Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: transcription factors
Publications552 found, 100 shown here
- Wang C, Shi M, Yang L, Yang R, Luo Z, Jacquin M, et al. Development of the mesencephalic trigeminal nucleus requires a paired homeodomain transcription factor, Drg11. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;35:368-76 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate an essential role for Drg11 in the development of the Me5. ..
- Sun W, Wang Z, Jiang H, Zhang J, Bahler J, Chen D, et al. A novel function of the mitochondrial transcription factor Mtf1 in fission yeast; Mtf1 regulates the nuclear transcription of srk1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:2690-700 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence that a mitochondrial transcription factor Mtf1 can regulate a nuclear gene. Mtf1 may also have a role in cell cycle progression. ..
- Yan B, Zhao L, Guo J, Zhao J. miR-429 regulation of osmotic stress transcription factor 1 (OSTF1) in tilapia during osmotic stress. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;426:294-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, miR-429 is an endogenous regulator of OSTF1 expression, which participates in a regulatory circuit that allows rapid gene program transitions in response to osmotic stress...
- Wang X, Xu H, Ju D, Xie Y. Disruption of Rpn4-induced proteasome expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae reduces cell viability under stressed conditions. Genetics. 2008;180:1945-53 pubmed publisher..This study also provides a tool for understanding the interactions between proteasome homeostasis and other cellular processes. ..
- Chen Y, Liu B, Zhou Z, Hu R, Fei C, Xie Z, et al. Smad6 inhibits the transcriptional activity of Tbx6 by mediating its degradation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23481-90 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings reveal that Smad6 serves as a critical mediator of BMP signal via a functional interaction with Tbx6, thus regulating the activation of Tbx6 downstream genes during cell differentiation. ..
- Fan J, Kuai B, Wu G, Wu X, Chi B, Wang L, et al. Exosome cofactor hMTR4 competes with export adaptor ALYREF to ensure balanced nuclear RNA pools for degradation and export. EMBO J. 2017;36:2870-2886 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that the competition between hMTR4 and ALYREF determines exosome recruitment and functions in creating balanced nuclear RNA pools for degradation and export. ..
- Zhao J, Lu B, Xu H, Tong X, Wu G, Zhang X, et al. Thirty-kilodalton Tat-interacting protein suppresses tumor metastasis by inhibition of osteopontin transcription in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2008;48:265-75 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel pathway by which OPN and possibly other Ets-1 target genes involved in tumor metastasis are regulated by TIP30 and elucidate a mechanism for metastasis promoted by TIP30 deficiency. ..
- Yang T, Cai S, Zhang J, Lu J, Lin C, Zhai J, et al. Krüppel-like factor 8 is a new Wnt/beta-catenin signaling target gene and regulator in hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39668 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of ?-catenin by shRNA rescues the enhanced HepG2 and Hep3B cells proliferation ability induced by overexpression of KLF8. ..
- Sun W, Wang L, Jiang H, Chen D, Murchie A. Targeting mitochondrial transcription in fission yeast with ETB, an inhibitor of HSP60, the chaperone that binds to the mitochondrial transcription factor Mtf1. Genes Cells. 2012;17:122-31 pubmed
- Zhu J, Chen H, Li H, Gao J, Jiang H, Wang C, et al. Defective in Tapetal development and function 1 is essential for anther development and tapetal function for microspore maturation in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2008;55:266-77 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results show that TDF1 plays a vital role in tapetal differentiation and function. ..
- Ma J, Yang F, Mahida S, Zhao L, Chen X, Zhang M, et al. TBX5 mutations contribute to early-onset atrial fibrillation in Chinese and Caucasians. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;109:442-50 pubmed publisher..Our results provide both genetic and functional evidence to support the contribution of TBX5 gene in the pathogenesis of AF. The potential mechanism of arrhythmia may be due in part to the disturbed expression of ANP and CX40. ..
- Li X, Sun C, Lin C, Ma T, Madhavan M, Campbell K, et al. The transcription factor Sp8 is required for the production of parvalbumin-expressing interneurons in the olfactory bulb. J Neurosci. 2011;31:8450-5 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Sp8 is required for the normal production of PV+ interneurons in the EPL of the OB. These data expand our understanding of the temporal and molecular regulation of OB interneuron neurogenesis. ..
