Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane proteins in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: membrane proteins
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- Hu J, Ma Y, Yang N, Mei Z, Zhang M, Fei J, et al. Up-regulation of gamma-aminobutyric acid transporter I mediates ethanol sensitivity in mice. Neuroscience. 2004;123:807-12 pubmed..Use of GAT1 selective inhibitors and GAT1 overexpressing mice thus demonstrate that GAT1 should be an important protein mediating sensitivity to ethanol in mice. ..
- Song H, Xia S, Liao C, Li Y, Wang Y, Li T, et al. Genes encoding Pir51, Beclin 1, RbAp48 and aldolase b are up or down-regulated in human primary hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:509-13 pubmed..cDNA microarray permits a high throughput identification of changes in gene expression. The genes encoding Beclin 1, RbAp48, Pir51 and aldolase b are first reported that may be related with hepatocarcinoma. ..
- He X, Li J, Xie Y, Tang Y, Yao G, Qin W, et al. Altered gene expression profiles of NIH3T3 cells regulated by human lung cancer associated gene CT120. Cell Res. 2004;14:487-96 pubmed..In addition, CT120 might play an important role in tumor progression through modulating the expression of some candidate "Lung Tumor Progression" genes including B-Raf, Rab-2, BAX, BAG-1, YB-1, and Cdc42. ..
- Wang Y, Du D, Fang L, Yang G, Zhang C, Zeng R, et al. Tyrosine phosphorylated Par3 regulates epithelial tight junction assembly promoted by EGFR signaling. EMBO J. 2006;25:5058-70 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest a novel, phosphotyrosine-dependent fine-tuning mechanism of Par3 in epithelial TJ assembly controlled by the EGF receptor-SFK signaling pathway. ..
- Ge L, Wang J, Qi W, Miao H, Cao J, Qu Y, et al. The cholesterol absorption inhibitor ezetimibe acts by blocking the sterol-induced internalization of NPC1L1. Cell Metab. 2008;7:508-19 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest a model wherein cholesterol is internalized into cells with NPC1L1 through clathrin/AP2-mediated endocytosis and ezetimibe inhibits cholesterol absorption by blocking the internalization of NPC1L1. ..
- Lou X, Zhang Y, Bao R, Zhou C, Chen Y. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of glutathionylated Trx1 C33S mutant from yeast. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:39-41 pubmed publisher..A set of X-ray diffraction data was collected to 1.80 A resolution. The crystal belonged to space group P1, with unit-cell parameters a = 38.53, b = 38.81, c = 41.70 A, alpha = 72.91, beta = 87.51, gamma = 60.58 degrees. ..
- Zhang Z, Xu X, Zhang Y, Zhou J, Yu Z, He C. LINGO-1 interacts with WNK1 to regulate nogo-induced inhibition of neurite extension. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15717-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that WNK1 is a novel signaling molecule involved in regulation of LINGO-1 mediated inhibition of neurite extension. ..
- Xue X, Ding F, Zhang Q, Pan X, Qu L, Pan W. Stability and potency of the Plasmodium falciparum MSP1-19/AMA-1(III) chimeric vaccine candidate with Montanide ISA720 adjuvant. Vaccine. 2010;28:3152-8 pubmed publisher..These data indicated that the vaccine emulsion was stable over long periods of storage and maintained both its physical and biological properties. ..
- Wang H, Zhang W, Zhao J, Zhang L, Liu M, Yan G, et al. N-Glycosylation pattern of recombinant human CD82 (KAI1), a tumor-associated membrane protein. J Proteomics. 2012;75:1375-85 pubmed publisher..These epitopes are highly associated with various biological functions, including cell adhesion and cancer metastasis, and can possibly influence the anti-cancer inhibition ability of CD82. ..
- Wang H, Wang X, Li Q, Chen S, Liu L, Wei Z, et al. Analysis of JAG1 gene variant in Chinese patients with Alagille syndrome. Gene. 2012;499:191-3 pubmed publisher..All the specific variations in five inheritance cases investigated were de novo. Furthermore, no sequence variation of NOTCH2 was detected in JAG1 alteration negative patients...
