Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on apoptosis in Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Locale: Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- Huang R, Chen X, Huang Y, Chen N, Zeng H. The multikinase inhibitor sorafenib induces caspase-dependent apoptosis in PC-3 prostate cancer cells. Asian J Androl. 2010;12:527-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, sorafenib induces apoptosis through a caspase-dependent mechanism with down-regulated anti-apoptotic proteins in androgen-independent prostate cancer cells in vitro. ..
- Lu Y, Jin X, Chen Y, Li S, Yuan Y, Mai G, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells protect islets from hypoxia/reoxygenation-induced injury. Cell Biochem Funct. 2010;28:637-43 pubmed publisher..This study provides an experimental basis for therapeutic strategies based on enhancing islet function. ..
- Luo D, Yang G, Liu J, Yang Y, Dong Q. Effects of varicocele on testosterone, apoptosis and expression of StAR mRNA in rat Leydig cells. Asian J Androl. 2011;13:287-91 pubmed publisher..01). Our data show that varicocele did impair Leydig cell function by increasing apoptosis and suppressing the expression of the StAR protein...
- Gou L, Wang W, Tong A, Yao Y, Zhou Y, Yi C, et al. Proteomic identification of RhoA as a potential biomarker for proliferation and metastasis in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Mol Med (Berl). 2011;89:817-27 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that RhoA may serve as a potential biomarker and an attractive therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Guo N, Peng Z. MG132, a proteasome inhibitor, induces apoptosis in tumor cells. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2013;9:6-11 pubmed publisher..In this article we review the mechanism of the induction of apoptosis in order to provide information required for research. ..
- Yang Y, Tong Y, Gong M, Lu Y, Wang C, Zhou M, et al. Activation of PPARβ/δ protects pancreatic β cells from palmitate-induced apoptosis by upregulating the expression of GLP-1 receptor. Cell Signal. 2014;26:268-78 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that the anti-apoptotic action of GW may involve its transcriptional regulation of GLP-1R, and PPARβ/δ activation may represent a new therapeutic method for protecting pancreatic β cells from lipotoxicity. ..
- Yan J, Wang Q, Zheng X, Sun H, Zhou Y, Li D, et al. Luteolin enhances TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand's anticancer activity in a lung cancer xenograft mouse model. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;417:842-6 pubmed publisher..Data from this study thus provide strong in vivo evidence supporting that luteolin is a potential sensitizer for TRAIL in anticancer therapy. ..
- Li Y, Hu Z, Chen B, Bu Q, Lu W, Deng Y, et al. Taurine attenuates methamphetamine-induced autophagy and apoptosis in PC12 cells through mTOR signaling pathway. Toxicol Lett. 2012;215:1-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study shows that taurine protects METH-induced PC12 cells damage by attenuating ROS production, apoptosis and autophagy, at least in part, via mTOR signaling pathway...
- Liu G, Wang C, Ding Z. Overexpression of the truncated form of Livin reveals a complex interaction with caspase-3. Int J Oncol. 2013;42:2037-45 pubmed publisher..This second cleavage was possibly related to activated caspase-3. The resulted C-terminal fragment (livC) was an anti-apoptotic factor. Our study may help to deepen our understanding of the role of Livin in the regulation of cell death. ..
- Peng C, Ma J, Gao X, Tian P, Li W, Zhang L. High glucose induced oxidative stress and apoptosis in cardiac microvascular endothelial cells are regulated by FoxO3a. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79739 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that high glucose induced FoxO3a activation which suppressed ROS accumulation, and in parallel, resulted in apoptosis of CMECs. ..
- Zhao Y, Bu Q, Zhou Y, Lv L, Yan G, Chen B, et al. Mechanism study of Aconitum-induced neurotoxicity in PC12 cells: involvement of dopamine release and oxidative damage. Neurotoxicology. 2010;31:752-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate that Aconitum can evoke dopamine release from dopaminergic neurons; excessive extracellular of dopamine can then create stresses on cellular antioxidant systems and induce neuron apoptosis...
