Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Locale: Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Publications657 found, 100 shown here
- Fan Z, Lu Y, Deng L, Li X, Zhi W, Li Ling J, et al. Placenta- versus bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal cells for the repair of segmental bone defects in a rabbit model. FEBS J. 2012;279:2455-65 pubmed publisher..05). Taken together, our results indicate that PMSCs have similar biological characteristics and osteogenic capacity to BMSCs and can be used as a new source of seeding cells for TEBs. ..
- Zhu H, Zhao F, Yu S, He J, Deng L, Yi C, et al. The synergistic effects of low-dose irinotecan and TRAIL on TRAIL-resistant HT-29 colon carcinoma in vitro and in vivo. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:1087-94 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that the combination of TRAIL with low-dose CPT-11 could be an effective therapeutic approach for HT-29 colon carcinoma. ..
- Xiang T, Wang B, Jiang J, Li C, Xie F. The complete mitochondrial genome of Megophrys shapingensis (Amphibia, Anura, Megophryidae). Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:43-5 pubmed publisher..1% C, and 14.3% G. The D-loop region contained 10 copies of 97-bp tandem repeats. The complete mitogenome sequence of M. shapingensis provided fundamental data for resolving phylogenetic and genetic problems related to this species. ..
- Wang L, Wang Y, Zhong T, Li L, Zhang H, Xiong Y. Identification of porcine glycogen synthase kinase 3? (GSK-3?) gene and its association with carcass traits. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;377:65-73 pubmed publisher..05) with loin muscle area, average backfat thickness, thorax-waist fat thickness, and buttock fat thickness. These results provide useful information for further investigation on the function of porcine GSK-3? gene. ..
- Li P, Chen S, Jiang Y, Jiang J, Zhang Z, Sun X. Dendritic cell targeted liposomes-protamine-DNA complexes mediated by synthetic mannosylated cholesterol as a potential carrier for DNA vaccine. Nanotechnology. 2013;24:295101 pubmed publisher..Inspired by these studies, we can conclude that the synthetic mannosylated LPD targeting to DCs was a potential carrier for DNA vaccine. ..
- Zou H, Zhao X, Sun N, Zhang S, Sato T, Yu H, et al. Effect of chronic kidney disease on the healing of titanium implants. Bone. 2013;56:410-5 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that CKD only negatively affects the osseointegration of titanium implants at the early stage. ..
- Gao J, Yin M, Zhu Y, Gu L, Zhang Y, Li Q, et al. Prognostic significance and therapeutic potential of the activation of anaplastic lymphoma kinase/protein kinase B/mammalian target of rapamycin signaling pathway in anaplastic large cell lymphoma. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:471 pubmed publisher..The AKT/mTOR signaling pathway is highly activated in ALK?+?ALCL patients and targeting the AKT/mTOR signaling pathway might confer a great therapeutic potential in ALCL. ..
- Kuang J, Hou X, Zhang J, Chen Y, Su Z. Identification of insulin as a novel retinoic acid receptor-related orphan receptor α target gene. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1071-9 pubmed publisher..These findings identify RORα as a transcriptional activator of insulin and suggest novel therapeutic opportunities for management of the disease. ..
- Qiu L, Wu J, Pan C, Tan X, Lin J, Liu R, et al. Downregulation of CDC27 inhibits the proliferation of colorectal cancer cells via the accumulation of p21Cip1/Waf1. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2074 pubmed publisher..Indeed, these findings provide new perspectives for the future study of CDC27 as a target for CRC treatment. ..
- Yuan Y, Cruzat V, Newsholme P, Cheng J, Chen Y, Lu Y. Regulation of SIRT1 in aging: Roles in mitochondrial function and biogenesis. Mech Ageing Dev. 2016;155:10-21 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on the molecular regulation of SIRT1 and its role in mitochondrial biogenesis during in the context of aging and aging-related diseases. ..