- Zhang F, Tao Y, Zhang Z, Guo X, An P, Shen Y, et al. Metalloreductase Steap3 coordinates the regulation of iron homeostasis and inflammatory responses. Haematologica. 2012;97:1826-35 pubmed publisher..Our results provide important insights into the function of Steap3 as a coordinate regulator of both iron homeostasis and innate immunity. ..
- Jiang Y, Li X, Yang W, Hawke D, Zheng Y, Xia Y, et al. PKM2 regulates chromosome segregation and mitosis progression of tumor cells. Mol Cell. 2014;53:75-87 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the role of PKM2 as a protein kinase controlling the fidelity of chromosome segregation, cell-cycle progression, and tumorigenesis. ..
- Qiu G, Sun W, Zou Y, Cai Z, Wang P, Lin X, et al. RNA interference against TMEM97 inhibits cell proliferation, migration, and invasion in glioma cells. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8231-8 pubmed publisher..Since expression of TMEM97 seems to be associated with the oncogenic potential of glioma, and suppression of its expression can inhibit cancer cell growth and metastasis, TMEM97 may be a potential therapeutic target in human glioma. ..
- Liu X, Zhang Y, Ji S, Zhao L, Shang W, Li D, et al. Mitochondrial Function Regulated by Mitoguardin-1/2 Is Crucial for Ovarian Endocrine Functions and Ovulation. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3988-3999 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a mechanism of gonadotropin-regulated ovarian endocrine functions and provide clues for therapeutic treatments of infertile females. ..
- Cai Y, Saiyin H, Lin Q, Zhang P, Tang L, Pan X, et al. Identification of a new RTN3 transcript, RTN3-A1, and its distribution in adult mouse brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;138:236-43 pubmed..Since other reports have shown that RTN4-A inhibits neuronal outgrowth and restricts the plasticity of the central nervous system, we speculate that RTN3-A1 might play certain roles in the central nervous system. ..
- Wang W, Duan B, Xu H, Xu L, Xu T. Calcium-permeable acid-sensing ion channel is a molecular target of the neurotoxic metal ion lead. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:2497-505 pubmed..Because ASIC1b and -3 subunits are mainly expressed in peripheral neurons, our data identified ASIC1a-containing Ca2+-permeable ASIC as a novel central target of Pb2+ action, which may contribute to Pb2+ neurotoxicity. ..
- Wang Z, Tian S, Shi Y, Zhou P, Wang Z, Shu R, et al. A single C to T transition in intron 5 of LMBR1 gene is associated with triphalangeal thumb-polysyndactyly syndrome in a Chinese family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:312-7 pubmed..We postulate that the disruption of this cis-regulator via a single C to T transition results in the dysregulation of SHH, which leads to the TPT-PS found in this case. ..
- Jiang M, Gao Y, Yang T, Zhu X, Chen J. Cyclin Y, a novel membrane-associated cyclin, interacts with PFTK1. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2171-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that binding of CCNY to PFTK1 enhances PFTK1 kinase activity and changes its intracellular location. ..
- Xie J, Guo L, Ruan Y, Zhu H, Wang L, Zhou L, et al. Laminarin-mediated targeting to Dectin-1 enhances antigen-specific immune responses. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:958-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that APCs targeting based on glucan-Dectin-1 interaction is a promising approach to improve vaccines. ..
- Jialin G, Xuefan G, Huiwen Z. SID1 transmembrane family, member 2 (Sidt2): a novel lysosomal membrane protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:588-94 pubmed publisher..In summary, Sidt2 is a highly glycosylated lysosomal integral membrane protein that shows tissue-specific expression. ..
- Ba Q, Hao M, Huang H, Hou J, Ge S, Zhang Z, et al. Iron deprivation suppresses hepatocellular carcinoma growth in experimental studies. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:7625-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, TSC24 shows great potential for the treatment of HCC. ..