- Jiang H, Lin X, Liu Y, Gong W, Ma X, Yu Y, et al. Transformation of epithelial ovarian cancer stemlike cells into mesenchymal lineage via EMT results in cellular heterogeneity and supports tumor engraftment. Mol Med. 2012;18:1197-208 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate the interplay between epithelial ovarian CSCs and the EMT, and exert a link to explain tumor heterogeneity and its necessity for ovarian cancer maintenance, metastasis and progression. ..
- Qian Y, Guo Y, Wan H, Fan L, Feng Y, Ni L, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 attenuates the metastasis of non-small cell lung cancer through inhibition of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:2408-14 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that ACE2 attenuated the metastasis of lung cancer and may serve as a target for new strategies to inhibit EMT in cancer cells. ..
- Yang H, Zhou Y, Gu J, Xie S, Xu Y, Zhu G, et al. Deep mRNA sequencing analysis to capture the transcriptome landscape of zebrafish embryos and larvae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64058 pubmed publisher..Our study provides ample information for further study about the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying vertebrate development. ..
- Chen X, Iliopoulos D, Zhang Q, Tang Q, Greenblatt M, Hatziapostolou M, et al. XBP1 promotes triple-negative breast cancer by controlling the HIF1? pathway. Nature. 2014;508:103-107 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a key function for the XBP1 branch of the UPR in TNBC and indicate that targeting this pathway may offer alternative treatment strategies for this aggressive subtype of breast cancer. ..
- Qiu X, Mao Q, Tang Y, Wang L, Chawla R, Pliner H, et al. Reversed graph embedding resolves complex single-cell trajectories. Nat Methods. 2017;14:979-982 pubmed publisher..We applied Monocle 2 to two studies of blood development and found that mutations in the genes encoding key lineage transcription factors divert cells to alternative fates...
- Nie X, Liu X, Wang H, Chen J. Deletion of EFG1 promotes Candida albicans opaque formation responding to pH via Rim101. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2010;42:735-44 pubmed publisher..We proposed that relief of the Efg1 repression enables C. albicans to undergo white-opaque switching in pH-dependent regulation mediated by Rim101-signaling pathway...
- Pan W, Pang S, Huang T, Guo H, Wu D, Li L. Characterization of function of three domains in dishevelled-1: DEP domain is responsible for membrane translocation of dishevelled-1. Cell Res. 2004;14:324-30 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that DEP domain is responsible for the membrane translocation of Dvl-1 protein upon Wnt signal stimulation. ..
- Wang J, Liu X, Wu H, Ni P, Gu Z, Qiao Y, et al. CREB up-regulates long non-coding RNA, HULC expression through interaction with microRNA-372 in liver cancer. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:5366-83 pubmed publisher..The study elucidates that fine tuning of HULC expression is part of an auto-regulatory loop in which it's inhibitory to expression and activity of miR-372 allows lncRNA up-regulated expression in liver cancer. ..
- Wu Y, Gu Y, Guo S, Dai Q, Zhang W. Expressing Status and Correlation of ARID1A and Histone H2B on Breast Cancer. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:7593787 pubmed publisher..Among 15 cases with ARID1A and H2B coexpression, 13 are invasive ductal carcinoma and 2 are mucinous carcinoma. Our results indicate that ARID1A gene may be involved in carcinogenesis of some subtypes of breast cancer. ..
- Liu C, Lv X, Li T, Xu Y, Zhou X, Zhao S, et al. PP1 cooperates with ASPP2 to dephosphorylate and activate TAZ. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:5558-66 pubmed publisher..As a result, PP1 and ASPP2 increase TAZ-dependent gene expression. This study demonstrates that PP1A and ASPP2 play a critical role in promoting TAZ function by antagonizing the LATS kinase through TAZ dephosphorylation. ..
- Zhang J, Xu Z, Yang Y, Zhu J, Zhou Z, Chen W. Expression of Yes-associated protein in gastric adenocarcinoma and inhibitory effects of its knockdown on gastric cancer cell proliferation and metastasis. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:583-90 pubmed
- Zheng H, Lu L, Wang B, Pu S, Zhang X, Zhu G, et al. Genetic basis of virulence attenuation revealed by comparative genomic analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strain H37Ra versus H37Rv. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2375 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications not only for improved understanding of pathogenesis of M. tuberculosis but also for development of new vaccines and new therapeutic agents. ..
