Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Publications416 found, 100 shown here
- Cui Y, Jia Q, Yin Q, Lin G, Kong M, Yang Z. The GDC1 gene encodes a novel ankyrin domain-containing protein that is essential for grana formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:130-41 pubmed publisher..This shows that GDC1 may play an indirect role in LHCII trimerization during grana formation. ..
- Shi Y, Li Y, Li Y. Large number of phosphotransferase genes in the Clostridium beijerinckii NCIMB 8052 genome and the study on their evolution. BMC Bioinformatics. 2010;11 Suppl 11:S9 pubmed publisher..It has been shown that Phosphotransferase (PTS) is an important and common system for both carbohydrate uptake and phosphorylation in bacteria, but detailed study of the system, especially its fructose/mannose/sorbose family is scant...
- Ren W, Zhao L, Zhang L, Wang Y, Cui L, Tang Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of 4-hydroxyphenylpyruvate dioxygenase gene from Lactuca sativa. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:1076-83 pubmed publisher..A decrease in chlorophyll content and inhibition of photosystem II were observed during stress treatments and agroinfiltration. ..
- Xu X, Liu R, Wan B, Xing W, Huang J, Han Z. Expression of a novel gene FAM43B repressing cell proliferation is regulated by DNA methylation in hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;354:11-20 pubmed publisher..The collective data suggest that the expression of FAM43B was regulated by methylation and the epigenetic silencing of FAM43B could contribute to HCC tumorigenesis by regulating cell proliferation. ..
- Liu T, You D, Valenzano C, Sun Y, Li J, Yu Q, et al. Identification of NanE as the thioesterase for polyether chain release in nanchangmycin biosynthesis. Chem Biol. 2006;13:945-55 pubmed..We could thus conclude that NanE is a dedicated thioesterase mediating the specific release of the polyether chain during nanchangmycin biosynthesis. ..
- Yan D, Zhou Y, Ye S, Zeng L, Zhang X, He Z. Beak-shaped grain 1/TRIANGULAR HULL 1, a DUF640 gene, is associated with grain shape, size and weight in rice. Sci China Life Sci. 2013;56:275-83 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that BSG1 determines grain shape and size probably by modifying cell division and expansion in the grain hull. ..
- Zheng X, Zhou T, Wan T, Perdices A, Yang J, Tang X, et al. Huangshan population of Chinese Zacco platypus (Teleostei, Cyprinidae) harbors diverse matrilines and high genetic diversity. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2016;37:103-9 pubmed publisher..The Huangshan population had the greatest genetic variation among all sampled regions and hosted six of the ten matrilines. Our results highlight the significance of the Huangshan area for the conservation of Zacco platypus. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang Z, Zhang L, Cao Y, Huang D, Tang K. Molecular cloning and stress-dependent regulation of potassium channel gene in Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa ssp. Pekinensis). J Plant Physiol. 2006;163:968-78 pubmed publisher..KCT2 was cloned for the first time from the genus Brassica. Expression analysis indicated that in the early stage of plant adaption to stress conditions KCT2 is up-regulated, which results in a stimulation of potassium transport...
- Jiang C, Xu J, Zhang H, Zhang X, Shi J, Li M, et al. A cytosolic class I small heat shock protein, RcHSP17.8, of Rosa chinensis confers resistance to a variety of stresses to Escherichia coli, yeast and Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Environ. 2009;32:1046-59 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that R. chinensis cytosolic class I sHSP (RcHSP17.8) has the ability to confer stress resistance not only to E. coli and yeast but also to plants grown under a wide variety of unfavorable environmental conditions...
- Liu Y, Wan J, Han S, Zhang S, Luo G. Selective conversion of carbon monoxide to hydrogen by anaerobic mixed culture. Bioresour Technol. 2016;202:1-7 pubmed publisher..Microbial community analysis showed that high abundance (44%) of unclassified sequences and low relative abundance (1%) of known CO-utilizing bacteria Desulfotomaculum were enriched in the reactor. ..
- Yang W, Zou S, He M, Fei C, Luo W, Zheng S, et al. Growth and lipid accumulation in three Chlorella strains from different regions in response to diurnal temperature fluctuations. Bioresour Technol. 2016;202:15-24 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the three Chlorella strains could be promising biodiesel feedstock for outdoor cultivation by the cultural mode of diurnal temperature fluctuations. ..
