Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications397 found, 100 shown here
- Ni X, Ji C, Cao G, Cheng H, Guo L, Gu S, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the protein 4.1O gene, a novel member of the protein 4.1 family with focal expression in ovary. J Hum Genet. 2003;48:101-6 pubmed..The 4.1O gene consists of 14 exons and 13 introns and was mapped to Chromosome 9q21-9q22 by bioinformatics analysis. ..
- Pan W, Huang D, Zhang Q, Qu L, Zhang D, Zhang X, et al. Fusion of two malaria vaccine candidate antigens enhances product yield, immunogenicity, and antibody-mediated inhibition of parasite growth in vitro. J Immunol. 2004;172:6167-74 pubmed..9. The combination of the extremely high yield of the protein and enhancement of its immune response provides a basis to develop an effective and affordable malaria vaccine. ..
- Dou T, Ji C, Gu S, Chen F, Xu J, Ye X, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel splice variant of human Rab18 gene (RAB18). DNA Seq. 2005;16:230-4 pubmed..RT-PCR shows that the cDNA has different expression pattern with RAB18 and is highly expressed in testis. ..
- Li K, Yang J, Attia K, Su W, He G, Qian X. Cloning and characterization of OsORC2, a new member of rice origin recognition complex. Biotechnol Lett. 2005;27:1355-9 pubmed..The tissue-specific expression pattern of OsORC2 reveals that it is abundant in roots, seedling and inflorescence meristem, while its expression level is much lower in mature leaves and shoot. ..
- Yao H, Liao Z, Wu Q, Lei G, Liu Z, Chen D, et al. Antioxidative flavanone glycosides from the branches and leaves of Viscum coloratum. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2006;54:133-5 pubmed..All the compounds showed potent albeit varied degrees of antioxidative activities and the structure-activity relationship is discussed...
- Xu Z, Gao W, Mei Q, Chen J, Lu J. The novel gene LRP15 is regulated by DNA methylation and confers increased efficiency of DNA repair of ultraviolet-induced DNA damage. BMB Rep. 2008;41:230-5 pubmed..From these results we conclude that the expression of LRP15 is controlled by methylation in its promoter in HeLa cells, and LRP15 confers resistance to UV damage and accelerates the DNA repair rate. ..
- Xu P, Zhu K, Jin Y, Chen Y, Sun X, Deng M, et al. Setdb2 restricts dorsal organizer territory and regulates left-right asymmetry through suppressing fgf8 activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:2521-6 pubmed publisher..These results provide unique evidence that a SET domain-containing protein potentially involved in the epigenetic control negatively regulates dorsal organizer formation during early embryonic development. ..
- Li X, Lu Y, Ling Y, Fu Q, Xu J, Zang G, et al. Clinical and molecular characterization of Wilson's disease in China: identification of 14 novel mutations. BMC Med Genet. 2011;12:6 pubmed publisher..Four exons (8, 12, 13, and 16) and two mutations (p.Arg778Leu, p.Pro992Leu) should be considered high priority for cost-effective testing in China. ..
- Wu Y, Kang Q, Shen Y, Su W, Bai L. Cloning and functional analysis of the naphthomycin biosynthetic gene cluster in Streptomyces sp. CS. Mol Biosyst. 2011;7:2459-69 pubmed publisher..The information presented here expands our understanding of the biosynthesis of naphthalenic ansamycins, and may pave the way for engineering ansamacrolactams with improved pharmaceutical properties. ..
- Zhang Z, Chen L, Gao L, Lin K, Zhu L, Lu Y, et al. Structural basis for the recognition of Asef by adenomatous polyposis coli. Cell Res. 2012;22:372-86 pubmed publisher..Our structures thus elucidate the molecular mechanism of Asef recognition by APC, as well as provide a potential target for pharmaceutical intervention against cancers. ..
- Ping J, Wang Y, Wang J, Li X, Li Y, Hao P. Negatively cooperative binding properties of human cytochrome P450 2E1 with monocyclic substrates. Curr Drug Metab. 2012;13:1024-31 pubmed..All these points can provide useful information for the cooperative binding in human CYP2E1, revealing the detailed mechanism for the non-hyperbolic kinetic behaviors. ..
