Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plasmids in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- Zou J, Wang Y, Dou F, Lu H, Ma Z, Lu P, et al. Glutamine synthetase down-regulation reduces astrocyte protection against glutamate excitotoxicity to neurons. Neurochem Int. 2010;56:577-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GS in astrocytes may represent a novel target for neuroprotection against neuronal dysfunction and death that occur in many neurological disorders. ..
- Wang J, Dong S, Liu C, Wang W, Sun S, Gu J, et al. beta-Glucan oligosaccharide enhances CD8(+) T cells immune response induced by a DNA vaccine encoding hepatitis B virus core antigen. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010;2010:645213 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that beta-glu6 can enhance the virus-specific CTL and Th1 responses induced by DNA vaccine, suggesting beta-glu6 as a candidate adjuvant in DNA vaccination. ..
- Gao Z, Chi F, Huang Y, Yang J, Cong N, Li W. Expression of Numb and Numb-like in the development of mammalian auditory sensory epithelium. Neuroreport. 2011;22:49-54 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we find overexpression of the Numb or Numb-like, in cochlear whole mount cultures, can upregulate mRNA level of Rath1, which is important in the hair-cell development...
- Guan L, Mu W, Champeimont J, Wang Q, Wu H, Xiao J, et al. Iron-regulated lysis of recombinant Escherichia coli in host releases protective antigen and confers biological containment. Infect Immun. 2011;79:2608-18 pubmed publisher..Over 80% of the vaccinated fish survived challenge with A. hydrophila LSA34, suggesting that the E. coli-based antigen delivery system has great potential in bacterial vector vaccine applications. ..
- Ai Z, Pan H, Suo T, Lv C, Wang Y, Tong S, et al. Arsenic oxide targets stem cell marker CD133/prominin-1 in gallbladder carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2011;310:181-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, As2O3 effectively targets CD133 in gallbladder carcinoma, providing a new mechanism of As2O3-induced cell apoptosis and a better understanding of drug resistance in gallbladder carcinoma. ..
- Guo J, Liu F, Sun X, Huang J, Xu M, Sun F. Bcl-2 enhances the formation of newborn striatal long-projection neurons in adult rat brain after a transient ischemic stroke. Neurosci Bull. 2012;28:669-79 pubmed publisher..This provides a potential strategy for promoting the reestablishment of neural networks and brain repair after ischemic injury. ..
- Zheng H, Tang C, Yin C. The effect of crosslinking agents on the transfection efficiency, cellular and intracellular processing of DNA/polymer nanocomplexes. Biomaterials. 2013;34:3479-88 pubmed publisher..Therefore, tailoring the composition of crosslinking agents in nanocomplexes may provide a feasible tool for improving transfection efficiency. ..
- Huang J, Khan I, Liu R, Yang Y, Zhu N. Single primer-mediated circular polymerase chain reaction for hairpin DNA cloning and plasmid editing. Anal Biochem. 2016;500:18-20 pubmed publisher..Six hairpin DNAs with short 4-nucleotide loops were successfully cloned. Moreover, SPC-PCR was also applied to plasmid editing within 3Â h with a success rate higher than 95%. ..
- Gao Y, Lin L, Zhu C, Chen Y, Hou Y, Ding J. Growth arrest induced by C75, A fatty acid synthase inhibitor, was partially modulated by p38 MAPK but not by p53 in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:978-85 pubmed..Collectively, it was p38 MAPK but not p53 involved in C75-mediated tumor cell growth arrest in HCC cells. ..
- Cao F, Zhou T, Simpson D, Zhou Y, Boyer J, Chen B, et al. p53-Dependent but ATM-independent inhibition of DNA synthesis and G2 arrest in cadmium-treated human fibroblasts. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2007;218:174-85 pubmed..Cadmium produced a very unusual pattern of toxicity in human fibroblasts, inhibiting DNA replication and inducing p53-dependent growth arrest but without induction of p21(Cip1/Waf1) or activation of Chk1. ..
