Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: signal transduction
Publications968 found, 100 shown here
- Hou M, Tan L, Wang X, Zhu Y. Antisense Tiam1 down-regulates the invasiveness of 95D cells in vitro. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2004;36:537-40 pubmed..Our results suggested that Tiam1 signaling contributed to the invasion and metastasis of the human giant-cell lung carcinoma cells...
- Wang F, Yang Y, Shi C, Zhang P, Moyer M, Zhang H, et al. UHRF1 promotes cell growth and metastasis through repression of p16(ink?a) in colorectal cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19:2753-62 pubmed publisher..UHRF1 promotes CRC growth and metastasis, likely by repressing p16(ink4a), and thus it may be used as a biomarker or even a therapeutic target for CRC. ..
- Fang J, Wang Y, Lv X, Shen X, Ni X, Ding K. Structure of a ?-glucan from Grifola frondosa and its antitumor effect by activating Dectin-1/Syk/NF-?B signaling. Glycoconj J. 2012;29:365-77 pubmed publisher..This molecule could be a promising biological response modifier with clear application for antitumor therapies...
- Xu M, Shi H, Wang H, Gao X. Salidroside protects against hydrogen peroxide-induced injury in HUVECs via the regulation of REDD1 and mTOR activation. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:147-53 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that salidroside was capable of protecting HUVECs against H2O2-induced apoptosis by activating the PI3K/Akt/mTOR-dependent pathway and inhibiting ROS production by activating REDD1. ..
- Wang W, Liu F, Chen N. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPAR-gamma) agonists attenuate the profibrotic response induced by TGF-beta1 in renal interstitial fibroblasts. Mediators Inflamm. 2007;2007:62641 pubmed publisher..PPAR-gamma agonists could inhibit TGF-beta1-induced renal fibroblast activation, CTGF expression and ECM synthesis through abrogating the TGF-beta1/Smads signaling pathway. ..
- Song W, Ren D, Li W, Jiang L, Cho K, Huang P, et al. SH2B regulation of growth, metabolism, and longevity in both insects and mammals. Cell Metab. 2010;11:427-37 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that dSH2B regulation of insulin-like signaling, growth, and metabolism is conserved in SH2B1, whereas dSH2B regulation of oxidative stress and longevity may be conserved in other SH2B family members. ..
- Liang D, Gao Y, Lin X, He Z, Zhao Q, Deng Q, et al. A human herpesvirus miRNA attenuates interferon signaling and contributes to maintenance of viral latency by targeting IKK?. Cell Res. 2011;21:793-806 pubmed publisher..Moreover, inhibition of miR-K12-11 enhanced KSHV reactivation induced by vesicular stomatitis virus infection. Taken together, our findings also suggest that miR-K12-11 can contribute to maintenance of KSHV latency by targeting IKK?. ..
- An D, Yang J, Zhang P. Transcriptome profiling of low temperature-treated cassava apical shoots showed dynamic responses of tropical plant to cold stress. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:64 pubmed publisher..The development of microarray technology has accelerated the study of global transcription profiling under certain conditions...
- Wang L, Wang Y, Xu D, Ruan K, Feng Y, Wang S. MDG-1, a polysaccharide from Ophiopogon japonicus exerts hypoglycemic effects through the PI3K/Akt pathway in a diabetic KKAy mouse model. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;143:347-54 pubmed publisher..Ophiopogon japonicus is a traditional Chinese medicine that might be helpful for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Recent studies have confirmed its beneficial properties, but not the mechanism of action...
- Li Y, Shi X. MicroRNAs in the regulation of TLR and RIG-I pathways. Cell Mol Immunol. 2013;10:65-71 pubmed publisher..Increasing evidence also indicates that both virus-encoded miRNAs and cellular miRNAs have important functions in viral replication and host anti-viral immunity. ..
- Zhu Y, Xu L, Zhang J, Xu W, Liu Y, Yin H, et al. Klotho suppresses tumor progression via inhibiting PI3K/Akt/GSK3?/Snail signaling in renal cell carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:663-71 pubmed publisher..As a result, Klotho might be used as a potential therapy for advanced RCC...