- Wang H, Liu D, Cao P, Lecker S, Hu Z. Atrogin-1 affects muscle protein synthesis and degradation when energy metabolism is impaired by the antidiabetes drug berberine. Diabetes. 2010;59:1879-89 pubmed publisher..The increase in atrogin-1 not only stimulated protein degradation but also suppressed protein synthesis, causing muscle atrophy. ..
- Li Y, Yang W, Yang Q, Zhou S. Nuclear localization of GLI1 and elevated expression of FOXC2 in breast cancer is associated with the basal-like phenotype. Histol Histopathol. 2012;27:475-84 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are warranted to better understand the biological significance of GLI1 and FOXC2, to further refine statistics related to patient prognosis, and to optimize treatment of patients with basal-like breast cancer. ..
- Hu G, Li X, Sun X, Lu W, Liu G, Huang J, et al. Identification of old drugs as potential inhibitors of HIV-1 integrase - human LEDGF/p75 interaction via molecular docking. J Mol Model. 2012;18:4995-5003 pubmed publisher..This work provides a new example of inhibitors targeting protein-protein interaction and confirmed that old drugs were valuable sources for antiviral drug discovery. ..
- Li N, Zhao C, Wang Y, Yuan X. The transcription factor Cux1 regulates dendritic morphology of cortical pyramidal neurons. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10596 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cux1 functions as a negative regulator of dendritic complexity for cortical pyramidal neurons. ..
- Qian S, Tang Y, Li X, Liu Y, Zhang Y, Huang H, et al. BMP4-mediated brown fat-like changes in white adipose tissue alter glucose and energy homeostasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E798-807 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a genetic and metabolic basis for BMP4's role in altering insulin sensitivity by affecting WAT development. ..
- He X, Sun C, Wang F, Shan A, Guo T, Gu W, et al. Peri-implantation lethality in mice lacking the PGC-1-related coactivator protein. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:975-83 pubmed publisher..The PPRC1 mRNA was then subsequently down-regulated, although its precise function at this stage of development was unclear. This is the first study to suggest a nonredundant role for PPRC1 in mouse early embryonic development. ..
- Zhang L, Zhou H, Fu Y, Li Y, Wu F, Gu M, et al. Novel small-molecule PGC-1? transcriptional regulator with beneficial effects on diabetic db/db mice. Diabetes. 2013;62:1297-307 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that a novel small molecule selectively elevated the expression of PGC-1? in myotubes and skeletal muscle and exerted promising therapeutic effects for treating type 2 diabetes. ..
- Zhao Y, Li C, Wang M, Su L, Qu Y, Li J, et al. Decrease of miR-202-3p expression, a novel tumor suppressor, in gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69756 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that miR-202-3p may function as a novel tumor suppressor in gastric cancer and its anti-tumor activity may attribute the direct targeting and inhibition of Gli1. ..
- Xu H, Liao B, Zhang Q, Wang B, Li H, Zhong X, et al. Wwp2, an E3 ubiquitin ligase that targets transcription factor Oct-4 for ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:23495-503 pubmed..These results reveal that the functional status of Oct-4, in addition to its expression level, dictates its transcriptional activity, and the results open up a new avenue to understand how Oct-4 defines the fate of embryonic stem cells. ..
- Guan D, Xu Y, Yang M, Wang H, Wang X, Shen Z. N-acetyl cysteine and penicillamine induce apoptosis via the ER stress response-signaling pathway. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:68-74 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that NAC- and PEN-induced apoptosis in HeLa cells is mediated by the ER stress pathway. ..
- Cao W, Feng Z, Cui Z, Zhang C, Sun Z, Mao L, et al. Up-regulation of enhancer of zeste homolog 2 is associated positively with cyclin D1 overexpression and poor clinical outcome in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer. 2012;118:2858-71 pubmed publisher..In addition, an analysis of the combined expression of EZH2 and cyclin D1 can serve as a more powerful prognostic predictor for patients with HNSCC. ..
- Zhou Y, Sun W, Chen J, Tan H, Xiao Y, Li Q, et al. SmMYC2a and SmMYC2b played similar but irreplaceable roles in regulating the biosynthesis of tanshinones and phenolic acids in Salvia miltiorrhiza. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22852 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that SmMYC2a and SmMYC2b are JAZ-interacting transcription factors that positively regulate the biosynthesis of tanshinones and Sal B with similar but irreplaceable effects. ..