- Zhang R, Yan P, Zhou C, Liao J, Wang M. Development of a homogeneous calcium mobilization assay for high throughput screening of mas-related gene receptor agonists. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:125-31 pubmed..Its application may be expanded to other G-protein coupled receptors that mobilize calcium influx upon activation. ..
- Mei J, Gao Y, Zhang L, Cai X, Qian Z, Huang H, et al. VEGF-siRNA silencing induces apoptosis, inhibits proliferation and suppresses vasculogenic mimicry in osteosarcoma in vitro. Exp Oncol. 2008;30:29-34 pubmed..Inhibition of VEGF expression by sequence-specific siRNA may become a novel approach for the treatment of VEGF-enriched neoplasma such as osteosarcoma. ..
- Liu Y, Zhang B, Cao Q, Huang W, Shen L, Qin X. Two clinical strains of Klebsiella pneumoniae carrying plasmid-borne blaIMP-4, blaSHV-12, and armA isolated at a Pediatric Center in Shanghai, China. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:1642-4 pubmed publisher..The integron-borne bla(IMP-4) and armA contained intervening sequences highly related to those of a Vibrio cholerae O139 plasmid found in Hangzhou, China...
- Wang Q, Yang M, Xiao J, Wu H, Wang X, Lv Y, et al. Genome sequence of the versatile fish pathogen Edwardsiella tarda provides insights into its adaptation to broad host ranges and intracellular niches. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7646 pubmed publisher..Here we describe the complete genome of E. tarda, EIB202, a highly virulent and multi-drug resistant isolate in China...
- Chen H, Fu Z, Chen L, Qiu C, Fu G, Li Y, et al. [Immune protection of tegument protein rSj29 against Schistosoma japonicum in mice]. Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi. 2009;27:476-82 pubmed..japonicum. mRNA level of Sj29 was the highest at the 32nd day post-infection. The recombinant protein rSj29 induces certain degree of protective immunity in mice. ..
- Cong W, Cui S, Chen J, Zuo X, Lu Y, Yan W, et al. Construction of a multiple targeting RNAi plasmid that inhibits target gene expression and FMDV replication in BHK-21 cells and suckling mice. Vet Res Commun. 2010;34:335-46 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, subcutaneous injection of pCWN11 in the neck made suckling mice significantly less susceptible to FMDV serotype O and Asia I. ..
- Li J, Gao J, Yan D, Yuan Y, Sah S, Satyal U, et al. Neutralization of chemokine CXCL14 (BRAK) expression reduces CCl4 induced liver injury and steatosis in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;671:120-7 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the antibody treatment reduced the mouse mortality caused by CCl4-induced liver failure (P<0.05). The data suggest that CXCL14 and its receptor present potential targets for the treatment of liver diseases. ..
- Zhang X, Bao Y, Shi X, Ou X, Zhou P, Ding X. Efficient transposition of IS204-derived plasmids in Streptomyces coelicolor. J Microbiol Methods. 2012;88:67-72 pubmed publisher..The correlation between novel mutant phenotypes and previously uncharacterized genes was established and these transposon locations were widely scattered around the genome. ..
- Ge Y, Zhang J, Cao J, Wu Q, Sun L, Guo L, et al. TFF1 inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis of gastric cancer cells in vitro. Bosn J Basic Med Sci. 2012;12:74-81 pubmed..Over-expression of TFF1 could promote apoptosis of three cell lines and inhibit proliferation but had no pronounced effect on cell cycle. TFF1 can inhibit proliferation and induce apoptosis of GC cells in vitro. ..
- Shi L, Li S, Shen F, Li H, Qian S, Lee D, et al. Characterization of nucleosome positioning in hepadnaviral covalently closed circular DNA minichromosomes. J Virol. 2012;86:10059-69 pubmed publisher..This study supplies the initial framework for the understanding of the overall complete structure of hepadnaviral cccDNA minichromosomes. ..
