Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
Locale: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
Publications157 found, 100 shown here
- Han L, Zhang A, Zhou X, Xu P, Wang G, Pu P, et al. Downregulation of Dicer enhances tumor cell proliferation and invasion. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:299-305 pubmed
- Zhang C, Zhang J, Zhang A, Wang Y, Han L, You Y, et al. PUMA is a novel target of miR-221/222 in human epithelial cancers. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:1621-6 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that PUMA is a direct target of miR-221/222 that functions as an endogenous apoptosis regulator in these epithelial cancers. ..
- Xu Y, Zhang Z, Zheng Y, Feng S. MicroRNA-221 Regulates Hypertrophy of Ligamentum Flavum in Lumbar Spinal Stenosis by Targeting TIMP-2. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2016;41:275-82 pubmed publisher..The downregulation of miR-221 might contribute to LF hypertrophy by promoting collagens I and III expression via the induction of TIMP-2. Our study also underscores the potential of miR-221 as a novel therapeutic target in LSS. 3. ..
- Yeh D, Chen Y, Lai C, Liu Y, Lu C, Lo J, et al. Downregulation of COMMD1 by miR-205 promotes a positive feedback loop for amplifying inflammatory- and stemness-associated properties of cancer cells. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:841-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that COMMD1 downregulation by miR-205 promotes tumor development by modulating a positive feedback loop that amplifies inflammatory- and stemness-associated properties of cancer cells. ..
- Hu N, Zhang J, Cui W, Kong G, Zhang S, Yue L, et al. miR-520b regulates migration of breast cancer cells by targeting hepatitis B X-interacting protein and interleukin-8. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:13714-22 pubmed publisher..These studies point to HBXIP as a potential therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- Zhao K, Wang Q, Wang Y, Huang K, Yang C, Li Y, et al. EGFR/c-myc axis regulates TGFÎ²/Hippo/Notch pathway via epigenetic silencing miR-524 in gliomas. Cancer Lett. 2017;406:12-21 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-524 mediates the EGFR/EGFRvIII stimulating effect. It may serve as a potential therapeutic agent and classical-specific biomarker for the development of glioma. ..
- Miao Y, Li J, Qiu X, Li Y, Wang Z, Luan Y. miR-27a regulates the self renewal of the H446 small cell lung cancer cell line in vitro. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:161-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that downregulation of miR-27a enhanced the stem-like properties of SCLC cells in vitro and may be critical to maintaining a stem cell function in SCLC. ..
- You X, Liu F, Zhang T, Li Y, Ye L, Zhang X. Hepatitis B virus X protein upregulates oncogene Rab18 to result in the dysregulation of lipogenesis and proliferation of hepatoma cells. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:1644-52 pubmed publisher..HBx enhances hepatocarcinogenesis through leading to the dysregulation of lipogenesis and proliferation of hepatoma cells, involving two pathways such as HBx/COX-2/5-LOX/AP-1/CREB/Rab18 and HBx/miR-429/Rab18. ..
- Yang Z, Chen S, Luan X, Li Y, Liu M, Li X, et al. MicroRNA-214 is aberrantly expressed in cervical cancers and inhibits the growth of HeLa cells. IUBMB Life. 2009;61:1075-82 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that miR-214 negatively regulates HeLa cell proliferation by targeting the noncoding regions of MEK3 and JNK1 mRNAs. ..
- Jiang N, Yang Y, Janbon G, Pan J, Zhu X. Identification and functional demonstration of miRNAs in the fungus Cryptococcus neoformans. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52734 pubmed publisher..This study identified functional miRNAs in C. neoformans, and sheds light on the diversity and evolutionary origin of eukaryotic miRNAs. ..
- Zhou X, Ren Y, Moore L, Mei M, You Y, Xu P, et al. Downregulation of miR-21 inhibits EGFR pathway and suppresses the growth of human glioblastoma cells independent of PTEN status. Lab Invest. 2010;90:144-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies provide evidence that miR-21 may serve as a novel therapeutic target for malignant gliomas independent of PTEN status. ..
