Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phenotype in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Publications297 found, 100 shown here
- Gao Z, Qian Q, Liu X, Yan M, Feng Q, Dong G, et al. Dwarf 88, a novel putative esterase gene affecting architecture of rice plant. Plant Mol Biol. 2009;71:265-76 pubmed publisher..The potential relationship between the tiller formation associated genes and D88 is discussed and future identification of the substrate for D88 may lead to the characterization of new pathways regulating plant development. ..
- Wang C, Huang C, Gu Y, Zhou Y, Zhu Z, Zhang Y. Biosynthesis and distribution of Lewis X- and Lewis Y-containing glycoproteins in the murine male reproductive system. Glycobiology. 2011;21:225-34 pubmed publisher..We provide details regarding the phenotypes of established Fut-deficient mice and lay the foundation for elucidating the functions of LeX/LeY antigens in other aspects of the male reproductive system. ..
- Zhan S, Guo Q, Li M, Li M, Li J, Miao X, et al. Disruption of an N-acetyltransferase gene in the silkworm reveals a novel role in pigmentation. Development. 2010;137:4083-90 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, the mln mutation is the first characterized mutant phenotype of insects with AANAT, and this result contributes to our understanding of dopamine metabolism and melanin pattern polymorphisms. ..
- Xu W, Liu Z, Yang C, Qin W, Shao Z. Expression of dickkopf-1 and beta-catenin related to the prognosis of breast cancer patients with triple negative phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37624 pubmed publisher..It is possible that through further understanding of the role of Wnt/beta-catenin pathway activation, beta-catenin would be a potential therapeutic target for the triple negative breast cancer. ..
- Cai Y, Zhang J, Li Z. Multi-scale mathematical modelling of tumour growth and microenvironments in anti-angiogenic therapy. Biomed Eng Online. 2016;15:155 pubmed publisher..The proposed model not only can predict detailed information of chemicals distribution and vessel remodelling, but also has the potential to specific anti-angiogenic drugs by modifying certain functional modules. ..
- Xie S, Ren Z, Zhang J, Guo X, Wang Q, Wang S, et al. Restoration of the balanced alpha/beta-globin gene expression in beta654-thalassemia mice using combined RNAi and antisense RNA approach. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2616-25 pubmed..4% for untreated. Our data have demonstrated the feasibility of techniques for beta-thalassemia therapy by balancing the synthesis of alpha-/beta-globin chains. ..
- Liang Y, Xia L, Du Z, Sheng L, Chen H, Chen G, et al. HOXA5 inhibits keratinocytes growth and epidermal formation in organotypic cultures in vitro and in vivo. J Dermatol Sci. 2012;66:197-206 pubmed publisher..HOXA5 can suppress keratinocytes growth and epidermal formation. It probably activated antagonist genes against growth factors release, which depends on its homeodomain. ..
- Guo Z, Wang C, Yan K, Xie J, Shen W, Li Q, et al. The mutation spectrum of the JK-null phenotype in the Chinese population. Transfusion. 2013;53:545-53 pubmed publisher..The two most common types of JK-null alleles were JK*B(IVS5-1g>a) and JK*B(896G>A) in Chinese persons. Four novel JK-null alleles were noted to be associated with the Jk(a-b-) phenotype. ..
- He C, Ai J, Xing W, Chen Y, Zhang H, Huang M, et al. Yhhu3813 is a novel selective inhibitor of c-Met kinase that inhibits c-Met-dependent neoplastic phenotypes of human cancer cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2014;35:89-97 pubmed publisher..Yhhu3813 is a potent selective inhibitor of c-Met that inhibits c-Met-dependent neoplastic phenotypes of human cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Du X, An Y, Yu L, Liu R, Qin Y, Guo X, et al. A genomic copy number variant analysis implicates the MBD5 and HNRNPU genes in Chinese children with infantile spasms and expands the clinical spectrum of 2q23.1 deletion. BMC Med Genet. 2014;15:62 pubmed publisher..1 deletion. In particular, our study implicates the HNRNPU and MBD5 genes in Chinese children with IS. Our study also supports that the molecular mechanisms of infantile spasms appear conserved among different ethnic backgrounds. ..
