Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell survival in Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
Locale: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
Topic: cell survival
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Li F, Liu Q, Liang Z, Wang J, Pang M, Huang W, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of peptide-conjugated phthalocyanine photosensitizers with highly hydrophilic modifications. Org Biomol Chem. 2016;14:3409-22 pubmed publisher..Highly hydrophilic modifications to the Pc rings may be very useful for improving targeting selectivity for PDT with the construction of peptide-conjugated photosensitizers. ..
- Tan X, Pang X, Lei M, Ma M, Guo F, Wang J, et al. An efficient dual-loaded multifunctional nanocarrier for combined photothermal and photodynamic therapy based on copper sulfide and chlorin e6. Int J Pharm. 2016;503:220-8 pubmed publisher..All detailed evidence demonstrated a considerable potential of Ce6-CuS-TSL for synergistic cancer treatment. ..
- Shi W, Ji Y, Zhang X, Shu S, Wu Z. Characterization of ph- and thermosensitive hydrogel as a vehicle for controlled protein delivery. J Pharm Sci. 2011;100:886-95 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, HTCC/GP hydrogel showed both thermo- and pH-sensitive properties. There are potential applications in tissue engineering, cell encapsulation, and intelligent drug delivery systems. ..
- Yang J, Yang S, Gao X, Yuan Y. Integrative investigation of lipidome and signal pathways in human endothelial cells under oxidative stress. Mol Biosyst. 2011;7:2428-40 pubmed publisher..This combined approach has enabled future investigations for possible therapeutic interventions in phospholipids and cPLA(2) activity for defense against oxidative cellular stress. ..
- Yang J, Liu Y, Wang H, Liu L, Wang W, Wang C, et al. The biocompatibility of fatty acid modified dextran-agmatine bioconjugate gene delivery vector. Biomaterials. 2012;33:604-13 pubmed publisher..Importantly, cells cultured with the degraded products of Dex-Agm and Dex-L-Agm retained more than 80% viability, suggest their potential application as a gene delivery vector. ..
- Chang L, Deng L, Wang W, Lv Z, Hu F, Dong A, et al. Poly(ethyleneglycol)-b-poly(?-caprolactone-co-?-hydroxyl-?- caprolactone) bearing pendant hydroxyl groups as nanocarriers for doxorubicin delivery. Biomacromolecules. 2012;13:3301-10 pubmed publisher..In sum, the introduction of hydroxyl groups on the polyester block in mPEG-b-P(CL-co-HCL) exhibited great potentials for modifications in the stability, drug solubilization, and release properties of NPs. ..
- Liu W, Lu X, He G, Gao X, Li M, Wu J, et al. Cytosolic protection against ultraviolet induced DNA damage by blueberry anthocyanins and anthocyanidins in hepatocarcinoma HepG2 cells. Biotechnol Lett. 2013;35:491-8 pubmed publisher..BA thus efficiently protects cells from DNA damage in vitro. Blueberry may potentially be used as a good source of naturally radioprotective agents. ..
- Zhang H, Jia X, Han F, Zhao J, Zhao Y, Fan Y, et al. Dual-delivery of VEGF and PDGF by double-layered electrospun membranes for blood vessel regeneration. Biomaterials. 2013;34:2202-12 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that dual-delivery of VEGF and PDGF by the modified electrospun membranes could facilitate revascularization. ..
- Lv L, Liu H, Chen X, Yang Z. Glutathione-triggered formation of molecular hydrogels for 3D cell culture. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013;108:352-7 pubmed publisher..We believed that hydrogels reported in this study had big potential for applications in different fields, such as 3D cell culture and tissue engineering. ..
- Cui H, Wu S, Sun Y, Wang T, Li Z, Chen M, et al. Polysaccharide from Pleurotus nebrodensis induces apoptosis via a mitochondrial pathway in HepG2 cells. Food Funct. 2016;7:455-63 pubmed publisher..Finally, the results indicated that PNA-2 significantly suppressed tumor growth in HepG2 tumor-bearing mice, indicating that PNA-2 may be developed as a candidate drug or functional food factor to prevent or treat liver cancer. ..
- Wang Y, Hou H, Li M, Yang Y, Sun L. Anticancer effect of eupatilin on glioma cells through inhibition of the Notch-1 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1141-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, eupatilin may have potential as an effective agent for the treatment of glioma. ..
