-sucking insects, Nilaparvata lugens and Laodelphax striatellus (Hemiptera: Delphacidae). Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;42:637-46 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that N. lugens likely lacks CHS2 and CHS1 may be efficient target gene for RNAi-based N. lugens control...
- Zhang X, Fu L, Deng B, Liang Q, Zheng J, Sun J, et al. Bacillus subtilis SC02 supplementation causes alterations of the microbial diversity in grass carp water. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013;29:1645-53 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that the addition of the SC02 strain in water improves water quality, which may ultimately be a result of changes in microbial community diversity in grass carp cultures. ..
- Li J, Yu X, Pu X, Xie L, Sun Y, Xiao H, et al. Environmental connections of novel avian-origin H7N9 influenza virus infection and virus adaptation to the human. Sci China Life Sci. 2013;56:485-92 pubmed publisher..The significance of these substitutions needs further exploration, with both laboratory experiments and extensive field surveillance...
- Qi X, Chanderbali A, Wong G, Soltis D, Soltis P. Phylogeny and evolutionary history of glycogen synthase kinase 3/SHAGGY-like kinase genes in land plants. BMC Evol Biol. 2013;13:143 pubmed publisher..Expression data for seed plants indicate that the functions of GSK3 genes have also diversified during evolutionary time. ..
- Zhu Y, Wan Q, Yu B, Ge Y, Fang S. Patterns of genetic differentiation at MHC class I genes and microsatellites identify conservation units in the giant panda. BMC Evol Biol. 2013;13:227 pubmed publisher..We also recommended 3 possible AUs based on MHC loci: Qinling, Minshan-Qionglai, and Daxiangling-Xiaoxiangling-Liangshan. Furthermore, we recommend that a captive breeding program be considered for the Qinling panda population. ..
- Li X, Ojaghian M, Zhang J, Zhu S. A new species of Scopulariopsis and its synergistic effect on pathogenicity of Verticillium dahliae on cotton plants. Microbiol Res. 2017;201:12-20 pubmed publisher..However S. gossypii did not infect host with undamaged roots. Moreover, coinoculation with S. gossypii and V. dahliae significantly increased disease severity. ..
- Chen J, Lu Y, Shi Y, Adams M, Chen J. Complete nucleotide sequence of the genomic RNA of Narcissus yellow stripe virus from Chinese narcissus in Zhangzhou city, China. Arch Virol. 2006;151:1673-7 pubmed
- Fu F, Mao W, Shi K, Zhou Y, Asami T, Yu J. A role of brassinosteroids in early fruit development in cucumber. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2299-308 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, BR6ox1 and SMT transcripts, two genes involved in BR synthesis, exhibited feedback regulation. These results strongly suggest that BRs play an important role during early fruit development in cucumber...
- Zhou Y, Wei W, Wang X, Xu L, Lai R. Azospirillum palatum sp. nov., isolated from forest soil in Zhejiang province, China. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2009;55:1-7 pubmed..nov., is proposed. The type strain is ww 10(T) (=LMG 24444(T)=KCTC 13200(T)=CCTCC AB 207189(T)). ..
- Lin A, Xiang L, Wang Q, Dong W, Gong Y, Shao J. The DC-SIGN of zebrafish: insights into the existence of a CD209 homologue in a lower vertebrate and its involvement in adaptive immunity. J Immunol. 2009;183:7398-410 pubmed publisher..We hope that the present study will contribute to a better cross-species understanding of the evolutionary history of the DC-SIGN/CD209 family. ..
- Ye Q, He K, Wu S, Wan Q. Isolation of a 97-kb minimal essential MHC B locus from a new reverse-4D BAC library of the golden pheasant. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32154 pubmed publisher..The newly defined genomic structure of the golden pheasant MHC will give an insight into the evolutionary history of the avian MHC...
- Cao Y, Song F, Goodman R, Zheng Z. Molecular characterization of four rice genes encoding ethylene-responsive transcriptional factors and their expressions in response to biotic and abiotic stress. J Plant Physiol. 2006;163:1167-78 pubmed..These results suggest that OsBIERF proteins may participate in different signaling pathways that mediate disease resistance response and stress responses to abiotic factors. ..