- Zhang J, Han L, Ge Y, Zhou X, Zhang A, Zhang C, et al. miR-221/222 promote malignant progression of glioma through activation of the Akt pathway. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:913-20 pubmed..Our results suggest that miR-221/222 co-enhance the glioma malignant phenotype via activation of the Akt pathway mediated by regulation of common gene expression. ..
- Min S, Li L, Zhang M, Liang X, Xie Y, He Q, et al. TGF-?-associated miR-27a inhibits dendritic cell-mediated differentiation of Th1 and Th17 cells by TAB3, p38 MAPK, MAP2K4 and MAP2K7. Genes Immun. 2012;13:621-31 pubmed publisher..The repeated infusion of miR-27a-engineered DCs into tumor tissues accelerated tumor growth, indicating that miR-27a is a potential target for tumor immunotherapy. ..
- Kang H, Wang F, Wei Q, Zhao Y, Liu M, Li X, et al. miR-20a promotes migration and invasion by regulating TNKS2 in human cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:897-904 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we concluded that miR-20a can promote migration and invasion of cervical cancer cells through the upregulation of TNKS2. ..
- Wu H, Xiao Z, Wang K, Liu W, Hao Q. MiR-145 is downregulated in human ovarian cancer and modulates cell growth and invasion by targeting p70S6K1 and MUC1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:693-700 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data imply that miR-145 has potential as a miRNA-based therapeutic target for ovarian cancer. ..
- Chen L, Zhang A, Li Y, Zhang K, Han L, Du W, et al. MiR-24 regulates the proliferation and invasion of glioma by ST7L via ?-catenin/Tcf-4 signaling. Cancer Lett. 2013;329:174-80 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that miR-24 upregulation is common in glioma and that suppression of miR-24 expression inhibits cell proliferation and invasion, suggesting that miR-24 may act as an oncogene in glioma. ..
- Liu T, Tang H, Lang Y, Liu M, Li X. MicroRNA-27a functions as an oncogene in gastric adenocarcinoma by targeting prohibitin. Cancer Lett. 2009;273:233-42 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of prohibitin by miR-27a may explain why suppression of miR-27a can inhibit gastric cancer cell growth, further supporting that miR-27a functions as an oncogene. ..
- Wang Y, Guo R, Guo R, Sheng W, Yin L. MicroRNA-182 promotes cell growth, invasion, and chemoresistance by targeting programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) in human ovarian carcinomas. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:1464-73 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in ovarian cancer cells, miR-182 acts as an oncogenic miRNA by directly and negatively regulating PDCD4. ..
- Kong G, Zhang J, Zhang S, Shan C, Ye L, Zhang X. Upregulated microRNA-29a by hepatitis B virus X protein enhances hepatoma cell migration by targeting PTEN in cell culture model. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19518 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that miR-29a is involved in the regulation of migration of hepatoma cells mediated by HBx through PTEN in cell culture model. ..
- Li M, Zhang J, Liang Q, Xuan C, Wu J, Jiang P, et al. Exploring genetic associations with ceRNA regulation in the human genome. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:5653-5665 pubmed publisher..These results provide a comprehensive catalog of functional non-coding regulatory variants that may be responsible for ceRNA crosstalk at the post-transcriptional level. ..
- Lan F, Yue X, Han L, Shi Z, Yang Y, Pu P, et al. Genome-wide identification of TCF7L2/TCF4 target miRNAs reveals a role for miR-21 in Wnt-driven epithelial cancer. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:519-26 pubmed publisher..In sum, our findings identify direct transcriptional regulation of miR-21 by TCF4 and suggest a role for miR-21 in cancer cell proliferation and invasion upon activation of ?-catenin/TCF4 signaling. ..
- Hou Y, Cao W, Li L, Li S, Liu T, Wan H, et al. MicroRNA-519d targets MKi67 and suppresses cell growth in the hepatocellular carcinoma cell line QGY-7703. Cancer Lett. 2011;307:182-90 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-519d targets the MKi67 transcript and suppresses HCC cell growth, suggesting that miR-519d has a tumor suppressive role in human HCC pathogenesis. ..