- Cai C, Wang L, Wu Z, Li M, Chen W, Sun Y. T-cell immunoglobulin- and mucin-domain-containing molecule 3 gene polymorphisms and renal cell carcinoma. DNA Cell Biol. 2012;31:1285-9 pubmed publisher..4% vs. 3.5%, p = 0.041). These results suggest that polymorphisms in the TIM-3 gene are new risk factors for RCC and that TIM-3 may play important roles in regulating the prognosis of this disease. ..
- Qiu L, Xie F, Yu J, Wen C. Arabidopsis RTE1 is essential to ethylene receptor ETR1 amino-terminal signaling independent of CTR1. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:1263-76 pubmed publisher..ETR1 N-terminal signaling may involve RTE1, receptor cooperation, and negative regulation by the ETR1 carboxyl terminus. ..
- Fan S, Niu Y, Tan N, Wu Z, Wang Y, You H, et al. LASS2 enhances chemosensitivity of breast cancer by counteracting acidic tumor microenvironment through inhibiting activity of V-ATPase proton pump. Oncogene. 2013;32:1682-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that LASS2 is involved in chemotherapeutic outcomes and low LASS2 expression may predict chemoresistance. ..
- Yang A, Ma J, Wu M, Qin W, Zhao B, Shi Y, et al. Aberrant microRNA-182 expression is associated with glucocorticoid resistance in lymphoblastic malignancies. Leuk Lymphoma. 2012;53:2465-73 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that miR-182 is involved in glucocorticoid resistance, via targeting of FOXO3A, and that restoration of miR-182 is a potentially promising therapeutic strategy in lymphoblastic malignancies. ..
- Zhang Z, Xu X, Xiang Z, Yu Z, Feng J, He C. LINGO-1 receptor promotes neuronal apoptosis by inhibiting WNK3 kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:12152-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that LINGO-1 potentiates neuronal apoptosis, likely by inhibiting WNK3 kinase activity. ..
- Gao J, Gu X, Mahuran D, Wang Z, Zhang H. Impaired glucose tolerance in a mouse model of sidt2 deficiency. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66139 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Sidt2 may play a critical role in the regulation of mouse insulin secretory granule secretion. ..
- Pan H, Qin W, Huo K, Wan D, Yu Y, Xu Z, et al. Cloning, mapping, and characterization of a human homologue of the yeast longevity assurance gene LAG1. Genomics. 2001;77:58-64 pubmed..Furthermore, LASS2 protein was able to inhibit the colony formation of human hepatoma cells in vitro, which suggests that this gene may be involved in the regulation of cell growth. ..
- Xie J, Sun M, Guo L, Liu W, Jiang J, Chen X, et al. Human Dectin-1 isoform E is a cytoplasmic protein and interacts with RanBPM. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:1067-73 pubmed..The binding of hDectin-1E and RanBPM was further confirmed in vivo by co-immunoprecipitation assay and confocal microscopic analysis. Taken together, our data provide a clue to the understanding of the function about hDectin-1E. ..
- Gu W, Yang S, Shi W, Jin G, Zhen X. Requirement of PSD-95 for dopamine D1 receptor modulating glutamate NR1a/NR2B receptor function. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:756-62 pubmed..The present study provides the first evidence that PSD-95 is essential in D1R-regulated NR1a/NR2B receptor function. ..
- Wang Q, Liu Q, Cao X, Yang M, Zhang Y. Characterization of two TonB systems in marine fish pathogen Vibrio alginolyticus: their roles in iron utilization and virulence. Arch Microbiol. 2008;190:595-603 pubmed publisher..alginolyticus was observed, indicating that both of the TonB systems are essential for the virulence of V. alginolyticus. ..
- Lei K, Zhang X, Ding X, Guo X, Chen M, Zhu B, et al. SUN1 and SUN2 play critical but partially redundant roles in anchoring nuclei in skeletal muscle cells in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:10207-12 pubmed publisher..These results clearly indicate that SUN1 and SUN2 function critically in skeletal muscle cells for Syne-1 localization at the NE, which is essential for proper myonuclear positioning. ..
