Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on stem cells in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: stem cells
Publications186 found, 100 shown here
- He X, Li Y, Lu H, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Yang G. Netrin-1 overexpression promotes white matter repairing and remodeling after focal cerebral ischemia in mice. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2013;33:1921-7 pubmed publisher..Our study indicated that NT-1 promoted OPC proliferation, differentiation, and increased remyelination, suggesting that NT-1 is a promising factor for white matter repairing and remodeling after ischemia. ..
- Zhang W, Wang S, Xu L, Zhang M, Wang G, Jin Y, et al. Comparison of the use of adipose tissue-derived and bone marrow-derived stem cells for rapid bone regeneration. J Dent Res. 2013;92:1136-41 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that BMSCs might be more useful than ADSCs for rapid bone regeneration for sinus augmentation with simultaneous implant placement. ..
- Liu C, Chen Z, Chen Z, Zhang T, Lu Y. Multiple tumor types may originate from bone marrow-derived cells. Neoplasia. 2006;8:716-24 pubmed..Conclusively, these findings reveal that BMDCs might be a source of many tumor types, even teratoma. In addition, multipotent cancer stem cells might originate from malignant transformed BMDCs. ..
- Zhao Q, Liu Z, Wang Z, Yang C, Liu J, Lu J. Effect of prepro-calcitonin gene-related peptide-expressing endothelial progenitor cells on pulmonary hypertension. Ann Thorac Surg. 2007;84:544-52 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the therapy based on the combination of both CGRP transfection and EPCs may be a potentially useful strategy for the treatment of pulmonary hypertensive disorders. ..
- Fu S, Hu J, Li Y, Wang Y, Jin J, Xui X, et al. A simplified method for generating oligodendrocyte progenitor cells from neural precursor cells isolated from the E16 rat spinal cord. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2007;67:367-77 pubmed..35 +/- 1.95%). Our results indicated that the PDGF/bFGF combination is more efficient in generating OPCs than the B104CM/bFGF. And it is a more potent combination of factors in promoting proliferation of OPCs. ..
- Ye M, Chen H. [Effects of Astragalus injection on proliferation of basal-like breast cancer cell line MDA-MB-468]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2008;6:399-404 pubmed publisher..The effects of AI on MDA-MB-468 cells and mMSCs are related to the concentration of AI, and its mechanism of inhibiting the proliferation of MDA-MB-468 cells may be due to down-regulation of the expressions of EGFR and p53 protein. ..
- Xian Z, Cong W, Wang Y, Wang B, Wu M. Expression and localization of aquaporin-1 in human cirrhotic liver. Pathol Res Pract. 2009;205:774-80 pubmed publisher..AQP-1 was overexpressed in the cirrhotic liver tissues. AQP-1, similar to CK19, might be a more specific and more sensitive marker than CK7 for the identification of HPCs. ..
- Su L, Cui H, Xu C, Xie X, Chen Q, Gao X. Putative rabbit conjunctival epithelial stem/progenitor cells preferentially reside in palpebral conjunctiva. Curr Eye Res. 2011;36:797-803 pubmed publisher..Collectively, conjunctival epithelial stem/progenitor cells in the rabbit may preferentially reside in palpebral conjunctiva, especially the mucocutaneous junction. ..
- Wang C, Yang W, Yan H, Luo T, Zhang J, Tang L, et al. Hepatitis B virus X (HBx) induces tumorigenicity of hepatic progenitor cells in 3,5-diethoxycarbonyl-1,4-dihydrocollidine-treated HBx transgenic mice. Hepatology. 2012;55:108-20 pubmed publisher..HBx induces intrinsic cellular transformation promoting the expansion and tumorigenicity of HPCs in DDC-treated mice, which may be a possible origin for liver cancer induced by chronic hepatitis infection. ..