- Liu C, Yu T, Huang Y, Cui L, Hong W. ETS (E26 transformation-specific) up-regulation of the transcriptional co-activator TAZ promotes cell migration and metastasis in prostate cancer. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9420-9430 pubmed publisher..Our results show a regulatory mechanism of TAZ transcription and suggest a significant role for TAZ in the progression of prostate cancer. ..
- Lan X, Lan X, Chang Y, Zhang X, Liu J, Vikash V, et al. Identification of Two Additional Susceptibility Loci for Inflammatory Bowel Disease in a Chinese Population. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2077-2090 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, we found that ZMIZ1 expression was markedly higher in both IBD patients and mice with experimentally induced colitis, suggesting that ZMIZ1 plays important roles in the pathogenesis of IBD. ..
- Li J, Chen X, Yang H, Wang S, Guo B, Yu L, et al. The zinc finger transcription factor 191 is required for early embryonic development and cell proliferation. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3990-8 pubmed..These data show that Zfp191 is indispensable for early embryonic development and cell proliferation. ..
- Pan Y, Zhang Y, Cui J, Liu Y, McAllan B, Liao C, et al. Adaptation of phenylalanine and tyrosine catabolic pathway to hibernation in bats. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62039 pubmed publisher..Taken together, results of this work provide novel insights in nitrogen metabolism and removal of harmful metabolites during bat hibernation. ..
- Feng M, Ding Z, Xu L, Kong L, Wang W, Jiao S, et al. Structural and biochemical studies of RIG-I antiviral signaling. Protein Cell. 2013;4:142-54 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that phosphorylation of RIG inhibited downstream signaling by impairing RIG-I binding with polyubiquitin and its interaction with MAVS. ..
- Wang G, Wang H, Zhu J, Zhang J, Zhang X, Wang F, et al. An expression analysis of 57 transcription factors derived from ESTs of developing seeds in Maize (Zea mays). Plant Cell Rep. 2010;29:545-59 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the systematic analysis of maize seed TFs has provided valuable insight into transcriptional regulation during maize seed development. ..
- Zhu M, Zhang J, Qu J, Zhang H, Zhou S, Dong S, et al. Up-regulation of growth factor independence 1 in endotoxin tolerant macrophages with low secretion of TNF-alpha and IL-6. Inflamm Res. 2010;59:855-60 pubmed publisher..Gfi1 might participate in the mechanism of endotoxin tolerance. ..
- Hu G, Li X, Zhang X, Li Y, Ma L, Yang L, et al. Discovery of inhibitors to block interactions of HIV-1 integrase with human LEDGF/p75 via structure-based virtual screening and bioassays. J Med Chem. 2012;55:10108-17 pubmed publisher..These findings could be helpful for anti-HIV drug discovery. ..
- Wang T, Zeng Z, Li T, Liu J, Li J, Li Y, et al. Common SNPs in myelin transcription factor 1-like (MYT1L): association with major depressive disorder in the Chinese Han population. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13662 pubmed publisher..0048, genotype: corrected p?=?0.0204). A haplotype of rs1617213 and rs6759709 G-C was also significant (permutated p = 0.00007). Our results indicate that MYT1L may be a potential risk gene for MDD in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Bie B, Pan J, He H, Yang X, Zhao J, Cai R. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of the ethylene insensitive3 (EIN3) gene in cucumber (Cucumis sativus). Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:4179-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study will provide the basis for further study on the role of EIN3 in relevant biological processes of cucumber and on the molecular mechanism of the cucumber ethylene signaling pathway. ..
- Zhong Z, Zhong M, Lu Y, Lu L, Wang J, Xu D, et al. Identification of mutations in U2HR in two Chinese families with Marie Unna hereditary hypotrichosis. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2016;41:175-8 pubmed publisher..By sequencing U2HR in the two families, we identified two previously reported mutations, c.1Aâ€‰>T (p.Met1?) and c.104A>G (p*35Wext1263*). Both these mutations cosegregated with the disease phenotype in the two families. ..
- Ju J, Zou K, Xie H. Downregulation of NFAT5 by RNA interference reduces monoclonal antibody productivity of hybridoma cells. Cell Res. 2007;17:264-70 pubmed..The results presented here demonstrate that NFAT5 not only plays an important role in osmotic stress response pathway in hybridoma cells but also is essential for optimal antibody productivity. ..