- Xie J, Zhu H, Guo L, Ruan Y, Wang L, Sun L, et al. Lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 delivers heat shock protein 60-fused antigen into the MHC class I presentation pathway. J Immunol. 2010;185:2306-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that LOX-1 functions as a receptor for Hsp60 and is involved in the delivery of Hsp60-fused Ag into the MHC class I presentation pathway. ..
- Fan J, Yan D, Teng M, Tang H, Zhou C, Wang X, et al. Digital transcript profile analysis with aRNA-LongSAGE validates FERMT1 as a potential novel prognostic marker for colon cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:2908-18 pubmed publisher..018) and DFS (P = 0.009). In addition, upregulated FERMT1 protein expression appeared to have some specificity among alimentary tract tumors. FERMT1 is a novel prognostic factor for colon carcinoma. ..
- Zhang Z, Li H, Chen L, Lu X, Zhang J, Xu P, et al. Molecular basis for the recognition of adenomatous polyposis coli by the Discs Large 1 protein. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23507 pubmed publisher..The results provide new insights into the binding mode of a defined C-terminal segment of APC by the PDZ domains of DLG1. ..
- Zhang X, Fei Z, Wan J, Xu J, Yu B, Guan M. Association analysis of BANK1 gene with psoriasis in Southern Han Chinese. Int J Immunogenet. 2011;38:507-12 pubmed publisher..38, 95% CI: 1.05-1.81, P = 0.0203). Overall, our result indicates that polymorphism in BANK1 is associated with susceptibility to psoriasis in Southern Han Chinese. ..
- Zhang H, Zuo Z, Lu X, Wang L, Wang H, Zhu Z. MiR-25 regulates apoptosis by targeting Bim in human ovarian cancer. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:594-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that miR-25 directly regulates apoptosis by targeting Bim in ovarian cancer and that miR-25 could be a potential therapeutic target for ovarian cancer intervention. ..
- Yan B, Zhang Z, Huang L, Shen H, Han Z. OIT3 deficiency impairs uric acid reabsorption in renal tubule. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:760-5 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that OIT3 could maintain urate homeostasis by regulating the excretion and reabsorption of uric acid in renal tubule via cooperating with THP. ..
- Wu X, Yan Q, Zhang Z, Du G, Wan X. Acrp30 inhibits leptin-induced metastasis by downregulating the JAK/STAT3 pathway via AMPK activation in aggressive SPEC-2 endometrial cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1488-96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated that Acrp30 effectively reversed the invasion stimulated by leptin, and AMPK and JAK/STAT3 pathways mediated the invasive phenotype of SPEC-2 cells. ..
- Wang L, Song B. Niemann-Pick C1-Like 1 and cholesterol uptake. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1821:964-72 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarized recent progress in these studies and proposed a working model, hoping to provide new perspectives on the regulation of cholesterol transport and metabolism. ..
- Xu Q, Yang G, Liu N, Xu P, Chen Y, Zhou Z, et al. P4-ATPase ATP8A2 acts in synergy with CDC50A to enhance neurite outgrowth. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1803-12 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ATP8A2, acting in synergy with CDC50A, performs an important role in neurite outgrowth in neurons. ..
- Meng Y, Yong Y, Yang G, Ding H, Fan Z, Tang Y, et al. Autophagy alleviates neurodegeneration caused by mild impairment of oxidative metabolism. J Neurochem. 2013;126:805-18 pubmed publisher..Wortmannin and knockdown of Beclin1 inhibited autophagy, and exacerbated TD-induced cell death, while activation of autophagy by rapamycin offered protection against TD neurotoxicity. ..
- Li M, Dong L, Li S, Tang G, Pan Y, Zhang J, et al. Expression of cytoskeleton-associated protein 4 is related to lymphatic metastasis and indicates prognosis of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma patients after surgery resection. Cancer Lett. 2013;337:248-53 pubmed publisher..646; 95% CI, 0.463-0.900 [p=0.010]). Thus, CKAP4 may serve as a prognostic marker of ICC patients. ..