- Wu C, Wei W, Li C, Li Q, Sheng Q, Zeng R. Delicate analysis of post-translational modifications on Dishevelled 3. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:3829-37 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study elucidated the existence of a novel post-translational modification on Dvl3 and provided a delicate experimental procedure for analysis of modification on low abundant proteins. ..
- Jin X, Li W, Cheng L, Li S, Guo X, Yu A, et al. Two novel short C-type lectin from Chinese mitten crab, Eriocheir sinensis, are induced in response to LPS challenged. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;33:1149-58 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the data presented here demonstrate the successful isolation of two novel C-type lectins from the Chinese mitten crab, and their role in the innate immune system of an invertebrate...
- Guo P, Nie Q, Lan J, Ge J, Qiu Y, Mao Q. C-Myc negatively controls the tumor suppressor PTEN by upregulating miR-26a in glioblastoma multiforme cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:186-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that c-Myc modulates genes associated with oncogenesis in GBM through deregulation of miRNAs via the c-Myc-miR-26a-PTEN signaling pathway. This may be of clinical relevance. ..
- Li S, Song W, Jiang M, Zeng L, Zhu X, Chen J. Phosphorylation of cyclin Y by CDK14 induces its ubiquitination and degradation. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1989-96 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into autoregulation of the cyclin Y/CDK14 pair in CDK14 activation and cyclin Y turnover which is a process that is involved in membrane proximal signaling. ..
- Bai F, Yan J, Qu Z, Zhang H, Xu J, Ye M, et al. Phylogenetic analysis reveals that a dwarfing disease on different cereal crops in China is due to rice black streaked dwarf virus (RBSDV). Virus Genes. 2002;25:201-6 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis indicates that Chinese viral isolates found to infect rice, maize, wheat and sorghum and leading to similar cereal dwarfing manifestations could be grouped to the same virus species, RBSDV...
- Cui Y, Jia Q, Yin Q, Lin G, Kong M, Yang Z. The GDC1 gene encodes a novel ankyrin domain-containing protein that is essential for grana formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:130-41 pubmed publisher..This shows that GDC1 may play an indirect role in LHCII trimerization during grana formation. ..
- Yin J, Shen Y, Yuan Z, Lu W, Xu Y, Cao J. Prevalence of the Cryptosporidium pig genotype II in pigs from the Yangtze River Delta, China. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20738 pubmed publisher..The present study was therefore aimed at characterizing the distribution of Cryptosporidium species in pigs from two different cities, Shaoxing and Shanghai, from the Yangtze River delta...
- Jiang Y, Xu X, Qing X, Pan W. Identification and characterization of six novel tetraspanins from Schistosoma japonicum. Parasit Vectors. 2011;4:190 pubmed publisher..Availability of the novel proteins and information on their expression profile and location provided a basis for further investigation of the TSP proteins for their biological functions and as vaccine candidates. ..
- Zhang L, Chai Y, Yang T, Wu H. Identification of novel OTOF compound heterozygous mutations by targeted next-generation sequencing in a Chinese patient with auditory neuropathy spectrum disorder. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2013;77:1749-52 pubmed publisher..Targeted next-generation sequencing is effective for molecular diagnosis of ANSD and may provide important information for clinical management of this disease. ..
- Zheng S, Sun M, Zhang K, Gu J, Guo Z, Tian S, et al. Profiling post-translational modifications of histones in neural differentiation of embryonic stem cells using liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1017-1018:36-44 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that HPLC-MS-based quantitative proteomics has a considerable advantage on quantification of combinational PTMs and expands our understanding of HPTMs in the differentiation. ..
- Liu Q, Liu W, Zeng B, Wang G, Hao D, Huang Y. Deletion of the Bombyx mori odorant receptor co-receptor (BmOrco) impairs olfactory sensitivity in silkworms. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;86:58-67 pubmed publisher..This study on BmOrco function provides insights into the insect olfactory system and also provides a paradigm for agroforestry pest control. ..
