Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Tang S, Bao H, Zhang Y, Yao J, Yang P, Chen X. 14-3-3? mediates the cell fate decision-making pathways in response of hepatocellular carcinoma to Bleomycin-induced DNA damage. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55268 pubmed publisher..Not only individual proteins but also those critical links in the network could be the potential targets for BLM-mediated therapeutic intervention of HCC. ..
- Cao L, Zou Y, Zhu J, Fan X, Li J. Ginsenoside Rg1 attenuates concanavalin A-induced hepatitis in mice through inhibition of cytokine secretion and lymphocyte infiltration. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;380:203-10 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Rg1 represents a novel agent for the treatment of T lymphocyte-dependent liver injury. ..
- Wang X, Wang L, Fu Y, Wu J, Tang X, Zhao W, et al. Promising effects on ameliorating mitochondrial function and enhancing Akt signaling in SH-SY5Y cells by (M)-bicelaphanol A, a novel dimeric podocarpane type trinorditerpene isolated from Celastrus orbiculatus. Phytomedicine. 2013;20:1064-70 pubmed publisher
- Zhang L, Yang Z, Ma A, Qu Y, Xia S, Xu D, et al. Growth arrest and DNA damage 45G down-regulation contributes to Janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 activation and cellular senescence evasion in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2014;59:178-89 pubmed publisher..The decrease or absence of GADD45G expression may be a key event for tumor cells or premalignant liver cells to bypass cellular senescence. ..
- Gan W, Dang Y, Han X, Ling S, Duan J, Liu J, et al. ERK5/HDAC5-mediated, resveratrol-, and pterostilbene-induced expression of MnSOD in human endothelial cells. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2016;60:266-77 pubmed publisher..Resveratrol and pterostilbene can activate MnSOD expression through ERK5/HDAC5 pathway, thus alleviating mitochondrial oxidative stress in endothelial cells that relates to cardiovascular disease. ..
- Wang W, Chen H, Zhang L, Qin Y, Cong Q, Wang P, et al. A fucoidan from Nemacystus decipiens disrupts angiogenesis through targeting bone morphogenetic protein 4. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;144:305-14 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that NDH01 might be an angiogenesis inhibitor through targeting bone morphogenetic protein 4. ..
- Xu Z, Li E, Xu C, Gan L, Qin J, Chen L. Response of AMP-activated protein kinase and energy metabolism to acute nitrite exposure in the Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:86-97 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insight into energy metabolism and sensing by AMPK in teleost and necessitates further study of the multiple physiologic roles of AMPK in fish. ..
- Wu H, Mao X, Fan H, Wang Y. p38Î² Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Signaling Mediates Exenatide-Stimulated Microglial Î²-Endorphin Expression. Mol Pharmacol. 2017;91:451-463 pubmed publisher..The differential role of p38Î± and p38Î² activation in inflammation and nociception was also highlighted. ..
- Liu W, Liu X, Li Y, Zhao J, Liu Z, Hu Z, et al. LRRK2 promotes the activation of NLRC4 inflammasome during Salmonella Typhimurium infection. J Exp Med. 2017;214:3051-3066 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the kinase activity of LRRK2 is required for optimal NLRC4 inflammasome activation. Collectively, our study reveals an important role for LRRK2 in the host defense by promoting NLRC4 inflammasome activation. ..
- Yang L, Huang P, Li F, Zhao L, Zhang Y, Li S, et al. c-Jun amino-terminal kinase-1 mediates glucose-responsive upregulation of the RNA editing enzyme ADAR2 in pancreatic beta-cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48611 pubmed publisher..Thus, the JNK1 pathway may be functionally linked to the nutrient-sensing actions of ADAR2-mediated RNA editing in professional secretory cells. ..
- Miao Z, Ding J. Transcription factor c-Jun activation represses mdr-1 gene expression. Cancer Res. 2003;63:4527-32 pubmed..The findings also suggest that c-Jun might be a potential drug target for circumventing tumor MDR. ..