- Han Z, Zhang Q, Ye M, Kan L, Gu B, He K, et al. Molecular cloning of six novel Krüppel-like zinc finger genes from hematopoietic cells and identification of a novel transregulatory domain KRNB. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:35741-8 pubmed..The results indicated that ZNF255 might be a conditional transactivator, whereas ZNF253 and ZNF191 displayed a suppressive effect on the transcription in yeast and/or mammalian systems. ..
- Zhang Y, Geng Y, Bi B, He J, Wu C, Guo X, et al. Identification and classification of all potential hemolysin encoding genes and their products from Leptospira interrogans serogroup Icterohae-morrhagiae serovar Lai. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2005;26:453-61 pubmed..To identify and classify all potential hemolysin candidates of Leptospira interrogans serogroup Icterohaemorrhagiae serovar Lai...
- Li X, Wang J, Li W, Xu Y, Shao D, Xie Y, et al. Characterization of ppGalNAc-T18, a member of the vertebrate-specific Y subfamily of UDP-N-acetyl-?-D-galactosamine:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferases. Glycobiology. 2012;22:602-15 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the new Y subfamily of ppGalNAc-Ts plays an important role in protein glycosylation; characterizing their functions will provide new insight into the role of ppGalNAc-Ts. ..
- Gu X, Zou Y, Su Z, Huang W, Zhou Z, Arendsee Z, et al. An update of DIVERGE software for functional divergence analysis of protein family. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:1713-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, we have made efforts to improve software design and produce a well-written software manual for the general user. ..
- Zuo G, Xu Z, Yu H, Hao B. Jackknife and bootstrap tests of the composition vector trees. Genomics Proteomics Bioinformatics. 2010;8:262-7 pubmed publisher..Agreement with taxonomy should be taken as a major criterion to estimate prokaryotic phylogenetic trees. ..
- Hou Y, Yue X, Cai X, Wang S, Liu Y, Yuan C, et al. Complete genome of transmissible gastroenteritis virus AYU strain isolated in Shanghai, China. J Virol. 2012;86:11935 pubmed publisher..Sequence analysis suggested that Shanghai strain AYU and U.S. strain Purdue P115 are derived from a common ancestor, as they have 99.6% similarity at the nucleotide level. ..
- Liu Q, Meli M, Zhang Y, Meili T, Stirn M, Riond B, et al. Sequence heterogeneity in the 18S rRNA gene in Theileria equi from horses presented in Switzerland. Vet Parasitol. 2016;221:24-9 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should be aware of the possibility of equine piroplasma infections outside of endemic areas and in horses without signs of piroplasmosis. ..
- Zhou J, Liu D, Sa Z, Huang W, Zou Y, Gu X. Effective estimation of the minimum number of amino acid residues required for functional divergence between duplicate genes. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2017;113:126-138 pubmed publisher..Finally, we established a database, DIVERGE-D, as a public resource for the predicted NE sites between two paralogs in this study, which can be used as candidates for further biological engineering and experimentation. ..
- Lin J, Zhou X, Fei J, Liao Z, Jin W, Sun X, et al. Genomic cloning and characterization of a PPA gene encoding a mannose-binding lectin from Pinellia pedatisecta. Biocell. 2006;30:15-25 pubmed
- Shen H, Cao K, Wang X. AtbZIP16 and AtbZIP68, two new members of GBFs, can interact with other G group bZIPs in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMB Rep. 2008;41:132-8 pubmed..These results indicated that AtbZIP16 and AtbZIP68 were two new members of GBFs. In Arabidopsis, AtbZIP16 and AtbZIP68 may also participate in light-responsive process in which GBF1-3 are involved. ..
- Guo J, Chen L, Chen S, Liu X, Saiyin H, Deng Q, et al. Isolation, expression pattern of a novel human RAB gene RAB41 and characterization of its intronless homolog RAB41P. DNA Seq. 2003;14:431-5 pubmed..2. Flanking the pseudogene RAB41P in human genome, there exist some transposable elements LINEs--L1, whose contribution in the generation of this intronless homolog is discussed. ..