- Fan Y, Yu L, Tu Q, Gong R, Jiang Y, Zhang Q, et al. Molecular cloning, genomic organization, and mapping of beta 4GalT-VIb, a brain abundant member of beta 4-galactosyltransferase gene family, to human chromosome 18q12.1. DNA Seq. 2002;13:1-8 pubmed..In addition, the most conserved motif composed of 41 residues, LXYX3FGGVSXL(T/S)X2 QFX2INGFPNX(Y/F)WGWGGEDDDX2NR, was defined according to 17 sequences of beta 4GalTs from seven different organisms for the first time. ..
- Ling C, Yao Y, Zheng Y, Wei H, Wang L, Wu X, et al. The C-terminal appended domain of human cytosolic leucyl-tRNA synthetase is indispensable in its interaction with arginyl-tRNA synthetase in the multi-tRNA synthetase complex. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34755-63 pubmed..Our results also indicate that the two molecules interact with each other only through their appended domains. ..
- Zhu Y, Nomura T, Xu Y, Zhang Y, Peng Y, Mao B, et al. ELONGATED UPPERMOST INTERNODE encodes a cytochrome P450 monooxygenase that epoxidizes gibberellins in a novel deactivation reaction in rice. Plant Cell. 2006;18:442-56 pubmed..The identification of Eui as a GA catabolism gene provides additional evidence that the GA metabolism pathway is a useful target for increasing the agronomic value of crops. ..
- Du L, Zhang Z, Luo X, Chen K, Shen X, Jiang H. Binding investigation of human 5-lipoxygenase with its inhibitors by SPR technology correlating with molecular docking simulation. J Biochem. 2006;139:715-23 pubmed..This current work has potential for application in structure-based 5-LOX inhibitor discovery. ..
- Wen T, Bao K, Li H. Blocking BE301622 gene expression by RNAi initiates differentiation of neural stem cells in rat. Cell Biochem Funct. 2007;25:775-9 pubmed..Expression of mRNA was tested through RT-PCR. The result showed the expression of BE301622 gene was specificially suppressed. This finding effectively validated that BE301622 is involved in the differentiation of NSCs. ..
- Xu Y, Barrantes F, Shen J, Luo X, Zhu W, Chen K, et al. Blocking of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor ion channel by chlorpromazine, a noncompetitive inhibitor: A molecular dynamics simulation study. J Phys Chem B. 2006;110:20640-8 pubmed
- Zou S, Jiang X, He Z, Yuan J, Yuan X, Li S. Hox gene clusters in blunt snout bream, Megalobrama amblycephala and comparison with those of zebrafish, fugu and medaka genomes. Gene. 2007;400:60-70 pubmed..Additionally, the relationship between the decrease of GC level and the loss of conservation and function of one of the paralogous genes from twin clusters is discussed. ..
- Zha M, Guo Q, Zhang Y, Yu B, Ou Y, Zhong C, et al. Molecular mechanism of ADP-ribose hydrolysis by human NUDT5 from structural and kinetic studies. J Mol Biol. 2008;379:568-78 pubmed publisher..Structural comparison of different ADPRases also suggests that most dimeric ADPRases may share a similar catalytic mechanism of ADPR hydrolysis. ..
- Fu Q, Zhou C, Gao H, Jiang Y, Zhou Z, Hong J, et al. Structural basis for ubiquitin recognition by a novel domain from human phospholipase A2-activating protein. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19043-52 pubmed publisher..This study provides structural basis and biochemical information for Ub recognition of the novel PFU domain from a PLAA family protein that may connect ubiquitination and degradation in endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation. ..
- Wang X, Gong W, Liu Y, Yang Z, Zhou W, Wang M, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel secreted peptide, INM02, and regulation of its expression by glucose. J Endocrinol. 2009;202:355-64 pubmed publisher..ELISA analysis shows that secretion of INM02 is significantly augmented by high glucose in vitro. It is speculated that as a novel secreted protein, INM02 is associated with functions of pancreatic islets, especially of beta-cells. ..
