Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
Locale: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Long M, Wu F, Li P, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MicroRNA-10a targets CHL1 and promotes cell growth, migration and invasion in human cervical cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2012;324:186-96 pubmed publisher..Finally, overexpression of CHL1 lacked the 3'UTR abolished the effects of miR-10a. Our results may provide a strategy for blocking tumor metastasis. ..
- Hou W, Luo Z, Zhang G, Cao D, Li D, Ruan H, et al. Click chemistry-based synthesis and anticancer activity evaluation of novel C-14 1,2,3-triazole dehydroabietic acid hybrids. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:1042-1052 pubmed publisher..Preliminary mechanism studies indicated that compound 24 could induce apoptosis in MDA-MB-231 cells and was worth developing into a novel natural product-like anticancer lead by proper structure modification. ..
- Cui R, Gale R, Xu Z, Qin T, Fang L, Zhang H, et al. Clinical importance of SF3B1 mutations in Chinese with myelodysplastic syndromes with ring sideroblasts. Leuk Res. 2012;36:1428-33 pubmed publisher..These data increase our knowledge of the impact of SF3B1 mutations in persons with MDS. They indicate a similar favorable impact of SF3B1 mutation on survival in Chinese with MDS as reported for persons of European descent. ..
- Peng R, Wan H, Li H, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MicroRNA-214 suppresses growth and invasiveness of cervical cancer cells by targeting UDP-N-acetyl-?-D-galactosamine:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 7. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:14301-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that miR-214 is a new regulator of GALNT7, and both miR-214 and GALNT7 play important roles in the pathogenesis of cervical cancer. ..
- Zhang C, Tian Y, Wang Y, Guo F, Qin J, Ni H. hTERT rs2736098 genetic variants and susceptibility of hepatocellular carcinoma in the Chinese population: a case-control study. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2013;12:74-9 pubmed..This study attempts to clarify the genetic predisposition to hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), focusing on the hTERT gene rs2736098 polymorphism...
- Li S, Wei M, Zhou Z, Wang B, Zhao X, Zhang J. SDF-1? induces angiogenesis after traumatic brain injury. Brain Res. 2012;1444:76-86 pubmed publisher..05). These data indicated that SDF-1? could induce angiogenesis after TBI, potentially via SDF-1/CXCR4 axis. ..
- Zhang H, Yu C, Dai J, Keller J, Hua A, Sottnik J, et al. Parathyroid hormone-related protein inhibits DKK1 expression through c-Jun-mediated inhibition of ?-catenin activation of the DKK1 promoter in prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2014;33:2464-77 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate a novel signaling linkage between PTHrP and Wnt signaling pathways that results in downregulation of a Wnt inhibitor allowing for Wnt activity that could contribute the osteoblastic nature of PCa. ..
- Yan X, Liang H, Deng T, Zhu K, Zhang S, Wang N, et al. The identification of novel targets of miR-16 and characterization of their biological functions in cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:92 pubmed publisher..In summary, the present study identifies several novel miR-16 targets and illustrates a novel function of miR-16 targeting MAP7 in modulating proliferation in cancer cells. ..
- Zhou Z, Wan B, Ming D, Qi H. A novel technique for phase synchrony measurement from the complex motor imaginary potential of combined body and limb action. J Neural Eng. 2010;7:046008 pubmed publisher..The classification performance suggests that the proposed approach is effective for phase synchronization analysis and is promising for the application of a brain-computer interface in motor nerve reconstruction of the lower limbs. ..
- Zhang J, Han L, Ge Y, Zhou X, Zhang A, Zhang C, et al. miR-221/222 promote malignant progression of glioma through activation of the Akt pathway. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:913-20 pubmed..Our results suggest that miR-221/222 co-enhance the glioma malignant phenotype via activation of the Akt pathway mediated by regulation of common gene expression. ..
- Wu Y, Liu W, Xue B, Zhang L, Liu X, Liu B, et al. Upregulated Expression of microRNA-16 Correlates with Th17/Treg Cell Imbalance in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:853-860 pubmed..MiR-16 may be involved in Th17/Treg imbalance of RA patients by affecting the expression of ROR?t and FoxP3. ..
- Xu Z, Wang M, Wang L, Wang Y, Zhao X, Rao Q, et al. Aberrant expression of TSC2 gene in the newly diagnosed acute leukemia. Leuk Res. 2009;33:891-7 pubmed publisher..The results showed that the expression of TSC2 was downregulated in AL patients and the TSC2 promoter was hypermethylated which might be an important mechanism for the downregulation of TSC2 expression. ..