- Wang P, Duan W, Takabayashi A, Endo T, Shikanai T, Ye J, et al. Chloroplastic NAD(P)H dehydrogenase in tobacco leaves functions in alleviation of oxidative damage caused by temperature stress. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:465-74 pubmed
- Qin Y, Meng L, Hu C, Duan W, Zuo Z, Lin L, et al. Gambogic acid inhibits the catalytic activity of human topoisomerase IIalpha by binding to its ATPase domain. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007;6:2429-40 pubmed..They also indicate that GA inhibits Topo IIalpha-mediated DNA cleavage and modulate the activity of Topo II poisons, which provide rationale for further clinical evaluation of GA. ..
- Zhang X, Sheng Y, Li Q, Qin W, Lu Y, Cheng Y, et al. BMI1 and Mel-18 oppositely regulate carcinogenesis and progression of gastric cancer. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:40 pubmed publisher..Mel-18 and BMI1 may regulate tumorigenesis, cell migration and cancer metastasis via both p16- and AKT-dependent growth regulatory pathways. ..
- Wang W, Han G, Ye M, Shi H, Zou H, Huo K. Mapping of phosphorylation sites in human MSK1 activated by a novel interaction with MRK-beta. Electrophoresis. 2010;31:1283-93 pubmed publisher..Hence, we conclude this method is sensitive and reliable as expected and it can be further combined with automated screening and biochemical study in efficiently building up a more comprehensive phosphoprotein network. ..
- Zhang K, Li L, Huang C, Shen C, Tan F, Xia C, et al. Distinct functions of BMP4 during different stages of mouse ES cell neural commitment. Development. 2010;137:2095-105 pubmed publisher..We conclude that BMP signaling has distinct functions during different stages of ESC neural commitment...
- Shi P, Zhang Y, Tong X, Yang Y, Shao Z. Dihydrotestosterone induces p27 degradation via direct binding with SKP2 in ovarian and breast cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:109-14 pubmed publisher..Collectively, DHT, but not the other examined androgens regulated the degradation of p27 in MCF-7 and OVCAR-3 cells. Furthermore, SKP2 was shown to act as a DHT receptor. ..
- Luo K, Yuan J, Lou Z. Oligomerization of MDC1 protein is important for proper DNA damage response. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28192-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the oligomerization of MDC1 plays an important role in DDR and help understand the formation of proteins complexes at the sites of DNA damage. ..
- Zhang L, Wang J, Liu Y, Lu X, Kuang Y, Wan Y, et al. GPR26-deficient mice display increased anxiety- and depression-like behaviors accompanied by reduced phosphorylated cyclic AMP responsive element-binding protein level in central amygdala. Neuroscience. 2011;196:203-14 pubmed publisher..Combined, our data indicate that Gpr26 is important for emotion regulation in mice, a function probably mediated by the phosphorylation of CREB in the central amygdala. ..
- Qu F, Gao H, Zhu S, Shi P, Zhang Y, Liu Y, et al. TRAF6-dependent Act1 phosphorylation by the I?B kinase-related kinases suppresses interleukin-17-induced NF-?B activation. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3925-37 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a new role for the IKK-related kinases in suppressing IL-17-mediated NF-?B activation through TRAF6-dependent Act1 phosphorylation. ..
- Shi X, Bi Y, Yang W, Guo X, Jiang Y, Wan C, et al. Ca2+ regulates T-cell receptor activation by modulating the charge property of lipids. Nature. 2013;493:111-5 pubmed publisher..Our study thus provides a new regulatory mechanism of Ca(2+) to T-cell activation involving direct lipid manipulation. ..
- Zhao L, Wang W, Ren H, Qi Z. Interaction of L-SIGN with hepatitis C virus envelope protein E2 up-regulates Raf-MEK-ERK pathway. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2013;66:589-97 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of Raf-MEK-ERK pathway by HCV E2 via L-SIGN provides new insights into signaling cascade of L-SIGN, and might be a potential target for control and prevention of HCV infection. ..