- Fang W, Xiang L, Shao J, Wen Y, Chen S. Identification and characterization of an interleukin-15 homologue from Tetraodon nigroviridis. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;143:335-43 pubmed..In addition, our analysis on another annotated T. nigroviridis IL-15 demonstrated that it may be a paralogue of IL-15. To differentiate it from the known IL-15s, we described it as IL-15x. ..
- Song D, Chen J, Song F, Zheng Z. A novel rice MAPK gene, OsBIMK2, is involved in disease-resistance responses. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2006;8:587-96 pubmed..These results suggest that OSBIMK2 plays a role in disease resistance responses. ..
- Xu X, Wu Y, Wang C, Oren A, Zhou P, Wu M. Haloferax larsenii sp. nov., an extremely halophilic archaeon from a solar saltern. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:717-20 pubmed..Therefore the isolates should be classified as members of a novel species, for which the name Haloferax larsenii sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is ZJ206(T) (=CGMCC 1.5347(T)=JCM 13917(T))...
- Li D, Liu H, Zhang H, Wang X, Song F. OsBIRH1, a DEAD-box RNA helicase with functions in modulating defence responses against pathogen infection and oxidative stress. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2133-46 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that OsBIRH1 encodes a functional DEAD-box RNA helicase and plays important roles in defence responses against biotic and abiotic stresses...
- Tong Y, Zheng K, Zhao S, Xiao G, Luo C. Sequence divergence in the 3'-untranslated region has an effect on the subfunctionalization of duplicate genes. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2012;318:531-44 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that sequence divergence in the 3'-UTRs has a clear effect on subfunctionalization of the duplicate genes. ..
- Zhang K, Han W, Zhang R, Xu X, Pan Q, Hu X. Phenylobacterium zucineum sp. nov., a facultative intracellular bacterium isolated from a human erythroleukemia cell line K562. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2007;30:207-12 pubmed..On the basis of the phylogenetic and phenotypic characterization, strain HLK1(T) is proposed to be classified in the genus Phenylobacterium, as P. zucineum sp. nov. The type strain is HLK1(T) (=CGMCC 1.3786(T), DSM=18354)...
- Tang C, Mao J, Chai S, Chen Y, Zhuang F. Molecular evolution of hepatitis A virus in a human diploid cell line. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:4630-5 pubmed..The information obtained in this study may provide assistance in cultivating the next generation of a seed virus for live hepatitis A vaccine production. ..
- Luo Y, Xu X, Ding Z, Liu Z, Zhang B, Yan Z, et al. Complete genome of Phenylobacterium zucineum--a novel facultative intracellular bacterium isolated from human erythroleukemia cell line K562. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:386 pubmed publisher..Unlike the known intracellular pathogens, P. zucineum maintains a stable association with its host cell without affecting the growth and morphology of the latter...
- Guo X, Gui Y, Wang Y, Zhu Q, Helliwell C, Fan L. Selection and mutation on microRNA target sequences during rice evolution. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:454 pubmed publisher..Nucleotide mutations play a major role in the gain/loss of miRNA binding sites during evolution. ..
- Wang P, Zhang B, Li X, Xu C, Yin X, Shan L, et al. Ethylene signal transduction elements involved in chilling injury in non-climacteric loquat fruit. J Exp Bot. 2010;61:179-90 pubmed publisher..The genes were also differentially responsive to ethylene treatment, 1-methycyclopropene (1-MCP) and low temperature conditioning, confirming a role for ethylene in regulation of CI in loquat fruit...
- Liu Q, Zhu Z. Functional divergence of the NIP III subgroup proteins involved altered selective constraints and positive selection. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:256 pubmed publisher..These findings will expand our understanding to evolutionary mechanisms driving the functional diversification of monocot and dicot NIP III subgroup proteins...
- Yang L, Liu J, Liu M, Qian M, Zhang M, Hu H. Identification of fatty acid synthase from the Pacific white shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei and its specific expression profiles during white spot syndrome virus infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:744-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the increase of FAS expression is induced in WSSV-infected shrimps, and the virus changes the lipid metabolism of the host, which directly affects virus assembly or defense against virus infection. ..
- Zhu B, Lou M, Xie G, Wang G, Zhou Q, Wang F, et al. Enterobacter mori sp. nov., associated with bacterial wilt on Morus alba L. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2011;61:2769-74 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, it is proposed that the isolates represent a novel species of the genus Enterobacter, named Enterobacter mori sp. nov. The type strain is R18-2(T) ( = CGMCC 1.10322(T) = LMG 25706(T)). ..