- Zhang L, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. miR-490-3p modulates cell growth and epithelial to mesenchymal transition of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by targeting endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment protein 3 (ERGIC3). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4035-47 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study indicated for the first time that miR-490-3p functioned like an oncogenic miRNA in HCC cells and that the inhibition of miR-490-3p might provide an potential treatment approach for HCC patients. ..
- Wang J, Zhang L, Ma Y, Xiao J, Zhang Y, Liu M, et al. microRNA-34a-Upregulated Retinoic Acid-Inducible Gene-I Promotes Apoptosis and Delays Cell Cycle Transition in Cervical Cancer Cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:267-79 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the mechanisms that underlie carcinogenesis and may provide new biomarkers for the diagnosis and therapy of cervical cancer. ..
- Wan H, Guo L, Liu T, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. Regulation of the transcription factor NF-kappaB1 by microRNA-9 in human gastric adenocarcinoma. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:16 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-9 targets NF-kappaB1 and regulates gastric cancer cell growth, suggesting that miR-9 shows tumor suppressive activity in human gastric cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Zhang C, Han L, Zhang A, Yang W, Zhou X, Pu P, et al. Global changes of mRNA expression reveals an increased activity of the interferon-induced signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) pathway by repression of miR-221/222 in glioblastoma U251 cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:1503-12 pubmed..These data indicate for the first time a mechanism involving STAT1/2 upregulation under the transcriptional control of INF-alpha signaling after knockdown of miR-221/222 cluster in U251 glioma cells. ..
- Liu X, Li G, Su Z, Jiang Z, Chen L, Wang J, et al. Poly(amido amine) is an ideal carrier of miR-7 for enhancing gene silencing effects on the EGFR pathway in U251 glioma cells. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:1387-94 pubmed publisher..These investigations provide a basis for developing high-efficiency micromolecular drug delivery. ..
- Song Z, Ren H, Gao S, Zhao X, Zhang H, Hao J. The clinical significance and regulation mechanism of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 and miR-191 expression in pancreatic cancer. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:11319-28 pubmed publisher..The expression of miR-191 closely associated with the tumor size, pTNM stage, lymph node metastasis and perineural invasion and poor prognosis of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Yan Y, Luo Y, Wan H, Wang J, Zhang P, Liu M, et al. MicroRNA-10a is involved in the metastatic process by regulating Eph tyrosine kinase receptor A4-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition and adhesion in hepatoma cells. Hepatology. 2013;57:667-77 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the importance of miR-10a in regulating the metastatic properties of HCC by directly targeting EphA4 and may provide new insights into the pathogenesis of HCC. ..
- Nan Y, Han L, Zhang A, Wang G, Jia Z, Yang Y, et al. MiRNA-451 plays a role as tumor suppressor in human glioma cells. Brain Res. 2010;1359:14-21 pubmed publisher..We propose an essential role for miR-451 as a tumor-suppressor of human glioma. ..
- Sun S, Yu F, Zhang L, Zhou X. EZH2, an on-off valve in signal network of tumor cells. Cell Signal. 2016;28:481-487 pubmed publisher..In addition, we focus on different functions of phosphorylatied EZH2 in tumor cells. Finally, EZH2 inhibitors are summarized and newly-discovered strategies of targeting-EZH2 treatment are prospected. ..
- Wang J, Guan X, Guo F, Zhou J, Chang A, Sun B, et al. miR-30e reciprocally regulates the differentiation of adipocytes and osteoblasts by directly targeting low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 6. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e845 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present work suggests that the expression of miR-30e is indispensable for maintaining the balance of adipocytes and osteoblasts by targeting the canonical Wnt/?-catenin signaling. ..
- Liu S, Zhang P, Chen Z, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MicroRNA-7 downregulates XIAP expression to suppress cell growth and promote apoptosis in cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:2247-53 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-7 targeted and downregulated the oncogene XIAP to regulate the effect of miR-7 on apoptosis and malignant behaviors of HeLa and C-33A cells. ..