- Lv C, Hong Y, Miao L, Li C, Xu G, Wei S, et al. Wentilactone A as a novel potential antitumor agent induces apoptosis and G2/M arrest of human lung carcinoma cells, and is mediated by HRas-GTP accumulation to excessively activate the Ras/Raf/ERK/p53-p21 pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e952 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest WA as a promising novel, potent and selective antitumor drug candidate for lung cancer. ..
- Cui Y, Chen X, Zhang J, Sun X, Liu H, Bai L, et al. Uhrf1 Controls iNKT Cell Survival and Differentiation through the Akt-mTOR Axis. Cell Rep. 2016;15:256-63 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that Uhrf1 regulation of the Akt-mTOR signaling pathway is required for iNKT cell development. ..
- Yan N, Xu L, Wu X, Zhang L, Fei X, Cao Y, et al. GSKJ4, an H3K27me3 demethylase inhibitor, effectively suppresses the breast cancer stem cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:405-414 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results provide strong supports that H3K27me3 exerts a suppressive influence on BCSCs and reveal that GSKJ4 is capable to be a prospective agent targeting BCSCs. ..
- Xu Y, Li X, Liu X, Zhou M. Neuregulin-1/ErbB signaling and chronic heart failure. Adv Pharmacol. 2010;59:31-51 pubmed publisher..As predicted, rhNRG-1 treatment improved both cardiac function and reversed remodeling of the heart. Therefore, rhNRG-1 may represent a new drug for treatment of CHF with a novel therapeutic mechanism...
- Wang P, Xu T, Guan Y, Tian W, Viollet B, Rui Y, et al. Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase protects against ischemic stroke through SIRT1-dependent adenosine monophosphate-activated kinase pathway. Ann Neurol. 2011;69:360-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that Nampt protects against ischemic stroke through rescuing neurons from death via the SIRT1-dependent AMPK pathway and indicate that Nampt is a new therapeutic target for stroke. ..
- Cao J, Shen Y, Zhu L, Xu Y, Zhou Y, Wu Z, et al. miR-129-3p controls cilia assembly by regulating CP110 and actin dynamics. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:697-706 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results reveal a mechanism that orchestrates both the centriole-to-basal body transition and subsequent cilia assembly through microRNA-mediated post-transcriptional regulation. ..
- Feng Y, Dai X, Li X, Wang H, Liu J, Zhang J, et al. EGF signalling pathway regulates colon cancer stem cell proliferation and apoptosis. Cell Prolif. 2012;45:413-9 pubmed publisher..This study assesses whether EGF, bFGF and IGF signalling pathways are essential for colon CSC proliferation and self-renewal...
- Zhang J, Zhang L, Su X, Li M, Xie L, Malchers F, et al. Translating the therapeutic potential of AZD4547 in FGFR1-amplified non-small cell lung cancer through the use of patient-derived tumor xenograft models. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:6658-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, the translational science presented here provides a strong rationale for investigation of AZD4547 as a therapeutic option for patients with squamous NSCLC tumors harboring amplification of FGFR1. ..
- Zhang B, Liu X, Chen W, Chen L. IFIT5 potentiates anti-viral response through enhancing innate immune signaling pathways. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2013;45:867-74 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, IFIT5 co-localizes partly with mitochondria and interacts with RIG-I and MAVS. Our study identified that IFIT5 is an important enhancer in innate immune response. ..
- Hou J, Zhou Y, Zheng Y, Fan J, Zhou W, Ng I, et al. Hepatic RIG-I predicts survival and interferon-? therapeutic response in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:49-63 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that RIG-I deficiency promotes HCC carcinogenesis and that hepatic RIG-I expression is lower in men than in women. RIG-I may therefore be a tumor suppressor in HCC and contribute to HCC gender disparity. ..
- Cheng Y, Du J, Han J, Sun W, Gao F, Zhang P, et al. Polymyxin B Attenuates LPS-Induced Death but Aggravates Radiation-Induced Death via TLR4-Myd88-IL-6 Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1120-1126 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed a role of PMB in LPS-induced endotoxemia and radiation exposure. We infer that the TLR4-Myd88-IL-6 pathway may play a crucial role in the process. ..