- Feng W, Geng Z, Li Z, Cui Z, Zhu S, Liang Y, et al. Controlled release behaviour and antibacterial effects of antibiotic-loaded titania nanotubes. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;62:105-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, GS-loaded titania nanotubes coated with GSCH have considerable potential as biomaterials for preventing initial release and peri-implant infection in the field of orthopaedics. ..
- He N, Feng G, Li Y, Xu Y, Xie X, Wang H, et al. Embryonic stem cell preconditioned microenvironment suppresses tumorigenic properties in breast cancer. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:95 pubmed publisher..This study may act as a platform to understand tumor cell plasticity and may offer new therapeutic strategies to inhibit breast cancer progression. ..
- Liu N, Lu M, Tian X, Han Z. Molecular mechanisms involved in self-renewal and pluripotency of embryonic stem cells. J Cell Physiol. 2007;211:279-86 pubmed..In this review, we will summarize the currently known molecular regulators for ES cells self-renewal, and we will propose some possibilities to explain the ways in which these distinct pathways might interact. ..
- Wang Z, Feng S, Huang Y, Li S, Xu H, Zhang X, et al. Expression and characterization of a Grifola frondosa hydrophobin in Pichia pastoris. Protein Expr Purif. 2010;72:19-25 pubmed publisher..A methylthiazol tetrazolium assay showed that rHGFI film could facilitate human aortic smooth muscle cell proliferation due to its cytocompatibility. ..
- Qiu Y, Wang X, Zhang Y, Rout R, Carr A, Zhu L, et al. Development of a refined tenocyte differentiation culture technique for tendon tissue engineering. Cells Tissues Organs. 2013;197:27-36 pubmed publisher..These findings have shown for the first time that human tenocytes can be maintained in long-term culture, in serum-free conditions, making this approach a suitable one for the purpose of tendon tissue engineering. ..
- Moon C, Kwon Y, Lee W, Park Y, Yang V. In vitro assessment of a novel polyrotaxane-based drug delivery system integrated with a cell-penetrating peptide. J Control Release. 2007;124:43-50 pubmed..Intracellular uptake of these conjugates by A2780 human ovarian cancer cells and regulation of such uptake by heparin and protamine were confirmed by using the MTT assay and also the confocal microscopy method. ..
- Yang J, Yang S, Yuan Y. Integrated investigation of lipidome and related signaling pathways uncovers molecular mechanisms of tetramethylpyrazine and butylidenephthalide protecting endothelial cells under oxidative stress. Mol Biosyst. 2012;8:1789-97 pubmed publisher..The current work suggests that the interaction of the lipidome and phospholipases can serve as a promising therapeutic target in oxidatively stressed ECs. ..
- Li N, Chen Y, Zhang Y, Yang Y, Su Y, Chen J, et al. Polysaccharide-gold nanocluster supramolecular conjugates as a versatile platform for the targeted delivery of anticancer drugs. Sci Rep. 2014;4:4164 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the HACD-AuNPs supramolecular conjugates may possess great potential for the targeted delivery of anticancer drugs. ..
- Zhu Z, Liu X, Fang X, Sun H, Yang X, Zhang Y. Structural characterization and anti-tumor activity of polysaccharide produced by Hirsutella sinensis. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;82:959-66 pubmed publisher..The molar ratio of Rha:Ara:Xyl:Man:Glu:Gal was 1.00:2.44:13.11:74.13:13.80:54.39. The main chain of HSP-III was majorly composed of (1â†’3) glucose. The tumor inhibition ratio on H22 cell was 79.04% at 100 Î¼g/mL of HSP-III. ..
- Zheng M, Zhang C, Chen K, Huang M, Li Y, Lin W, et al. Preclinical Evaluation of a Novel Orally Available SRC/Raf/VEGFR2 Inhibitor, SKLB646, in the Treatment of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:366-78 pubmed publisher..In a preliminary pharmacokinetic study, SKLB646 showed good pharmacokinetic properties. Taken together, the preclinical data show that SKLB646 could be a promising lead compound for the treatment of TNBC. ..
- Li M, Gao M, Fu Y, Chen C, Meng X, Fan A, et al. Acetal-linked polymeric prodrug micelles for enhanced curcumin delivery. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;140:11-18 pubmed publisher..0 Â± 17.8(Î¼M), but the polymer residue showed no cytotoxicity upon drug release. The acetal-linked micellar nanocarrier could be a useful addition to the spectrum of currently available stimuli-responsive curcumin nano-formulations. ..