- Huang C, Sun R, Hu Y, Zeng L, Zhang N, Cai L, et al. Resolution of Brassicaceae Phylogeny Using Nuclear Genes Uncovers Nested Radiations and Supports Convergent Morphological Evolution. Mol Biol Evol. 2016;33:394-412 pubmed publisher..These results form a foundation for future evolutionary analyses of structures and functions across Brassicaceae. ..
- Cheng Y, Wang X, Wang B, Zhou H, Dang S, Shi Y, et al. Aging-associated oxidative stress inhibits liver progenitor cell activation in mice. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:1359-1374 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates aging-associated changes in LPC activation and reveals critical roles for the stem cell niche, including neutrophils and hepatic stellate cells, in the negative regulation of LPCs during aging. ..
- Yang X, Xu Z, Xue H. Arabidopsis membrane steroid binding protein 1 is involved in inhibition of cell elongation. Plant Cell. 2005;17:116-31 pubmed..This study demonstrates the functional roles of a steroid binding protein in growth regulation in higher plants. ..
- Liu L, Furuta H, Minami A, Zheng T, Jia W, Nanjo K, et al. A novel mutation, Ser159Pro in the NeuroD1/BETA2 gene contributes to the development of diabetes in a Chinese potential MODY family. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;303:115-20 pubmed..These results suggest that the novel Ser159Pro mutation in the NeuroD1/BETA2 gene contributes to the development of diabetes in a Chinese potential MODY family. ..
- Zhao X, Li Z, Zhang X. G6PD-MutDB: a mutation and phenotype database of glucose-6-phosphate (G6PD) deficiency. J Bioinform Comput Biol. 2010;8 Suppl 1:101-9 pubmed..This database is available from http://188.8.131.52/mutdb. ..
- Rong Y, Qin X, Jin D, Lou W, Wu L, Wang D, et al. A phase I pilot trial of MUC1-peptide-pulsed dendritic cells in the treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer. Clin Exp Med. 2012;12:173-80 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are necessary to improve tumor rejection responses. ..
- Kua H, Liu H, Leong W, Li L, Jia D, Ma G, et al. c-Abl promotes osteoblast expansion by differentially regulating canonical and non-canonical BMP pathways and p16INK4a expression. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:727-37 pubmed publisher..These findings identify c-Abl as a regulator of BMP signalling pathways and uncover a role for c-Abl in p16(INK4a) expression and osteoprogenitor expansion. ..
- Huang X, Ding J, Effgen S, Turck F, Koornneef M. Multiple loci and genetic interactions involving flowering time genes regulate stem branching among natural variants of Arabidopsis. New Phytol. 2013;199:843-57 pubmed publisher..The consequence of allelic variation only expressed in late-flowering genotypes revealed novel and thus far unsuspected roles of several genes well characterized for their roles in flowering time control. ..
- Li F, Zhu X, Yang Y, Huang L, Xu J. TIPE2 Alleviates Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Through Regulating Macrophage Polarization. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:330-9 pubmed publisher..TIPE2 overexpression significantly decreased SLE severity. TIPE2 alleviates experimental SLE through induction of macrophage polarization to a M2 phenotype, which may be used as a promising therapeutic strategy for treating SLE. ..
- Huang Z, Song Z, Zhang P, Wu J, Huang Y. Clinical features, endoscopic polypectomy and STK11 gene mutation in a nine-month-old Peutz-Jeghers syndrome Chinese infant. World J Gastroenterol. 2016;22:3261-7 pubmed publisher..64_65het_delAT) in exon 1 in this PJS infant. The appropriate treatment method for multiple polyps in an infant must be carefully considered. Our results also show that the STK11 gene mutation is the primary cause of PJS. ..