- Zhang C, He H, Wang L, Zhang N, Huang H, Xiong Q, et al. Virus-Triggered ATP Release Limits Viral Replication through Facilitating IFN-? Production in a P2X7-Dependent Manner. J Immunol. 2017;199:1372-1381 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate the protective role of extracellular ATP and P2X7 in viral infection and suggest a potential therapeutic role for ATP/P2X7 in viral diseases. ..
- Fu W, Shen J, Luo X, Zhu W, Cheng J, Yu K, et al. Dopamine D1 receptor agonist and D2 receptor antagonist effects of the natural product (-)-stepholidine: molecular modeling and dynamics simulations. Biophys J. 2007;93:1431-41 pubmed..Further mutagenesis and biophysical experiments are needed to test and improve our proposed dual action mechanism of SPD and signal transduction model...
- Qu Y, Wang J, RAY P, Guo H, Huang J, Shin Sim M, et al. Thioredoxin-like 2 regulates human cancer cell growth and metastasis via redox homeostasis and NF-?B signaling. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:212-25 pubmed publisher..Our studies provided insight into redox-based mechanisms underlying tumor growth and metastasis and suggest that TXNL2 could be a target for treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Du W, Hong J, Wang Y, Zhang Y, Wang P, Su W, et al. Inhibition of JAK2/STAT3 signalling induces colorectal cancer cell apoptosis via mitochondrial pathway. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:1878-88 pubmed publisher..Therefore, JAK2/STAT3 signalling may be a potential target for therapy of CRC. ..
- Xie F, Qiu L, Wen C. Possible modulation of Arabidopsis ETR1 N-terminal signaling by CTR1. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:1243-5 pubmed publisher..We address possible modulations of ETR1 N-terminal signaling with docking of CTR1 on the ETR1 HK domain. ..
- Wu Y, Hu W, Wang Y, Wang N, Gao L, Chen Z, et al. Exploring novel targets of basal-like breast carcinoma by comparative gene profiling and mechanism analysis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013;141:23-32 pubmed publisher..Focal adhesion kinase, ERBB, and their signaling pathways may play crucial role in BLBC. The intrinsic 40-gene set can be used to classify breast cancer and help to optimize therapeutic management of BLBC. ..
- Zhang X, Liu L, Chen C, Chi Y, Yang X, Xu Y, et al. Interferon regulatory factor-1 together with reactive oxygen species promotes the acceleration of cell cycle progression by up-regulating the cyclin E and CDK2 genes during high glucose-induced proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2013;12:147 pubmed publisher..The Irf-1 overexpression-induced proliferation of VSMCs, the up-regulation of cyclin E/CDK2 and the acceleration of cell cycle progression are associated with ROS/Erk1/2 signaling pathway under high glucose conditions. ..
- Dong R, Liu X, Zhang B, Liu B, Zheng S, Dong K. Long non-coding RNA-CRNDE: a novel regulator of tumor growth and angiogenesis in hepatoblastoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:42087-42097 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study reveals a crucial role of CRNDE in the pathology of hepatoblastoma. CRNDE may serve as a promising diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for hepatoblastoma. ..
- Li C, Shi H, Chen Z, Ye H, Song N, Yin S. Protein kinase A and C signaling induces bilirubin potentiation of GABA/glycinergic synaptic transmission in rat ventral cochlear nucleus neurons. Brain Res. 2010;1348:30-41 pubmed publisher..Bilirubin facilitates transmitter release via presynaptic PKA activation, which might provide insight into the cellular mechanism underlying bilirubin-induced hearing dysfunction. ..
- Hou X, Wang O, Li Z, Mou H, Chen J, Deng B, et al. Upregulation of pancreatic derived factor (FAM3B) expression in pancreatic ?-cells by MCP-1 (CCL2). Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;343:18-24 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a new link between the endocrine and immune systems and provide useful information for further investigating the physiological functions of PANDER and its involvement in inflammation-related pancreatic disorders. ..