- Ye B, Li Y, Zhu S, Sun S, Hu J, Zou S. Effects of Intermittent Low-Dose Parathyroid Hormone Treatment on Rapid Mandibular Distraction Osteogenesis in Rabbits. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75:1722-1731 pubmed publisher..05). Low-dose intermittent rhPTH administration not only enhances new bone formation but also can prevent fixator-related osteoporosis of surrounding segments after rapid mandibular DO in rabbits. ..
- Kang X, Yang Z, Sheng J, Liu J, Xie Q, Zheng W, et al. Oleanolic acid prevents cartilage degeneration in diabetic mice via PPAR? associated mitochondrial stabilization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:834-840 pubmed publisher..And the reversed SOD2 expression and activity may be ascribed to decreased SOD2 protein degradation by OLA treatment, via PPPA?. In conclusion, OLA protected against the high-glucose-induced cartilage injury via PPAR?/SOD2 pathway. ..
- Luo J, Fang Z, Zhou L, Lai S. [Effects of Carthamus tinctorius injection on bcl-2, caspase-3 expression related to neurons apoptosis after local cerebral ischemia]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2004;29:977-80 pubmed..05). C. tinctorius injection can reduce the volume of cerebral infarction, and increased bcl-2 and decreased caspase-3 expression. ..
- Song M, Yang H, Yao S, Ma F, Li Z, Deng Y, et al. A critical role of vascular endothelial growth factor D in zebrafish embryonic vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:924-30 pubmed
- Zhang H, Gao Z, Chen Y, Wang T. Temporal changes in the level of neurotrophins in the spinal cord and associated precentral gyrus following spinal hemisection in adult Rhesus monkeys. J Chem Neuroanat. 2008;36:138-43 pubmed publisher..Especially, the increase of NT-3 level occurred continuously in both the cPG and the spinal cord pointed to a possible transportation of NT-3 to the cord following SCI. ..
- Zuo C, Xie X, Deng Y, Fan J. [Effect of Astragalus mongholicus on expression of connective tissue growth factor in kidney of SD rats with unilateral ureteral obstruction]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2008;31:1185-90 pubmed..To study the effect of Astrangalus mongholicus (AM) on the expression of Connective Tissue Growth Factor (CTGF) in SD rats with Unilateral Ureteral Obstruction (UUO) and elucidate the mechanism underlying the renorotective effects of AM...
- Xiao J, Wang K, Feng Y, Chen X, Xu D, Zhang M. Role of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 in cigarette smoke-induced mucus hypersecretion in a rat model. Chin Med J (Engl). 2011;124:3327-33 pubmed..05). Inhibition of ERK 1/2 by U0126 decreased the ratio of p-ERK 1/2 to ERK 1/2 and expression of MUC5AC mRNA and protein. ERK 1/2 may play an essential role in cigarette smoke-induced mucus hypersecretion in vivo. ..
- Xie N, Huang K, Lei Y, Ran Y, Huang C. Proteomics annotation of lipid rafts modified by virus infection. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2012;15:253-65 pubmed..In this review, we summarized the research advance regarding modern proteomics analysis of host lipid rafts alterations in response to diverse virus infection. ..
- Jiao W, Chen X, Wang H, Lu R, Shao H. A new hepatotoxic triterpenoid ketone from Curculigo orchioides. Fitoterapia. 2013;84:1-5 pubmed publisher..Their hepatotoxicity effects in human hepatic cell line HL-7702 were tested for the first time...
- Yang M, Wei D, Mo C, Zhang J, Wang X, Han X, et al. Saturated fatty acid palmitate-induced insulin resistance is accompanied with myotube loss and the impaired expression of health benefit myokine genes in C2C12 myotubes. Lipids Health Dis. 2013;12:104 pubmed publisher..These results provide novel evidence indicating the negative role of high concentration of palmitate in myotubes. ..
- Guo F, Dong C, Hua H, Liu S, Luo H, Zhang H, et al. Accurate prediction of human essential genes using only nucleotide composition and association information. Bioinformatics. 2017;33:1758-1764 pubmed publisher..It is also hoped the ?-interval Z curve method could be effectively extended to classification issues of other DNA elements. http://cefg.uestc.edu.cn/Pheg. email@example.com. Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. ..