- Fu Y, Chen Z, Li C, Liu G. Protective immune responses in ducklings induced by a suicidal DNA vaccine of the VP1 gene of duck hepatitis virus type 1. Vet Microbiol. 2012;160:314-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, all the ducklings were protected against challenge with wild DHV-1. In conclusion, we demonstrate that the suicidal DNA vaccine is a promising vaccine candidate facilitating the prevention of duck hepatitis caused by DHV-1. ..
- Li S, Qi Y, Zhao J, Li Y, Liu X, Chen X, et al. Characterization of nuclear localization signals (NLSs) and function of NLSs and phosphorylation of serine residues in subcellular and subnuclear localization of transformer-2? (Tra2?). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8898-909 pubmed publisher..The function of the signals did not depend on the presence of serine residues. The results provide new insight into the mechanisms by which the subcellular and subnuclear localization of Tra2? proteins are regulated. ..
- Xue J, Xu G, Gu T, Chen G, Han B, Xu Z, et al. Uracil-DNA Glycosylase UNG Promotes Tet-mediated DNA Demethylation. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:731-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, deficiency in Ung partially impaired DNA demethylation in mouse zygotes. Our results suggest that UNG might be involved in Tet-mediated DNA demethylation. ..
- Huang H, Hu L, Yu W, Li H, Tao F, Xie H, et al. Heterologous overproduction of 2[4Fe4S]- and [2Fe2S]-type clostridial ferredoxins and [2Fe2S]-type agrobacterial ferredoxin. Protein Expr Purif. 2016;121:1-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we successfully developed a convenient method for heterologous overproduction of the three kinds of ferredoxins with satisfactory yields and activities, which would be very helpful for the ferredoxin-related researches. ..
- Chen C, Kao A, Tsai Z, Chow T, Chang H, Zhao X, et al. Expression of type 2 diacylglycerol acyltransferse gene DGTT1 from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii enhances lipid production in Scenedesmus obliquus. Biotechnol J. 2016;11:336-44 pubmed publisher..obliquus strain for the desired purpose. This is the first report that genetic engineering of S. obliquus has been successful employed to improve both the microalgal cell growth and the lipid production. ..
- Sun Y, Cheng Z, Ma L, Pei G. Beta-arrestin2 is critically involved in CXCR4-mediated chemotaxis, and this is mediated by its enhancement of p38 MAPK activation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49212-9 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Li J, Guo X, Wu C, Bi B, Ren S, et al. Characterization of a novel toxin-antitoxin module, VapBC, encoded by Leptospira interrogans chromosome. Cell Res. 2004;14:208-16 pubmed
- Zhang X, Xu L, Wang Z, Wang K, Li N, Cheng Z, et al. ING4 induces G2/M cell cycle arrest and enhances the chemosensitivity to DNA-damage agents in HepG2 cells. FEBS Lett. 2004;570:7-12 pubmed
- An H, Xu H, Zhang M, Zhou J, Feng T, Qian C, et al. Src homology 2 domain-containing inositol-5-phosphatase 1 (SHIP1) negatively regulates TLR4-mediated LPS response primarily through a phosphatase activity- and PI-3K-independent mechanism. Blood. 2005;105:4685-92 pubmed
- Zhu D, He X, Zhou X, Deng Z. Expression of the melC operon in several Streptomyces strains is positively regulated by AdpA, an AraC family transcriptional regulator involved in morphological development in Streptomyces coelicolor. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:3180-7 pubmed..Thus, we concluded that the melC operon is under general direct positive control by AdpA family proteins, perhaps at the transcriptional level and certainly at the translational level via bldA, in Streptomyces. ..
- Chen Y, Yang C, Li R, Zeng R, Zhou J. Def1p is involved in telomere maintenance in budding yeast. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24784-91 pubmed..Our novel findings of the functions of Def1p in telomere and mitochondria suggested that Def1p plays multiple roles in yeast. ..
- Zhao K, Li D, Zhao Q, Huang Y, Silverman R, Sims P, et al. Interferon-alpha-induced expression of phospholipid scramblase 1 through STAT1 requires the sequential activation of protein kinase Cdelta and JNK. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42707-14 pubmed..In conclusion, our results suggest that the induction of PLSCR1 transcription through STAT1 depends upon sequential activation of PKCdelta and JNK. ..
