Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Kunming, Yunnan, China
Locale: Kunming, Yunnan, China
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- Kang D, Li B, Luo L, Jiang W, Lu Q, Rong M, et al. Curcumin shows excellent therapeutic effect on psoriasis in mouse model. Biochimie. 2016;123:73-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, curcumin, with high efficacy and safety, has a great potential to treat psoriasis. ..
- Dou C, Cao Z, Ding N, Hou T, Luo F, Kang F, et al. Cordycepin Prevents Bone Loss through Inhibiting Osteoclastogenesis by Scavenging ROS Generation. Nutrients. 2016;8:231 pubmed publisher..Our observations strongly suggested that cordycepin is an efficient osteoclast inhibitor and hold potential therapeutic value in preventing bone loss among postmenopausal osteoporosis patients. ..
- Feng Z, Fang Y, Zhao L, Lu J, Wang Y, Chen Z, et al. RIN1 promotes renal cell carcinoma malignancy by activating EGFR signaling through Rab25. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1620-1627 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RIN1 plays an important oncogenic role in ccRCC malignancy by activation of EGFR signaling through interacting with Rab25, and RIN1 could be employed as an effective therapeutic target for ccRCC. ..
- Wei L, Wei G, Zhang H, Wang P, Du Y. Synthesis of new, potent avermectin-like insecticidal agents. Carbohydr Res. 2005;340:1583-90 pubmed
- Luo F, Wang S, Qi L, Song J, Lv T, Bai J. Protective effect of panaxatriol saponins extracted from Panax notoginseng against MPTP-induced neurotoxicity in vivo. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;133:448-53 pubmed publisher..PTS, an inducer of Trx-1, has pluripharmacological properties in the protection against PD including enhancing antioxidant activity, acting as neurotrophic factor, modulating inflammation and inhibiting mitochondria-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Sun Z, Wei Q, Zhang Y, He X, Ji W, Su B. MicroRNA profiling of rhesus macaque embryonic stem cells. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:276 pubmed publisher..MiRNA expression patterns are generally conserved between species. However, species and/or lineage specific miRNA regulation changed during evolution. ..
- Wang L, Dong J, Ouyang W, Wang X, Tang J. Anticancer effect and feasibility study of hyperthermia treatment of pancreatic cancer using magnetic nanoparticles. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:719-26 pubmed publisher..05). This technique had therapeutic potential and provided a new idea in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Xu J, Ji C, Zhang Y, Su J, Li Y, Tan N. Inhibitory activity of eudesmane sesquiterpenes from Alpinia oxyphylla on production of nitric oxide. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2012;22:1660-3 pubmed publisher..Inhibitory activity of compounds 3-8 and 10-16 were tested against nitric oxide production in LPS and IFN-?-induced RAW 264.7 murine macrophages, and their IC(50) values ranged from 9.85 to 13.95 ?g/ml. ..
- Lu Y, He X, Zheng P. Decrease in expression of maternal effect gene Mater is associated with maternal ageing in mice. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:252-60 pubmed publisher..N/A. This work was supported by the research grant from Chinese NSFC to P.Z. (31071274). We have no conflict of interests to declare. ..
- Zhang Y, Xu W, Guo H, Zhang Y, He Y, Lee S, et al. NOTCH1 Signaling Regulates Self-Renewal and Platinum Chemoresistance of Cancer Stem-like Cells in Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3082-3091 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(11); 3082-91. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Luo X, Li M, Huang L, Nho K, Deng M, Chen Q, et al. The interleukin 3 gene (IL3) contributes to human brain volume variation by regulating proliferation and survival of neural progenitors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50375 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that genetic variation in the IL3 promoter regulates human brain volume and reveals novel roles of IL3 in regulating brain development. ..
- Li Q, Zhu Y, Chu J, Dong K, He P, Feng C, et al. Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor DNA prime-protein boost strategy to enhance efficacy of a recombinant pertussis DNA vaccine. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2006;27:1487-94 pubmed..This prime and boost strategy has proven to be very useful in improving the immunogenicity of DNA vaccines against pertussis. ..
- Yang H, Shi P. Molecular and evolutionary analyses of formyl peptide receptors suggest the absence of VNO-specific FPRs in primates. J Genet Genomics. 2010;37:771-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that primates lack the VNO-specific FPRs and the FPR expansion is not a common phenomenon in mammals outside rodent lineage, regardless of VNO complexity...