- Huang W, Lv X, Liu C, Zha Z, Zhang H, Jiang Y, et al. The N-terminal phosphodegron targets TAZ/WWTR1 protein for SCFβ-TrCP-dependent degradation in response to phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibition. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:26245-53 pubmed publisher..This study provides a novel mechanism of TAZ regulation and suggests a role of TAZ in modulating tissue growth and tumor development in response to PI3K signaling. ..
- Zhu X, Dong Q, Zhang X, Deng B, Jia H, Ye Q, et al. microRNA-29a suppresses cell proliferation by targeting SPARC in hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:1321-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that the expression of miR-29a is important in the regulation of the SPARC-AKT pathway and HCC growth. ..
- Chen Z, Wu C, Gu W, Klein T, Crawford R, Xiao Y. Osteogenic differentiation of bone marrow MSCs by ?-tricalcium phosphate stimulating macrophages via BMP2 signalling pathway. Biomaterials. 2014;35:1507-18 pubmed publisher..These findings provided valuable insights into the mechanism of material-stimulated osteogenesis, and a strategy to optimize the evaluation system for the in vitro osteogenesis capacity of bone substitute materials. ..
- Zhang Y, Bi Y, Yang H, Chen X, Liu H, Lu Y, et al. mTOR limits the recruitment of CD11b+Gr1+Ly6Chigh myeloid-derived suppressor cells in protecting against murine immunological hepatic injury. J Leukoc Biol. 2014;95:961-70 pubmed publisher..This study further validates the targeting of mTOR signaling as a potential therapeutic approach to IMH-related diseases. ..
- Zhang J, Weng M, Song F, Xu Y, Liu Q, Wu J, et al. Long noncoding RNA AFAP1-AS1 indicates a poor prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma and promotes cell proliferation and invasion via upregulation of the RhoA/Rac2 signaling. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:1590-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that AFAP1-AS1 may promote the HCC development through upregulation of RhoA/Rac2 signaling and provide a potential therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Li J, Chen K, Li S, Feng J, Liu T, Wang F, et al. Protective effect of fucoidan from Fucus vesiculosus on liver fibrosis via the TGF-Î²1/Smad pathway-mediated inhibition of extracellular matrix and autophagy. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2016;10:619-30 pubmed publisher..Fucoidan, as an autophagy and transforming growth factor beta 1 inhibitor, could be a promising potential therapeutic agent for liver fibrosis. ..
- Li S, Lou X, Wang J, Liu B, Ma L, Su Z, et al. Retinoid signaling can repress blastula Wnt signaling and impair dorsal development in Xenopus embryo. Differentiation. 2008;76:897-907 pubmed publisher..Our results explain one of the reasons for the complicated teratogenic effects of retinoids and shed light on the endogenous way of interactions between two developmentally important signaling pathways...
- Deng W, Shi M, Han M, Zhong J, Li Z, Li W, et al. Negative regulation of virus-triggered IFN-beta signaling pathway by alternative splicing of TBK1. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35590-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that TBK1s plays an inhibitory role in virus-triggered IFN-beta signaling pathways. ..
- Chen T, Guo J, Han C, Yang M, Cao X. Heat shock protein 70, released from heat-stressed tumor cells, initiates antitumor immunity by inducing tumor cell chemokine production and activating dendritic cells via TLR4 pathway. J Immunol. 2009;182:1449-59 pubmed
- Zhou W, Geng Z, Chi S, Zhang W, Niu X, Lan S, et al. Slit-Robo signaling induces malignant transformation through Hakai-mediated E-cadherin degradation during colorectal epithelial cell carcinogenesis. Cell Res. 2011;21:609-26 pubmed publisher..We conclude that engagement of Robo1 by Slit2 induces malignant transformation through Hakai-mediated E-cad ubiquitination and lysosomal degradation during colorectal epithelial cell carcinogenesis. ..