- Wang M, Wang J, Zhang Z, Zhao Z, Zhang R, Hu X, et al. Dissecting phenotypic variation among AIS patients. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:335-42 pubmed
- Zhu Y, Nomura T, Xu Y, Zhang Y, Peng Y, Mao B, et al. ELONGATED UPPERMOST INTERNODE encodes a cytochrome P450 monooxygenase that epoxidizes gibberellins in a novel deactivation reaction in rice. Plant Cell. 2006;18:442-56 pubmed..The identification of Eui as a GA catabolism gene provides additional evidence that the GA metabolism pathway is a useful target for increasing the agronomic value of crops. ..
- Huang J, Zhang Y, Li M, Wang S, Liu W, Couble P, et al. RNA interference-mediated silencing of the bursicon gene induces defects in wing expansion of silkworm. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:697-701 pubmed..In conclusion, bursicon plays a key role in the stereotyped behavioral program involved in wing expansion. ..
- Xu R, Deng K, Zhu Y, Wu Y, Ren J, Wan M, et al. A large-scale functional approach to uncover human genes and pathways in Drosophila. Cell Res. 2008;18:1114-27 pubmed publisher..In summary, the functions of many human genes appear to be highly conserved, and the ability to identify them in Drosophila represents a powerful genetic tool for large-scale analysis of human transcripts in vivo. ..
- Li Q, Li X, Zhang F, Chen F. The identification of a novel locus for mandibular prognathism in the Han Chinese population. J Dent Res. 2011;90:53-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the authors detected a suggestive linkage for mandibular prognathism in a Han Chinese pedigree, and this finding can be combined with previous studies to further understand the genetic basis of mandibular prognathism...
- Xu Y, Wang J, Xu R, Zhao P, Wang X, Sun H, et al. Detecting 22q11.2 deletion in Chinese children with conotruncal heart defects and single nucleotide polymorphisms in the haploid TBX1 locus. BMC Med Genet. 2011;12:169 pubmed publisher..2 deletion syndrome. Those patients with both CTDs and 22q11.2 deletion generally have a typical or atypical deletion region within the TBX1 gene. Our results indicate that TBX1 genetic variants may be associated with CTDs. ..
- Lu L, Wang Y, Sun W, Liu Z, Zhang Q, Pu L, et al. Two-dimensional fluorescence in-gel electrophoresis of coronary restenosis tissues in minipigs: increased adipocyte fatty acid binding protein induces reactive oxygen species-mediated growth and migration in smooth muscle cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:572-80 pubmed publisher..Increased AFABP expression and secretory AFABP of human arterial smooth muscle cells promote growth and migration via reactive oxygen species-mediated activation. ..
- Wang E, Sun S, Qiao B, Duan W, Huang G, An Y, et al. Identification of functional mutations in GATA4 in patients with congenital heart disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62138 pubmed publisher..Together with the newly reported mutations, approximately 110 non-synonymous mutations have currently been identified in GATA4. Our future analysis will explore why the evolutionarily conserved GATA4 appears to be hypermutable. ..
- Gao Q, Zhao Y, Wang X, Guo W, Gao S, Wei L, et al. Activating mutations in PTPN3 promote cholangiocarcinoma cell proliferation and migration and are associated with tumor recurrence in patients. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1397-407 pubmed publisher..We searched for mutations in human ICC tumor samples and investigated how they affect ICC cell function...
- Liu X, Zhang Y, Liu T, Hsiao K, Zhang J, Gu X, et al. Correlation of ATP7B genotype with phenotype in Chinese patients with Wilson disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:590-3 pubmed..55%, 88.23% and 69.49% respectively. 1384del17bp is a novel mutation found in WD patients. R778L is the most common mutation of ATP7B gene. There is a correlation between R778L and hepatic manifestations in WD patient. ..
- Guo Q, Qin S, Zhou S, He L, Ma D, Zhang Y, et al. Unbalanced translocation in an adult patient with premature ovarian failure and mental retardation detected by spectral karyotyping and array-comparative genomic hybridization. Eur J Clin Invest. 2009;39:729-37 pubmed publisher..The phenotype of partial monosomy X and partial trisomy 1q is much attenuated in case of unbalanced translocation (X;1) in adulthood probably owing to skewed X inactivation in derivative X chromosome. ..
