Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on micrornas in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Publications475 found, 100 shown here
- Cao R, Li Q, Miao Y, Zhang Y, Yuan W, Fan L, et al. The Emerging Role of MicroRNA-155 in Cardiovascular Diseases. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:9869208 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a recent clinical trial of Miravirsen targeting microRNA-122 sheds light on exploiting microRNA-155 as a novel target to develop effective therapeutic strategies for cardiovascular diseases in the near future. ..
- Zhao J, Bai Y, Jin L, Weng Y, Wang Y, Wu H, et al. A functional variant in the 3'-UTR of VEGF predicts the 90-day outcome of ischemic stroke in Chinese patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172709 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that the +936C/T variants significantly increased the risk of poorer stroke outcome by affecting the bindings of miR-199a and miR-199b to VEGF mRNA at the rs30250340 polymorphic site. ..
- Qin Y, Wu L, Ouyang Y, Zhou P, Zhou H, Wang Y, et al. MiR-125a Is a critical modulator for neutrophil development. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007027 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study revealed a new microRNA regulating granulocyte development and supported a model in which miR-125a acted as a fine-tuner of granulopoiesis...
- Sun L, Jiang B, Li W, Zou J, Shi Y, Liu Z. MicroRNA-15a positively regulates insulin synthesis by inhibiting uncoupling protein-2 expression. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011;91:94-100 pubmed publisher..This study suggests miR-15a is a mediator of ? cell function and insulin biosynthesis, thus offering a new target for the development of preventive or therapeutic agents against diabetes. ..
- Liu S, Guo W, Shi J, Li N, Yu X, Xue J, et al. MicroRNA-135a contributes to the development of portal vein tumor thrombus by promoting metastasis in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol. 2012;56:389-96 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest an important role for miR-135a in promoting PVTT tumorigenesis and indicate the potential application of miR-135a in PVTT therapy. ..
- Ding J, Li D, Ohler U, Guan J, Zhou S. Genome-wide search for miRNA-target interactions in Arabidopsis thaliana with an integrated approach. BMC Genomics. 2012;13 Suppl 3:S3 pubmed publisher..Based on our results, imiRTP could facilitate the further study of Arabidopsis miRNAs in real use. All materials of imiRTP are freely available under a GNU license at (http://admis.fudan.edu.cn/projects/imiRTP.htm). ..
- Zhu X, Dong Q, Zhang X, Deng B, Jia H, Ye Q, et al. microRNA-29a suppresses cell proliferation by targeting SPARC in hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:1321-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that the expression of miR-29a is important in the regulation of the SPARC-AKT pathway and HCC growth. ..
- Shi M, Cui J, Xie K. Signaling of miRNAs-FOXM1 in cancer and potential targeted therapy. Curr Drug Targets. 2013;14:1192-202 pubmed..Targeting FOXM1 via regulation of miRNA expression may have a role in cancer treatment, although the miRNA delivery method remains the key challenge to the establishment of this novel therapy. ..
- Bei Y, Song Y, Wang F, Dimitrova Shumkovska J, Xiang Y, Zhao Y, et al. miR-382 targeting PTEN-Akt axis promotes liver regeneration. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1584-97 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings identify miR-382 as a promoter for hepatocyte proliferation and cell growth via targeting PTEN-Akt axis which might be a novel therapeutic target to enhance liver regeneration capability. ..
- Wang Q, Yin B, Ye B. A novel polydopamine-based chemiluminescence resonance energy transfer method for microRNA detection coupling duplex-specific nuclease-aided target recycling strategy. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;80:366-372 pubmed publisher..The procedure requires no organic dyes or labels, and is a simple and cost-effective method for miRNA detection for early clinical diagnosis. ..