- Zhang J, Sun C, Yu S, Wang Q, An T, Li Y, et al. [Relationship between miR-218 and CDK6 expression and their biological impact on glioma cell proliferation and apoptosis]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2011;40:454-9 pubmed..These findings imply that miR-218 may serve as a therapeutic agent against malignant glioma. ..
- Li J, Shi W, Gao Y, Yang B, Jing X, Shan S, et al. Analysis of microRNA expression profiles in human hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin Lab. 2013;59:1009-15 pubmed..To screen for HCC-specific miRNAs, this study investigated the differentially expressed miRNAs between HCC and matched non-tumorous tissue (NT)...
- Jia Z, Wang K, Wang G, Zhang A, Pu P. MiR-30a-5p antisense oligonucleotide suppresses glioma cell growth by targeting SEPT7. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55008 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates,for the first time, that miR-30a-5p is a bona fide negative regulator of SEPT7 and the oncogenic activity of miR-30a-5p in human gliomas is at least in part through the repression of SEPT7. ..
- Li S, Li Z, Guo F, Qin X, Liu B, Lei Z, et al. miR-223 regulates migration and invasion by targeting Artemin in human esophageal carcinoma. J Biomed Sci. 2011;18:24 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that ARTN, a known tumor metastasis-related gene, is a direct target of miR-223 and that miR-223 may have a tumor suppressor function in esophageal carcinoma and could be used in anticancer therapies. ..
- Li Y, Wang Y, Yu L, Sun C, Cheng D, Yu S, et al. miR-146b-5p inhibits glioma migration and invasion by targeting MMP16. Cancer Lett. 2013;339:260-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the restoration of miR-146b-5p expression may be a feasible approach for inhibiting the migration and invasion of malignant gliomas. ..
- Zhang G, Li Y, Zheng S, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. Suppression of hepatitis B virus replication by microRNA-199a-3p and microRNA-210. Antiviral Res. 2010;88:169-75 pubmed publisher..2.15 cells compared to HepG2 cells may play a role in regulating HBV replication and maintenance of a suitable level of virion production in persistent infection by targeting crucial HBV genes. ..
- Chen L, Zhang W, Yan W, Han L, Zhang K, Shi Z, et al. The putative tumor suppressor miR-524-5p directly targets Jagged-1 and Hes-1 in glioma. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:2276-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified that miR-524-5p behaves as a tumor suppressor by negatively targeting Jagged-1 and Hes-1 and provides an additional option to inhibit this oncogene in gliomas. ..
- Cong N, Du P, Zhang A, Shen F, Su J, Pu P, et al. Downregulated microRNA-200a promotes EMT and tumor growth through the wnt/?-catenin pathway by targeting the E-cadherin repressors ZEB1/ZEB2 in gastric adenocarcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:1579-87 pubmed publisher..The effect of miR-200a on Wnt/?-catenin signaling may provide a therapeutic target against EMT. ..
- Wang Y, Li Y, Sun J, Wang Q, Sun C, Yan Y, et al. Tumor-suppressive effects of miR-29c on gliomas. Neuroreport. 2013;24:637-45 pubmed publisher..At least some of its tumor-suppressive effects are mediated by specifically downregulating the expression of CDK6. Therefore, miR-29c can be used as a tumor suppressor in the gene therapy of malignant gliomas. ..
- Jin C, Li Y, Ding X, Li X, Zhang L, Liu X, et al. lnc133b, a novel, long non-coding RNA, regulates bovine skeletal muscle satellite cell proliferation and differentiation by mediating miR-133b. Gene. 2017;630:35-43 pubmed publisher..The current study provides a new perspective for understanding the mechanism regulating satellite cell proliferation and differentiation through the interaction of miR-133b and lnc133b. ..
