Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Sheng, China
Locale: Hangzhou, Zhejiang Sheng, China
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- Ni X, Sun J, Kong Q, Kong F, Brown M, Shen L, et al. Isolation of Laribacter hongkongensis from Little Egrets (Egretta garzetta) in Hangzhou, China. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2011;52:465-7 pubmed publisher..This study suggests the possibility that Little Egrets serve as mechanical carriers of L. hongkongensis, thus potentially transmitting the organism between bodies of water. ..
- Zhou Y, Chen X, Zhang Y, Wang W, Xu J. Description of Sinomonas soli sp. nov., reclassification of Arthrobacter echigonensis and Arthrobacter albidus (Ding et al. 2009) as Sinomonas echigonensis comb. nov. and Sinomonas albida comb. nov., respectively, and emended description of the genus. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2012;62:764-9 pubmed publisher..echigonensis and A. albidus should be reclassified as Sinomonas echigonensis comb. nov. and Sinomonas albida comb. nov., respectively. An emended description of the genus Sinomonas is given...
- Hu J, Xu N, Tan F, Wang D, Liu M, Yang W. Molecular characterization of a KIF3A-like kinesin gene in the testis of the Chinese fire-bellied newt Cynops orientalis. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:4207-14 pubmed publisher..The mRNA signal was still very strong along all the flagellum in late spermatid. In mature spermatid, the message was weak. Therefore, co-KIF3A probably plays a functional role in the spermiogenesis of C. orientalis. ..
- Dong H, Zhang L, Zheng K, Yao H, Chen J, Yu F, et al. A Gaijin-like miniature inverted repeat transposable element is mobilized in rice during cell differentiation. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:135 pubmed publisher..This newly identified active MITE will provide a foundation for further analysis of the roles of MITEs in biological process. ..
- Du Y, Dai Q, Zhang L, Qiu Y, Li J, Fu C. Development of microsatellite markers for the dove tree, Davidia involucrata (Nyssaceae), a rare endemic from China. Am J Bot. 2012;99:e206-9 pubmed publisher..Microsatellite primers were developed for the endangered Davidia involucrata to assess the population genetics and infer its evolutionary history...
- Niu X, Gao C, Jan Lo L, Luo Y, Meng C, Hong J, et al. Sec13 safeguards the integrity of the endoplasmic reticulum and organogenesis of the digestive system in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;367:197-207 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first direct genetic evidence that COPII function is essential for the organogenesis of the digestive system...
- Xu T, Wang B, Wang L, Zhang Y, Lv Z. Pinellia ternata agglutinin produced in Bombyx mori cells exhibits bioactivity. Acta Biochim Pol. 2012;59:231-6 pubmed..The results of the current study suggest that PTA and other important bioactive proteins could be produced by silkworm bioreactor for biomedicine research and application. ..
- Bing X, Yang J, Zchori Fein E, Wang X, Liu S. Characterization of a newly discovered symbiont of the whitefly Bemisia tabaci (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae). Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:569-75 pubmed publisher..Portiera aleyrodidarum" and OLO. Based on these results, we propose "Candidatus Hemipteriphilus asiaticus" for the classification of this symbiont from B. tabaci. ..
- Zhou Y, Lin X, Zhang Y, Huang Y, Zhang C, Yang Q, et al. Identification and biochemical characterization of Laodelphax striatellus neutral ceramidase. Insect Mol Biol. 2013;22:366-75 pubmed publisher..striatellus. These results suggest that LsnCer is a bona fide?nCDase that may have a role in adaption of L.?striatellus to environmental stresses...
- Xiao F, Zhang W, Chen L, Chen F, Xie H, Xing C, et al. MicroRNA-503 inhibits the G1/S transition by downregulating cyclin D3 and E2F3 in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Transl Med. 2013;11:195 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight an important role for miR-503 in cell cycle regulation and in the molecular etiology of HCC, and implicate the potential application of miR-503 in prognosis prediction and miRNA-based HCC therapy. ..
- Kondo H, Maruyama K, Chiba S, Andika I, Suzuki N. Transcriptional mapping of the messenger and leader RNAs of orchid fleck virus, a bisegmented negative-strand RNA virus. Virology. 2014;452-453:166-74 pubmed publisher..The similarity in the transcriptional strategy between this bipartite OFV and monopartite rhabdoviruses, especially nucleorhabdoviruses (family Rhabdoviridae) is additional support for their close relationship. ..
