Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Kunming, Yunnan, China
Locale: Kunming, Yunnan, China
Publications223 found, 100 shown here
- Jiang Y, Li Y, Lee W, Xu X, Zhang Y, Zhao R, et al. Venom gland transcriptomes of two elapid snakes (Bungarus multicinctus and Naja atra) and evolution of toxin genes. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:1 pubmed publisher..e., three-finger toxin (3FTx), phospholipase A2 (PLA2), kunitz-type protease inhibitor (Kunitz), and natriuretic peptide (NP)...
- Wei L, Zhang H, Tan J, Chu Y, Li N, Xue H, et al. Arthrobotrisins A-C, oligosporons from the nematode-trapping fungus Arthrobotrys oligospora. J Nat Prod. 2011;74:1526-30 pubmed publisher..This is the first time that the relative configuration of naturally occurring oligosporon metabolites has been fully determined. Compound 3 exhibited specific antibacterial activities...
- Liu J, Wang R, Huang B, Lin C, Zhou J, Pan X. Biological effects and bioaccumulation of steroidal and phenolic endocrine disrupting chemicals in high-back crucian carp exposed to wastewater treatment plant effluents. Environ Pollut. 2012;162:325-31 pubmed publisher..The results confirm that steroids and phenols bioconcentrate in fish muscle and this accumulation may account for the biological effects associated with exposures to WWTP effluents. ..
- Niu Q, Tian Y, Zhang L, Xu X, Niu X, Xia Z, et al. Overexpression of the key virulence proteases Bace16 and Bae16 in Bacillus nematocida B16 to improve its nematocidal activity. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;21:130-7 pubmed publisher..However, our tested induction conditions could not significantly improve either the proteolytic activity or the nematocidal activity of the Bae16 overexpression mutant. ..
- Chen Y, Niu Y, Yang S, He X, Ji S, Si W, et al. The available time window for embryo transfer in the rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta). Am J Primatol. 2012;74:165-73 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that the available time window for ET in rhesus monkeys is from the late follicular to early luteal phases. ..
- Zhu J, Wei S, Li Q, Yang S, Li Y. Mitochondrial genome of the pine tip moth Rhyacionia leptotubula (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae). Mitochondrial DNA. 2012;23:376-8 pubmed publisher..The mitogenome given here provides important molecular information to phylogenetic and population genetic researches. ..
- Shang S, Kong L, Yang L, Jiang J, Huang J, Zhang H, et al. Bioactive phenolics and terpenoids from Manglietia insignis. Fitoterapia. 2013;84:58-63 pubmed publisher..In addition, some compounds were tested for their cytotoxic and neurite outgrowth-promoting activities, as well as their antagonistic activity toward FXR ligand...
- Yang D, Sun B, Zhang X, Cheng D, Yu X, Yan L, et al. Huwe1 Sustains Normal Ovarian Epithelial Cell Transformation and Tumor Growth through the Histone H1.3-H19 Cascade. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4773-4784 pubmed publisher..3, which was consequently marked for destruction by proteasomes. Our results establish that HUWE1 plays an essential role in promoting ovarian cancer. Cancer Res; 77(18); 4773-84. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Niu D, Wei H, Lin L, George H, Wang T, Lee I, et al. Inactivation of porcine endogenous retrovirus in pigs using CRISPR-Cas9. Science. 2017;357:1303-1307 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights the value of PERV inactivation to prevent cross-species viral transmission and demonstrates the successful production of PERV-inactivated animals to address the safety concern in clinical xenotransplantation. ..
- Ao L, Gu X, Feng Q, Wang J, O Brien P, Fu B, et al. Karyotype relationships of six bat species (Chiroptera, Vespertilionidae) from China revealed by chromosome painting and G-banding comparison. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2006;115:145-53 pubmed..The integration of our maps with the published maps has enabled us to deduce chromosomal homologies between human and these six vesper bats and provided new insight into the karyotype evolution of the family Vespertilionidae. ..