- Zhang J, Yang Z, Chen R, Gao P, Zhang Y, Zhang L. Two new mutations in the keratin 4 gene causing oral white sponge nevus in Chinese family. Oral Dis. 2009;15:100-5 pubmed publisher..No any mutation was found in the keratin 13 gene. We found two new mutations in the keratin 4, which may be related with the development of WSN. ..
- Lv Y, Niu Y, Li C, Zheng X, Geng Q, Han Y. Aberrant Level of Skp2 and p27KIP1 in Intraductal Proliferative Lesions is Associated with Tumorigenesis. Cancer Invest. 2017;35:414-422 pubmed publisher..Based on the above findings, abnormal levels of Skp2 and p27KIP1 have probably been involved in the pathogenesis of ADH and DCIS. Thus, Skp2 and p27KIP1 may serve as important diagnosis markers. ..
- Pu P, Zhang Z, Kang C, Jiang R, Jia Z, Wang G, et al. Downregulation of Wnt2 and beta-catenin by siRNA suppresses malignant glioma cell growth. Cancer Gene Ther. 2009;16:351-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the canonical Wnt pathway is of critical importance in the gliomagenesis and intervention of this pathway may provide a new therapeutic approach for malignant gliomas. ..
- Zhang Y, Yu M, Xu S, Yang L, Yu Y, Hao Y, et al. [Studying of clinical and laboratory features of chronic eosinophilic leukemias /hypereosinophilic syndrome]. Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2008;29:3-8 pubmed..3) JAK2 V617F may be involved in the pathogenesis of HES. (4) Patients with CEL carried the FIP1L1-PDGFRA fusion gene and TCR gamma rearrangement concurrently, their relationship warrants further study. ..
- Wang Y, Shen H, Yin Q, Zhang T, Liu Z, Zhang W, et al. Effect of NIMA-related kinase 2B on the sensitivity of breast cancer to paclitaxel in vitro and vivo. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317699754 pubmed publisher..Combination treatment using NIMA-related kinase 2B small interfering RNA and paclitaxel might be a novel potential therapy method for breast cancer. ..
- Wang H, Liddell C, Coates M, Mooney M, Levitz C, Schumacher A, et al. Global, regional, and national levels of neonatal, infant, and under-5 mortality during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. 2014;384:957-79 pubmed publisher..Without further accelerated progress, many countries in west and central Africa will still have high levels of under-5 mortality in 2030. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, US Agency for International Development. ..
- Yu Y, Wang X, Sun L, Wang Y, Wan Y, Li X, et al. Inhibition of KIF22 suppresses cancer cell proliferation by delaying mitotic exit through upregulating CDC25C expression. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:1416-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that inhibition of KIF22 suppresses cancer cell proliferation by delaying mitotic exit through the transcriptional upregulation of CDC25C. ..
- You J, Mi D, Zhou X, Qiao L, Zhang H, Zhang X, et al. A positive feedback between activated extracellularly regulated kinase and cyclooxygenase/lipoxygenase maintains proliferation and migration of breast cancer cells. Endocrinology. 2009;150:1607-17 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide new mechanistic insights into possible endogenous signaling metastatic signaling pathways involved in maintaining proliferation and migration of breast cancer cells. ..
- Li Y, Zhao Q, Yang H, Liu S, Liu X, Zhang Y, et al. A new ditopic ratiometric receptor for detecting zinc and fluoride ions in living cells. Analyst. 2013;138:5486-94 pubmed publisher..The crystal structure of 1-Zn(2+) reveals that 1 binds Zn(2+) in four-coordinated modes. Furthermore, 1 is cell permeable and may be applied to detect trace Zn(2+) and F(-) during the development of a living organism. ..
- Ma S, Duan S, Jin M, Duan H. [A new flavanol glycoside from Phymatopteris hastata with effect on glucose metabolism]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2013;38:831-4 pubmed
- Guo H, Chu Y, Wang L, Chen X, Chen Y, Cheng H, et al. PBX3 is essential for leukemia stem cell maintenance in MLL-rearranged leukemia. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:324-335 pubmed publisher..Significantly, the differential expression of PBX3 in normal and malignant hematopoietic cells suggests PBX3 as a potential prognostic marker and therapeutic target for MLL-r leukemia. ..