- Li J, Ge Y, Yang Z, Guo C, Duan T, Myatt L, et al. The Sp1 transcription factor is crucial for the expression of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 in human placental trophoblasts. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:E899-907 pubmed publisher..11?-HSD2 induction upon syncytialization is at least in part due to the increased expression of Sp1 upon activation of the cAMP pathway rather than the differential methylation of the HSD11B2 promoter. ..
- Chen T, Xu Y, Guo H, Liu Y, Hu P, Yang X, et al. Experimental therapy of ovarian cancer with synthetic makaluvamine analog: in vitro and in vivo anticancer activity and molecular mechanisms of action. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20729 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, FBA-TPQ exhibits significant anticancer activity against ovarian cancer cells, with minimal toxicity to non-tumorigenic human IOSE-144 cells, indicating that it may be a potential therapeutic agent for ovarian cancer. ..
- Li Y, Yu Y, Zhang Y, Zhou Y, Li C, Zhu J, et al. MAFIP is a tumor suppressor in cervical cancer that inhibits activation of the nuclear factor-kappa B pathway. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:2043-50 pubmed publisher..In contrast, knockdown of MAFIP by siRNA activated the NF-?B pathway and promoted cell proliferation. These data suggest MAFIP functions as a tumor suppressor in cervical cancer in part by inhibiting activation of the NF-?B pathway. ..
- Liu Q, Wen C. Arabidopsis ETR1 and ERS1 differentially repress the ethylene response in combination with other ethylene receptor genes. Plant Physiol. 2012;158:1193-207 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that plants can respond to a broad ethylene concentration range and exhibit tissue-specific ethylene responsiveness with differential cooperation of the multiple ethylene receptors. ..
- Tang L, Tan Y, Jiang B, Pan Y, Li S, Yang G, et al. The prognostic significance and therapeutic potential of hedgehog signaling in intrahepatic cholangiocellular carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:2014-24 pubmed publisher..This study shows, for the first time, activation of hedgehog pathway associated with the progression and metastasis in ICC, which may provide prognostic and therapeutic values for this tumor. ..
- Ji L, Li H, GAO P, Shang G, Zhang D, Zhang N, et al. Nrf2 pathway regulates multidrug-resistance-associated protein 1 in small cell lung cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63404 pubmed publisher..Taken together, theses data suggested that Nrf2-ARE pathway is required for the regulatory expression of Mrp1 and implicated Nrf2 as a new therapeutic target for MDR. ..
- Hong S, Yu F, Luo Y, Hagen T. Oncogenic activation of the PI3K/Akt pathway promotes cellular glucose uptake by downregulating the expression of thioredoxin-interacting protein. Cell Signal. 2016;28:377-383 pubmed publisher..This mechanism may contribute to the Warburg effect in cancer cells. ..
- Tang J, Quan Y, Zhang Y, Jiang M, Al Enizi A, Kong B, et al. Three-dimensional WS2 nanosheet networks for H2O2 produced for cell signaling. Nanoscale. 2016;8:5786-92 pubmed publisher..The combined features of 3D WS2 nanosheet networks suggest attractive new opportunities for exploring the physiological roles of reactive oxygen species like H2O2 in living systems. ..
- Chen Y, Zhou D, Zhou K, Ren Y, Dai W, Xu M, et al. Study on olfactory function in GABAC receptor/channel rho1 subunit knockout mice. Neurosci Lett. 2007;427:10-5 pubmed..Our results indicate that the GABAC rho1 subunit acts in olfactory bulb neurons as an inhibitory modulator that affects the process of olfactory signaling transmission. ..
- Yan Y, Bian W, Xie Z, Cao X, Le Roux I, Guillemot F, et al. Stat3 signaling is present and active during development of the central nervous system and eye of vertebrates. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:248-57 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the active Stat3 protein is present and might play a role during the development of the central nervous system and eye. ..
- Sun T, Wang Q, Yu Z, Zhang Y, Guo Y, Chen K, et al. Hyrtiosal, a PTP1B inhibitor from the marine sponge Hyrtios erectus, shows extensive cellular effects on PI3K/AKT activation, glucose transport, and TGFbeta/Smad2 signaling. Chembiochem. 2007;8:187-93 pubmed..Our current study is expected to supply new clues for the discovery of PTP1B inhibitors from marine natural products, while the newly identified PTP1B inhibitor hyrtiosal might serve as a potential lead compound for further research. ..
