Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression in Kunming, Yunnan, China
Locale: Kunming, Yunnan, China
Topic: gene expression
- Liu T, Li M, Zhang Y, Pang Z, Xiao W, Yang Y, et al. A role for Innexin2 and Innexin3 proteins from Spodoptera litura in apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70456 pubmed publisher..These findings will facilitate further examinations of the apoptotic regulation by the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway and comparative studies of innexons, connexons, pannexons, and vinnexons. ..
- Zhao Y, Sheng Z, Huang J. A systematic analysis of heart transcriptome highlights divergent cardiovascular disease pathways between animal models and humans. Mol Biosyst. 2012;8:504-10 pubmed publisher..The integrated heart transcriptome data should provide a valuable resource for the in-depth understanding of cardiology and the development of cardiovascular disease models. ..
- Yu M, Cao X, Wang X, Xu J, Yang M, Ben K. Migration of mouse antibody-secreting hybridoma cells from blood to genital tract and its regulation by sex hormones are associated with the differential expression patterns of adhesion molecules and chemokines in the tract rather than in the antibod. J Reprod Immunol. 2007;74:78-89 pubmed
- Sun Z, Wei Q, Zhang Y, He X, Ji W, Su B. MicroRNA profiling of rhesus macaque embryonic stem cells. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:276 pubmed publisher..MiRNA expression patterns are generally conserved between species. However, species and/or lineage specific miRNA regulation changed during evolution. ..
- Lu Y, He X, Zheng P. Decrease in expression of maternal effect gene Mater is associated with maternal ageing in mice. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:252-60 pubmed publisher..N/A. This work was supported by the research grant from Chinese NSFC to P.Z. (31071274). We have no conflict of interests to declare. ..
- Cui H, Zhao S, Cheng M, Guo L, Ye R, Liu W, et al. Cloning and expression levels of genes relating to the ovulation rate of the Yunling black goat. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:219-26 pubmed publisher..Reduced BMP15 and FSHR levels may be related to the observed fewer oocytes and, consequently, fewer follicles. ..
- Hu T, Zhang C, Tang Q, Su Y, Li B, Chen L, et al. Variant G6PD levels promote tumor cell proliferation or apoptosis via the STAT3/5 pathway in the human melanoma xenograft mouse model. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:251 pubmed publisher..Further study will, however, be required to determine potential clinical applications. ..
- Peng C, Yang P, Cui Y, He M, Liang L, Di Y. HSPA9 overexpression inhibits apoptin-induced apoptosis in the HepG2 cell line. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:2431-7 pubmed publisher..These findings shed new light on the elucidation of the underlying mechanism of anticancer action of apoptin. ..
- Song S, Huo J, Li D, Yuan Y, Yuan F, Miao Y. Molecular cloning, sequence characterization, and gene expression profiling of a novel water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) gene, AGPAT6. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:4116-26 pubmed publisher..Four predicted microRNA target sites are found in the water buffalo AGPAT6 CDS. These results will establish a foundation for further insights into this novel water buffalo gene. ..
- Zhao H, Liu L, Du S, Wang S, Zhang Y. Comparative analysis of the Shadoo gene between cattle and buffalo reveals significant differences. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46601 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these discoveries may prove advantageous for further understanding the biology of prion diseases. ..
- Feng J, Sun J, Xin D, Wen J. Comparative analysis of the 5S rRNA and its associated proteins reveals unique primitive rather than parasitic features in Giardia lamblia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36878 pubmed publisher..Our results also imply G. lamblia might be a primitive eukaryote with secondary parasitically-degenerated features. ..
- Yonggang L. A novel porcine gene--erlin2, differentially expressed in the liver tissues from Meishan and Large White pigs. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2010;160:1047-56 pubmed publisher..Our experiment suggested that the swine erlin2 gene might play an important role in the superabundant fat deposition of Chinese pigs. ..
- Zhang P, Zhou H, Sun Z, Shao X, Zhang H, Xu X. [Cloning and tissue distribution analysis of CD1d in Rhesus macaque]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;25:581-3 pubmed..These results will provide important insights for future research on the relationship of CD1d/NKT cells and their roles in different tissues. ..
- Hu H, Liu Y, Zhao S, Deng W, Gao S. Molecular characterization and tissue expression of ovine PSAM6 gene from muscle full-length cDNA library of black-boned sheep. Anim Biotechnol. 2009;20:238-41 pubmed publisher..Tissue expression analysis indicated that this gene was generally expressed in most tissues and differently expressed in tissues of black-boned sheep. This the first report of the ovine PSAM6 gene. ..
- Gu W, Li X, Huang J, Duan Y, Meng Z, Zhang K, et al. Cloning, sequencing, and overexpression in Escherichia coli of the Enterobacter sp. Px6-4 gene for ferulic acid decarboxylase. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;89:1797-805 pubmed publisher..Our result provided a basis for further studies of the ferulic acid transformation pathway and for enhanced production of vanillin in the future...
- Zhang Y, Yu G, Jiang P, Xiang Y, Li W, Lee W, et al. Decreased expression of protease-activated receptor 4 in human gastric cancer. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:1277-83 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the loss of PAR4 expression in gastric cancers may result from hypermethylation of the PAR4 promoter. ..
- Shi J, Li W, Gao Y, Wang B, Li Y, Song Z. Enhanced rutin accumulation in tobacco leaves by overexpressing the NtFLS2 gene. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1721-1725 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the transgenic tobacco plants appeared normal except for a flower color change from light red to white suggesting that it could be a valuable material for industrial extraction of rutin. ..