- Qin N, Chen Y, Jin M, Zhang C, Qiao W, Yue X, et al. Anti-obesity and anti-diabetic effects of flavonoid derivative (Fla-CN) via microRNA in high fat diet induced obesity mice. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016;82:52-63 pubmed publisher..This is the first report for the action of miR-27 by flavonoid derivative in rodents. The action of Fla-CN might be through multiple approaches including AMPK activation and enhancement in miR-27 expression. ..
- Li Y, Li Y, Liu J, Fan Y, Li X, Dong M, et al. Expression levels of microRNA-145 and microRNA-10b are associated with metastasis in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2016;17:272-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-10b and miR-145 may act as an oncogene or tumor suppressor gene, respectively, in NSCLC metastasis. ..
- Li X, Wang H, Peng X, Zhou H, Wang X. miR-1297 mediates PTEN expression and contributes to cell progression in LSCC. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;427:254-60 pubmed publisher..Our results document a new epigenetic mechanism for PTEN regulation in LSCC, which is crucial for the development of these tumors. ..
- Min S, Liang X, Zhang M, Zhang Y, Mei S, Liu J, et al. Multiple tumor-associated microRNAs modulate the survival and longevity of dendritic cells by targeting YWHAZ and Bcl2 signaling pathways. J Immunol. 2013;190:2437-46 pubmed publisher..Use of miR-22 and miR-503 as inhibitors may therefore represent a new strategy to improve DC-based immunotherapies against tumors. ..
- Ning T, Zhang H, Wang X, Li S, Zhang L, Deng T, et al. miR-221 and miR-222 synergistically regulate hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1 to promote cell proliferation and migration in gastric cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701636 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data illustrated a novel pathway comprising miR-221and miR-222 and hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1 in gastric cancer, which is a potential target for future clinical use. ..
- Zheng X, Li J, Peng C, Zhao J, Chi J, Meng X, et al. MicroRNA-24 induces cisplatin resistance by targeting PTEN in human tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol. 2015;51:998-1003 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-24 could be important targets for intervention of this malignancy. ..
- Zhao N, Sun H, Sun B, Zhu D, Zhao X, Wang Y, et al. miR-27a-3p suppresses tumor metastasis and VM by down-regulating VE-cadherin expression and inhibiting EMT: an essential role for Twist-1 in HCC. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23091 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the importance of miR-27a-3p and suggest a promising new strategy for anti-HCC therapy. ..
- Zhang S, Shan C, Kong G, Du Y, Ye L, Zhang X. MicroRNA-520e suppresses growth of hepatoma cells by targeting the NF-?B-inducing kinase (NIK). Oncogene. 2012;31:3607-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, our finding provides new insight into the mechanism of hepatocarcinogenesis, indicating a therapeutic potential of miR-520e in the treatment of HCC. ..
- Han Z, Yang Z, Chi Y, Zhang L, Wang Y, Ji Y, et al. MicroRNA-124 suppresses breast cancer cell growth and motility by targeting CD151. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;31:823-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight an important role of miR-124 in the regulation of invasion and metastasis by breast cancer cells and suggest a potential application for miR-124 in breast cancer treatment. ..
- Qian P, He X, Paulson A, Li Z, Tao F, Perry J, et al. The Dlk1-Gtl2 Locus Preserves LT-HSC Function by Inhibiting the PI3K-mTOR Pathway to Restrict Mitochondrial Metabolism. Cell Stem Cell. 2016;18:214-28 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore show that the imprinted Dlk1-Gtl2 locus preserves LT-HSC function by restricting mitochondrial metabolism. ..
- Ye Y, Li Z, Feng Q, Chen Z, Wu Z, Wang J, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-145 may contribute to liver fibrosis in biliary atresia by targeting ADD3. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180896 pubmed publisher..MiR-145-5p was confirmed to target ADD3 by luciferase reporter assay. The downregulation of miR-145 may contribute to liver fibrosis in BA by upregulating the expression of ADD3. ..