- Su L, Zhang J, Xu H, Wang Y, Chu Y, Liu R, et al. Differential expression of CXCR4 is associated with the metastatic potential of human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:8273-80 pubmed
- Xu X, Yu W, Cui Z, Wang X, Li Q, Wu F, et al. [Construction and analysis of in vitro expression of adenovirus/adeno-associated hybrid virus containing the fusion gene of human beta-endorphin]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2005;45:856-9 pubmed..The titer of Ad/AAV-EE is 1.29 x 10(10) PFU/mL after purification. The ascending trend of transgene expression was observed from the 1st to the 14th day, and the protein concentration reached 3141 pg/mL at the 14th day. ..
- Guo C, Zhu X, Ni X, Yang Z, Myatt L, Sun K. Expression of progesterone receptor A form and its role in the interaction of progesterone with cortisol on cyclooxygenase-2 expression in amnionic fibroblasts. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:5085-92 pubmed publisher..These inhibitory actions of progesterone and PRA on glucocorticoids and GR may partly explain the inconsistent effects of glucocorticoids on parturition in humans. ..
- Li M, Wu J, Lin J, Wei D. Expression of Vitreoscilla hemoglobin enhances cell growth and dihydroxyacetone production in Gluconobacter oxydans. Curr Microbiol. 2010;61:370-5 pubmed publisher..36% more DHA production than those of VHb-free strain (VHb(-)) after 32 h fermentation in bioreactors. In addition, oxygen uptake rate (OUR) was also increased in VHb(+) strain relative to the control strain during fermentation processes...
- Zhang P, Zhang W, Zhou X, Bai P, Cregg J, Zhang Y. Catabolite repression of Aox in Pichia pastoris is dependent on hexose transporter PpHxt1 and pexophagy. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:6108-18 pubmed publisher..The functional analysis of these two hexose transporters is the first step in elucidating the mechanisms of sugar metabolism and catabolite repression in P. pastoris. ..
- Wu J, Ma H, Qu Q, Zhou W, Luo Y, Thangaraj H, et al. Incorporation of immunostimulatory motifs in the transcribed region of a plasmid DNA vaccine enhances Th1 immune responses and therapeutic effect against Mycobacterium tuberculosis in mice. Vaccine. 2011;29:7624-30 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DNA vaccines may be made more highly immunogenic and more effective for treatment by including transcribed stimulatory sequences. ..
- Ai J, Tang Q, Wu Y, Xu Y, Feng T, Zhou R, et al. The role of polymeric immunoglobulin receptor in inflammation-induced tumor metastasis of human hepatocellular carcinoma. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2011;103:1696-712 pubmed publisher..Our results identify pIgR as a potential link between hepatitis B virus-derived hepatitis and HCC metastasis and provide evidence in support of pIgR as a prognostic biomarker for HCC and a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Zhang Q, Huang Y, Zhang Y, Fang X, Claës A, Duchateau M, et al. A critical role of perinuclear filamentous actin in spatial repositioning and mutually exclusive expression of virulence genes in malaria parasites. Cell Host Microbe. 2011;10:451-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, actin polymerization relocates var genes from a repressive to an active perinuclear compartment, which is crucial for P. falciparium phenotypic variation and pathogenesis. ..
- Wang Y, Su J, Wu F, Lu P, Yuan L, Yuan W, et al. Biscarbamate cross-linked polyethylenimine derivative with low molecular weight, low cytotoxicity, and high efficiency for gene delivery. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:693-704 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results indicated that the PEI-Et would be a promising candidate for safe and efficient gene delivery in gene therapy. ..
- Wu S, Ma L, Wu Y, Zeng R, Zhu X. Nudel is crucial for the WAVE complex assembly in vivo by selectively promoting subcomplex stability and formation through direct interactions. Cell Res. 2012;22:1270-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Nudel is important for the early steps of the WRC assembly in vivo by antagonizing the instability of certain WRC subunits and subcomplexes. ..