- Zheng B, Jiang X, Xu Z, Fang Y, Li L. Characterization of a novel metallo-Î²-lactamases fold hydrolase from Pelagibacterium halotolerans, a marine halotolerant bacterium isolated from East China Sea. Extremophiles. 2016;20:37-44 pubmed publisher..The enzyme activity of PH-1 was negatively affected by 1Â mM Mn(2+) and EDTA. These observations lay a foundation for further study of MBLs from marine bacterium. ..
- Kuang G, Liang L, Brown C, Wang Q, Bulone V, Tu Y. Insight into the adsorption profiles of the Saprolegnia monoica chitin synthase MIT domain on POPA and POPC membranes by molecular dynamics simulation studies. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:5281-90 pubmed publisher..The present study provides insight into the adsorption profile of SmChs1 and additionally has the potential to improve our understanding of other proteins containing MIT domains. ..
- Zhu X, Dai Z, Liu J, Yang W. Actin gene in prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergii: characteristics and differential tissue expression during embryonic development. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;140:599-605 pubmed..Expression of the Mar-actin gene varied during embryonic development and reached the maximal level at the zoea stage. This is the first report describing the complete sequence and expression pattern of the actin gene in prawns...
- Guan C, Zhou X. Phloem specific promoter from a satellite associated with a DNA virus. Virus Res. 2006;115:150-7 pubmed..Further studies have indicated that a 173 nt segment from 3'-end of the 955 nt fragment was responsible for basic promoter activity and phloem-specific expression. ..
- Zhang L, Xie G. Diversity and distribution of Burkholderia cepacia complex in the rhizosphere of rice and maize. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2007;266:231-5 pubmed..In addition, one isolate (R456) formed a single discrete cluster within the phylogenetic analysis of the Bcc recA gene, and it may belong to a new genomovar. ..
- Liu H, Wang X, Zhang H, Yang Y, Ge X, Song F. A rice serine carboxypeptidase-like gene OsBISCPL1 is involved in regulation of defense responses against biotic and oxidative stress. Gene. 2008;420:57-65 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the OsBISCPL1 may be involved in regulation of defense responses against pathogen infection and oxidative stress. ..
- Pan J, Ye R, Wang H, Xiang H, Zhang W, Yu X, et al. Vibrio cholerae O139 multiple-drug resistance mediated by Yersinia pestis pIP1202-like conjugative plasmids. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:3829-36 pubmed publisher..Careful tracking of these plasmids in the microbial ecosystem is warranted...
- Xu Y, Ye Z, Niu C, Bao Y, Wang W, Shen W, et al. Comparative analysis of the genomes of Bombyx mandarina and Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedroviruses. J Microbiol. 2010;48:102-10 pubmed publisher..The sequence strongly suggested that BomaNPV and BmNPV are variants with each other, and supported the idea that baculovirus strain heterogeneity may often be caused by variation in the hrs and bro genes...
- Dong H, Liu Z, Zheng Y, Shen Y. Novel biosynthesis of (R)-ethyl-3-hydroxyglutarate with (R)-enantioselective hydrolysis of racemic ethyl 4-cyano-3-hydroxybutyate by Rhodococcus erythropolis. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;87:1335-45 pubmed publisher..The apparent Michaelis constant K(m) and maximum rate Vmax for this biocatalytic reaction were 0.01 M and 85.6 micromol min(-1)g(-1), respectively...
- Zhang M, Senoura T, Yang X, Nishizawa N. Functional analysis of metal tolerance proteins isolated from Zn/Cd hyperaccumulating ecotype and non-hyperaccumulating ecotype of Sedum alfredii Hance. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2604-9 pubmed publisher..The transcript level of SaMTP1 in shoot was up-regulated 1-fold by Zn(2+) while the expression of SnMTP1 was slightly inhibited. These data suggest that SaMTP1 can play an important role in Zn accumulation in HE plants...
- Tan C, Jin Y, Xu H, Zhang C, Zhang H, Zhang W, et al. [Correlation between RARbeta gene promoter methylation and P53 gene mutations in non-small cell lung cancer]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2012;29:131-6 pubmed publisher..480, 95%CI: 1.400-21.446) or patients with advanced tumors (OR=3.446, 95%CI: 1.054-11.267) after adjusting for age and sex. RARbeta methylation is associated with G:C>T:A mutations in P53 gene in NSCLC. ..