- Zhang Y, Yang W, Zhu H, Qian Y, Zhou L, Ren Y, et al. Regulation of autophagy by miR-30d impacts sensitivity of anaplastic thyroid carcinoma to cisplatin. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;87:562-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-30d may be exploited as a potential target for therapeutic intervention in the treatment of ATC. ..
- Xu C, Fillmore C, Koyama S, Wu H, Zhao Y, Chen Z, et al. Loss of Lkb1 and Pten leads to lung squamous cell carcinoma with elevated PD-L1 expression. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:590-604 pubmed publisher..TPCs in the LP model and NGFR(+) cells in human SCCs highly expressed Pd-ligand-1 (PD-L1), suggesting a mechanism of immune escape for TPCs. ..
- Liu F, Yang Y, Wu J, Li S, Tang Y, Zhao J, et al. Fasudil, a Rho kinase inhibitor, promotes the autophagic degradation of A53T Î±-synuclein by activating the JNK 1/Bcl-2/beclin 1 pathway. Brain Res. 2016;1632:9-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, fasudil might be able to provide a novel and promising strategy for PD treatment by enhancing Î±-syn clearance and activating the JNK 1/Bcl-2/beclin 1 pathway. ..
- Tang W, Yuan J, Chen X, Shan Y, Luo K, Guo Z, et al. Cloning and characterization of the CDZFP gene which encodes a putative zinc finger protein. DNA Seq. 2005;16:391-6 pubmed..Subcellular localization demonstrated that CDZFP protein was located in the cytoplasm when overexpressed in Hela cells and northern blot analysis revealed that CDZFP was ubiquitously expressed in 16 human tissues. ..
- Lai X, Weng J, Zhang X, Shi W, Zhao J, Wang H, et al. MSTF: a domain involved in bacterial metallopeptidases and surface proteins, mycobacteriophage tape-measure proteins and fungal proteins. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2006;258:78-82 pubmed..Identification of MSTF will provide an opportunity to develop new strategies to combat pathogenic microorganisms, especially Mycobacterium tuberculosis. ..
- Xu P, Ding X. Characterization and expression of mouse Cdc50c during spermatogenesis. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2007;39:739-44 pubmed..In situ hybridization analyses revealed that Cdc50c mRNA localized in pachytene spermatocytes and round and elongated spermatids. Our data suggest that Cdc50c might play important roles during spermatogenesis. ..
- Huang L, McDermott A. Partial site-specific assignment of a uniformly (13)C, (15)N enriched membrane protein, light-harvesting complex 1 (LH1), by solid state NMR. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1777:1098-108 pubmed publisher..The chemical shifts of Calpha and Cbeta resonances indicated the presence of typical alpha-helical secondary structure, consistent with previous studies. ..
- Yang L, Liu X, Hao J, Yang Y, Zhao M, Zuo J, et al. Glucose-regulated protein 75 suppresses apoptosis induced by glucose deprivation in PC12 cells through inhibition of Bax conformational change. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2008;40:339-48 pubmed..Grp75 inhibited Bax conformational change to delay the release of cytochrome c, thus providing protection to PC12 cell which was used primarily as a neuron model against GD toxicity. ..
- Zhou W, Feng X, Wu Y, Benge J, Zhang Z, Chen Z. FGF-receptor substrate 2 functions as a molecular sensor integrating external regulatory signals into the FGF pathway. Cell Res. 2009;19:1165-77 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PS/T of FRS2 mediated by the FRS2-MAPK negative regulatory loop may function as a molecular switch integrating negative regulatory signals from other pathways into FGFR-generated signal transduction. ..