- Lv M, Chao D, Shan J, Zhu M, Shi M, Gao J, et al. Rice carotenoid ?-ring hydroxylase CYP97A4 is involved in lutein biosynthesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:987-1002 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study demonstrated the important role of CYP97A4 in ?-carotene hydroxylation in rice, and knock-out of the gene reduced lutein and increased ?-carotene, contributing to sensitivity to intense light. ..
- Yao Y, Tang H, Ren H, Yu H, Wang L, Xu P. Genome sequence of a nicotine-degrading strain of Arthrobacter. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:5714-5 pubmed..Nicotine catabolism genes of the nicotine-degrading plasmid pAO1 were predicted, but plasmid function genes were not found. These results will help to better illustrate the molecular mechanism of nicotine degradation by Arthrobacter. ..
- Wang S, Wang J, Sun Y, Song Q, Li S. PKC-mediated USP phosphorylation at Ser35 modulates 20-hydroxyecdysone signaling in Drosophila. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:6187-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that PKC-mediated USP phosphorylation at Ser35 modulates 20E signaling in Drosophila. ..
- Tian M, Qu J, Bao Y, Gao J, Liu J, Wang S, et al. Construction of pTM series plasmids for gene expression in Brucella species. J Microbiol Methods. 2016;123:18-23 pubmed publisher..The constructed pTM series plasmids will play an important role in the functional investigation of Brucella spp. ..
- Sun Y, Zhou X, Liu J, Bao K, Zhang G, Tu G, et al. 'Streptomyces nanchangensis', a producer of the insecticidal polyether antibiotic nanchangmycin and the antiparasitic macrolide meilingmycin, contains multiple polyketide gene clusters. Microbiology. 2002;148:361-71 pubmed
- Yao J, Pang Y, Qi H, Wan B, Zhao X, Kong W, et al. Transgenic tobacco expressing Pinellia ternata agglutinin confers enhanced resistance to aphids. Transgenic Res. 2003;12:715-22 pubmed..Our study indicates that the pta gene can be used as a supplement to the snowdrop (Galanthus nivalis) lectin gene (gna) in the control of aphids, a sap-sucking insect pest causing significant yield losses of crops. ..
- Zhang Y, Guo Y, Sun S, Yan H, He Y. Non-fusion expression in Escherichia coli, purification, and characterization of a novel Ca2+- and phospholipid-binding protein annexin B1. Protein Expr Purif. 2004;34:68-74 pubmed..The expression, purification, and initial characterization of annexin B1 set an important stage for further characterization of the protein...
- Xie X, Wang Z, Chen Y. Association of LKB1 with a WD-repeat protein WDR6 is implicated in cell growth arrest and p27(Kip1) induction. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;301:115-22 pubmed..Collectively, these results provided initial evidence that WDR6 is implicated in the cell growth inhibitory pathway of LKB1 via regulation of p27(Kip1). ..
- Lv D, Meng D, Zou F, Fan L, Zhang P, Yu Y, et al. Activating transcription factor 3 regulates survivability and migration of vascular smooth muscle cells. IUBMB Life. 2011;63:62-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that the expression of ATF3 was upregulated in smooth muscle cells in the injured mouse femoral arteries compared with the uninjured control group. These results suggest that ATF3 is relevant to disease physiology. ..
- Wang Y, Su J, Cai W, Lu P, Yuan L, Jin T, et al. Hepatocyte-targeting gene transfer mediated by galactosylated poly(ethylene glycol)-graft-polyethylenimine derivative. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2013;7:211-21 pubmed publisher..To sum up, our results indicated that GPE might carry great potential in safe and efficient hepatocyte-targeting gene delivery. ..
- Wei Y, Deng P, Mohsin A, Yang Y, Zhou H, Guo M, et al. An electroporation-free method based on Red recombineering for markerless deletion and genomic replacement in the Escherichia coli DH1 genome. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186891 pubmed publisher..The lycopene production level varied approximately by 5- and 10-fold, corresponding to the integrated position and expression direction, respectively, in the E. coli chromosome...
