Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Kunming, Yunnan, China
Locale: Kunming, Yunnan, China
Publications487 found, 100 shown here
- Chen B, Nie S, Yue Z, Shou W, Xiao C. Haplotype-based case-control study of the human CYP11B2 gene and essential hypertension in Yi and Hani minorities of China. Biochem Genet. 2011;49:122-37 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that haplotype AGGC conferred an increased risk for hypertension in the Hani minority male. In addition, CYP11B2 may not be associated with hypertension in the Yi minority of China. ..
- Ma L, Zhang W, Tang J, Tan L, Yao Y, Chen X. No association between genetic polymorphisms of the NDUFS7 gene and schizophrenia in Han Chinese. Psychiatr Genet. 2013;23:29-32 pubmed publisher..We found no significant difference in the frequency distributions of alleles, genotypes, and haplotypes between the cases and the controls, indicating no active role of this gene in schizophrenia. ..
- Guo H, Si J, Li Z, Feng T, Dong Z, Dai Y, et al. Two new triterpenoids from the fungus Perenniporia maackiae. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2013;15:253-7 pubmed publisher..Their structures were determined by spectroscopic methods, including 1D and 2D NMR, and MS analyses. All compounds were evaluated for their cytotoxic activities on five tumor cell lines. ..
- Dong Z, Tai W, Lei W, Wang Y, Li Z, Zhang T. IL-27 inhibits the TGF-Î²1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in alveolar epithelial cells. BMC Cell Biol. 2016;17:7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that IL-27 attenuates epithelial-mesenchymal transition in alveolar epithelial cells in the absence or presence of TGF-Î²1 through the JAK/STAT and TGF-Î²/Smad signalling pathways. ..
- Li X, Lu P, Li B, Yang R, Chu Y, Zhang Z, et al. Sensitization of hepatocellular carcinoma cells to irradiation by miRâ€‘34a through targeting lactate dehydrogenaseâ€‘A. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:3661-7 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study revealed a negative correlation between miRâ€‘34a and glycolysis, caused by the targeting of LDHAâ€‘34a, providing a novel mechanism for miRâ€‘34aâ€‘mediated radioresistance. ..
- Yu H, Jiang H, Zhou Q, Yang J, Cun Y, Su B, et al. Origination and evolution of a human-specific transmembrane protein gene, c1orf37-dup. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:1870-5 pubmed..It is suggested that c1orf37-dup encodes a novel transmembrane protein in humans which potentially endows new properties to cell surface interactions. ..
- Ding L, Liu Y, Liang H, Liu D, Zhou G, Cheng Y. Two new terpene glucosides and antitumor agents from Centipeda minima. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2009;11:732-6 pubmed publisher..A. Braun et Ashers. Their structures were determined by spectroscopic methods. Compounds 5 and 6 showed weak or moderate cytotoxic activity toward several tumor cell lines. ..
- Yang J, Kondratyuk T, Jermihov K, Marler L, Qiu X, Choi Y, et al. Bioactive compounds from the fern Lepisorus contortus. J Nat Prod. 2011;74:129-36 pubmed publisher..The compound also demonstrated NF-?B activity with an IC(50) value of 33.6 ?M. In addition, compounds 1, 2, 4, and 6 showed aromatase activity with IC(50) values of 30.7, 32.3, 26.8, and 35.3 ?M, respectively...
- Li X, Cai X, Feng T, Li Y, Liu Y, Luo X. Monoterpenoid indole alkaloids from Gardneria ovata. J Nat Prod. 2011;74:1073-8 pubmed publisher..The structures of the new alkaloids were established by means of spectroscopic methods. None of the compounds were cytotoxic to five human cancer cell lines...
- Nian Y, Wang H, Zhou L, Su J, Li Y, Qiu M. Cytotoxic cycloartane triterpenes of the traditional Chinese medicine "shengma" (Cimicifuga dahurica). Planta Med. 2013;79:60-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the key points of the structure-activity relationships of aglycones with a cimigenol skeleton were discussed...