- Xiao H, Zhou W, Chen X, Mei J, Lv Z, Ding F, et al. Interferon-Î² efficiently inhibited endothelial progenitor cell-induced tumor angiogenesis. Gene Ther. 2012;19:1030-4 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest that gene-transfected EPCs could be useful as a tumor-specific drug delivery system. ..
- Wang S, Huang H, Chen S, Li X, Liu Y, Zhang W, et al. Early growth response 2 (Egr2) plays opposing roles in committing C3H10T1/2 stem cells to adipocytes and smooth muscle-like cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:1825-32 pubmed publisher..Together, the results indicated a novel role for Egr2 in repressing adipocyte lineage commitment and promoting early smooth muscle-like cell differentiation. ..
- Xu Z, Zhang Q, Li H. Human hair follicle stem cell differentiation into contractile smooth muscle cells is induced by transforming growth factor-?1 and platelet-derived growth factor BB. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:1715-21 pubmed publisher..The high yield of derivation suggests that this strategy facilitates the acquisition of the large numbers of cells that are required for blood vessel engineering and the study of vascular disease pathophysiology. ..
- Zhang W, Cao H, Zhang X, Li G, Chang Q, Zhao J, et al. A strontium-incorporated nanoporous titanium implant surface for rapid osseointegration. Nanoscale. 2016;8:5291-301 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the MAO-Sr coating has the potential for future use in dental implants. ..
- Yang Z, Levison S. Perinatal hypoxic/ischemic brain injury induces persistent production of striatal neurons from subventricular zone progenitors. Dev Neurosci. 2007;29:331-40 pubmed..Altogether, these observations indicate the neonatal brain initiates a prolonged regenerative response from the precursors of the subventricular zone (SVZ) that results in persistent production of new striatal neurons. ..
- Wen T, Gu P, Chen F. Discovery of two novel functional genes from differentiation of neural stem cells in the striatum of the fetal rat. Neurosci Lett. 2002;329:101-5 pubmed..Our research primarily discovered that these two genes are associated with differentiation of NSC. How they function in the process of differentiation needs further study. ..
- Shen Y, Chen C, Xu Z. [Effect of Shuanghuang Shengbai granule on radiotherapy or chemotherapy induced leukopenia in mice]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2005;30:1275-9 pubmed..To observe the effect of Shuanghuang Shengbai granule on mice leukopenia induced by ip cyclophosphamide (CTX) or radiation...
- Yu Y, Gu S, Huang H, Wen T. Combination of bFGF, heparin and laminin induce the generation of dopaminergic neurons from rat neural stem cells both in vitro and in vivo. J Neurol Sci. 2007;255:81-6 pubmed..In this regard, we anticipated that this technology may advance stem cell-based therapy to replace lost neurons in neural injury or neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Gu S, Huang H, Bi J, Yao Y, Wen T. Combined treatment of neurotrophin-3 gene and neural stem cells is ameliorative to behavior recovery of Parkinson's disease rat model. Brain Res. 2009;1257:1-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the neural stem cells expressed NT-3 endogenously would be a better graft candidate for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Liang C, Ren Y, Tan H, He Z, Jiang Q, Wu J, et al. Rosiglitazone via upregulation of Akt/eNOS pathways attenuates dysfunction of endothelial progenitor cells, induced by advanced glycation end products. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;158:1865-73 pubmed publisher..The PPARgamma agonist rosiglitazone increased EPC function and attenuated EPC dysfunction induced by AGEs via upregulating the Akt-eNOS signal pathways of EPCs. ..
- Zhang Y, Yang Z, Yang Y, Wang S, Shi L, Xie W, et al. Production of transgenic mice by random recombination of targeted genes in female germline stem cells. J Mol Cell Biol. 2011;3:132-41 pubmed publisher..Gene manipulation of FGSCs is a rapid and efficient method of animal transgenesis and may serve as a powerful tool for biomedical science and biotechnology. ..