- Li Y, Hsin J, Zhao L, Cheng Y, Shang W, Huang K, et al. FtsZ protofilaments use a hinge-opening mechanism for constrictive force generation. Science. 2013;341:392-5 pubmed publisher..The protofilament curvature highlights a hydrolysis-dependent conformational switch at the T3 loop that leads to longitudinal bending between subunits, which could generate sufficient force to drive cytokinesis...
- Jiang P, Jin X, Peng Y, Wang M, Liu H, Liu X, et al. The exome sequencing identified the mutation in YARS2 encoding the mitochondrial tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase as a nuclear modifier for the phenotypic manifestation of Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy-associated mitochondrial DNA mutation. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:584-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings provided new insights into the pathophysiology of LHON that were manifested by interaction between mtDNA mutation and mutated nuclear-modifier YARS2. ..
- Li J, Chu X, Guo X, Xu N. Radiation hybrid mapping of skeletal muscle calcium channel genes CACNB1 and CACNG1 to porcine chromosome 12 and CACNA2D1 to porcine chromosome 9. Anim Genet. 2005;36:358-9 pubmed
- Yang L, Zhao Y, Zhang B, Yang C, Zhang X. Isolation and characterization of a chlorpyrifos and 3,5,6-trichloro-2-pyridinol degrading bacterium. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;251:67-73 pubmed..Different degradation rates of chlorpyrifos in six types of treated soils suggested that soils used for cabbage growing in combination with inoculation of strain DSP3 showed enhanced microbial degradation of chlorpyrifos. ..
- Zhou L, Lai Z, Lu M, Gong X, Xie Y. Expression and hydroxylamine cleavage of thymosin alpha 1 concatemer. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2008;2008:736060 pubmed publisher..This study provides a description of the preparation of a bioactive Talpha1, which may prove useful in future biomedical research...
- Zhu J, Ye G, Fang Q, Wu M, Hu C. A pathogenic picorna-like virus from the endoparasitoid wasp, Pteromalus puparum: initial discovery and partial genomic characterization. Virus Res. 2008;138:144-9 pubmed publisher..puparum. ..
- Yang J, Huo Y, Xu X, Meng F, Wu M, Wang C. Oceanobacillus neutriphilus sp. nov., isolated from activated sludge in a bioreactor. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2010;60:2409-14 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed. The type strain is A1g(T) (=CGMCC 1.7693(T) =JCM 15776(T)). ..
- Xue Y, Xu S, Liu Z, Zheng Y, Shen Y. Enantioselective biocatalytic hydrolysis of (R,S)-mandelonitrile for production of (R)-(-)-mandelic acid by a newly isolated mutant strain. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;38:337-45 pubmed publisher..3 mmol h(-1) g(-1). The results showed that mutant strain A. faecalis ZJUTB10 was a new candidate for efficient R-MA production from (R,S)-mandelonitrile and could potentially be used in industrial production...
- Fan Y, Sun P, Wang Y, He X, Deng X, Chen X, et al. The G protein-coupled receptors in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;40:581-91 pubmed publisher..mori, which may be related to its long history of domestication. Moreover, the presence of many Bombyx-specific GPCRs suggests that neither Drosophila nor Anopheles is good representatives for the GPCRs in the Class Insecta. ..
- Zhang M, Senoura T, Yang X, Chao Y, Nishizawa N. Lhcb2 gene expression analysis in two ecotypes of Sedum alfredii subjected to Zn/Cd treatments with functional analysis of SaLhcb2 isolated from a Zn/Cd hyperaccumulator. Biotechnol Lett. 2011;33:1865-71 pubmed publisher..Four transgenic tobacco lines (L5, L7, L10 and L11) possessed higher shoot biomass than WT plants with Cd(2+). Four transgenic lines (L7, L8, L10 and L11) accumulated 6-35% higher Cd(2+) amounts in shoots than the wild type plants...
- Jin Y, Yang Y, Zhang P. New insights into RNA secondary structure in the alternative splicing of pre-mRNAs. RNA Biol. 2011;8:450-7 pubmed..g., Dscam splicing). Here we review several recent discoveries related to the role of RNA secondary structure in alternative splicing and the underlying mechanisms. ..