- Song J, Qu Z, Guo X, Zhao Q, Zhao X, Gao L, et al. Hypoxia-induced autophagy contributes to the chemoresistance of hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Autophagy. 2009;5:1131-44 pubmed..e., chemoresistance was attenuated, which means autophagy mediates the chemoresistance under hypoxia. In conclusion, autophagy decreases hepatoma cells sensitization to chemotherapeutic agents by affecting their apoptotic potential. ..
- Gao X, Xu H, Liu H, Rao J, Li Y, Zha X. Angiopoietin-like protein 3 regulates the motility and permeability of podocytes by altering nephrin expression in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;399:31-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we found ANGPTL3 to be capable of regulating the motility and permeability of podocytes and that the mechanism of ANGPTL3's regulation could be associated with the altered expression of nephrin. ..
- Luo H, Hao X, Ge C, Zhao F, Zhu M, Chen T, et al. TC21 promotes cell motility and metastasis by regulating the expression of E-cadherin and N-cadherin in hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:853-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that TC21 is associated with tumor progression and poor prognosis in HCC. ..
- Dun X, Jiang H, Zou J, Shi J, Zhou L, Zhu R, et al. Differential expression of DKK-1 binding receptors on stromal cells and myeloma cells results in their distinct response to secreted DKK-1 in myeloma. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:247 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a novel insight into mechanisms of myeloma associated osteolytic lesions. ..
- Yu J, Lei K, Zhou M, Craft C, Xu G, Xu T, et al. KASH protein Syne-2/Nesprin-2 and SUN proteins SUN1/2 mediate nuclear migration during mammalian retinal development. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1061-73 pubmed publisher..These key retinal developmental signaling results will advance our understanding of the mechanism of nuclear migration in the mammalian retina. ..
- Bao C, Wu L, Shi Y, Wu H, Liu H, Zhang R, et al. Moxibustion down-regulates colonic epithelial cell apoptosis and repairs tight junctions in rats with Crohn's disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17:4960-70 pubmed publisher..HPM and MWM treatment can down-regulate apoptosis of colonic epithelial cells, repair tight junctions and enhance colonic epithelial barrier function in rats with CD. ..
- Zhao Y, Chen H, Shang Z, Jiao B, Yuan B, Sun W, et al. SD118-xanthocillin X (1), a novel marine agent extracted from Penicillium commune, induces autophagy through the inhibition of the MEK/ERK pathway. Mar Drugs. 2012;10:1345-59 pubmed publisher..Our data also indicated that the autophagic effect of SD118-xanthocillin X (1) occurs via the down-regulation of the MEK/ERK signaling pathway and the up-regulated class III PI3K/Beclin 1 signaling pathway. ..
- Liu S, Fu Q, Zhao J, Hu H. Structural and mechanistic insights into the arginine/lysine-rich peptide motifs that interact with P97/VCP. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1834:2672-8 pubmed publisher..Based on biochemical features of the VBM motifs, we also identified NUB1L (NEDD8 ultimate buster-1 long) as a novel VBM-containing protein, which is involved in proteasomal degradation of NEDD8 through the P97 pathway. ..
- Lyu J, Wu Y, Li C, Wang R, Song H, Ren G, et al. Mutation scanning of BRAF, NRAS, KIT, and GNAQ/GNA11 in oral mucosal melanoma: a study of 57 cases. J Oral Pathol Med. 2016;45:295-301 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that driver mutations are rare in mutational hotspots of BRAF, NRAS, KIT, and GNAQ/GNA11 in oral mucosal melanoma. The majority of patients will not benefit from KIT and BRAF inhibitors. ..
- Zhang X, Wan J, Ke Z, Wang F, Chai H, Liu J. TMEM88, CCL14 and CLEC3B as prognostic biomarkers for prognosis and palindromia of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317708900 pubmed publisher..These genes could function as potential prognostic genes contributing to improve patients' outcomes and survival. ..
- Wang Y, Yu L, Zhao T, Xu J, Liu Z, Liu Y, et al. No association between bipolar disorder and syngr1 or synapsin II polymorphisms in the Han Chinese population. Psychiatry Res. 2009;169:167-8 pubmed publisher..A case-control study with these two genes was conducted in 506 bipolar disorder patients and 507 healthy individuals from the Han Chinese population. No association was found in this study. ..