- Jia S, Zhao L, Tang W, Luo Y. The gain of function of p53 mutant p53S in promoting tumorigenesis by cross-talking with H-RasV12. Int J Biol Sci. 2012;8:596-605 pubmed publisher..This study revealed an important aspect of gain of function for p53 mutant, therefore might shed light on the clinical strategy in targeting p53 mutant. ..
- Mitra D, Fernandez P, Bian L, Song N, Li F, Han G, et al. Smad4 loss in mouse keratinocytes leads to increased susceptibility to UV carcinogenesis with reduced Ercc1-mediated DNA repair. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2609-2616 pubmed publisher..Collectively, Smad4 loss-associated Snail reduction compromises Ercc1-mediated DNA repair, contributing to increased UV-induced skin carcinogenesis. Thus, we identified a role for Snail in UV-induced DNA repair. ..
- Pillar N, Pleniceanu O, Fang M, Ziv L, Lahav E, Botchan S, et al. A rare variant in the FHL1 gene associated with X-linked recessive hypoparathyroidism. Hum Genet. 2017;136:835-845 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that FHL1 is a novel regulator of calcium homeostasis and implicate it as the causative gene for X-linked recessive hypoparathyroidism. ..
- Xiao H, Chen S, Liu Z, Zhang R, Li W, Zan R, et al. Molecular phylogeny of Sinocyclocheilus (Cypriniformes: Cyprinidae) inferred from mitochondrial DNA sequences. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2005;36:67-77 pubmed publisher..hyalinus formed a strongly supported monophyletic group (clade V), probably reflecting their common origins. This result suggested that the diversification of Sinocyclocheilus in Yunnan may correlate with the uplifting of Yunnan Plateau...
- Cui L, Sheng A, He S, Xiao W. Birth seasonality and interbirth interval of captive Rhinopithecus bieti. Am J Primatol. 2006;68:457-63 pubmed..Infant mortality was lower in captivity than in the field, which may reflect the relatively stable food availability and climate in captivity compared to the harsh conditions in the wild. ..
- Lu G, Wu Y, Mak Y, Wai S, Feng Z, Rudd J, et al. Molecular evidence of the neuroprotective effect of Ginkgo biloba (EGb761) using bax/bcl-2 ratio after brain ischemia in senescence-accelerated mice, strain prone-8. Brain Res. 2006;1090:23-8 pubmed..Our findings indicate that the bax/bcl-2 ratio provides a suitable index of apoptosis and modulation of these markers may explain the neuroprotective action of EGb761. ..
- Wu J, Wang Y, Liu H, Yang H, Ma D, Li J, et al. Two immunoregulatory peptides with antioxidant activity from tick salivary glands. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16606-13 pubmed publisher..These results showed that immunoregulatory peptides of tick salivary glands suppress host inflammatory response by modulating cytokine secretion and detoxifying reactive oxygen species. ..
- He Y, Liu D, Xi D, Yang L, Tan Y, Liu Q, et al. Isolation, sequence identification and expression profile of three novel genes Rab2A, Rab3A and Rab7A from Black-boned sheep (Ovis aries). Mol Biol (Mosk). 2010;44:20-7 pubmed..Our experiment is the first to provide the primary foundation for a further insight into these three sheep genes. ..
- Che J, Zhou W, Hu J, Yan F, Papenfuss T, Wake D, et al. Spiny frogs (Paini) illuminate the history of the Himalayan region and Southeast Asia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13765-70 pubmed publisher..The phylogenetic history of Paini illuminates critical aspects of the timing of geological events responsible for the current geography of Southeast Asia. ..
- Li Z, Yu G, Rao D, Yang J. Phylogeography and demographic history of Babina pleuraden (Anura, Ranidae) in southwestern China. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34013 pubmed publisher..The present wide distribution of the species has resulted from recent population expansion (c. 0.053-0.025 Mya) from multiple refugia prior to the Last Glacial Maximum, corresponding to the scenario of "refugia within refugia"...