- Ding Y, Xi Y, Chen T, Wang J, Tao D, Wu Z, et al. Caprin-2 enhances canonical Wnt signaling through regulating LRP5/6 phosphorylation. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:865-72 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Caprin-2 promotes activation of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway by regulating LRP5/6 phosphorylation. ..
- Ren T, Xu L, Jiao S, Wang Y, Cai Y, Liang Y, et al. TLR9 signaling promotes tumor progression of human lung cancer cell in vivo. Pathol Oncol Res. 2009;15:623-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicated that the TLR9 signaling could promote the tumor progression of human tumor cells, which might provide novel insight into the implications for CpG based anti-tumor therapies. ..
- Li S, Dong P, Wang J, Zhang J, Gu J, Wu X, et al. Icariin, a natural flavonol glycoside, induces apoptosis in human hepatoma SMMC-7721 cells via a ROS/JNK-dependent mitochondrial pathway. Cancer Lett. 2010;298:222-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that icariin induces apoptosis through a ROS/JNK-dependent mitochondrial pathway...
- Dai L, Gu L, Di W. MiR-199a attenuates endometrial stromal cell invasiveness through suppression of the IKK?/NF-?B pathway and reduced interleukin-8 expression. Mol Hum Reprod. 2012;18:136-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-199a could be involved in the pathogenesis of endometriosis...
- Ye S, Tan L, Yang R, Fang B, Qu S, Schulze E, et al. Pleiotropy of glycogen synthase kinase-3 inhibition by CHIR99021 promotes self-renewal of embryonic stem cells from refractory mouse strains. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35892 pubmed publisher..These findings would be useful to improve the availability of normally non-permissive mouse strains as research tools. ..
- Tang C, Zhao H, Li M, Du M, Meng Y, Li D. Focal adhesion kinase signaling is necessary for the Cyclosporin A-enhanced migration and invasion of human trophoblast cells. Placenta. 2012;33:704-11 pubmed publisher..These results may help provide a rationale to develop a novel therapeutic strategy for pregnancy disorders from insufficient trophoblast invasion. ..
- Fang X, Lang Y, Wang Y, Mo W, Wei H, Xie J, et al. Shp2 activates Fyn and Ras to regulate RBL-2H3 mast cell activation following Fc?RI aggregation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40566 pubmed publisher..Shp2 regulates this process through Fyn and Ras with no involvement of PAG. In addition, we identify Paxillin as an indirect substrate of Shp2 in Fc?R?-initiated signaling of RBL cells. ..
- Wu Y, Wang J, Xu T, Liu J, Yu W, Lou Q, et al. The two-component signal transduction system ArlRS regulates Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilm formation in an ica-dependent manner. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40041 pubmed publisher..Gel shift assay showed that ArlR can bind to the promoter region of the ica operon. In conclusion, ArlRS regulates S. epidermidis biofilm formation in an ica-dependent manner, distinct from its role in S. aureus...
- Liu H, Liu Z, Chen J, Chen L, He X, Zheng R, et al. Induction of CCL8/MCP-2 by mycobacteria through the activation of TLR2/PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56815 pubmed publisher..The induction of MCP-2/CCL8 by mycobacteria is dependent on the activation of TLR2/PI3K/Akt and p38 signaling pathway. We conclude that accumulation of MCP-2/CCL8 in TB-PEs may function as a biomarker for TB diagnosis. ..
- Xu D, Yang F, Yuan J, Zhang L, Bi H, Zhou C, et al. Long noncoding RNAs associated with liver regeneration 1 accelerates hepatocyte proliferation during liver regeneration by activating Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Hepatology. 2013;58:739-51 pubmed publisher..We also identified a human ortholog RNA of lncRNA-LALR1 (lncRNA-hLALR1) and found that it was expressed in human liver tissues...
