Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
Locale: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
Topic: cell proliferation
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- Wang Y, Li Y, Sun J, Wang Q, Sun C, Yan Y, et al. Tumor-suppressive effects of miR-29c on gliomas. Neuroreport. 2013;24:637-45 pubmed publisher..At least some of its tumor-suppressive effects are mediated by specifically downregulating the expression of CDK6. Therefore, miR-29c can be used as a tumor suppressor in the gene therapy of malignant gliomas. ..
- Chu T, Zhao H, Li Y, Chen A, Sun X, Ge J. FoxD3 deficiency promotes breast cancer progression by induction of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:580-4 pubmed publisher..In addition, depletion of FOXD3 is linked to epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT)-like phenotype. Our results indicate FOXD3 exhibits tumor suppressive activity and may be useful for breast therapy. ..
- Wang H, Cai B, Cui C, Zhang D, Yang B. [Vitexicarpin, a flavonoid from Vitex trifolia L., induces apoptosis in K562 cells via mitochondria-controlled apoptotic pathway]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2005;40:27-31 pubmed..To investigate the inhibitory effect of vitexicarpin on the proliferation of human cancer cells and its mechanism of action...
- Liu N, Lu M, Tian X, Han Z. Molecular mechanisms involved in self-renewal and pluripotency of embryonic stem cells. J Cell Physiol. 2007;211:279-86 pubmed..In this review, we will summarize the currently known molecular regulators for ES cells self-renewal, and we will propose some possibilities to explain the ways in which these distinct pathways might interact. ..
- Yu M, Shi Y, Wei X, Yang Y, Zhou Y, Hao X, et al. Depletion of mitochondrial DNA by ethidium bromide treatment inhibits the proliferation and tumorigenesis of T47D human breast cancer cells. Toxicol Lett. 2007;170:83-93 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that the integrity of mtDNA plays a critical role in human breast cancer cell proliferation and tumorigenesis. ..
- Yan L, Zhang Y, Gao W, Man S, Wang Y. In vitro and in vivo anticancer activity of steroid saponins of Paris polyphylla var. yunnanensis. Exp Oncol. 2009;31:27-32 pubmed..Rhizoma Paridis saponins showed anticancer activity against lung adenocarcinoma cell line, both in vitro and in vivo, and their effect was dependent on compounds' structure in a certain degree. ..
- Yan J, Yang S, Zhang J, Zhu T. BMP6 reverses TGF-beta1-induced changes in HK-2 cells: implications for the treatment of renal fibrosis. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:994-1000 pubmed publisher..The suppression of TGF-beta1-mediated JNK and Smad2/3 signaling activation were implicated in these effects.Acta Pharmacologica Sinica (2009) 30: 994-1000; doi: 10.1038/aps.2009.56; published online 22 June 2009. ..
- Yang J, Ylipaa A, Sun Y, Zheng H, Chen K, Nykter M, et al. Genomic and molecular characterization of malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor identifies the IGF1R pathway as a primary target for treatment. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:7563-73 pubmed publisher..Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor (MPNST) is a rare sarcoma that lacks effective therapeutic strategies. We gain insight into the most recurrent genetically altered pathways with the purpose of scanning possible therapeutic targets...
- Lu Z, Dong R, Li D, Li W, Xu F, Geng Y, et al. SNAI1 overexpression induces stemness and promotes ovarian cancer cell invasion and metastasis. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1587-91 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that SNAI1 may serve as a novel target for ovarian cancer prediction and therapy. ..
- Zhao Z, Cao Z, Xu W, Sun L, You Y, Li F, et al. Immune protection function of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells: role of transforming growth factor-?1. Cancer Invest. 2012;30:646-56 pubmed publisher..These inhibitory functions of MSCs have negative effects on the CTLs or NK-mediated graft-versus-leukemia (GVL), particularly in the allogeneic hematopoietic stem cells transplantation setting. ..