- Lin L, Yan F, Zhao D, Lv M, Liang X, Dai H, et al. Reelin promotes the adhesion and drug resistance of multiple myeloma cells via integrin Î²1 signaling and STAT3. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9844-58 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate reelin's important role in the activation of integrin-Î²1 and STAT3/Akt pathways in multiple myeloma and highlight the therapeutic potential of targeting reelin/integrin/FAK axis. ..
- Xiao L, Liu C, Chen X, Yang Z. Zinc oxide nanoparticles induce renal toxicity through reactive oxygen species. Food Chem Toxicol. 2016;90:76-83 pubmed publisher..In addition, ZnO NPs decreased the activity of catalase and SOD in kidney cortex in vivo. It could be concluded that ZnO NPs present toxic effect on podocytes and Wistar rats, which was related with oxidative stress. ..
- Wang K, Xiao Y, Wang Y, Feng Y, Chen C, Zhang J, et al. Self-assembled hydrophobin for producing water-soluble and membrane permeable fluorescent dye. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23061 pubmed publisher..Our work opens a novel route to modify and functionalize fluorescent dyes and may be developed as a general strategy for broadening their applications. ..
- Zheng G, Liu H, Zhu Z, Zheng J, Liu A. Selenium modification of ?-lactoglobulin (?-Lg) and its biological activity. Food Chem. 2016;204:246-51 pubmed publisher..Morphological observation and hematoxylin and eosin staining indicated that Se-?-lg could induce K562 cell apoptosis. These results indicated that Se-?-Lg could be synthesized by selenium conjugating ?-Lg and it had antitumor activity. ..
- Yao J, Liu J, Kong X, Zhang S, Wang X, Yu M, et al. Induction of activation of the antioxidant response element and stabilization of Nrf2 by 3-(3-pyridylmethylidene)-2-indolinone (PMID) confers protection against oxidative stress-induced cell death. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;259:227-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the compound PMID induces the ARE-mediated gene expression through stabilization of Nrf2 protein and activation of Nrf2/ARE pathway and protects against oxidative stress-mediated cell death. ..
- Hu Y, Zhou D, Li C, Zhou H, Chen J, Zhang Z, et al. Gene delivery of PEI incorporating with functional block copolymer via non-covalent assembly strategy. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:5003-12 pubmed publisher..The ternary complexes proposed here can inspire a new strategy for the development of gene and drug delivery vectors. ..
- Li Y, Wang J, Pan C, Meng F, Chu X, Ding Y, et al. Syntheses and biological evaluation of 1,2,3-triazole and 1,3,4-oxadiazole derivatives of imatinib. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1419-27 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that these compounds are able to inhibit leukemia stem-like cells. ..
- Pan G, Li T, Zeng Q, Wang X, Zhu Y. Alisol F 24 Acetate Enhances Chemosensitivity and Apoptosis of MCF-7/DOX Cells by Inhibiting P-Glycoprotein-Mediated Drug Efflux. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..Therefore, ALI could be developed as a potential MDR-reversing agent in cancer chemotherapy in further study. ..
- Wan D, Liu W, Wang L, Wang H, Pan J. Fluoridated hydroxyapatite: Eu(3+) nanorods-loaded folate-conjugated D-Î±-tocopheryl polyethylene glycol succinate (vitamin E TPGS) micelles for targeted imaging of cancer cells. Nanotechnology. 2016;27:105703 pubmed publisher..The micelles designed in this study will be a promising tool for early detection of cancer. ..
- Cui H, Wu S, Shang Y, Li Z, Chen M, Li F, et al. Pleurotus nebrodensis polysaccharide(PN50G) evokes A549 cell apoptosis by the ROS/AMPK/PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway to suppress tumor growth. Food Funct. 2016;7:1616-27 pubmed publisher..All the results suggested that PN50G-mediated apoptosis and autophagy of A549 tumor cells in vivo mainly involved in the mitochondrial pathway and the AMPK/PI3K/mTOR pathway. ..