- Shan T, Wang C, Cui L, Yu Y, Delwart E, Zhao W, et al. Picornavirus salivirus/klassevirus in children with diarrhea, China. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:1303-5 pubmed publisher..The nearly full polyprotein of 1 isolate, SH1, showed 95% identity with a salivirus from Nigeria, indicating widespread distribution and association with diarrhea. ..
- Zhang C, Fan K, Zhang W, Zhu R, Zhang L, Wei D. Structure-based characterization of canine-human chimeric uricases and its evolutionary implications. Biochimie. 2012;94:1412-20 pubmed publisher..The loss of hominoid uricase should be caused by progressive multistep mutations rather than a single mutation event. ..
- Zheng H, Wang H, Yang H, Wu J, Shi B, Cai R, et al. Genetic diversity and molecular evolution of Chinese waxy maize germplasm. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66606 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that an agronomic trait can be quickly improved to meet production demand by selection. ..
- Hong Y, Chen Z, Zhang B, Zhai Q. Isolation of Photobacterium sp. LuB-1 and its application in rapid assays for chemical toxicants in water. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2010;51:308-12 pubmed publisher..Because of its good sensitivity in a wide range of salt concentration, the strain LuB-1 should have its unique advantage in rapid assay for toxicants in water with different salt concentrations. ..
- Zhang Y, Li J, Guo X, Wu C, Bi B, Ren S, et al. Characterization of a novel toxin-antitoxin module, VapBC, encoded by Leptospira interrogans chromosome. Cell Res. 2004;14:208-16 pubmed
- Huang D, Yu B. Recent advance and possible future in TREK-2: a two-pore potassium channel may involved in the process of NPP, brain ischemia and memory impairment. Med Hypotheses. 2008;70:618-24 pubmed..This review also further predicts the role of TREK-2 in brain ischemia, memory and other tissue. The specific location and function of TREK-2 in these tissues need further study. ..
- Chen C, Chen H, Shan J, Zhu M, Shi M, Gao J, et al. Genetic and physiological analysis of a novel type of interspecific hybrid weakness in rice. Mol Plant. 2013;6:716-28 pubmed publisher..Based on the genetic inheritance of hybrid weakness, LOC_Os11g07240 is implicated as the candidate gene for Hwi1. Functional analysis of Hwi1 will expand our knowledge of the regulation of hybrid weakness in rice. ..
- Li Y, Pan Y, She Q, Chen L. A novel carboxyl-terminal protease derived from Paenibacillus lautus CHN26 exhibiting high activities at multiple sites of substrates. BMC Biotechnol. 2013;13:89 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated that CtpAp is a novel endopeptidase with distinct cleavage specificities, showing a strong potential in biotechnology and industry applications. ..
- Xu J, Ji C, Wang L, Cao Y, Dai J, Ye X, et al. Cloning and expression of a novel human C5orf12 gene*, a member of the TMS_TDE family. Mol Biol Rep. 2003;30:47-52 pubmed..C5orf12 has high identity with the rat TPO1, so we speculate that C5orf12 may also have a role in the brain development. ..
- Li D, Yu L, Wu H, Shan Y, Guo J, Dang Y, et al. Cloning and identification of the human LPAAT-zeta gene, a novel member of the lysophosphatidic acid acyltransferase family. J Hum Genet. 2003;48:438-42 pubmed..The human LPAAT-zeta gene consisted of 13 exons and is positioned at chromosome 8p11.21. ..
- Xiang Y, Zhu Z, Han G, Ye X, Xu B, Peng Z, et al. JARID1B is a histone H3 lysine 4 demethylase up-regulated in prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:19226-31 pubmed..Thus, we identified JARID1B as a demethylase capable of removing three methyl groups from histone H3 lysine 4 and up-regulated in prostate cancer. ..
- Zong J, Yao X, Yin J, Zhang D, Ma H. Evolution of the RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRP) genes: duplications and possible losses before and after the divergence of major eukaryotic groups. Gene. 2009;447:29-39 pubmed publisher..We present a model for a possible evolutionary history of RDR genes in eukaryotes. ..
- Meng X, Xu Z, Song R. Molecular cloning and characterization of a vacuolar H+?pyrophosphatase from Dunaliella viridis. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:3375-82 pubmed publisher..This study not only enriched our knowledge about the biological functions of V-H(+)-PPases in different organisms but also improved our understanding of the molecular mechanism of salt tolerance in Dunaliella...