- Le W, Qi L, Li J, Wu D, Xu J, Zhang J. Low-dose ionizing irradiation triggers a 53BP1 response to DNA double strand breaks in mouse spermatogonial stem cells. Syst Biol Reprod Med. 2016;62:106-13 pubmed publisher..Our data indicates that 53BP1 plays an important role in the pathophysiological repair of DNA DSB in SSCs. This may open a new avenue to understanding the mechanisms of DNA repair of SSCs and male infertility. ..
- Ren W, Guo Q, Yang Y, Chen F. bFGF and heparin but not laminin are necessary factors in the mediums that affect NSCs differentiation into cholinergic neurons. Neurol Res. 2006;28:87-90 pubmed..This finding suggests that bFGF and heparin are essential in the mediums that affect NSCs differentiation into cholinergic neurons, and laminin is an important positive factor in this process. ..
- Chen Z, Ma Z, Wang Y, Li Y, Lü H, Fu S, et al. Oligodendrocyte-spinal cord explant co-culture: an in vitro model for the study of myelination. Brain Res. 2010;1309:9-18 pubmed publisher..As the oligodendrocytes expressed GFP, and the neuron somas remained in the explants, the interaction between oligodendrocytes and neurites in co-culture were observed clearly and dynamically without immunostaining. ..
- Yao J, Tucker B, Zhang X, Checa Casalengua P, Herrero Vanrell R, Young M. Robust cell integration from co-transplantation of biodegradable MMP2-PLGA microspheres with retinal progenitor cells. Biomaterials. 2011;32:1041-50 pubmed publisher..This suggests a practical and effective strategy for retinal repair. ..
- Zhang Z, Song Y, Chen Z, Shen Y, Bai C. Deletion of aquaporin 5 aggravates acute lung injury induced by Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Trauma. 2011;71:1305-11 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrated that AQP5 plays a protective role in the maintenance of pulmonary barrier function against PA infection. ..
- Wu S, Wang Z, Bharadwaj S, Hodges S, Atala A, Zhang Y. Implantation of autologous urine derived stem cells expressing vascular endothelial growth factor for potential use in genitourinary reconstruction. J Urol. 2011;186:640-7 pubmed publisher..Neovascularization and nerve regeneration were also enhanced within the implanted grafts. ..
- Zeng W, Wan R, Zheng Y, Singh S, Wei Y. Hypoxia, stem cells and bone tumor. Cancer Lett. 2011;313:129-36 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focused on the role of HIFs on bone tumor formation. Further, we also emphasized how hypoxia, stem cells, and its niches regulate the bone tumorigenesis. ..
- Fu Q, Song X, Liao G, Deng C, Cui L. Myoblasts differentiated from adipose-derived stem cells to treat stress urinary incontinence. Urology. 2010;75:718-23 pubmed publisher..To investigate the application of adipose-derived stem cell (ADSC) technology in the treatment of stress incontinence...
- Qi Y, Jiang Q, Chen C, Cao Y, Qian L. Circulating endothelial progenitor cells decrease in infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia and increase after inhaled nitric oxide. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79060 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to elucidate the mechanism leading to the decrease of EPCs in infants with BPD and to investigate the role of iNO treatment in the prevention of BPD. ..
- Qi Y, Qian L, Sun B, Chen C, Cao Y. Circulating CD34(+) cells are elevated in neonates with respiratory distress syndrome. Inflamm Res. 2010;59:889-95 pubmed publisher..305, P < 0.01). The level of circulating CD34(+) cells was elevated in RDS along with an increase of plasma SDF-1, suggesting CD34(+) cells might be involved in reparation of neonatal lung injury. ..
- Zhang X, Guo J, Chi Y, Liu Y, Zhang C, Yang X, et al. Endothelin-induced differentiation of Nkx2.5? cardiac progenitor cells into pacemaking cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;366:309-18 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study support the notion that pacemaking cells originate from Nkx2.5(+) CPCs present in embryonic heart tubes and endothelin-1 might be involved in diversification of cardiomyogenic progenitors toward the cells. ..