- Li J, Wu B, Jiang Y. [Study on interaction of Radix Paeoniae 801 and endothelin-1 by using a piezoelectric quartz crystal biosensor]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2004;24:714-6 pubmed
- Zhu Y, Liu C, Liu X, Qiao W, Chen Q, Zeng Y, et al. Construction and characterization of chimeric BHIV (BIV/HIV-1) viruses carrying the bovine immunodeficiency virus gag gene. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:2609-15 pubmed..To explore the possibility of the replacement of the gag gene between human immunodeficiency virus and bovine immunodeficiency virus, to achieve chimeric virions, and thereby gain a new kind of AIDS vaccine based on BHIV chimeric viruses...
- Fu X, Tian J, Zhang L, Chen Y, Hao Q. Involvement of microRNA-93, a new regulator of PTEN/Akt signaling pathway, in regulation of chemotherapeutic drug cisplatin chemosensitivity in ovarian cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1279-86 pubmed publisher..These results may have implications for therapeutic strategies aiming to overcome ovarian cancer cell resistance to cisplatin. ..
- Gao W, Chang G, Wang J, Jin W, Wang L, Lin Y, et al. Inhibition of K562 leukemia angiogenesis and growth by selective Na+/H+ exchanger inhibitor cariporide through down-regulation of pro-angiogenesis factor VEGF. Leuk Res. 2011;35:1506-11 pubmed publisher..Subcutaneous injection of nude mice with cariporide inhibited K562 tumor growth with a reduction of the density of microvessels compared to the control group. ..
- Sun H, Wei S, Xu R, Xu P, Zhang W. Sphingosine-1-phosphate induces human endothelial VEGF and MMP-2 production via transcription factor ZNF580: novel insights into angiogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;395:361-6 pubmed publisher..These results elucidate the important role that ZNF580 plays in the process of migration and proliferation of endothelial cells, which provides a foundation for a novel approach to regulate angiogenesis. ..
- Chai L, Dai L, Che Y, Xu J, Liu G, Zhang Z, et al. LRRC19, a novel member of the leucine-rich repeat protein family, activates NF-kappaB and induces expression of proinflammatory cytokines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:543-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, LRRC19 may play an important role in inducing innate immune responses in certain tissues such as the kidney. ..
- Liu R, Zhang H, Wang X, Zhou L, Li H, Deng T, et al. The miR-24-Bim pathway promotes tumor growth and angiogenesis in pancreatic carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:43831-42 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a new pathway comprising miR-24 and Bim can be used in the exploration of drug-target therapy of PaC. ..
- Wang Y, Xu R, Zhang X, Niu X, Qu Y, Li L, et al. Interleukin-8 secretion by ovarian cancer cells increases anchorage-independent growth, proliferation, angiogenic potential, adhesion and invasion. Cytokine. 2012;59:145-55 pubmed publisher..Therefore, modulation of IL-8 expression or its related signaling pathway may be a promising strategy for controlling the progression and metastasis of OVCA. ..
- Bai J, Shao Z, Shi J, Jia H, Sun J. [Expressions of c-mpl proteins on CD34+ bone marrow cells and platelets of the patients with polycythemia vera]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2007;15:1061-4 pubmed..In conclusion, the expressions of c-mpl proteins on CD34+ BMHCs, platelets and c-mpl mRNA in BMHCs of PV patients were not obviously abnormal. ..
- Chen Z, Liu F, Ren Q, Zhao Q, Ren H, Lu S, et al. Suppression of ABCG2 inhibits cancer cell proliferation. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:841-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that ABCG2 correlates with cell cycle progression, highlighting a novel function of ABCG2 in cancer cell proliferation...
- He B, Soderlund D. Differential state-dependent modification of rat Na(v)1.6 sodium channels expressed in human embryonic kidney (HEK293) cells by the pyrethroid insecticides tefluthrin and deltamethrin. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;257:377-87 pubmed publisher..6 channels in HEK293 cells differ from the effects of these compounds on Na(v)1.6 channels in Xenopus oocytes and more closely reflect the actions of pyrethroids on channels in their native neuronal environment. ..
- Jiang L, Zhao J, Guo R, Li J, Yu L, Xu D. Functional characterization and virulence study of ADE8 and GUA1 genes involved in the de novo purine biosynthesis in Candida albicans. FEMS Yeast Res. 2010;10:199-208 pubmed publisher..Our results and those of others indicate that many conditional essential genes involved in different biosynthesis pathways are required for systemic candidiasis, likely due to the host nutritional constraints imposed on the pathogen. ..