- Yang M, Su J, Liu J, Li Y. [Cloning and expression of Tssk1 & Tssk2 in mice and the presence & localization of them in mature sperm]. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012;33:381-8 pubmed..In human sperm, Tssk1 was found in neck and flagellum while Tssk2 was found in the equatorial region. Our results suggest Tssk1 and/or Tssk2 do play an important role(s) in the regulation of sperm function. ..
- Sun Y, Yang Y, Zheng H, Xi D, Lin M, Zhang X, et al. Co-expression of Erns and E2 genes of classical swine fever virus by replication-defective recombinant adenovirus completely protects pigs against virulent challenge with classical swine fever virus. Res Vet Sci. 2013;94:354-60 pubmed publisher..These results implied that the recombination adenovirus carrying the Erns-E2 genes could be used to prevent swine from classical swine fever. ..
- Luan P, Ryder O, Davis H, Zhang Y, Yu L. Incorporating indels as phylogenetic characters: impact for interfamilial relationships within Arctoidea (Mammalia: Carnivora). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2013;66:748-56 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the impact of different indel coding schemes on phylogenetic reconstruction at the family level in Carnivora, which indicates that indels should be taken into account in the future phylogenetic analyses. ..
- Nian Y, Zhu H, Tang W, Luo Y, Du J, Qiu M. Triterpenes from the aerial parts of Cimicifuga yunnanensis and their antiproliferative effects on p53(N236S) mouse embryonic fibroblasts. J Nat Prod. 2013;76:896-902 pubmed publisher..8, 8.6, and 6.0 ?M, respectively. Compound 4 exhibited greater selectivity against the p53(-/-)+p53(N236S)+H-RasV12 cells (IC50 5.5 ?M) than against the WT MEFs cells (IC50 14.3 ?M)...
- Liu H, Zhao B, Chen Y, You D, Liu R, Rong M, et al. Multiple coagulation factor deficiency protein 2 contains the ability to support stem cell self-renewal. FASEB J. 2013;27:3298-305 pubmed publisher..The ability to support stem cell self-renewal may be the general function of the conserved protein family. ..
- Kong L, Feng T, Wang Y, Li X, Ye Z, An T, et al. Bisleuconothine A, a bisindole alkaloid, inhibits colorectal cancer cell in vitro and in vivo targeting Wnt signaling. Oncotarget. 2016;7:10203-14 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study indicated that bisindole alkaloids could be included as a new chemotype of small-molecule Wnt signaling inhibitors, and have great potential to be further developed for anti-tumor agents. ..
- Shen X, Chen J, Li J, Kofler J, Herrup K. Neurons in Vulnerable Regions of the Alzheimer's Disease Brain Display Reduced ATM Signaling. Eneuro. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..This previously unknown role for the ATM kinase in AD pathogenesis suggests that the failure of ATM function may be an important contributor to the death of neurons in AD individuals. ..
- Zheng T, Yan Y, Tu Z, Luo Q, Xu F, Cheng Y. Phenolic derivatives from Blaps japanensis and their biological evaluation. Fitoterapia. 2017;120:58-60 pubmed publisher..Their structures were identified by spectroscopic methods. Biological activities of all these compounds towards EV71, tuberculosis, COX-2, ROCK1/2, and JAK3 kinases were evaluated. ..
- Zhou Q, Wang J, Huang L, Nie W, Wang J, Liu Y, et al. Neo-sex chromosomes in the black muntjac recapitulate incipient evolution of mammalian sex chromosomes. Genome Biol. 2008;9:R98 pubmed publisher..The regular mammalian X and Y chromosomes diverged from each other at least 166 to 148 million years ago, leaving few traces of their early evolution, including degeneration of the Y chromosome and evolution of dosage compensation...