- Li R, Wei J, Jiang C, Liu D, Deng L, Zhang K, et al. Akt SUMOylation regulates cell proliferation and tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2013;73:5742-53 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings establish that Akt SUMOylation provides a novel regulatory mechanism for activating Akt function. ..
- Wang P, Xue Y, Han Y, Lin L, Wu C, Xu S, et al. The STAT3-binding long noncoding RNA lnc-DC controls human dendritic cell differentiation. Science. 2014;344:310-3 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies a lncRNA that regulates DC differentiation and also broadens the known mechanisms of lncRNA action. ..
- Yang H, Shi L, Shi G, Guo Y, Chen D, Chen D, et al. Connexin 43 Affects Osteogenic Differentiation of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament Cells via Regulation of ERK Activity by Stabilizing Runx2 in Ossification. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:237-47 pubmed publisher..these data support that Connexin 43 significantly regulates osteogenic differentiation in the cells from posterior longitudinal ligament by altering the activity of ERK, and subsequently causing the modification of Runx2. ..
- Wu C, Wei W, Li C, Li Q, Sheng Q, Zeng R. Delicate analysis of post-translational modifications on Dishevelled 3. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:3829-37 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study elucidated the existence of a novel post-translational modification on Dvl3 and provided a delicate experimental procedure for analysis of modification on low abundant proteins. ..
- Zhao Y, Wang L, Ren S, Wang L, Blackburn P, McNulty M, et al. Activation of P-TEFb by Androgen Receptor-Regulated Enhancer RNAs in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Cell Rep. 2016;15:599-610 pubmed publisher..We have uncovered a P-TEFb activation mechanism and reveal altered eRNA expression that is related to abnormal AR function and may potentially be a therapeutic target in CRPC. ..
- Liu Q, Yu L, Fu Q, Lang T, Zhang J, Mao D, et al. Molecular cloning and tissue expression analysis of the beta subunit of elongation factor 1 in the mouse. Biochem Genet. 2000;38:111-7 pubmed
- Chen X, Lin G, Wei Y, Hexige S, Niu Y, Liu L, et al. TSSK5, a novel member of the testis-specific serine/threonine kinase family, phosphorylates CREB at Ser-133, and stimulates the CRE/CREB responsive pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333:742-9 pubmed..These results suggest that this kinase may be involved in spermatogenesis through phosphorylating CREB and then stimulating the CREB/CRE responsive pathway. ..
- Li W, Xie L, He X, Li J, Tu K, Wei L, et al. Diagnostic and prognostic implications of microRNAs in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:1616-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the authors have demonstrated the diagnostic miRNA profile for HCC, and for the first time, identified the miR-125b with predictive significance for HCC prognosis. ..
- Tian S, Wang X, Ding G. Repeated electro-acupuncture attenuates chronic visceral hypersensitivity and spinal cord NMDA receptor phosphorylation in a rat irritable bowel syndrome model. Life Sci. 2008;83:356-63 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data indicate that the EA-mediated attenuation of chronic visceral hypersensitivity is correlated with the down-regulation of NMDA receptors phosphorylation at the spinal level. ..
- Xu Y, Wang H, Yan J, Sun X, Guo J, Zhu C. Antibody binding to cell surface amyloid precursor protein induces neuronal injury by deregulating the phosphorylation of focal adhesion signaling related proteins. Neurosci Lett. 2009;465:276-81 pubmed publisher..In addition, pretreatment with PTX and PP2 was able to suppress APP-antibody induced neuronal injury. Taken together, the results suggest a novel mechanism for APP mediating neuronal injury through deregulating FA signals. ..
- Du D, Xu F, Yu L, Zhang C, Lu X, Yuan H, et al. The tight junction protein, occludin, regulates the directional migration of epithelial cells. Dev Cell. 2010;18:52-63 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that occludin is required for the leading-edge localization of polarity proteins aPKC-Par3 and PATJ and promotes cell protrusion by regulating membrane-localized activation of PI3K. ..