- Hua K, Jin J, Zhao J, Song J, Song H, Li D, et al. miR-135b, upregulated in breast cancer, promotes cell growth and disrupts the cell cycle by regulating LATS2. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:1997-2006 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of endogenous LATS2 can mimic the result of miR-135b up-regulation in breast cancer. Taken together, our findings reveal that the miR-135b and LATS2 axis may be a potential therapeutic target for breast cancer in the future. ..
- Wang N, Chen F, Long Z. Mechanism of MicroRNA-146a/Notch2 Signaling Regulating IL-6 in Graves Ophthalmopathy. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1285-1297 pubmed publisher..05). The inhibition of microRNA-146 resulted in the elevated expression of Notch2 and decreased expression of IL-6 (P < 0.05). MicroRNA-146a may increase the IL-6 levels and exacerbate GO by directly targeting Notch2. ..
- Wang Y, Han Z, Fan Y, Zhang J, Chen K, Gao L, et al. MicroRNA-9 Inhibits NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation in Human Atherosclerosis Inflammation Cell Models through the JAK1/STAT Signaling Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1555-1571 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-9 may serve as a potential therapeutic target for atherosclerosis. ..
- Li M, Qian Z, Ma X, Lin X, You Y, Li Y, et al. MiR-628-5p decreases the tumorigenicity of epithelial ovarian cancer cells by targeting at FGFR2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:2085-2091 pubmed publisher..FGFR2 expressed higher in ovarian cancer tissues and was correlated with worse prognosis. Our findings indicated that miR-628-5pplays an important role in ovarian cancer stem cell driven tumorigenesis. ..
- Zhang H, Yang L, Zhu Y, Yao X, Zhang S, Dai B, et al. Serum miRNA-21: elevated levels in patients with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer and potential predictive factor for the efficacy of docetaxel-based chemotherapy. Prostate. 2011;71:326-31 pubmed publisher..It may be applicable as a marker to indicate the transformation to hormone refractory disease, and a potential predictor for the efficacy of docetaxel-based chemotherapy. ..
- Yuan B, Dong R, Shi D, Zhou Y, Zhao Y, Miao M, et al. Down-regulation of miR-23b may contribute to activation of the TGF-?1/Smad3 signalling pathway during the termination stage of liver regeneration. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:927-34 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, TGF-?1 transcriptionally inhibited miR-23b expression. We conclude that down-regulation of miR-23b may contribute to activation of the TGF-?1/Smad3 signalling pathway during the termination stage of liver regeneration. ..
- Ma Y, Zhang P, Yang J, Liu Z, Yang Z, Qin H. Candidate microRNA biomarkers in human colorectal cancer: systematic review profiling studies and experimental validation. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:2077-87 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these miRNAs may be the candidates to develop a panel of biomarkers with sufficient sensitivity and specificity for the diagnosis of CRC in a clinical setting. ..
- Bai Y, Qian C, Qian L, Ma F, Hou J, Chen Y, et al. Integrin CD11b negatively regulates TLR9-triggered dendritic cell cross-priming by upregulating microRNA-146a. J Immunol. 2012;188:5293-302 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate a new mechanism for the regulation of DC cross-priming through integrins and miRNAs. ..
- Bao J, Li D, Wang L, Wu J, Hu Y, Wang Z, et al. MicroRNA-449 and microRNA-34b/c function redundantly in murine testes by targeting E2F transcription factor-retinoblastoma protein (E2F-pRb) pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:21686-98 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the miR-449 cluster and miR-34b/c function redundantly in the regulation of male germ cell development in murine testes. ..
- Pan S, Zhan S, Pei B, Sun Q, Bian L, Sun B. MicroRNA-149 inhibits proliferation and invasion of glioma cells via blockade of AKT1 signaling. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:871-81 pubmed..In conclusion, our findings show that miR-149 as tumor suppressor may be involved in the proliferation and invasion of GM cells via blockade of the AKT1 signaling, and be considered as a candidate target for the treatment of cancer. ..