- Zhang B, Cheng R, Wang X, Zhang C. The Genome of Pieris rapae Granulovirus. J Virol. 2012;86:9544 pubmed publisher..Of the predicted 120 open reading frames (ORFs), 32 genes specifically occurred in GVs, including four genes unique to PrGV (Pr9, Pr32, Pr53, and Pr117)...
- Hou C, Yang W. Acroframosome-dependent KIFC1 facilitates acrosome formation during spermatogenesis in the caridean shrimp Exopalaemon modestus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76065 pubmed publisher..modestus. In addition, this study may provide a model for studying the molecular mechanisms involved in spermatogenesis in other crustacean species and lead to a better understanding of the fertilization process in crustaceans. ..
- Teng Z, Xiong S, Xu G, Gan S, Chen X, Stanley D, et al. Protein Discovery: Combined Transcriptomic and Proteomic Analyses of Venom from the Endoparasitoid Cotesia chilonis (Hymenoptera: Braconidae). Toxins (Basel). 2017;9: pubmed publisher..These new data generate hypotheses and provide a platform for functional analysis of venom components. ..
- Jin J, Cui H, Gong X, Chen W, Xin Y. [Studies on tea plants (Camellia sinensis) germplasms using EST-SSR marker]. Yi Chuan. 2007;29:103-8 pubmed..55, all the tea varieties tested could be classified into 3 groups and most of them were in first group. The results of this study proved that the EST-SSR marker is very effective in evaluation of tea germplasms...
- He P, Nie Z, Chen J, Chen J, Lv Z, Sheng Q, et al. Identification and characteristics of microRNAs from Bombyx mori. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:248 pubmed publisher..Identification of miRNAs in B. mori, particularly those that are developmentally regulated, provides a foundation for subsequent functional studies. ..
- Wang C, Wang Y, Xu X, Zhang D, Wu Y, Wu M. Microbulbifer donghaiensis sp. nov., isolated from marine sediment of the East China Sea. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2009;59:545-9 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is CN85(T) (=CGMCC 1.7063(T) =JCM 15145(T)). ..
- Fan Y, Sun P, Wang Y, He X, Deng X, Chen X, et al. The G protein-coupled receptors in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;40:581-91 pubmed publisher..mori, which may be related to its long history of domestication. Moreover, the presence of many Bombyx-specific GPCRs suggests that neither Drosophila nor Anopheles is good representatives for the GPCRs in the Class Insecta. ..
- Wang P, Cai J, Ouyang Q, He J, Su H. Asymmetric biocatalytic reduction of 3,5-bis(trifluoromethyl) acetophenone to (1R)-[3,5-bis(trifluoromethyl)phenyl] ethanol using whole cells of newly isolated Leifsonia xyli HS0904. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;90:1897-904 pubmed publisher..4% of product ee and best yield of 62% were obtained, respectively. The results indicated that isolate L. xyli HS0904 is a novel potential biocatalyst for the production of (1R)-[3,5-bis(trifluoromethyl)phenyl] ethanol. ..
- Hai bo W, Chao tan G, Ru feng L, Li hua X, En kang W, Jin biao Y, et al. Characterization of a highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza virus isolated from ducks in Eastern China in 2011. Arch Virol. 2012;157:1131-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that continued H5N1 surveillance in poultry should be used as an early warning system for avian influenza outbreaks...
- Yang H, Zang Y, Yuan Y, Tang J, Chen X. Selectivity by host plants affects the distribution of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi: evidence from ITS rDNA sequence metadata. BMC Evol Biol. 2012;12:50 pubmed publisher..The effects of ecosystemic, biogeographical, continental and climatic factors on AMF distribution might be mediated by host plants. ..
- Chen A, He S, Li F, Li Z, Ding M, Liu Q, et al. Analyses of the sucrose synthase gene family in cotton: structure, phylogeny and expression patterns. BMC Plant Biol. 2012;12:85 pubmed publisher..The results presented in this work provide new insights into the evolutionary conservation and sub-functional divergence of the cotton Sus gene family in response to cotton fiber growth and development...
- Dai F, Nevo E, Wu D, Comadran J, Zhou M, Qiu L, et al. Tibet is one of the centers of domestication of cultivated barley. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16969-73 pubmed publisher..The current results may be highly significant in exploring the elite germplasm for barley breeding, especially against cold and drought stresses. ..