- Li Q, Xing X, Chen T, Li R, Dai J, Sheng Q, et al. Large scale phosphoproteome profiles comprehensive features of mouse embryonic stem cells. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M110.001750 pubmed publisher..Overall, this work provides an overview of phosphorylation in mES cells and is a valuable resource for the future understanding of basic biology in mES cells. ..
- Wang L, Wang X, Chen J, Yang Z, Yu L, Hu L, et al. Activation of protein serine/threonine phosphatase PP2C? efficiently prevents liver fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14230 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our study might provide the first evidence for the role of PP2C family members in the fibrotic disease. ..
- Li M, Sun X, Zhu X, Jin S, Zeng Z, Zhou Z, et al. HBcAg induces PD-1 upregulation on CD4+T cells through activation of JNK, ERK and PI3K/AKT pathways in chronic hepatitis-B-infected patients. Lab Invest. 2012;92:295-304 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the PD-1 expression level on CD4(+)T cells was upregulated in every phase of chronic HBV infection, which was induced by HBcAg through JNK, ERK and PI3K/AKT signaling pathways. ..
- Zhang T, Wang S, Lin Y, Xu W, Ye D, Xiong Y, et al. Acetylation negatively regulates glycogen phosphorylase by recruiting protein phosphatase 1. Cell Metab. 2012;15:75-87 pubmed publisher..Our results provide molecular insights into the intricate regulation of the classical GP and a functional crosstalk between protein acetylation and phosphorylation. ..
- Zheng Y, Liu X, Guo S. Therapeutic potential of andrographolide for treating endometriosis. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:1300-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, andrographolide may be cytoreductive and may relieve pain symptoms in women with endometriosis. With excellent safety and cost profiles, andrographolide could be a promising therapeutic agent for endometriosis. ..
- Wang X, Li T, Zhao J, Mao Ying Q, Zhang H, Hu S, et al. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation in spinal astrocytes and microglia contributes to cancer-induced bone pain in rats. Neuroscience. 2012;217:172-81 pubmed publisher..This study indicated that inhibition of the ERK pathway may provide a new therapy for cancer-induced bone pain. ..
- Ruan Y, Sun L, Hao Y, Wang L, Xu J, Zhang W, et al. Ribosomal RACK1 promotes chemoresistance and growth in human hepatocellular carcinoma. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:2554-66 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that RACK1 may function as an internal factor involved in the growth and survival of HCC and suggest that targeting RACK1 may be an efficacious strategy for HCC treatment. ..
- Yang H, Du R, Qiu J, Tang Y, Chen S. Bisoprolol reverses epinephrine-mediated inhibition of cell emigration through increases in the expression of ?-arrestin 2 and CCR7 and PI3K phosphorylation, in dendritic cells loaded with cholesterol. Thromb Res. 2013;131:230-7 pubmed publisher..15±4.63%), and the number of chemotactic cells (36.84±5.22%). This is the first study to establish a signaling pathway, epinephrine-AR-?1-?-arrestin2-PI3K-MMP9/CCR7, which plays a critical role in the migration of DCs. ..
- Gui D, Huang J, Liu W, Guo Y, Xiao W, Wang N. Astragaloside IV prevents acute kidney injury in two rodent models by inhibiting oxidative stress and apoptosis pathways. Apoptosis. 2013;18:409-22 pubmed publisher..These changes were prevented by AS-IV pretreatment. Therefore, AS-IV can be developed as a novel therapeutic approach to prevent AKI through targeting inhibition of oxidative stress and apoptosis pathways. ..
- Wu W, Dong Y, Shi P, Yu M, Fu D, Zhang C, et al. Regulation of integrin ?V subunit expression by sulfatide in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:936-52 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that sulfatide regulated integrin ?V expression and cell adhesion, which was associated with Erk activation. ..