- Liu Q, Chen K, Liu Z, Huang Y, Zhao R, Wei L, et al. BORIS up-regulates OCT4 via histone methylation to promote cancer stem cell-like properties in human liver cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2017;403:165-174 pubmed publisher..These results revealed that BORIS is associated with the CSC-like traits of human liver cancer cells through the epigenetic regulation of OCT4. ..
- Sun Y, Li Y, Wu Y, Xiong L, Li C, Wang C, et al. Fatty-binding protein and galectin of Baylisascaris schroederi: Prokaryotic expression and preliminary evaluation of serodiagnostic potential. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182094 pubmed publisher..The ELISA based on rBs-FABP showed sensitivity of 95.8% (23/24) and specificity of 100% (12/12), and that based on rBs-GAL had sensitivity of 91.7% (22/24) and specificity of 100% (12/12). ..
- Hu J, Chen L, Liu L, Chen X, Chen P, Yang G, et al. Liposomal honokiol, a potent anti-angiogenesis agent, in combination with radiotherapy produces a synergistic antitumor efficacy without increasing toxicity. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:617-28 pubmed..Liposomal honokiol can enhance tumor cell radiosensitivity in vitro and in vivo, indicating that radiotherapy combined with liposomal honokiol can lead to greater anti-tumor efficacy. ..
- Ma C, Yin W, Cai B, Wu J, Wang J, He M, et al. Toll-like receptor 4/nuclear factor-kappa B signaling detected in brain after early subarachnoid hemorrhage. Chin Med J (Engl). 2009;122:1575-81 pubmed..Activation of the TLR4/NF-kappaB signaling may regulate the inflammatory responses after SAH. ..
- Attwood S. Studies on the parasitology, phylogeography and the evolution of host-parasite interactions for the snail intermediate hosts of medically important trematode genera in Southeast Asia. Adv Parasitol. 2010;73:405-40 pubmed publisher..Work performed in the region on the snail intermediate hosts of other less studied parasites, such as Opisthorchis/Clonorchis and haplorchids, is also described...
- Ma Y, Wang X, Wu X, Wei X, Ma L, Zheng H, et al. (Z)-5-(4-methoxybenzylidene) thiazolidine-2, 4-dione ameliorates the adjuvant-induced arthritis via inhibiting the migration of macrophage and down-regulating the cytokine mRNA expression. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:1456-62 pubmed publisher..SKLB010 also significantly inhibited the histological progress of RA. These data indicate that SKLB010 is a potent anti-inflammatory therapeutic agent targeting the inflammatory response of macrophages. ..
- Lei C, Lin S, Zhang C, Tao W, Dong W, Hao Z, et al. Effects of high-mobility group box1 on cerebral angiogenesis and neurogenesis after intracerebral hemorrhage. Neuroscience. 2013;229:12-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HMGB1 may promote angiogenesis and neurogenesis in the late phase of ICH. ..
- Zhu Y, Men R, Wen M, Hu X, Liu X, Yang L. Blockage of TRPM7 channel induces hepatic stellate cell death through endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated apoptosis. Life Sci. 2014;94:37-44 pubmed publisher..Blockage of TRPM7 could inhibit activation and proliferation of primary HSC and induce apoptotic death of activated cells, in which ER stress was identified as one of possible underlying molecular bases. ..
- Shen Y, Zeng N, Liu J, Jia M, Zhang Y, Wei Y, et al. [Preliminary studies on pharmacological actions of tongca and xiao-tongcao polysaccharides]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 1998;23:741-3, 765 pubmed..To study and compare the immunologic function and antioxidative effect of Tongcao(Tongtuomu) and Xiao-Tongcao(Ximashanjingjiehua, Xinanxiuqiu, Ditanghua) polysaccharides...
- Xiang P, Qiu M, Du Z, Chen M, Wu Z. [The effects of cholecystokinin octapeptide on PKC activity in rat cerebral cortex neurocytes]. Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2002;33:72-4, 120 pubmed..CCK8 may regulate PKC activities in rat cerebral cortex through CCKB receptor. ..
