Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tumor cell line in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: tumor cell line
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- Zhang F, Zheng M, Qu Y, Li J, Ji J, Feng B, et al. Different roles of galectin-9 isoforms in modulating E-selectin expression and adhesion function in LoVo colon carcinoma cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:823-30 pubmed publisher..In summary, these findings indicate that different isoforms of galectin-9 exhibit distinct biological functions. ..
- Huo J, Yang S, Xie B, Liao S, Lin L, Ding J, et al. Cytotoxic sesquiterpenoids from Vernonia bockiana. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2008;10:571-5 pubmed publisher..Among them, compounds 2-6 showed strong cytotoxic activities against mouse lymphoid tumor cell line P388 with the IC(50) values of 1.81, 1.32, 0.77, and 0.73 microM, respectively...
- Lin L, Xie H, Li H, Tong L, Tang C, Ke C, et al. Naturally occurring homoisoflavonoids function as potent protein tyrosine kinase inhibitors by c-Src-based high-throughput screening. J Med Chem. 2008;51:4419-29 pubmed publisher..Hematoxylin and its natural analogues were substantially validated to function as a new class of PTK inhibitors. ..
- Wu Y, Zuo J, Ji G, Saiyin H, Liu X, Yin F, et al. Proapoptotic function of integrin beta(3) in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:60-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, reconstitution of integrin beta(3) in HCC may be a potential therapeutic approach to inhibit aggressive growth of liver cancer. ..
- Chen T, Guo J, Han C, Yang M, Cao X. Heat shock protein 70, released from heat-stressed tumor cells, initiates antitumor immunity by inducing tumor cell chemokine production and activating dendritic cells via TLR4 pathway. J Immunol. 2009;182:1449-59 pubmed
- Qiu Y, Morii E, Tomita Y, Zhang B, Matsumura A, Kitaichi M, et al. Prognostic significance of pre B cell leukemia transcription factor 2 (PBX2) expression in non-small cell lung carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1198-209 pubmed publisher..PBX2 is a transcription factor for VCP in NSCLC. Because high levels of PBX2 expression correlated with prognosis of NSCLC, PBX2 could be a target molecule for treatment of NSCLC. ..
- Pang X, Yi Z, Zhang X, Sung B, Qu W, Lian X, et al. Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid inhibits prostate tumor growth by suppressing vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2-mediated angiogenesis. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5893-900 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that AKBA potently inhibits human prostate tumor growth through inhibition of angiogenesis induced by VEGFR2 signaling pathways. ..
- Yu M, Cai L, Liang M, Huang Y, Gao H, Lu S, et al. Alteration of NRSF expression exacerbating 1-methyl-4-phenyl-pyridinium ion-induced cell death of SH-SY5Y cells. Neurosci Res. 2009;65:236-44 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, alteration of NRSF and REST4 expression by overexpression or RNAi techniques elicited deleterious effects on cell viability of SH-SY5Y treated with toxic MPP(+). ..
- Li H, Ren Z, Kang X, Zhang L, Li X, Wang Y, et al. Identification of tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins associated with metastasis and functional analysis of FER in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:366 pubmed publisher..Moreover, FER might serve as a novel drug target in future HCC therapy. ..
- Ye Q, Feng B, Peng Y, Chen X, Cai Q, Yu B, et al. Expression of gamma-synuclein in colorectal cancer tissues and its role on colorectal cancer cell line HCT116. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:5035-43 pubmed..Increased expression of gamma-synuclein in CRC tissues and the biological effects of reduced gamma-synuclein expression on HCT116 cells suggest that gamma-synuclein may play a positive role in the progression of CRC. ..
- Jiao Y, Liu W. Low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 is an essential receptor for trichosanthin in 2 choriocarcinoma cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:1579-84 pubmed publisher..The results of our study established that LRP1 was a major receptor for phagocytosis of TCS in JAR and BeWo cell lines and might be the molecular basis of TCS abortificient and anti-choriocarcinoma activity. ..