- Liu W, Chen A, Luo L, Sun J, Cao L, Yu G, et al. Characterization and expression analysis of Medicago truncatula ROP GTPase family during the early stage of symbiosis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:639-52 pubmed publisher..These results might suggest a role for some ROP GTPases in the regulation of early stages during rhizobial infection in symbiosis...
- Su F, Xu K, Zhao B, Tai C, Tao F, Tang H, et al. Genome sequence of the thermophilic strain Bacillus coagulans XZL4, an efficient pentose-utilizing producer of chemicals. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:6398-9 pubmed publisher..Here we present a 2.8-Mb assembly of its genome. Simple and efficient carbohydrate metabolism systems, especially the transketolase/transaldolase pathway, make it possible to convert pentose sugars to products at high levels. ..
- Sun S, Chen L, Qin J, Ye J, Qin C, Jiang H, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization and mRNA expression of copper-binding protein hemocyanin subunit in Chinese mitten crab, Eriocheir sinensis. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;33:1222-8 pubmed publisher..This study implies that the expression levels of EsHc could be affected by dietary copper in the hepatopancreas and haemocytes, and hemocyanin may be potentially involved in the immune responses of the Chinese mitten crab. ..
- Zhang M, Dong L, Shi Z, Jiao S, Zhang Z, Zhang W, et al. Structural mechanism of CCM3 heterodimerization with GCKIII kinases. Structure. 2013;21:680-8 pubmed..CCM3 forms a stable complex with MST4 in vivo to promote cell proliferation and migration synergistically in a manner dependent on MST4 kinase activity. Collectively, our work offers a structural basis for further functional study. ..
- Bai H, Qiao H, Li F, Fu H, Jiang S, Zhang W, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of the vitellogenin receptor in oriental river prawn, Macrobrachium nipponense. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2016;194:45-55 pubmed publisher..In addition, Mn-VgR RNAi led to vitellin depletion in the oocytes and the accumulation of vitellin in the hepatopancreas. ..
- Jin X, Huang F, Yang N, Lu B, Fei J, Guo L. GABA transporter 1 transcriptional starting site exhibiting tissue specific difference. Cell Res. 2001;11:161-3 pubmed
- Pan H, Qin W, Huo K, Wan D, Yu Y, Xu Z, et al. Cloning, mapping, and characterization of a human homologue of the yeast longevity assurance gene LAG1. Genomics. 2001;77:58-64 pubmed..Furthermore, LASS2 protein was able to inhibit the colony formation of human hepatoma cells in vitro, which suggests that this gene may be involved in the regulation of cell growth. ..
- Xiao H, Huang Q, Zhang F, Bao L, Lu Y, Guo C, et al. Identification of gene expression profile of dorsal root ganglion in the rat peripheral axotomy model of neuropathic pain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:8360-5 pubmed..Our findings therefore reveal dynamic and complex changes in molecular diversity among DRG neurons after axotomy. Sequences reported in this paper have been deposited in the GenBank database (accession numbers BG 662484-BG 673712) ..
- Xu C, Brône B, Wicher D, Bozkurt O, Lu W, Huys I, et al. BmBKTx1, a novel Ca2+-activated K+ channel blocker purified from the Asian scorpion Buthus martensi Karsch. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34562-9 pubmed..As the first reported toxin active on the Drosophila Slo channel dSlo, it will also greatly facilitate studying the physiological role of BK channels in this model organism. ..
- Zhou X, He X, Liang J, Li A, Xu T, Kieser T, et al. A novel DNA modification by sulphur. Mol Microbiol. 2005;57:1428-38 pubmed..A coincidence between the Dnd phenotype and DNA modification by sulphur was demonstrated to occur in several representative bacterial genomes by the in vivo(35)S-labelling experiments...
- Ming F, Mi G, Lu Q, Yin S, Zhang S, Guo B, et al. Cloning and characterization of cDNA for the Oryza sativa phosphate transporter. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2005;10:401-11 pubmed..The data suggests that the OsLPT1 protein may be involved in enhancing phosphate uptake under conditions of Pi starvation, and in the translocation of Pi among cells in shoots to increase the efficiency of internal Pi use. ..
