Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on disease progression in Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
Locale: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
Topic: disease progression
- Luo M, Li L, Lu C, Cao W. Clinical efficacy and safety of lactulose for minimal hepatic encephalopathy: a meta-analysis. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;23:1250-7 pubmed publisher..21-2.72, P=0.66), and lactulose significantly increased the incidence of diarrhea (RR: 4.38, 95% CI: 1.35-14.25, P=0.01). Lactulose has significant beneficial effects for patients with MHE compared with placebo or no intervention. ..
- Du J, Wang S, Yang Q, Chen Q, Yao X. p53 status correlates with the risk of progression in stage T1 bladder cancer: a meta-analysis. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:137 pubmed publisher..Because of the heterogeneity and other limitations, further studies with rigid criteria and large populations are still warranted to confirm our findings. ..
- Yu Q, Niu Y, Liu N, Zhang J, Liu T, Zhang R, et al. Expression of androgen receptor in breast cancer and its significance as a prognostic factor. Ann Oncol. 2011;22:1288-94 pubmed publisher..5%; P = 0.046 and P < 0.001, respectively). Our data suggest that AR may provide another specific definition of breast cancer subtypes and reveal a potential role in DCIS progression. These findings may help develop new therapies. ..
- Chang W, Arai S, Tamura Y, Kumagai T, Ota T, Shibata S, et al. Time-dependent risk factors associated with the decline of estimated GFR in CKD patients. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2016;20:58-70 pubmed publisher..Rapid decline of eGFR is strongly associated with hyperphosphatemia, proteinuria, and anemia indicating that these risk factors should be intervened in the follow-up of CKD. ..
- Wang J, Li J, Wang X, Zheng C, Ma W. Downregulation of microRNA-214 and overexpression of FGFR-1 contribute to hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:47-53 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-214 and FGFR-1 are potential prognostic markers and therapeutic targets in HCC. ..
- Li X, You J, Zhou Q. [Advances of hypoxia and lung cancer]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2013;16:216-20 pubmed publisher..inducible factor, HIF???????????????prolyl hydroxylase domain, PHD?????•????????product of von Hippel-Lindau gene, pVHL????????????????????????????????????????HIF?PHD?pVHL????????????????? ..
- Liu T, Tang H, Lang Y, Liu M, Li X. MicroRNA-27a functions as an oncogene in gastric adenocarcinoma by targeting prohibitin. Cancer Lett. 2009;273:233-42 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of prohibitin by miR-27a may explain why suppression of miR-27a can inhibit gastric cancer cell growth, further supporting that miR-27a functions as an oncogene. ..
- Yue L, Li L, Liu F, Hu N, Zhang W, Bai X, et al. The oncoprotein HBXIP activates transcriptional coregulatory protein LMO4 via Sp1 to promote proliferation of breast cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:927-35 pubmed publisher..HBXIP may serve as a driver gene to activate transcription in the development of cancer. ..
- Wang T, Song W, Chen Y, Chen R, Liu Z, Wu L, et al. Flightless I Homolog Represses Prostate Cancer Progression through Targeting Androgen Receptor Signaling. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:1531-44 pubmed publisher..FLII plays a tumor-suppressive role and serves as a crucial determinant of resistance of prostate cancer to endocrine therapies. ..
- Wang Y, Li S, Wu X, Che Y, Li Q. Clinicopathological and biological significance of human voltage-gated proton channel Hv1 protein overexpression in breast cancer. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13877-88 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we came to the conclusion that Hv1 is a potential biomarker for prognosis of breast cancer and a potential target for anticancer drugs in breast cancer therapy. ..
- Bruix J, Takayama T, Mazzaferro V, Chau G, Yang J, Kudo M, et al. Adjuvant sorafenib for hepatocellular carcinoma after resection or ablation (STORM): a phase 3, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet Oncol. 2015;16:1344-54 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that sorafenib is not an effective intervention in the adjuvant setting for hepatocellular carcinoma following resection or ablation. ..
- Zhang H, Li S, Yang X, Qiao B, Zhang Z, Xu Y. miR-539 inhibits prostate cancer progression by directly targeting SPAG5. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2016;35:60 pubmed publisher..Our results collectively showed a progression-driving role of SPAG5 in PCa which can be regulated by miR-539, suggesting that miR-539/SPAG5 can serve as a potential therapeutic target for PCa. ..
- Chong J, Zheng G, Ma Y, Zhang H, Nie K, Lin Y, et al. The hyposensitive N187D P2X7 mutant promotes malignant progression in nude mice. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36179-87 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that N187D P2X7, representing mutants hyposensitive to agonist, might be a positive regulator in the progression of hematopoietic malignancies. ..
- Li H, Wang Y, Gao Y, Shao J, Zhao X, Deng W, et al. Effects of raf kinase inhibitor protein expression on metastasis and progression of human epithelial ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:917-28 pubmed publisher..Our data show the effect of RKIP on the proliferation, migration, or adhesion of OVCA cells. These results indicate that RKIP is also a metastasis suppressor gene of human epithelial OVCA. ..
- Pu P, Kang C, Li J, Jiang H, Cheng J. The effects of antisense AKT2 RNA on the inhibition of malignant glioma cell growth in vitro and in vivo. J Neurooncol. 2006;76:1-11 pubmed..These results suggest that AKT pathway may play an important role in the development and progression of gliomas. Anti-AKT approach will open a new perspective for a targeted molecular therapy of malignant gliomas. ..
- Zhang J, Li H, Yu J, Wang S, Ren X. Role of SOCS1 in tumor progression and therapeutic application. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:1971-80 pubmed publisher..The potential of using SOCS1 as a diagnostic marker and therapeutic target in tumor diagnosis, prognosis and treatment is discussed. ..