- Liu H, Qu X, Yuan F, Zhang M, Fang W. A RTK-based functional RNAi screen reveals determinants of PTX-3 expression. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:660-8 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to explore the role of receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) in the regulation of expression of PTX-3, a protector in atherosclerosis...
- Guo P, Nie Q, Lan J, Ge J, Qiu Y, Mao Q. C-Myc negatively controls the tumor suppressor PTEN by upregulating miR-26a in glioblastoma multiforme cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:186-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that c-Myc modulates genes associated with oncogenesis in GBM through deregulation of miRNAs via the c-Myc-miR-26a-PTEN signaling pathway. This may be of clinical relevance. ..
- Guo H, Liu J, Ben Q, Qu Y, Li M, Wang Y, et al. The aspirin-induced long non-coding RNA OLA1P2 blocks phosphorylated STAT3 homodimer formation. Genome Biol. 2016;17:24 pubmed publisher..The present study finds that the aspirin-FOXD3-OLA1P2-STAT3 axis exhibits exciting anticancer effects and provides new insights into the chemopreventive mechanisms underlying aspirin use. ..
- Lu Z, Wu J, Jiang W, Xiao J, Tao K, Ma L, et al. MicroRNA-155 promotes the pathogenesis of experimental colitis by repressing SHIP-1 expression. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23:976-985 pubmed publisher..MiR-155 promotes experimental colitis by repressing SHIP-1 expression. Thus, the inhibition of miR-155 might be a promising strategy for therapy. ..
- Deqiu Z, Kang L, Jiali Y, Baolin L, Gaolin L. Luteolin inhibits inflammatory response and improves insulin sensitivity in the endothelium. Biochimie. 2011;93:506-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggested that luteolin ameliorated inflammation related endothelial insulin resistance in an IKK?/IRS-1/Akt/eNOS-dependent pathway. ..
- Chen F, Qian L, Yang Z, Huang Y, Ngo S, Ruan N, et al. Rapsyn interaction with calpain stabilizes AChR clusters at the neuromuscular junction. Neuron. 2007;55:247-60 pubmed..These results demonstrate that calpain participates in ACh-induced dispersion of AChR clusters, and rapsyn stabilizes AChR clusters by suppressing calpain activity. ..
- Lian H, He S, Zhang Y, Zhu D, Zhang J, Jia K, et al. Blue-light-dependent interaction of cryptochrome 1 with SPA1 defines a dynamic signaling mechanism. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1023-8 pubmed publisher..This interaction and consequent dissociation define a dynamic photosensory signaling mechanism. ..
- Qu Z, Zhang X, Tang T, Dai K. Promotion of osteogenesis through beta-catenin signaling by desferrioxamine. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;370:332-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that desferrioxamine plays a direct role in the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by activating beta-catenin signaling cascades. ..
- Wang J, Lu R, Wang Y. Regulation of ? cleavage of amyloid precursor protein. Neurosci Bull. 2010;26:417-27 pubmed publisher..Several regulatory mechanisms of APP cleavage have been established. The present review mainly summarizes the signaling pathways pertinent to the regulation of APP ? cleavage. ..
- Zhang H, Zhang S, Zhang Q, Liu M, He X, Zou Z, et al. Rescue of cAMP response element-binding protein signaling reversed spatial memory retention impairments induced by subanesthetic dose of propofol. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2013;19:484-93 pubmed publisher..Propofol caused spatial memory retention impairments but not acquisition inability possibly by inhibiting CREB signaling. ..
- Cheng Z, Zhao J, Sun Y, Hu W, Wu Y, Cen B, et al. beta-arrestin differentially regulates the chemokine receptor CXCR4-mediated signaling and receptor internalization, and this implicates multiple interaction sites between beta-arrestin and CXCR4. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:2479-85 pubmed
- Zhang Z, Wu C, Wang S, Huang W, Zhou Z, Ying K, et al. Cloning and characterization of ARHGAP12, a novel human rhoGAP gene. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2002;34:325-31 pubmed..Reverse transcription PCR and Northern blot indicates that it ubiquitously expresses in human tissues as well as tumor cell lines, suggesting its basic roles in cells. ..