- Zheng X, Hu C, Spooner D, Liu J, Cao J, Teng Y. Molecular evolution of Adh and LEAFY and the phylogenetic utility of their introns in Pyrus (Rosaceae). BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:255 pubmed publisher..Among all investigated orthologs, LFY2int2-N is the best nuclear marker for phylogenetic reconstruction of Pyrus due to suitable sequence divergence and the absence of lineage sorting. ..
- Wang C, Huang W, Ying Y, Li S, Secco D, Tyerman S, et al. Functional characterization of the rice SPX-MFS family reveals a key role of OsSPX-MFS1 in controlling phosphate homeostasis in leaves. New Phytol. 2012;196:139-48 pubmed publisher..In addition, studies in yeast revealed that OsSPX-MFS1 may be involved in Pi transport. • The results suggest that OsSPX-MFS1 is a key player in maintaining Pi homeostasis in the leaves, potentially acting as a Pi transporter. ..
- Xue J, Zhang X, Xu H, Fan H, Huang H, Ma X, et al. Molecular characterization of the flightin gene in the wing-dimorphic planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens, and its evolution in Pancrustacea. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;43:433-43 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate the functional variations of flightin in insects and other arthropod species and provide clues as to how insects with flight apparatuses evolved from ancient pancrustaceans...
- Luo Y, Ye J, Jin D, Ding G, Zhang Z, Mei L, et al. Molecular analysis of non-O1/non-O139 Vibrio cholerae isolated from hospitalised patients in China. BMC Microbiol. 2013;13:52 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine the genetic diversity of non-O1/non-O139 V. cholerae isolates from hospitalised diarrhoeal patients in Zhejiang Province, China...
- Zhang J, Liu Y, Zhang X, Pan J, Nie Z, Zhang W, et al. The identification of microRNAs in the whitespotted bamboo shark (Chiloscyllium plagiosum) liver by Illumina sequencing. Gene. 2013;527:259-65 pubmed publisher..This study resulted in the addition of a significant number of novel miRNA sequences to GenBank and laid the foundation for further understanding of the function of miRNAs in the regulation of C. plagiosum liver development. ..
- Zhang W, Huo Y, Zhang X, Zhu X, Wu M. Halolamina salifodinae sp. nov. and Halolamina salina sp. nov., two extremely halophilic archaea isolated from a salt mine. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2013;63:4380-5 pubmed publisher..nov. (type strain WSY15-H1(T)?=?JCM 18548(T)?=?GCMCC 1.12371(T)) and Halolamina salina sp. nov. (type strain WSY15-H3(T)?=?JCM 18549(T)?=?GCMCC 1.12285(T)). ..
- Qi H, Zhao K, Xu F, Zhang X, Zhang Z, Yang L, et al. HIV-1 diversity, drug-resistant mutations, and viral evolution among high-risk individuals in phase II HIV vaccine trial sites in southern China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68656 pubmed publisher..Unique drug-resistant mutations were also detected, and our data indicate that HIV treatment programs should consider pre-existing drug-resistant mutations. ..
- Zhou X, Xie Y, Zhang Z, Qi Y, Wu J. Molecular characterization of a novel defective DNA isolated from tobacco tissues infected with tobacco leaf curl virus. Acta Virol. 2001;45:45-50 pubmed..It was transmitted, along with full-length DNA-A, to tobacco plants by grafting and whitefly (Bemisia tabaci). ..
- Qu Z, Zheng S, Gu H, Shi B. [Mapping the interaction site of Rpb2 and Rpb3 subunit of fission yeast RNA polymerase II]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2001;41:592-7 pubmed..DNA sequencing and alignment results showed that the interacting site of Rpb2 to Rpb3 located within the fragment from base 2701 to 2966 of Rpb2 cDNA, or within the C-termini polypeptide from amino acid 902 to 989 of Rpb2 protein. ..
- Huang J, Zhou X, Cai J, Li G. Molecular characterization of a new begomovirus infecting Senecio scandens in China. Acta Virol. 2005;49:211-5 pubmed..4%) with that of Ageratum leaf curl virus among begomoviruses. The molecular data suggest that the isolate G46 is a new begomovirus (species), for which the name Senecio yellow mosaic virus (Senecio yellow mosaic virus) is proposed. ..