- Wu W, Guo Z, Zhang X, Guo L, Liu L, Liao Y, et al. A microRNA encoded by HSV-1 inhibits a cellular transcriptional repressor of viral immediate early and early genes. Sci China Life Sci. 2013;56:373-83 pubmed publisher..The viral miRNA is able to block the expression of KLHL24 in cells infected by HSV-1. Our discovery reveals an effective viral strategy for evading host cell defenses and supporting the efficient replication and proliferation of HSV-1. ..
- Mitra D, Fernandez P, Bian L, Song N, Li F, Han G, et al. Smad4 loss in mouse keratinocytes leads to increased susceptibility to UV carcinogenesis with reduced Ercc1-mediated DNA repair. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2609-2616 pubmed publisher..Collectively, Smad4 loss-associated Snail reduction compromises Ercc1-mediated DNA repair, contributing to increased UV-induced skin carcinogenesis. Thus, we identified a role for Snail in UV-induced DNA repair. ..
- Wu H, Zhan R, Wang W, Jiang H, Du X, Li X, et al. Cytotoxic ent-kaurane diterpenoids from Isodon wikstroemioides. J Nat Prod. 2014;77:931-41 pubmed publisher..4 to 5.1 ?M. In addition, 17 of the isolates strongly inhibited nitric oxide production in LPS-activated RAW264.7 macrophages. ..
- Zhu J, Liu F, Mu D, Deng D, Zheng Y. Increased expression and dysregulated association of restriction factors and type I interferon in HIV, HCV mono- and co-infected patients. J Med Virol. 2016;88:987-95 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest the potential role of restriction factors in restricting HIV, HCV mono- and co-infection in vivo, which appears to be a therapeutic target for potential drug discovery. ..
- Zhao Y, Liu J, Zhang H, Guo C, Xia L, Yang F, et al. Complete genome analysis of coxsackievirus A24 isolated in Yunnan, China, in 2013. Arch Virol. 2016;161:1705-9 pubmed publisher..Recombination analysis showed evidence of recombination with other viruses of the same species. ..
- Qu C, Ding M, Zhu Y, Lu Y, Du J, Miller M, et al. Pyrazolopyrimidines as Potent Stimulators for Transient Receptor Potential Canonical 3/6/7 Channels. J Med Chem. 2017;60:4680-4692 pubmed publisher..The potent and selective compounds described here should be suitable for evaluation of the roles of TRPC channels in the physiology and pathogenesis of diseases, including glomerulosclerosis and cancer...
- Zhang C, Liu S, Yang L, Yuan M, Li J, Hou B, et al. Sesquiterpene amino ether and cytotoxic phenols from Dendrobium wardianum Warner. Fitoterapia. 2017;122:76-79 pubmed publisher..33-38.48?M. Among those compounds, 3 and 4 showed cell line selectivity with strong activity comparable to DDP. ..
- Cao T, Geng C, Jiang F, Ma Y, He K, Zhou N, et al. Chemical constituents of Swertia yunnanensis and their anti-hepatitis B virus activity. Fitoterapia. 2013;89:175-82 pubmed publisher..10 to 1.76 mM) and HBeAg (IC50 values from 0.04 to 1.41 mM), and compounds 11 and 13-16 exhibited significant inhibition on HBV DNA replication (IC50 values from 0.01 to 0.09 mM)...
- Niu X, Li S, Mei S, Na Z, Zhao Q, Lin Z, et al. Cytotoxic 3,20-epoxy-ent-kaurane diterpenoids from Isodon eriocalyx var. laxiflora. J Nat Prod. 2002;65:1892-6 pubmed..5 microg/mL. Compound 3 also demonstrated cytotoxic activities against all three types of human tumor cells, with IC(50) values in the range of 1-25 microg/mL...