- Cao Z, Yu Q, Sun Y, Lu Y, Cui Y, Yang Z. A point mutation in the pentatricopeptide repeat motif of the AtECB2 protein causes delayed chloroplast development. J Integr Plant Biol. 2011;53:258-69 pubmed publisher..As ecb2-2 can survive and set seeds, this mutant can be used for further investigation of RNA editing and chloroplast development in arabidopsis. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang B, Yan D, Dong W, Yang W, Li Q, et al. Two Arabidopsis cytochrome P450 monooxygenases, CYP714A1 and CYP714A2, function redundantly in plant development through gibberellin deactivation. Plant J. 2011;67:342-53 pubmed publisher..The two P450s may also function in early stages of the GA biosynthetic pathway. Our results also suggest that ELA2 could be an excellent tool for molecular breeding for high yield potential in cereal crops. ..
- Mai Y, Wang L, Yang H. A gain-of-function mutation in IAA7/AXR2 confers late flowering under short-day light in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2011;53:480-92 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that IAA7/AXR2 might act to inhibit the timing of floral transition under SDs, at least in part, by negatively regulating the expressions of the GA20ox1 and GA20ox2 genes. ..
- Yang W, Zhang J, Wang H, Gao P, Singh M, Shen K, et al. Angiotensin II downregulates catalase expression and activity in vascular adventitial fibroblasts through an AT1R/ERK1/2-dependent pathway. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;358:21-9 pubmed publisher..These in vitro results indicate that Ang II induces ERK1/2 activation, contributing to the downregulation of CAT as well as promoting oxidative stress and adventitial fibroblast phenotypic differentiation in an AT1R-mediated manner...
- Fang Z, Zhang Y, Cai M, Zhang J, Zhang Y, Zhou X. Improved gene targeting frequency in marine-derived filamentous fungus Aspergillus glaucus by disrupting ligD. J Appl Genet. 2012;53:355-62 pubmed publisher..The AgligD-deficient transformant, as the first NHEJ-defective mutant in the field of marine-derived filamentous fungus, will help in expediting studies of molecular biology of marine-derived microorganisms. ..
- Wang Y, Wang Q, Yang M, Zhang Y. Proteomic analysis of a twin-arginine translocation-deficient mutant unravel its functions involved in stress adaptation and virulence in fish pathogen Edwardsiella tarda. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2013;343:145-55 pubmed publisher..tarda EIB202 vs. ?tatABCD. The results revealed a large repertoire of differentially expressed proteins (n = 61), shedding light on the Tat system associated with virulence and stress-associated processes in E. tarda. ..
- Liu C, Yin H, Gao P, Hu X, Yang J, Liu Z, et al. Phosphatidylserine synthase 1 is required for inflorescence meristem and organ development in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2013;55:682-95 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PSS1 plays essential roles in inflorescence meristem maintenance through the WUS-CLV pathway, and in leaf and internode development by differentially regulating the class I KNOX genes. ..
- Lv L, Liang W, Ye M, Zhang J, Zhang H, Xue G, et al. Thrombospondin-4 ablation reduces macrophage recruitment in adipose tissue and neointima and suppresses injury-induced restenosis in mice. Atherosclerosis. 2016;247:70-7 pubmed publisher..Recombinant Thbs4 promoted macrophage adhesion to VSMCs, and enhanced VSMC proliferation and migration. Collectively, these data highlight the significance of Thbs4 in regulating macrophage accumulation and treating restenosis. ..
- Shen C, She J. [Human leukocyte antigen genes to genetic predisposition in diffuse panbronchiolitis]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2008;31:272-6 pubmed..The candidate genes responsible for the disease susceptibility of DPB is located within HLA class I region between A and B loci. HLA-A2 may be a genetic factor for the relatively low incidence of DPB in the Chinese population. ..