- Zhou Q, Wang F, Yang F, Wang Y, Zhang X, Sun S. Augmented humoral and cellular immune response of hepatitis B virus DNA vaccine by micro-needle vaccination using Flt3L as an adjuvant. Vaccine. 2010;28:1357-62 pubmed publisher..CTL response to the vaccine was stronger than that stimulated by intramuscular or micro-needle injections alone. Our study suggests useful strategies for improving the efficacy of vaccines against HBV and other pathogens. ..
- Guo X, Li D, Hu F, Song J, Zhang S, Deng W, et al. Targeting autophagy potentiates chemotherapy-induced apoptosis and proliferation inhibition in hepatocarcinoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2012;320:171-9 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that autophagy is a potential novel target to improve therapy efficiency of conventional chemotherapeutics towards HCC. ..
- Yang J, Yu L, Bi A, Zhao S. Assignment of the human reticulon 4 gene (RTN4) to chromosome 2p14-->2p13 by radiation hybrid mapping. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;88:101-2 pubmed
- Pan D, Wei L, Yao M, Wan D, Gu J. Down-regulation of CT120A by RNA interference suppresses lung cancer cells growth and sensitizes to ultraviolet-induced apoptosis. Cancer Lett. 2006;235:26-33 pubmed..These results suggested that CT120A was a novel lung cancer-related gene and CT120A might be a potential target for therapeutic anti-cancer drugs. ..
- Tang J, Li J, Qi W, Qiu W, Li P, Li B, et al. Inhibition of SREBP by a small molecule, betulin, improves hyperlipidemia and insulin resistance and reduces atherosclerotic plaques. Cell Metab. 2011;13:44-56 pubmed publisher..Betulin, which is abundant in birch bark, could be a leading compound for development of drugs for hyperlipidemia. ..
- Li W, Wang X, Li B, Lu J, Chen G. Diagnostic significance of overexpression of Golgi membrane protein 1 in prostate cancer. Urology. 2012;80:952.e1-7 pubmed publisher..These findings may suggest that GOLM1 is useful in the diagnosis or therapy of prostate cancer. However, GOLM1 overexpression is not associated with disease stage and grade. ..
- Liu Z, Shen T, Zhang P, Ma Y, Moyer M, Qin H. Protective effects of Lactobacillus plantarum against epithelial barrier dysfunction of human colon cell line NCM460. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:5759-65 pubmed..coli or enteroinvasive E. coli, and thus can be a potential candidate of therapeutic agents for the treatment of intestinal diseases. ..
- Ni Z, Tao K, Chen G, Chen Q, Tang J, Luo X, et al. CLPTM1L is overexpressed in lung cancer and associated with apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52598 pubmed publisher..These data indicate CLPTM1L is a mitochondria protein and that it may be associated with anti-apoptotic mechanism which affects drug-resistance in turn. ..
- Jin X, Huang F, Yang N, Lu B, Fei J, Guo L. GABA transporter 1 transcriptional starting site exhibiting tissue specific difference. Cell Res. 2001;11:161-3 pubmed
- Hu Y, Ying H, Xu Y. hF-LANa, a human homologue of Derlin family, regulating the expression of cancer-related genes promotes NIH3T3 cell transformation. Cancer Lett. 2007;258:171-80 pubmed..These experiments show the oncogenic transformation role of hF-LANa both in vitro and in vivo, and highlight the genes that might be related to hF-LANa's oncogenic effects. ..
- Liu Z, Ma Y, Yang J, Zhang P, Moyer M, Qin H. Expression of the Lactobacillus plantarum surface layer MIMP protein protected NCM460 epithelial cells from enteroinvasive Escherichia coli infection. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;27:99-108 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that NCM460/MIMP cells possessed EPEC anti-infective properties related to the activation of protein kinase C-η and occludin phosphorylation. ..