- Zheng H, Chen J, Adams M, Chen J. Complete nucleotide sequence and affinities of the genomic RNA of Narcissus common latent virus (genus Carlavirus). Arch Virol. 2006;151:1667-72 pubmed publisher..These relationships were confirmed by a phylogenetic analysis using a composite nucleotide alignment of all the open reading frames...
- Jin H, Shao J, Xiang L. Identification and characterization of suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS-3) homologues in teleost fish. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:1042-51 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that SOCS-3s in fish may be involved in inflammatory responses. This is the first report of cloning and characterization of SOCS-3 cDNAs and genes in fish...
- Chen J, Lu Y, Shi Y, Adams M, Chen J. Complete nucleotide sequence of the genomic RNA of Narcissus yellow stripe virus from Chinese narcissus in Zhangzhou city, China. Arch Virol. 2006;151:1673-7 pubmed
- Xu X, Zhu F, Hong X, Wu J, Ma K, Fu Q, et al. [FUT3 gene polymorphism associated with Lewis blood group in Chinese Zhejiang population]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2006;14:601-4 pubmed..In conclusion, the polymorphism of non-functional FUT3 allele was found to be relatively variable in Chinese Zhejiang population. ..
- Zhang B, Chen K, Bowen J, Allan A, Espley R, Karunairetnam S, et al. Differential expression within the LOX gene family in ripening kiwifruit. J Exp Bot. 2006;57:3825-36 pubmed..The possible roles of individual LOX isoforms in kiwifruit are discussed...
- Zang N, Tang D, Wei M, He Y, Chen B, Feng J, et al. Requirement of a mip-like gene for virulence in the phytopathogenic bacterium Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2007;20:21-30 pubmed..campestris, were significantly decreased in the mip-like mutant. These results reveal that the mip-like gene is involved in the pathogenesis of X. campestris pv. campestris through an effect on the production of these virulence factors. ..
- Shi M, Chen Y, Huang F, Liu P, Zhou X, Chen X. Characterization of a novel gene encoding ankyrin repeat domain from Cotesia vestalis polydnavirus (CvBV). Virology. 2008;375:374-82 pubmed publisher..The protein was confirmed to be present within the nuclear region in hemocytes of the parasitized P. xylostella larvae at 48 h p.p. using confocal laser scanning microscopy. ..
- Tian B, Sun Z, Xu Z, Shen S, Wang H, Hua Y. Carotenoid 3',4'-desaturase is involved in carotenoid biosynthesis in the radioresistant bacterium Deinococcus radiodurans. Microbiology. 2008;154:3697-706 pubmed publisher..The lack of CrtD decreased the antioxidant capacity of the mutant deficient in dr2250 compared with the wild-type, indicating that the C-3',4'-desaturation step contributes to the antioxidant capacity of deinoxanthin in D. radiodurans. ..
- Xu X, Hong X, Liu Y, Zhu F, Lv H, Yan L. [A novel M142T mutation in the B glycosyltransferase gene associated with B3 variant in Chinese]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2009;26:254-7 pubmed publisher..This substitution resulted in an amino acid change of M142T in the B glycosyltransferase. A novel B allele with 425T>C substitution resulting in B3 subgroup was identified in two Chinese individuals. ..
- Wu L, Wu X. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of a beta-thymosin homologue from a gastropod abalone, Haliotis diversicolor supertexta. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:379-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that ab-TMSB is a beta-thymosin homologue and may be involved in the immune response of abalone H. diversicolor supertexta. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang M, Zheng C, Liu J, Hu H. Identification of two hsp90 genes from the marine crab, Portunus trituberculatus and their specific expression profiles under different environmental conditions. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2009;150:465-73 pubmed publisher..These results suggested there were at least two Hsp90s in P. trituberculatus, which played differing roles in physiological and stressful conditions. ..
- Yuan Z, Zhang C, Lin F, Kubicek C. Identity, diversity, and molecular phylogeny of the endophytic mycobiota in the roots of rare wild rice (Oryza granulate) from a nature reserve in Yunnan, China. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:1642-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate a complex and rich endophytic fungal consortium in wild rice roots, thus offering a potential bioresource for establishing a novel model of plant-fungal mutualistic interactions. ..