- Shi Y, Ding Z, Zhou J, Qiu S, Fan J. Prognostic significance of Beclin 1-dependent apoptotic activity in hepatocellular carcinoma. Autophagy. 2009;5:380-2 pubmed
- Liu L, Wang Z, Wang X, Zhu Q, Wang J. ABCB11 gene mutations in Chinese children with progressive intrahepatic cholestasis and low gamma glutamyltransferase. Liver Int. 2010;30:809-15 pubmed publisher..ABCB11 gene mutations causing PFIC2 have been reported in some population groups, but not in mainland Chinese...
- Zhang J, Wu L, Qu J, Bai C, Merrilees M, Black P. Pro-inflammatory phenotype of COPD fibroblasts not compatible with repair in COPD lung. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:1522-32 pubmed publisher..Versican inhibits assembly of tropoelastin into insoluble elastin and we conclude that the pro-inflammatory phenotype of COPD fibroblasts is not compatible with repair of elastic fibres. ..
- Xu B, Gou J, Li F, Shangguan X, Zhao B, Yang C, et al. A cotton BURP domain protein interacts with ?-expansin and their co-expression promotes plant growth and fruit production. Mol Plant. 2013;6:945-58 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that engineering cell wall protein partners has a great potential in promoting plant growth and crop yield. ..
- Guo X, Huang X, Wu Y, Liu D, Lu H, Kim Y, et al. Down-regulation of hydrogen sulfide biosynthesis accompanies murine interstitial cells of Cajal dysfunction in partial ileal obstruction. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48249 pubmed publisher..The down regulation of endogenous H(2)S biosynthesis is related to over expression of TNF-? in obstructed small intestine. TNF-?-mediated mSCF down-regulation is not the only reason of partial intestinal obstruction-induced loss of ICC. ..
- Liu Q, Chen T, Chen H, Zhang M, Li N, Lu Z, et al. Triptolide (PG-490) induces apoptosis of dendritic cells through sequential p38 MAP kinase phosphorylation and caspase 3 activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:980-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that the anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive activities of triptolide may be due, in part, to its apoptosis-inducing effects on DCs. ..
- Jiang Y, Wang W, Wang J, Lu Y, Chen Y, Jin L, et al. Functional regulatory variants of MCL1 contribute to enhanced promoter activity and reduced risk of lung cancer in nonsmokers: implications for context-dependent phenotype of an antiapoptotic and antiproliferative gene in solid tumor. Cancer. 2012;118:2085-95 pubmed publisher
- Niu Y, Guo F. Nitric oxide regulates dark-induced leaf senescence through EIN2 in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2012;54:516-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that EIN2 is involved in the regulation of early leaf senescence caused by NO deficiency, but NO deficiency caused by NOS1/NOA1 mutations does not affect ethylene signaling. ..
- Xu T, Zhao J, Hu P, Dong Z, Li J, Zhang H, et al. Pentachlorophenol exposure causes Warburg-like effects in zebrafish embryos at gastrulation stage. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;277:183-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated that PCP causes a Warburg-like effect on zebrafish embryos during gastrulation, and the affected embryos had the phenotype of developmental delay...
- Liu F, Zhang Y, Zhang X, Chen H. Transfection of the nm23-H1 gene into human hepatocarcinoma cell line inhibits the expression of sialyl Lewis X, alpha1,3 fucosyltransferase VII, and metastatic potential. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2002;128:189-96 pubmed..These findings reveal that the down-regulation of alpha1,3 FucT-VII and its product, SLe(x), is one of the mechanisms to explain the metastasis-suppressive effect of the nm23-H1 gene. ..
- Huang W, Pi L, Liang W, Xu B, Wang H, Cai R, et al. The proteolytic function of the Arabidopsis 26S proteasome is required for specifying leaf adaxial identity. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2479-92 pubmed..Together, our findings reveal that posttranslational regulation is essential in proper leaf patterning. ..