- Xu Y, Wu H, Ma H, Xu L, Huo Y, Yin L. MicroRNA-503 suppresses proliferation and cell-cycle progression of endometrioid endometrial cancer by negatively regulating cyclin D1. FEBS J. 2013;280:3768-79 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study suggested that miR-503 plays a tumor-suppressor role by targeting CCND1. Abnormal suppression of miR-503 leads to an increase in the CCND1 level, which may promote carcinogenesis and progression of EEC. ..
- Piao M, Cao H, He N, Xu M, Dong W, Wang W, et al. Potential role of TRIM3 as a novel tumour suppressor in colorectal cancer (CRC) development. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2016;51:572-82 pubmed publisher..This tumour-suppressive function is exerted partially through regulation of p53 protein. Therefore, this protein may represent a novel therapeutic target for prevention or intervention of CRC. ..
- Li P, Bian X, Chen Q, Yao X, Wang X, Zhang W, et al. Blocking of stromal interaction molecule 1 expression influence cell proliferation and promote cell apoptosis in vitro and inhibit tumor growth in vivo in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177484 pubmed publisher..The present study provides new insight into HNSCC molecular mechanism and potential therapeutic target through targeting SOCE-dependent process. However, whether STIM1 participates in HNSCC metastasis requires further study. ..
- Wei F, Cao S, Ren X, Liu H, Yu J, Li H, et al. Efficient antiproliferative and antiangiogenic effects on human ovarian cancer growth by gene transfer of attenuated mutants of Shiga-like toxin I. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2008;18:677-91 pubmed..This study suggests that genes encoding attenuated Stx1 can be selected as good candidates for the gene therapy of ovarian carcinoma because of their antiproliferative and antiangiogenic effects. ..
- Wang Q, Zhang W, Ye L, Zhang X. A mutant of HBx (HBxDelta127) promotes hepatoma cell growth via sterol regulatory element binding protein 1c involving 5-lipoxygenase. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010;31:367-74 pubmed publisher..HBxDelta127 promotes hepatoma cell growth through activating SREBP-1c involving 5-LOX. ..
- Qian X, Ren Y, Shi Z, Long L, Pu P, Sheng J, et al. Sequence-dependent synergistic inhibition of human glioma cell lines by combined temozolomide and miR-21 inhibitor gene therapy. Mol Pharm. 2012;9:2636-45 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that both the sequence and the timing of administration are crucial in glioma combination therapy. ..
- Chen H, Wang Y, Xue F. Expression and the clinical significance of Wnt10a and Wnt10b in endometrial cancer are associated with the Wnt/?-catenin pathway. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:507-14 pubmed publisher..The role played by Wnt10a in EC, however, still requires further investigation. ..
- Chen D, Ma F, Xu S, Yang S, Chen F, Rong L, et al. Expression and role of Toll-like receptors on human umbilical cord mesenchymal stromal cells. Cytotherapy. 2013;15:423-33 pubmed publisher..Toll-like receptors (TLRs) play an important role in innate and adaptive immunity by recognizing pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs)...
- Jia Z, Wang K, Wang G, Zhang A, Pu P. MiR-30a-5p antisense oligonucleotide suppresses glioma cell growth by targeting SEPT7. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55008 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates,for the first time, that miR-30a-5p is a bona fide negative regulator of SEPT7 and the oncogenic activity of miR-30a-5p in human gliomas is at least in part through the repression of SEPT7. ..
- Wang F, Sha L, Zhang W, Wu L, Qiao L, Li N, et al. Involvement of hepatitis B X-interacting protein (HBXIP) in proliferation regulation of cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:431-8 pubmed..However, the RNAi of HBXIP brought opposite results. One of the functions of HBXIP is its involvement in cell proliferation. ..