- Ye Y, Chou G, Mu D, Wang H, Chu J, Leung A, et al. Screening of Chinese herbal medicines for antityrosinase activity in a cell free system and B16 cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;129:387-90 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to develop them as skin-whitening agents with convenient dosage forms or to identify active constituents from the extracts as useful leads for the development of skin whiteners. ..
- Li T, Jiang S. Effect of bFGF on invasion of ovarian cancer cells through the regulation of Ets-1 and urokinase-type plasminogen activator. Pharm Biol. 2010;48:161-5 pubmed publisher..bFGF can enhance the invasion ability of ovarian cancer cells in vitro by inducing the expression of uPA, and this effect is also regulated by the transcription factor Ets-1. ..
- Wang J, Tong W, Zhang X, Chen L, Yi Z, Pan T, et al. Hepatitis C virus non-structural protein NS5A interacts with FKBP38 and inhibits apoptosis in Huh7 hepatoma cells. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4392-400 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that HCV NS5A inhibits apoptosis through interaction with FKBP38...
- Tao J, Zhang P, Liu G, Yan H, Bu X, Ma Z, et al. Cytotoxicity of Chinese motherwort (YiMuCao) aqueous ethanol extract is non-apoptotic and estrogen receptor independent on human breast cancer cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;122:234-9 pubmed..The cellular effects of MAEE are non-apoptotic and ER independent on breast cancer cells. ..
- Fu D, Wang Z, Wang B, Chen L, Yang W, Shen Z, et al. Frequent epigenetic inactivation of the receptor tyrosine kinase EphA5 by promoter methylation in human breast cancer. Hum Pathol. 2010;41:48-58 pubmed publisher..008). Our data indicate that EphA5 might be a potential target for epigenetic silencing in primary breast cancer and a valuable molecular marker for breast cancer carcinogenesis and progression. ..
- Song H, Li Y, Chen G, Xing Z, Zhao J, Yokoyama K, et al. Human MCRS2, a cell-cycle-dependent protein, associates with LPTS/PinX1 and reduces the telomere length. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:1116-23 pubmed..Our findings suggest that MCRS2 might be a linker between telomere maintenance and cell-cycle regulation. ..
- Lou B, Liao X, Wu M, Cheng P, Yin C, Fei Z. High-density lipoprotein as a potential carrier for delivery of a lipophilic antitumoral drug into hepatoma cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:954-9 pubmed..HDL is a potential carrier for delivering lipophilic antitumoral drug to hepatoma cells. ..
- Ma D, Xu Z, Liang Y, Su J, Li Z, Zhang W, et al. Down-regulation of PTEN expression due to loss of promoter activity in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:4472-7 pubmed..Furthermore, the sequence analysis of 8 cells lines showed no mutation in the region of PTEN promoter and PTEN cDNA. PTEN expression is down-regulated in HCC cell lines probably due to loss of activity of PTEN promoter. ..
- Chu L, Gu J, He Z, Xiao T, Liu X. Adenoviral vector expressing CYLD augments antitumor activity of TRAIL by suppression of NF-kappaB survival signaling in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:615-22 pubmed..The combined delivery of Ad/hTERT-CYLD and ZD55-TRAIL may be a new useful strategy for HCC or other tumor cells with enhanced NF-kappaB activity. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang Z, Miao Z, Ding J. The telomeric protein TRF2 is critical for the protection of A549 cells from both telomere erosion and DNA double-strand breaks driven by salvicine. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;73:824-32 pubmed
- Li L, Zhang X, Yang D, Luo G, Chen S, Le W. Hypoxia increases Abeta generation by altering beta- and gamma-cleavage of APP. Neurobiol Aging. 2009;30:1091-8 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest an important role of hypoxia in modulating the APP processing by facilitating both beta- and gamma-cleavage which may result in a significant increase of Abeta generation. ..