- Li B, Sun J, Liu Q, Han L, Huang X, Ni Y. High prevalence of CTX-M ?-lactamases in faecal Escherichia coli strains from healthy humans in Fuzhou, China. Scand J Infect Dis. 2011;43:170-4 pubmed publisher..The O25b-ST131 clone was found in 4 strains. This study reveals the wide dissemination of CTX-M ESBL-producing E. coli in the gut flora of healthy individuals in China. ..
- Bao L, Huang Q, Chang L, Sun Q, Zhou J, Lu H. Cloning and characterization of two ?-glucosidase/xylosidase enzymes from yak rumen metagenome. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2012;166:72-86 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the enzymatic properties, the participation in hydrolysis of cellooligosaccharides, and the synergism with xylanase make RuBG3A and RuBG3B very interesting candidates for saccharification of both cellulose and hemicellulose. ..
- Shen Y, Zhang J, Xu X, Fu J, Li J. Expression of complement component C7 and involvement in innate immune responses to bacteria in grass carp. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;33:448-54 pubmed publisher..Significant changes in C7 transcript expression (>20-fold) were detected following Aeromonas hydrophila infection, indicating C7 involvement in innate immune responses to bacteria in teleost fish. ..
- Li H, Shen T, Wang X, Lin K, Liu Y, Lu S, et al. Biodegradation of perchloroethylene and chlorophenol co-contamination and toxic effect on activated sludge performance. Bioresour Technol. 2013;137:286-93 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that co-contamination with PCE and 2-CP affected the performance of activated sludge in a significant way. ..
- Wang L, Yao J, Chen L, Chen J, Xue J, Jia W. Expression and possible functional roles of cytochromes P450 2J1 (zfCyp 2J1) in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:850-5 pubmed..In addition, zfCyp2J1 may play a particularly crucial role in early oocyte maturation. ..
- Li W, Jin X, He L, Jiang H, Gong Y, Xie Y, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization, expression and activity analysis of cathepsin L in Chinese mitten crab, Eriocheir sinensis. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:1010-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, data demonstrate the successful isolation of catL from the Chinese mitten crab, and its involvement in the innate immune system of an invertebrate. ..
- Zhu J, Tong X, Cao C, Wu G, Zhang N, Wu H. Solution structure of BmKalphaTx11, a toxin from the venom of the Chinese scorpion Buthus martensii Karsch. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:627-33 pubmed publisher..The mechanism for stabilizing the geometry of the 'NC-domain' in wide-type scorpion alpha-toxins is also discussed. ..
- Yan X, Gao S, Xia J, Ye R, Yu H, Long J. Epidemic characteristics of hand, foot, and mouth disease in Shanghai from 2009 to 2010: Enterovirus 71 subgenotype C4 as the primary causative agent and a high incidence of mixed infections with coxsackievirus A16. Scand J Infect Dis. 2012;44:297-305 pubmed publisher..EV71 subgenotype C4 was the major causative agent of the HFMD outbreak in Shanghai. A high incidence of mixed infections with EV71 and CA16 was also observed. ..
- Wang G, Wang F, Wang G, Wang F, Zhang X, Zhong M, et al. Opaque1 encodes a myosin XI motor protein that is required for endoplasmic reticulum motility and protein body formation in maize endosperm. Plant Cell. 2012;24:3447-62 pubmed..In summary, this study indicated that O1 influences protein body biogenesis by affecting ER morphology and motility, ultimately affecting endosperm texture. ..
- Li G, Wang J, Rossiter S, Jones G, Zhang S. Accelerated FoxP2 evolution in echolocating bats. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e900 pubmed publisher..We speculate that observed accelerated evolution of FoxP2 in bats supports a previously proposed function in sensorimotor coordination...
- Ding B, Yin Y, Zhang F, Li Z. Recovery and phylogenetic diversity of culturable fungi associated with marine sponges Clathrina luteoculcitella and Holoxea sp. in the South China Sea. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2011;13:713-21 pubmed publisher..Nigrospora oryzae strain PF18 isolated from sponge C. luteoculcitella showed a strong and broad spectrum antimicrobial activities suggesting the potential for antimicrobial compounds production. ..