- Gu X, Zheng M, Fei X, Yang Z, Li F, Ji C, et al. ZNF435, a novel human SCAN-containing zinc finger protein, inhibits AP-1-mediated transcriptional activation. Mol Cells. 2007;23:316-22 pubmed..Furthermore, ZNF435 proved to be a transcription repressor as its overexpression in AD293 cells inhibited the transcriptional activities of AP-1. ..
- Du L, Zhao Y, Chen J, Yang L, Zheng Y, Tang Y, et al. D77, one benzoic acid derivative, functions as a novel anti-HIV-1 inhibitor targeting the interaction between integrase and cellular LEDGF/p75. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;375:139-44 pubmed publisher..As the firstly discovered small molecular compound targeting HIV-1 integrase interaction with LEDGF/p75, D77 might supply useful structural information for further anti-HIV agent discovery. ..
- Wang H, Dong D, Tang S, Chen X, Gao Q. PPE38 of Mycobacterium marinum triggers the cross-talk of multiple pathways involved in the host response, as revealed by subcellular quantitative proteomics. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:2055-66 pubmed publisher..The results of our systems investigation now indicate that there is cross-talk involving a broad range of diverse biological pathways/processes that coordinate the host response to M. marinum PPE38...
- Guo L, Huang J, Liu Y, Li X, Zhou S, Qian S, et al. Transactivation of Atg4b by C/EBP? promotes autophagy to facilitate adipogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3180-90 pubmed publisher..These new insights into the molecular mechanism of adipose tissue development provide a functional pathway with therapeutic potential against obesity and its related metabolic disorders. ..
- Wang J, Liu N, Liu Z, Li Y, Song C, Yuan H, et al. The orphan nuclear receptor Rev-erbbeta recruits Tip60 and HDAC1 to regulate apolipoprotein CIII promoter. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:224-36 pubmed..Taken together, we have provided evidence that Rev-erbbeta modulates the apoCIII gene expression by recruiting different transcription co-activator or co-repressor. ..
- Han Y, Huang C, Sun X, Xiang B, Wang M, Yeh E, et al. SENP3-mediated de-conjugation of SUMO2/3 from promyelocytic leukemia is correlated with accelerated cell proliferation under mild oxidative stress. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12906-15 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an important role of SENP3 and the SUMOylation status of PML in the regulation of cell proliferation under oxidative stress. ..
- Wang J, Xin Y, Liu X, Liu Z, Wang X, Yang Y. A novel NKX2-5 mutation in familial ventricular septal defect. Int J Mol Med. 2011;27:369-75 pubmed publisher..The resuls of the present study may have potential implications in the genetic diagnosis and gene-specific therapy of this common childhood disease. ..
- Shi J, Yang W, Chen M, Du Y, Zhang J, Wang K. AMD, an automated motif discovery tool using stepwise refinement of gapped consensuses. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24576 pubmed publisher..We describe here an automated tool that allows for de novo discovery of transcription factor binding sites, regardless of whether the motifs are long or short, gapped or contiguous. ..
- Wang S, Wang J, Sun Y, Song Q, Li S. PKC-mediated USP phosphorylation at Ser35 modulates 20-hydroxyecdysone signaling in Drosophila. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:6187-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that PKC-mediated USP phosphorylation at Ser35 modulates 20E signaling in Drosophila. ..
- Wang X, Yan Z, Fulciniti M, Li Y, Gkotzamanidou M, Amin S, et al. Transcription factor-pathway coexpression analysis reveals cooperation between SP1 and ESR1 on dysregulating cell cycle arrest in non-hyperdiploid multiple myeloma. Leukemia. 2014;28:894-903 pubmed publisher..Therefore, studying TrF-pathway coexpression dysregulation in human cancers facilitates forming novel hypotheses toward clinical utility. ..
- Liu Y, Li J, Zhang F, Qin W, Yao G, He X, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the human ASB-8 gene encoding a novel member of ankyrin repeat and SOCS box containing protein family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;300:972-9 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Dong J, Zhu X, Wang W, Yang Q. The effect of sphingomyelin synthase 2 (SMS2) deficiency on the expression of drug transporters in mouse brain. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;82:287-94 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that SMS2 participates in the expression regulation of drug transporters, particularly Pgp, and suggest that SMS2 may be a potential target for enhancing drug access to the brain. ..