- Shi Y, Dai D, Li J, Dong Y, Jiang Y, Li H, et al. Sulforaphane Analogues with Heterocyclic Moieties: Syntheses and Inhibitory Activities against Cancer Cell Lines. Molecules. 2016;21:514 pubmed publisher..SFN, 3d and 14c significantly induced the activation of caspase-3, and reduced the ALDH⁺ subpopulation in the SUM159 cell line, while the marketed drug doxrubicin(DOX) increased the ALDH⁺ subpopulation. ..
- Zhang M, Yu Q, Liang C, Liu Z, Zhang B, Li M. Graphene oxide induces plasma membrane damage, reactive oxygen species accumulation and fatty acid profiles change in Pichia pastoris. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;132:372-8 pubmed publisher..Two UFA defective strains (spt23? and fad12?) were used to demonstrate the results above. Hence, this study suggested a close connection between PUFAs and cell survival against GO. ..
- Teng D, Hou J, Zhang X, Wang X, Wang Z, Li C. Glucosamine-carrying temperature- and pH-sensitive microgels: preparation, characterization, and in vitro drug release studies. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2008;322:333-41 pubmed publisher..These glucosamine-carrying dual-sensitive microgels may be promising carriers for targeted drug delivery to tumors. ..
- Tan J, Li W, Wang P. Telomerase reverse transcriptase promoter-driven expression of iodine pump genes for targeted radioiodine therapy of malignant glioma cells. Chin J Cancer. 2011;30:574-80 pubmed publisher..Co-transfected hNIS and hTPO genes can result in increased intake and longer retention of radioiodine. Nude mice harboring xenografts transfected with Ad-hTERT-NIS can take 99mTc scans. ..
- Chen H, Zhang T, Zhou Z, Guan M, Wang J, Liu L, et al. Enhanced uptake and cytotoxity of folate-conjugated mitoxantrone-loaded micelles via receptor up-regulation by dexamethasone. Int J Pharm. 2013;448:142-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FR-? up-regulation using modulators has great potential to improve the therapeutic efficacy of folate-conjugated nanovehicles in some FR-? positive tumors via receptor-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Qian Y, Yang L, Cao S. Telomeres and telomerase in T cells of tumor immunity. Cell Immunol. 2014;289:63-9 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will focus on the telomerase activity in T cells, the regulation of telomerase activity, and hTERT-transduced T cells used in adoptive immunotherapy for cancer. ..
- Dai D, Wang Q, Li X, Liu J, Ma X, Xu W. Klotho inhibits human follicular thyroid cancer cell growth and promotes apoptosis through regulation of the expression of stanniocalcin-1. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:552-8 pubmed publisher..Our data revealed the existence of a moderating effect between Klotho and STC1, where Klotho may inhibit thyroid tumor progression by inhibiting the tumor marker level of STC1. ..
- Ding Y, Gao X, Long J, Kuang B, Chen Y, Zhang Q. Dispirocyclopropyldehydrocostus lactone selectively inhibits acute myelogenous leukemia cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1165-8 pubmed publisher..Further study suggested that DDL induced apoptosis mainly through the up-regulation of apoptosis related protein Bax, followed by the cleavage of caspase-3, caspase-9, and PARP. ..
- Si C, Shen T, Jiang Y, Wu L, Yu G, Ren X, et al. Antioxidant properties and neuroprotective effects of isocampneoside II on hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative injury in PC12 cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;59:145-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, ICD inhibited cell apoptosis and Bax/Bcl-2 ratio induced by H?O?. These findings suggested ICD may be considered as a potential antioxidant agent and should encourage for further research in neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Liu F, Fan D, Qi J, Zhu H, Zhou Y, Yang C, et al. Co-expression of cytokeratin 8 and breast cancer resistant protein indicates a multifactorial drug-resistant phenotype in human breast cancer cell line. Life Sci. 2008;83:496-501 pubmed publisher..In this report, we observed elevated expression of cytokeratin 8 (CK8) in MCF-7/MX, a mitoxantrone (MX)-selected human breast tumor cell line with the MDR phenotype known as overexpression of breast cancer resistant protein (BCRP)...
- Li Y, Liu D, Zheng C, Zheng S, Liu M, Li X, et al. miR-200a modulate HUVECs viability and migration. IUBMB Life. 2011;63:553-9 pubmed publisher..MiR-200a can directly bind to THBS1 3'UTR and negatively regulate THBS1 expression. The identification of endothelial cells (ECs) related miRNA and its target gene may gain new insight into the mechanism of angiogenesis. ..