- Zhou Y, Zhao Y, Cui B, Gu L, Zhu S, Li J, et al. RET proto-oncogene mutations are restricted to codons 634 and 918 in mainland Chinese families with MEN2A and MEN2B. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2007;67:570-6 pubmed..In this paper we present the phenotype-genotype correlation of 20 unrelated Chinese families with 15 cases of MEN2A and five cases of MEN2B...
- Han Y, Huang L, Liu C, Yang S, Li J, Lin Z, et al. Characterization of hepatitis B virus reverse transcriptase sequences in Chinese treatment naive patients. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:1417-23 pubmed publisher..Without antiviral pressure, HBV strains evolved at a normal speed. In depth sequence analysis implied that viral replication might be correlated with its variability, which needs to be further investigated. ..
- Xu A, He L, Li Z, Xu Y, Li M, Fu X, et al. Intergenic and repeat transcription in human, chimpanzee and macaque brains measured by RNA-Seq. PLoS Comput Biol. 2010;6:e1000843 pubmed publisher..Some of these transcripts may play roles in transcriptional regulation and contribute to evolution of human-specific phenotypic traits. ..
- Zou H, Zhao W, Zhang X, Han Y, Zou L, Chen G. Identification of an avirulence gene, avrxa5, from the rice pathogen Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae. Sci China Life Sci. 2010;53:1440-9 pubmed publisher..The specificity of avrxa5 toward recessive xa5 in rice could help us better understand the molecular mechanisms of plant-pathogen specific interactions. ..
- Cai Y, Xu S, Wu J, Long Q. Coupled modelling of tumour angiogenesis, tumour growth and blood perfusion. J Theor Biol. 2011;279:90-101 pubmed publisher..This simulation framework can be a foundation for further applications such as drug delivery and anti-angiogenic therapies. ..
- Li H, Xu Y, Fu Q, Li C. Effects of multiple agents on epithelial differentiation of rabbit adipose-derived stem cells in 3D culture. Tissue Eng Part A. 2012;18:1760-70 pubmed publisher..The results showed that the establishment of an epithelial-specific microenvironment may be a feasible way for epithelial differentiation of ASCs in vitro, and provided an alternative for research on epithelium regeneration. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Tang X, Qian Y, Gao P, et al. Association of a functional single-nucleotide polymorphism in the ALDH2 gene with essential hypertension depends on drinking behavior in a Chinese Han population. J Hum Hypertens. 2013;27:181-6 pubmed publisher..Further functional research is warranted to elucidate the role of rs671 in the variation of BP and lipid levels in EH. ..
- Huang H, Jin T, He J, Ding Q, Xu D, Wang L, et al. Progesterone and adipoQ receptor 11 links ras signaling to cardiac development in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2158-70 pubmed publisher..This study not only provides in vivo evidence that PAQR11 plays a critical role in heart morphogenesis but also pinpoints the importance of compartmentalized Ras signaling during development. ..
- Cheng R, Li M, Zhang H, Guo Y, Chen X, Tao J, et al. Common FLG mutation K4671X not associated with atopic dermatitis in Han Chinese in a family association study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49158 pubmed publisher..AD patients from none-IV family trios have low probability of carrying FLG mutations. The present family samples confirmed the susceptibility of mutation 3321delA to AD in Han Chinese. K4671X was not a pathogenic mutation. ..
- Chen C, Chen H, Shan J, Zhu M, Shi M, Gao J, et al. Genetic and physiological analysis of a novel type of interspecific hybrid weakness in rice. Mol Plant. 2013;6:716-28 pubmed publisher..Based on the genetic inheritance of hybrid weakness, LOC_Os11g07240 is implicated as the candidate gene for Hwi1. Functional analysis of Hwi1 will expand our knowledge of the regulation of hybrid weakness in rice. ..
- Zhu C, Tan H, Cheng T, Shen H, Shao J, Guo Y, et al. Human ?-defensin 3 inhibits antibiotic-resistant Staphylococcus biofilm formation. J Surg Res. 2013;183:204-13 pubmed publisher..HBD-3 has the potential to eliminate the biofilm formation of Staphylococcus, especially antibiotic-resistant strains, effectively. ..