- Yang S, Du J, Wang Z, Yan J, Yuan W, Zhang J, et al. Dual mechanism of deltaEF1 expression regulated by bone morphogenetic protein-6 in breast cancer. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:853-61 pubmed publisher..Our study has provided novel findings of a dual mechanism for BMP-6-regulated deltaEF1 expression in breast cancer cells, involving cross-talks between AP-1-mediated transcriptional repression and miRs-mediated translational inhibition. ..
- Zhao J, Chi J, Gao M, Zhi J, Li Y, Zheng X. Loss of PTEN Expression Is Associated With High MicroRNA 24 Level and Poor Prognosis in Patients With Tongue Squamous Cell Carcinoma. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75:1449.e1-1449.e8 pubmed publisher..This study suggested that PTEN expression was negatively correlated with the miR-24 level in TSCC. The loss of PTEN expression may serve as a predictor of unfavorable prognosis for TSCC patients. ..
- Song F, Zheng H, Liu B, Wei S, Dai H, Zhang L, et al. An miR-502-binding site single-nucleotide polymorphism in the 3'-untranslated region of the SET8 gene is associated with early age of breast cancer onset. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:6292-300 pubmed publisher..Larger studies with multiethnic groups are warranted to validate our findings. ..
- Li F, Guo Y, Liu J, Zhang R. The significance of elevated plasma expression of microRNA 106b~25 clusters in gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178427 pubmed publisher..05). Plasma miR 106b~25 cluster, especially miR 106b, were significantly increased in GC patients and may be hopeful diagnostic biomarkers. ..
- Wang F, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MiR-214 reduces cell survival and enhances cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity via down-regulation of Bcl2l2 in cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:488-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that miR-214 might be a candidate target for the development of novel therapeutic strategies to treat cervical cancer. ..
- Yan X, Liang H, Deng T, Zhu K, Zhang S, Wang N, et al. The identification of novel targets of miR-16 and characterization of their biological functions in cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:92 pubmed publisher..In summary, the present study identifies several novel miR-16 targets and illustrates a novel function of miR-16 targeting MAP7 in modulating proliferation in cancer cells. ..
- Wang Y, Li H, Wang X, Yuan M, Li G. Probucol inhibits MMP-9 expression through regulating miR-497 in HUVECs and apoE knockout mice. Thromb Res. 2016;140:51-58 pubmed publisher..05), which decreased the MAPK/ERK signaling and MMP-9 levels (p<0.05). Probucol inhibits MMP-9 expression through regulating miR-497 in HUVECs and apoE knockout mice. ..
- Lyu S, Yu Q, Ying G, Wang S, Wang Y, Zhang J, et al. Androgen receptor decreases CMYC and KRAS expression by upregulating let-7a expression in ER-, PR-, AR+ breast cancer. Int J Oncol. 2014;44:229-37 pubmed publisher..Androgen-induced AR activating signal upregulates let-7a that targets CMYC and KRAS and contributes to ER-, PR-, AR+ breast cancer pathogenesis. Elucidation of this pathway will help develop new therapies. ..
- Long M, Wu F, Li P, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MicroRNA-10a targets CHL1 and promotes cell growth, migration and invasion in human cervical cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2012;324:186-96 pubmed publisher..Finally, overexpression of CHL1 lacked the 3'UTR abolished the effects of miR-10a. Our results may provide a strategy for blocking tumor metastasis. ..
- Han S, Kong Y, Sun B, Han Q, Chen Y, Wang Y. microRNA-218 Inhibits Oxygen-induced Retinal Neovascularization via Reducing the Expression of Roundabout 1. Chin Med J (Engl). 2016;129:709-15 pubmed publisher..Our experiments showed that restoration of miR-218 inhibited retinal angiogenesis via targeting Robo1. MiR-218 contributed to the inhibition of retinal angiogenesis and miR-218 might be a new therapeutic target for preventing RNV. ..
- Zhang C, Zhang J, Hao J, Shi Z, Wang Y, Han L, et al. High level of miR-221/222 confers increased cell invasion and poor prognosis in glioma. J Transl Med. 2012;10:119 pubmed publisher..The present data indicate that miR-221 and miR-222 directly regulate cell invasion by targeting TIMP3 and act as prognostic factors for glioma patients. ..