- Tian L, Zhang Y, Wang Y, Lai C, Yang C. Eucalmaidins A-E, (+)-oleuropeic acid derivatives from the fresh leaves of Eucalyptus maideni. J Nat Prod. 2009;72:1608-11 pubmed publisher..Of the tested compounds, only quercetin showed slight anti-herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) activity in vitro. ..
- Li J, Yang H, Li J, Li H, Ning T, Pan X, et al. Artificial selection of the melanocortin receptor 1 gene in Chinese domestic pigs during domestication. Heredity (Edinb). 2010;105:274-81 pubmed publisher..This case provides an interesting example of a molecular evaluation of artificial livestock selection and its associated cultural impact in ancient China. ..
- Zeng W, Kong Q, Li C, Mao B. Xenopus RCOR2 (REST corepressor 2) interacts with ZMYND8, which is involved in neural differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:1024-9 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a RCOR2/ZMYND8 complex which might be involved in the regulation of neural differentiation. ..
- Niu Y, Yu Y, Bernat A, Yang S, He X, Guo X, et al. Transgenic rhesus monkeys produced by gene transfer into early-cleavage-stage embryos using a simian immunodeficiency virus-based vector. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17663-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the usefulness of SIV-based lentiviral vectors for the generation of transgenic monkeys and improve the efficiency of transgenic technology in nonhuman primates. ..
- Dong K, Pu J, Zhang H, Du X, Li X, Zou J, et al. Dibenzocyclooctadiene lignans from Kadsura polysperma and their antineurodegenerative activities. J Nat Prod. 2012;75:249-56 pubmed publisher..Selected compounds were evaluated for activity against ?-amyloid- or hydrogen peroxide-induced neurotoxicity on PC12 cells, and 1, 2, 4, 5, 13, and 16 showed statistically significant neuroprotective effects in these in vitro assays...
- Zong Y, Sun L, Liu B, Deng Y, Zhan D, Chen Y, et al. Resveratrol inhibits LPS-induced MAPKs activation via activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway in murine RAW 264.7 macrophage cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44107 pubmed publisher..7 cells. ..
- Zhao F, Yan C, Wang X, Yang Y, Wang G, Lee W, et al. Comprehensive transcriptome profiling and functional analysis of the frog (Bombina maxima) immune system. DNA Res. 2014;21:1-13 pubmed publisher..The entity of the data provides a valuable platform for further investigation on more detailed immune response in B. maxima and a comparative study with other amphibians. ..
- Yang K, Chen Y, Zhang Z, Ng P, Zhou W, Zhang Y, et al. Transcriptome analysis of different developmental stages of amphioxus reveals dynamic changes of distinct classes of genes during development. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23195 pubmed publisher..These results should build a foundation for identifying developmentally important genes, especially those regulatory factors involved in amphioxus development, and advance understanding of the developmental dynamics in vertebrates. ..
- Shen T, Yang Z, Cheng X, Xiao Y, Yu K, Cai X, et al. CXCL8 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in colon cancer cells via the PI3K/Akt/NF-?B signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2095-2100 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, overexpression of CXCL8 induced cell proliferation, migration and invasion of colon cancer LoVo cells. CXCL8 may act through induction of EMT via the PI3K/AKT/NF-?B signaling axis. ..
- Wang W, Zhang L, Liu L, Zheng Y, Zhang Y, Yang S, et al. Chemosensitizing effect of shRNA-mediated ERCC1 silencing on a Xuanwei lung adenocarcinoma cell line and its clinical significance. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:1989-1997 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are needed to determine the mechanism of ERCC1-induced platinum resistance in lung adenoma patients from Xuanwei. ..
- Song Q, Yang D, Zhang G, Yang C. Volatiles from Ficus hispida and their attractiveness to fig wasps. J Chem Ecol. 2001;27:1929-42 pubmed..Leaf extract was not attractive to the wasps. ..