- Shang G, GAO P, Zhao Z, Chen Q, Jiang T, Zhang N, et al. 3,5-Diiodo-l-thyronine ameliorates diabetic nephropathy in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:674-84 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggested that T2 was a protective agent against renal damage in diabetic nephropathy, whose action involved regulation of SIRT1. ..
- Tan S, Dai C, Liu H, Xue H. Arabidopsis casein kinase1 proteins CK1.3 and CK1.4 phosphorylate cryptochrome2 to regulate blue light signaling. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2618-32 pubmed publisher..3 and CK1.4 is stimulated by blue light and feedback regulated by CRY2-mediated signaling. These results provide direct evidence for CRY2 phosphorylation and informative clues on the mechanisms of CRY2-mediated light responses...
- Wang H, Zhang Y, Qian J, Zhang M, Wang X. Radiotherapy?induced Gadd45a impairs lacrimal gland epithelial cell migration and proliferation. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:1049-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results of the current study suggested that Gadd45a may be a therapeutic target in radiation?induced lacrimal gland injury. ..
- Pan L, Xu P, Luo X, Wang L, Liu S, Zhu Y, et al. Shizukaol B, an active sesquiterpene from Chloranthus henryi, attenuates LPS-induced inflammatory responses in BV2 microglial cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;88:878-884 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that shizukaol B exerts anti-inflammatory effects in LPS-activated microglia partly by modulating JNK-AP-1 signaling pathway. ..
- Yan J, Wang P, Wang B, Hsu C, Tang K, Zhang H, et al. The SnRK2 kinases modulate miRNA accumulation in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006753 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal an important role for the SnRK2 kinases in the regulation of miRNA accumulation and establish a mechanism by which ABA and osmotic stress signaling is linked to miRNA biogenesis. ..
- Wang L, Li H, Chen Q, Zhu T, Zhu H, Zheng L. Wnt signaling stabilizes the DIXDC1 protein through decreased ubiquitin-dependent degradation. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:700-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that canonical Wnt/beta-catenin pathway activation might upregulate DIXDC1 through a post-translational mechanism by inhibiting the ubiquitin-mediated degradation of the DIXDC1 protein. ..
- Huang L, Yu Z, Zhang Z, Ma W, Song S, Huang G. Interaction with Pyruvate Kinase M2 Destabilizes Tristetraprolin by Proteasome Degradation and Regulates Cell Proliferation in Breast Cancer. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22449 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that PKM2-TTP association is crucial for regulating breast cancer cell proliferation and is therefore a potential therapeutic target in cancer. ..
- Tong Y, Zhang X, Zhao W, Zhang Y, Lang J, Shi Y, et al. Anti-angiogenic effects of Shiraiachrome A, a compound isolated from a Chinese folk medicine used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;494:101-9 pubmed..These findings also indicate that Shiraiachrome A may be a potent therapeutic agent for angiogenesis-related diseases such as cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Li Y, Wang L, Li S, Guo T, Guo X, Yan P, et al. p53 protein activates the transcription of human proliferating cell nuclear antigen in response to 4-nitroquinoline N-oxide treatment. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:416-26 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that after 4-NQO treatment hPCNA is transactivated by Ser15 phosphorylated p53, and participate in DNA repair. ..
- Zhang Y, Yan Z, Farooq A, Liu X, Lu C, Zhou M, et al. Molecular basis of distinct interactions between Dok1 PTB domain and tyrosine-phosphorylated EGF receptor. J Mol Biol. 2004;343:1147-55 pubmed
- Guan Q, Zhan Q, He Y, Tan L. Changes in the prodynorphin gene and DARPP-32 state in 6-OHDA-lesioned rats following long-term treatment with l-dopa. Neurosci Lett. 2007;426:64-8 pubmed..Collectively, these findings suggested that changes of the DARPP-32 phosphorylation state may be important for over-activation of the direct pathway. ..