- Wang C, You Z, Xia Q, Xiong T, Xia Y, Yao D. Upregulation of Mark3 and Rpgrip1 mRNA expression by jujuboside A in mouse hippocampus. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:334-8 pubmed..JuA had an inhibitory effect on the spontaneous activity of the mice, and JuA regulated the transcription of Mark3 and Rpgrip1 in the mouse hippocampus. ..
- Jiang L, Zeng X, Yang H, Wang Z, Shen J, Bai J, et al. Oral cancer overexpressed 1 (ORAOV1): a regulator for the cell growth and tumor angiogenesis in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:1779-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrate that ORAOV1 plays pivotal roles in the growth and angiogenesis of OSCC. Thus, ORAOV1 may be a novel target that could be explored to develop therapeutic strategy in OSCC management. ..
- Xiyang Y, Liu S, Liu J, Hao C, Wang Z, Ni W, et al. Roles of platelet-derived growth factor-B expression in the ventral horn and motor cortex in the spinal cord-hemisected rhesus monkey. J Neurotrauma. 2009;26:275-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present findings indicate that intrinsic PDGF-B expressed in the spinal cord may play an essential role in neuroregulation in primates following cord hemisection...
- Zhang W, Zhang Z, Xu X, Wei K, Wang X, Liang X, et al. A new method for DNA extraction from feces and hair shafts of the South China tiger (Panthera tigris amoyensis). Zoo Biol. 2009;28:49-58 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that fecal hairs may serve as a convenient and reliable genomic DNA source for genotype analysis. ..
- Xie X, Eberhart A, Guidoin R, Marois Y, Douville Y, Zhang Z. Five types of polyurethane vascular grafts in dogs: the importance of structural design and material selection. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2010;21:1239-64 pubmed publisher..This study shows the importance of multiple factors in vascular prosthesis design and demonstrates that collective and comprehensive thinking will be key in the future development of creative and novel approaches. ..
- Zhao Y, Bu Q, Zhou Y, Lv L, Yan G, Chen B, et al. Mechanism study of Aconitum-induced neurotoxicity in PC12 cells: involvement of dopamine release and oxidative damage. Neurotoxicology. 2010;31:752-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate that Aconitum can evoke dopamine release from dopaminergic neurons; excessive extracellular of dopamine can then create stresses on cellular antioxidant systems and induce neuron apoptosis...
- Gou M, Men K, Zhang J, Li Y, Song J, Luo S, et al. Efficient inhibition of C-26 colon carcinoma by VSVMP gene delivered by biodegradable cationic nanogel derived from polyethyleneimine. ACS Nano. 2010;4:5573-84 pubmed publisher..The HPEI nanogels delivering pVSVMP have promising application in treating colon carcinoma. ..
- Ning L, Zhang Y, Chen X, Luo J, Li X, Yang Z, et al. Preparation and characterization of decellularized tendon slices for tendon tissue engineering. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012;100:1448-56 pubmed publisher..Overall, the DTSs are sheet scaffolds with a combination of elemental mechanical strength and tendon ECM bioactive factors that may have many potential applications in tendon tissue engineering...
- He J, Huang T, Gan L, Zhou Z, Jiang B, Wu Y, et al. Collagen-infiltrated porous hydroxyapatite coating and its osteogenic properties: in vitro and in vivo study. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012;100:1706-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, modification of HA coating with collagen is a simple but effective biomimetic approach to enhancing the osteointegration and early fixation of bone-implant interface. ..
- Ke Q, Yang R, Ye F, Wang Y, Wu Q, Li L, et al. Impairment of liver regeneration by the histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic acid in mice. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2012;13:695-706 pubmed..HDAC activities are essential for liver regeneration. Inhibiting HDAC activities delays liver regeneration and induces liver cell cycle arrest, thereby causing an anti-proliferative effect on liver regeneration. ..
- Li J, Meng F, Song C, Wang Y, Leung F. Characterization of chicken visfatin gene: cDNA cloning, tissue distribution, and promoter analysis. Poult Sci. 2012;91:2885-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, results from present study will contribute to our better understanding of the expression and roles of visfatin gene in chickens. ..