- Niu N, Liang W, Yang X, Jin W, Wilson Z, Hu J, et al. EAT1 promotes tapetal cell death by regulating aspartic proteases during male reproductive development in rice. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1445 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that ETERNAL TAPETUM 1 promotes aspartic proteases triggering plant programmed cell death, and reveals a dynamic regulatory cascade in male reproductive development in rice. ..
- Yi L, Wang J, Guo X, Gu Y, Tu W, Guo G, et al. STAT4 is a genetic risk factor for systemic sclerosis in a Chinese population. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2013;26:473-478 pubmed..It also revealed different genetic aspects of SSc subsets in a Han Chinese population. ..
- Li J, Zhang Q, Gao Z, Wang F, Duan K, Ye Z, et al. Genome-wide identification and comparative expression analysis of NBS-LRR-encoding genes upon Colletotrichum gloeosporioides infection in two ecotypes of Fragaria vesca. Gene. 2013;527:215-27 pubmed publisher..gloeosporioides in F. vesca. These FvNBSs hold potential in characterizing molecular components and developing novel markers associated with anthracnose resistance in strawberry...
- Anso E, Weinberg S, Diebold L, Thompson B, Malinge S, Schumacker P, et al. The mitochondrial respiratory chain is essential for haematopoietic stem cell function. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:614-625 pubmed publisher..Thus, respiration is dispensable for adult or fetal HSC proliferation, but essential for fetal HSC differentiation and maintenance of adult HSC quiescence. ..
- Wang Y, Bian Y, Luo J, Lu M, Xiong Y, Guo S, et al. Cholesterol and fatty acids regulate cysteine ubiquitylation of ACAT2 through competitive oxidation. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:808-819 pubmed publisher..This unconventional cysteine ubiquitylation of ACAT2 constitutes an important mechanism for sensing lipid-overload-induced ROS and fine-tuning lipid homeostasis. ..
- Fan Y, Jin Z, Tong J, Li W, Pasciak M, Gamian A, et al. Rothia amarae sp. nov., from sludge of a foul water sewer. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2002;52:2257-60 pubmed..Therefore, it is proposed that this bacterium be classified in the genus Rothia as Rothia amarae sp. nov. The type strain is strain J18(T) (= AS 4.1721(T) = JCM 11375(T)). ..
- Fei Q, Boden S, Sangadala S, Viggeswarapu M, Liu Y, Titus L. Truncated human LMP-1 triggers differentiation of C2C12 cells to an osteoblastic phenotype in vitro. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2007;39:693-700 pubmed..Therefore, C(2)C(12) cells are an appropriate model system for the examination of LMP-1 induction of the osteoblastic phenotype and the study of mechanisms of LMP-1 action. ..
- Zhang H, Guo Y, Wang W, Shi M, Chen X, Yao Z. Mutations in the filaggrin gene in Han Chinese patients with atopic dermatitis. Allergy. 2011;66:420-7 pubmed publisher..Our study increases the total number of reported FLG mutations. Moreover, we further confirm that FLG mutations are strong predisposing factors for AD in Han Chinese. ..
- Huang Y, Yang Z, Ye Z, Li Q, Wen J, Tao X, et al. Lipocalin-2, glucose metabolism and chronic low-grade systemic inflammation in Chinese people. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:11 pubmed publisher..31 (95% CI 1.21-1.69, p < 0.001). Our findings suggest that elevated serum lipocalin-2 is closely and independently associated with impaired glucose regulation and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Xie F, Qiu L, Wen C. Possible modulation of Arabidopsis ETR1 N-terminal signaling by CTR1. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:1243-5 pubmed publisher..We address possible modulations of ETR1 N-terminal signaling with docking of CTR1 on the ETR1 HK domain. ..
- Jing Y, Han Z, Liu Y, Sun K, Zhang S, Jiang G, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells in inflammation microenvironment accelerates hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43272 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest that MSCs in tumor inflammatory microenvironment could promote tumor metastasis through TGF?-induced EMT. ..