- Ma W, Hu S, Yao G, Xie S, Ni M, Liu Q, et al. An androgen receptor-microrna-29a regulatory circuitry in mouse epididymis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:29369-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results demonstrated that there is a regulatory circuitry between the androgen signaling pathway and miR-29a in mouse epididymis that may be vital for epididymal development and functions. ..
- Liu F, He C, Luo L, Zou Q, Zhao Y, Saini R, et al. Nuclear hormone receptor regulation of microRNAs controls innate immune responses in C. elegans. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003545 pubmed publisher..These findings identify nuclear hormone receptors as components of innate immunity that crosstalk with the p38/PMK-1 MAP kinase pathway. ..
- Hu J, Wang Z, Liao B, Yu L, Gao X, Lu S, et al. Human miR-1228 as a stable endogenous control for the quantification of circulating microRNAs in cancer patients. Int J Cancer. 2014;135:1187-94 pubmed publisher..The results explained the steady expression of miR-1228 in the blood. In conclusion, miR-1228 is a promising stable endogenous control for quantifying circulating microRNAs in cancer patients. ..
- Tang Y, Zheng J, Sun Y, Wu Z, Liu Z, Huang G. MicroRNA-1 regulates cardiomyocyte apoptosis by targeting Bcl-2. Int Heart J. 2009;50:377-87 pubmed..These data demonstrated that miR-1 plays an important role in the regulation of cardiomyocyte apoptosis, which is involved in post-transcriptional repression of Bcl-2. ..
- Liu J, Hao D, Zhang J, Zhu Y. Hydrogen sulphide inhibits cardiomyocyte hypertrophy by up-regulating miR-133a. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;413:342-7 pubmed publisher..Anti-miR133a inhibitor transfection partly reduced the anti-hypertrophic effect of NaHS. In conclusion, H(2)S is a direct inhibitor of CH; it acts by increasing miR-133a and inhibiting the increase in intracellular ROS. ..
- Zhan X, Wang B, Li H, Liu R, Kalia R, Zhu J, et al. Arabidopsis proline-rich protein important for development and abiotic stress tolerance is involved in microRNA biogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:18198-203 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIC is a unique factor required for the biogenesis of some miRNAs and degradation of some spliced introns and important for plant development and abiotic stress responses. ..
- Liu T, Shen D, Xing S, Chen J, Yu Z, Wang J, et al. Attenuation of exogenous angiotensin II stress-induced damage and apoptosis in human vascular endothelial cells via microRNA-155 expression. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:188-96 pubmed publisher..Moreover, miR-155 maintained HUVEC migration and capillary tubule formation in vitro. ..
- Su N, Qiu H, Chen Y, Yang T, Yan Q, Wan X. miR-205 promotes tumor proliferation and invasion through targeting ESRRG in endometrial carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:2297-302 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, we identified the ESRRG gene to be a novel target, which could be helpful to elucidate mechanisms underlying the tumorigenesis of EEC. ..
- Guo P, Lan J, Ge J, Nie Q, Guo L, Qiu Y, et al. MiR-26a enhances the radiosensitivity of glioblastoma multiforme cells through targeting of ataxia-telangiectasia mutated. Exp Cell Res. 2014;320:200-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-26a may act as a new radiosensitizer of GBM. ..
- Guo W, Zhang Y, Wang Q, Zhan Y, Zhu G, Yu Q, et al. High-throughput sequencing and degradome analysis reveal neutral evolution of Cercis gigantea microRNAs and their targets. Planta. 2016;243:83-95 pubmed publisher..gigantea miRNAs. ..
- Wu X, Fan J, Wang X, Zhou J, Qiu S, Yu Y, et al. Downregulation of CCR1 inhibits human hepatocellular carcinoma cell invasion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:866-71 pubmed..Moreover, CCR1 knockdown significantly reduced the secretion of MMP-2. Together, these findings indicate that CCR1 has an important role in HCCLM3 invasion and that CCR1 might be a new target of HCC treatment. ..