- Shi Y, Fu Y, Tong W, Geng Y, Lui P, Tang T, et al. Uniaxial mechanical tension promoted osteogenic differentiation of rat tendon-derived stem cells (rTDSCs) via the Wnt5a-RhoA pathway. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:3133-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results showed that UMT induced osteogenic differentiation of rTDSCs via the Wnt5a-RhoA pathway, which might contribute to ectopic ossification in tendon tissue due to mechanical loading. ..
- Qiu X, Ding S, Shi T. From understanding the development landscape of the canonical fate-switch pair to constructing a dynamic landscape for two-step neural differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49271 pubmed publisher..Our work provides new insights into cellular differentiation and important clues for better reprogramming strategies. ..
- Wen T, Bao K, Li H. Blocking BE301622 gene expression by RNAi initiates differentiation of neural stem cells in rat. Cell Biochem Funct. 2007;25:775-9 pubmed..Expression of mRNA was tested through RT-PCR. The result showed the expression of BE301622 gene was specificially suppressed. This finding effectively validated that BE301622 is involved in the differentiation of NSCs. ..
- Deng X, Luan Q, Chen W, Wang Y, Wu M, Zhang H, et al. Nanosized zinc oxide particles induce neural stem cell apoptosis. Nanotechnology. 2009;20:115101 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the need for caution during the use and disposal of ZnO manufactured nanomaterials to prevent the unintended environmental and health impacts. ..
- Ding D, Ning C, Huang L, Jin F, Hao Y, Bai S, et al. Anodic fabrication and bioactivity of Nb-doped TiO2 nanotubes. Nanotechnology. 2009;20:305103 pubmed publisher..The above findings make it possible to further explore the biological properties, such as cell proliferation and drug delivery, of a variety of Ti-alloy-based oxide nanotubes. ..
- Jiang H, Liang C, Liu X, Jiang Q, He Z, Wu J, et al. Palmitic acid promotes endothelial progenitor cells apoptosis via p38 and JNK mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways. Atherosclerosis. 2010;210:71-7 pubmed publisher..PA-induced EPCs apoptosis could be partly ameliorated by p38 inhibitor SB203580 and JNK inhibitor SP600125, but not by ERK1/2 inhibitor PD98059. These findings suggested that PA promoted EPCs apoptosis via p38 and JNK MAPKs pathways. ..
- Xiao C, Zhou H, Ge S, Tang T, Hou H, Luo M, et al. Repair of orbital wall defects using biocoral scaffolds combined with bone marrow stem cells enhanced by human bone morphogenetic protein-2 in a canine model. Int J Mol Med. 2010;26:517-25 pubmed..Biocoral scaffolds combined with BMSCs enhanced by BMP2 could improve the healing of critical-sized medial orbital wall defects in canines. ..
- Huang J, Wang Y, Gu W, Fu S, Li Y, Huang L, et al. Expression and function of myelin-associated proteins and their common receptor NgR on oligodendrocyte progenitor cells. Brain Res. 2012;1437:1-15 pubmed publisher..And NgR, as the common receptor for Nogo-A and OMgp, might be the main molecule that mediated these functions in OPCs. ..
- Li H, Xu Y, Fu Q, Li C. Effects of multiple agents on epithelial differentiation of rabbit adipose-derived stem cells in 3D culture. Tissue Eng Part A. 2012;18:1760-70 pubmed publisher..The results showed that the establishment of an epithelial-specific microenvironment may be a feasible way for epithelial differentiation of ASCs in vitro, and provided an alternative for research on epithelium regeneration. ..
- Wang X, Yan C, Ye K, He Y, Li Z, Ding J. Effect of RGD nanospacing on differentiation of stem cells. Biomaterials. 2013;34:2865-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, the differentiation of stem cells might be regulated inherently by nanospacing of bioactive ligands on the material surfaces. ..