- Gong H, Chen X, Chen Y, Hu F, Zhang J, Lin Z, et al. Evidence of Apis cerana Sacbrood virus Infection in Apis mellifera. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:2256-62 pubmed publisher..63% in this study) and pathogenicity. This work will help explain the different susceptibilities ofA. cerana and A. melliferato sacbrood disease and is potentially useful for guiding beekeeping practices. ..
- Afonso C, Amarasinghe G, BÃ¡nyai K, BÃ o Y, Basler C, Bavari S, et al. Taxonomy of the order Mononegavirales: update 2016. Arch Virol. 2016;161:2351-60 pubmed publisher..This article presents the updated taxonomy of the order Mononegavirales as now accepted by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV). ..
- Liu J, Fan H, Wang Y, Zhang Y, Li D, Yu J, et al. Characterization of microRNAs of Beta macrocarpa and their responses to Beet necrotic yellow vein virus infection. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186500 pubmed publisher..This work is the first to describe miRNAs of the plant genus Beta and may offer a reference for miRNA research in other species in the genus. It provides valuable information on the pathogenicity mechanisms of BNYVV...
- Li Y, Yu J, Ye Q, Zhu Z, Guo Z. Expression of CycD3 is transiently increased by pollination and N-(2-chloro-4-pyridyl)-N'-phenylurea in ovaries of Lagenaria leucantha. J Exp Bot. 2003;54:1245-51 pubmed..Treating ovaries with CPPU also reactivated cell division and transcription of CycD3 genes and the effect was more rapid and pronounced than after pollination/fertilization. ..
- Zhang B, Chen K, Bowen J, Allan A, Espley R, Karunairetnam S, et al. Differential expression within the LOX gene family in ripening kiwifruit. J Exp Bot. 2006;57:3825-36 pubmed..The possible roles of individual LOX isoforms in kiwifruit are discussed...
- Chen Y, Chen J, Zhang H, Tang X, Du Z. Molecular evidence and sequence analysis of a natural reassortant between cucumber mosaic virus subgroup IA and II strains. Virus Genes. 2007;35:405-13 pubmed..The results of the restriction enzyme analysis proved that CMV-Tsh is the unique strain in the tomato plant. Taken together, CMV-Tsh is a natural reassortant having CMV subgroup IA RNA2 and subgroup II RNAs 1 and 3. ..
- Chen J, Zhang Y. [The research progress of one member of the EF-hand superfamily--troponin C]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2007;23:375-80 pubmed..We also introduced our work about silkworm troponin C briefly, hoping of making a little contribution to the research of invertebrate troponin C. ..
- Du Y, Chen S, Cheng L, Shen X, Tian Y, Li Y. Identification of a novel Streptomyces chattanoogensis L10 and enhancing its natamycin production by overexpressing positive regulator ScnRII. J Microbiol. 2009;47:506-13 pubmed publisher..The engineered S. chattanoogensis Dl, generated by inserting an additional copy of scnRII into the chromosome of strain L10, increased its natamycin production by 3.3 fold in YSG medium and 4.6 fold in YEME medium without sucrose. ..
- Hu J, Zhu L, Zeng D, Gao Z, Guo L, Fang Y, et al. Identification and characterization of NARROW AND ROLLED LEAF 1, a novel gene regulating leaf morphology and plant architecture in rice. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;73:283-92 pubmed publisher..In the mutant leaves, however, the expression level was lower than that in the wild-type. We conclude that OsCslD4 encoded by NRL1 plays a critical role in leaf morphogenesis and vegetative development in rice. ..
- Yao Y, Guan J, Tang P, Jiao H, Lin C, Wang J, et al. Assessment of toxicity of tetrahydrofuran on the microbial community in activated sludge. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:5213-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that THF is much more toxic than reported in the literature, indicating its acute toxicity to microorganisms. ..
- Xu J, Li W, Chen X, Zhou Y. Klebsiella alba sp. nov., a novel pesticide-tolerant bacterium from a heavily polluted environment. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2010;56:241-7 pubmed..nov. is proposed. The type strain is CW-D 3(T) (=LMG 24441(T)=KCTC 12878(T) =CCTCC AB 206144(T))...