- Chen L, Han L, Zhang K, Shi Z, Zhang J, Zhang A, et al. VHL regulates the effects of miR-23b on glioma survival and invasion via suppression of HIF-1?/VEGF and ?-catenin/Tcf-4 signaling. Neuro Oncol. 2012;14:1026-36 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we demonstrated that downregulation of miR-23b suppressed tumor survival through targeting VHL, leading to the inhibition of ?-catenin/Tcf-4 and HIF-1?/VEGF signaling pathways. ..
- Lu X, Liu W, Luo C. [Apoptotic effect of coix polysaccharides on A549 lung cancer cells in vitro]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2012;15:624-9 pubmed publisher..Regarding the molecular mechanism of apoptosis induction, the gene expression of caspase-3 and caspase-9 increased after coix polysaccharide treatment. Polysaccharide fraction CP-1 induced A549 cell apoptosis. ..
- Jiang L, Li X, Liu L, Zhang Q. Cellular uptake mechanism and intracellular fate of hydrophobically modified pullulan nanoparticles. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:1825-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the CHSP NPs may serve as a versatile carrier for intracellular delivery of therapeutic agents. ..
- Liang L, Dong C, Chen X, Fang Z, Xu J, Liu M, et al. Human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells ameliorate mice trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid (TNBS)-induced colitis. Cell Transplant. 2011;20:1395-408 pubmed publisher..In addition to the known suppressive effects on Th1-type immune responses, hUC-MSC-mediated modulation of IL-23/IL-17 regulated inflammatory reactions also plays an important role in the amelioration of colitis. ..
- Guo J, Song W, Ding F, Zhang J, Sun Z. Study on cytotoxicity and structure-activity relationship of HL-7702 cell exposed to naphthoquinones. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;33:408-13 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a foundation for further investigation using 3D-QSAR and HQSAR to evaluate the aquatic ecological risk and the possible mechanisms of toxicity of naphthoquinones. ..
- Liu H, Yang D, Yang H, Zhang H, Zhang W, Fang Y, et al. Comparative study of respiratory tract immune toxicity induced by three sterilisation nanoparticles: silver, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. J Hazard Mater. 2013;248-249:478-86 pubmed publisher..Comparative analyses demonstrated that particle composition and chemical stability most likely had a primary role in the biological effects of different nanoparticles...
- Gao N, Wang H, Yin H, Yang Z. Angiotensin II induces calcium-mediated autophagy in podocytes through enhancing reactive oxygen species levels. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;277:110-118 pubmed publisher..Improving TRPC6 channels and autophagy may become a new targeted therapy to relieve glomerular damage induced by Ang II. ..
- Liu G, Qu Q, Mi R, Qi J. [Relationship between nucleotide excision repair gene ERCC1 and resistance to cisplatin in ovarian cancer]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2008;30:184-7 pubmed..88, 5.07, and 3.75 times, respectively, after RNA interfering ERCC1 gene. ERCC1 gene is associated with the resistance to cisplatin and the sensitivity to cisplatin can be enhanced by RNA interfering ERCC1 in ovarian cancer. ..
- Pu P, Zhang Z, Kang C, Jiang R, Jia Z, Wang G, et al. Downregulation of Wnt2 and beta-catenin by siRNA suppresses malignant glioma cell growth. Cancer Gene Ther. 2009;16:351-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the canonical Wnt pathway is of critical importance in the gliomagenesis and intervention of this pathway may provide a new therapeutic approach for malignant gliomas. ..
- Wang Y, Xing H, Tian Z, Tang K, Wang J, Xu Z, et al. Overexpression of Midkine promotes the viability of BA/F3 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;384:341-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that MK might be involved in the pathogenesis of leukemia and could be taken as an ideal diagnostic marker and molecular target for the treatment of acute leukemia. ..
- Wang F, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MiR-214 reduces cell survival and enhances cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity via down-regulation of Bcl2l2 in cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:488-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that miR-214 might be a candidate target for the development of novel therapeutic strategies to treat cervical cancer. ..