- Zhang R, Cui Q, Murai K, Lim Y, Smith Z, Jin S, et al. Tet1 regulates adult hippocampal neurogenesis and cognition. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;13:237-45 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Tet1 is positively involved in the epigenetic regulation of neural progenitor cell proliferation in the adult brain. ..
- Liu Y, Cao L, Chen R, Zhou X, Fan X, Liang Y, et al. Osteopontin Promotes Hepatic Progenitor Cell Expansion and Tumorigenicity via Activation of Î²-Catenin in Mice. Stem Cells. 2015;33:3569-80 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that autocrine OPN plays a crucial role in HPC expansion, migration, and subsequent oncogenic transformation of HPCs, which may provide a new insight into hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Xu Y, Fu M, Li Z, Fan Z, Li X, Liu Y, et al. A prosurvival and proangiogenic stem cell delivery system to promote ischemic limb regeneration. Acta Biomater. 2016;31:99-113 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, the differentiation of stem cells into endothelial and myogenic lineages, and cell paracrine effects will enhance vascularization and muscle regeneration. ..
- Zhou C, Yang X, Sun Y, Yu H, Zhang Y, Jin Y. Comprehensive profiling reveals mechanisms of SOX2-mediated cell fate specification in human ESCs and NPCs. Cell Res. 2016;26:171-89 pubmed publisher..Together, our results advance our understanding of the mechanism by which cell type-specific transcription factors control lineage-specific gene expression programs and specify cell fate. ..
- Zhe Z, Jun D, Yang Z, Mingxi X, Ke Z, Ming Z, et al. Bladder Acellular Matrix Grafts Seeded with Adipose-Derived Stem Cells and Incubated Intraperitoneally Promote the Regeneration of Bladder Smooth Muscle and Nerve in a Rat Model of Bladder Augmentation. Stem Cells Dev. 2016;25:405-14 pubmed publisher
- Yanqing Z, Yu Min L, Jian Q, Bao Guo X, Chuan Zhen L. Fibronectin and neuroprotective effect of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in focal cerebral ischemia. Brain Res. 2006;1098:161-9 pubmed
- Zou D, Han W, You S, Ye D, Wang L, Wang S, et al. In vitro study of enhanced osteogenesis induced by HIF-1?-transduced bone marrow stem cells. Cell Prolif. 2011;44:234-43 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Lenti-HIF-1? can induce BMSC overexpression levels of angiogenic and osteogenic genes in vitro in the normoxic state. Further study will be focused on whether HIF-1? can also improve bone repair in vivo. ..
- Liu C, Zhang C, Lu H, Cai J, Wang Z, Chen J, et al. Poly(I:C) induce bone marrow precursor cells into myeloid-derived suppressor cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;358:317-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated that the bone marrow precursor cells in the presence of GM-CSF and IL-4 can differentiate into MDSC, which is dependent on the dynamic of interaction with poly(I:C). ..
- Zhou J, Fang W, Yang X, Zhou S, Hu L, Li X, et al. A nonluminescent and highly virulent Vibrio harveyi strain is associated with "bacterial white tail disease" of Litopenaeus vannamei shrimp. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29961 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that some bacterial strains are changing themselves from secondary to primary pathogens by enhancing their virulence in current shrimp aquaculture system...
- Qi Y, Qian L, Sun B, Liu L, Wu P, Sun L. Inhaled NO contributes to lung repair in piglets with acute respiratory distress syndrome via increasing circulating endothelial progenitor cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33859 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that iNO induces mobilization of EPCs from bone marrow into circulation, contributes to vascular repair, and thereby alleviates lung damage. ..
- Fang X, Zhao R, Wang K, Li Z, Yang P, Huang Q, et al. Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells are involved in aneurysm repair in rabbits. J Clin Neurosci. 2012;19:1283-6 pubmed publisher..These results show that bone marrow-derived EPC are involved in the process of aneurysm repair in this rabbit model. ..