- Ren Y, Han Z, Chu X, Zhang J, Cai Z, Wu Y. Simultaneous determination of bovine alpha-lactalbumin and beta-lactoglobulin in infant formulae by ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. Anal Chim Acta. 2010;667:96-102 pubmed publisher..7%). It was shown to be a suitable method for simultaneous determination of the major whey proteins in biological samples. Current validated method was successfully applied to the nutrient investigation of infant formulae. ..
- Yao H, Gao Y, Nicol G, Campbell C, Prosser J, Zhang L, et al. Links between ammonia oxidizer community structure, abundance, and nitrification potential in acidic soils. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:4618-25 pubmed publisher..Specific AOA and AOB populations dominated in soils at particular pH values and N content, suggesting adaptation to specific niches. ..
- Xia L, Ruppert M, Wang M, Panjikar S, Lin H, Rajendran C, et al. Structures of alkaloid biosynthetic glucosidases decode substrate specificity. ACS Chem Biol. 2012;7:226-34 pubmed publisher..3D structures, supported by site-directed mutations and kinetic data of RG and SG, provide a structural and catalytic explanation of substrate specificity and deeper insights into O-glucosidase chemistry. ..
- Kong Q, Lu S, Tong Q, Lou D, Chen R, Zheng B, et al. Loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP): early detection of Toxoplasma gondii infection in mice. Parasit Vectors. 2012;5:2 pubmed publisher..Due to its simplicity, sensitivity and cost-effectiveness for common use, we suggest that this assay should be used as an early diagnostic tool for health control of toxoplasmosis. ..
- Qiu J, Ma Y, Wen Y, Chen L, Wu L, Liu W. Functional identification of two novel genes from Pseudomonas sp. strain HZN6 involved in the catabolism of nicotine. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:2154-60 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel insight into the nicotine-degrading mechanism at the genetic level in Pseudomonas spp. ..
- Huang C, Hu G, Li F, Li Y, Wu J, Zhou X. NbPHAN, a MYB transcriptional factor, regulates leaf development and affects drought tolerance in Nicotiana benthamiana. Physiol Plant. 2013;149:297-309 pubmed publisher..Our results provide strong evidence that other than controlling leaf development, the ARP genes can also regulate plant tolerance to drought stress. ..
- Mao X, Sun Z, Liang B, Wang Z, Feng W, Huang F, et al. Positive feedback regulation of stgR expression for secondary metabolism in Streptomyces coelicolor. J Bacteriol. 2013;195:2072-8 pubmed publisher..coelicolor. Thus, our results suggested a positive feedback regulatory mechanism of stgR expression and antibiotic production for the rapid and irreversible development of secondary metabolism in Streptomyces. ..
- Liu Z, Mao S, Pu J, Ding Y, Zhang B, Ding M. A novel missense mutation in the FERM domain containing 7 (FRMD7) gene causing X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus in a Chinese family. Mol Vis. 2013;19:1834-40 pubmed..05). Taken together, our data strongly support the hypothesis that the identified FRMD7 mutant influences GTPase Rac1 signaling, which regulates neurite development. This mutation may be related to the pathogenesis of X-linked ICN. ..
- Liu J, Zhang X, Chi F, Pan J, Sun C, Wu M. Gemmobacter megaterium sp. nov., isolated from coastal planktonic seaweeds. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2014;64:66-71 pubmed publisher..11024(T)?=?JCM 18498(T)) is considered to represent a novel species of the genus Gemmobacter, for which the name Gemmobacter megaterium sp. nov. is proposed. ..
- Li J, Zhang C, Shen L, Tang Z, Cheng J. Expression and regulation of phospholipase A2 in venom gland of the chinese honeybee, Apis cerana cerana. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2005;60:1-12 pubmed..Different post-translational modifications were found among different individuals in A. cerana when compared to A. mellifera. ..
- Zhang Y, Chen J, Lv Z, Nie Z, Zhang X, Wu X. Can 29kDa rhGM-CSF expressed by silkworm pupae bioreactor bring into effect as active cytokine through orally administration?. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2006;28:212-23 pubmed..These results proved that BmrhGM-CSF, a 29kDa glycoprotein expressed by Silkworm pupae bioreactor, could bring into the effect as active cytokine through oral administration. ..