- Cao D, Han X, Wang G, Yang Z, Peng F, Ma L, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel pyranochalcone derivatives as a new class of microtubule stabilizing agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;62:579-89 pubmed publisher..Further studies confirmed that 10i significantly suppressed the growth of tumor volume in HepG2 xenograft tumor model. Our study demonstrated that 10i could have beneficial antitumor activity as a novel microtubule stabilizing agent. ..
- Zeng T, Tu F, Ma L, Yan C, Yang N, Zhang X, et al. Complete mitochondrial genome of blood pheasant (Ithaginis cruentus). Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:484-6 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analyses further confirmed that Ithaginis clearly diverged later than Arborophila, and Arborophila was a basal branch within Phasianidae. ..
- Li M, Jiang Y, Xu C, Zhang Z, Sun X. Enhanced immune response against HIV-1 induced by a heterologous DNA prime-adenovirus boost vaccination using mannosylated polyethyleneimine as DNA vaccine adjuvant. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:1843-54 pubmed publisher..Owing to the adjuvant effect of man-PEI, the man-PEI/pVAX1-HIV gag priming plus AdV boosting strategy proved to be a potent vaccine candidate against HIV, which could induce a stronger immune response with a lower DNA dose. ..
- Gong C, Wu Q, Wang Y, Zhang D, Luo F, Zhao X, et al. A biodegradable hydrogel system containing curcumin encapsulated in micelles for cutaneous wound healing. Biomaterials. 2013;34:6377-87 pubmed publisher..Histopathologic examination also implied that Cur-M-H could enhance cutaneous wound repair. In conclusion, biodegradable Cur-M-H composite might have great application for wound healing. ..
- Li T, Chen X, Yanagida T, Wang H, Long C, Sako Y, et al. Detection of human taeniases in Tibetan endemic areas, China. Parasitology. 2013;140:1602-7 pubmed publisher..Combined use of self-detection and stool microscopy are recommended in community-based mass screening for taeniases in this Tibetan area or in other situation-similar endemic regions. ..
- Gao X, Deng X, Wei X, Shi H, Wang F, Ye T, et al. Novel thermosensitive hydrogel for preventing formation of abdominal adhesions. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:2453-63 pubmed publisher..The injured parietal and visceral peritoneum remesothelialized over about seven and nine days, respectively. This study confirms that PCEC hydrogel has potential application in the prevention of postoperative adhesions. ..
- Yang M, Du Y, Xu Z, Jiang Y. Functional Effects of WNT1-Inducible Signaling Pathway Protein-1 on Bronchial Smooth Muscle Cell Migration and Proliferation in OVA-Induced Airway Remodeling. Inflammation. 2016;39:16-29 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, WISP1 may be a potential inducer of ASM proliferation and hypertrophy in asthma. The pro-remodeling effect of WISP1 is likely due to be involved in PI3K-GSK3Î²-dependent noncanonical TGF-Î² signaling. ..
- Wu J, Chen H, Li H, Tang Y, Yang L, Cao S, et al. Antidepressant Potential of Chlorogenic Acid-Enriched Extract from Eucommia ulmoides Oliver Bark with Neuron Protection and Promotion of Serotonin Release through Enhancing Synapsin I Expression. Molecules. 2016;21:260 pubmed publisher..EUWE may be developed as the natural drugs for the treatment of depression. ..
- Zhao J, Wen Y, Li Q, Wang Y, Wu H, Xu J, et al. A promising cancer gene therapy agent based on the matrix protein of vesicular stomatitis virus. FASEB J. 2008;22:4272-80 pubmed publisher..These results showed that M protein of VSV can act as both apoptosis inducer and immune response initiator, which may account for its extraordinary antitumor effect and warrant its further development in cancer gene therapy. ..
- Yang Z, Stratton C, Francis P, Kleinman M, Tan P, Gibbs D, et al. Toll-like receptor 3 and geographic atrophy in age-related macular degeneration. N Engl J Med. 2008;359:1456-63 pubmed publisher..Advanced age-related macular degeneration consists of geographic atrophy and choroidal neovascularization. The specific genetic variants that predispose patients to geographic atrophy are largely unknown...