- Zong Y, Sun L, Liu B, Deng Y, Zhan D, Chen Y, et al. Resveratrol inhibits LPS-induced MAPKs activation via activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway in murine RAW 264.7 macrophage cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44107 pubmed publisher..7 cells. ..
- Liu H, Zhao B, Chen Y, You D, Liu R, Rong M, et al. Multiple coagulation factor deficiency protein 2 contains the ability to support stem cell self-renewal. FASEB J. 2013;27:3298-305 pubmed publisher..The ability to support stem cell self-renewal may be the general function of the conserved protein family. ..
- Yang H, Li Q, Niu J, Li B, Jiang D, Wan Z, et al. microRNA-342-5p and miR-608 inhibit colon cancer tumorigenesis by targeting NAA10. Oncotarget. 2016;7:2709-20 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate miR-342-5p and miR-608 in colon cancer development and unveil the underlying mechanism of this phenomenon, which involves NAA10. ..
- Wang X, Wang G, Duan Q, Teng S. [Impairment effects of tail suspension stress on spatial memory and its reversal learning in mice]. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2011;32:428-34 pubmed publisher..01). The results indicated that TSS could impair spatial memory acquisition, consolidation and reversal learning (especially the relative spatial memory consolidation and its reversal learning) in mice. ..
- Tan T, Tang X, Zhang J, Niu Y, Chen H, Li B, et al. Generation of trophoblast stem cells from rabbit embryonic stem cells with BMP4. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17124 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study demonstrated the derivation of rabbit TS cells and suggested the essential roles of FGF and TGF-? signalings in maintenance of rabbit TS cell self-renewal. ..
- Gao F, Niu Y, Sun Y, Lu H, Chen Y, Li S, et al. De novo DNA methylation during monkey pre-implantation embryogenesis. Cell Res. 2017;27:526-539 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, our DNA methyltransferase loss-of-function analysis indicates that DNA methylation influences early monkey embryogenesis...
- Liu Z, Ma R, Yang L, Li J, Hou B, Hu J, et al. Triterpenoids and iridoids from Patrinia scabiosaefolia. Fitoterapia. 2017;119:130-135 pubmed publisher..The results showed that compound 4 had moderate inhibitory activity with IC50 of 10.1?M. Furthermore, it also showed strongest inhibitory activities on AChE with IC50 values of 10.0?M. ..
- Lu G, Wu Y, Mak Y, Wai S, Feng Z, Rudd J, et al. Molecular evidence of the neuroprotective effect of Ginkgo biloba (EGb761) using bax/bcl-2 ratio after brain ischemia in senescence-accelerated mice, strain prone-8. Brain Res. 2006;1090:23-8 pubmed..Our findings indicate that the bax/bcl-2 ratio provides a suitable index of apoptosis and modulation of these markers may explain the neuroprotective action of EGb761. ..
- Sun J, Li D, Hao Y, Zhang Y, Fan W, Fu J, et al. Posttranscriptional regulatory elements enhance antigen expression and DNA vaccine efficacy. DNA Cell Biol. 2009;28:233-40 pubmed publisher..05). Our data are useful for the optimization of heterologous expression and immunogenicity of DNA vaccines. ..
- Luo F, Qi L, Lv T, Wang S, Liu H, Nakamura H, et al. Geranylgeranylacetone protects mice against morphine-induced hyperlocomotion, rewarding effect, and withdrawal syndrome. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;52:1218-27 pubmed publisher..GGA could be a safe and novel therapeutic agent for morphine dependence. ..
- Zhi X, Zhao D, Zhou Z, Liu R, Chen C. YAP promotes breast cell proliferation and survival partially through stabilizing the KLF5 transcription factor. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:2452-61 pubmed publisher..Both YAP and KLF5 are coexpressed in estrogen receptor ER?-negative breast cell lines. These findings suggest that KLF5 could be an important transcription factor partner for YAP and may contribute to the Hippo pathway. ..
- Yang J, Du X, He F, Zhang H, Li X, Su J, et al. Bioactive abietane and ent-kaurane diterpenoids from Isodon tenuifolius. J Nat Prod. 2013;76:256-64 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, several isolates exhibited inhibitory activity against nitric oxide production in LPS-activated RAW264.7 macrophages. ..