- Zhang B, Cao W, Zhang F, Zhang L, Niu R, Niu Y, et al. Protein interacting with C alpha kinase 1 (PICK1) is involved in promoting tumor growth and correlates with poor prognosis of human breast cancer. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1536-42 pubmed publisher..In particular, our data suggest that PICK1 promotes tumor cell proliferation. Taken together, PICK1 may serve not only as a marker for poor prognosis, but also as a therapeutic target in breast cancer. ..
- Mi D, Zhang M, Yan J, Zhang J, Wang X, Wang Q, et al. PTHrP inhibits BMP-6 expression through the PKA signaling pathway in breast cancer cells. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011;137:295-303 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PTHrP acts as the upstream molecule of BMP-6, and exerts antimitogenic effect via reducing BMP-6 mRNA expression through PKA signaling pathway in breast cancer cells. ..
- Wang Y, Han Z, Yan S, Mao A, Wang B, Ren H, et al. Evaluation of suitable reference gene for real-time PCR in human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells with long-term in vitro expansion. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2010;46:595-9 pubmed publisher..Ywhaz and Rpl13a could be used as reference genes for relative gene quantification and normalization purposes in real-time PCR studies of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells. ..
- Wu H, Liu T, Wang R, Tian S, Liu M, Li X, et al. MicroRNA-16 targets zyxin and promotes cell motility in human laryngeal carcinoma cell line HEp-2. IUBMB Life. 2011;63:101-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of zyxin could also restrain cell movement and enhance cell-cell adhesion. The study of miR-16 and its target zyxin will shed light on diagnosis and therapy of laryngeal cancer. ..
- Kong G, Zhang J, Zhang S, Shan C, Ye L, Zhang X. Hepatitis B virus X protein promotes hepatoma cell proliferation via upregulation of MEKK2. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011;32:1173-80 pubmed publisher..In 95 clinical HCC tissues, the rate of detection of MEKK2 was 85.3%. HBx promotes hepatoma cell proliferation via upregulating MEKK2, which may be involved in hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Huang W, Fan X, Tang X. SiRNA targeting EGFR effectively prevents posterior capsular opacification after cataract surgery. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2349-55 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that EGFR siRNA can effectively inhibit the progression of PCO. Thus, siRNA targeting EGFR may provide a totally new way for preventing PCO or even cataract. ..
- Zhang X, Wu D, Shen X, Chen J, Sun Y, Liu P, et al. Size-dependent radiosensitization of PEG-coated gold nanoparticles for cancer radiation therapy. Biomaterials. 2012;33:6408-19 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that 12.1 and 27.3 nm PEG-coated gold nanoparticles show high radiosensitivity, and these results have an important indication for possible radiotherapy and drug delivery. ..
- Duo J, Ma Y, Wang G, Han X, Zhang C. Metformin synergistically enhances antitumor activity of histone deacetylase inhibitor trichostatin a against osteosarcoma cell line. DNA Cell Biol. 2013;32:156-64 pubmed publisher..As data have showed here, metformin cotreatment increased TSA antitumor effects and have a synergistic effect on osteosarcoma cell line proliferation and apoptosis. ..
- Liu G, Xu Y, Li Y, Wang L, Liu Y, Zhu D. Secreted galectin-3 as a possible biomarker for the immunomodulatory potential of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stromal cells. Cytotherapy. 2013;15:1208-17 pubmed publisher..Several studies have revealed that galectin-3 (Gal-3), a member of the human galectin family, is involved in the immunosuppressive function of MSCs...
- Liu R, Li J, Teng Z, Zhang Z, Xu Y. Overexpressed microRNA-182 promotes proliferation and invasion in prostate cancer PC-3 cells by down-regulating N-myc downstream regulated gene 1 (NDRG1). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68982 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that miR-182 plays an important role in the proliferation of human prostate cancer cells by directly suppressing the tumor supressor gene NDRG1. We uncovered a new epigenetic regulation of NDRG1. ..