- Hu J, Sun S, Jiang Q, Sun S, Wang W, Gui Y, et al. Yes-associated protein (yap) is required for early embryonic development in zebrafish (danio rerio). Int J Biol Sci. 2013;9:267-78 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results revealed that zebrafish yap coordinately regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis and is required for dorsoventral axis formation, gastrulation, cardiogenesis, hematopoiesis, and somitogenesis. ..
- Li N, Chang G, Xu Y, Ding Y, Li G, Yu T, et al. Clinical and Molecular Characterization of Patients with Fructose 1,6-Bisphosphatase Deficiency. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This report not only expands upon the known spectrum of variation of the FBP1 gene, but also deepens our understanding of the clinical features of FBPase deficiency. ..
- Hu J, Zhou G, Wang N, Wang Y. MTRR A66G polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;124:779-84 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this meta-analysis strongly suggests that MTRR A66G polymorphism is not associated with breast cancer risk, especially in Caucasians and Asians. ..
- Zhu J, Qin Y, Liu T, Wang J, Zheng X. Prioritization of candidate disease genes by topological similarity between disease and protein diffusion profiles. BMC Bioinformatics. 2013;14 Suppl 5:S5 pubmed publisher..A recent comparative study showed that diffusion-based methods achieve the state-of-the-art predictive performance...
- Ding L, Wu J, Li D, Wang H, Zhu B, Lu W, et al. Effects of CCN3 on rat cartilage endplate chondrocytes cultured under serum deprivation in vitro. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:2017-22 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CCN3 may represent a novel therapeutic target for the prevention of CEP degeneration. ..
- Zhu D, Fang Y, Gao K, Shen J, Zhong T, Li F. Vegfa Impacts Early Myocardium Development in Zebrafish. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The heart morphogenesis is regulated by Vegfa in a dose-dependent manner, and later endocardium defects may be secondary to impaired myocardium-endocardium crosstalk. ..
- Zhu Y, Li Z, Xu B, Li H, Wang L, Dong A, et al. Subcellular localizations of AS1 and AS2 suggest their common and distinct roles in plant development. J Integr Plant Biol. 2008;50:897-905 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that AS1, AS2 and the AS1-AS2 protein complex may have distinct functions, which are all required for normal plant development. ..
- Dong P, Jia N, Xu Z, Liu Y, Li D, Feng Y. Silencing of IQGAP1 by shRNA inhibits the invasion of ovarian carcinoma HO-8910PM cells in vitro. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2008;27:77 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the hypothesis that IQGAP1 promotes tumor progression and identify IQGAP1 as a potential therapeutic strategy for ovarian cancer and some other tumors with over-expression of the IQGAP1 gene. ..
- Liu X, Zuo K, Zhang F, Li Y, Xu J, Zhang L, et al. Identification and expression profile of GbAGL2, a C-class gene from Gossypium barbadense. J Biosci. 2009;34:941-51 pubmed..Our findings suggest that GbAGL2 might not only specify the identity of floral organs but also play a potential key role in ovary or fibre development in cotton. ..
- Liu X, Furuya T, Li D, Xu J, Cao X, Li Q, et al. Connexin 26 expression correlates with less aggressive phenotype of intestinal type-gastric carcinomas. Int J Mol Med. 2010;25:709-16 pubmed..023, HR=2.019). Our findings suggest that aberrant expression of Cx26 in cytoplasm plays a tumor-suppressor role in gastric carcinoma and is an independent biomarker for favorable prognosis in intestinal-type gastric carcinoma. ..
- Xiao B, Zhang J, Ji X, Jiang W, Hu J, Tao J. [Two cases of partial trisomy 8p derived from paternal reciprocal translocation or maternal insertion translocation: clinical features and genetic abnormalities]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2011;28:247-50 pubmed publisher..Parental karyotype analysis could help define the aberrant type and recurrent risk evaluation. In contract to routine karyotype analysis, aberrant regions could be mapped by array CGH with higher resolution and accuracy. ..