- Zhou J, Liu Y, Lu Q, Zhang R, Wu Q, Li C, et al. Characterization of a Glycoside Hydrolase Family 27 ?-Galactosidase from Pontibacter Reveals Its Novel Salt-Protease Tolerance and Transglycosylation Activity. J Agric Food Chem. 2016;64:2315-24 pubmed publisher..rAgaAHJ8 showed transglycosylation activity when using sucrose, raffinose, and 3-methyl-1-butanol as the acceptors. Furthermore, potential factors for salt adaptation of the enzyme were presumed. ..
- Yang S, Arguello J, Li X, Ding Y, Zhou Q, Chen Y, et al. Repetitive element-mediated recombination as a mechanism for new gene origination in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e3 pubmed publisher..Our dataset strongly suggests an important role for REs in the generation of chimeric genes within these species. ..
- Liu Z, Wu X, Duan Y, Wang Y, Shan B, Kong J, et al. AID expression is correlated with Bcr-Abl expression in CML-LBC and can be down-regulated by As2O3 and/or imatinib. Leuk Res. 2011;35:1355-9 pubmed publisher..We also observed satisfied therapy effects of As(2)O(3) and imatinib on patients with CML blast crisis. These data suggest that decreasing AID expression in CML-LBC by As(2)O(3) may be a promising approach to CML treatment. ..
- Zhi X, Chen C. WWP1: a versatile ubiquitin E3 ligase in signaling and diseases. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012;69:1425-34 pubmed publisher..In this review article, we extensively summarize the current knowledge of WWP1 with special emphasis on the roles and action of mechanism of WWP1 in signaling and human diseases. ..
- Chang H, Zhang C, Cao Y. Expression and distribution of symplekin regulates the assembly and function of the epithelial tight junction. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;137:319-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, symplekin expression regulates the assembly of tight junctions, thus helps to maintain the integrity of the epithelial monolayer and cellular polarity. ..
- Zhu J, Zhang L, Ze S, Wang D, Yang B. Identification and tissue distribution of odorant binding protein genes in the beet armyworm, Spodoptera exigua. J Insect Physiol. 2013;59:722-8 pubmed publisher..exigua OBPs, and paves the way towards a better understanding of the chemosensory perception of this pest, which may help to uncover new targets for behavioral interference used as a control strategy...
- Liu Y, Zhang C, Chen J, Guo L, Li X, Li W, et al. Arabidopsis heat shock factor HsfA1a directly senses heat stress, pH changes, and hydrogen peroxide via the engagement of redox state. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;64:92-8 pubmed publisher..An N-terminal deletion of the amino acid residues from 48 to 74 negatively affected pH- and hydrogen peroxide-, but not heat-stress sensing. ..
- Dong Z, Tai W, Yang Y, Zhang T, Li Y, Chai Y, et al. The role of all-trans retinoic acid in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in mice. Exp Lung Res. 2012;38:82-9 pubmed publisher..ATRA may ease the bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis by inhibiting the expression of IL-6 and TGF-?, shifting the Treg/Th17 ratio and reducing the secretion of IL-17A. ..
- Yang Y, Chen J, Liu Q, Ben C, Todd C, Shi J, et al. Comparative proteomic analysis of the thermotolerant plant Portulaca oleracea acclimation to combined high temperature and humidity stress. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:3605-23 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we propose that P. oleracea employs multiple strategies to enhance its adaptation to high-temperature and high-humidity conditions...
- Yang T, Li J, Wang H, Zeng Y. A geraniol-synthase gene from Cinnamomum tenuipilum. Phytochemistry. 2005;66:285-93 pubmed..Expression of CtGES was exclusively observed in the geraniol chemotype of C. tenuipilum. Furthermore, in situ hybridization analysis demonstrated that CtGES mRNA was localized in the oil cells of the leaves...
- Yu D, Xu L, Peng L, Chen S, Liu Y, Yao Y. Genetic variations of mitochondrial antiviral signaling gene (MAVS) in domestic chickens. Gene. 2014;545:226-32 pubmed publisher..These results would cast some clues on understanding the potential role of MAVS on viral resistance in chicken. ..
- Jia J, Zeng X, Li Y, Ma S, Bai J. Ephedrine induced thioredoxin-1 expression through ?-adrenergic receptor/cyclic AMP/protein kinase A/dopamine- and cyclic AMP-regulated phosphoprotein signaling pathway. Cell Signal. 2013;25:1194-201 pubmed publisher..In addition, Eph had a significant effect on the viability of the rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cells through ?-adrenergic receptors. Trx-1 may play an important role in the actions of Eph...
- Wang X, Xu R, Wang R, Liu A. Transcriptome analysis of Sacha Inchi (Plukenetia volubilis L.) seeds at two developmental stages. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:716 pubmed publisher..Our analyses facilitate understanding of the molecular mechanisms responsible for the high unsaturated fatty acids (especially ?-linolenic acid) accumulation in Sacha Inchi seeds. ..
- Liang Y, Liu M, Wang P, Ding X, Cao Y. Analysis of 20 genes at chromosome band 12q13: RACGAP1 and MCRS1 overexpression in nonsmall-cell lung cancer. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2013;52:305-15 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that RACGAP1 and MCRS1 may be cancer-related genes in NSCLC. ..