- Jiang T, Qu J, Nishinaka T, Zhang N. Transcription factor AP-1 regulates TGF-beta(1)-induced expression of aldose reductase in cultured human mesangial cells. Nephrology (Carlton). 2008;13:212-7 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that ERK and JNK are involved in the downstream signalling pathways and transcription factor AP-1 plays an important role in the regulation of TGF-beta(1)-induced AR expression in mesangial cells. ..
- Pang X, Yi T, Yi Z, Cho S, Qu W, Pinkaew D, et al. Morelloflavone, a biflavonoid, inhibits tumor angiogenesis by targeting rho GTPases and extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling pathways. Cancer Res. 2009;69:518-25 pubmed publisher..These findings are the first to reveal the novel functions of morelloflavone in tumor angiogenesis and its molecular basis for the anticancer action. ..
- He Z, Zhu Y, Jiang H. Toll-like receptor 4 mediates lipopolysaccharide-induced collagen secretion by phosphoinositide3-kinase-Akt pathway in fibroblasts during acute lung injury. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2009;29:119-25 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we infer that besides pulmonary macrophage, lung fibroblasts are also important target cells directly influenced by LPS, which may play an important role in ALI and pulmonary interstitial fibrosis. ..
- Xu Y, Wang H, Yan J, Sun X, Guo J, Zhu C. Antibody binding to cell surface amyloid precursor protein induces neuronal injury by deregulating the phosphorylation of focal adhesion signaling related proteins. Neurosci Lett. 2009;465:276-81 pubmed publisher..In addition, pretreatment with PTX and PP2 was able to suppress APP-antibody induced neuronal injury. Taken together, the results suggest a novel mechanism for APP mediating neuronal injury through deregulating FA signals. ..
- Ding J, Huang S, Wu S, Zhao Y, Liang L, Yan M, et al. Gain of miR-151 on chromosome 8q24.3 facilitates tumour cell migration and spreading through downregulating RhoGDIA. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:390-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-151 can function synergistically with FAK to enhance HCC cell motility and spreading. Thus, our findings indicate that chromosome gain of miR-151 is a crucial stimulus for tumour invasion and metastasis of HCC. ..
- Wang X, Li F, Fan C, Wang C, Ruan H. Analysis of isoform specific ERK signaling on the effects of interleukin-1? on COX-2 expression and PGE2 production in human chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:23-9 pubmed publisher..Although, inhibition of both ERK1 and ERK2 would be a more effective, each ERK isoform may sufficiently regulate these effects in human chondrocytes. ERK1 or ERK2 may be potential therapeutic target for the inflammatory process of OA. ..
- Xu J, Cao X, Long Z, Liu X, Furuya T, Xu J, et al. BCL2L10 protein regulates apoptosis/proliferation through differential pathways in gastric cancer cells. J Pathol. 2011;223:400-9 pubmed publisher..The pro-apoptotic effect of BCL2L10 and growth promotion by BCL2L10 siRNA in gastric cancer cells suggest that it may be a tumour suppressor. ..
- Wang X, Liu Y, Zhang Z, Zhou W, Ye Z, Zhang W, et al. Glucose metabolism-related protein 1 (GMRP1) regulates pancreatic beta cell proliferation and apoptosis via activation of Akt signalling pathway in rats and mice. Diabetologia. 2011;54:852-63 pubmed publisher..Decreased GMRP1 levels may participate in beta cell apoptosis of db/db mice. GMRP1 regulates pancreatic beta cell proliferation and apoptosis via activation of Akt signalling pathway. ..
- Zhu C, Qi X, Chen Y, Sun B, Dai Y, Gu Y. PI3K/Akt and MAPK/ERK1/2 signaling pathways are involved in IGF-1-induced VEGF-C upregulation in breast cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011;137:1587-94 pubmed publisher..This study identified that PI3K/Akt and MAPK/ERK1/2 signaling pathways were involved in IGF-1-induced VEGF-C up-regulation and suggested their important roles in lymphatic metastasis in breast cancer. ..