- Wang J, Li J, Wang X, Zheng C, Ma W. Downregulation of microRNA-214 and overexpression of FGFR-1 contribute to hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:47-53 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-214 and FGFR-1 are potential prognostic markers and therapeutic targets in HCC. ..
- Huang B, Yang H, Cheng X, Wang D, Fu S, Shen W, et al. tRF/miR-1280 Suppresses Stem Cell-like Cells and Metastasis in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3194-3206 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they provide evidence that functionally active miRNA can be derived from tRNA, offering potential biomarker and therapeutic uses. Cancer Res; 77(12); 3194-206. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Fu X, Tian J, Zhang L, Chen Y, Hao Q. Involvement of microRNA-93, a new regulator of PTEN/Akt signaling pathway, in regulation of chemotherapeutic drug cisplatin chemosensitivity in ovarian cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1279-86 pubmed publisher..These results may have implications for therapeutic strategies aiming to overcome ovarian cancer cell resistance to cisplatin. ..
- Wei Q, Li Y, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MiR-17-5p targets TP53INP1 and regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis of cervical cancer cells. IUBMB Life. 2012;64:697-704 pubmed publisher..The same correlations between miR-17-5p and TP53INP1 were observed in cervical cancer tissues. Together, these results indicated that miR-17-5p functions as a tumor suppressor in cervical cancer cells by targeting TP53INP1. ..
- Wang J, Duan L, Guo T, Gao Y, Tian L, Liu J, et al. Downregulation of miR-30c promotes renal fibrosis by target CTGF in diabetic nephropathy. J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30:406-14 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggested that loss of miR-30c may contribute to the pathogenesis of DN by inhibiting target CTGF expression; replenishing miR-30c may ameliorate renal structure and function by reducing renal fibrosis in DN. ..
- Du J, Yang S, An D, Hu F, Yuan W, Zhai C, et al. BMP-6 inhibits microRNA-21 expression in breast cancer through repressing deltaEF1 and AP-1. Cell Res. 2009;19:487-96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BMP-6-induced inhibition of miR-21 suggests that BMP-6 may function as an anti-metastasis factor by a mechanism involving transcriptional repression of miR-21 in breast cancer. ..
- Wu H, Liu T, Wang R, Tian S, Liu M, Li X, et al. MicroRNA-16 targets zyxin and promotes cell motility in human laryngeal carcinoma cell line HEp-2. IUBMB Life. 2011;63:101-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of zyxin could also restrain cell movement and enhance cell-cell adhesion. The study of miR-16 and its target zyxin will shed light on diagnosis and therapy of laryngeal cancer. ..
- Zhang M, Liu Q, Mi S, Liang X, Zhang Z, Su X, et al. Both miR-17-5p and miR-20a alleviate suppressive potential of myeloid-derived suppressor cells by modulating STAT3 expression. J Immunol. 2011;186:4716-24 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-17-5p and miR-20a could potentially be used for immunotherapy against diseases, especially cancer, by blocking STAT3 expression. ..
- Liu R, Zhang H, Wang X, Zhou L, Li H, Deng T, et al. The miR-24-Bim pathway promotes tumor growth and angiogenesis in pancreatic carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:43831-42 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a new pathway comprising miR-24 and Bim can be used in the exploration of drug-target therapy of PaC. ..
- Meng F, Zhang L, Shao Y, Ma Q, Lv H. MicroRNA-377 inhibits non-small-cell lung cancer through targeting AEG-1. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13853-63 pubmed..In conclusion, our results suggested that miR-377 played an important role in the development of NSCLC by regulating AEG-1 and may be a potential therapeutic target for NSCLC. ..
- Sun X, Xu C, Tang S, Wang J, Wang H, Wang P, et al. Let-7c blocks estrogen-activated Wnt signaling in induction of self-renewal of breast cancer stem cells. Cancer Gene Ther. 2016;23:83-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings identified a biochemical and functional link between let-7c with ER?/Wnt signaling in breast cancer stem cells. ..