- Wang W, Zhao H, Kang E, Chen Y, Ni C, Zhang S, et al. Patterns of expression and function of the p75(NGFR) protein in pancreatic cancer cells and tumours. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2009;35:826-32 pubmed publisher..01). Our findings indicate that p75(NGFR) expression may be involved in the perineural invasion of pancreatic cancer cells, and the mechanism might be through mediating the chemoattraction of cancer cells for neural tissues. ..
- Zhi X, Liu Q, Zhang X, Zhang Y, Feng J, Cui D. Quick genotyping detection of HBV by giant magnetoresistive biochip combined with PCR and line probe assay. Lab Chip. 2012;12:741-5 pubmed publisher..The novel method has great potential application in clinical HBV genotyping diagnosis, and can be easily extended to other biomedical applications based on molecular recognition. ..
- Zou J, Mi L, Yu X, Dong J. Interaction of 14-3-3? with KCMF1 suppresses the proliferation and colony formation of human colon cancer stem cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:3770-80 pubmed publisher..Genes of the proteins that interacted with 14-3-3? were successfully screened from a HeLa cDNA library. KCMF1 and 14-3-3? protein may affect the proliferation and colony formation of human colon cancer stem cells. ..
- Li J, Xiang B, Su W, Zhang X, Huang Y, Ma L. Agonist-induced formation of opioid receptor-G protein-coupled receptor kinase (GRK)-G beta gamma complex on membrane is required for GRK2 function in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30219-26 pubmed
- Zhu Y, Cai X, Wang Z, Hong M. An interaction between a MYC protein and an EREBP protein is involved in transcriptional regulation of the rice Wx gene. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47803-11 pubmed..These results suggest that the OsBP-5 and OsEBP-89 proteins act synergistically, perhaps as a heterodimer, to regulate the transcription of the rice Wx gene. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang P, Jiang T, Zhao J, Zhang N. Role of aldose reductase in TGF-beta1-induced fibronectin synthesis in human mesangial cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:2735-42 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that AR could mediate the TGF-beta1-induced FN production, which may associate with AP-1 activation. ..
- Gu J, Wang X, Jiang X, Chen Y, Chen L, Fang X, et al. Self-assembled carboxymethyl poly (L-histidine) coated poly (?-amino ester)/DNA complexes for gene transfection. Biomaterials. 2012;33:644-58 pubmed publisher..Our approach and the gene delivery system fabrication could potentially be useful for effective gene delivery and therapies to targeted cells. ..
- Xu R, Xin L, Zhang J, Li Z, Gan R. [Restin expressed in vivo suppresses the growth of tumors in nude mice]. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:571-5 pubmed..At the same time, this report provided a new method to investigate the effect of anti-angiogenetic proteins on the tumor growth. ..
- Zhang L, Ding R, Chai Y, Bonfill M, Moyano E, Oksman Caldentey K, et al. Engineering tropane biosynthetic pathway in Hyoscyamus niger hairy root cultures. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:6786-91 pubmed..niger whereas the functioning of the upstream enzyme PMT is increased proportionally. This study provides an effective approach for large-scale commercial production of scopolamine by using hairy root culture systems as bioreactors...
- Gong M, Lu Z, Fang G, Bi J, Xue X. A small interfering RNA targeting osteopontin as gastric cancer therapeutics. Cancer Lett. 2008;272:148-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study demonstrated that down-regulation of OPN could suppress the growth, migration and invasion of gastric cancer cells, and OPN siRNA may offer a new potential gene therapy approach for human gastric cancer in future. ..
- He S, Zhang Z, Guan J, Liu H, Zhao B, Wang H, et al. Facilitation of ?-opioid receptor activity by preventing ?-opioid receptor-mediated codegradation. Neuron. 2011;69:120-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, dissociation of MORs from DORs in the cell membrane is a potential strategy to improve opioid analgesic therapies. ..