- Tang Y, Luo X, Cui H, Ni X, Yuan M, Guo Y, et al. MicroRNA-146A contributes to abnormal activation of the type I interferon pathway in human lupus by targeting the key signaling proteins. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:1065-75 pubmed publisher..Underexpression of miR-146a contributes to alterations in the type I IFN pathway in lupus patients by targeting the key signaling proteins. The findings provide potential novel strategies for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Huang Z, Huang D, Ni S, Peng Z, Sheng W, Du X. Plasma microRNAs are promising novel biomarkers for early detection of colorectal cancer. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:118-26 pubmed publisher..773 with 73.0% sensitivity and 79.7% specificity in discriminating advanced adenomas. Collectively, these data suggest that plasma miR-29a and miR-92a have strong potential as novel noninvasive biomarkers for early detection of CRC. ..
- Liu Y, Hu W, Wang H, Lu M, Shao C, Menzel C, et al. Genomic analysis of miRNAs in an extreme mammalian hibernator, the Arctic ground squirrel. Physiol Genomics. 2010;42A:39-51 pubmed publisher..High-throughput sequencing data and microarray data have been submitted to GEO database with accession: GSE19808...
- Zhao X, Tang Y, Qu B, Cui H, Wang S, Wang L, et al. MicroRNA-125a contributes to elevated inflammatory chemokine RANTES levels via targeting KLF13 in systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:3425-35 pubmed publisher..The underexpression of miR-125a contributes to the elevated expression of RANTES in SLE. Our findings extend the role of miRNA in the pathogenesis of lupus and provide potential strategies for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Dai L, Gu L, Di W. MiR-199a attenuates endometrial stromal cell invasiveness through suppression of the IKK?/NF-?B pathway and reduced interleukin-8 expression. Mol Hum Reprod. 2012;18:136-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-199a could be involved in the pathogenesis of endometriosis...
- Ke G, Liang L, Yang J, Huang X, Han D, Huang S, et al. MiR-181a confers resistance of cervical cancer to radiation therapy through targeting the pro-apoptotic PRKCD gene. Oncogene. 2013;32:3019-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, the expression level of miR-181a in cervical cancer may serve as a biomarker for sensitivity to radiation therapy, and targeting miR-181a may represent a new approach to sensitizing cervical cancer to radiation treatment. ..
- Liu R, Xu X, Huang J, Fei Q, Chen F, Li Y, et al. Down-regulation of miR-517a and miR-517c promotes proliferation of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via targeting Pyk2. Cancer Lett. 2013;329:164-73 pubmed publisher..These data collectively suggest that down-regulation of both miR-517a and miR-517c contribute to HCC development through regulating Pyk2. ..
- Yang Y, Ma Y, Shi C, Chen H, Zhang H, Chen N, et al. Overexpression of miR-21 in patients with ulcerative colitis impairs intestinal epithelial barrier function through targeting the Rho GTPase RhoB. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:746-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-21 induced the degradation of RhoB mRNA, which led to the depletion of RhoB and the impairment of tight junctions in intestinal epithelial cells...
- Wang D, Ma Z, Li Y, Wang Y, Zhao B, Wei J, et al. miR-150, p53 protein and relevant miRNAs consist of a regulatory network in NSCLC tumorigenesis. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:492-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-150, p53 protein and relevant miRNAs are members of a regulatory network in NSCLC tumorigenesis. ..
- Yin C, Wang P, Xu W, Yang Y, Zhang Q, Ning B, et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor-4? reverses malignancy of hepatocellular carcinoma through regulating miR-134 in the DLK1-DIO3 region. Hepatology. 2013;58:1964-76 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight the importance of the miR-379-656 cluster in the inhibitory effect of HNF4? on HCC, and suggest that regulation of the HNF4?-miRNA cascade may have beneficial effects in the treatment of HCC. ..