- Qin Z, Sun Z, Huang J, Hu Y, Wu Z, Mei B. Mutated recombinant human glucagon-like peptide-1 protects SH-SY5Y cells from apoptosis induced by amyloid-beta peptide (1-42). Neurosci Lett. 2008;444:217-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mGLP-1 exhibited neuronal protection properties, and could potentially be a novel therapeutic agent for intervention in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Cai X, Xie H, Liu M, Zha X. Inhibition of cell growth and invasion by epidermal growth factor-targeted phagemid particles carrying siRNA against focal adhesion kinase in the presence of hydroxycamptothecin. BMC Biotechnol. 2008;8:74 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that EGF-targeted phagemid particles might be a promising tool for anti-cancer siRNA delivery in the presence of HCPT. ..
- Dong Y, Wang X, Wu K. Suppression of pancreatic carcinoma growth by activating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma involves angiogenesis inhibition. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:441-8 pubmed..Suppression of tumor angiogenesis by down-regulating the expression of VEGF may be one of the mechanisms by which PPARgamma activation inhibits the growth of pancreatic carcinoma. ..
- Xu B, Sun Y, Tang G, Xu C, Wang L, Zhang Y, et al. Id-1 expression in androgen-dependent prostate cancer is negatively regulated by androgen through androgen receptor. Cancer Lett. 2009;278:220-229 pubmed publisher..The re-increased Id-1 might partially contribute to the emergence of androgen-independent prostate cancer after longer androgen deprivation therapy. ..
- Wang J, Wu A, Xu Y, Liu J, Qian X. M(2)-A induces apoptosis and G(2)-M arrest via inhibiting PI3K/Akt pathway in HL60 cells. Cancer Lett. 2009;283:193-202 pubmed publisher..In summary, M(2)-A displayed a significant anti-tumor effect through cell cycle arrest and apoptotic induction in HL60 cells, which suggested that M(2)-A might have therapeutic potential against leukaemia. ..
- He X, Su C, Wang X, Pan X, Tu Z, Gong Y, et al. E1B-55kD-deleted oncolytic adenovirus armed with canstatin gene yields an enhanced anti-tumor efficacy on pancreatic cancer. Cancer Lett. 2009;285:89-98 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the novel oncolytic virus CRAd-Cans, showing synergistic effects of oncolytic therapy and anti-angiogenesis therapy, is a new promising therapeutics for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Liu T, Wang L, Chen Q, Zheng L, Zhu H. A novel monoclonal antibody specific to DIXDC1 protein. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2009;28:183-8 pubmed publisher..By using the MAbs, we found that the DIXDC1 protein was overexpressed in human colorectal cancer tissues. Taken together, the MAbs would be helpful for understanding the distribution and functions of DIXDC1. ..
- Shao Z, Wang P, Li M, Zhang W, Zheng S, Zhao X, et al. [Effects of mesenchymal stem cell transplantation on growth of liver cancer: experiment with rats]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;89:491-6 pubmed..To evaluate the effects of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) transplantation on the growth of liver cancer...
- Han F, Gu D, Chen Q, Zhu H. Caveolin-1 acts as a tumor suppressor by down-regulating epidermal growth factor receptor-mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathway in pancreatic carcinoma cell lines. Pancreas. 2009;38:766-74 pubmed publisher..The cav1 may act as a candidate tumor suppressor gene in human panceatic carcinoma, and this effect may be related with the inhibition of EGFR-MAPK signal cascade. ..
- Zhou Y, Wu X, Wang T, Ming T, Wang P, Zhou L, et al. A comparison study of detecting gold nanorods in living cells with confocal reflectance microscopy and two-photon fluorescence microscopy. J Microsc. 2010;237:200-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, confocal reflectance microscopy may also be a suitable means to image intracellular gold nanorods with the advantage of reduced photothermal effect. ..
- Zhu S, Lee D, Li S. IL-12 and IL-27 sequential gene therapy via intramuscular electroporation delivery for eliminating distal aggressive tumors. J Immunol. 2010;184:2348-54 pubmed publisher..m. electroporation, provides a simple but effective approach for eliminating inaccessible residual tumors...