- Wang W, Yu H, Long M. Duplication-degeneration as a mechanism of gene fission and the origin of new genes in Drosophila species. Nat Genet. 2004;36:523-7 pubmed publisher..The mechanism underlying this process is gene duplication with subsequent partial degeneration...
- Ye C, Li Y, Shi P, Zhang Y. Molecular evolution of growth hormone gene family in old world monkeys and hominoids. Gene. 2005;350:183-92 pubmed publisher..Our results disclosed the complex history of the primate growth hormone gene family and raised intriguing questions on the consequences of these evolutionary events...
- Zhong S, Jin Y, Wu J, Chen R, Jia Y, Wang W, et al. Characterization and molecular cloning of dabocetin, a potent antiplatelet C-type lectin-like protein from Daboia russellii siamensis venom. Toxicon. 2006;47:104-12 pubmed
- Weng Z, Huang S, Li M, Zeng Y, Han Q, Rios J, et al. Isolation of two bioactive ent-kauranoids from the leaves of Isodon xerophilus. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:6039-43 pubmed..In addition, xerophinoids A (1) and B (2) also exhibited potent cytotoxicity against several human tumor cell lines (IC50 < 11 microM), but they had no toxicity on human T-lymphocyte (C8166). ..
- Yang H, Xu X, Ma D, Zhang K, Lai R. A phospholipase A1 platelet activator from the wasp venom of Vespa magnifica (Smith). Toxicon. 2008;51:289-96 pubmed..Magnifin can activate platelet aggregation and induce thrombosis in vivo. The current results proved that PLA(1) in wasp venom could be contributable to aortic thrombosis after massive wasp stings. ..
- Liu G, Xiong Y. Molecular cloning and expression analyses of a novel swine gene--ARF4. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:455-60 pubmed..Our experiment is the first to establish the primary foundation for further research on the swine ARF4 gene. ..
- Yang H, Wang X, Liu X, Wu J, Liu C, Gong W, et al. Antioxidant peptidomics reveals novel skin antioxidant system. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:571-83 pubmed publisher..Our work possibly reveals a new skin antioxidant system. The current work also provides a large amount of peptide candidates with medical-pharmaceutical significance...
- Yu L, Jin W, Wang J, Zhang X, Chen M, Zhu Z, et al. Characterization of TRPC2, an essential genetic component of VNS chemoreception, provides insights into the evolution of pheromonal olfaction in secondary-adapted marine mammals. Mol Biol Evol. 2010;27:1467-77 pubmed publisher..Our study makes a useful contribution to the current understanding of the evolution of pheromone perception of mammals in response to selective pressures from an aquatic environment. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhao H, Yu G, Liu X, Shen J, Lee W, et al. Structure-function relationship of king cobra cathelicidin. Peptides. 2010;31:1488-93 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggested that OH-CATH(5-34) should be considered as an excellent candidate for developing therapeutic drugs. ..
- Shu F, Lv R, Zhang Y, Duan G, Wu D, Li B, et al. Characterization of Fasciola samples by ITS of rDNA sequences revealed the existence of Fasciola hepatica and Fasciola gigantica in Yunnan Province, China. J Parasitol. 2012;98:889-90 pubmed publisher..in this province...
- Zhang X, Feng Y, Ding W, Chen X, Wang C, Ma T. Characterization of a new insect cell line that is derived from the neonate larvae of Papilio xuthus (Lepidoptera: Papilionidae) and its susceptibility to AcNPV. Tissue Cell. 2012;44:137-42 pubmed publisher..The virus titer of AcNPV infected RIRI-PX1 cells was 3.25×10? TCID??/ml. We concluded that the RIRI-PX1 cell line is established from the neonate larvae tissues successfully and the cells of the cell line are sensitive to AcNPV. ..