- Tu Y, Gao X, Li G, Fu H, Cui D, Liu H, et al. MicroRNA-218 inhibits glioma invasion, migration, proliferation, and cancer stem-like cell self-renewal by targeting the polycomb group gene Bmi1. Cancer Res. 2013;73:6046-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings reveal miR-218 as a tumor suppressor that prevents migration, invasion, proliferation, and stem-like qualities in glioma cells. ..
- Zhang M, Liu X, Zhang X, Song Z, Han L, He Y, et al. MicroRNA-30b is a multifunctional regulator of aortic valve interstitial cells. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014;147:1073-1080.e2 pubmed publisher..Targeting of miRNA-30b could serve as a novel therapeutic strategy to limit progressive calcification in aortic stenosis. ..
- Ye Z, Zhang Z, Wu L, Liu C, Chen Q, Liu J, et al. Upregulation of miR-183 expression and its clinical significance in human brain glioma. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:1341-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study indicated that miR-183 was upregulated in glioma, and that it may be used as a potential biomarker of poor prognosis in patients with glioma. ..
- Yu P, Wang H, Xie Y, Zhou J, Yao J, Che L. Deregulated Cardiac Specific MicroRNAs in Postnatal Heart Growth. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:6241763 pubmed publisher..This study describes expression changes of cardiac- and muscle-specific miRNAs during postnatal heart growth and may provide new therapeutic targets for cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Celià Terrassa T, Liu D, Choudhury A, Hang X, Wei Y, Zamalloa J, et al. Normal and cancerous mammary stem cells evade interferon-induced constraint through the miR-199a-LCOR axis. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:711-723 pubmed publisher..Our study therefore reveals a common mechanism shared by normal and malignant stem cells to protect them from suppressive immune cytokine signalling. ..
- Yuan J, Liu X, Wang T, Pan W, Tao Q, Zhou W, et al. The MBNL3 splicing factor promotes hepatocellular carcinoma by increasing PXN expression through the alternative splicing of lncRNA-PXN-AS1. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:820-832 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate detailed mechanistic links between an oncofetal splicing factor, a splicing event and tumorigenesis, and establish splicing factors and splicing events as potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Lin X, Liang D, He Z, Deng Q, Robertson E, Lan K. miR-K12-7-5p encoded by Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus stabilizes the latent state by targeting viral ORF50/RTA. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16224 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed that another miRNA, miR-K12-7-5p, targets the viral immediate early gene RTA and that this miRNA contributes to the maintenance of viral latency. ..
- Zhang J, Sun Q, Zhang Z, Ge S, Han Z, Chen W. Loss of microRNA-143/145 disturbs cellular growth and apoptosis of human epithelial cancers by impairing the MDM2-p53 feedback loop. Oncogene. 2013;32:61-9 pubmed publisher..Re-expression of miR-143 and miR-145 may be a reasonable strategy for treatment of epithelial cancers. ..
- Wen Z, Xu L, Chen X, Xu W, Yin Z, Gao X, et al. Autoantibody induction by DNA-containing immune complexes requires HMGB1 with the TLR2/microRNA-155 pathway. J Immunol. 2013;190:5411-22 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a novel mechanism to account for the persistent production of anti-dsDNA Ab in SLE and a clue for developing a novel therapeutic strategy against SLE. ..
- Xia W, Ni J, Zhuang J, Qian L, Wang P, Wang J. MiR-103 regulates hepatocellular carcinoma growth by targeting AKAP12. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;71:1-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-103 may represent a new potential diagnostic and therapeutic target for HCC treatment. ..
- Xu Y, An B, Xi X, Li Z, Li F. MicroRNA-9 controls apoptosis of neurons by targeting monocyte chemotactic protein-induced protein 1 expression in rat acute spinal cord injury model. Brain Res Bull. 2016;121:233-40 pubmed publisher..The negative relationship between MCPIP1 and miR-9 suggest that MCPIP1 mRNA could be a target of miR-9 during ASCI. Thus, miR-9 is a marker for apoptosis in neurons, and an excellent therapeutic target for ASCI patients. ..