- Ren H, Zhang X, Song Z, Rupert W, Gao G, Guo S, et al. Comparison of microbial community compositions of injection and production well samples in a long-term water-flooded petroleum reservoir. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23258 pubmed publisher..Additionally, there were 55.6% and 82.6% unique OTUs in the two production waters respectively, suggesting that each production well has its specific microbial composition, despite both wells being flooded with the same injection water...
- Zhang Z, Sun Z, Wang Z, Hu H, Wen Z, Song Y, et al. Identification and pathogenicity analysis of a novel non-tuberculous mycobacterium clinical isolate with nine-antibiotic resistance. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2013;19:91-96 pubmed publisher..The clinical information, mycolic acid composition, and virulence genes indicate that JDM601 is an opportunistic pathogen. ..
- Wang Q, Wang Y, Chen L, He L, Li W, Jiang H. Expression characteristics of the SUMOylation genes SUMO-1 and Ubc9 in the developing testis and ovary of Chinese mitten crab, Eriocheir sinensis. Gene. 2012;501:135-43 pubmed publisher..The pattern of EsSUMO-1 and EsUbc9 expression in the testis and ovary suggests that SUMOylation may play an important role in spermatogenesis and oogenesis in E. sinensis. ..
- Cui J, Han N, Streicker D, Li G, Tang X, Shi Z, et al. Evolutionary relationships between bat coronaviruses and their hosts. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1526-32 pubmed publisher..These shifts may be due to either virus biologic traits or host behavioral traits. This finding has implications for the emergence of SARS and for the potential future emergence of SARS-CoVs or related viruses. ..
- Zhang L, Leyn S, Gu Y, Jiang W, Rodionov D, Yang C. Ribulokinase and transcriptional regulation of arabinose metabolism in Clostridium acetobutylicum. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:1055-64 pubmed publisher..The predicted AraR-controlled genes in C. acetobutylicum were experimentally validated by testing gene expression patterns in both wild-type and araR-inactivated mutant strains during growth in the absence or presence of L-arabinose...
- Hu Y, Meng J, Shi C, Hervin K, Fratamico P, Shi X. Characterization and comparative analysis of a second thermonuclease from Staphylococcus aureus. Microbiol Res. 2013;168:174-82 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a nuc1 and nuc2 double deletion mutant of S. aureus and respective complementation experiments suggest a major role for nuc1 in terms of thermonuclease activity in S. aureus. ..
- Wang L, Lv H, Zhang L, Hua H, Wang J, Hu Z, et al. [Screening of endophytic fungi from Huperzia serrata for acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity and its taxonomic identification]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2012;37:3701-5 pubmed..To screen out fungus strains with acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity from Huperzia serrata...
- Li J, Zhang Q, Gao Z, Wang F, Duan K, Ye Z, et al. Genome-wide identification and comparative expression analysis of NBS-LRR-encoding genes upon Colletotrichum gloeosporioides infection in two ecotypes of Fragaria vesca. Gene. 2013;527:215-27 pubmed publisher..gloeosporioides in F. vesca. These FvNBSs hold potential in characterizing molecular components and developing novel markers associated with anthracnose resistance in strawberry...
- Lin J, Chen G, Gu L, Shen Y, Zheng M, Zheng W, et al. Phylogenetic affinity of tree shrews to Glires is attributed to fast evolution rate. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2014;71:193-200 pubmed publisher..Finally, estimation in the confidence of the tree selection strongly supported the phylogenetic affiliation of tree shrews to Primates as a monophyly. ..
- Liu Q, Ge S, Tang H, Zhang X, Zhu G, Lu B. Phylogenetic relationships in Elymus (Poaceae: Triticeae) based on the nuclear ribosomal internal transcribed spacer and chloroplast trnL-F sequences. New Phytol. 2006;170:411-20 pubmed
- Ren H, Dong H, Zhu F, Miao X, Wang W, Qi Z. [Cloning and phylogenetic analysis of hepatitis-associated TT virus subgenome]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2001;41:408-14 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis of 356 nt from TTV021 suggested that the isolate has close evolutionary relationship with CHN1 (type 1a), but has far relation with other TTV isolates...