- Sun L, Yu M, Kong L, Zhuang Z, Hu J, Ge B. Molecular identification and functional characterization of a Drosophila dual-specificity phosphatase DMKP-4 which is involved in PGN-induced activation of the JNK pathway. Cell Signal. 2008;20:1329-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, DMKP-4 is a Drosophila homologue of mammalian MKPs, and may play important roles in the regulation of various developmental processes. ..
- Tang M, Cui M, Dong Q, Ren H, Xiao B, Luo B, et al. The bradykinin B2 receptor mediates hypoxia/reoxygenation induced neuronal cell apoptosis through the ERK1/2 pathway. Neurosci Lett. 2009;450:40-4 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that B2R plays an important role in protecting neurons from damage induced by H/R and this effect may function through the ERK1/2 pathway. ..
- Cao X, Dai J, Xu H, Nie S, Chang X, Hu B, et al. High-coverage proteome analysis reveals the first insight of protein modification systems in the pathogenic spirochete Leptospira interrogans. Cell Res. 2010;20:197-210 pubmed publisher..interrogans shares significant similarities in protein modification systems with eukaryotes...
- Liu M, Yang Y, Wang C, Sun L, Mei C, Yao W, et al. The effect of epidermal growth factor receptor variant III on glioma cell migration by stimulating ERK phosphorylation through the focal adhesion kinase signaling pathway. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;502:89-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the role of ERK1/2 in FAK-regulated cell migration was confirmed. Taken together, our results suggest that FAK and its downstream molecule ERK were involved in EGFRvIII-promoted glioma cell migration in U87?EGFR cells. ..
- Deqiu Z, Kang L, Jiali Y, Baolin L, Gaolin L. Luteolin inhibits inflammatory response and improves insulin sensitivity in the endothelium. Biochimie. 2011;93:506-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggested that luteolin ameliorated inflammation related endothelial insulin resistance in an IKK?/IRS-1/Akt/eNOS-dependent pathway. ..
- Yang G, Xiao X, Rosen D, Cheng X, Wu X, Chang B, et al. The biphasic role of NF-kappaB in progression and chemoresistance of ovarian cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:2181-94 pubmed publisher..Our data provide strong evidence that NF-?B can function as a biphasic regulator, either suppressing or enhancing ovarian cancer growth through the regulation of MAPK and cellular apoptosis. ..
- Chen Z, Wang X, Shao Y, Shi D, Chen T, Cui D, et al. Synthetic osteogenic growth peptide promotes differentiation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells to osteoblasts via RhoA/ROCK pathway. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;358:221-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that OGP not only acts on BMSCs to stimulate osteogenic differentiation, but also in a dose-dependent manner, and this effect is mediated via the activation of RhoA/ROCK pathway. ..
- Chen G, Chen S, Wang X, Ding X, Ding J, Meng L. Inhibition of chemokine (CXC motif) ligand 12/chemokine (CXC motif) receptor 4 axis (CXCL12/CXCR4)-mediated cell migration by targeting mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway in human gastric carcinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12132-41 pubmed publisher
- Xu M, Zhang F, Da L, Li T, Zhao M. Microspherule protein 2 associates with ASK1 and acts as a negative regulator of stress-induced ASK1 activation. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1678-86 pubmed publisher..Finally, H(2)O(2) treatment induced proteasomal degradation of MCRS2, which was further enhanced by activated ASK1. Our results clearly demonstrate that MCRS2 plays a negative role in stress-induced ASK1 activation. ..
- Xia T, Cheng Y, Zhang Q, Xiao F, Liu B, Chen S, et al. S6K1 in the central nervous system regulates energy expenditure via MC4R/CRH pathways in response to deprivation of an essential amino acid. Diabetes. 2012;61:2461-71 pubmed..Taken together, our studies provide a new perspective for understanding the regulation of energy expenditure by the CNS and the importance of cross-talk between nutritional control and regulation of endocrine signals. ..