- Yi Q, Cao Y, Liu O, Lu Y, Wang J, Wang S, et al. Spatial and temporal expression of histone demethylase, Kdm2a, during murine molar development. Biotech Histochem. 2016;91:137-44 pubmed publisher..Kdm2a expression may be closely related to cell proliferation, to ameloblast and odontoblast differentiation and to the secretion of extracellular enamel and dentin during murine tooth development. ..
- Zhu Z, Meng M, Sun H, Li Y, Yu N, Zhang Y. Structural analysis and immunostimulatory activity of glycopeptides from Paecilomyces sinensis. Food Funct. 2016;7:1593-600 pubmed publisher..Cell proliferation assay and morphological observations indicated that in a certain range of concentrations and time, CPS-II can significantly improve the proliferation activity of RAW264.7 cells. ..
- Ning T, Zhang H, Wang X, Li S, Zhang L, Deng T, et al. miR-221 and miR-222 synergistically regulate hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1 to promote cell proliferation and migration in gastric cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701636 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data illustrated a novel pathway comprising miR-221and miR-222 and hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1 in gastric cancer, which is a potential target for future clinical use. ..
- Wang F, Sha L, Ye L, Zhang X. Promotion of cell proliferation by HBXIP via upregulation of human telomerase reverse transcriptase in human mesenchymal stem cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2008;29:83-9 pubmed
- Zhang W, Cai N, Ye L, Zhang X. Transformation of human liver L-O2 cells mediated by stable HBx transfection. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:1153-61 pubmed publisher..The L-O2-X cell line is an ideal model for investigating the mechanism of HBx-mediated transformation. ..
- Zhou X, Qin X, Zhang X, Ye L. Downregulation of Dickkopf-1 is responsible for high proliferation of breast cancer cells via losing control of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010;31:202-10 pubmed publisher..Our finding provides a new insight into the mechanism of breast cancer cell proliferation. ..
- Xu Z, Wang F, Gao M, Chen X, Hu W, Xu R. Targeting the Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase alpha1 subunit of hepatoma HepG2 cell line to induce apoptosis and cell cycle arresting. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:743-51 pubmed..We believe that targeting of the Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase alpha1 subunit in human HCC cells could provide new sight into the treatment of HCC...
- Han L, Zhang A, Zhou X, Xu P, Wang G, Pu P, et al. Downregulation of Dicer enhances tumor cell proliferation and invasion. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:299-305 pubmed
- Sun W, Yang S, Shen W, Li H, Gao Y, Zhu T. Identification of DeltaEF1 as a novel target that is negatively regulated by LMO2 in T-cell leukemia. Eur J Haematol. 2010;85:508-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings revealed that ectopically expressed LMO2 impaired the function of DeltaEF1 in both transcriptional and protein levels and identified DeltaEF1 as a novel pathogenic target of LMO2 in T-cell leukemia. ..
- Qiang R, Wang F, Shi L, Liu M, Chen S, Wan H, et al. Plexin-B1 is a target of miR-214 in cervical cancer and promotes the growth and invasion of HeLa cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:632-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that plexin-B1, a target of miR-214, may function as an oncogene in human cervical cancer HeLa cells. ..
- Xie L, Zheng Y, Li X, Zhao J, Chen X, Chen L, et al. Enhanced proliferation of human hepatoma cells by PAR-2 agonists via the ERK/AP-1 pathway. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1665-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate that PAR-2 enhances proliferation of human hepatoma cells possibly via the ERK/AP-1 pathway. ..
- Li Y, Pal R, Sung L, Feng H, Miao W, Cheng S, et al. An opposite effect of the CDK inhibitor, p18(INK4c) on embryonic stem cells compared with tumor and adult stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45212 pubmed publisher..Our current study suggests that targeting p18 in different cell types may yield different outcomes, thereby having implications for therapeutic manipulations of cell cycle machinery in stem cells. ..
