Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on histones in Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
Locale: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Xuan C, Wang Q, Han X, Duan Y, Li L, Shi L, et al. RBB, a novel transcription repressor, represses the transcription of HDM2 oncogene. Oncogene. 2013;32:3711-21 pubmed publisher..Significantly, we showed that RBB suppresses cell proliferation and sensitizes cells to DNA damage-induced apoptosis. Our data indicate that RBB is a novel transcriptional repressor and an important regulator of p53 pathway. ..
- Si J, Yang J, Xue L, Yang C, Luo Y, Shi H, et al. Activation of NF-?B in basolateral amygdala is required for memory reconsolidation in auditory fear conditioning. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43973 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that NF-?B activity in the BLA is required for memory reconsolidation in AFC, suggesting that NF-?B might be a potential pharmacotherapy target for posttraumatic stress disorder. ..
- Xu C, Xu Y, Gursoy Yuzugullu O, Price B. The histone variant macroH2A1.1 is recruited to DSBs through a mechanism involving PARP1. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3920-5 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an unusual mechanism involving a direct association of macroH2A1.1 with PARylated chromatin which is critical for retaining 53BP1 at sites of damage. ..
- Zhang X, Zhao X, Fiskus W, Lin J, Lwin T, Rao R, et al. Coordinated silencing of MYC-mediated miR-29 by HDAC3 and EZH2 as a therapeutic target of histone modification in aggressive B-Cell lymphomas. Cancer Cell. 2012;22:506-523 pubmed publisher..These findings define a MYC-mediated miRNA repression mechanism, shed light on MYC lymphomagenesis mechanisms, and reveal promising therapeutic targets for aggressive B-cell malignancies. ..
- Wang F, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MiR-214 reduces cell survival and enhances cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity via down-regulation of Bcl2l2 in cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:488-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that miR-214 might be a candidate target for the development of novel therapeutic strategies to treat cervical cancer. ..
- Chu X, Qin X, Xu H, Li L, Wang Z, Li F, et al. Structural insights into Paf1 complex assembly and histone binding. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:10619-29 pubmed publisher..Our results shed light on the PAF1C assembly process and substrate recognition during various PAF1C-coordinated histone modifications. ..