- He Y, Huang J, Wang P, Shen X, Li S, Yang L, et al. Emodin potentiates the antiproliferative effect of interferon Î±/Î² by activation of JAK/STAT pathway signaling through inhibition of the 26S proteasome. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4664-79 pubmed publisher..Therefore, emodin warrants further investigation as a new means to enhance the efficacy of IFN-Î±/Î². ..
- Li Y, Li M, Wang L, Jiang Z, Li W, Li H. [Induction of apoptosis of cultured hepatocarcinoma cell by essential oil of Artemisia Annul L]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2004;35:337-9 pubmed..The sub-G1 peak was exhibited by FCM, and the DNA ladder pattern was observed. These findings demonstrated that the essential oil of Artemisia annul L. could induce apoptosis of cultured SMMC-7721. ..
- Zeng L, Peng Z. [Growth inhibitory effects of THY1 gene on epithelial ovarian cancer SKOV3 cells]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2007;27:84-7, 91 pubmed..1(+)-THY1 can be expressed stably in human ovarian cancer cell line SKOV3. THY1 transfection can inhibit the growth of SKOV3 cells in vitro, suggesting the important role of THY1 gene in pathogenesis and development of ovarian cancer. ..
- Li T, Li J, Liu J, Zhang P, Wu W, Zhou R, et al. Polymerized placenta hemoglobin attenuates ischemia/reperfusion injury and restores the nitroso-redox balance in isolated rat heart. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;46:397-405 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that HBOCs protected isolated heart from I/R injury and this protection was associated with attenuation of NO-mediated myocardial apoptosis and restoration of the nitroso-redox balance. ..
- He W, Meng T, Wu M, Shi B, Lu S, Li C. Perturbation of Fgf10 signal pathway in mouse embryonic palate by dexamethasone and vitamin B12 in vivo. J Pediatr Surg. 2010;45:2030-5 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to assess whether dexamethasone and vitamin B(12) affected the Fgf10 signal pathway of mouse embryonic palate...
- Chen T, Guo Z, Li M, Li J, Jiao X, Zhang Y, et al. Tumour necrosis factor-like weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK), an important mediator of endothelial inflammation, is associated with the pathogenesis of Henoch-Schonlein purpura. Clin Exp Immunol. 2011;166:64-71 pubmed publisher..TWEAK may act as a regulator of nuclear factor-?B (NF-?B) activation and chemokine production in human dermal microvascular endothelial cells, thus promoting leucocyte migration in cutaneous vasculitis. ..
- Wu B, Bao L, Sun Z, Li D, Zhang Y. [The OmpA-like protein Loa22 from Leptospira interrogans serovar lai induces apoptosis in A549 via Ca2+ signal pathway]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2011;42:298-302 pubmed..To study the effect of Loa22 mature peptide on the apoptosis of A549 to explore the mechanism of pulmonary impairment in severe forms of leptospirosis...
- Xue H, Huang X, He D, Lin S, Wang S, Niu T. [Effects of Marsdenia tenacissima extract on proliferation and apoptosis of hematologic neoplasm cell line cells]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2012;43:174-9 pubmed
- Gao X, Wang B, Wei X, Men K, Zheng F, Zhou Y, et al. Anticancer effect and mechanism of polymer micelle-encapsulated quercetin on ovarian cancer. Nanoscale. 2012;4:7021-30 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that QU/MPEG-PCL micelles were a novel nano-formulation of quercetin with a potential clinical application in ovarian cancer therapy. ..
- Xie G, Xie Y, Hu Y, Zhu Z. Cytotoxic sesquiterpenoids from Ligularia pleurocaulis. Phytochemistry. 2016;125:99-105 pubmed publisher..2, 5.6 and 8.4 Î¼M against MCF-7, HepG2 and A549, respectively. ..