- Li T, Chen H, Yang Z, Liu X, Zhang L, Wang H. Evaluation of the immunosuppressive activity of artesunate in vitro and in vivo. Int Immunopharmacol. 2013;16:306-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations exhibit the potential of developing AST as a novel safe remedy for the treatment of T cell-mediated immune disorders. ..
- Bosco Clément G, Zhang F, Chen Z, Zhou H, Li H, Mikami I, et al. Targeting Gli transcription activation by small molecule suppresses tumor growth. Oncogene. 2014;33:2087-97 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that blocking Gli transactivation, an important control point of multiple oncogenic pathways, may be an effective anticancer strategy. ..
- Mo J, Sun B, Zhao X, Gu Q, Dong X, Liu Z, et al. The in-vitro spheroid culture induces a more highly differentiated but tumorigenic population from melanoma cell lines. Melanoma Res. 2013;23:254-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, sphere formation in nonadherent cultures may not be a preferred surrogate in-vitro method for enriching melanoma stem cells according to candidate markers but may be a favorable condition for activating potential CSCs. ..
- Zhao N, Li X, He X, Qiu Y, Zhu L, Qi F. Interleukin-15 gene therapy and the mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor everolimus inhibit the growth of metastatic breast cancer. J Gene Med. 2013;15:366-74 pubmed publisher..IL-15 gene therapy was potentially useful for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer. The possibility of combining immunotherapy with everolimus requires further study. ..
- Wu G, Wang N, Luo Y, Zhang Y, Wang P, Zhu Z, et al. Metabolic perturbation of epigenome by inhibiting S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase elicits senescence through DNA damage response in hepatoma cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317699117 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrated that metabolic perturbation of chromatin status in oncogene-activated cancers could be an optional intervention to sensitize DNA damage response signaling. ..
- Liu H, Wang M, Li M, Wang D, Rao Q, Wang Y, et al. Expression and role of DJ-1 in leukemia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;375:477-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, DJ-1 might be involved in leukemogesis through regulating cell growth, proliferation, and apoptosis. It could be a potential therapeutic target for leukemia. ..
- Lu X, Liu W, Wu J, Li M, Wang J, Wu J, et al. A polysaccharide fraction of adlay seed (Coixlachryma-jobi L.) induces apoptosis in human non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:846-51 pubmed publisher..The assay data suggest that in addition to its nutritional properties, CP-1 is a very promising candidate polysaccharide for the development of anti-cancer medicines. ..
- Hua J, Li Z, Xia W, Yang N, Gong J, Zhang J, et al. Preparation and properties of EDC/NHS mediated crosslinking poly (gamma-glutamic acid)/epsilon-polylysine hydrogels. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;61:879-92 pubmed publisher..Considering the simple preparation process and pH-sensitive property, these PGA/PL hydrogels might have high potential for use in medical and clinical fields. ..
- Ning L, Li Z, Wei D, Chen H, Yang C. LncRNA, NEAT1 is a prognosis biomarker and regulates cancer progression via epithelial-mesenchymal transition in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Cancer Biomark. 2017;19:75-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, NEAT1 may be an important mediator in the regulation of ccRCC progression and predicts the poor prognosis in patients with ccRCC. ..
- Juan L, Dawei Z, Julie A. Increased number and differentiation of neural precursor cells in the brainstem of superoxide dismutase 1(G93A) (G1H) transgenic mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neurol Res. 2007;29:204-9 pubmed..Future studies could be directed at controlling the differentiation of these endogenous NPCs into neurons and astrocytes in order to ameliorate the degeneration within the brainstem of the ALS mouse. ..
- Yang Q, Gu J, Du L, Jia L, Qin L, Wang Y, et al. ShRNA-mediated Ku80 gene silencing inhibits cell proliferation and sensitizes to gamma-radiation and mitomycin C-induced apoptosis in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma lines. J Radiat Res. 2008;49:399-407 pubmed..Hence Ku80 may serve as a promising therapeutic target, particularly for recurrent esophageal tumors. ..