- Yang Z, Cao Y, Wang Y, Luo W, Hua X, Lu Y, et al. Behavioural responses and expression of P2X3 receptor in trigeminal ganglion after experimental tooth movement in rats. Arch Oral Biol. 2009;54:63-70 pubmed publisher..The P2X(3) receptor is important in the development and maintenance of tooth movement pain and thus may be peripheral targets for analgesics in orthodontic pain control. ..
- Wang Y, Tang X, Zhou Q, Che G, Chen X, Zhu D. [An experimental study on targeting suicide gene therapy for lung cancer with HSV-TK driven by hTERT promoter]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2008;39:701-5 pubmed..7%, 14.3%, 7.0% and 8.0% respectively). TK gene driven by hTERT promoter could express selectively in lung cancer cell. Lung cancer cell could be specifically inhibited by HSV-TK/GCV driven by hTERT promoter in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Hu Z, Liu J. Mechanism of cardiac preconditioning with volatile anaesthetics. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2009;37:532-8 pubmed..A more thorough understanding of the multiple signalling steps and the ultimate cytoprotective mechanisms underlying anaesthetic-induced preconditioning may lead to improvements in the management of ischaemia and/or reperfusion injury. ..
- Cheng L, Ye F, Yang R, Lu X, Shi Y, Li L, et al. Osteoinduction of hydroxyapatite/beta-tricalcium phosphate bioceramics in mice with a fractured fibula. Acta Biomater. 2010;6:1569-74 pubmed publisher..The results support the hypothesis that intrinsic osteoinduction by calcium phosphate ceramics is the result of adsorption of osteoinductive substances on the surface. ..
- Du L, Zhou J, Tang J, An Q, Lin K, Wu X, et al. Aprotinin combined with nitric oxide and prostaglandin E1 protects the canine kidney from cardiopulmonary bypass-induced injury. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010;38:98-103 pubmed publisher..05). Aprotinin combined with NO and PGE(1) produced synergistic protective effects and improved renal function, due partly to inhibition of platelet and neutrophil activation and suppression of thrombin formation. ..
- Yang B, Gan L, Qu Y, Yue C. Anti-inflammatory properties of bioactive titanium metals. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;94:700-5 pubmed publisher..The bioactive AO-Ti had better anti-inflammatory properties than the AH-Ti. It indicated that it is possible to optimize the anti-inflammatory properties of the bioactive titanium metals by different preparation methods. ..
- Wang X, Duan X, Yang G, Zhang X, Deng L, Zheng H, et al. Honokiol crosses BBB and BCSFB, and inhibits brain tumor growth in rat 9L intracerebral gliosarcoma model and human U251 xenograft glioma model. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18490 pubmed publisher..Here, we hypothesized that honokiol could cross the BBB and BCSFB for the treatment of gliosarcoma...
- Lai P, Du J, Zhang M, Kuang X, Li Y, Chen Y, et al. Aqueous extract of Gleditsia sinensis Lam. fruits improves serum and liver lipid profiles and attenuates atherosclerosis in rabbits fed a high-fat diet. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;137:1061-6 pubmed publisher..Gleditsia sinensis Lam. has been used in the traditional Chinese medicine as a chief ingredient of many polyherbal formulations for the treatment of obesity and thrombosis...
- Fu Q, Hong Y, Liu X, Fan H, Zhang X. A hierarchically graded bioactive scaffold bonded to titanium substrates for attachment to bone. Biomaterials. 2011;32:7333-46 pubmed publisher..The intramuscular implantations indicated the porous scaffolds had high osteoinductivity and the bone implantations demonstrated that the scaffolds could facilitate new bone growth and have strong bonding strength with surrounding bone...
- Zhou X, Qiu J, Wang Z, Huang N, Li X, Li Q, et al. In vitro and in vivo anti-tumor activities of anti-EGFR single-chain variable fragment fused with recombinant gelonin toxin. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012;138:1081-90 pubmed publisher..These results showed that E/rG might have significant potential as a novel clinical therapeutic agent against human NSCLC. ..