- Shi W, Deng J, Tong R, Yang Y, He X, Lv J, et al. Molecular mechanisms underlying mangiferin-induced apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in A549 human lung carcinoma cells. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:3423-32 pubmed publisher..The present study clarified the molecular mechanisms underlying mangiferin-induced antitumor activities, and suggested that mangiferin may be considered a potential antineoplastic drug for the future treatment of cancer. ..
- Wang H, Mu D. [17??estradiol suppresses hyperoxia?induced apoptosis of oligodendrocyte precursor cells through paired?immunoglobulin?like receptor B]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2016;18:650-5 pubmed..E2 treatment markedly down-regulated the expression of PirB. E2 treatment or PirB silencing markedly decreased hyperoxia-induced apoptosis and increased cell viability in OPCs. E2 can protect OPCs from hyperoxia-induced apoptosis. ..
- Liu Y, Chen X, Yu J, Chi J, Long F, Yang H, et al. Deletion Of XIAP reduces the severity of acute pancreatitis via regulation of cell death and nuclear factor-ÎºB activity. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2685 pubmed publisher..The critical role of XIAP in cell death and inflammation suggests that inhibition of XIAP represents a potential therapeutic strategy for the treatment of acute pancreatitis. ..
- Hu J, Chen L, Liu L, Chen X, Chen P, Yang G, et al. Liposomal honokiol, a potent anti-angiogenesis agent, in combination with radiotherapy produces a synergistic antitumor efficacy without increasing toxicity. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:617-28 pubmed..Liposomal honokiol can enhance tumor cell radiosensitivity in vitro and in vivo, indicating that radiotherapy combined with liposomal honokiol can lead to greater anti-tumor efficacy. ..
- Liu L, Deng H, Wang Y, Chen P, Yang Y, Yang H, et al. A novel strategy for tumour therapy combining cell apoptosis and active immunity induced by caspy2, a zebrafish caspase. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:2271-81 pubmed publisher..In this study, we developed a novel anticancer strategy that combines both induction of apoptosis and immune response in mice-bearing tumours with a single caspy2 gene. This approach may provide an important way for treatment of cancer. ..
- Wang J, Yin Y, Hua H, Li M, Luo T, Xu L, et al. Blockade of GRP78 sensitizes breast cancer cells to microtubules-interfering agents that induce the unfolded protein response. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3888-97 pubmed publisher..Combination of compounds capable of suppressing GRP78 might be a novel approach for improving the effectiveness of microtubules-targeted chemotherapy. ..
- Li J, Liu X, Ran X, Chen J, Li X, Wu W, et al. Sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c knockdown protected INS-1E cells from lipotoxicity. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2010;12:35-46 pubmed publisher..SREBP-1c might be a major factor responsible for beta-cell lipotoxicity, and SREBP-1c knockdown could protect INS-1E cells from lipotoxicity, which is implicating a therapeutic potential for treating diabetes related to lipotoxicity. ..
- Sun W, Chen J, Wang Y, Zheng H. Autophagy protects breast cancer cells from epirubicin-induced apoptosis and facilitates epirubicin-resistance development. Autophagy. 2011;7:1035-44 pubmed..Also, this finding indicates that the use of clinically applicable autophagy inhibitors might be one of the important strategies for breast cancer therapy. ..
- Fu L, Zhou C, Yao S, Yu J, Liu B, Bao J. Plant lectins: targeting programmed cell death pathways as antitumor agents. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:1442-9 pubmed publisher..And, this research may, in turn, ultimately help cancer biologists and clinicians to exploit lectins as potential novel antitumor drugs in the future...
- Li D, Qu Y, Li J, Zhang L, Xiong T, Mu D. [Role of the FOXO3a transcription factor in neuronal apoptosis in neonatal rats with hypoxic-ischemic brain damage]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2013;15:1023-7 pubmed..HI induces FOXO3a translocation from cytoplasm to nucleus, and enhances protein expression of its target gene Bim in the neonatal rat brain. The upregulation of Bim expression might be related to neuronal apoptosis. ..