- Zhu K, Dai Z, Pan Q, Wang Z, Yang G, Yu L, et al. Metadherin promotes hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis through induction of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:7294-302 pubmed publisher..MTDH may promote HCC metastasis through the induction of EMT process and may be a candidate biomarker for prognosis as well as a target for therapy. ..
- Chen H, Fu Z, Chen L, Qiu C, Fu G, Li Y, et al. [Immune protection of tegument protein rSj29 against Schistosoma japonicum in mice]. Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi. 2009;27:476-82 pubmed..japonicum. mRNA level of Sj29 was the highest at the 32nd day post-infection. The recombinant protein rSj29 induces certain degree of protective immunity in mice. ..
- Zhang B, Tang X, Zhang H. Alternations of central insulin-like growth factor-1 sensitivity in APP/PS1 transgenic mice and neuronal models. J Neurosci Res. 2013;91:717-25 pubmed publisher..These findings may shed new light on the mechanisms underlying the defective IGF-1 signaling in AD pathogenesis and provide important clues for AD drug discovery. ..
- Lai C, Feng L. Implication of gamma-secretase in neuregulin-induced maturation of oligodendrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;314:535-42 pubmed..Our data suggest that gamma-secretase activation and EICD nuclear translocation are required for OL maturation induced by NRG, and ErbB4 acts as a functional receptor depending on a new signaling cascade. ..
- Lei Q, Zhang H, Zhao B, Zha Z, Bai F, Pei X, et al. TAZ promotes cell proliferation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition and is inhibited by the hippo pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2426-36 pubmed publisher..Our results elucidate a molecular mechanism for TAZ regulation and indicate a potential function of TAZ as an important target of the Hippo pathway in regulating cell proliferation tumorigenesis. ..
- Zhao Z, Li C, Yang L, Zhang X, Zhao X, Song X, et al. Significant association of 5p15.33 (TERT-CLPTM1L genes) with lung cancer in Chinese Han population. Exp Lung Res. 2013;39:91-8 pubmed publisher..24 in the combined population). The results provided the evidence of a cross-race susceptibility of the lung cancer locus. ..
- Pan D, Li J, Wei L, Yao M, Wan D, Gu J. Inhibitory effect of CT120B, an alternative splice variant of CT120A, on lung cancer cell growth. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2005;37:588-92 pubmed
- Jiang Y, Xie X, Zhang Y, Luo X, Wang X, Fan F, et al. Regulation of G-protein signaling by RKTG via sequestration of the G betagamma subunit to the Golgi apparatus. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:78-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal that RKTG can modulate GPCR signaling through sequestering G betagamma to the Golgi apparatus and thereby attenuating the functions of G betagamma. ..
- Li T, Zeng Z, Wang L, Qiu S, Zhou J, Zhi X, et al. Radiation enhances long-term metastasis potential of residual hepatocellular carcinoma in nude mice through TMPRSS4-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Cancer Gene Ther. 2011;18:617-26 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide new clues to suppress the radiation-induced dissemination and metastasis, thereby improve the prognosis of HCC patients. ..
- Deng Y, Liu L, Wang Y, Tang H, Ren R, Xu W, et al. The prevalence of CD33 and MS4A6A variant in Chinese Han population with Alzheimer's disease. Hum Genet. 2012;131:1245-9 pubmed publisher..Our data revealed the allele (T) of the rs3865444 polymorphism of the CD33 gene and the allele (C) of the rs610932 polymorphism of the MS4A6A gene may contribute to AD risk in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Chen Q, Chen Q, Feng G, Lindpaintner K, Chen Y, Sun X, et al. Case-control association study of the close homologue of L1 (CHL1) gene and schizophrenia in the Chinese population. Schizophr Res. 2005;73:269-74 pubmed..Sakurai) and the disease (X2=31.591, P<0.000001, OR=1.745, 95% CI=1.435-2.121). Our results confirm the positive association between CHL1 gene and schizophrenia and indicate that CHL1 may be involved in the etiology of schizophrenia. ..