- Chen Y, Gao F, Ye X, Wei S, Shi M, Zheng H, et al. Deep sequencing of Cotesia vestalis bracovirus reveals the complexity of a polydnavirus genome. Virology. 2011;414:42-50 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, we identified a putative helicase protein displaying similarity to human Pif1 helicase, which has never been reported for other PDVs. This finding will bring new insights in research of these special viruses...
- Liu S, Sun J, Cai J, Miao Z, Lu M, Qin S, et al. Epidemiological, clinical and viral characteristics of fatal cases of human avian influenza A (H7N9) virus in Zhejiang Province, China. J Infect. 2013;67:595-605 pubmed publisher..Age along with a history of smoking, chronic lung disease, immuno-suppressive disorders, chronic drug use and delayed Oseltamivir treatment are risk factors which might contribute to fatal outcome in human H7N9 infection. ..
- Xu C, Ding J, Qiu J, Ma Y. Biodegradation of acetochlor by a newly isolated Achromobacter sp. strain D-12. J Environ Sci Health B. 2013;48:960-6 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the strain D-12 could be applied in the bioremediation of an acetochlor-polluted environment. ..
- Zhu W, Lu H, Hill J, Guo X, Wang H, Wu W. ¹³C pulse-chase labeling comparative assessment of the active methanogenic archaeal community composition in the transgenic and nontransgenic parental rice rhizospheres. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2014;87:746-56 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the insertion of cry1Ab gene into the rice genome has the potential to result in the modification of methanogenic community composition in its rhizosphere. ..
- Lin X, Yao Y, Jin M, Li Q. Characterization of the Distal-less gene homologue, NlDll, in the brown planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens (Stål). Gene. 2014;535:112-8 pubmed publisher..In the future, NlDll could be used as a target gene for brown planthopper pest management in the field. ..
- Guo Z, Chen X, Wu X, Ling J, Xu P. Overexpression of the AP2/EREBP transcription factor OPBP1 enhances disease resistance and salt tolerance in tobacco. Plant Mol Biol. 2004;55:607-18 pubmed..They also exhibited increased tolerance to salt stress. These results suggest that OPBP1 might be a transcriptional regulator capable of regulating expression in sets of stress-related genes. ..
- Chen J, Zheng H, Shi Y, Adams M, Wei C, Lin L, et al. Detection and characterisation of a second potyvirus from Thunberg fritillary in China. Arch Virol. 2006;151:439-47 pubmed..This is sufficiently different for the new virus to be regarded as a distinct species, which we have tentatively named Fritillary virus Y. ..
- Jin H, Xiang L, Shao J. Identification and characterization of suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS-1) homologues in teleost fish. Immunogenetics. 2007;59:673-86 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of cloning and characterization of SOCS-1 complementary deoxyribonucleic acids and genes in fish...
- Chen N, Hu H, Zhang Z, Shuai J, Jiang L, Fang W. Genetic diversity of the envelope glycoprotein E2 of classical swine fever virus: recent isolates branched away from historical and vaccine strains. Vet Microbiol. 2008;127:286-99 pubmed..Our results suggest that recent isolates from southeastern China have shifted away from historical CSFV isolates including the vaccine strains probably as a result of their adaptive abilities to the selection forces within the host. ..
- Jin Y, Zhang W, Li Q. Origins and evolution of ADAR-mediated RNA editing. IUBMB Life. 2009;61:572-8 pubmed publisher..In some degree, increased ADAR-mediated gene regulation should substantially contribute to the emergence and evolution of complex metazoans, particularly the nervous system. ..
- Zhang X, Ying Y, Ye Y, Xu X, Zhu X, Wu M. Thermus arciformis sp. nov., a thermophilic species from a geothermal area. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2010;60:834-9 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is TH92(T) (=CGMCC 1.6992(T) =JCM 15153(T)). ..
- Chen N, Li D, Yuan X, Li X, Hu H, Zhu B, et al. Genetic characterization of E2 gene of classical swine fever virus by restriction fragment length polymorphism and phylogenetic analysis. Virus Genes. 2010;40:389-96 pubmed publisher..Combination of the RFLP schemes with sequence-based phylogenetic analysis could provide more detailed information on transmission of CSFV in the region or even its evolution...
- Dong F, Zhang X, Li Y, Wang J, Zhang S, Hu X, et al. Characterization of the endophytic antagonist pY11T-3-1 against bacterial soft rot of Pinellia ternata. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2010;50:611-7 pubmed publisher..With broad antagonistic spectrum and host selectivity, the antagonist pY11T-3-1 may provide a more environmental and economical alternative to the control of soil-borne disease on P. ternata, which needs further investigation. ..