- Xiao S, Li D, Zhu H, Song M, Pan X, Jia P, et al. RIG-G as a key mediator of the antiproliferative activity of interferon-related pathways through enhancing p21 and p27 proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:16448-53 pubmed
- Li G, Xue H. Arabidopsis PLDzeta2 regulates vesicle trafficking and is required for auxin response. Plant Cell. 2007;19:281-95 pubmed..These results suggest that PLDzeta2 and PA are required for the normal cycling of PIN2-containing vesicles as well as for function in auxin transport and distribution, and hence auxin responses. ..
- Wu J, Tao Y, Zhang M, Howard M, Gutteridge S, Ding J. Crystal structures of Saccharomyces cerevisiae N-myristoyltransferase with bound myristoyl-CoA and inhibitors reveal the functional roles of the N-terminal region. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22185-94 pubmed..Analyses of the inhibitorenzyme interactions provide valuable information for further improvement of antifungal inhibitors targeting NMT. ..
- Huang L, McDermott A. Partial site-specific assignment of a uniformly (13)C, (15)N enriched membrane protein, light-harvesting complex 1 (LH1), by solid state NMR. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1777:1098-108 pubmed publisher..The chemical shifts of Calpha and Cbeta resonances indicated the presence of typical alpha-helical secondary structure, consistent with previous studies. ..
- Yang Y, Li J, Lin X, Yang Y, Hong K, Wang L, et al. Novel KCNA5 loss-of-function mutations responsible for atrial fibrillation. J Hum Genet. 2009;54:277-83 pubmed publisher..These findings expand the spectrum of mutations in KCNA5 linked to AF and provide new insight into the molecular mechanism involved in AF. ..
- Jiang M, Gao Y, Yang T, Zhu X, Chen J. Cyclin Y, a novel membrane-associated cyclin, interacts with PFTK1. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2171-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that binding of CCNY to PFTK1 enhances PFTK1 kinase activity and changes its intracellular location. ..
- Zhuang J, Xiong A, Peng R, Gao F, Zhu B, Zhang J, et al. Analysis of Brassica rapa ESTs: gene discovery and expression patterns of AP2/ERF family genes. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:2485-92 pubmed publisher..Only a few of the 62 AP2/ERF family genes were detected in all tissues: most were detected only in some tissues but not in others. The maximum detected was that of BraERF-B2-5, and it was recorded from seed tissue. ..
- Qin C, Chen L, Qin J, Zhao D, Zhang H, Wu P, et al. Characterization of a serine proteinase homologous (SPH) in Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:14-8 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the mRNA transcripts of EsSPH and proPO were found in ova and expressed in oosperms, suggesting that the maternal transfer of EsSPH and proPO may exit in crab, but this warrants confirmation in further research. ..
- Liu X, Zuo K, Zhang F, Li Y, Xu J, Zhang L, et al. Identification and expression profile of GbAGL2, a C-class gene from Gossypium barbadense. J Biosci. 2009;34:941-51 pubmed..Our findings suggest that GbAGL2 might not only specify the identity of floral organs but also play a potential key role in ovary or fibre development in cotton. ..
- Liu X, Yang Y, Yang Y, Lin X, Chen Y. [Novel NKX2-5 mutations identified in patients with congenital ventricular septal defects]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;89:2395-9 pubmed..63A > G: chi(2) = 3.403, P = 0.0651; c. 606G > C: chi(2) = 3.278, P = 0.0702). Novel NKX2-5 mutations are identified in patients with ASD. They may provide new insight into the molecular etiology responsible for VSD. ..
- Zhao H, Zhou Y, Pinto C, Charles Dominique P, Galindo González J, Zhang S, et al. Evolution of the sweet taste receptor gene Tas1r2 in bats. Mol Biol Evol. 2010;27:2642-50 pubmed publisher..The complexity of the ecological factors that impact the evolution of Tas1r2 calls for a better understanding of the physiological roles of sweet perception in different species. ..