- Wang H, Zhang D, Tan Y, Li T. Autophagy in endothelial progenitor cells is cytoprotective in hypoxic conditions. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;304:C617-26 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, hypoxia activates autophagy, promoting EPC survival by inhibiting apoptosis. Enhancing autophagy with hypoxic preconditioning may be beneficial for survival of the transplanted EPCs in a local hypoxic environment. ..
- Han D, Li J. Repair of bone defect by using vascular bundle implantation combined with Runx II gene-transfected adipose-derived stem cells and a biodegradable matrix. Cell Tissue Res. 2013;352:561-71 pubmed publisher..Runx II gene therapy combined with vascular bundle implantation thus displays excellent abilities for osteoinduction and vascularization and is a promising method for the treatment of bone non-union and defect. ..
- Liu Q, Yang R, Huang X, Zhang H, He L, Zhang L, et al. Genetic lineage tracing identifies in situ Kit-expressing cardiomyocytes. Cell Res. 2016;26:119-30 pubmed publisher..This study presents a new interpretation for the contribution of Kit(+) cells to cardiomyocytes and shows that Kit genetic lineage tracing over-estimates the cardiogenic activity of Kit(+) CSCs. ..
- Yu J, Cao J, Li H, Liu P, Xu S, Zhou R, et al. Bone marrow fibrosis with fibrocytic and immunoregulatory responses induced by Î²-catenin activation in osteoprogenitors. Bone. 2016;84:38-46 pubmed publisher..This study might shed new light on the understanding and development of a therapeutic strategy for bone fibrous dysplasia. ..
- Xu H, Liao B, Zhang Q, Wang B, Li H, Zhong X, et al. Wwp2, an E3 ubiquitin ligase that targets transcription factor Oct-4 for ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:23495-503 pubmed..These results reveal that the functional status of Oct-4, in addition to its expression level, dictates its transcriptional activity, and the results open up a new avenue to understand how Oct-4 defines the fate of embryonic stem cells. ..
- Liu Q, Yu J, Mi W, Mao Ying Q, Yang R, Wang Y, et al. Electroacupuncture attenuates the decrease of hippocampal progenitor cell proliferation in the adult rats exposed to chronic unpredictable stress. Life Sci. 2007;81:1489-95 pubmed..The study demonstrated a potential antidepressant-like effect of EA treatment on CUS induced depression model rats, which might be mediated by up-regulating the hippocampal progenitor cell proliferation. ..
- Ma J, Shan L, Yu L, Yuan C. [Expression of galanin and galanin receptors in neurogenesis regions of adult mouse brain and effect of galanin on the neural stem cell's differentiation]. Fen Zi Xi Bao Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2008;41:359-66 pubmed..These results indicate that galanin and its receptors might regulate neurite extension in differentiating neural stem cells and even participate in the development of the nervous system. ..
- Donghui C, Shicai C, Wei W, Fei L, Jianjun J, Gang C, et al. Functional modulation of satellite cells in long-term denervated human laryngeal muscle. Laryngoscope. 2010;120:353-8 pubmed publisher..Laryngeal muscles exhibit persistent regenerative potential from the viewpoint of muscle SCs after less than 2 years of denervation. ..
- Chen H, Fan X, Xia J, Chen P, Zhou X, Huang J, et al. Electrospun chitosan-graft-poly (?-caprolactone)/poly (?-caprolactone) nanofibrous scaffolds for retinal tissue engineering. Int J Nanomedicine. 2011;6:453-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that CS-PCL/PCL(20/80) scaffolds have potential application in retinal tissue engineering. ..
- Zou K, Hou L, Sun K, Xie W, Wu J. Improved efficiency of female germline stem cell purification using fragilis-based magnetic bead sorting. Stem Cells Dev. 2011;20:2197-204 pubmed publisher..This new method for the purification of FGSCs may have extensive applications in stem cell studies and clinical research. ..