- Guo Y, Zhang Z, Wei H, Wang J, Lv J, Zhang K, et al. Cytotoxic necrotizing factor 1 promotes prostate cancer progression through activating the Cdc42-PAK1 axis. J Pathol. 2017;243:208-219 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Zhang B, Cao X, Liu Y, Cao W, Zhang F, Zhang S, et al. Tumor-derived matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP-13) correlates with poor prognoses of invasive breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2008;8:83 pubmed publisher..MMP-13 may serve as an independent prognostic factor for invasive breast cancer patients. MMP-13 may be particularly useful as a prognostic marker when evaluated along with Her-2/neu and lymph node status. ..
- Liu G, Fang Q, Ma H, Sun G, Wang X. Distinguishing characteristics of urothelial carcinoma in kidney transplant recipients between China and Western countries. Transplant Proc. 2013;45:2197-202 pubmed publisher..The relationship of rhubarb consumption to UC in renal transplant recipients should be noted and evaluated. ..
- Qi L, Sun B, Liu Z, Li H, Gao J, Leng X. Dickkopf-1 inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition of colon cancer cells and contributes to colon cancer suppression. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:828-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Dkk1 can suppress the progression of colon cancer, possibly through EMT inhibition, and could therefore serve as a target for tumor therapy. ..
- Zhang J, Huang K, Shi Z, Zou J, Wang Y, Jia Z, et al. High ?-catenin/Tcf-4 activity confers glioma progression via direct regulation of AKT2 gene expression. Neuro Oncol. 2011;13:600-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have demonstrated that Tcf-4 is associated with glioma progression and that AKT2 is a new member of the genes that are regulated by ?-catenin/Tcf-4. ..
- Yi S, Yu Z, Zhou K, Wang Y, An G, Li Z, et al. TOSO is overexpressed and correlated with disease progression in Chinese patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:72-8 pubmed publisher..4) was an independent indicator for shorter treatment-free survival in CLL. We conclude that TOSO is specifically overexpressed and associated with progressive disease, and might be an important prognostic factor in CLL. ..
- Zhang T, Yuan X, Liu C, Li Y, Liu H, Li L, et al. Decreased TIM-3 expression of peripheral blood natural killer cells in patients with severe aplastic anemia. Cell Immunol. 2017;318:17-22 pubmed publisher..We inferred that low expression of TIM-3 on NK cells might lead to NK cells dysfunction and involve in the progress of bone marrow failure in SAA. ..
- Li W, Zhang Z, Liu X, Cheng X, Zhang Y, Han X, et al. The FOXN3-NEAT1-SIN3A repressor complex promotes progression of hormonally responsive breast cancer. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3421-3440 pubmed publisher..Further, our study identified the ERÎ±-NEAT1-FOXN3/NEAT1/SIN3A-GATA3 axis that is implicated in breast cancer metastasis, providing a mechanistic insight into the pathophysiological function of FOXN3. ..
- Zhou Z, Liu F, Zhang Z, Shu F, Zheng Y, Fu L, et al. Human rhomboid family-1 suppresses oxygen-independent degradation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1? in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2014;74:2719-30 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with the view that RHBDF1 is a critical component of a molecular switch that regulates HIF1? stability in cancer cells in hypoxia and that RHBDF1 is of potential value as a new target for cancer treatment. ..
- Chen J, Zhu S, Jiang N, Shang Z, Quan C, Niu Y. HoxB3 promotes prostate cancer cell progression by transactivating CDCA3. Cancer Lett. 2013;330:217-24 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that HoxB3 promote prostate cancer progression by upregulating CDCA3 expression and may serve as a potential therapeutic target for human prostate cancer. ..
- Ning L, Li Z, Wei D, Chen H, Yang C. LncRNA, NEAT1 is a prognosis biomarker and regulates cancer progression via epithelial-mesenchymal transition in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Cancer Biomark. 2017;19:75-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, NEAT1 may be an important mediator in the regulation of ccRCC progression and predicts the poor prognosis in patients with ccRCC. ..
- Ma J, Ren Y, Zhang L, Kong X, Wang T, Shi Y, et al. Knocking-down of CREPT prohibits the progression of oral squamous cell carcinoma and suppresses cyclin D1 and c-Myc expression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174309 pubmed publisher..Our study strongly suggests that CREPT could be used as a marker for the OSCC prognosis and might work as a potential target in future OSCC therapy. ..
- Zhang Z, Lu J, Guo G, Yang Y, Dong S, Liu Y, et al. IKBKE promotes glioblastoma progression by establishing the regulatory feedback loop of IKBKE/YAP1/miR-Let-7b/i. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705575 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the regulatory feedback circuit of IKBKE??YAP1??miR-let-7b/i??IKBKE? dictates glioblastoma progression. Thus, we propose that blocking the circuit may be a new therapeutic strategy for the treatment of glioblastoma. ..
- Li K, Wang F, Cao W, Lv X, Hua F, Cui B, et al. TRIB3 Promotes APL Progression through Stabilization of the Oncoprotein PML-RARÎ± and Inhibition of p53-Mediated Senescence. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:697-710.e7 pubmed publisher..Our study provides insight into APL pathogenesis and a potential therapeutic option against APL. ..
- Zhang J, Han L, Zhang A, Wang Y, Yue X, You Y, et al. AKT2 expression is associated with glioma malignant progression and required for cell survival and invasion. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:65-72 pubmed..These findings indicate that AKT2 expression is associated with more advanced and especially aggressive gliomas and critical for cell survival and invasion. ..