- Hong M, Li W, Wang L, Jiang L, Liu L, Zhao H, et al. Identification of a novel transcriptional repressor (HEPIS) that interacts with nsp-10 of SARS coronavirus. Viral Immunol. 2008;21:153-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that HEPIS may function as a potential transcriptional repressor. ..
- Yang J, Pu J, Wen J, Li X, He F, Xue Y, et al. Cytotoxic triterpene dilactones from the stems of Kadsura ananosma. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:12-6 pubmed publisher..In the evaluation of the in vitro cytotoxicity of these compounds against a small panel of human cancer cell lines, compounds 3, 7, 9, and 13 were found to be the most potent against HL-60 acute leukemia cell...
- Yu L, Luan P, Jin W, Ryder O, Chemnick L, Davis H, et al. Phylogenetic utility of nuclear introns in interfamilial relationships of Caniformia (order Carnivora). Syst Biol. 2011;60:175-87 pubmed publisher..Finally, the powers and pitfalls of phylogenetics using nuclear introns as markers are discussed in the context of Caniformia phylogeny...
- Ji L, Qiu Y, Xu J, Irwin D, Tam S, Tang N, et al. Genetic adaptation of the hypoxia-inducible factor pathway to oxygen pressure among eurasian human populations. Mol Biol Evol. 2012;29:3359-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the identification of the EGLN1 gene from the HIF pathway suggests a common adaptive mechanism for Eurasian human populations residing at different altitudes with different oxygen pressures. ..
- Bao M, Yan J, Cheng G, Li X, Liu Y, Li Y, et al. Cytotoxic indole alkaloids from Tabernaemontana divaricata. J Nat Prod. 2013;76:1406-12 pubmed publisher..17, 0.35, 0.21, 1.02, and 1.49 ?M, respectively. ..
- Zhang D, Zhang J, Jiang K, Li K, Cong Y, Pu S, et al. Preparation, characterisation and antitumour activity of Î²-, Î³- and HP-Î²-cyclodextrin inclusion complexes of oxaliplatin. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2016;152:501-8 pubmed publisher..This satisfactory water solubility and higher cytotoxic activity of the oxaliplatin/CD complexes will potentially be useful for their application in anti-tumour therapy. ..
- Li S, Ding J, Li Y, Hao X, Li S. Antimicrobial Diterpenoids of Wedelia trilobata (L.) Hitchc. Molecules. 2016;21:457 pubmed publisher..The antimicrobial activities of all isolated diterpenoids were evaluated against a panel of bacteria and fungi. ..
- Li J, Hou Y, Cai X, Liu B. Sorafenib after resection improves the outcome of BCLC stage C hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2016;22:4034-40 pubmed publisher..Sorafenib after SR was well-tolerated. Patients who received sorafenib after SR had better outcomes compared to patients who received only SR. ..
- Luo Y, Cheng L, Luo Q, Yan Y, Wang S, Sun Q, et al. New ursane-type triterpenoids from Clerodendranthus spicatus. Fitoterapia. 2017;119:69-74 pubmed publisher..It was found that, with exception of 1, all the tested compounds could inhibit cell proliferation in TGF-?1 induced NRK-49F cells with compounds 2 being most active. ..
- Dou R, Liu Z, Yuan X, Xiangfei D, Bai R, Bi Z, et al. PAMs ameliorates the imiquimod-induced psoriasis-like skin disease in mice by inhibition of translocation of NF-?B and production of inflammatory cytokines. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176823 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that PAMs may be a promising drug candidate for the treatment of inflammatory skin disorders, such as psoriasis. ..
- Chan Y, Jiang H, Yang X, Li D, Ma L, Luo Y, et al. Polymorphism of MDM2 promoter 309 (rs 2279744) and the risk of PCOS. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2016;32:136-8 pubmed publisher..The distribution of T allele was significant higher in PCOS cases than controls. MDM2 SNP 309â€‰T allele is associated with PCOS. ..