- Zou Y, Zhang J, Wang J, Peng L, Li G, Wang L. Erythropoietin Receptor Activation Protects the Kidney From Ischemia/Reperfusion-Induced Apoptosis by Activating ERK/p53 Signal Pathway. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:217-21 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that EPO pretreatment can attenuate renal IR injury by inhibiting apoptosis by promoting activation of the ERK/p53 signaling. ..
- Cao D, Wang X, Lei L, Ma L, Wang F, Wang C, et al. Synthesis, in vitro and in vivo evaluation of novel substituted N-(4-(2-(4-benzylpiperazin-1-yl)ethoxy)phenyl)-N-methyl-quinazolin-4-amines as potent antitumor agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1931-5 pubmed publisher..Importantly, 7a significantly inhibited tumor growths in HepG2 xenograft models without causing significant loss of body weight, suggesting that 7a is a promising new anticancer agent to be developed. ..
- Lan T, Zhao H, Xiang B, Wang J, Liu Y. Suture compression induced midpalatal suture chondrocyte apoptosis with increased caspase-3, caspase-9, Bad, Bak, Bax and Bid expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;489:179-186 pubmed publisher..No expression of Bcl-2 and Bcl-xl was detected. Continuous compression force induces chondrocytes apoptosis in the mid-palatal suture. This process might be associated with the mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Yang W, Li G, Zhou Q, Liu W, Chen N, Gong J. [The frequency of API2-MALT1 fusion gene variants in MALT lymphoma and its correlation with apoptosis of MALT lymphoma]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2005;22:35-9 pubmed..A1446-M1123 was noted to be probably the main type of API2-MALT1 variant in MALT lymphoma of Chinese. API2-MALT1 transcript was confirmed to be associated with the levels of apoptosis and API2 of MALT lymphoma. ..
- Gou L, Tong A, Yan F, Yuan Z, He F, Wang W, et al. Altered protein-expressing profile in hPNAS4-induced apoptosis in A549 human lung adenocarcinoma cells. J Cell Biochem. 2009;108:1211-9 pubmed publisher..Our data provide molecular evidence and possible associated pathway in hPNAS4-induced apoptosis through proteomic strategy, which should be contributed to further investigation on biological function of hPNAS4. ..
- Xie Y, Chen S, Wang C, Tang C. SOM230 combined with celecoxib prolongs the survival in nude mice with HepG-2 xenografts. Cancer Biol Ther. 2011;12:86-92 pubmed publisher..This impressive strategy appears promising as a systemic therapy for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). ..
- Liu P, Gou M, Yi T, Qi X, Xie C, Zhou S, et al. The enhanced antitumor effects of biodegradable cationic heparin-polyethyleneimine nanogels delivering HSulf-1 gene combined with cisplatin on ovarian cancer. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:1504-12 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these observations provide evidence that HPEI nanogels delivering HSulf-1 combined with DDP may have a promising application in the therapy of human ovarian cancer. ..
- Cheng L, Tian F, Tang L, Chen G, Luo Z, Ren J, et al. Repression of Farnesoid X receptor contributes to biliary injuries of liver grafts through disturbing cholangiocyte bile acid transport. Am J Transplant. 2013;13:3094-102 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that FXR repression under ischemic/hypoxic conditions contributed to biliary epithelial damages by disturbing BA transporting of cholangiocytes after LT. ..
- Feng J, Xue S, Pang Q, Rang Z, Cui F. miR-141-3p inhibits fibroblast proliferation and migration by targeting GAB1 in keloids. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:302-308 pubmed publisher..All data suggested that miR-141-3p decreased the proliferation and migration of keloid fibroblasts by repressing GAB1 expression, providing a useful target for keloid management. ..