- Zhao D, Ai H, Zi S, Zhang L, Yang S, Guo H, et al. Four new C18-diterpenoid alkaloids with analgesic activity from Aconitum weixiense. Fitoterapia. 2013;91:280-283 pubmed publisher..Compound 4 showed writhing inhibitions of 24% (50 mg/kg), 26% (100 mg/kg) and 34% (200 mg/kg), respectively, as compared to the reference drug aspirin (63%) at a dose of 200 mg/kg. ..
- Shen T, Yang Z, Cheng X, Xiao Y, Yu K, Cai X, et al. CXCL8 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in colon cancer cells via the PI3K/Akt/NF-?B signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2095-2100 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, overexpression of CXCL8 induced cell proliferation, migration and invasion of colon cancer LoVo cells. CXCL8 may act through induction of EMT via the PI3K/AKT/NF-?B signaling axis. ..
- Li Y, Zhang Y. Molecular evolution of prolactin gene family in rodents. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2006;33:590-7 pubmed..Our analysis also reveals that continual gene duplication and divergence occurred during the evolution of rodent PRL gene family. ..
- Di Y, He H, Wang Y, Li L, Lu Y, Gong J, et al. Isolation, X-ray crystallography, and computational studies of calydaphninone, a new alkaloid from Daphniphyllum calycillum. Org Lett. 2007;9:1355-8 pubmed..Its structure was elucidated by spectral and crystallographic means. Furthermore, conformations of calydaphninone (1) in solution are discussed on the basis of NMR spectral analysis and computational (B3LYP/6-31G*) results...
- Guo X, Zeng L, Lee W, Zhang Y, Jin Y. Isolation and cloning of a metalloproteinase from king cobra snake venom. Toxicon. 2007;49:954-65 pubmed..Sequence analysis and phylogenetic analysis indicated that metalloproteinases from elapid snake venoms form a new subgroup of P-III SVMPs. ..
- Shang J, Cai X, Feng T, Zhao Y, Wang J, Zhang L, et al. Pharmacological evaluation of Alstonia scholaris: anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;129:174-81 pubmed publisher..Besides, COX-2/5-LOX dual inhibitors found in the experiment, such as 16-formyl-5alpha-methoxystrictamine, picralinal, and tubotaiwine might be valuable for further attention. ..
- Yang H, Wang Y, Xiao Y, Wang Y, Wu J, Liu C, et al. A bi-functional anti-thrombosis protein containing both direct-acting fibrin(ogen)olytic and plasminogen-activating activities. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17519 pubmed publisher..The study identified novel thrombolytic agent with prospecting clinical potential because of its bi-functional merits containing both plasmin- and PA-like activities and unique pharmacological kinetics in vivo. ..
- Adebayo A, Jig C, Zhang Y, He W, Zeng G, Han H, et al. A new chromene isolated from Ageratum conyzoides. Nat Prod Commun. 2011;6:1263-5 pubmed..8, 24.8, 3.5 and 7.8 microM respectively, while compound 9 exhibited inhibitory activity on the HT-29 cancer cell line with an IC50 value of 61 microM; the others showed no significant cytotoxic activity on the cell lines tested. ..
- Geng J, Liu G, Peng F, Yang L, Cao J, Li Q, et al. Decorin promotes myogenic differentiation and mdx mice therapeutic effects after transplantation of rat adipose-derived stem cells. Cytotherapy. 2012;14:877-86 pubmed publisher..This process was probably the result of decorin inhibiting Mstn. A new method of DMD therapy combining Mstn inhibition (using decorin) and ADSC transplantation is probably feasible. ..
- Zhi X, Zhao D, Wang Z, Zhou Z, Wang C, Chen W, et al. E3 ubiquitin ligase RNF126 promotes cancer cell proliferation by targeting the tumor suppressor p21 for ubiquitin-mediated degradation. Cancer Res. 2013;73:385-94 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that RNF126 promotes cancer cell proliferation by targeting p21 for ubiquitin-mediated degradation. RNF126 could be a novel therapeutic target in breast and prostate cancers. ..
- Xiyang Y, Wang F, Qian B, You L, Lu B, Zhang W, et al. Newly developed TGF-?2 knock down transgenic mouse lines express TGF-?2 differently and its distribution in multiple tissues varies. BMC Biochem. 2013;14:21 pubmed publisher..The present study generated transgenic mice with TGF-?2 down-regulated, which established mice model for systemic exploring the possible roles of TGF-?2 in vivo in different pathology conditions. ..