- Li H, Zhang J, Liu Y, Zheng R, Chen H, Wang X, et al. Molecular characteristics of carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in China from 2008 to 2011: predominance of KPC-2 enzyme. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2014;78:63-5 pubmed publisher..KPC-2-producing CPE showed higher resistance than IMP-4-producing ones. Furthermore, the first outbreak of ST11 KPC-2-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae in a Beijing second-degree hospital was identified. ..
- Pu J, Yang L, Xiao W, Li R, Lei C, Gao X, et al. Compounds from Kadsura heteroclita and related anti-HIV activity. Phytochemistry. 2008;69:1266-72 pubmed publisher..6 microg/mL, and 1.4 microg/mL, therapeutic index (TI) values of 52.9, and 65.9, respectively. Their structures were established by spectroscopic methods, including application of 2D NMR techniques and CD spectra...
- Liu S, Liu S, Fu Y. Molecular motions of human HIV-1 gp120 envelope glycoproteins. J Mol Model. 2008;14:857-70 pubmed publisher..These dynamics data provide new insights into the structure-function relationship of gp120 and may aid in structure-based anti-HIV vaccine design. ..
- Zhang Y, Di Y, Zhang Q, Mu S, Tan C, Fang X, et al. Daphhimalenine A, a new alkaloid with an unprecedented skeleton, from Daphniphyllum himalense. Org Lett. 2009;11:5414-7 pubmed publisher..Their structures were established on the basis of spectroscopic data, and the absolute configuration of 1 was assigned by computational methods. A plausible biosynthetic pathway of 1 was also proposed...
- Peng M, Palanichamy M, Yao Y, Mitra B, Cheng Y, Zhao M, et al. Inland post-glacial dispersal in East Asia revealed by mitochondrial haplogroup M9a'b. BMC Biol. 2011;9:2 pubmed publisher..This inland post-glacial dispersal was in agreement with the spread of the Mesolithic culture originating in South China and northern Vietnam. ..
- Wang H, Yang D, Wang K, Wang J. Expression and potential role of chemokine receptor CXCR4 in human bladder carcinoma cell lines with different metastatic ability. Mol Med Rep. 2011;4:525-8 pubmed publisher..56) (P < 0.05). In conclusion, the high in vitro metastatic potential of human bladder carcinoma cell sublines is closely associated with increased CXCR4 expression, and is inhibited by a specific CXCR4 antagonist. ..
- Wang X, Wang G, Duan Q, Teng S. [Impairment effects of tail suspension stress on spatial memory and its reversal learning in mice]. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2011;32:428-34 pubmed publisher..01). The results indicated that TSS could impair spatial memory acquisition, consolidation and reversal learning (especially the relative spatial memory consolidation and its reversal learning) in mice. ..
- Li H, Chen D, Zhang J. Analysis of intron sequence features associated with transcriptional regulation in human genes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46784 pubmed publisher..The results further support that the first introns of human genes are likely to be involved in transcriptional regulation, and give an insight into the transcriptional regulatory regions of genes. ..
- Hao M, Jia D, Li Q, He Y, Yuan L, Xu S, et al. In vitro sensitivities of Plasmodium falciparum isolates from the China-Myanmar border to piperaquine and association with polymorphisms in candidate genes. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:1723-9 pubmed publisher..However, we could not establish a link between PPQ responses and the polymorphisms in the three genes associated with quinoline drug resistance. ..
- Guo J, Li G, Tang J, Cao X, Zhou Q, Fan Z, et al. HLA-A2-restricted cytotoxic T lymphocyte epitopes from human hepsin as novel targets for prostate cancer immunotherapy. Scand J Immunol. 2013;78:248-57 pubmed publisher..Hpn229, Hpn268 and Hpn199 peptide-based vaccines may be useful for immunotherapy in patients with prostate cancer. ..