- Shen C, Bai Y, Wang S, Zhang S, Wu Y, Chen M, et al. Expression profile of PIN, AUX/LAX and PGP auxin transporter gene families in Sorghum bicolor under phytohormone and abiotic stress. FEBS J. 2010;277:2954-69 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, most genes showed similar trends in expression under polar auxin transport inhibitors and each also responded to abscissic acid, salt and drought. This study provides new insights into the auxin transporters of sorghum. ..
- Zhang Q, Wang C, Tian J, Li K, Shou H. Identification of rice purple acid phosphatases related to phosphate starvation signalling. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2011;13:7-15 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the potential for developing technologies for crop improvement in phosphorus use efficiency. ..
- Chang C, Hu M, Zhu Z, Lo L, Chen J, Peng J. liver-enriched gene 1a and 1b encode novel secretory proteins essential for normal liver development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22910 pubmed publisher..Finally, we proved that Leg1 is a secretory protein. This intrigued us to propose that Leg1 might act as a novel secreted regulator that is essential for liver and other digestive organ development in zebrafish. ..
- Yun T, Zhang D, Ma X, Cao Z, Chen L, Ni Z, et al. Complete genome sequence of a novel flavivirus, duck tembusu virus, isolated from ducks and geese in china. J Virol. 2012;86:3406-7 pubmed publisher..It is flanked by a 5' and a 3' noncoding region (NCR) of 94 and 618 nt, respectively. Knowledge of the whole sequence of DTMUV will be useful for further studies of the mechanisms of virus replication and pathogenesis...
- Li X, Kang Y, Zhang X, Zhu B, Fang W. Identification of a heat shock cognate protein 70 gene in Chinese soft-shell turtle (Pelodiscus sinensis) and its expression profiles under thermal stress. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2012;13:465-77 pubmed publisher..Irrespective of different profiles of expression under heat stress, tHsc70 may play roles in protecting turtles from thermal stress. ..
- Zhao L, Zhu C, Gao Y, Wang C, Li X, Shu M, et al. Nicotine degradation enhancement by Pseudomonas stutzeri ZCJ during aging process of tobacco leaves. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;28:2077-86 pubmed publisher..24% after 7 days of solid-state fermentation by P. stutzeri ZCJ, suggesting the industrial application potential of the native strain to enhance nicotine degradation during the aging of tobacco leaves...
- Hu Y, Cai J, Zhou H, Chi D, Zhang X, Chen W, et al. Molecular typing of CTX-M-producing escherichia coli isolates from environmental water, swine feces, specimens from healthy humans, and human patients. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:5988-96 pubmed publisher..coli isolates collected from water, swine, and healthy and hospitalized humans, suggesting that pathogens in the environment might originate both from humans and from animals. ..
- Chen J, Mao L, Mi H, Lu W, Ying T, Luo Z. Involvement of three annexin genes in the ripening of strawberry fruit regulated by phytohormone and calcium signal transduction. Plant Cell Rep. 2016;35:733-43 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FaAnn5s and FaAnn8 might be involved in plant hormones' regulation in the development and ripening of strawberry fruit through calcium signaling in the downstream. ..
- Fu Y, Shi T, Xu L, Wei W, Lu F, Zhang X, et al. Identification of a novel Hemoplasma species from pigs in Zhejiang province, China. J Vet Med Sci. 2017;79:864-870 pubmed publisher..5% was positive for this novel hemoplasma species and 50% positive for M. suis/M. parvum, indicating that the novel hemotropic mycoplasma species were of considerably high prevalence in Zhejiang province, China. ..
- Amarasinghe G, Bao Y, Basler C, Bavari S, Beer M, Bejerman N, et al. Taxonomy of the order Mononegavirales: update 2017. Arch Virol. 2017;162:2493-2504 pubmed publisher..This article presents the updated taxonomy of the order Mononegavirales as now accepted by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV). ..
- Chen J, Shi N, Cheng Y, Diao A, Wilson T, Antoniw J, et al. Molecular analysis of barley yellow mosaic virus isolates from China. Virus Res. 1999;64:13-21 pubmed..However, molecular variations between isolates could not be linked to earlier results showing differences in cultivar response. ..