- Yang F, Zhang L, Huo X, Yuan J, Xu D, Yuan S, et al. Long noncoding RNA high expression in hepatocellular carcinoma facilitates tumor growth through enhancer of zeste homolog 2 in humans. Hepatology. 2011;54:1679-89 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that lncRNA-HEIH is an oncogenic lncRNA that promotes tumor progression and leads us to propose that lncRNAs may serve as key regulatory hubs in HCC progression. ..
- Zheng G, Liu Q, Ding G, Wei C, Li Y. Towards biological characters of interactions between transcription factors and their DNA targets in mammals. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:388 pubmed publisher..In summary, our work will help understand transcriptional regulation and interpret binding mechanism between proteins and DNAs. ..
- Mitra D, Fernandez P, Bian L, Song N, Li F, Han G, et al. Smad4 loss in mouse keratinocytes leads to increased susceptibility to UV carcinogenesis with reduced Ercc1-mediated DNA repair. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2609-2616 pubmed publisher..Collectively, Smad4 loss-associated Snail reduction compromises Ercc1-mediated DNA repair, contributing to increased UV-induced skin carcinogenesis. Thus, we identified a role for Snail in UV-induced DNA repair. ..
- Li J, Davies B, Han S, Zhou M, Bai Y, Zhang J, et al. The AKT inhibitor AZD5363 is selectively active in PI3KCA mutant gastric cancer, and sensitizes a patient-derived gastric cancer xenograft model with PTEN loss to Taxotere. J Transl Med. 2013;11:241 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that AKT inhibitor is an attractive option for treatment of a new segment of GC patients with aberrant PI3K/AKT signaling. ..
- Nagaraja S, Vitanza N, Woo P, Taylor K, Liu F, Zhang L, et al. Transcriptional Dependencies in Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:635-652.e6 pubmed publisher..The findings presented demonstrate transcriptional vulnerabilities and elucidate previously unknown mechanisms of DIPG pathobiology. ..
- Xie D, Tang X, Xia S, Tan J, Wang X, Cai Y. [Expression of NF-kappa B in human bladder cancer and its clinical significance]. Ai Zheng. 2002;21:663-7 pubmed..01, P < 0.01, P < 0.05, respectively). Compared to noncancer bladder mucosa, expressions of NF-kappa B family and its regulated genes in bladder cancer are markedly higher. NF-kappa B may be related to lymphatic metastasis. ..
- Jin W, Di G, Li J, Chen Y, Li W, Wu J, et al. TIEG1 induces apoptosis through mitochondrial apoptotic pathway and promotes apoptosis induced by homoharringtonine and velcade. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:3826-32 pubmed..We concluded that TIEG1 is a key regulator which induces and promotes apoptosis through the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. ..
- Liu C, Li H, Qi L, Loos R, Qi Q, Lu L, et al. Variants in GLIS3 and CRY2 are associated with type 2 diabetes and impaired fasting glucose in Chinese Hans. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21464 pubmed publisher..In addition, we also found modest evidence for the association of CRY2-rs11605924 with combined IFG/type 2 diabetes. ..
- Zhang J, Wang L, Qiu M, Liu Z, Qian W, Yang Y, et al. The protein levels of MCM7 and p63 in evaluating lesion severity of cervical disease. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2013;23:318-24 pubmed publisher..They may act as co-predictive index in both HPV-dependent and HPV-independent high-grade cervical lesion with high sensitivity and specificity. ..
- Yan R, Huang T, Xie Z, Xia G, Qian H, Zhao X, et al. Lmx1b controls peptide phenotypes in serotonergic and dopaminergic neurons. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2013;45:345-52 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that Lmx1b, a key transcription factor for the specification of 5-HT and dopaminergic transmitter phenotypes during embryogenesis, determines some peptide phenotypes in these neurons as well. ..
- Jiang X, Zhang M, You Y, Liu F. The production of somatostatin interneurons in the olfactory bulb is regulated by the transcription factor sp8. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70049 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Sp8 is required for the normal production of Som+ interneurons in the EPL of the mouse OB. ..
- Zhang P, Du J, Sun B, Dong X, Xu G, Zhou J, et al. Structure of human MRG15 chromo domain and its binding to Lys36-methylated histone H3. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:6621-8 pubmed..These data together suggest that the MRG15 chromo domain may function as an adaptor module which can bind to a modified histone H3 in a mode different from that of the HP1/Pc chromo domains. ..