- Yang L, Li R, Tan J, Jiang Z. Polyphenolics composition of the leaves of Zanthoxylum bungeanum Maxim. grown in Hebei, China, and their radical scavenging activities. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:1772-8 pubmed publisher..Through the intracellular antioxidation assay, the result shows that the polyphenols could reduce the ROS in HT-29 cells without cell toxicity...
- Li Y, Zhao Q, Yang H, Liu S, Liu X, Zhang Y, et al. A new ditopic ratiometric receptor for detecting zinc and fluoride ions in living cells. Analyst. 2013;138:5486-94 pubmed publisher..The crystal structure of 1-Zn(2+) reveals that 1 binds Zn(2+) in four-coordinated modes. Furthermore, 1 is cell permeable and may be applied to detect trace Zn(2+) and F(-) during the development of a living organism. ..
- Zhou Y, Zhang K, Yin X, Nie Q, Ma Y. HIV-1 Tat Protein Enhances Expression and Function of Breast Cancer Resistance Protein. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2016;32:1-3 pubmed publisher..It was found that HIV-1 Tat protein upregulated BCRP expression and enhanced efflux mediated by BCRP significantly, which could inhibit antiviral drugs from entering infected cells and interfere with the therapeutic effect of HAART. ..
- Yan J, Yang S, Zhang J, Zhai C, Zhu T. BMP6 attenuates oxidant injury in HK-2 cells via Smad-dependent HO-1 induction. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;46:1275-82 pubmed publisher..In summary, these findings suggest that induction of HO-1 through a Smad-dependent mechanism is responsible for the cytoprotective effect of BMP6 in H(2)O(2)-mediated renal cell injury. ..
- Ye Y, Xu W, Zhong W, Li Y, Wang C. Combination treatment with dihydrotanshinone I and irradiation enhances apoptotic effects in human cervical cancer by HPV E6 down-regulation and caspases activation. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;363:191-202 pubmed publisher..These data suggest DI should be tested as the radiosensitizer in vitro and in vivo, which has potential in the treatment of human cervical cancer. ..
- Hu Y, Liu J, Huang H. Recent agents targeting HIF-1? for cancer therapy. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:498-509 pubmed publisher..We also prefer to discuss the advantages of protein and nucleic acid inhibitors compared with chemical inhibitors. ..
- Min S, Liang X, Zhang M, Zhang Y, Mei S, Liu J, et al. Multiple tumor-associated microRNAs modulate the survival and longevity of dendritic cells by targeting YWHAZ and Bcl2 signaling pathways. J Immunol. 2013;190:2437-46 pubmed publisher..Use of miR-22 and miR-503 as inhibitors may therefore represent a new strategy to improve DC-based immunotherapies against tumors. ..
- Zhang H, Wang Y, Meng A, Yan H, WANG X, Niu J, et al. Inhibiting TGF?1 has a protective effect on mouse bone marrow suppression following ionizing radiation exposure in vitro. J Radiat Res. 2013;54:630-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the results from this study suggest that SB431542, a TGF?1 inhibitor, alleviates IR-induced BM suppression at least in part via inhibiting IR-induced NOX2 and NOX4 expression. ..
- Liu S, Zhang P, Chen Z, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. MicroRNA-7 downregulates XIAP expression to suppress cell growth and promote apoptosis in cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:2247-53 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-7 targeted and downregulated the oncogene XIAP to regulate the effect of miR-7 on apoptosis and malignant behaviors of HeLa and C-33A cells. ..
- Zhang H, Gao F, Liu L, Li X, Zhou Z, Yang X, et al. Pullulan acetate nanoparticles prepared by solvent diffusion method for epirubicin chemotherapy. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2009;71:19-26 pubmed publisher..Confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM) observations indicate that EPI-loaded nanoparticles were internalized and released in the cytoplasmic compartment...
- Zhang J, Han L, Zhang A, Wang Y, Yue X, You Y, et al. AKT2 expression is associated with glioma malignant progression and required for cell survival and invasion. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:65-72 pubmed..These findings indicate that AKT2 expression is associated with more advanced and especially aggressive gliomas and critical for cell survival and invasion. ..
- Fu X, Tian J, Zhang L, Chen Y, Hao Q. Involvement of microRNA-93, a new regulator of PTEN/Akt signaling pathway, in regulation of chemotherapeutic drug cisplatin chemosensitivity in ovarian cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1279-86 pubmed publisher..These results may have implications for therapeutic strategies aiming to overcome ovarian cancer cell resistance to cisplatin. ..