- Yin W, Chen N, Zhang Y, Zeng H, Chen X, He Y, et al. Survivin nuclear labeling index: a superior biomarker in superficial urothelial carcinoma of human urinary bladder. Mod Pathol. 2006;19:1487-97 pubmed..6-26.7, P=0.0080) as well as progression-free survival (RR=4.4, 95% confidence interval=1.3-14.6, P=0.0151). We conclude that BIRC5-N is a superior biologic and prognostic marker for Ta/T1 urothelial carcinomas of urinary bladder. ..
- Ling B, Liang S, Xu Y, Zhao X, Tang M, Liu X, et al. Differential proteomic analysis of HeLa cells treated with Honokiol using a quantitative proteomic strategy. Amino Acids. 2008;35:115-22 pubmed..The changed proteins were classified into 9 different categories, which covered a broad variety of cellular functions. In conclusion, HNK performs cytotoxicity to HeLa cells through co-operating of many proteins and different pathways. ..
- Liu Z, Liu B, Zhang Z, Zhou T, Bian H, Min M, et al. A mannose-binding lectin from Sophora flavescens induces apoptosis in HeLa cells. Phytomedicine. 2008;15:867-75 pubmed publisher..Also, bioinformatics analyses showed that this lectin is speculated to bind a certain mannose-containing receptor on cancer cell surface thereby initiating downstream caspase cascade...
- Wang Y, Tang X, Zhou Q, Che G, Chen X, Zhu D. [An experimental study on targeting suicide gene therapy for lung cancer with HSV-TK driven by hTERT promoter]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2008;39:701-5 pubmed..7%, 14.3%, 7.0% and 8.0% respectively). TK gene driven by hTERT promoter could express selectively in lung cancer cell. Lung cancer cell could be specifically inhibited by HSV-TK/GCV driven by hTERT promoter in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Yang L, Zheng X, Sun H, Zhong Y, Wang Q, He H, et al. Catalase suppression-mediated H(2)O(2) accumulation in cancer cells by wogonin effectively blocks tumor necrosis factor-induced NF-?B activation and sensitizes apoptosis. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:870-6 pubmed publisher..Our data provide important insights into the molecular mechanism underlying wogonin's anticancer activity, and suggest this common flavonoid could be used as a TNF adjuvant for cancer therapy. ..
- Liu D, Huang Y, Zeng J, Chen B, Huang N, Guo N, et al. Down-regulation of JAK1 by RNA interference inhibits growth of the lung cancer cell line A549 and interferes with the PI3K/mTOR pathway. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011;137:1629-40 pubmed publisher..The knockdown of JAK1 significantly inhibits tumourigenicity of the A549 cell line and demonstrates that crosstalk between the JAK1 and PI3K/mTOR pathways is involved. ..
- Xia L, Luo Q, Lin H, Zhang J, Guo H, He C. The effect of different treatment time of millimeter wave on chondrocyte apoptosis, caspase-3, caspase-8, and MMP-13 expression in rabbit surgically induced model of knee osteoarthritis. Rheumatol Int. 2012;32:2847-56 pubmed publisher..But only a decreasing trend of caspase-8 expression was found. ..
- Huang N, Zhu J, Liu D, Li Y, Chen B, He Y, et al. Overexpression of Bcl-2-associated death inhibits A549 cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2012;27:164-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that overexpression of BAD inhibits the growth of A549 cells in vitro and in vivo, through inhibiting cell proliferation and inducing apoptosis. Thus, BAD could be a potential therapeutic target. ..
- He H, Fan P, Yin T, Chen Q, Shi H, Liu S, et al. Local delivery of recombinant adenovirus expressing hepatitis B virus X protein and interleukin-12 results in antitumor effects via inhibition of hepatoma cell growth and intervention of tumor microenvironment. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:599-605 pubmed publisher
- Qiu S, Du Y, Wang L, Hu C. Chromaffin cells of the adrenal gland in the beagle dog. Anat Histol Embryol. 2013;42:144-50 pubmed publisher..Terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase dUTP nick end labelling (TUNEL) assay for detecting the apoptotic signalling identified the apoptosis of the chromaffin cells in the capsule. ..