- Yang S, Xiao Y, Kang D, Liu J, Li Y, Undheim E, et al. Discovery of a selective NaV1.7 inhibitor from centipede venom with analgesic efficacy exceeding morphine in rodent pain models. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:17534-9 pubmed publisher..This study establishes µ-SPTX-Ssm6a as a promising lead molecule for the development of novel analgesics targeting NaV1.7, which might be suitable for treating a wide range of human pain pathologies. ..
- Zhang D, Li J, Wu H, Cui Y, Bi R, Zhou H, et al. CFH Variants Affect Structural and Functional Brain Changes and Genetic Risk of Alzheimer's Disease. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;41:1034-45 pubmed publisher..These comprehensive analyses suggested that CFH is an important immune factor in AD and affects multiple pathological changes in early life and during disease progress. ..
- Ting L, Shrestha B, Lu Y, Ping F. Post-delivery mycobacterium tuberculosis infection misdiagnosed as systemic lupus erythematosus. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2016;10:1352-1356 pubmed publisher..Our case report illustrates of a young woman just after the delivery of a child presented an unusual case of extrapulmonary tuberculosis infection initially misdiagnosed as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). ..
- Zhang X, Yuan Y, Shao Q, Wang Z, Zhu C, Shi J, et al. DJ-1 regulating PI3K-Nrf2 signaling plays a significant role in bibenzyl compound 20C-mediated neuroprotection against rotenone-induced oxidative insult. Toxicol Lett. 2017;271:74-83 pubmed publisher..The findings from our investigation suggest that 20C should be developed as a novel candidate for alleviating the consequences of PD in the future. ..
- Deng J, Yu L, Yang Y, Feng X, Sun J, Liu J, et al. Steroids administered after vacuum-assisted biopsy in the management of idiopathic granulomatous mastitis. J Clin Pathol. 2017;70:827-831 pubmed publisher..Hyperprolactinaemia may play a role in some patients. Corticosteroids administered after complete removal of the IGM lesion using the Mammotome biopsy system is an effective treatment option. ..
- Wang J, Shen Y, He H, Kang W, Hao X. Norsesquiterpenoid and sesquiterpenoid glycosides from Evodia austrosinensis. Planta Med. 2005;71:96-8 pubmed..Their structures were elucidated by 1D and 2D NMR data. Austroside A showed antibacterial activity against the Staphylococcus aureus antibiotic resistant strain...
- Zhang Q, Di Y, Li C, Fang X, Tan C, Zhang Z, et al. Daphenylline, a new alkaloid with an unusual skeleton, from Daphniphyllum longeracemosum. Org Lett. 2009;11:2357-9 pubmed publisher..Its structure and stereochemistry were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic and computational approaches. A plausible biosynthetic pathway of 1 was also proposed. ..
- Zhang Y, Yu G, Wang Y, Xiang Y, Gao Q, Jiang P, et al. Activation of protease-activated receptor (PAR) 1 by frog trefoil factor (TFF) 2 and PAR4 by human TFF2. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:3771-80 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that hTFF2 promotes cell migration via PAR4. These findings will be helpful in further investigations into the functions and molecular mechanisms of TFFs and PARs in physiology and disease. ..
- Cai X, Bao M, Zhang Y, Zeng C, Liu Y, Luo X. A new type of monoterpenoid indole alkaloid precursor from Alstonia rostrata. Org Lett. 2011;13:3568-71 pubmed publisher..We isolated the alstrostines A and B, and it was determined that they were derived from tryptophan and secologanin in a 1:2 ratio, which supported the presence of a new type of MIA precursor. ..
- Zhang H, Tiggelaar S, Sahasrabuddhe V, Smith J, Jiang C, Mei R, et al. HPV prevalence and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia among HIV-infected women in Yunnan Province, China: a pilot study. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:91-6 pubmed..To determine the prevalence of HPV and cervical neoplasia among HIV-infected women in southwestern China...