- Zhang X, Sheng Y, Li Q, Qin W, Lu Y, Cheng Y, et al. BMI1 and Mel-18 oppositely regulate carcinogenesis and progression of gastric cancer. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:40 pubmed publisher..Mel-18 and BMI1 may regulate tumorigenesis, cell migration and cancer metastasis via both p16- and AKT-dependent growth regulatory pathways. ..
- Wei Y, Ge Y, Zhou F, Chen H, Cui C, Liu D, et al. Identification and characterization of the promoter of human ATF5 gene. J Biochem. 2010;148:171-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies not only provided molecular basis of ATF5 transcriptional regulation, but also identified ATF5 as a target gene of EBF1 transcription factor. ..
- Lan S, Wang H, Jiang H, Mao H, Liu X, Zhang X, et al. Direct interaction between alpha-actinin and hepatitis C virus NS5B. FEBS Lett. 2003;554:289-94 pubmed..Studies of the HCV subgenomic replicon system with small interference RNA indicate that alpha-actinin is essential for HCV RNA replication. Our results suggest alpha-actinin may be a component of the HCV replication complex...
- Gao H, Wang J, Shen X, Deng Y, Zhang W. Preparation of magnetic polybutylcyanoacrylate nanospheres encapsulated with aclacinomycin A and its effect on gastric tumor. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:2010-3 pubmed..09, 97.78 and 1.07 microg/mL, respectively. The tumor inhibitory rate of MPNS-ACM was much higher than that of ACM under magnetic field and the inhibition on bone marrow was alleviated significantly compared with ACM group. ..
- Ma G, Chen S. Diazoxide and N omega-nitro-L-arginine counteracted A beta 1-42-induced cytotoxicity. Neuroreport. 2004;15:1813-7 pubmed..A 24 h exposure to A beta(1-42) did not result in apoptosis, suggesting that the increase in both mitochondrial membrane potential and reactive oxygen species levels preceded cell apoptosis or death. ..
- Ye C, Liu J, Wei D, Lu Y, Qian F. In vitro anti-tumor activity of 2',4'-dihydroxy-6'-methoxy-3',5'-dimethylchalcone against six established human cancer cell lines. Pharmacol Res. 2004;50:505-10 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report on anti-tumor activity by DMC. ..
- Pan D, Li J, Wei L, Yao M, Wan D, Gu J. Inhibitory effect of CT120B, an alternative splice variant of CT120A, on lung cancer cell growth. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2005;37:588-92 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Zhu H, Huang C, Cui X, Gao Y, Huang Y, et al. Astragaloside IV exerts antiviral effects against coxsackievirus B3 by upregulating interferon-gamma. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2006;47:190-5 pubmed..Moreover, we observed that IFN-gamma mRNA expression was increased in mice treated with astragaloside IV. Therefore, we conclude that astragaloside IV exerts antiviral effects against CVB3 by upregulating expression of IFN-gamma mRNA. ..
- Yan P, Nanamori M, Sun M, Zhou C, Cheng N, Li N, et al. The immunosuppressant cyclosporin A antagonizes human formyl peptide receptor through inhibition of cognate ligand binding. J Immunol. 2006;177:7050-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate that CsA is a selective antagonist of FPR and that its inhibition of fMLF-stimulated leukocyte activation is at the level of cognate ligand binding. ..
- Zhang Y, Li L, Wang Y, Zhang J, Wei G, Sun Y, et al. Downregulating the expression of heparanase inhibits the invasion, angiogenesis and metastasis of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;358:124-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that genetic downregulation of the expression of heparanase may serve as an efficient cancer therapeutic for human HCC. ..
- Lu Y, Peng Z, Yuan T, Yin Q, Xia L, Chen G. Multi-sites cleavage of leukemogenic AML1-ETO fusion protein by caspase-3 and its contribution to increased apoptotic sensitivity. Leukemia. 2008;22:378-86 pubmed..Further investigations on the potential in vivo effects of such a cleavage and its possible role in leukemogenesis would provide new insights for understanding the biology and treatment of AML1-ETO-associated leukemia. ..