- Qin J, Zhai J, Hong R, Shan S, Kong Y, Wen Y, et al. Prospero-related homeobox protein (Prox1) inhibits hepatitis B virus replication through repressing multiple cis regulatory elements. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:1246-55 pubmed publisher..Identification of Prox1 as an HBV repressor will help in the understanding of detailed interactions between viral cis elements and host cellular factors and may also form the basis for new anti-HBV intervention therapeutics. ..
- Chen L, Chen J, Jiang Y, Zhang W, Jiang W, Lu Y. Transcriptomics analyses reveal global roles of the regulator AveI in Streptomyces avermitilis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2009;298:199-207 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the aveI gene may be functioning as a global regulator involved in directing carbon flux from primary to secondary metabolism. ..
- Peng G, Han M, Du Y, Lin A, Yu L, Zhang Y, et al. SIP30 is regulated by ERK in peripheral nerve injury-induced neuropathic pain. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30138-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide a potential downstream target of ERK activation-mediated neuropathic pain. ..
- Gao C, Zhang Z, Liu W, Xiao S, Gu W, Lu H. Reduced microRNA-218 expression is associated with high nuclear factor kappa B activation in gastric cancer. Cancer. 2010;116:41-9 pubmed publisher..The down-regulation of miR-218 has the potential to increase carcinogenesis by losing control of its targets, and it may be correlated with the high transcriptional activity of NF-kappaB that results from H. pylori infection. ..
- Peng T, Wang L, Zhou S, Li X. Mutations of the GATA4 and NKX2.5 genes in Chinese pediatric patients with non-familial congenital heart disease. Genetica. 2010;138:1231-40 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that GATA4 and NKX2.5 missense mutations may be associated with congenital heart defects in pediatric Chinese patients. Further clinical studies with large samples are warranted. ..
- Qi W, Sun F, Wang Q, Chen M, Huang Y, Feng Y, et al. Rice ethylene-response AP2/ERF factor OsEATB restricts internode elongation by down-regulating a gibberellin biosynthetic gene. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:216-28 pubmed publisher..OsEATB reduces rice plant height and panicle length at maturity, promoting the branching potential of both tillers and spikelets. These are useful traits for breeding high-yielding crops. ..
- Shao D, Liu J, Ni J, Wang Z, Shen Y, Zhou L, et al. Suppression of XBP1S mediates high glucose-induced oxidative stress and extracellular matrix synthesis in renal mesangial cell and kidney of diabetic rats. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56124 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that XBP1S pathway of ER stress was involved in HG-induced oxidative stress and ECM synthesis. A downstream target of XBP1S in regulating ROS formation might be NADPH oxidase. ..
- Guo L, Jiang M, Ma Y, Cheng H, Ni X, Jin Y, et al. Cloning, chromosome localization and features of a novel human gene, MATH2. J Genet. 2002;81:13-7 pubmed..7 kb and 2.4 kb in human brain. We localized MATH2 to chromosome 7 at 7p14-15 by matching with the Human Genome Sequence Database. Human MATH2 and mouse Math2 may have the same functions in the nervous system. ..
- Liu W, Sun M, Jiang J, Shen X, Sun Q, Liu W, et al. Cyclin D3 interacts with human activating transcription factor 5 and potentiates its transcription activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;321:954-60 pubmed..But Cyclin D1 and Cyclin D2 had no effect on hATF5 transcriptional activity. These data provide a new clue to understand the new role of Cyclin D3 as a transcriptional regulator. ..
- Jin C, Li W, Xu F, Geng Z, He Z, Su J, et al. Conversion of immortal liver progenitor cells into pancreatic endocrine progenitor cells by persistent expression of Pdx-1. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:224-36 pubmed
- Dai J, Han H, Tian M, Cao J, Xiu J, Song N, et al. Enhanced contextual fear memory in central serotonin-deficient mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:11981-6 pubmed publisher..The enhanced fear memory in 5-HT-deficient mice supports the notion that 5-HT deficiency confers susceptibility to posttraumatic stress disorder in humans. ..
- Zhao Y, Guo S, Sun J, Huang Z, Zhu T, Zhang H, et al. Methylcap-seq reveals novel DNA methylation markers for the diagnosis and recurrence prediction of bladder cancer in a Chinese population. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35175 pubmed publisher..25%, respectively. In addition, the methylation of VAX1 and LMX1A was found to be associated with BC recurrence. We identified a promising diagnostic marker panel for early non-invasive detection and subsequent BC surveillance. ..