- Hao M, Zhang L, An G, Meng H, Han Y, Xie Z, et al. Bone marrow stromal cells protect myeloma cells from bortezomib induced apoptosis by suppressing microRNA-15a expression. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:1787-94 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that via suppressing miRNA-15a expression, BMSCs provide survival support and protect myeloma cells from bortezomib induced apoptosis. ..
- Zhang X, Chang A, Li Y, Gao Y, Wang H, Ma Z, et al. miR-140-5p regulates adipocyte differentiation by targeting transforming growth factor-Î² signaling. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18118 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study provides evidences that miR-140-5p regulates adipocyte differentiation through a C/EBP/miR-140-5p/TGFBR1 regulatory feedback loop. ..
- Zhang B, Zhao R, He Y, Fu X, Fu L, Zhu Z, et al. MicroRNA 100 sensitizes luminal A breast cancer cells to paclitaxel treatment in part by targeting mTOR. Oncotarget. 2016;7:5702-14 pubmed publisher..In addition, patients with lower levels of miR-100 expression had worse overall survival. These results suggest that miR-100 plays a causal role in determining the sensitivity of breast cancers to paclitaxel treatment. ..
- Zu C, Liu T, Zhang G. MicroRNA-506 Inhibits Malignancy of Colorectal Carcinoma Cells by Targeting LAMC1. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:666-674 pubmed..miR-506 acts as a tumor suppressor and inhibits malignancy of colorectal cancer cells through directly targeting LAMC1. ..
- Pang H, Yue X. MiR-205 serves as a prognostic factor and suppresses proliferation and invasion by targeting insulin-like growth factor receptor 1 in human cervical cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701308 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-205/insulin-like growth factor receptor 1 pathway may be of great benefit to cervical cancer patients. ..
- Chai H, Liu M, Tian R, Li X, Tang H. miR-20a targets BNIP2 and contributes chemotherapeutic resistance in colorectal adenocarcinoma SW480 and SW620 cell lines. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2011;43:217-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggested that miR-20a may play a role in colorectal adenocarcinoma cancer cell drug resistance and may be a therapeutic target against chemotherapy drug resistance in colorectal adenocarcinoma. ..
- Zheng H, Song F, Zhang L, Yang D, Ji P, Wang Y, et al. Genetic variants at the miR-124 binding site on the cytoskeleton-organizing IQGAP1 gene confer differential predisposition to breast cancer. Int J Oncol. 2011;38:1153-61 pubmed publisher..00-1.83). The expression levels of IQGAP1 protein were significantly higher in the TT genotype compated to the AA genotype. The presence of SNPs at the miR-124 binding site may be a marker for predicting breast cancer risk and prognosis. ..
- Li H, Zhao H, Xue F, Zhang X, Zhang D, Ge J, et al. Reduced expression of MIR409-3p in primary immune thrombocytopenia. Br J Haematol. 2013;161:128-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, in ITP patients, decreased DGCR8 leads to down-regulation of MIR409-3p, which in turn results in up-regulation of IFNG (IFN-?). ..
- Xu Y, Wu H, Ma H, Xu L, Huo Y, Yin L. MicroRNA-503 suppresses proliferation and cell-cycle progression of endometrioid endometrial cancer by negatively regulating cyclin D1. FEBS J. 2013;280:3768-79 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study suggested that miR-503 plays a tumor-suppressor role by targeting CCND1. Abnormal suppression of miR-503 leads to an increase in the CCND1 level, which may promote carcinogenesis and progression of EEC. ..
- Yang L, Wang Y, Liu S, Zhang P, Chen Z, Liu M, et al. miR-181b promotes cell proliferation and reduces apoptosis by repressing the expression of adenylyl cyclase 9 (AC9) in cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:124-30 pubmed publisher..miR-181b restricted cAMP production by post-transcriptionally downregulating AC9 expression. Phenotypic experiments indicated that miR-181b and AC9 exerted opposite effects on cell proliferation and apoptosis. ..