- Guo H, Lin Y, Zhang H, Liu J, Zhang N, Li Y, et al. Tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 was repressed by CpG hypermethylation through inhibition of KLF6 binding in highly invasive breast cancer cells. BMC Mol Biol. 2007;8:110 pubmed
- Cai Y, Lu J, Zhu H, Xie H, Huang M, Lin L, et al. Salvicine triggers DNA double-strand breaks and apoptosis by GSH-depletion-driven H2O2 generation and topoisomerase II inhibition. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;45:627-35 pubmed publisher..All these findings together suggest that GSH-depletion-driven H2O2 generation and Topo II inhibition are both critical for SAL-induced DNA DSBs and apoptosis. ..
- Feng M, Cai Q, Shi X, Huang H, Zhou P, Guo X. Recombinant high-density lipoprotein complex as a targeting system of nosiheptide to liver cells. J Drug Target. 2008;16:502-8 pubmed..v. injection to male Wistar rats. Together, this report provides early evidence that it is feasible to develop efficient, HDL-based drug delivery systems against HBV, utilizing apolipoprotein A-I as the targeting moiety. ..
- Wang C, Xiao Y, Hu Z, Chen Y, Liu N, Hu G. PEG10 directly regulated by E2Fs might have a role in the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:2793-8 pubmed publisher..These findings link cancer genetics and epigenetics by showing that E2F acts directly upstream of an anti-apoptosis imprinted gene, PEG10. ..
- Zhang X, Gao F, Yu L, Peng Y, Liu H, Liu J, et al. Dual functions of a monoclonal antibody against cell surface F1F0 ATP synthase on both HUVEC and tumor cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2008;29:942-50 pubmed publisher..01), and disrupts HUVEC tube formation on Matrigel (P<0.01). McAb178-5G10 binds preferentially to cell surface ATPase, blocks ATP synthesis, and exhibits both antiangiogenic and antitumorigenic effects. ..
- Lu X, Feng X, Man X, Yang G, Tang L, Du D, et al. Aberrant splicing of Hugl-1 is associated with hepatocellular carcinoma progression. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3287-96 pubmed publisher..We provide the first evidence that Hugl-1 mRNA is frequently mutated by aberrant splicing exclusively in HCC, which may be involved in HCC progression. ..
- Pan C, Shen Z, Wu T, Tang X, Wang M, Sun J, et al. Cell adhesion to fibronectin induces mitomycin C resistance in bladder cancer cells. BJU Int. 2009;104:1774-9 pubmed publisher..Fibronectin-mediated PI3-K/Akt activation protects T24 cells from MMC-induced cell death through inhibition of both caspase-9 and AIF-mediated apoptosis and GSK-3beta/cyclin D1 involved G0/G1-phase arrest. ..
- Zhang J, Huang S, Zhang H, Wang H, Guo H, Qian G, et al. Targeted knockdown of Bcl2 in tumor cells using a synthetic TRAIL 3'-UTR microRNA. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:2229-39 pubmed publisher..This study proves a general paradigm for cancer therapy by using 3' UTR microRNA technology. ..
- Wang H, Xiao W, Zhou Q, Chen Y, Yang S, Sheng J, et al. Bystin-like protein is upregulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and required for nucleologenesis in cancer cell proliferation. Cell Res. 2009;19:1150-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies indicate that upregulated BYSL expression plays a role in hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Ji L, Shen K, Liu J, Chen Y, Liu T, Wang Z. Intracellular glutathione regulates Andrographolide-induced cytotoxicity on hepatoma Hep3B cells. Redox Rep. 2009;14:176-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrates that the intracellular redox system plays important roles in regulating the cytotoxicity of ANDRO on hepatoma Hep3B cells. ..
- Dong W, Shen R, Wang Q, Gao Y, Qi X, Jiang H, et al. Sp1 upregulates expression of TRF2 and TRF2 inhibition reduces tumorigenesis in human colorectal carcinoma cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:2166-74 pubmed
- Shen S, Yu Y, Wu Y, Cheng J, Wang L, Chen G. Downregulation of ANP32B, a novel substrate of caspase-3, enhances caspase-3 activation and apoptosis induction in myeloid leukemic cells. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:419-26 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ANP32B is a novel substrate for caspase-3 and acts as a negative regulator for apoptosis, the mechanism of which remains to be explored. ..