- Zhang Z, Li Z, Gao C, Chen P, Chen J, Liu W, et al. miR-21 plays a pivotal role in gastric cancer pathogenesis and progression. Lab Invest. 2008;88:1358-66 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a potential regulatory pathway in which H. pylori infection upregulates expression of miR-21, which in turn downregulates RECK, and then leads to the development of gastric cancer. ..
- Fronza R, Tramonti M, Atchley W, Nardini C. Joint analysis of transcriptional and post- transcriptional brain tumor data: searching for emergent properties of cellular systems. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:86 pubmed publisher..This suggests the need to develop methodologies to simultaneously mine information from different levels of biological organization, rather than linking separate analyses performed in parallel. ..
- Zhang L, Liu T, Huang Y, Liu J. microRNA-182 inhibits the proliferation and invasion of human lung adenocarcinoma cells through its effect on human cortical actin-associated protein. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:381-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, endogenous mature miR-182 expression may have an important role in the pathogenesis of lung cancer through its interference with the target gene CTTN by epigenetic modification. ..
- Liu T, Chen Q, Huang Y, Huang Q, Jiang L, Guo L. Low microRNA-199a expression in human amniotic epithelial cell feeder layers maintains human-induced pluripotent stem cell pluripotency via increased leukemia inhibitory factor expression. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2012;44:197-206 pubmed publisher
- Feng C, Li J, Ruan J, Ding K. MicroRNA-125a inhibits cell growth by targeting glypican-4. Glycoconj J. 2012;29:503-11 pubmed publisher..These results disclosed new function of miR-125a by targeting gene glypican-4 in cell growth process and illustrated the feasibility of using miRNAs as a therapeutic strategy to suppress cells proliferation. ..
- Xu X, Kriegel A, Liu Y, Usa K, Mladinov D, Liu H, et al. Delayed ischemic preconditioning contributes to renal protection by upregulation of miR-21. Kidney Int. 2012;82:1167-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, upregulation of miR-21 contributes to the protective effect of delayed ischemic preconditioning against subsequent renal ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- Li J, Ping Z, Ning H. MiR-218 impairs tumor growth and increases chemo-sensitivity to cisplatin in cervical cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2012;13:16053-64 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-218 increased chemosensitivity to cisplatin (CDDP) in vitro. Our results indicated that targeting miR-218 may provide a strategy for blocking the development of cervical cancer...
- Deng Y, Wu S, Zhou H, Bi X, Wang Y, Hu Y, et al. Effects of a miR-31, Runx2, and Satb2 regulatory loop on the osteogenic differentiation of bone mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:2278-86 pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide us with a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms that govern the BMSC fate. ..
- Gao X, Shen K, Wang C, Ling J, Wang H, Fang Y, et al. MiR-320a downregulation is associated with imatinib resistance in gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2014;46:72-5 pubmed publisher..We found that low expression of miR-320a was correlated with short time to imatinib resistance, and proposed the potential mechanism of miR-320a for imatinib resistance. ..
- Yang X, Zhang X, Lu X, Jia H, Liang L, Dong Q, et al. MicroRNA-26a suppresses angiogenesis in human hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting hepatocyte growth factor-cMet pathway. Hepatology. 2014;59:1874-85 pubmed publisher..miR-26a could suppress tumor angiogenesis of HCC through HGF-cMet signaling, and it is a new hopeful therapeutic target and prognostic marker for HCC. ..
- Tang W, Zhu Y, Gao J, Fu J, Liu C, Liu Y, et al. MicroRNA-29a promotes colorectal cancer metastasis by regulating matrix metalloproteinase 2 and E-cadherin via KLF4. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:450-8 pubmed publisher..Increased expression of miR-29a promoted CRC metastasis by regulating MMP2/E-cad through direct targeting KLF4, which highlights the potential of the miR-29a inhibitor as a novel agent against CRC metastasis. ..