- Huang Y, Ge J, Zhang H, Lei J, Zhang X, Wang H. Purification and characterization of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis FabD2, a novel malonyl-CoA:AcpM transacylase of fatty acid synthase. Protein Expr Purif. 2006;45:393-9 pubmed..Furthermore, FabD2 shows low similarity in protein sequence when alignment with other MCATs. ..
- Ming F, Lu Q, Wang W, Zhang S, Guo B, Shen D. Cloning, expression and function of phosphate transporter encoded gene in Oryza sativa L. Sci China C Life Sci. 2006;49:409-13 pubmed..Those results substantiated our contention that OsPT6:1 encoded a high-affinity phosphate transporter of Oryza sativa. ..
- Ge J, Wei Z, Huang Y, Yin J, Zhou Z, Zhong J. AcMNPV ORF38 protein has the activity of ADP-ribose pyrophosphatase and is important for virus replication. Virology. 2007;361:204-11 pubmed..The mutant phenotype was rescued by co-transfection with an AcORF38-expressing plasmid. These results suggest that AcORF38 plays an important role in virus replication, although the detail is to be elucidated. ..
- Li Q, Xu Z, Hao B. Composition vector approach to whole-genome-based prokaryotic phylogeny: success and foundations. J Biotechnol. 2010;149:115-9 pubmed publisher..In this review article, after demonstrating its successful application to a collection of 892 genomes including 62 Archaea, 822 Bacteria and 8 Eukarya, we will outline some ongoing work towards the foundations of this new approach. ..
- Jiang W, Jiang Y, Li C, Liang J. Investigation of supragingival plaque microbiota in different caries status of Chinese preschool children by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis. Microb Ecol. 2011;61:342-52 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that supragingival plaque microbiota as a whole undergoes a more complicated shift in the caries process...
- Zhang X, Zong J, Liu J, Yin J, Zhang D. Genome-wide analysis of WOX gene family in rice, sorghum, maize, Arabidopsis and poplar. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:1016-26 pubmed publisher..This work provides insights into the evolution of the WOX gene family and is useful for future research. ..
- Lan D, Ji W, Yang S, Cui L, Yang Z, Yuan C, et al. Isolation and characterization of the first Chinese porcine sapelovirus strain. Arch Virol. 2011;156:1567-74 pubmed publisher..csh caused the same symptoms as observed in the affected herd. Therefore, PSV.csh is the causative agent of this disease. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of PSV infecting piglets in China. ..
- Yi J, Liu C, Chen B, Wu S. Molecular characterization of a virulent genotype VIId strain of Newcastle disease virus from farmed chickens in Shanghai. Avian Dis. 2011;55:279-84 pubmed
- Wang Q, Fang D, Li W, Wang J, Jiang H. A novel TCTP gene from the crustacean Eriocheir sinensis: possible role involving metallic Cu2+ stress. Biol Bull. 2011;221:290-9 pubmed..3-fold higher than the control), and was still high after 72 h. Our results indicate that Es-TCTP is an acute-phase protein that is involved in Cu(2+) stress, with a possible anti-stress function in invertebrates. ..
- Liu J, Wang H, Yang H, Zhang Y, Wang J, Zhao F, et al. Composition-based classification of short metagenomic sequences elucidates the landscapes of taxonomic and functional enrichment of microorganisms. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:e3 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, MetaCV, benefited from the strategy of composition comparison, is the first algorithm that can classify millions of very short reads within affordable time. ..
- Cui L, Zhu Y, Guan X, Deng Z, Bai L, Feng Y. De Novo Biosynthesis of Î²-Valienamine in Engineered Streptomyces hygroscopicus 5008. ACS Synth Biol. 2016;5:15-20 pubmed publisher..This work provides a powerful alternative for preparing the chiral intermediates for pharmaceutical development. ..
- Li H, Yang S, Mu B, Rong Z, Zhang J. Molecular phylogenetic diversity of the microbial community associated with a high-temperature petroleum reservoir at an offshore oilfield. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2007;60:74-84 pubmed..The results of this work provide further insight into the composition of microbial communities of high-temperature petroleum reservoirs at offshore oilfields. ..