- Fan K, Zhang B, Yang H, Wang H, Tan M, Hou S, et al. A humanized anti-osteopontin antibody protects from Concanavalin A induced-liver injury in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;657:144-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data strongly support that the humanized anti-osteopontin antibody, Hu23C3, may have a potential for the treatment of T cell mediated-hepatitis in human. ..
- Bao L, Huang Q, Chang L, Sun Q, Zhou J, Lu H. Cloning and characterization of two ?-glucosidase/xylosidase enzymes from yak rumen metagenome. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2012;166:72-86 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the enzymatic properties, the participation in hydrolysis of cellooligosaccharides, and the synergism with xylanase make RuBG3A and RuBG3B very interesting candidates for saccharification of both cellulose and hemicellulose. ..
- Zhu J, Shang Y, Xia C, Wang W, Wen W, Zhang M. Guanylate kinase domains of the MAGUK family scaffold proteins as specific phospho-protein-binding modules. EMBO J. 2011;30:4986-97 pubmed publisher..The discovery of the phosphorylation-dependent MAGUK GK/target interactions indicates that MAGUK scaffold-mediated signalling complex organizations are dynamically regulated. ..
- Wang Q, Wang Y, Chen L, He L, Li W, Jiang H. Expression characteristics of the SUMOylation genes SUMO-1 and Ubc9 in the developing testis and ovary of Chinese mitten crab, Eriocheir sinensis. Gene. 2012;501:135-43 pubmed publisher..The pattern of EsSUMO-1 and EsUbc9 expression in the testis and ovary suggests that SUMOylation may play an important role in spermatogenesis and oogenesis in E. sinensis. ..
- Gai Z, Zhang Z, Wang X, Tao F, Tang H, Xu P. Genome sequence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa DQ8, an efficient degrader of n-alkanes and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:6304-5 pubmed publisher..Here, we present a 6.8-Mb assembly of its genome sequence. We have annotated 23 coding sequences (CDSs) responsible for catabolism of n-alkanes and PAHs. ..
- Duan Z, Chen Y, Huang W, Shang Y, Chen P, Wang C. Linkage of autophagy to fungal development, lipid storage and virulence in Metarhizium robertsii. Autophagy. 2013;9:538-49 pubmed publisher..robertsii for fungal differentiation, lipid biogenesis and insect infection. The results advance our understanding of autophagic process in fungi and provide evidence to connect autophagy with lipid metabolism. ..
- Qian Y, Wang Y, Zhang X, Zhou L, Zhang Z, Xu J, et al. Quantitative analysis of serum IgG galactosylation assists differential diagnosis of ovarian cancer. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:4046-55 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that combining quantitative alteration of IgG galactosylation with CA-125 may generate an overall more robust approach for differential diagnosis of ovarian cancer. ..
- Bie B, Pan J, He H, Yang X, Zhao J, Cai R. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of the ethylene insensitive3 (EIN3) gene in cucumber (Cucumis sativus). Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:4179-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study will provide the basis for further study on the role of EIN3 in relevant biological processes of cucumber and on the molecular mechanism of the cucumber ethylene signaling pathway. ..
- Yang Q, Gong Z. Purification and characterization of an ethylene-induced antifungal protein from leaves of guilder rose (Hydrangea macrophylla). Protein Expr Purif. 2002;24:76-82 pubmed..This chitin-binding protein showed antifungal activity toward several crop fungal pathogens. Knowledge of properties of HM30 should be useful for its potential application as a plant fungicidal agent...
- Bai F, Zhang H, Yan J, Qu Z, Xu J, Wen J, et al. Selection of phage-display peptides that bind specifically to the outer coat protein of Rice black streaked dwarf virus. Acta Virol. 2002;46:85-90 pubmed..Summing up, as these peptides showed a high specificity and sensitivity and diagnostic potential for RBSDV, they may represent the basis of a novel strategy for development of resistance to RBSDV. ..