- Huang J, Zheng D, Qin F, Cheng N, Chen H, Wan B, et al. Genetic and epigenetic silencing of SCARA5 may contribute to human hepatocellular carcinoma by activating FAK signaling. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:223-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that the plasma membrane protein SCARA5 can contribute to HCC tumorigenesis and metastasis via activation of the FAK signaling pathway. ..
- Yang F, Yin Y, Wang F, Wang Y, Zhang L, Tang Y, et al. miR-17-5p Promotes migration of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells through the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-heat shock protein 27 pathway. Hepatology. 2010;51:1614-23 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight an important role of miR-17-5p in the proliferation and migration of HCC cells and support the potential application of miR-17-5p in HCC therapy. ..
- Qi R, An H, Yu Y, Zhang M, Liu S, Xu H, et al. Notch1 signaling inhibits growth of human hepatocellular carcinoma through induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2003;63:8323-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that Notch1 signaling may participate in the development of HCC cells, affecting multiple pathways that control both cell proliferation and apoptosis. ..
- Li C, Tan L, Zhang G, Li P, Tong C, Fan J, et al. Transcriptional regulation of urokinase receptor in high- (95D) and low-metastatic (95C) human lung cancer cells. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2004;36:405-11 pubmed..The transient transfection/reporter assay showed that the promoter region from -136 to +9 may interact with relevant nuclear factors, which result in different levels of uPAR expression between 95C and 95D cells. ..
- Zhang Y, Chen Y, Guo X, Zhang X, Zhao W, Zhong L, et al. 11,11'-dideoxy-verticillin: a natural compound possessing growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase-inhibitory effect with anti-tumor activity. Anticancer Drugs. 2005;16:515-24 pubmed..These results indicate that 11,11'-dideoxy-verticillin is a naturally derived growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor with potent anti-tumor activity. ..
- Sun Y, Lu X, Yin L, Zhao F, Feng Y. Inhibition of DLX4 promotes apoptosis in choriocarcinoma cell lines. Placenta. 2006;27:375-83 pubmed..In conclusion, this study suggests that DLX4 may be involved in the survival of human choriocarcinoma cells, which may be mediated by the inhibition of apoptosis. The detailed mechanism needs further investigation. ..
- Gao Y, Jiang M, Yang T, Ni J, Chen J. A Cdc2-related protein kinase hPFTAIRE1 from human brain interacting with 14-3-3 proteins. Cell Res. 2006;16:539-47 pubmed
- Zhu J, Fei Q, Wang P, Lan F, Mao D, Zhang H, et al. Transcription of the putative tumor suppressor gene HCCS1 requires binding of ETS-2 to its consensus near the transcription start site. Cell Res. 2006;16:780-96 pubmed..Our observations provide insight into the mechanistic aspects of HCCS1 transcription regulation. ..
- Shao C, Furusawa Y, Matsumoto Y, Pan Y, Xu P, Chen H. Effect of gap junctional intercellular communication on radiation responses in neoplastic human cells. Radiat Res. 2007;167:283-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that NO may be involved in GJIC-mediated radioprotection of HSG cells, which may have implications for radiotherapy. ..
- Sun S, Tang Y, Lou X, Zhu L, Yang K, Zhang B, et al. UXT is a novel and essential cofactor in the NF-kappaB transcriptional enhanceosome. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:231-44 pubmed..Our results reveal that UXT is an integral component of the NF-kappaB enhanceosome and is essential for its nuclear function, which uncovers a new mechanism of NF-kappaB regulation. ..
- Deng Y, Chen P, Wang Y, Yin D, Koeffler H, Li B, et al. Connective tissue growth factor is overexpressed in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and promotes tumorigenicity through beta-catenin-T-cell factor/Lef signaling. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36571-81 pubmed..Taken together, these results revealed that the interaction of CTGF and beta-catenin-TCF/Lef forms a positive feedback loop, which could contribute to the tumorigenicity of ESCC. ..