- Xiong J, Zhou L, Yang M, Lim Y, Zhu Y, Fu D, et al. ProBDNF and its receptors are upregulated in glioma and inhibit the growth of glioma cells in vitro. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:990-1007 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that proBDNF and its receptors are upregulated in high-grade glioma and might play an inhibitory effect on glioma. ..
- Wen B, Dai H, Yang Y, Zhuang Y, Sheng R. MicroRNA-23b inhibits enterovirus 71 replication through downregulation of EV71 VPl protein. Intervirology. 2013;56:195-200 pubmed publisher..Taken together, miR-23b could inhibit EV71 replication through downregulation of EV71 VPl protein. These results may enhance our understanding on the prevention and treatment of hand-foot-and-mouth disease caused by EV71 infection. ..
- Li L, Cai Y, Jiang Y, Liu J, Ma J, Yuan C, et al. A unique macrolactam derivative via a [4+6]-cycloaddition from Streptomyces niveus. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1599-1604 pubmed publisher..niveus, and displayed moderate cytotoxic activity against a panel of human tumor cell lines in vitro, with IC50 values ranging from 3.76 Â± 0.58 to 15.02 Â± 2.81 Î¼M. ..
- Yang Y, Zhou T, Liu Y, Li X, Wang W, Irwin D, et al. Identification of HNF4A Mutation p.T130I and HNF1A Mutations p.I27L and p.S487N in a Han Chinese Family with Early-Onset Maternally Inherited Type 2 Diabetes. J Diabetes Res. 2016;2016:3582616 pubmed publisher..I27L and p.S487N in HNF1A by genetic and functional analysis. Our results show that mutations in HNF4A and HNF1A genes might account for this early-onset inherited type 2 diabetes. ..
- Song J, Hu Y, Li J, Zheng H, Wang J, Guo L, et al. Different microRNA profiles reveal the diverse outcomes induced by EV71 and CA16 infection in human umbilical vein endothelial cells using high-throughput sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177657 pubmed publisher..Our data provide useful insights that may help to elucidate the different host-pathogen interactions following EV71 and CA16 infection and offer novel therapeutic targets for these infections. ..
- Tan X, Dai Q. Characterization of microRNAs expression profiles in human dental-derived pluripotent stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177832 pubmed publisher..The variation of miRNA expression in reprogrammed dental-derived pluripotent stem cells revealed different characteristics induced by iPSC generation. ..
- He Y, Xie Y, Chen Y, Qian W, Lai J, Tan D. [Cloning and analysis of a novel gene encoding N-terminal acetyltransferase subunit]. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:353-7 pubmed..Result of in situ hybridization in testis of rat showed that expression of NAT1 was high and its expression was different in different phases of spermatogenesis. The gene may play an important role in spermatogenesis. ..
- Han Q, Li M, Li S, Mou Y, Lin Z, Sun H. Ent-kaurane diterpenoids from Isodon rubescens var. lushanensis. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2003;51:790-3 pubmed..lushanensis, and the structures were elucidated by spectroscopic analysis. The inhibitory effect against the K562, Bcap37, BGC823, BIU87, CA, CNE, and Hela cell lines of compounds 3 and 5-10 were evaluated...
- Chu Z, Tsuchiya N, Kyogoku C, Ohashi J, Qian Y, Xu S, et al. Association of Fcgamma receptor IIb polymorphism with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus in Chinese: a common susceptibility gene in the Asian populations. Tissue Antigens. 2004;63:21-7 pubmed..These results strongly suggested that FCGR2B is a common susceptibility factor to SLE in the Asians. ..
- Yang C, Zhang Y, Jacob M, Khan S, Zhang Y, Li X. Antifungal activity of C-27 steroidal saponins. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2006;50:1710-4 pubmed..The antifungal potency of these compounds was not associated with cytotoxicity to mammalian cells. This suggests that the C-27 steroidal saponins may be considered potential antifungal leads for further preclinical study. ..