- Zhou R, Huang W, Ma C, Zhou Y, Yao Y, Wang Y, et al. HOCl oxidation-modified CT26 cell vaccine inhibits colon tumor growth in a mouse model. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:4037-43 pubmed..It may thus represent a promising approach for the immunotherapy of colorectal cancer. ..
- Li C, Wang Y, Wang H, Shi Z, An N, Liu Y, et al. Molecular mechanisms of Lycoris aurea agglutinin-induced apoptosis and G2 /M cell cycle arrest in human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cells, both in vitro and in vivo. Cell Prolif. 2013;46:272-82 pubmed publisher..Lycoris is aurea agglutinin (LAA) has attracted rising attention due to its remarkable bioactivities. Here, we aimed at investigating its anti-tumor activities...
- Mi Y, He M, Liu B. [MiR-133b Affect the Proliferation and Drug Sensitivity in A549 Lung Cancer Stem Cells by Targeting PKM2]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2017;20:376-381 pubmed publisher..05?????miR-133b???????????????PKM2?????P<0.05??DDP??12 h?miR-133b mimics????????????????P<0.05??miR-133b mimics+DDP?PKM2?????????????miR-133b inhibitor??P<0.05???? ???miR-133b??????PKM2???????????????????????????DDP?????. ..
- Yuan S, Wang X, Wei Y. [Anticancer effect of tanshinone and its mechanisms]. Ai Zheng. 2003;22:1363-6 pubmed
- Li M, Wang Y, Guo R, Bai Y, Yu Z. Glucocorticoids impair microglia ability to induce T cell proliferation and Th1 polarization. Immunol Lett. 2007;109:129-37 pubmed..Our data suggest that the inhibitory effects of GC on the APC function of microglia may contribute to the stress-induced suppression of T cell response in the CNS. ..
- Du X, Lang J, Xu J, Lu Y, Wen Y, Zhao J, et al. Vesicular stomatitis virus matrix protein gene enhances the antitumor effects of radiation via induction of apoptosis. Apoptosis. 2008;13:1205-14 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that Lip-MP enhanced the antitumor activity of radiation by increasing the induction of apoptosis. ..
- Duan Z, Zhu X, Zhang Y, Wang Y, Liu Y, Guo H, et al. [Effects of circadian gene mPer1 on therapeutic sensitivity of adriamycin]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2008;39:925-8 pubmed..To study the effects of mPer1 gene on the response of mammary carcinoma EMT6 cells to Adriamycin in vitro...
- Zhuang Z, Jian P, Longjiang L, Bo H, Wenlin X. Oral cancer cells with different potential of lymphatic metastasis displayed distinct biologic behaviors and gene expression profiles. J Oral Pathol Med. 2010;39:168-75 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the differentially expressed gene profiles in cancer progression may be helpful in exploring therapeutic targets and provide the foundation for further functional validation of these specific candidate genes for OSCC. ..
- Lu H, Pang W, Hu Y, Yang H, Huang C, Jiang Y. Effects of intracellular zinc depletion on the expression of VDAC in cultured hippocampal neurons. Nutr Neurosci. 2011;14:80-7 pubmed publisher..Present results implicate a possibility that up-regulation of VDAC1 and down-regulation of VDAC2 may participate in hippocampal neuron injury induced by zinc deficiency. ..
- Zhang L, Gao X, Men K, Wang B, Zhang S, Qiu J, et al. Gene therapy for C-26 colon cancer using heparin-polyethyleneimine nanoparticle-mediated survivin T34A. Int J Nanomedicine. 2011;6:2419-27 pubmed publisher..This research suggests that HPEI nanoparticle-mediated ms-T34A may have a promising role in C-26 colon carcinoma therapy. ..