- Shan C, Xu F, Zhang S, You J, You X, Qiu L, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein promotes liver cell proliferation via a positive cascade loop involving arachidonic acid metabolism and p-ERK1/2. Cell Res. 2010;20:563-75 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HBx enhances and maintains liver cell proliferation via a positive feedback loop involving COX-2, 5-LOX, released arachidonic acid metabolites, Gi/o proteins and p-ERK1/2. ..
- Sun B, Zhang S, Zhao X, Zhang W, Hao X. Vasculogenic mimicry is associated with poor survival in patients with mesothelial sarcomas and alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas. Int J Oncol. 2004;25:1609-14 pubmed..Our findings also suggested that a subpopulation of tumor cells possess features of both endothelial cells that line the vessels and mesenchymal cells that secrete the extracellular matrix required for the vascular infrastructure...
- Liu B, Xiong J, Liu G, Wu J, Wen L, Zhang Q, et al. High expression of Rac1 is correlated with partial reversed cell polarity and poor prognosis in invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317710908 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of Rac1 may lead to polarity change in IDC-NOS of the breast. Therefore, Rac1 could be a therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- Pang L, Zhang A, Li H, Du J, Jiao L, Duan N, et al. Serum anti-PLA2R antibody and glomerular PLA2R deposition in Chinese patients with membranous nephropathy: A cross-sectional study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7218 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, serum anti-PLA2R antibody is more closely correlated with disease activity and renal function than glomerular PLA2R deposition. ..
- Xu J, Lu S, Tao J, Zhou Z, Chen Z, Huang Y, et al. CD72 polymorphism associated with child-onset of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in Chinese patients. J Clin Immunol. 2008;28:214-9 pubmed..25] and 1.98-fold (95% CI, 0.92-4.25) increased risk of appearing ITP manifestation at their childhood respectively. The haplotype CD72*1 is apparently a risk allele, whereas CD72*2 a protective allele for child-onset of ITP disease. ..
- Gao W, Ye G, Duan X, Yang X, Yang V. Transferrin receptor-targeted pH-sensitive micellar system for diminution of drug resistance and targetable delivery in multidrug-resistant breast cancer. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:1047-1064 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that 7-pep HD micelles would be a promising drug delivery system in the treatment of drug-resistant tumors. ..
- Liu X, Zhang L, Ruan M, Liu T, Zhang J, Liu F, et al. [Significance of PAX5 deletion in childhood B-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia without reproducible chromosomal abnormalities]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2016;18:287-91 pubmed..128). The Cox analysis showed that PAX5 deletion was a risk factor for DFS (P=0.03). PAX5 deletion is an independent risk factor for DFS in B-ALL children without reproducible chromosomal abnormalities. ..
- Zhao H, Gao A, Zhang Z, Tian R, Luo A, Li M, et al. Genetic analysis and preliminary function study of miR-423 in breast cancer. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:4763-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the SNP rs6505162 in pre-miR-423 affects the mature miR expression, and miR-423 plays a potentially oncogenic role in breast tumorigenesis. ..
- Wang J, Liu Y, Ji R, Gu Q, Zhao X, Liu Y, et al. Prognostic value of the X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein for invasive ductal breast cancer with triple-negative phenotype. Hum Pathol. 2010;41:1186-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the expression of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein is significantly correlated with a more aggressive tumor phenotype and decreased overall and disease-free survival. ..
- Gong L, Wang Q, Zhao L, Yuan Z, Li R, Wang P. Factors affecting the risk of brain metastasis in small cell lung cancer with surgery: is prophylactic cranial irradiation necessary for stage I-III disease?. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013;85:196-200 pubmed publisher..Stage II-III disease had a higher incidence of brain metastases. Thus, PCI might have a role for stage II-III disease but not for stage I disease. ..
- Wu H, Xiao Z, Wang K, Liu W, Hao Q. MiR-145 is downregulated in human ovarian cancer and modulates cell growth and invasion by targeting p70S6K1 and MUC1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:693-700 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data imply that miR-145 has potential as a miRNA-based therapeutic target for ovarian cancer. ..
- Li S, Li Z, Guo F, Qin X, Liu B, Lei Z, et al. miR-223 regulates migration and invasion by targeting Artemin in human esophageal carcinoma. J Biomed Sci. 2011;18:24 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that ARTN, a known tumor metastasis-related gene, is a direct target of miR-223 and that miR-223 may have a tumor suppressor function in esophageal carcinoma and could be used in anticancer therapies. ..