- Chang J, Wang Y, Shao L, Laberge R, Demaria M, Campisi J, et al. Clearance of senescent cells by ABT263 rejuvenates aged hematopoietic stem cells in mice. Nat Med. 2016;22:78-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, senolytic drugs may represent a new class of radiation mitigators and anti-aging agents. ..
- Hu W, Wang X, Wu L, Shen T, Ji L, Zhao X, et al. Apigenin-7-O-Î²-D-glucuronide inhibits LPS-induced inflammation through the inactivation of AP-1 and MAPK signaling pathways in RAW 264.7 macrophages and protects mice against endotoxin shock. Food Funct. 2016;7:1002-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that AG may be used as a source of anti-inflammatory agents as well as a dietary complement for health promotion. ..
- Zhang G, Li Y, Zheng S, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. Suppression of hepatitis B virus replication by microRNA-199a-3p and microRNA-210. Antiviral Res. 2010;88:169-75 pubmed publisher..2.15 cells compared to HepG2 cells may play a role in regulating HBV replication and maintenance of a suitable level of virion production in persistent infection by targeting crucial HBV genes. ..
- Wei S, Hao C, Li X, Zhao H, Chen J, Zhou Q. Effects of BTG2 on proliferation inhibition and anti-invasion in human lung cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2012;33:1223-30 pubmed publisher..05). The overexpression of BTG2 may inhibit the protein expression of cyclin D1, MMP-1, and MMP-2 in A549 cells. The overexpression of BTG2 may inhibit the growth, proliferation, and invasiveness of the A549 human lung cancer cell line. ..
- Yang R, Zhang S, Kong D, Gao X, Zhao Y, Wang Z. Biodegradable polymer-curcumin conjugate micelles enhance the loading and delivery of low-potency curcumin. Pharm Res. 2012;29:3512-25 pubmed publisher..Micelle-forming polymer-drug conjugates containing multiple drug molecules were an efficient means to increase loading and intracellular delivery of low-potency curcumin. ..
- Gao H, Xiong J, Cheng T, Liu J, Chu L, Liu J, et al. In vivo biodistribution of mixed shell micelles with tunable hydrophilic/hydrophobic surface. Biomacromolecules. 2013;14:460-7 pubmed publisher..v.. The results provide us a novel strategy for future development of long-circulating nanocarriers for efficient cancer therapy. ..
- Wang C, Meng M, Liu S, Wang L, Hou L, Cao X. A chemically sulfated polysaccharide from Grifola frondos induces HepG2 cell apoptosis by notch1-NF-?B pathway. Carbohydr Polym. 2013;95:282-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that the S-GFB induces apoptosis through a notch1/NF-?B/p65-mediated caspase pathway...
- Bai N, Zhang C, Liang N, Zhang Z, Chang A, Yin J, et al. Yes-associated protein (YAP) increases chemosensitivity of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by modulation of p53. Cancer Biol Ther. 2013;14:511-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our current data indicate that YAP functions as a tumor suppressor that enhances apoptosis by modulating p53 during chemotherapy. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang S, Li S. Zn(2+) induces apoptosis in human highly metastatic SHG-44 glioma cells, through inhibiting activity of the voltage-gated proton channel Hv1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:312-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Zn(2+) ions may be used as a potential anti-glioma drug for glioma therapy. ..
- Yang L, Wang Y, Liu S, Zhang P, Chen Z, Liu M, et al. miR-181b promotes cell proliferation and reduces apoptosis by repressing the expression of adenylyl cyclase 9 (AC9) in cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:124-30 pubmed publisher..miR-181b restricted cAMP production by post-transcriptionally downregulating AC9 expression. Phenotypic experiments indicated that miR-181b and AC9 exerted opposite effects on cell proliferation and apoptosis. ..
- Xu J, Guo P, Liu C, Sun Z, Gui L, Guo Y, et al. Neuroprotective Kaurane Diterpenes from Fritillaria ebeiensis. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:1386-8 pubmed..All the isolates showed neuroprotective effects against MPP(+)-induced neuronal cell death in human dopaminergic neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells...