- Zhao F, Qu Y, Xiong T, Duan Z, Ye Q, Mu D. The neuroprotective role of TERT via an antiapoptotic mechanism in neonatal rats after hypoxia-ischemia brain injury. Neurosci Lett. 2012;515:39-43 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that TERT might function as an anti-apoptotic protein by inhibiting activation of caspase-3, while further studies are needed to evaluate underlying mechanisms. ..
- Chen X, Wu Y, Jiang Y, Zhou Y, Wang Y, Yao Y, et al. Isoliquiritigenin inhibits the growth of multiple myeloma via blocking IL-6 signaling. J Mol Med (Berl). 2012;90:1311-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggested that ISL could inhibit the growth of MM via blocking IL-6 signaling and might serve as a promising therapeutic agent for treatment of MM. ..
- Du X, He S, Jiang Y, Wei L, Hu W. Adiponectin prevents islet ischemia-reperfusion injury through the COX2-TNFα-NF-κB-dependent signal transduction pathway in mice. J Endocrinol. 2013;218:75-84 pubmed publisher..We show that islet protection occurs in response to ischemia-reperfusion and is dependent on the suppression of islet production by TNFα through cyclooxygenase 2 and the inhibition of the TNFα-induced NF-κB activation pathways. ..
- Ni R, Zheng D, Xiong S, Hill D, Sun T, Gardiner R, et al. Mitochondrial Calpain-1 Disrupts ATP Synthase and Induces Superoxide Generation in Type 1 Diabetic Hearts: A Novel Mechanism Contributing to Diabetic Cardiomyopathy. Diabetes. 2016;65:255-68 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel mechanism for and may have significant implications in diabetic cardiac complications. ..
- Ge M, Zhang Y, Liu Y, Liu T, Zeng F. Propagation of field highly pathogenic porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in MARC-145 cells is promoted by cell apoptosis. Virus Res. 2016;213:322-331 pubmed publisher..In summary, these findings demonstrated that apoptotic MARC-145 cells were more susceptible to field HP-PRRSV and propagation of the virus was promoted by effective replication and cell-to-cell transmission of the virus in these cells. ..
- Chu B, Qu Y, Huang Y, Zhang L, Chen X, Long C, et al. PEG-derivatized octacosanol as micellar carrier for paclitaxel delivery. Int J Pharm. 2016;500:345-59 pubmed publisher..PTX micelles showed significant antitumor activity in vivo with low systemic toxicity in 4T1 breast cancer. MPEG2K-C28 micelles entrapping PTX deserve more studies in the future. ..
- An X, Li L, Chen Y, Luo A, Ni Z, Liu J, et al. Mesenchymal Stem Cells Ameliorated Glucolipotoxicity in HUVECs through TSG-6. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:483 pubmed publisher..MSCs had protective effects on high glucose and palmitic acid induced glucolipotoxicity in HUVECs, and TSG-6 secreted by MSCs was likely to play an important role in this process. ..
- Luo Z, Ren J, Huang Z, Wang T, Xiang K, Cheng L, et al. The Role of Exogenous Hydrogen Sulfide in Free Fatty Acids Induced Inflammation in Macrophages. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1635-1644 pubmed publisher..Thus H2S might possess potential in the treatment of diseases resulting from FFA overload like insulin resistance and type diabetes. ..
- Liu B, Li J, Zheng M, Ge J, Li J, Yu P. MiR-542-3p exerts tumor suppressive functions in non-small cell lung cancer cells by upregulating FTSJ2. Life Sci. 2017;188:87-95 pubmed publisher..According to the results, miRNA-542-3p and its targeted FTSJ2 may be indispensable as a predictive biomarker of the response to the treatment in patients with NSCLC. ..