- Zhang L, Yu Y, Xia X, Ma Y, Chen X, Ni Z, et al. Transcription factor E2-2 inhibits the proliferation of endothelial progenitor cells by suppressing autophagy. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:1254-62 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed that E2-2 regulated EPC autophagy via mediating ATG7 expression. We conclude that E2-2 inhibited EPC proliferation via suppressing their autophagy, and E2-2 regulated EPC autophagy by mediating the expression of ATG7. ..
- Ke Y, Bao T, Zhou Q, Wang Y, Ge J, Fu B, et al. Discs large homolog 5 decreases formation and function of invadopodia in human hepatocellular carcinoma via Girdin and Tks5. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:364-376 pubmed publisher..Conceivably, Dlg5 may act as a new biomarker for prognosis of HCC patients. ..
- Ma J, Lei H, Chen X, Bi X, Jiang Y, Han L, et al. New anti-inflammatory metabolites produced by Streptomyces violaceoruber isolated from Equus burchelli feces. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2017;70:991-994 pubmed publisher..7 macrophage cells. Compound 2 showed a moderate inhibition of NO production with IC50 value of 51.2??m. ..
- Li X, Lu P, Zhang W, Li B, Yang R, Luo K. Study on anti-Ehrlich ascites tumour effect of Pinellia ternata polysaccharide in vivo. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2013;10:380-385 pubmed
- Yang E, Zhao H, Zhang Y, Liu J, Liao Y, Wang L, et al. A comparative study of the characteristics of two Coxsackie A virus type 16 strains (genotype B). Sci China Life Sci. 2012;55:336-42 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the biological and genetic characteristics of the CA16 viral strains are relevant to their pathogenicity. ..
- Luo F, Zhao L, Deng J, Liang M, Zeng X, Liu H, et al. Geranylgeranylacetone protects against morphine-induced hepatic and renal damage in mice. Mol Med Rep. 2013;7:694-700 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, GGA enhanced morphine-induced expression of Trx-1 and Hsp70 in the liver and kidney. The findings of this study suggest that GGA may be a safe and novel therapeutic agent for morphine?induced hepatic and renal damage. ..
- Yu J, Xie J, Mao X, Wei H, Zhao S, Ma Y, et al. Comparison of laxative and antioxidant activities of raw, processed and fermented Polygoni Multiflori radix. Chin J Nat Med. 2012;10:63-7 pubmed publisher..However, most of the processed products could lessen the adverse effect on gastrointestinal tract compared to PMR. Fermentation with Rhizopus oryzae was considered as a promising processing method of PMR. ..
- Luo Y, Liu M, Wen J, Wang W, Hu K, Li X, et al. Dibenzocyclooctadiene lignans from Kadsura heteroclita. Fitoterapia. 2017;119:150-157 pubmed publisher..In vitro activity assays showed that 1 exhibited moderate cytotoxicity against HL-60 with IC50 value at 14.59?M. ..
- Yu M, Cao X, Wang X, Xu J, Yang M, Ben K. Migration of mouse antibody-secreting hybridoma cells from blood to genital tract and its regulation by sex hormones are associated with the differential expression patterns of adhesion molecules and chemokines in the tract rather than in the antibod. J Reprod Immunol. 2007;74:78-89 pubmed
- Luo F, Wang S, Li K, Nakamura H, Yodoi J, Bai J. Panaxatriol saponins extracted from Panax notoginseng induces thioredoxin-1 and prevents 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium ion-induced neurotoxicity. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;127:419-23 pubmed publisher..PTS is a new inducer of thioredoxin-1 and has a possible potential as a therapeutic agent for neurodegenerative diseases including Parkinson's disease. ..
- Zhou F, Zhou J, Ma L, Song S, Zhang X, Li W, et al. High-yield production of a stable Vero cell-based vaccine candidate against the highly pathogenic avian influenza virus H5N1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:850-4 pubmed publisher..The reassorted H5N1/YNVa vaccine maintained a high hemagglutination (HA) titer of 1024. Furthermore, H5N1/YNVa displayed low pathogenicity and uniform immunogenicity compared to that of the parent virus. ..
- Xu B, Xu W, Yang F, Li J, Yang Y, Tang X, et al. Metagenomic analysis of the pygmy loris fecal microbiome reveals unique functional capacity related to metabolism of aromatic compounds. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56565 pubmed publisher..However, future studies on the metagenome sequencing of pygmy loris and other prosimians regarding the effects of age, genetics, and environment on the composition and activity of the metagenomes are required...