- Deng H, Gao Y, Wang H, Jin X, Xiao J. Expression of deleted in malignant brain tumours 1 (DMBT1) relates to the proliferation and malignant transformation of hepatic progenitor cells in hepatitis B virus-related liver diseases. Histopathology. 2012;60:249-60 pubmed publisher..05). DMBT1 may play an important role in the proliferation of HPCs in HBV-related liver diseases. Moreover, down-expression of DMBT1 might enhance the risk of malignant transformation of HPCs. ..
- Xu Y, Wei X, Wang M, Zhang R, Fu Y, Xing M, et al. Proliferation rate of somatic cells affects reprogramming efficiency. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9767-78 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrated that the proliferation rate of the somatic cell plays critical roles in reprogramming. Slowing down the proliferation of the original cells might be beneficial to the induction of iPS cells. ..
- Xiong M, Li J, Ma S, Yang Y, Zhou W. Effects of hypothermia on oligodendrocyte precursor cell proliferation, differentiation and maturation following hypoxia ischemia in vivo and in vitro. Exp Neurol. 2013;247:720-9 pubmed publisher..This study proposed new aspects that may contribute to elucidate the mechanism of hypothermic neuroprotection for white matter injury in neonatal rat brain injury. ..
- Zhang Z, Gong Y, Guo Y, Hai Y, Yang H, Yang S, et al. Direct transdifferentiation of spermatogonial stem cells to morphological, phenotypic and functional hepatocyte-like cells via the ERK1/2 and Smad2/3 signaling pathways and the inactivation of cyclin A, cyclin B and cyclin E. Cell Commun Signal. 2013;11:67 pubmed publisher..This study thus provides an invaluable source of mature hepatocytes for treating liver-related diseases and drug toxicity screening and offers novel insights into mechanisms of liver development and cell reprogramming. ..
- Li T, Zheng Q, An J, Wu M, Li H, Gui X, et al. SET1A Cooperates With CUDR to Promote Liver Cancer Growth and Hepatocyte-like Stem Cell Malignant Transformation Epigenetically. Mol Ther. 2016;24:261-275 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first demonstration that SET1A cooperates with CUDR to play a positive potential role during hepatocarcinogenesis and hepatocyte-like stem cells' malignant transformation epigenetically. ..
- Cheng Y, Wang X, Wang B, Zhou H, Dang S, Shi Y, et al. Aging-associated oxidative stress inhibits liver progenitor cell activation in mice. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:1359-1374 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates aging-associated changes in LPC activation and reveals critical roles for the stem cell niche, including neutrophils and hepatic stellate cells, in the negative regulation of LPCs during aging. ..
- Yuan H, Li N, Fu D, Ren J, Hui J, Peng J, et al. Histone methyltransferase SETD2 modulates alternative splicing to inhibit intestinal tumorigenesis. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3375-3391 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies highlight SETD2 as an integral regulator of Wnt signaling through epigenetic regulation of RNA processing during tissue regeneration and tumorigenesis. ..
- Ma D, Zhang M, Mori Y, Yao C, Larsen C, Yamashima T, et al. Cellular localization of epidermal-type and brain-type fatty acid-binding proteins in adult hippocampus and their response to cerebral ischemia. Hippocampus. 2010;20:811-9 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the present data suggest that polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as docosahexaenoic acid, may act via FABP5 or 7 to regulate adult postischemic hippocampal neuronal antiapoptosis or neurogenesis in primates...
- Huang T, Xie Z, Wang J, Li M, Jing N, Li L. Nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) proteins repress canonical Wnt signaling via its interaction with Dishevelled (Dvl) protein and participate in regulating neural progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37399-405 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that NFAT negatively regulates canonical Wnt/?-catenin signaling by binding to Dvl, thereby participating in vertebrate neurogenesis. ..