- Hu T, Wang G, Guo X, Sun Q, He P, Gu H, et al. MiR 20a,-20b and -200c are involved in hydrogen sulfide stimulation of VEGF production in human placental trophoblasts. Placenta. 2016;39:101-10 pubmed publisher..H2S produced via CSE and CBS plays a critical role in VEGF production in human placenta. Reduced expression of CSE and CBS may contribute to the abnormal production of angiogenic factors in preeclamptic placenta. ..
- He J, Zhang J, Wang D. Down-regulation of microRNA-216b inhibits IL-1Î²-induced chondrocyte injury by up-regulation of Smad3. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that miR-216b contributes to progression of OA by directly targeting Smad3, providing a potential therapeutic target for treatment of OA. ..
- Wang T, Xu Z. miR-27 promotes osteoblast differentiation by modulating Wnt signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:186-9 pubmed publisher..This study suggests miR-27 is an important mediator of osteoblast differentiation, thus offering a new target for the development of preventive or therapeutic agents against osteogenic disorders. ..
- Zhang J, Zhang J, Liu L, Zhou Y, Li Y, Shao Z, et al. Effects of miR-541 on neurite outgrowth during neuronal differentiation. Cell Biochem Funct. 2011;29:279-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-541 functions in neuronal precursors as an endogenous conditional component between NGF and Synapsin-I. ..
- Zhang P, Ma Y, Wang F, Yang J, Liu Z, Peng J, et al. Comprehensive gene and microRNA expression profiling reveals the crucial role of hsa-let-7i and its target genes in colorectal cancer metastasis. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:1471-8 pubmed publisher..Our data showed the power of comprehensive gene and miRNA expression profiling and the application of bioinformatics tools in the identification of novel biomarkers in CRC metastasis. ..
- Qiu L, He J, Wang M, Zhang R, Shi T, Zhu M, et al. The association between common genetic variant of microRNA-146a and cancer susceptibility. Cytokine. 2011;56:695-8 pubmed publisher..Despite some limitations, this meta-analysis suggests that the miR-146a G allele is a low-penetrant risk factor for papillary thyroid carcinoma development. ..
- Cui Y, Su W, Xing J, Wang Y, Wang P, Chen X, et al. MiR-29a inhibits cell proliferation and induces cell cycle arrest through the downregulation of p42.3 in human gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25872 pubmed publisher..3 was downregulated. Taken together, we have elucidated previously unrecognized roles of miR-29a and indicated that miR-29a may function, at least partially, by targeting the p42.3 gene in human GC. ..
- Wang F, Zhang P, Ma Y, Yang J, Moyer M, Shi C, et al. NIRF is frequently upregulated in colorectal cancer and its oncogenicity can be suppressed by let-7a microRNA. Cancer Lett. 2012;314:223-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide new evidence that NIRF has an oncogenic role in CRC. This opens up the possibility of targeting NIRF and let-7a for CRC therapy. ..
- Bai H, Cao Z, Deng C, Zhou L, Wang C. miR-181a sensitizes resistant leukaemia HL-60/Ara-C cells to Ara-C by inducing apoptosis. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012;138:595-602 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that restoration of miR-181a expression might provide a promising therapeutic in drug resistance of leukaemia. ..
- Li B, Yu H, Wang Z, Ding G, Liu L. MicroRNA mediated network and DNA methylation in colorectal cancer. Protein Pept Lett. 2013;20:352-63 pubmed..This study sheds lights on the regulatory mechanisms in CRC and we provide some insights on the epigenetic of CRC. ..
- Zhang Y, Wei W, Cheng N, Wang K, Li B, Jiang X, et al. Hepatitis C virus-induced up-regulation of microRNA-155 promotes hepatocarcinogenesis by activating Wnt signaling. Hepatology. 2012;56:1631-40 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a better understanding of the relationship between inflammation and tumorigenesis, and thus may be helpful in the development of effective diagnosis and treatment strategies against HCV-HCC. ..