- Jianfeng D, Feng J, Chaoneng J, Zhongzhou Z, Shaohua G, Qihan W, et al. Cloning of the correct full length cDNA of NF-kappaB-repressing factor. Mol Cells. 2003;16:397-401 pubmed..Here we report the correct, full-length cDNA and protein sequences of NRF. Full-length NRF cDNA is 3247 bp long, contains three exons and maps to human chromosome Xq24. RT-PCR shows that NRF is widely expressed in human tissues. ..
- Dou T, Gu S, Zhou Z, Ji C, Zeng L, Ye X, et al. Isolation and characterization of a Jerky and JRK/JH8 like gene, tigger transposable element derived 7, TIGD7. Biochem Genet. 2004;42:279-85 pubmed
- Shao M, Zheng H, Hu Y, Liu D, Jang J, Ma H, et al. The GAOLAOZHUANGREN1 gene encodes a putative glycosyltransferase that is critical for normal development and carbohydrate metabolism. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1453-60 pubmed..These, together with the GLZ1 expression pattern, suggest a requirement for the GLZ1 function in normal sink-source transition during plant development. ..
- Li Z, Zhao L, Kai G, Yu S, Cao Y, Pang Y, et al. Cloning and expression analysis of a water stress-induced gene from Brassica oleracea. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2004;42:789-94 pubmed..Our results indicate that BoWS is extremely related to the water-deficit stress in B. oleracea. ..
- Chen S, Guo J, Saiyin H, Chen L, Zhou G, Huang C, et al. Cloning and characterization of human CAGLP gene encoding a novel EF-hand protein. DNA Seq. 2004;15:365-8 pubmed..A phylogenetic tree showed that CAGLP and calglandulin may be orthologous proteins representing a distinct group in the EF-hand proteins. ..
- Zhang L, Li J, Wang C, Ma Y, Huo K. A new human gene hNTKL-BP1 interacts with hPirh2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:293-7 pubmed..It will stimulate further investigation into whether hNTKL-BP1 is the substrate of hPirh2 or interaction of hNTKL-BP1 with hPirh2 enhances or represses the ubiquitin-protein ligase activity of hPirh2. ..
- Chen Y, Du Z, Yao Z. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of ESGP, an embryonic stem cell and germ cell specific protein. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2005;37:789-96 pubmed..Despite its specific expression, forced expression of ESGP is not indispensable for the effect of Oct-4 on ES cell self-renewal, and does not affect the differentiation to three germ layers. ..
- Feng L, Xie X, Ding Q, Luo X, He J, Fan F, et al. Spatial regulation of Raf kinase signaling by RKTG. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14348-53 pubmed..Collectively, our results reveal a paradigm of spatial regulation of Raf kinase by RKTG via sequestrating Raf-1 to the Golgi apparatus and thereby inhibiting the ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Wu A, Chen H, Tang Z, Ye B, Liu W, Jia H, et al. Synthesis of Drosophila melanogaster acetylcholinesterase gene using yeast preferred codons and its expression in Pichia pastoris. Chem Biol Interact. 2008;175:403-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, these new strains with the ability to secret R-DmAChE in the medium could be used for production of R-DmAChE to decrease the cost of the enzyme expense for rapid detection of organophosphate and carbamate insecticide residues. ..
- Shi Y, Shi X, Jin Y, Miao A, Bu L, He J, et al. Mutation screening of HSF4 in 150 age-related cataract patients. Mol Vis. 2008;14:1850-5 pubmed..This result indicates that HSF4 mutations account for only a small fraction of age-related cataracts. ..
- Kai G, Zhang Y, Chen J, Li L, Yan X, Zhang R, et al. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of two distinct putrescine N-methyltransferases from roots of Anisodus acutangulus. Physiol Plant. 2009;135:121-9 pubmed publisher..The work would provide useful knowledge for tropane alkaloids biosynthesis and metabolic engineering to increase the production...
- Xie Y, Zhou C, Zhou Z, Hong J, Che M, Fu Q, et al. Interaction with synphilin-1 promotes inclusion formation of alpha-synuclein: mechanistic insights and pathological implication. FASEB J. 2010;24:196-205 pubmed publisher..The specific interaction between alpha-Syn and Sph1 provides mechanistic insights into the inclusion-body formation in cells and pathological implication in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Liu N, Yan X, Zhang M, Xie L, Wang Q, Huang Y, et al. Microbiome of fungus-growing termites: a new reservoir for lignocellulase genes. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:48-56 pubmed publisher..Xyl6E7 was a highly active, substrate-specific, and endo-acting alkaline xylanase with considerably wide pH tolerance and stability but extremely low thermostability. ..