- Qiu Z, Zhang W, Fan F, Li H, Wu C, Ye Y, et al. Rosuvastatin-attenuated heart failure in aged spontaneously hypertensive rats via PKCα/β2 signal pathway. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:3052-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the heart failure of aged SHRs that was developed during the end stage of hypertension could be ameliorated by Rosuvastatin. ..
- Niu H, Chen X, Gruppo R, Li D, Wang Y, Zhang L, et al. Integrin ?IIb-mediated PI3K/Akt activation in platelets. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47356 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insight into the signaling pathway used by ?IIb-mediated outside-in signaling in platelets...
- Sun Y, Li Q, Zhang Y, Hu R, Jiang H. Isoflurane preconditioning increases survival of rat skin random-pattern flaps by induction of HIF-1? expression. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;31:579-91 pubmed publisher..Isoflurane preconditioning improves survival of skin flaps by up the regulation of HIF-1? expression via Akt-mTOR and Akt-GSK 3? signaling pathways. ..
- Wang J, Zhong C, Wang F, Qu F, Ding J. Crystal structures of S6K1 provide insights into the regulation mechanism of S6K1 by the hydrophobic motif. Biochem J. 2013;454:39-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study indicate that phosphorylation of the hydrophobic motif in S6K1 is independent of, and probably precedes and promotes, phosphorylation of the activation loop. ..
- Kong P, Chi R, Zhang L, Wang N, Lu Y. Effects of paeoniflorin on tumor necrosis factor-?-induced insulin resistance and changes of adipokines in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Fitoterapia. 2013;91:44-50 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide important evidence for an ability of paeoniflorin in amelioration of TNF?-induced adipocyte dysfunction, which would be helpful to clarify its potential role in the treatment of obesity. ..
- Yu Z, Zhao X, Huang L, Zhang T, Yang F, Xie L, et al. Proviral insertion in murine lymphomas 2 (PIM2) oncogene phosphorylates pyruvate kinase M2 (PKM2) and promotes glycolysis in cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35406-16 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that PIM2-dependent phosphorylation of PKM2 is critical for regulating the Warburg effect in cancer, highlighting PIM2 as a potential therapeutic target. ..
- An H, Xue Y, Shen Y, Du Q, Hu B. Sodium valproate induces cell senescence in human hepatocarcinoma cells. Molecules. 2013;18:14935-47 pubmed publisher..Since the effective concentration inducing cell senescence in hepatocarcinoma cells is clinically available, whether a clinical dose of SVP could induce cell senescence in clinical hepatocarcinoma is worthy of further study. ..
- Yin D, Yang X, Li H, Fan H, Zhang X, Feng Y, et al. Î²-Arrestin 2 Promotes Hepatocyte Apoptosis by Inhibiting Akt Protein. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:605-12 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that the protective effect of deficiency of Arrb2 is due to loss of negative regulation of Akt due to BDL and decreased downstream GSK3Î² and p38 MAPK signaling pathways. ..
- Yan X, Li F, Liang Y, Shen Y, Zhao X, Huang Q, et al. Human Nudel and NudE as regulators of cytoplasmic dynein in poleward protein transport along the mitotic spindle. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1239-50 pubmed..In addition, comparative studies suggest that NudE is also functionally related to its paralog, Nudel. ..
- Qi R, An H, Yu Y, Zhang M, Liu S, Xu H, et al. Notch1 signaling inhibits growth of human hepatocellular carcinoma through induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2003;63:8323-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that Notch1 signaling may participate in the development of HCC cells, affecting multiple pathways that control both cell proliferation and apoptosis. ..
- Hu Y, Li Z, Guo L, Wang L, Zhang L, Cai X, et al. MAGI-2 Inhibits cell migration and proliferation via PTEN in human hepatocarcinoma cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;467:1-9 pubmed..Finally, the molecular association between PTEN and MAGI-2 was confirmed. Our results suggested that PTEN played a critical role in MAGI-2-induced inhibition of cell migration and proliferation in HHCCs. ..