- Ma G, Lin X, Jin Y, Li W, Hu X, Chen H, et al. [Isolation, culture and characterization of endothelial cells in infantile hemangioma]. Zhonghua Zheng Xing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2008;24:144-7 pubmed..This technique can effectively isolate endothelial cells from the proliferative hemangiomas. These cells could be further used to research the mechanism of proliferation and degeneration of infantile hemangioma. ..
- Ma J, Xie Y, Shi Y, Qin W, Zhao B, Jin Y. Glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis requires FOXO3A activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:894-8 pubmed publisher..Increased phospho-FOXO3A levels in cancer cells may explain, in part, their resistance to apoptosis. Therefore, FOXO3A may be a potential target for cancer therapy. ..
- Wang J, Shi Y, Yi J, Ye S, Wang L, Xu Y, et al. Suppression of growth of pancreatic cancer cell and expression of vascular endothelial growth factor by gene silencing with RNA interference. J Dig Dis. 2008;9:228-37 pubmed publisher..Vascular endothelial growth factor gene silencing via VEGF-siRNA can effectively inhibit the production of VEGF and exert an anti-angiogenesis and tumor cell growth suppressive effect both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Wang X, Sun D, Lu R, Chen Z, Chen Y, Fang J. RAF may induce cell proliferation through hypermethylation of tumor suppressor gene promoter in gastric epithelial cells. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:117-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RAF may induce cell proliferation through hypermethylation of tumor suppressor gene p16INK4A, while the epigenetic inactivation of p21WAF1 and p27KIP1 may be not a key factor in RAF-transformed cells. ..
- He M, Zhao Z, Yin L, Tang C, Yin C. Hyaluronic acid coated poly(butyl cyanoacrylate) nanoparticles as anticancer drug carriers. Int J Pharm. 2009;373:165-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the HA-PBCA nanoparticles could be an effective and safe vehicle for systemic administration of hydrophobic anticancer drugs...
- Xiong Y, Sun H, Zhang W, Zhu X, Zhuang P, Zhang J, et al. Human hepatocellular carcinoma tumor-derived endothelial cells manifest increased angiogenesis capability and drug resistance compared with normal endothelial cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:4838-46 pubmed publisher..TECs possessed enhanced angiogenic activity and resistance to chemotherapeutic drugs and an angiogenesis inhibitor, and may provide a better tool for studying tumor angiogenesis and antiangiogenesis drugs in HCC. ..
- Liu B, Lin Y, Darwanto A, Song X, Xu G, Zhang K. Identification and characterization of propionylation at histone H3 lysine 23 in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32288-95 pubmed publisher..Because like acetyl-CoA, propionyl-CoA is an important intermediate in biosynthesis and energy production, histone H3 Lys(23) propionylation may provide a novel epigenetic regulatory mark for cell metabolism. ..
- Luo G, Yu X, Jin C, Yang F, Fu D, Long J, et al. LyP-1-conjugated nanoparticles for targeting drug delivery to lymphatic metastatic tumors. Int J Pharm. 2010;385:150-6 pubmed publisher..In vivo, the uptake of LyP-1-NPs in metastasis lymph nodes was about eight times of that of NPs. This study indicates that LyP-1-NP is a promising carrier for target-specific drug delivery to lymphatic metastatic tumors. ..
- Yang Z, Li C, Wang X, Zhai C, Yi Z, Wang L, et al. Dauricine induces apoptosis, inhibits proliferation and invasion through inhibiting NF-kappaB signaling pathway in colon cancer cells. J Cell Physiol. 2010;225:266-75 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for a novel role of dauricine in preventing or treating colon cancer through modulation of NF-kappaB singling pathway. ..
- Li J, Chen X, Liu Y, Ding L, Qiu L, Hu Z, et al. The transcriptional repression of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta by the zinc finger transcription factor ZNF24. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:318-22 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of ZNF24 resulted in a significant decrease in PDGFR-beta promoter activity. These data suggest that ZNF24 is involved in negative regulation of PDGFR-beta and may represent a novel repressor of PDGFR-beta transcription. ..