- Zeng X, Hu H, Xie L, Lan F, Jiang W, Wu Y, et al. Magnetic responsive hydroxyapatite composite scaffolds construction for bone defect reparation. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:3365-78 pubmed publisher..The magnetic scaffold can respond to the exterior magnetic field and engender some synergistic effect to intensify the stimulating effect of a magnetic field to the proliferation and differentiation of cells. ..
- Yang L, Luo J, Shi S, Zhang Q, Sun X, Zhang Z, et al. Development of a pulmonary peptide delivery system using porous nanoparticle-aggregate particles for systemic application. Int J Pharm. 2013;451:104-11 pubmed publisher..the clinically used octreotide acetate delivery via subcutaneous injection. Together, PNAPs may have great potential for carrying peptide drugs for pulmonary delivery. ..
- Gong F, Peng X, Luo C, Shen G, Zhao C, Zou L, et al. Cathepsin B as a potential prognostic and therapeutic marker for human lung squamous cell carcinoma. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:125 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that CTSB might serve as a prognostic and therapeutic marker for lung SCC. ..
- He X, Meng F, Wang Y, Li J. Molecular cloning and characterization of two pig vasoactive intestinal polypeptide receptors (VPAC1-R and VPAC2-R). DNA Cell Biol. 2014;33:259-70 pubmed publisher..Our present findings help to elucidate the important role of VIP and PACAP and promote to rethink of their species-specific physiological roles including their actions in regulation of phenotypic traits in pigs. ..
- Zhu Y, Karakhanova S, Huang X, Deng S, Werner J, Bazhin A. Influence of interferon-α on the expression of the cancer stem cell markers in pancreatic carcinoma cells. Exp Cell Res. 2014;324:146-56 pubmed publisher..Additionally we also suggest that in combination therapy of solid tumors with IFNα, this drug should be given to patients prior to chemotherapy to achieve the CSC activation. ..
- Guo J, Ma J. Bioflocculant from pre-treated sludge and its applications in sludge dewatering and swine wastewater pretreatment. Bioresour Technol. 2015;196:736-40 pubmed publisher..6% when incubated with 20mg/L at pH 8.0. This study suggested that the ALT pre-treated sludge has a great potential as an alternative bioflocculant to conventional flocculants in sludge dewatering and swine wastewater pretreatment. ..
- Dong J, Dong Y, Dong Y, Chen F, Mitch W, Zhang L. Inhibition of myostatin in mice improves insulin sensitivity via irisin-mediated cross talk between muscle and adipose tissues. Int J Obes (Lond). 2016;40:434-442 pubmed publisher..Thus, myostatin is a potential therapeutic target to treat insulin resistance of type II diabetes as well as the shortage of brown/beige fat in obesity. ..
- Wang Q, Hong P, Gao H, Chen Y, Yang Q, Jiang M, et al. An interneuron progenitor maintains neurogenic potential in vivo and differentiates into GABAergic interneurons after transplantation in the postnatal rat brain. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19003 pubmed publisher..Finally, we propose that v-myc-induced human interneuron progenitor clones could be an alternative cell source of transplantable GABAergic interneurons for treating related neurological diseases in future clinic. ..
- Liang Z, Cheng Y, Chen Y, Hu Y, Liu W, Lu Y, et al. EGFR T790M ctDNA testing platforms and their role as companion diagnostics: Correlation with clinical outcomes to EGFR-TKIs. Cancer Lett. 2017;403:186-194 pubmed publisher..Managing these outcomes with appropriate companion diagnostics using ctDNA in early detection of these genetic alterations will improve patient care. ..
- Mo Q, Hu L, Weng J, Zhang Y, Zhou Y, Xu R, et al. Euptox A Induces G1 Arrest and Autophagy via p38 MAPK- and PI3K/Akt/mTOR-Mediated Pathways in Mouse Splenocytes. J Histochem Cytochem. 2017;65:543-558 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the mechanisms involved in spleen toxicity caused by Euptox A in mice. ..