- Li H, Wang Y, Gao Y, Shao J, Zhao X, Deng W, et al. Effects of raf kinase inhibitor protein expression on metastasis and progression of human epithelial ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:917-28 pubmed publisher..Our data show the effect of RKIP on the proliferation, migration, or adhesion of OVCA cells. These results indicate that RKIP is also a metastasis suppressor gene of human epithelial OVCA. ..
- Zhang L, Takaishi Y, Zhang Y, Duan H. [Studies on chemical constituents from rhizome of Anemone flaccida]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2008;33:1696-9 pubmed..To study the chemical constituents from Anemone flaccida...
- Ren Y, Kang C, Yuan X, Zhou X, Xu P, Han L, et al. Co-delivery of as-miR-21 and 5-FU by poly(amidoamine) dendrimer attenuates human glioma cell growth in vitro. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2010;21:303-14 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that our co-delivery system may have important clinical applications in the treatment of miR-21-overexpressing glioblastoma. ..
- Sun J, Yu J, Li H, Yang L, Wei F, Yu W, et al. Upregulated expression of indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase in CHO cells induces apoptosis of competent T cells and increases proportion of Treg cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2011;30:82 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IDO helps to create a tolerogenic milieu in breast tumors by directly inducing T cell apoptosis and enhancing Treg-mediated immunosuppression. ..
- Zhang W, Yan H. Dysfunction of circulating endothelial progenitor cells in type 1 diabetic rats with diabetic retinopathy. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2013;251:1123-31 pubmed publisher..Significantly raised EPC numbers during DR formation and progression were also found. The reduced numbers and impaired function of circulating EPC may contribute to the pathogenesis of DR in T1DM rats. ..
- Lu W, Zhao M, Rajbhandary S, Xie F, Chai X, Mu J, et al. Free iron catalyzes oxidative damage to hematopoietic cells/mesenchymal stem cells in vitro and suppresses hematopoiesis in iron overload patients. Eur J Haematol. 2013;91:249-61 pubmed publisher..We therefore aim to investigate the effect of iron overload on hematopoiesis in the patients and explore the role of ROS in iron-induced oxidative damage in hematopoietic cells and microenvironment in vitro...
- Liu B, Zhao L, Yu X, Han Z, Lu S, Yang R, et al. Live attenuated Salmonella carrying platelet factor 4 cDNAs as radioprotectors. Radiat Res. 2006;166:352-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate a novel biological function of PF4 as a protector against radiation injury and suggest that attenuated Salmonella could be used in vivo as a PF4 DNA delivery vector in the management of radiation injury. ..
- Sun T, Sun B, Ni C, Zhao X, Wang X, Qie S, et al. Pilot study on the interaction between B16 melanoma cell-line and bone-marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells. Cancer Lett. 2008;263:35-43 pubmed publisher..BMSCs promoted proliferation of tumor cells and improved the microenvironment in tumor. Our study suggests that the BMSCs may play an important role in tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Chen H, Bi W, Cao B, Yang Z, Chen S, Shang H, et al. A novel podophyllotoxin derivative (YB-1EPN) induces apoptosis and down-regulates express of P-glycoprotein in multidrug resistance cell line KBV200. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;627:69-74 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that YB-1EPN has the potentiality to overcome P-glycoprotein-mediated multidrug resistance in the KBV200 cell line. ..
- Wang X, Tang S, Zhai H, Duan H. [Studies on anti-tumor metastatic constituents from Ardisia Crenata]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2011;36:881-5 pubmed..To study the anti-tumor metastatic constituents from Ardisia Crenata...
- Hong W, Li J, Wang B, Chen L, Niu W, Yao Z, et al. Epigenetic involvement of Alien/ESET complex in thyroid hormone-mediated repression of E2F1 gene expression and cell proliferation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;415:650-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that ESET is involved in TR?1-mediated transcription repression and provide a molecular basis of thyroid hormone-induced repression of proliferation. ..