- Huang W, Fan X, Tang X. SiRNA targeting EGFR effectively prevents posterior capsular opacification after cataract surgery. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2349-55 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that EGFR siRNA can effectively inhibit the progression of PCO. Thus, siRNA targeting EGFR may provide a totally new way for preventing PCO or even cataract. ..
- Sun D, Sun B, Liu T, Zhao X, Che N, Gu Q, et al. Slug promoted vasculogenic mimicry in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Cell Mol Med. 2013;17:1038-47 pubmed publisher..The related molecular pathways may be used as novel therapeutic targets for the inhibition of HCC angiogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Cai C, Shi W, Zeng Z, Zhang M, Ling C, Chen L, et al. GTP cyclohydrolase I and tyrosine hydroxylase gene mutations in familial and sporadic dopa-responsive dystonia patients. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65215 pubmed publisher..Genetic screening may help establish the diagnosis of DRD; however, a negative GCH1 and TH mutation test would not exclude the diagnosis. ..
- Zhou S, Huang L, Liu J, Yu J, Tian Q, Cao L. Bilateral effects of 6 weeks' unilateral acupuncture and electroacupuncture on ankle dorsiflexors muscle strength: a pilot study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012;93:50-5 pubmed publisher..05). Unilateral manual acupuncture and electroacupuncture at the acupoints can improve muscle strength in both limbs, and electroacupuncture at the nonacupoints as used in this study can also induce similar strength gains. ..
- Li H, Yang L, Fu H, Yan J, Wang Y, Guo H, et al. Association between G?i2 and ELMO1/Dock180 connects chemokine signalling with Rac activation and metastasis. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1706 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that a chemokine-controlled pathway, consisting of G?i2, ELMO1/Dock180, Rac1 and Rac2, regulates the actin cytoskeleton during breast cancer metastasis. ..
- You X, Liu F, Zhang T, Lv N, Liu Q, Shan C, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein upregulates Lin28A/Lin28B through Sp-1/c-Myc to enhance the proliferation of hepatoma cells. Oncogene. 2014;33:449-60 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HBx activates Lin28A/Lin28B through Sp-1/c-Myc in hepatoma cells. Lin28A/Lin28B serves as key driver genes in HBx-induced hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Liu T, Sun B, Zhao X, Gu Q, Dong X, Yao Z, et al. HER2/neu expression correlates with vasculogenic mimicry in invasive breast carcinoma. J Cell Mol Med. 2013;17:116-22 pubmed publisher..HER2 overexpression possibly induces VM through the up-regulation of VE cadherin. Understanding the key molecular events may provide therapeutic intervention strategies for HER2+ breast cancer. ..
- Su C, Ren Z, Wang F, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. PIWIL4 regulates cervical cancer cell line growth and is involved in down-regulating the expression of p14ARF and p53. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1356-62 pubmed publisher..PIWIL4 can also promote the invasion of cervical cancer cells. These results suggest that PIWIL4 might play an oncogenic role in cervical cancer and be useful as a new therapeutic target in the future. ..
- Dong W, Qian Y, Yang L. Telomerase, hTERT and splice variants in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes. Leuk Res. 2014;38:830-5 pubmed publisher..039). This study provided a detailed insight into the hTERT transcript pattern in MDS while correlation analysis showed that only telomerase activity was significantly correlated with total hTERT expression in MDS. ..
- Qian P, He X, Paulson A, Li Z, Tao F, Perry J, et al. The Dlk1-Gtl2 Locus Preserves LT-HSC Function by Inhibiting the PI3K-mTOR Pathway to Restrict Mitochondrial Metabolism. Cell Stem Cell. 2016;18:214-28 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore show that the imprinted Dlk1-Gtl2 locus preserves LT-HSC function by restricting mitochondrial metabolism. ..
- Liu Y, Bai R, Sun H, Liu H, Wang D. Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging of uterine cervical cancer. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2009;33:858-62 pubmed publisher..The ADC value of uterine cervical cancer represents tumor cellular density, thus providing a new method for evaluating the pathologic grading of tumor. ..
- Li R, Zhao L, Zhan Z, Lu X, Gong L, Wang P. [Significance of expression of chemokine receptor and matrix metalloproteinase in small cell lung cancer]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;92:532-5 pubmed..And the expression rate of CXCR4 may be correlated with bone metastasis, but the correlation is not notable for MMP-9. The expression rate of CXCR4 is an independent prognostic factor for DFS in SCLC. ..