- Cai Y, Zhang Q, Wang C, Zhang Y, Ma T, Zhou X, et al. Nuclear receptor COUP-TFII-expressing neocortical interneurons are derived from the medial and lateral/caudal ganglionic eminence and define specific subsets of mature interneurons. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:479-97 pubmed publisher..5 dMGE and E15.5 dLGE. These results provide novel information about interneuron fate and position from spatially and temporally distinct origins in the ganglionic eminences. ..
- Yao J, Sun X, Wang Y, Xu G, Qian J. Math5 promotes retinal ganglion cell expression patterns in retinal progenitor cells. Mol Vis. 2007;13:1066-72 pubmed..001). Transfection by pIRES2-EGFP-Math5 could change the expression of Delta-1, Hes1, and Brn-3b. Math5 may up-regulate RGC expression patterns in RPCs and change the expression of Math5-associated genes. ..
- Liu C, Xu S, Ma Z, Zeng Y, Chen Z, Lu Y. Generation of pluripotent cancer-initiating cells from transformed bone marrow-derived cells. Cancer Lett. 2011;303:140-9 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that pluripotent cancer-initiating cells can originate from BMDCs. It provides an accessible in vitro model for copying the "embryonal rest" phenomenon from adult cells...
- Zhu X, Li B, Ai Z, Xiang Z, Zhang K, Qiu X, et al. A Robust Single Primate Neuroepithelial Cell Clonal Expansion System for Neural Tube Development and Disease Studies. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:228-42 pubmed publisher..Our system is ideal for studying NT development and diseases. ..
- Wang B, Lu R, Wang W, Jin Y. Inducible and reversible suppression of Npm1 gene expression using stably integrated small interfering RNA vector in mouse embryonic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:1129-37 pubmed..Taken together, this system allows for studying gene function in a highly controlled manner, otherwise difficult to achieve in ES cells. Moreover, our results demonstrate that Npm1 is essential for ES cell proliferation. ..
- Qin J, Li K, Peng C, Li X, Lin J, Ye K, et al. MRI of iron oxide nanoparticle-labeled ADSCs in a model of hindlimb ischemia. Biomaterials. 2013;34:4914-25 pubmed publisher..Developed DMSA-NPs were shown to exhibit a considerable potential for use as nanoprobes for MRI of stem cells, which will enhance our understanding of cell-based therapeutic strategies for ischemic diseases...
- Yao Y, Xiong J, Wang X, Li J, Hu Y. [The presentation of neo gene in chimeric mice obtained from ES cells]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2001;28:1116-9 pubmed..PCR was carried out to analyze the presentation of neo gene in tissues of chimeric mice. The results showed that many tissues harbored the neo gene, including skin, liver and blood et al. ..
- Huang M, Li Y, Wu G, Zhang F. Whole genome expression profiling reveals a significant role for the cell junction and apoptosis pathways in breast cancer stem cells. Mol Biotechnol. 2010;45:39-48 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that combining global gene expression analysis with detailed annotated pathway resources can enhance our understanding of the critical pathways that regulate breast CSCs. ..
- Zhang X, Mao H, Chen J, Wen S, Li D, Ye M, et al. Increased expression of microRNA-221 inhibits PAK1 in endothelial progenitor cells and impairs its function via c-Raf/MEK/ERK pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;431:404-8 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings demonstrate that miR-221 affects the MEK/ERK pathway by targeting PAK1 to inhibit the proliferation of EPCs. ..
- Pan Y, Liu S, Wu H, Lv J, Xu X, Zhang Y. Baculovirus as an ideal radionuclide reporter gene vector: a new strategy for monitoring the fate of human stem cells in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61305 pubmed publisher..Baculovirus as transgenic vector of radionuclide reporter gene imaging technology is a promising strategy for monitoring stem cell transplantation therapy. ..