- Yang E, Zhao H, Zhang Y, Liu J, Liao Y, Wang L, et al. A comparative study of the characteristics of two Coxsackie A virus type 16 strains (genotype B). Sci China Life Sci. 2012;55:336-42 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the biological and genetic characteristics of the CA16 viral strains are relevant to their pathogenicity. ..
- Zhu J, Yang P, Zhang Z, Wu G, Yang B. Transcriptomic immune response of Tenebrio molitor pupae to parasitization by Scleroderma guani. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54411 pubmed publisher..molitor pupae were analyzed by digital gene expression (DGE) analysis with special emphasis on parasitoid-induced immune-related genes using Illumina sequencing...
- Xu L, Fan Y, Jiang X, Yao Y. [Molecular evidence on the phylogenetic position of tree shrews]. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2013;34:70-6 pubmed publisher..dna????, ??????????????, ????????????????, ???????????dna?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????dna???????, ????????????????????????? ..
- Niu Y, Shen B, Cui Y, Chen Y, Wang J, Wang L, et al. Generation of gene-modified cynomolgus monkey via Cas9/RNA-mediated gene targeting in one-cell embryos. Cell. 2014;156:836-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, coinjection of one-cell-stage embryos with Cas9 mRNA and sgRNAs is an efficient and reliable approach for gene-modified cynomolgus monkey generation...
- Dou C, Cao Z, Ding N, Hou T, Luo F, Kang F, et al. Cordycepin Prevents Bone Loss through Inhibiting Osteoclastogenesis by Scavenging ROS Generation. Nutrients. 2016;8:231 pubmed publisher..Our observations strongly suggested that cordycepin is an efficient osteoclast inhibitor and hold potential therapeutic value in preventing bone loss among postmenopausal osteoporosis patients. ..
- Zhang Y, Xu W, Guo H, Zhang Y, He Y, Lee S, et al. NOTCH1 Signaling Regulates Self-Renewal and Platinum Chemoresistance of Cancer Stem-like Cells in Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3082-3091 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(11); 3082-91. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Zha H, Lee W, Zhang Y. Cloning of cDNAs encoding C-type lectins from Elapidae snakes Bungarus fasciatus and Bungarus multicinctus. Toxicon. 2001;39:1887-92 pubmed..To our knowledge, these are the first cDNA cloning of group VII C-type lectins (Drickamer K. 1993. Prog. Nucleic Acid Res. Mol. Biol. 45, 207-232) from Elapidae snake venom glands...
- Huang X, Liu J, Ding J, He Q, Xiong R, Zhang K. The investigation of nematocidal activity in Stenotrophomonas maltophilia G2 and characterization of a novel virulence serine protease. Can J Microbiol. 2009;55:934-42 pubmed publisher..maltophilia, suggesting a novel virulence serine protease was obtained. Our study is the first to show the nematocidal activity of S. maltophilia, and we identified a novel serine protease as an important pathogenicity factor...
- Xi D, He Y, Sun Y, Gou X, Yang S, Mao H, et al. Molecular cloning, sequence identification and tissue expression profile of three novel genes Sfxn1, Snai2 and Cno from Black-boned sheep (Ovis aries). Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1883-7 pubmed publisher..Our experiment is the first to provide the primary foundation for further insight into these three sheep genes...
- Chen X, Li Q, Li G, Xu F, Jiang C, Han L, et al. Mobilicoccus caccae sp. nov., isolated from the faeces of the primate Rhinopithecus roxellanae. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:2253-2257 pubmed publisher..nov., with the type strain YIM 101593T (=DSM 27611T=CCTCC AB 2013229T). ..
- Chen Z, Ben K, Tian B, Zheng Y. Serological survey of a captive macaque colony in China for antibodies to simian type D retroviruses. J Med Primatol. 1992;21:377-80 pubmed..Of these monkeys, 104 were seropositive by ELISA; only 23 were confirmed by Western blot. The true positive reaction to SRV was found in 15 of 463 (3.2%) M. mulatta and eight of eleven (72.7%) M. assamensis. ..