- Ding Q, Wang Z, Chen Y. Endocytosis of adiponectin receptor 1 through a clathrin- and Rab5-dependent pathway. Cell Res. 2009;19:317-27 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that AdipoR1 is internalized through a clathrin- and Rab5-dependent pathway and that endocytosis may play a role in the regulation of adiponectin signaling. ..
- Wang X, Sun D, Lu R, Chen Z, Chen Y, Fang J. RAF may induce cell proliferation through hypermethylation of tumor suppressor gene promoter in gastric epithelial cells. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:117-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RAF may induce cell proliferation through hypermethylation of tumor suppressor gene p16INK4A, while the epigenetic inactivation of p21WAF1 and p27KIP1 may be not a key factor in RAF-transformed cells. ..
- Yu G, Wang J, Chen Y, Wang X, Pan J, Li G, et al. Overexpression of phosphorylated mammalian target of rapamycin predicts lymph node metastasis and prognosis of chinese patients with gastric cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:1821-9 pubmed publisher..Increased activation of mTOR is frequent in human gastric cancer and overexpression of p-mTOR is an independent prognostic factor, suggesting that mTOR pathway could be a potential target for therapy of this malignancy. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang Y, Zhang Q, Liu X, Liu X, Jiao L, et al. Interaction of Mint2 with TrkA is involved in regulation of nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12469-79 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data provide evidence that Mint2 is a novel TrkA-regulating protein that affects NGF-induced neurite outgrowth, possibly through a mechanism involving retention of TrkA in the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Dai B, Kong Y, Ye D, Ma C, Zhou X, Yao X. Activation of the mammalian target of rapamycin signalling pathway in prostate cancer and its association with patient clinicopathological characteristics. BJU Int. 2009;104:1009-16 pubmed publisher..The association between activation of mTOR pathway and patient clinicopathological variables suggested that not all patients are equally amenable to treatment strategies targeting the mTOR pathway. ..
- Zhou Q, Yan B, Hu X, Li X, Zhang J, Fang J. Luteolin inhibits invasion of prostate cancer PC3 cells through E-cadherin. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:1684-91 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a new sight into the mechanisms that luteolin is against cancer cells, and suggest that molecular targeting of E-cadherin by luteolin may be a useful strategy for treatment of invasive prostate cancers. ..
- Chu Y, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Zhao Z. Involvement of microglial P2X7 receptors and downstream signaling pathways in long-term potentiation of spinal nociceptive responses. Brain Behav Immun. 2010;24:1176-89 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that microglial P2X7Rs and its downstream signaling pathways play a pivotal role in the induction of spinal LTP and persistent pain induced by TSS. ..
- Jiang X, Sun J, Xu M, Jiang X, Liu C, Lu Y. Frequent hyperphosphorylation of AS160 in breast cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2010;10:362-7 pubmed..These results implicate a possible role of AS160 in human breast tumorigenesis and suggest that p-AS160 might be useful as a marker and a potential novel treatment target for breast cancer. ..
- Wan Y, Xu J, Meng F, Bao Y, Ge Y, Lobo N, et al. Cognitive decline following major surgery is associated with gliosis, ?-amyloid accumulation, and ? phosphorylation in old mice. Crit Care Med. 2010;38:2190-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that surgery can provoke astrogliosis, ?-amyloid accumulation, and ? phosphorylation in old subjects, which is likely to be associated with the cognitive decline seen in postoperative cognitive dysfunction. ..
- Liu C, Lv X, Li T, Xu Y, Zhou X, Zhao S, et al. PP1 cooperates with ASPP2 to dephosphorylate and activate TAZ. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:5558-66 pubmed publisher..As a result, PP1 and ASPP2 increase TAZ-dependent gene expression. This study demonstrates that PP1A and ASPP2 play a critical role in promoting TAZ function by antagonizing the LATS kinase through TAZ dephosphorylation. ..