- Nie W, Yuan X, Zhao J, Zhou Y, Bao H. Rapidly in situ forming chitosan/?-polylysine hydrogels for adhesive sealants and hemostatic materials. Carbohydr Polym. 2013;96:342-8 pubmed publisher..Notably, it is non-toxic to L929 cells and exhibits excellent prompt hemostatic property. Polysaccharides/polypeptide structure designed here facilitates to improve both the biocompatibility and the adhesive property. ..
- Meng F, Zhang L, Shao Y, Ma Q, Lv H. MicroRNA-377 inhibits non-small-cell lung cancer through targeting AEG-1. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13853-63 pubmed..In conclusion, our results suggested that miR-377 played an important role in the development of NSCLC by regulating AEG-1 and may be a potential therapeutic target for NSCLC. ..
- Liu R, Li H, Gao X, Mi Q, Zhao H, Gao Q. Mannose-conjugated platinum complexes reveals effective tumor targeting mediated by glucose transporter 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:34-40 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study indicate the possibility of subjecting mannose-conjugated platinum complexes as lead compounds for further preclinical evaluation. ..
- Li S, Wei D, Mao Z, Chen L, Yan X, Li Y, et al. Design, synthesis, immunocytochemistry evaluation, and molecular docking investigation of several 4-aminopyridine derivatives as potential neuroprotective agents for treating Parkinson's disease. Bioorg Chem. 2017;73:63-75 pubmed publisher..Among them, compound 3, which exhibited high cell viability, low cytotoxicity and good efficacy of inhibition on ?-synuclein, oxidation, inflammation and Rho kinase, was profound as potential agents for Parkinson's disease (PD). ..
- Jiang Z, Liu G, Meng F, Wang W, Hao P, Xiang Y, et al. Paracrine effects of mesenchymal stem cells on the activation of keratocytes. Br J Ophthalmol. 2017;101:1583-1590 pubmed publisher..MSC secretes certain factors that accelerate corneal re-epithelialisation. The paracrine effects of MSC on corneal wound healing including improvements in cell viability, migration and ECM formation. ..
- Xing W, Li M, Zhang F, Ma X, Long J, Zhou H. The conformation change and tumor suppressor role of Merlin are both independent of Serine 518 phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:46-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we provide for the first time in vivo evidence that the function of Merlin, as a tumor suppressor is independent of its conformational change. ..
- Liu S, Xu L, Zhang T, Ren G, Yang Z. Oxidative stress and apoptosis induced by nanosized titanium dioxide in PC12 cells. Toxicology. 2010;267:172-7 pubmed publisher..These results might have revealed a key mechanism in PC12 apoptosis under the effect of the nano-TiO2 solutions. ..
- Zhiqing L, Zhuge X, Fuhuan C, Danfeng Y, Huashan Z, Bencheng L, et al. ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression in rat aortic endothelial cells after single-walled carbon nanotube exposure. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2010;10:8562-74 pubmed
- Li Y, Zhu N, Jia H, Wu J, Yi Y, Qi J. Decontamination of Bacillus subtilis var. niger spores on selected surfaces by chlorine dioxide gas. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2012;13:254-60 pubmed publisher..The main aims of the study were to determine the sporicidal efficacy of CD gas and the effect of prehumidification before decontamination on sporicidal efficacy...
- Li T, Chen H, Yang Z, Liu X, Zhang L, Wang H. Evaluation of the immunosuppressive activity of artesunate in vitro and in vivo. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;16:306-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations exhibit the potential of developing AST as a novel safe remedy for the treatment of T cell-mediated immune disorders. ..
- Gao H, Liu J, Yang C, Cheng T, Chu L, Xu H, et al. The impact of PEGylation patterns on the in vivo biodistribution of mixed shell micelles. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:4229-46 pubmed publisher..The present study extends the understanding of the PEGylation strategy to further advance the development of ideal nanocarriers for drug delivery and imaging applications. ..
- Zhao G, Zhang H, Ye T, Xiang Z, Yuan Y, Guo Z, et al. Characterization of the radical scavenging and antioxidant activities of danshensu and salvianolic acid B. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008;46:73-81 pubmed..Their radical scavenging and antioxidant properties might have potential applications in food and healthcare industry. ..
- Wang X, Gao N, Zhou Q. Concentration responses of toxicity sensor with Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 growing in bioelectrochemical systems. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013;43:264-7 pubmed publisher..08%) except over the high concentration of 0.10%. These results provide preliminary information about toxin concentration responses in BESs...