- Zheng P, Si W, Wang H, Zou R, Bavister B, Ji W. Effect of age and breeding season on the developmental capacity of oocytes from unstimulated and follicle-stimulating hormone-stimulated rhesus monkeys. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:1417-21 pubmed
- XU H, Qian Y, Nie W, Chi J, Yang F, Su B. Construction, characterization and chromosomal mapping of bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC) library of Yunnan snub-nosed monkey (Rhinopithecus bieti). Chromosome Res. 2004;12:251-62 pubmed..The DNA sequence data reported in this paper were deposited in GenBank and assigned the accession number CG891489-CG891703. ..
- Deng W, Shu W, Yang S, Shi X, Mao H. Pigmentation in Black-boned sheep (Ovis aries): association with polymorphism of the MC1R gene. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:431-6 pubmed..There would be merit in further studies using molecular techniques to elucidate the cause of black traits in these Black-boned sheep. ..
- Yu H, Chen S, Xi D, He Y, Liu Q, Mao H, et al. Molecular cloning, sequence characterization and tissue transcription profile analyses of two novel genes: LCK and CDK2 from the Black-boned sheep (Ovis aries). Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:39-45 pubmed publisher..These data serve as a foundation for further insight into these two genes. ..
- Ma Y, Liu C, Liu X, Wu J, Yang H, Wang Y, et al. Peptidomics and genomics analysis of novel antimicrobial peptides from the frog, Rana nigrovittata. Genomics. 2010;95:66-71 pubmed publisher..Some AMPs reported here will provide leading molecules for designing novel antimicrobial agents. ..
- Dong J, Wang L, Song H, Wang L, Shen K, Sun R, et al. Ophiocerol, a novel macrocylic neolignan from the aquatic fungus Ophioceras dolichostomum YMF1.00988. Nat Prod Res. 2010;24:1004-12 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1-3 were assayed for their nematicidal activity against Bursaphelenchus xylophilus as well as their antifungal activity against several plant pathogen fungi...
- Zhang D, Chen M, Murphy R, Che J, Pang J, Hu J, et al. Genealogy and palaeodrainage basins in Yunnan Province: phylogeography of the Yunnan spiny frog, Nanorana yunnanensis (Dicroglossidae). Mol Ecol. 2010;19:3406-20 pubmed publisher..Extensive population expansion probably occurred early in the Middle Pleistocene accompanying dramatic climatic oscillations. ..
- Zhang X, Feng Y, Ding W, Chen X, Wang C, Ma T. Establishment and characterization of an embryonic cell line from Gampsocleis gratiosa (Orthoptera: Tettigoniidae). In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2011;47:327-32 pubmed publisher..gratiosa. This cell line had no apparent susceptibility to Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus and Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus...
- Wang H, He Y, Yang C, Zhou W, Zou C. Hepcidin is regulated during blood-stage malaria and plays a protective role in malaria infection. J Immunol. 2011;187:6410-6 pubmed publisher..In contrast, lentiviral vector-mediated overexpression of hepcidin improved the outcome of P. berghei infection in mice. Our data demonstrate an important role of hepcidin in modulating the course and outcome of blood-stage malaria. ..
- Xia H, Ma J, Zhang G, Han J, Wang J, Zheng Y. Effect of plasma viremia on apoptosis and immunophenotype of dendritic cells subsets in acute SIVmac239 infection of Chinese rhesus macaques. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29036 pubmed publisher..However, a mere broad immune activation initiated by activated DCs may lead to tragic AIDS progression...
- Jian T, He J, He G, Feng E, Li H, Bai M, et al. Scutellarin inhibits cytochrome P450 isoenzyme 1A2 (CYP1A2) in rats. Phytother Res. 2012;26:1226-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results indicate that CYP1A2 is inhibited directly, but weakly, by scutellarin in vivo, and provide useful information on the safe and effective use of scutellarin in clinical practice...