- Xiao W, Chen X, Yang L, Mao Y, Wei Y, Chen L. Co-delivery of doxorubicin and plasmid by a novel FGFR-mediated cationic liposome. Int J Pharm. 2010;393:119-26 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this novel cationic liposome is an efficient vector to simultaneously deliver drugs and DNA to the same cells in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Yu D, Wang C, Shi H, Li Z, Pan L, Yuan Q, et al. Enhancement of cisplatin sensitivity in Lewis Lung carcinoma by liposome-mediated delivery of a survivin mutant. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:46 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine whether a dominant-negative mouse survivin mutant could enhance the anti-tumor activity of CDDP...
- Li J, Wei G, Huang H, Lan Y, Liu B, Liu H, et al. Nerve injury-related autoimmunity activation leads to chronic inflammation and chronic neuropathic pain. Anesthesiology. 2013;118:416-29 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that chronic neuropathic pain might be caused by chronic inflammation resulting from a nervous autoimmune reaction triggered by nerve injury. ..
- Wu W, Ye H, Wan L, Han X, Wang G, Hu J, et al. Millepachine, a novel chalcone, induces G2/M arrest by inhibiting CDK1 activity and causing apoptosis via ROS-mitochondrial apoptotic pathway in human hepatocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:1636-43 pubmed publisher..57% tumor reduction by 5mg/kg i.v. doxorubicin with significant cardiac damage. These effects suggested that MIL and its easily modified structural derivative might be a potential lead compound for antitumor drug. ..
- Jia W, Gao X, Zhang Z, Yang Z, Zhang G. S100A4 silencing suppresses proliferation, angiogenesis and invasion of thyroid cancer cells through downregulation of MMP-9 and VEGF. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2013;17:1495-508 pubmed..Our results provide evidence that the downregulation of S100A4 using RNAi technology may provide an effective tool for thyroid cancer therapy. ..
- Zhao M, Lu L, Lei S, Chai H, Wu S, Tang X, et al. Inhibition of Receptor Interacting Protein Kinases Attenuates Cardiomyocyte Hypertrophy Induced by Palmitic Acid. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:1451676 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, RIPKs-dependent necroptosis might be crucial in PA-induced myocardial hypertrophy. Activation of mTOR may mediate the effect of necroptosis in cardiomyocyte hypertrophy induced by PA. ..
- Li D, Qu Y, Mao M, Zhang X, Li J, Ferriero D, et al. Involvement of the PTEN-AKT-FOXO3a pathway in neuronal apoptosis in developing rat brain after hypoxia-ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2009;29:1903-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the PTEN-Akt-FOXO3a pathway is involved in neuronal apoptosis in neonatal rat brain after HI. Agents targeting PTEN may offer a promise to rescue neurons from HI brain damage. ..
- Zou H, Gan X, Linghu L, Chen C, Hu L, Zhang Y. Intense nanosecond pulsed electric fields promote cancer cell apoptosis through centrosome-dependent pathway involving reduced level of PLK1. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2013;17:152-60 pubmed..Intense nsPEFs promote cell apoptosis through a centrosome-mediated pathway involving a reduction in the level of PLK1, which may provide new therapeutic targets for human cancer treatment. ..
- Hilton B, Liu J, Cartwright B, Liu Y, Breitman M, Wang Y, et al. Progerin sequestration of PCNA promotes replication fork collapse and mislocalization of XPA in laminopathy-related progeroid syndromes. FASEB J. 2017;31:3882-3893 pubmed publisher..M., Liu, Y., Breitman, M., Wang, Y., Jones, R., Tang, H., Rusinol, A., Musich, P. R., Zou, Y. Progerin sequestration of PCNA promotes replication fork collapse and mislocalization of XPA in laminopathy-related progeroid syndromes. ..
- Barzegar M, Ma S, Zhang C, Chen X, Gu Y, Shang C, et al. SKLB188 inhibits the growth of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma by suppressing EGFR signalling. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1154-1163 pubmed publisher..The results provide a basis for further clinical investigation of SKLB188 as a targeted therapy for HNSCC. Our findings may open a new avenue for development of novel EGFR inhibitors for treatment of HNSCC and other cancers. ..