- Xiang Y, Wang X, Yan C, Gao Q, Li S, Liu J, et al. Adenosine-5'-triphosphate (ATP) protects mice against bacterial infection by activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63759 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest a role for ATP in initiating the immune response in hosts suffering from infections. ..
- Zhang R, Peng Y, Wang W, Su B. Rapid evolution of an X-linked microRNA cluster in primates. Genome Res. 2007;17:612-7 pubmed..We propose that, like protein-coding genes, miRNA genes involved in male reproduction are subject to rapid adaptive changes that may contribute to functional novelties during evolution. ..
- Mitra D, Fernandez P, Bian L, Song N, Li F, Han G, et al. Smad4 loss in mouse keratinocytes leads to increased susceptibility to UV carcinogenesis with reduced Ercc1-mediated DNA repair. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2609-2616 pubmed publisher..Collectively, Smad4 loss-associated Snail reduction compromises Ercc1-mediated DNA repair, contributing to increased UV-induced skin carcinogenesis. Thus, we identified a role for Snail in UV-induced DNA repair. ..
- Hong S, Washington P, Kim A, Yang C, Yu T, Kernie S. Apolipoprotein E Regulates Injury-Induced Activation of Hippocampal Neural Stem and Progenitor Cells. J Neurotrauma. 2016;33:362-74 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that ApoE is required for injury-induced proliferation of NSPCs after experimental TBI, and that this response is influenced by human APOE genotype. ..
- Sun C, Geng C, Chen X, Yang T, Yin X, Huang X, et al. LC-MS guided isolation of ent-kaurane diterpenoids from Nouelia insignis. Fitoterapia. 2016;111:42-8 pubmed publisher..Compounds 6 and 15 with the exo-methylene cyclopentanone functional group exhibited obvious nitric oxide production inhibitory activity with IC50 values of 3.84±0.20 and 3.19±0.25?M. ..
- Yang J, Wang J, Zuo Y, Zhan H. Molecularly modified VP3 (30-121) induces apoptosis in human bladder cancer (EJ) cells but not in normal (3T3) cells. Cell Biol Int. 2012;36:1037-42 pubmed publisher..This study increases our understanding of modified VP3 (30-121) as a possible substitute for the wild-type VP3, which makes VP3 (30-121) an interesting candidate for the development of novel therapeutic strategies. ..
- Wang G, Cheng X, Zhou B, Wen Z, Huang Y, Chen H, et al. The chemokine CXCL13 in lung cancers associated with environmental polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons pollution. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Deficiency in Cxcl13 or its receptor, Cxcr5, significantly attenuated BaP-induced lung cancer in mice, demonstrating CXCL13's critical role in PAH-induced lung carcinogenesis. ..
- Wu J, Wang Y, Liu H, Yang H, Ma D, Li J, et al. Two immunoregulatory peptides with antioxidant activity from tick salivary glands. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16606-13 pubmed publisher..These results showed that immunoregulatory peptides of tick salivary glands suppress host inflammatory response by modulating cytokine secretion and detoxifying reactive oxygen species. ..
- Li Q, Yang K, Zhao Y, Qin X, Yang X, Liu L, et al. Potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic steroidal alkaloids from Veratrum taliense. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;179:274-9 pubmed publisher..We provide scientific evidence to support that the roots and rhizomes of V. taliense are useful in traditional Chinese medicine for the treatment of pain and inflammation. ..
- Shao L, Bao Y, Shen Y, Su J, Leng Y, Zhao Q. Synthesis of selective 11?-HSD1 inhibitors based on dammarane scaffold. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;135:324-338 pubmed publisher..Moreover, valuable structural-activity relationship (SAR) information of dammarane-type 11?-HSD1 inhibitor was summarized. ..
- Dong S, Dong C, Liu L, Che Y, Sun M, Hu F, et al. Identification of a novel human sand family protein in human fibroblasts induced by herpes simplex virus 1 binding. Acta Virol. 2003;47:27-32 pubmed..It was found that the HSRG1 protein was induced in these cells by HSV-1 at high level. ..
- Liu W, Zhao Y, Gao S, Li S, Cao J, Zhang K, et al. Hepatocyte proliferation during liver regeneration is impaired in mice with methionine diet-induced hyperhomocysteinemia. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:2357-65 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that impairment of liver regeneration by HHcy may result in delayed recovery from liver injury induced by homocysteine itself. ..