- Li Y, Pan Y, She Q, Chen L. A novel carboxyl-terminal protease derived from Paenibacillus lautus CHN26 exhibiting high activities at multiple sites of substrates. BMC Biotechnol. 2013;13:89 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated that CtpAp is a novel endopeptidase with distinct cleavage specificities, showing a strong potential in biotechnology and industry applications. ..
- Zhang J, Yu L, Fu Q, Gao J, Xie Y, Chen J, et al. Mouse phosphoglycerate mutase M and B isozymes: cDNA cloning, enzyme activity assay and mapping. Gene. 2001;264:273-9 pubmed..The partial genomic sequence of Pgam2 was determined, which showed that mouse Pgam2 consisted at least three exons and two introns. In addition, a pseudogene of Pgam1, Pgam1-ps1, was identified from mouse genomic sequence. ..
- Yin X, Chen S, Yan J, Hu Y, Gu J. Identification of interaction between MEK2 and A-Raf-1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1589:71-6 pubmed..This interaction was confirmed by in vitro binding assay. Further investigation indicates that regions critical for this interaction were located between residues 255 and 606 that represent the kinase domain of A-Raf. ..
- Wu L, Fan J, Jiang L, Wang H, Song R, Zhang Q, et al. A specific cis-hairpin ribozyme facilitates infection of a TMV-based DNA vector in tobacco protoplasts. J Virol Methods. 2003;111:101-9 pubmed..Therefore, the cis-hairpin ribozyme described here may improve TMV-based vectors in the expression of foreign protein in plants. ..
- Li D, Wang H, Li L, Zhao X, Wang M, Zhu Y, et al. Gene fusion of molecular adjuvant C3d to hCGbeta enhances the anti-hCGbeta antibody response in DNA immunization. J Reprod Immunol. 2003;60:129-41 pubmed..The C3d3 molecular adjuvant can enhance significantly the immunogenecity of hCGbeta antigen in DNA immunization. ..
- Liu Q, Yao X, Pi L, Wang H, Cui X, Huang H. The ARGONAUTE10 gene modulates shoot apical meristem maintenance and establishment of leaf polarity by repressing miR165/166 in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;58:27-40 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AGO10 and RDR6/AGO7 may act in parallel in modulating accumulation of miR165/166 for normal plant development. ..
- Zhou Y, Zheng H, Gao F, Tian D, Yuan S. Mutational analysis of the SDD sequence motif of a PRRSV RNA-dependent RNA polymerase. Sci China Life Sci. 2011;54:870-9 pubmed publisher..Our studies support the idea that the two aspartate residues of the SDD motif are critical and essential for PRRSV transcription and represent a sequence variant of the GDD motif in PS RNA viruses. ..
- Zhang X, Wu M, Zhang W, Shen J, Liu H. Differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells induced by recombinantly expressed fibroblast growth factor 10 in vitro and in vivo. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2010;46:60-71 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrated that FGF10 can promote the adipogenesis effect in situ, and the autotransplantation of a carrier continuously secreting FGF10 may be utilized for increasing local subcutaneous adipose tissue in cosmetology. ..
- Huang C, Lan W, Wang F, Zhang C, Liu X, Chen Q. Establishment of a Human Breast Cancer Model by Fusion PCR for In Vivo and In Vitro Fluorescence Imaging of Human Breast Cancer. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:50-57 pubmed publisher..Indices of fluorescence imaging can be applied to fluorescence imaging in vitro and in vivo, providing a straightforward and reliable system for breast cancer and drug discovery research. ..
- Yang Y, Liu W, Zou W, Wang H, Zong H, Jiang J, et al. Ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis of trihydrophobin 1 (TH1) by the human papilloma virus E6-associated protein (E6-AP). J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:167-80 pubmed..The degradation is blocked by treatment with proteasome inhibitor MG132. Herein, we provide strong evidence that TH1 is a specific substrate that is targeted for degradation through E6-AP-catalyzed polyubiquitination. ..