- Sun Y, Zhao X, Zhou Y, Hu Y. miR-124, miR-137 and miR-340 regulate colorectal cancer growth via inhibition of the Warburg effect. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1346-52 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that miRNAs (miR-124, miR-137 and miR-340) impair colorectal cancer growth by counteracting the Warburg effect due to regulating alternative splicing of the PKM gene. ..
- Zhang L, Dong L, Li Y, Hong Z, Wei W. miR-21 represses FasL in microglia and protects against microglia-mediated neuronal cell death following hypoxia/ischemia. Glia. 2012;60:1888-95 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates an important role for miRNAs in microglia-mediated neuronal apoptosis, and suggests potential novel therapeutic interventions for cerebral hypoxic diseases associated with microglial activation. ..
- Yan B, Guo J, Zhu C, Zhao L, Zhao J. miR-203b: a novel regulator of MyoD expression in tilapia skeletal muscle. J Exp Biol. 2013;216:447-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal a novel molecular mechanism in which miRNA participates in transcriptional circuits that regulate gene expression in tilapia skeletal muscle...
- Wang W, Zhao L, Tan Y, Ren H, Qi Z. Identification of deregulated miRNAs and their targets in hepatitis B virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:5442-53 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest an importance of miR-138 and miR-199a-5p as well as their targets CCND3 and CHC in HCC tumorigenesis, and may provide more evidence for reliability of integrative bioinformatics analysis. ..
- Guo J, Friedman S. The expression patterns and clinical significance of microRNAs in liver diseases and hepatocellular carcinoma. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:1262-72 pubmed..Either miRNAs, or anti-miRNA oligonucleotides (antagomirs) could be used for in vivo modulation of miRNA actions, and thus have significant potential in molecularly targeted therapy. ..
- Qu F, Cui X, Hong Y, Wang J, Li Y, Chen L, et al. MicroRNA-185 suppresses proliferation, invasion, migration, and tumorigenicity of human prostate cancer cells through targeting androgen receptor. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;377:121-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-185 could function as a tumor-suppressor gene in CaP by directly targeting AR, and act as a potential therapeutic target for CaP. ..
- Lei R, Tang J, Zhuang X, Deng R, Li G, Yu J, et al. Suppression of MIM by microRNA-182 activates RhoA and promotes breast cancer metastasis. Oncogene. 2014;33:1287-96 pubmed publisher..Hence, our data delineates the molecular pathway by which miR-182 promotes breast cancer invasion and metastasis, and may have important implication for the treatment of metastatic cancers. ..
- Chen Y, Xiao Y, Ge W, Zhou K, Wen J, Yan W, et al. miR-200b inhibits TGF-?1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and promotes growth of intestinal epithelial cells. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e541 pubmed publisher..Summarily, our study suggested a potential role for mir-200b in maintaining intact of intestinal epithelium through inhibiting EMT and promoting proliferation of IECs. ..
- Feng Z, Xia Y, Zhang M, Zheng J. MicroRNA-155 regulates T cell proliferation through targeting GSK3? in cardiac allograft rejection in a murine transplantation model. Cell Immunol. 2013;281:141-9 pubmed publisher..In particular, the miR-155 in LFB can distinguish recipients with AR from syngeneic controls from POD 3 and later. The present study provides a better understanding of the pathophysiological process underlying cardiac AR progression. ..
- Xu C, Xie J, Jin B, Chen X, Sun Z, Wang B, et al. Gene and microRNA expression reveals sensitivity to paclitaxel in laryngeal cancer cell line. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:1351-61 pubmed..Collectively, our study might provide potential biomarkers for paclitaxel sensitivity prediction and drug resistance targets in laryngeal cancer patients. ..