- Chen J, Shi Y, Adams M, Zheng H, Qin B, Chen J. Characterisation of an isolate of Narcissus degeneration virus from Chinese narcissus (Narcissus tazetta var. chinensis). Arch Virol. 2007;152:441-8 pubmed..Sequence comparisons and phylogenetic analysis showed that the Chinese virus was different from all previously sequenced potyviruses but distantly related to onion yellow dwarf and shallot yellow stripe viruses...
- Cao Y, Li J, Ji C, Xu X, Wu M. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel splice variant of human ZNF300 gene, which expressed highly in testis. DNA Seq. 2007;18:312-5 pubmed..ZNF300-B gene is mapped to chromosome 5q32-5q33 with seven exons. Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) analysis showed that ZNF300-B and ZNF-300 were expressed highly in human testis. ..
- Du Z, Chen F, Liao Q, Zhang H, Chen Y, Chen J. 2b ORFs encoded by subgroup IB strains of cucumber mosaic virus induce differential virulence on Nicotiana species. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:2596-604 pubmed..Through analysis of encapsidation of viral RNAs, there was an apparent correlation between the virulence and the high level of encapsidated RNA 2 in virions of Fny-CMV, FCb7(2b)-CMV and FNa(2b)-CMV...
- Sun L, Ruppert M, Sheludko Y, Warzecha H, Zhao Y, Stockigt J. Purification, cloning, functional expression and characterization of perakine reductase: the first example from the AKR enzyme family, extending the alkaloidal network of the plant Rauvolfia. Plant Mol Biol. 2008;67:455-67 pubmed publisher..In addition to a new esterase, PR significantly extends the Rauvolfia alkaloid network to the novel group of peraksine alkaloids. ..
- Huo Y, Xu X, Cui H, Wu M. Gracilibacillus ureilyticus sp. nov., a halotolerant bacterium from a saline-alkaline soil. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2010;60:1383-6 pubmed publisher..nov. (type strain MF38(T) =CGMCC 1.7727(T) =JCM 15711(T)) is proposed...
- Huang L, Ye Y, Zhang Y, Zhang A, Liu T, Cao J. BcMF9, a novel polygalacturonase gene, is required for both Brassica campestris intine and exine formation. Ann Bot. 2009;104:1339-51 pubmed publisher..BcMF9 might also play a role in intine formation, possibly via regulation of the dynamic metabolism of pectin. ..
- Xu X, Huo Y, Wang C, Oren A, Cui H, Vedler E, et al. Pelagibacterium halotolerans gen. nov., sp. nov. and Pelagibacterium luteolum sp. nov., novel members of the family Hyphomicrobiaceae. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2011;61:1817-22 pubmed publisher..nov., sp. nov. (the type species; type strain B2(T) ?=?CGMCC 1.7692(T) ?=?JCM 15775(T)) and Pelagibacterium luteolum sp. nov. (type strain 1_C16_27(T) ?=?CGMCC 1.10267(T) ?= JCM 16552(T) ?= CELMS EEUT 1C1627(T)) are proposed...
- Zhang X, Wei Y, Ma Y, Hu S, Li J. Identification of aromatic amino acid residues in conserved region VI of the large polymerase of vesicular stomatitis virus is essential for both guanine-N-7 and ribose 2'-O methyltransferases. Virology. 2010;408:241-52 pubmed publisher..In combination with the structural prediction, our results suggest that these aromatic residues may participate in RNA recognition. ..
- Zhu B, Lou M, Xie G, Wang G, Zhou Q, Wang F, et al. Enterobacter mori sp. nov., associated with bacterial wilt on Morus alba L. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2011;61:2769-74 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, it is proposed that the isolates represent a novel species of the genus Enterobacter, named Enterobacter mori sp. nov. The type strain is R18-2(T) ( = CGMCC 1.10322(T) = LMG 25706(T)). ..
- Sun X, Wang J, Feng D, Ma Z, Li H. PdCYP51B, a new putative sterol 14?-demethylase gene of Penicillium digitatum involved in resistance to imazalil and other fungicides inhibiting ergosterol synthesis. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;91:1107-19 pubmed publisher..digitatum. ..
- Xu Y, Intra J, Zhang C, Pasini M. Recombinant expression of Drosophila melanogaster ?-L-fucosidase in Trichoplusia ni cells. J Insect Physiol. 2011;57:1205-11 pubmed publisher..melanogaster eggshell, confirming that the ?-l-fucosidase is a good candidate as receptor involved in gamete interactions in fruit fly. ..
