Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane proteins in Kunming, Yunnan, China
Locale: Kunming, Yunnan, China
Topic: membrane proteins
- Chang H, Zhang C, Cao Y. Expression and distribution of symplekin regulates the assembly and function of the epithelial tight junction. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;137:319-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, symplekin expression regulates the assembly of tight junctions, thus helps to maintain the integrity of the epithelial monolayer and cellular polarity. ..
- Zhang Y, Mao B. Embryonic expression and evolutionary analysis of the amphioxus Dickkopf and Kremen family genes. J Genet Genomics. 2010;37:637-45 pubmed publisher..No co-operative effect was observed between amphioxus Dkk1/2/4 and Kremens, suggesting that the interaction between Dkk and Kremen likely originated later during evolution...
- Wang L, Liu L, Che Y, Wang L, Jiang L, Dong C, et al. Egress of HSV-1 capsid requires the interaction of VP26 and a cellular tetraspanin membrane protein. Virol J. 2010;7:156 pubmed publisher..Together, our data support the notion that biological events mediated by a VP26 - CTMP-7 interaction aid in viral capsid enveloping and egress from the cell during the HSV-1 infectious process...
- He F, Wu D, Kong Q, Zhang Y. Intriguing balancing selection on the intron 5 region of LMBR1 in human population. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2948 pubmed publisher..We proposed that the intron 5 of LMBR1 was presumably subject to balancing selection during the evolution of modern human. ..
- Yu H, Jiang H, Zhou Q, Yang J, Cun Y, Su B, et al. Origination and evolution of a human-specific transmembrane protein gene, c1orf37-dup. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:1870-5 pubmed..It is suggested that c1orf37-dup encodes a novel transmembrane protein in humans which potentially endows new properties to cell surface interactions. ..
- Li Q, Wang L, Dong C, Che Y, Jiang L, Liu L, et al. The interaction of the SARS coronavirus non-structural protein 10 with the cellular oxido-reductase system causes an extensive cytopathic effect. J Clin Virol. 2005;34:133-9 pubmed..The cytopathic effect of the Coronavirus 229E strain appeared more extensive in these cells than in the control cells. ..
- Pan G, Zhang X, Ren J, Lu J, Li W, Fu H, et al. Semaphorin 5A, an axon guidance molecule, enhances the invasion and metastasis of human gastric cancer through activation of MMP9. Pathol Oncol Res. 2013;19:11-8 pubmed publisher..Semaphorin 5A and its regulated molecules could be the potential targets for cancer therapy. ..
- Ke Y, Bao T, Zhou Q, Wang Y, Ge J, Fu B, et al. Discs large homolog 5 decreases formation and function of invadopodia in human hepatocellular carcinoma via Girdin and Tks5. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:364-376 pubmed publisher..Conceivably, Dlg5 may act as a new biomarker for prognosis of HCC patients. ..