- Yang P, Zhu J, Gong Z, Xu D, Chen X, Liu W, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the Chinese white wax scale Ericerus pela with focus on genes involved in wax biosynthesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35719 pubmed publisher..pela during peak wax secretion provided an overview of gene expression information at the transcriptional level and a resource for gene mining. Five genes related to white wax biosynthesis were identified. ..
- Zeng L, Sun Q, Jin Y, Zhang Y, Lee W, Zhang Y. Molecular cloning and characterization of a complement-depleting factor from king cobra, Ophiophagus hannah. Toxicon. 2012;60:290-301 pubmed publisher..Understanding the importance of above mentioned specific characteristics might provide useful information on structure-function relationship between CVF and complement system. ..
- Feng J, Sun J, Xin D, Wen J. Comparative analysis of the 5S rRNA and its associated proteins reveals unique primitive rather than parasitic features in Giardia lamblia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36878 pubmed publisher..Our results also imply G. lamblia might be a primitive eukaryote with secondary parasitically-degenerated features. ..
- Li W, Zhao S, Huang Y, Yang M, Pan H, Zhang X, et al. Expression of lipogenic genes during porcine intramuscular preadipocyte differentiation. Res Vet Sci. 2012;93:1190-4 pubmed publisher..This suggests that preadipocyte differentiation and lipogenesis exhibited breed-related scheduling. ..
- Wu S, Luo J, Li Q, Wang Y, Murphy R, Blair C, et al. Ecological genetics of Chinese rhesus macaque in response to mountain building: all things are not equal. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55315 pubmed publisher..Orogenesis likely drove divergence of western populations in China, and Pleistocene glaciations are likely responsible for genetic structuring in the eastern super-haplogroup via geographic isolation and secondary contact. ..
- Yang J, Ortega Hernández J, Butterfield N, Zhang X. Specialized appendages in fuxianhuiids and the head organization of early euarthropods. Nature. 2013;494:468-71 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that antenniform deutocerebral appendages with many podomeres are a plesiomorphic feature of the ancestral euarthropod head. ..
- Wang S, Huo J, Miao Y, Cheng W, Zeng Y. Complementary DNA cloning, sequence analysis, and tissue transcription profile of a novel U2AF2 gene from the Chinese Banna mini-pig inbred line. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:925-34 pubmed publisher..Three microRNA target sites were predicted in the CDS of BMI U2AF2 messenger RNA. Our results establish a foundation for further insight into this swine gene. ..
- Zhan R, Li X, Du X, Wang W, Dong K, Su J, et al. Bioactive ent-kaurane diterpenoids from Isodon rosthornii. J Nat Prod. 2013;76:1267-77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, 12 of the isolates exhibited inhibitory activity against nitric oxide production in LPS-activated RAW264.7 macrophages. ..
- Yang J, Rao D, Wang Y. A new species of the genus Liuixalus (Anura: Rhacophoridae) from southern China. Zootaxa. 2015;3990:247-58 pubmed publisher..calcarius. Thus, with the description of the new species, the genus Liuixalus hitherto contains five recognized species, four of which are endemic to China. ..
- Wang G, Zhai W, Yang H, Wang L, Zhong L, Liu Y, et al. Out of southern East Asia: the natural history of domestic dogs across the world. Cell Res. 2016;26:21-33 pubmed publisher..For the first time, our study unravels an extraordinary journey that the domestic dog has traveled on earth. ..
- Zhao Y, Shang J, Pu S, Wang H, Wang B, Liu L, et al. Effect of total alkaloids from Alstonia scholaris on airway inflammation in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;178:258-65 pubmed publisher..Finally, histopathological examination indicated that total alkaloids attenuated tissue injury of the lungs in LPS-induced AI. Total alkaloids have an inhibitory effect against LPS-induced airway inflammation in rats. ..