- Wang S, Tang Y, Cui H, Zhao X, Luo X, Pan W, et al. Let-7/miR-98 regulate Fas and Fas-mediated apoptosis. Genes Immun. 2011;12:149-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study first demonstrated that let-7/miR-98 regulated Fas expression and the sensitivity of Fas-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Xu J, Dou T, Liu C, Fu M, Huang Y, Gu S, et al. The evolution of alternative splicing exons in vascular endothelial growth factor A. Gene. 2011;487:143-50 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that introduction of alternative splicing exons (esp. exon6 and exon8b) made important contributions to the transcriptional diversity of VEGFA and played a crucial role in the evolution of its regulatory mechanism. ..
- Xu L, Tremblay M, Meng Q, Liu X, Rainey J. 1H, 13C and 15N NMR assignments of the aciniform spidroin (AcSp1) repetitive domain of Argiope trifasciata wrapping silk. Biomol NMR Assign. 2012;6:147-51 pubmed publisher..Here we report the chemical shifts for the AcSp1 199 amino acid protein repeat unit and its anticipated secondary structure based on secondary chemical shifts. ..
- Li J, Liu W, Yang Z, Yang Y. Novel GATA6 loss-of-function mutation responsible for familial atrial fibrillation. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:783-90 pubmed publisher..The findings provide novel insight into the molecular mechanism involved in the pathogenesis of AF, as well as insight into potential therapies for the prevention and treatment of AF. ..
- Cui Z, Shen W, Wang Z, Zhang H, Me R, Wang Y, et al. Complete genome sequence of Klebsiella pneumoniae phage JD001. J Virol. 2012;86:13843 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae phages KP15, KP32, KP34, and phiKO2. Here we announce the complete genome sequence of JD001 and report major findings from the genomic analysis. ..
- Qian Y, Zha Y, Feng B, Pang Z, Zhang B, Sun X, et al. PEGylated poly(2-(dimethylamino) ethyl methacrylate)/DNA polyplex micelles decorated with phage-displayed TGN peptide for brain-targeted gene delivery. Biomaterials. 2013;34:2117-29 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the results demonstrate that the TGN-decorated PEG-PDMAEMA developed in this study could be utilized as a potential vehicle for gene delivery to the brain. ..
- Kuang X, Huang W, Xu H, Shi Y, Zhang X, Niu X, et al. 254C>G: a TRPC6 promoter variation associated with enhanced transcription and steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome in Chinese children. Pediatr Res. 2013;74:511-6 pubmed publisher..254C>G, a SNP underlying enhanced TRPC6 transcription and expression, may be correlated with the development of steroid resistance in Chinese children with INS. ..
- Cao L, Chen F, Yang X, Xu W, Xie J, Yu L. Phylogenetic analysis of CDK and cyclin proteins in premetazoan lineages. BMC Evol Biol. 2014;14:10 pubmed publisher..Establishment of the CDK4/6-cyclin D complex may have been the key step in the evolution of cell cycle control during eumetazoan emergence. ..
- Hang F, Wang Q, Hong Q, Liu P, Wu Z, Liu Z, et al. Purification and characterization of a novel milk-clotting metalloproteinase from Paenibacillus spp. BD3526. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;85:547-54 pubmed publisher..The cleavage site of the metalloproteinase in Îº-CN was located at the Met106-Ala107 bond, as determined by mass spectrometry analysis. ..
- Yan X, Wu Y, Li Q, Cao L, Liu X, Saiyin H, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel human Aurora C splicing variant. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:353-61 pubmed..It then remained in the midbody during cytokinesis. Therefore, we speculated that Aurora C-SV might also contribute to the regulation of chromosome segregation and cytokinesis. ..