- Zhang R, Sun Q, Hu Y, Yu H, Li Y, Shen Q, et al. Detection of the Smqnr quinolone protection gene and its prevalence in clinical isolates of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia in China. J Med Microbiol. 2012;61:535-9 pubmed publisher..Both the known and the novel Smqnr genes were discovered in both quinolone non-sensitive and sensitive isolates with similar frequency, suggesting that the Smqnr gene makes little contribution to quinolone resistance in this organism. ..
- Xie X, Li F, Ying S, Feng M. Additive contributions of two manganese-cored superoxide dismutases (MnSODs) to antioxidation, UV tolerance and virulence of Beauveria bassiana. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30298 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight for the first time that the two MnSODs co-contribute to the biocontrol potential of B. bassiana by mediating cellular antioxidative response. ..
- Sun H, Li M, Xu G, Chen H, Jiao J, Tian B, et al. Regulation of MntH by a dual Mn(II)- and Fe(II)-dependent transcriptional repressor (DR2539) in Deinococcus radiodurans. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35057 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that D. radiodurans has evolved a very efficient manganese regulation mechanism that involves its high intracellular Mn/Fe ratio and permits resistance to extreme conditions...
- Zhang W, Fang M, Zhang W, Xiao C, Zhang X, Yu Z, et al. Extensimonas vulgaris gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Comamonadaceae. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2013;63:2062-8 pubmed publisher..nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain of Extensimonas vulgaris is S4(T) (=CGMCC 1.10977(T)=JCM 17803(T)). ..
- Ye W, Ye S, Liu J, Chang S, Chen M, Zhu B, et al. Genome sequence of the pathogenic Herbaspirillum seropedicae strain Os34, isolated from rice roots. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:6993-4 pubmed publisher..The draft genome sequence of strain Os34 presented here allows in-depth comparative genome analyses to understand the specific mechanisms of beneficial and pathogenic Herbaspirillum-plant interactions...
- Zhang B, Yang B, Zhai C, Jiang B, Wu Y. The role of exendin-4-conjugated superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles in beta-cell-targeted MRI. Biomaterials. 2013;34:5843-52 pubmed publisher..Toxicity assessments demonstrated good biocompatibility in vivo. These results suggest that SPIO-exendin4 has potential as molecularly targeted imaging agents for in vivo imaging of insulinoma, and possibly for future beta cell imaging...
- Yuan L, Liu X, Zhang E. Mitochondrial phylogeny of Chinese barred species of the cyprinid genus Acrossocheilus Oshima, 1919 (Teleostei: Cypriniformes) and its taxonomic implications. Zootaxa. 2015;4059:151-68 pubmed publisher..Masticbarbus Tang, 1942 is available for A. longipinnis and three allied species (A. iridescens, A. microstomus and A. lamus). ..
- Ying Y, Hong X, Chen S, Xu X, Ma K, Lan X, et al. [Study of the molecular basis for an individual with Bel variant due to deletion of B glycosyltransferase gene]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2017;34:423-426 pubmed publisher..The 484delG mutation of the glycosyltransferase B gene has probably abolished or reduced the enzymatic activity and resulted in the Bel variant phenotype. ..
- Jun N, Gaohang W, Zhenxing Z, Huanhuan Z, Yunrong W, Ping W. OsIAA23-mediated auxin signaling defines postembryonic maintenance of QC in rice. Plant J. 2011;68:433-42 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the maintenance of the QC is dependent on OsIAA23-mediated auxin signaling in the QC. These findings provide insight into Aux/IAA-based auxin signaling during postembryonic maintenance of the QC in plants...
- Qiu J, Ma Y, Zhang J, Wen Y, Liu W. Cloning of a novel nicotine oxidase gene from Pseudomonas sp. strain HZN6 whose product nonenantioselectively degrades nicotine to pseudooxynicotine. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:2164-71 pubmed publisher..Site-directed mutagenesis revealed that both the conserved flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD)-binding GXGXXG motif and His456 are essential for nicotine degradation activity...
- Yang Q, Gong Z, Zhou Y, Yuan J, Cheng J, Tian L, et al. Role of Drosophila alkaline ceramidase (Dacer) in Drosophila development and longevity. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:1477-90 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that Dacer plays an important role in the Drosophila development and longevity by controlling the metabolism of ceramides. ..