- Li C, Yu W, Zheng Y. [Effects of microinjection of amino acids into pre-Bötzinger complex on respiration in adult rats]. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2000;52:333-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the pre-Bötzinger complex in adult rats plays an important role in neurogenesis and maintenance of rhythmic respiration. ..
- Liu J, Zhao Z, Li J, Zou L, Shuler C, Zou Y, et al. Hydrostatic pressures promote initial osteodifferentiation with ERK1/2 not p38 MAPK signaling involved. J Cell Biochem. 2009;107:224-32 pubmed publisher..The findings should lead to further studies to unveil the complex initial biological mechanisms of bone remodeling and regeneration upon mechanical stimuli. ..
- Li D, Qu Y, Mao M, Zhang X, Li J, Ferriero D, et al. Involvement of the PTEN-AKT-FOXO3a pathway in neuronal apoptosis in developing rat brain after hypoxia-ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2009;29:1903-13 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the PTEN-Akt-FOXO3a pathway is involved in neuronal apoptosis in neonatal rat brain after HI. Agents targeting PTEN may offer a promise to rescue neurons from HI brain damage. ..
- Liu T, Huang Y, Cui D, Huang X, Mao S, Ji L, et al. Inhibitory effect of ginsenoside Rg3 combined with gemcitabine on angiogenesis and growth of lung cancer in mice. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:250 pubmed publisher..The combination of chemotherapy and anti-angiogenic drugs may be an innovative and promising therapeutic strategy in the experimental treatment of human lung cancer. ..
- Li T, Zhang P, Liu J, Zhou R, Li Q, You Z, et al. Protective effects of hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier given to isolated heart during ischemia via attenuation of mitochondrial oxidative damage. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;48:1079-89 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate the cardioprotective effect of HBOC on I/R heart and reveal that this protection was mediated in large part by attenuation of mitochondrial oxidative damage...
- Yan G, Zhao Y, Deng P, Lv L, Wang Y, Bu Q, et al. Investigation of toxicological effects of Shuanghuanglian injection in Beagle dogs by metabonomic and traditional approaches. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010;235:1356-64 pubmed publisher..In summary, SHL injection shows hemolytic effects in Beagle dogs; moreover, serum choline and phosphocholine as well as lactate and taurine may be the biomarkers for hemolytic anemia induced by SHL injection. ..
- Lu H, Pang W, Hu Y, Yang H, Huang C, Jiang Y. Effects of intracellular zinc depletion on the expression of VDAC in cultured hippocampal neurons. Nutr Neurosci. 2011;14:80-7 pubmed publisher..Present results implicate a possibility that up-regulation of VDAC1 and down-regulation of VDAC2 may participate in hippocampal neuron injury induced by zinc deficiency. ..
- Zhou P, Xia J, Guo G, Huang Z, Lu Q, Li L, et al. A Macaca mulatta model of fulminant hepatic failure. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:435-44 pubmed publisher..We have established an appropriate large primate model of FHF, which is closely similar to clinic cases, and can be used for investigation of the mechanism of FHF and for evaluation of potential medical therapies. ..
- Qi Y, Noble D, Fu J, Whiting M. Spatial and social organization in a burrow-dwelling lizard (Phrynocephalus vlangalii) from China. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41130 pubmed publisher..We suggest that P. vlangalii conforms to a classical polygynous mating system in which the burrow forms the core of the male's territory and may be offered as an important resource for females, but this remains to be determined. ..
- Zheng Z, Sheng L, Shang H. Statins and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Amyotroph Lateral Scler Frontotemporal Degener. 2013;14:241-5 pubmed publisher..No definite association between statin use and ALS incidence and progression has been found. Existing results are currently inconclusive to make scientifically supported conclusions. Further prospective cohort studies are still needed. ..
- Xiang T, Wang B, Liang X, Jiang J, Li C, Xie F. Complete mitochondrial genome of Paramegophrys oshanensis (Amphibia, Anura, Megophryidae). Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:472-4 pubmed publisher..Three kinds of tandem repeats with size ranging from 71 to 92 bp were detected within D-loop region. ..