- Yang M, Su J, Liu J, Li Y. [Cloning and expression of Tssk1 & Tssk2 in mice and the presence & localization of them in mature sperm]. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012;33:381-8 pubmed..In human sperm, Tssk1 was found in neck and flagellum while Tssk2 was found in the equatorial region. Our results suggest Tssk1 and/or Tssk2 do play an important role(s) in the regulation of sperm function. ..
- Zhong M, Zhang X, Li B, Chen C, Ji G, Li S, et al. Expression of MSP58 in hepatocellular carcinoma. Med Oncol. 2013;30:539 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results demonstrated that MSP58 played an important role in the proliferation and apoptosis of HCC cells and the expression of MSP58 in HCC patients was closely related to the prognosis. ..
- Sun Y, Yang C, Chen J, Song X, Li Z, Duan M, et al. Overexpression of WDR79 in non-small cell lung cancer is linked to tumour progression. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:698-709 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that WDR79 is involved in the tumorigenesis of NSCLC and is a potential novel diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for NSCLC. ..
- Ma J, Zhao P, Shen Y. New amide N-glycosides of ansamitocins identified from Actinosynnema pretiosum. Arch Pharm Res. 2007;30:670-3 pubmed..The 1H-NMR and 13C-NMR assignments were made for 1 and 2 while the 13C-NMR assignment for 1 was revised. Bioassay results showed that 1 had antineoplastic activity. ..
- Xu B, Chiu J, Feng B, Chen S, Chakrabarti S. PARP activation and the alteration of vasoactive factors and extracellular matrix protein in retina and kidney in diabetes. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2008;24:404-12 pubmed publisher..Understanding these mechanisms is important in identifying novel treatment targets. ..
- Wu C, Kaur C, Sivakumar V, Lu J, Ling E. Kv1.1 expression in microglia regulates production and release of proinflammatory cytokines, endothelins and nitric oxide. Neuroscience. 2009;158:1500-8 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that Kv1.1, constitutively expressed by microglia, is elicited by hypoxia and LPS and this may be linked to production of proinflammatory cytokines, endothelins and NO. ..
- Yao H, Ng S, Tucker W, Tsang Y, Man K, Wang X, et al. The gene transfection efficiency of a folate-PEI600-cyclodextrin nanopolymer. Biomaterials. 2009;30:5793-803 pubmed publisher..These results clearly show that H(1) is a safe and effective polyplex-forming agent for both in vitro and in vivo transfection of plasmid DNA and its application warrants further investigation. ..
- Zuo S, Chen Y, Wu Z, Liu X, Liu C, Zhou Y, et al. Orally administered DNA vaccine delivery by attenuated Salmonella typhimurium targeting fetal liver kinase 1 inhibits murine Lewis lung carcinoma growth and metastasis. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:174-82 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that the plasmid DNA vaccine encoding the extracellular domain of FLK1 could be an important component of FLK1 DNA vaccine to prevent lung carcinoma recurrence and metastasis after surgery...
- He Y, Liu D, Xi D, Yang L, Tan Y, Liu Q, et al. Isolation, sequence identification and expression profile of three novel genes Rab2A, Rab3A and Rab7A from Black-boned sheep (Ovis aries). Mol Biol (Mosk). 2010;44:20-7 pubmed..Our experiment is the first to provide the primary foundation for a further insight into these three sheep genes. ..
- Hu J, Meng Y, Guo Y, Liao J, Song J. Completion of the life cycle of Sarcocystis zuoi , a parasite from the Norway rat, Rattus norvegicus. J Parasitol. 2012;98:550-3 pubmed publisher..No sarcocysts were observed in KM mice. Characters of ultrastructure and molecule of sarcocysts from SD rats were confirmed as S. zuoi . Our results indicate that king rat snake is the definitive host of S. zuoi ...
- Dong Z, Tai W, Yang Y, Zhang T, Li Y, Chai Y, et al. The role of all-trans retinoic acid in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in mice. Exp Lung Res. 2012;38:82-9 pubmed publisher..ATRA may ease the bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis by inhibiting the expression of IL-6 and TGF-?, shifting the Treg/Th17 ratio and reducing the secretion of IL-17A. ..