- Zhang W, Kong G, Zhang J, Wang T, Ye L, Zhang X. MicroRNA-520b inhibits growth of hepatoma cells by targeting MEKK2 and cyclin D1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31450 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights into the role of miR-520b in the development of HCC, and implicate the potential application of miR-520b in cancer therapy. ..
- Wu B, Zhang F, Yu M, Zhao P, Ji W, Zhang H, et al. Up-regulation of Anxa2 gene promotes proliferation and invasion of breast cancer MCF-7 cells. Cell Prolif. 2012;45:189-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that up-regulation of Anxa2 may play an important role in modulating proliferation and invasion of breast cancer MCF-7 cells through regulation of many relevant downstream target genes. ..
- Ji Y, Yang Z, Han Z, Meng L, Liang L, Feng X, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells support proliferation and terminal differentiation of B cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2012;30:1526-37 pubmed publisher..PGE2 partially mediated the immunosuppressive activity of human UC-MSC but IL-6 did not regulate this activity. MSC promote proliferation and differentiation of B cells in vitro and in vivo partially through PGE2 but not IL-6. ..
- Lu W, Zhao M, Sajin R, Zhao N, Xie F, Xiao X, et al. [Effect and mechanism of iron-catalyzed oxidative stress on mesenchymal stem cells]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2013;35:6-12 pubmed publisher..Iron overload can inhibit the proliferation of MSCs and induce their apoptosis through the generation of ROS, which is probably due to the stimulation of p38MAPK- p53 signaling pathway. ..
- Sun X, Liu M, Hao J, Li D, Luo Y, Wang X, et al. Parkin deficiency contributes to pancreatic tumorigenesis by inducing spindle multipolarity and misorientation. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1133-41 pubmed publisher..Parkin-depleted cells also show a significant increase in spindle misorientation. These findings indicate crucial involvement of parkin deficiency in the pathogenesis of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Ye X, Cai S, Xu G, Dou Y, Hu H, Ye X. Preparation and in vitro evaluation of mesoporous hydroxyapatite coated ?-TCP porous scaffolds. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013;33:5001-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that the mesoporous HA coating would provide a good environment for cell growth, suggesting that it could be used as the coating material for the surface modification of the tissue engineering scaffolds. ..
- Ma C, Qi Y, Shao L, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. Downregulation of miR-7 upregulates Cullin 5 (CUL5) to facilitate G1/S transition in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. IUBMB Life. 2013;65:1026-34 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-7 suppresses colony formation and causes cell cycle arrest via upregulation of CUL5, and it may function as a tumor suppressor in HCC. ..
- Guo R, Gu J, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Gu C. MiR-451 Promotes Cell Proliferation and Metastasis in Pancreatic Cancer through Targeting CAB39. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:2381482 pubmed publisher..Our findings improve our understanding of the function of miR-451 in the identification and therapy of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Zhang X, Ma Z, Wang Y, Sun B, Guo X, Pan C, et al. Angelica Dahurica ethanolic extract improves impaired wound healing by activating angiogenesis in diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177862 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight an angiogenic role of ADEE and its ability to protect against impaired wound healing, which may be developed as a promising therapy for impaired angiogenesis and delayed wound healing in diabetes. ..
- Zhao W, Li X, Wang J, Wang C, Jia Y, Yuan S, et al. Decreasing Eukaryotic Initiation Factor 3C (EIF3C) Suppresses Proliferation and Stimulates Apoptosis in Breast Cancer Cell Lines Through Mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) Pathway. Med Sci Monit. 2017;23:4182-4191 pubmed..24±0.2307, p<0.01). The mTOR signaling pathway was involved in decreasing EIF3C translational efficiency. CONCLUSIONS Unveiling the mechanisms of EIF3 action in tumorigenesis may help identify attractive targets for cancer therapy. ..