- Jiang J, Gu J. Beta1,4-galactosyltransferase V A growth regulator in glioma. Methods Enzymol. 2010;479:3-23 pubmed publisher..beta1,4GalT V regulates the self-renewal of glioma-initiation cells. We now present evidence that beta1,4GalT V functions as a positive growth regulator in glioma and might represent a novel target in glioma therapy. ..
- Bian Z, Fan Q, Li G, Xu W, Tang T. Human mesenchymal stem cells promote growth of osteosarcoma: involvement of interleukin-6 in the interaction between human mesenchymal stem cells and Saos-2. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:2554-60 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we suggest that there was a positive feedback loop of IL-6 in the interaction between hMSCs and Saos-2. ..
- Chen S, Zhang M, Ma H, Saiyin H, Shen S, Xi J, et al. Oligo-microarray analysis reveals the role of cyclophilin A in drug resistance. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2008;61:459-69 pubmed..Furthermore, we showed that the elevated CYPA expression contributes to drug resistance. We postulate that the over-expression of CYPA in tumors may play a role in clinical resistance to chemotherapy. ..
- Tang Y, Zhong G, Zhu L, Liu X, Shan Y, Feng H, et al. Herc5 attenuates influenza A virus by catalyzing ISGylation of viral NS1 protein. J Immunol. 2010;184:5777-90 pubmed publisher..Our study reports the first microbial target of ISGylation and uncovers the direct antiviral function and mechanism of this novel modification. ..
- Liu W, Shen X, Yang Y, Yin X, Xie J, Yan J, et al. Trihydrophobin 1 is a new negative regulator of A-Raf kinase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10167-75 pubmed..Taken together, our data provide a clue to understanding the cellular function of TH1 on Raf isoform-specific regulation. ..
- Liu J, Wu Q, Feng Y, Wang Y, Li X, Zuo J. Triptolide suppresses CD80 and CD86 expressions and IL-12 production in THP-1 cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2005;26:223-7 pubmed..Triptolide impairs the antigen-presenting function by inhibiting CD80 and CD86 expressions and decreased IL-12p40 and IL-12p70 (bioactive form) productions from the activated THP-1 cells. ..
- Wang Y, Hou A, Zhu G, Chen D, Sun H. Cytotoxic and antifungal isoprenylated xanthones and flavonoids from Cudrania fruticosa. Planta Med. 2005;71:273-4 pubmed..Toxyloxanthone C and wighteone showed antifungal activity against Candida albicans with MICs of 25 and 12.5 microg/mL, respectively...
- Li M, Wang S, Wang Y, Zhang H, You Q, Zhou G, et al. [The effects of tumor antigen gene OVA66 on biological characteristics of tumor cells]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2006;22:185-8 pubmed..Tumor antigen gene OVA66 and it's protein demonstrate a series of biological characteristics of tumor cells, which can promote the proliferation, migration and invasion of tumor cells. ..
- Liu T, Becker M, Jelinek J, Wu W, Deng M, Mikhalkevich N, et al. Chromosome 5q deletion and epigenetic suppression of the gene encoding alpha-catenin (CTNNA1) in myeloid cell transformation. Nat Med. 2007;13:78-83 pubmed..Thus, loss of expression of the alpha-catenin tumor suppressor in hematopoietic stem cells may provide a growth advantage that contributes to human MDS or AML with del(5q). ..
- Zhu M, Tao J, Tan M, Yang H, Ji Y. U-shaped dose-dependent effects of BmK AS, a unique scorpion polypeptide toxin, on voltage-gated sodium channels. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;158:1895-903 pubmed publisher..1 or 100 nM BmK AS in the oocytes or ND7-23 cells respectively. BmK AS modulated the VGSCs in a unique U-shaped dose-dependent manner, which could be due to the opposing effects of binding to two distinct receptor sites on the VGSCs. ..