- Zhong S, Jin Y, Wu J, Jia Y, Xu G, Wang G, et al. Purification and characterization of a new L-amino acid oxidase from Daboia russellii siamensis venom. Toxicon. 2009;54:763-71 pubmed publisher..The MICs of DRS-LAAO against these isolates ranged from 4.5 to 36.0 microg/ml. And the MBCs of the enzyme against these isolates ranged from 9.0 to 72.0 microg/ml. ..
- Wu D, Jin W, Hao X, Tang N, Zhang Y. Evidence for positive selection on the Osteogenin (BMP3) gene in human populations. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10959 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we provide evidence for recent positive selection operating upon a crucial gene in skeletal development, which may provide new insight into the evolution of the skeletal system and bone development. ..
- Yang H, Shi P. Molecular and evolutionary analyses of formyl peptide receptors suggest the absence of VNO-specific FPRs in primates. J Genet Genomics. 2010;37:771-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that primates lack the VNO-specific FPRs and the FPR expansion is not a common phenomenon in mammals outside rodent lineage, regardless of VNO complexity...
- Peng M, He J, Liu H, Zhang Y. Tracing the legacy of the early Hainan Islanders--a perspective from mitochondrial DNA. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:46 pubmed publisher..These results correspond to both Y-chromosome and archaeological studies. ..
- Zhang J, Wen H, Guo Z, Zeng M, Li M, Jiang Y, et al. TRB3 overexpression due to endoplasmic reticulum stress inhibits AKT kinase activation of tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2011;47:934-9 pubmed publisher..TRB3 expression was closely correlated with OTSCC prognosis. Under ERS, TRB3 was up-regulated, resulting in inhibiting the activation of AKT in OTSCC. ..
- Zhi X, Chen C. WWP1: a versatile ubiquitin E3 ligase in signaling and diseases. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012;69:1425-34 pubmed publisher..In this review article, we extensively summarize the current knowledge of WWP1 with special emphasis on the roles and action of mechanism of WWP1 in signaling and human diseases. ..
- Zhao Y, Sheng Z, Huang J. A systematic analysis of heart transcriptome highlights divergent cardiovascular disease pathways between animal models and humans. Mol Biosyst. 2012;8:504-10 pubmed publisher..The integrated heart transcriptome data should provide a valuable resource for the in-depth understanding of cardiology and the development of cardiovascular disease models. ..
- Nie W. Molecular cytogenetic studies in strepsirrhine primates, Dermoptera and Scandentia. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2012;137:246-58 pubmed publisher..Various landmark rearrangements characteristic for each different lineage have been identified, as cytogenetic signatures that potentially unite certain lineages within strepsirrhine primates, Dermoptera and Scandentia...
- Zheng Y, Ye F, Wang J, Liao G, Zhang Y, Fan Q, et al. Purification, characterization and gene cloning of Da-36, a novel serine protease from Deinagkistrodon acutus venom. Toxicon. 2013;67:1-11 pubmed publisher..1) and thrombin-like protein 1 (GenBank: AAW56608.1) from the same snake species, indicating that Da-36 is a novel serine protease. ..
- Li G, Huang J. Inferring therapeutic targets from heterogeneous data: HKDC1 is a novel potential therapeutic target for cancer. Bioinformatics. 2014;30:748-52 pubmed publisher..We suggest that HKDC1 is a novel potential therapeutic target for lung cancer. firstname.lastname@example.org Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. ..
- Yu K, Cai X, Li Q, Yang Z, Xiong W, Shen T, et al. OTX1 promotes colorectal cancer progression through epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:1-5 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that OTX1 is involved in human colon carcinogenesis and may serve as a potential therapeutic target for human colorectal cancer. ..