- Zhang M, Chen H, Huang J, Li Z, Zhu C, Zhang S. Effect of lycium barbarum polysaccharide on human hepatoma QGY7703 cells: inhibition of proliferation and induction of apoptosis. Life Sci. 2005;76:2115-24 pubmed..Taken together, the study suggests that the induction of cell cycle arrest and the increase of intracellular calcium in apoptotic system may participate in the antiproliferative activity of LBP in QGY7703 cells...
- Guo Z, Zheng C, Chen Z, Gu D, Du W, Ge J, et al. Fetal BM-derived mesenchymal stem cells promote the expansion of human Th17 cells, but inhibit the production of Th1 cells. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:2840-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that IL-6 and IL-1, instead of IL-23, may be partly involved in the expansion of Th17 cells. ..
- Wan H, Guo L, Liu T, Liu M, Li X, Tang H. Regulation of the transcription factor NF-kappaB1 by microRNA-9 in human gastric adenocarcinoma. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:16 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-9 targets NF-kappaB1 and regulates gastric cancer cell growth, suggesting that miR-9 shows tumor suppressive activity in human gastric cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Yu J, Zheng C, Ren X, Li J, Liu M, Zhang L, et al. Intravenous administration of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells benefits experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis mice through an immunomodulatory action. Scand J Immunol. 2010;72:242-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrated that hMSC treatment was therapeutically useful in autoimmune myasthenia gravis mice, and the underlying mechanism may relate with their immunomodulatory potential...
- Lu W, Fan J, Wen J, Xia Z, Caiyin Q. Kinetic analysis and modeling of daptomycin batch fermentation by Streptomyces roseosporus. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2011;163:453-62 pubmed publisher..This model appeared to provide a reasonable description for each parameter during the growth phase and fitted fairly well with the experiment data. ..
- Cheng W, Lin Z, Wei B, Zeng Q, Han B, Wei C, et al. Single-walled carbon nanotube induction of rat aortic endothelial cell apoptosis: Reactive oxygen species are involved in the mitochondrial pathway. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:564-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that single-walled carbon nanotubes induce apoptosis in rat aorta endothelial cells and that reactive oxygen species are involved in the mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Wei S, Hao C, Li X, Zhao H, Chen J, Zhou Q. Effects of BTG2 on proliferation inhibition and anti-invasion in human lung cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2012;33:1223-30 pubmed publisher..05). The overexpression of BTG2 may inhibit the protein expression of cyclin D1, MMP-1, and MMP-2 in A549 cells. The overexpression of BTG2 may inhibit the growth, proliferation, and invasiveness of the A549 human lung cancer cell line. ..
- Kang H, Wang F, Wei Q, Zhao Y, Liu M, Li X, et al. miR-20a promotes migration and invasion by regulating TNKS2 in human cervical cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:897-904 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we concluded that miR-20a can promote migration and invasion of cervical cancer cells through the upregulation of TNKS2. ..
- Du Y, Kong G, You X, Zhang S, Zhang T, Gao Y, et al. Elevation of highly up-regulated in liver cancer (HULC) by hepatitis B virus X protein promotes hepatoma cell proliferation via down-regulating p18. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:26302-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that the up-regulated HULC by HBx promotes proliferation of hepatoma cells through suppressing p18. This finding provides new insight into the roles of lncRNAs in HBx-related hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhao Y, Li L, Shen Y, Cai X, Zhang X, et al. The oncoprotein HBXIP upregulates PDGFB via activating transcription factor Sp1 to promote the proliferation of breast cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:305-10 pubmed publisher..In function, HBXIP enhanced the proliferation of breast cancer cells through PDGFB in vitro. Thus, we conclude that HBXIP upregulates PDGFB via activating transcription factor Sp1 to promote proliferation of breast cancer cells. ..