- Yang Z, Chao Z, Huo K, Xie H, Tian Z, Pan S. ITS sequence analysis used for molecular identification of the Bupleurum species from northwestern China. Phytomedicine. 2007;14:416-23 pubmed..According to analyzing the information given by ITS sequences, the conclusion can be made that ITS sequence could serve as markers for authentication of Radix Bupleuri. ..
- Wan B, Zhou Y, Zhang X, Zhu H, Huo K, Han Z. hOLFML1, a novel secreted glycoprotein, enhances the proliferation of human cancer cell lines in vitro. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3185-92 pubmed publisher..Our data also revealed that hOLFML1 is N-glycosylated and its secretion is triggered by serum. Taken together, these findings suggest that hOLFML1 may play a significant role in the regulation of cell proliferation in vitro. ..
- Zhang X, Ma X, Wang N, Yao T. New subgroup of Bacteroidetes and diverse microorganisms in Tibetan plateau glacial ice provide a biological record of environmental conditions. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2009;67:21-9 pubmed publisher..Comparisons of microbial community structures in the five ice samples showed distinct differences, likely due to environmental differences in the locations in which the samples were obtained. ..
- Yang J, Qiu C, Xia Y, Yao L, Fu Z, Yuan C, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of Schistosoma japonicum enolase which is highly expressed at the schistosomulum stage. Parasitol Res. 2010;107:667-77 pubmed publisher..45% in the fecal egg count were observed in BALB/c mice vaccinated with rSjENO when compared with blank control mice. An ELISA assay suggested that high levels of specific IgG antibody could be induced by rSjENO in vaccinated mice. ..
- Wang H, Laqiong -, Sun K, Lu F, Wang Y, Song Z, et al. Phylogeographic structure of Hippophae tibetana (Elaeagnaceae) highlights the highest microrefugia and the rapid uplift of the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. Mol Ecol. 2010;19:2964-79 pubmed publisher..The rapid uplift of the plateau within the last 3.4 Ma and the associated environmental changes may have affected the dispersal and differentiation of H. tibetana and shaped its phylogeographic structure...
- Zhou S, Zhou Q, Liu Y, Wang S, Wen D, He Q, et al. Two Tor genes in the silkworm Bombyx mori. Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19:727-35 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we have identified two copies of the Tor gene in a higher eukaryote, which are induced by starvation and 20E during the larval moulting and the larval-pupal transition stage. ..
- Yuan C, Keeling P, Krause P, Horak A, Bent S, Rollend L, et al. Colpodella spp.-like parasite infection in woman, China. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:125-7 pubmed publisher..We report a case of a Babesia spp.-like relapsing infection caused by a newly described microorganism related to the Apicomplexa. This case is highly suggestive of a previously undescribed type of colpodellid that infects vertebrates. ..
- Li H, Chen J, Wang S, Xiong S. Evaluation of six candidate DNA barcoding loci in Ficus (Moraceae) of China. Mol Ecol Resour. 2012;12:783-90 pubmed publisher..Among the possible combinations of loci, ITS?+?trnH-psbA performed best but only marginally improved species resolution over ITS alone (75% vs. 72%). Therefore, we recommend using ITS as a single DNA barcoding locus in Ficus...
- Huang X, Kurata N, Wei X, Wang Z, Wang A, Zhao Q, et al. A map of rice genome variation reveals the origin of cultivated rice. Nature. 2012;490:497-501 pubmed publisher..The domestication-associated traits are analysed through high-resolution genetic mapping. This study provides an important resource for rice breeding and an effective genomics approach for crop domestication research. ..
- Shen X, Hu H, Peng H, Wang W, Zhang X. Comparative genomic analysis of four representative plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria in Pseudomonas. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:271 pubmed publisher..stutzeri A1501. Our aim was to identify the similarities and differences among these strains using a comparative genomic approach to clarify the mechanisms of plant growth-promoting activity...
- Zhang L, Jiang J, Dong Y, Qiu J. Complete mitochondrial genome of a Pheretimoid earthworm Metaphire vulgaris (Oligochaeta: Megascolecidae). Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal. 2016;27:297-8 pubmed publisher..All genes are encoded by the same strand, ATP8 is not adjacent to ATP6, all 13 PCGs use ATG as a start codon. These features are consistent with first determined earthworm Lumbricus terrestris, but unusual among animal mtDNAs. ..