- Mo W, Zhang Y, Chen H, Wang L, Song H. A novel hirudin derivative characterized with anti-platelet aggregations and thrombin inhibition. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2009;28:230-7 pubmed publisher..r-RGD-hirudin can potentially be used as a novel anti-coagulant for the prevention of thrombosis after carotid artery anastomosis or in other thrombotic events. ..
- Jiang Z, Fan Q, Zhang Z, Zou Y, Cai R, Wang Q, et al. SENP1 deficiency promotes ER stress-induced apoptosis by increasing XBP1 SUMOylation. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:1118-22 pubmed publisher..Moreover, SENP1 deficiency significantly increases ER stress-induced apoptosis through accumulating XBP1 SUMOylation. These results reveal an essential function of SENP1 in ER stress response through regulating XBP1 SUMOylation. ..
- Dai F, Yu L, He H, Chen Y, Yu J, Yang Y, et al. Human serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase-like kinase (SGKL) phosphorylates glycogen syntheses kinase 3 beta (GSK-3beta) at serine-9 through direct interaction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1191-6 pubmed..The present results provide strong evidences that SGKL could utilize GSK-3beta as a direct downstream target by phosphorylating GSK-3beta at serine-9. ..
- Shang L, Fan C, Jin R, Liu D, Wang J, Yin J, et al. [Knockout of tyrR gene in Escherichia coli and its effects on the phenylalanine biosynthesis]. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2003;35:728-33 pubmed..The repression on the transcription of aroP, encoding an aromatic amino acid permease, was eliminated, resulting in a 70.2% increase of the aromatic amino acid transportation in tyrR- mutant strain. ..
- Huang X, Ge Y, Zhang X, Xu Y. [Transcriptional repression of pltZ on pyoluteorin ABC transporter of Pseudomonas sp. M18]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2005;45:344-8 pubmed..These results suggested that pltZ can repress transcription of Plt ABC transporter, and it can indirectly regulate Plt biosynthesis negatively through the Plt ABC transporter system...
- Zhao D, Ding Z, Liu Y, Huang Z. Overexpression and purification of single zinc finger peptides of human zinc finger protein ZNF191. Protein Expr Purif. 2007;53:232-7 pubmed..Circular dichroism spectra of these two single zinc finger peptides titrated with Zn(2+) ions demonstrate that they have different secondary structures. ..
- Zhou W, Cheng Y, Yap A, Chateigner Boutin A, Delannoy E, Hammani K, et al. The Arabidopsis gene YS1 encoding a DYW protein is required for editing of rpoB transcripts and the rapid development of chloroplasts during early growth. Plant J. 2009;58:82-96 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the activity of PEP containing RpoB translated from unedited transcripts is insufficient to support rapid chloroplast differentiation. ..
- Jing C, Chen Y, Dong M, Peng X, Jia X, Gao L, et al. Phospholipase C gamma-1 is required for granulocyte maturation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;374:24-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that plcg1 functioned specifically in zebrafish ICM granulopoiesis for the first time. Our studies suggest that specific pathways regulate the differentiation of the hematopoietic lineages. ..
- Qian Y, Zha Y, Feng B, Pang Z, Zhang B, Sun X, et al. PEGylated poly(2-(dimethylamino) ethyl methacrylate)/DNA polyplex micelles decorated with phage-displayed TGN peptide for brain-targeted gene delivery. Biomaterials. 2013;34:2117-29 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the results demonstrate that the TGN-decorated PEG-PDMAEMA developed in this study could be utilized as a potential vehicle for gene delivery to the brain. ..
- Shi B, Hu P, Geng F, He P, Wu X. Gal3ST-2 involved in tumor metastasis process by regulation of adhesion ability to selectins and expression of integrins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:934-40 pubmed..These results suggested that Gal3ST-2 was involved in tumor metastasis process by regulation of adhesion ability to selectins and expression of integrins. ..
- He X, Li Z, Zhu R, Tu Z, Gao J, Pan X, et al. Effects of recombinant human canstatin protein in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:6652-7 pubmed