- Sun J, Hou J, Li D, Liu Y, Hu N, Hao Y, et al. Enhancement of HIV-1 DNA vaccine immunogenicity by BCG-PSN, a novel adjuvant. Vaccine. 2013;31:472-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results demonstrate that BCG-PSN can activate TLR signaling pathways and induce Th1-type cytokines secretion. These findings suggest that BCG-PSN can serve as a novel and effective adjuvant for DNA vaccination. ..
- Ding M, Wang H, Wang J, Zhan H, Zuo Y, Yang D, et al. ppGalNAc T1 as a potential novel marker for human bladder cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:5653-7 pubmed..Although ppGalNAc T1 knockdown caused no remarkable change in cell migration, silenced expression significantly inhibited proliferation and tumor growth of the bladder cancer EJ cell line. ..
- Jie H, Yu M, Fen Y, Mei G, Yan Y, Esch G, et al. First isolation of Hammondia heydorni from dogs in China. Vet Parasitol. 2013;197:43-9 pubmed publisher..The present study, therefore, provides new evidence of genetic diversity among isolates from dogs. This is the first survey for H. heydorni in dogs from China...
- Wu H, Zhan R, Wang W, Jiang H, Du X, Li X, et al. Cytotoxic ent-kaurane diterpenoids from Isodon wikstroemioides. J Nat Prod. 2014;77:931-41 pubmed publisher..4 to 5.1 ?M. In addition, 17 of the isolates strongly inhibited nitric oxide production in LPS-activated RAW264.7 macrophages. ..
- Wang G, Rong M, Li Q, Liu Y, Long C, Meng P, et al. Alkaloids from Veratrum taliense Exert Cardiovascular Toxic Effects via Cardiac Sodium Channel Subtype 1.5. Toxins (Basel). 2015;8: pubmed publisher..This result reveals that VAs exert their cardiovascular toxicity via the Na(V)1.5 channel. The effects of VAs on Na(V)1.3 and Na(V)1.4 may be related to their analgesic effect and skeletal muscle toxicity, respectively. ..
- Kong L, Feng T, Wang Y, Li X, Ye Z, An T, et al. Bisleuconothine A, a bisindole alkaloid, inhibits colorectal cancer cell in vitro and in vivo targeting Wnt signaling. Oncotarget. 2016;7:10203-14 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study indicated that bisindole alkaloids could be included as a new chemotype of small-molecule Wnt signaling inhibitors, and have great potential to be further developed for anti-tumor agents. ..
- Li Y, Wang L, Li S, Chen X, Shen Y, Zhang Z, et al. Seco-pregnane steroids target the subgenomic RNA of alphavirus-like RNA viruses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:8083-8 pubmed
- Wang Y, Hai T, Liu Z, Zhou S, Lv Z, Ding C, et al. HSPC117 deficiency in cloned embryos causes placental abnormality and fetal death. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:407-12 pubmed publisher..We suggest that defects in HSPC117 expression may be an important contributing factor to loss of cloned NT embryos in vivo...
- Zhu M, Tan N, Zhu H, Zeng G, He W, Yu B, et al. Anti-sports anaemia effects of verbascoside and martynoside in mice. Int J Sports Med. 2010;31:537-41 pubmed publisher..Moreover, verbascoside was found to be more active than martynoside...
- Zhao D, Zhi X, Zhou Z, Chen C. TAZ antagonizes the WWP1-mediated KLF5 degradation and promotes breast cell proliferation and tumorigenesis. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:59-67 pubmed publisher..These results, for the first time, suggest that TAZ promotes breast cell growth partially through protecting KLF5 from WWP1-mediated degradation and enhancing KLF5's activities. ..
- Wang H, He Y, Yang C, Zhou W, Zou C. Hepcidin is regulated during blood-stage malaria and plays a protective role in malaria infection. J Immunol. 2011;187:6410-6 pubmed publisher..In contrast, lentiviral vector-mediated overexpression of hepcidin improved the outcome of P. berghei infection in mice. Our data demonstrate an important role of hepcidin in modulating the course and outcome of blood-stage malaria. ..
- Mpetga J, Shen Y, Tane P, Li S, He H, Wabo H, et al. Cycloartane and friedelane triterpenoids from the leaves of Caloncoba glauca and their evaluation for inhibition of 11?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases. J Nat Prod. 2012;75:599-604 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1 and 2 exhibited strong inhibitory activities against mouse (EC(50) 132 and 13 nM) and human (EC(50) 105 and 72 nM) 11?-HSD1...