Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on osteoarthritis in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- He J, Zhang J, Wang D. Down-regulation of microRNA-216b inhibits IL-1Î²-induced chondrocyte injury by up-regulation of Smad3. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that miR-216b contributes to progression of OA by directly targeting Smad3, providing a potential therapeutic target for treatment of OA. ..
- Wang Y, Xu Z, Wang J, Xu S. DUSP19, a downstream effector of leptin, inhibits chondrocyte apoptosis via dephosphorylating JNK during osteoarthritis pathogenesis. Mol Biosyst. 2016;12:721-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the activity of JNK stimulated by leptin was suppressed by DUSP19 overexpression. The present study indicated that DUSP19, a downstream of leptin, inhibited apoptosis of chondrocytes through dephosphorylating JNK. ..
- Zhang Q, Wu J, Cao Q, Xiao L, Wang L, He D, et al. A critical role of Cyr61 in interleukin-17-dependent proliferation of fibroblast-like synoviocytes in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:3602-12 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Cyr61 plays a critical role in IL-17-mediated proliferation of FLS in RA and likely contributes to hyperplasia of synovial lining cells and eventually to joint destruction in patients with RA. ..
- Wang X, Li F, Fan C, Wang C, Ruan H. Analysis of isoform specific ERK signaling on the effects of interleukin-1? on COX-2 expression and PGE2 production in human chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:23-9 pubmed publisher..Although, inhibition of both ERK1 and ERK2 would be a more effective, each ERK isoform may sufficiently regulate these effects in human chondrocytes. ERK1 or ERK2 may be potential therapeutic target for the inflammatory process of OA. ..
- Fan L, He D, Wang Q, Zong M, Zhang H, Yang L, et al. Citrullinated vimentin stimulates proliferation, pro-inflammatory cytokine secretion, and PADI4 and RANKL expression of fibroblast-like synoviocytes in rheumatoid arthritis. Scand J Rheumatol. 2012;41:354-8 pubmed publisher..cVim seems to have remarkable biological effects on RA as confirmed by the stimulation of proliferation capacity, pro-inflammatory cytokine secretion, and PADI4 and RANKL expression in the FLSs of RA patients. ..
- Liu J, Cai W, Zhang H, He C, Deng L. Rs143383 in the growth differentiation factor 5 (GDF5) gene significantly associated with osteoarthritis (OA)-a comprehensive meta-analysis. Int J Med Sci. 2013;10:312-9 pubmed publisher..Although the effect size of the association between OA and GDF5 is small, there is suggestive evidence for an association. Further studies are needed to clarify what variant of GDF5 (or some nearby gene) accounts for this association. ..
- Tu Y, Xue H, Francis W, Davies A, Pallister I, Kanamarlapudi V, et al. Lactoferrin inhibits dexamethasone-induced chondrocyte impairment from osteoarthritic cartilage through up-regulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 and suppression of FASL, FAS, and Caspase 3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:249-55 pubmed publisher..This study may contribute to further investigating the clinical application of LF on OA. ..
- Li C, Liang Q, Zhou Q, Menga E, Cui X, Shu B, et al. A continuous observation of the degenerative process in the intervertebral disc of Smad3 gene knock-out mice. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:1363-9 pubmed publisher..And the analysis of real-time PCR showed that the mRNA expression of Col2alpha1, aggrecan, and TGF-beta1 decreased, while that of Col10alpha1 increased. Smad3 gene knock-out mice develop IVD degeneration with growth. ..
- Zhou J, Yu G, Cao C. [Treatment of serious subtalar joint osteoarthritis and stage II posterior tibial tendon dysfunction by subtalar arthrodesis]. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2007;21:854-6 pubmed..To assess the curative effect of the subtalar arthrodesis on the serious subtalar joint with the posterior tibial tendon dysfunction...
- Zhang Z, Shen C, Li H, Fan Q, Ding J, Jin F, et al. Leptin induces the apoptosis of chondrocytes in an in vitro model of osteoarthritis via the JAK2â€‘STAT3 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:3684-90 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated the importance of leptin as a therapeutic target for the treatment of OA in the overweight population. ..
- Wu X, Zhou Z, Zou J. MicroRNA-181 inhibits proliferation and promotes apoptosis of chondrocytes in osteoarthritis by targeting PTEN. Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;95:437-444 pubmed publisher..MiR-181 could up-regulate the expressions of caspase-3, PARP, MMP-2, and MMP-9, and thereby inhibit cell proliferation and promote apoptosis of chondrocytes in OA by targeting PTEN. ..
- Wang Y, Xu J, Zhang X, Wang C, Huang Y, Dai K, et al. TNF-Î±-induced LRG1 promotes angiogenesis and mesenchymal stem cell migration in the subchondral bone during osteoarthritis. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2715 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of TNF-Î± and LRG1 by Lenalidomide could be a potential therapeutic approach. ..
- Wei Y, Zeng W, Wan R, Wang J, Zhou Q, Qiu S, et al. Chondrogenic differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells from osteoarthritic chondrocytes in alginate matrix. Eur Cell Mater. 2012;23:1-12 pubmed..This work adds to our understanding of potential solutions to osteoarthritic cell replacement problem. ..