- Li X, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Li X, Cao M, Di Y, et al. Myritonines A-C, Alkaloids from Myrioneuron tonkinensis Based on a Novel Hexacyclic Skeleton. J Nat Prod. 2016;79:1203-7 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1 and 2 showed inhibition against the hepatitis C virus in vitro. ..
- Wang W, Zhang L, Liu L, Zheng Y, Zhang Y, Yang S, et al. Chemosensitizing effect of shRNA-mediated ERCC1 silencing on a Xuanwei lung adenocarcinoma cell line and its clinical significance. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:1989-1997 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are needed to determine the mechanism of ERCC1-induced platinum resistance in lung adenoma patients from Xuanwei. ..
- Li S, Niu X, Peng L, Zhang H, Yao P, Sun H. ent-Kaurane diterpenoids from the leaves of Isodon xerophilus. Planta Med. 2002;68:946-8 pubmed..Compound 6 demonstrated most potent cytotoxic activity against K562 and T24 human tumor cell lines with IC(50) = 0.09 and 0.32 microg/ml, respectively...
- Jiang Z, Zhang X, Zhang F, Liu N, Zhao F, Zhou J, et al. A new triterpene and anti-hepatitis B virus active compounds from Alisma orientalis. Planta Med. 2006;72:951-4 pubmed..2.15 cell line with IC (50) values of 2.3, 11.0, 15.4, 14.3, 0.6 and 7.7 microM, and on HBV e antigen (HBeAg) secretion with IC (50) values of 498.1, 17.6, 41.0, 19.9, 8.5 and 5.1 microM, respectively. ..
- Yang Y, Zhu Y, Li D, Li Z, Lu H, Wu J, et al. Characterization of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency and identification of a novel haplotype 487G>A/IVS5-612(G>C) in the Achang population of Southwestern China. Sci China C Life Sci. 2007;50:479-85 pubmed..Our findings appear to be the first documented report on the G6PD genetics of the AChang people, which will provide important clues to the Achang ethnic group origin and will help prevention and treatment of malaria in this area. ..
- Zhang Y, Tian H, Wen J. The evolution of YidC/Oxa/Alb3 family in the three domains of life: a phylogenomic analysis. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:137 pubmed publisher..In some eukaryotic lineages, especially in protists, Oxa and Alb3 have diverse evolutionary histories. Finally, a model for the evolutionary history of the entire YidC/Oxa/Alb3 family in the three domains of life is proposed. ..
- Zhang P, Li D, Stewart Jones G, Shao X, Zhang Y, Chen Q, et al. A single amino acid defines cross-species reactivity of tree shrew (Tupaia belangeri) CD1d to human invariant natural killer T (iNKT) cells. Immunology. 2009;128:500-10 pubmed publisher..Also, a naturally occurring CD1d mutation(s) that confers inability to stimulate iNKT cell function may have implications for future studies on CD1d/iNKT-associated diseases...
- Yang T, Cheng Y, Li H, Jiang H, Luo C, Shan B, et al. Abnormal regional homogeneity of drug-naïve obsessive-compulsive patients. Neuroreport. 2010;21:786-90 pubmed publisher..No significant correlations between ReHo value and four clinical characteristics were found, suggesting that abnormal ReHo might be trait-related in OCD. ..
- Xi D, He Y, Sun Y, Gou X, Yang S, Mao H, et al. Molecular cloning, sequence identification and tissue expression profile of three novel genes Sfxn1, Snai2 and Cno from Black-boned sheep (Ovis aries). Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1883-7 pubmed publisher..Our experiment is the first to provide the primary foundation for further insight into these three sheep genes...
- Nian Y, Wang H, Su J, Zhou L, Qiu M. A cytotoxic 4?-methyl steroid from the aerial parts of Cimicifuga foetida L. Fitoterapia. 2012;83:293-7 pubmed publisher..37 to 17.72 ?M. This is the first time a cytotoxic 4?-methyl sterol constituent was discovered from Cimicifuga spp. ..