Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on liver neoplasms in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: liver neoplasms
Publications257 found, 100 shown here
- Yang S, Nie A, Zhang L, Yan G, Yao J, Xie L, et al. A novel quantitative proteomics workflow by isobaric terminal labeling. J Proteomics. 2012;75:5797-806 pubmed publisher..Given its simplicity, low-cost, and accuracy, QITL can be widely applied in biological samples (cell lines, tissues, and body fluids, etc.) for quantitative proteomic research. ..
- Dong Q, Zhang X, Zhao Y, Jia H, Zhou H, Dai C, et al. Osteopontin promoter polymorphisms at locus -443 significantly affect the metastasis and prognosis of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2013;57:1024-34 pubmed publisher..05). The genetic variation at locus -443 of the OPN promoter plays important roles in the regulation of OPN expression and cancer progression of HCCs, which is a novel determinant and target for HCC metastasis and prognosis. ..
- Jin C, Ye Q, Yuan F, Gu Y, Li J, Shi Y, et al. Involvement of acid-sensing ion channel 1Î± in hepatic carcinoma cell migration and invasion. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:4309-17 pubmed publisher..Suppression of ASIC1Î± expression by RNAi attenuated the malignant phenotype of HCC cells, suggesting a novel approach for anticancer gene therapy. ..
- Wang Z, Liu L, Liu X, Hu J, Wu Y, Shi J, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of the multidrug resistance 1 gene MDR1 and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:7007-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present meta-analysis suggested that the presence of MDR1 mutant alleles might be a risk factor for HCC. ..
- Li Q, Li Y, Xu J, Wang S, Xu Y, Li X, et al. Aldolase B Overexpression is Associated with Poor Prognosis and Promotes Tumor Progression by Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Colorectal Adenocarcinoma. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:397-406 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of ALDOB promotes colorectal cancer metastasis by facilitating EMT and acts as a potential prognostic factor and therapeutic target in colorectal cancer. ..
- Shi L, Tang C, Yin C. Glycyrrhizin-modified O-carboxymethyl chitosan nanoparticles as drug vehicles targeting hepatocellular carcinoma. Biomaterials. 2012;33:7594-604 pubmed publisher..0%) and PTX injection (34.5%). CMCNP-GL with different substitution degrees possessed similar targeting property and therapeutic efficacy. Furthermore, toxicity studies suggested that blank CMCNP-GL had no systemic or hepatic toxicity. ..
- Zhu K, Pan Q, Zhang X, Kong L, Fan J, Dai Z, et al. MiR-146a enhances angiogenic activity of endothelial cells in hepatocellular carcinoma by promoting PDGFRA expression. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2071-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-146a plays a key role in regulating the angiogenic activity of ECs in HCC through miR-146a-BRCA1-PDGFRA pathway. MiR-146a and PDGFRA may emerge as potential anti-angiogenic targets on ECs for HCC therapy. ..
- Wang Y, Huang L, Sun W, Zhang Z, Fang J, Wei B, et al. Insulin receptor tyrosine kinase substrate activates EGFR/ERK signalling pathway and promotes cell proliferation of hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2013;337:96-106 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that IRTKS promotes the proliferation of HCC cells by enhancing EGFR-ERK signalling pathway. ..
- Huang P, Xu X, Wang L, Zhu B, Wang X, Xia J. The role of EGF-EGFR signalling pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma inflammatory microenvironment. J Cell Mol Med. 2014;18:218-30 pubmed publisher..CXCL5 could interact with CXCL8, possibly by CXCR2 or the cross-talk between CXCR2 and EGFR. EGF-EGFR signaling pathway can be the potential target of therapies for HCC. ..
- Dong Y, Zhu Z, Wang W, Mao F, Ji Z. Ultrasound features of hepatocellular adenoma and the additional value of contrast-enhanced ultrasound. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2016;15:48-54 pubmed
- Wu W, Sun H, Gao Y, Li Y, Wang L, Zhou K, et al. Reduction in p48-ISGFgamma levels confers resistance to interferon-alpha2a in MHCC97 cells. Oncology. 2004;67:428-40 pubmed..Our results confirm the important role of Jak/STATS signaling in the antiproliferative effects of IFN-alpha in tumor cells and indicate that defects in ISGF3 can cause resistance to IFN-alpha(2a) treatment. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu W, Li Q, Chen X, Liu B, Zhu Z. [Cloning and functional analysis of the tumor metastasis related gene tropomyosin2]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2007;29:644-8 pubmed..7 +/- 3.7). The tumor volume was (241.5 +/- 95.1) mm3, significantly higher than that in blank-vector controls (100.6 +/- 85.4) mm3 and negative-controls (123.7 +/- 92.3) mm3. TM2 plays a role in growth and metastasis of hepatic tumor. ..
- Zhang X, Liu S, Hu T, Liu S, He Y, Sun S. Up-regulated microRNA-143 transcribed by nuclear factor kappa B enhances hepatocarcinoma metastasis by repressing fibronectin expression. Hepatology. 2009;50:490-9 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a better understanding of the specificity of the biological behavior and thus may be helpful in developing an effective treatment against HBV-HCC. ..
- Li Y, Wang Y, Taniguchi T, Kawakami T, Baba T, Ishibashi H, et al. Identification of stemonamide synthetic intermediates as a novel potent anticancer drug with an apoptosis-inducing ability. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:474-84 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that the chemicals and its related compounds may be effective for the treatment of tumors of endoderm-derived organs, particularly the pancreas. ..
- Jia J, Wang W, Sun H, Liu L, Zhu X, Kong L, et al. A novel tripeptide, tyroserleutide, inhibits irradiation-induced invasiveness and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma in nude mice. Invest New Drugs. 2011;29:861-72 pubmed publisher..YSL may have potential as a new antimetastasis agent for radiotherapy. ..
- Liu L, Zhu X, Wang W, Shen Y, Qin Y, Ren Z, et al. Activation of beta-catenin by hypoxia in hepatocellular carcinoma contributes to enhanced metastatic potential and poor prognosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:2740-50 pubmed publisher..034), and coexpression of beta-catenin and HIF-1alpha in HCC was correlated with shorter overall survival and time to recurrence. beta-Catenin in HCC is activated by hypoxia and contributes to hypoxia-induced metastatic potential. ..
- Wang B, Huang G, Wang D, Li A, Xu Z, Dong R, et al. Null genotypes of GSTM1 and GSTT1 contribute to hepatocellular carcinoma risk: evidence from an updated meta-analysis. J Hepatol. 2010;53:508-18 pubmed publisher..001). This meta-analysis suggests null genotypes of GSTM1 and GSTT1 are both associated with increased HCC risk in Asians, and individuals with the dual null genotype of GSTM1/GSTT1 are particularly susceptible to developing HCC. ..
- Guo Y, Yu W, Shen X. Tumor necrosis factor rs361525 (-238G>A) polymorphism contributes to hepatocellular carcinoma susceptibility. Saudi Med J. 2010;31:1101-5 pubmed..253). Neither heterogeneity nor publication bias was detected when analyses were performed on all 4 models. This meta-analysis supports TNF rs361525 (-238G>A) polymorphism being associated with HCC in an Asian population. ..
- Yin J, Xie J, Liu S, Zhang H, Han L, Lu W, et al. Association between the various mutations in viral core promoter region to different stages of hepatitis B, ranging of asymptomatic carrier state to hepatocellular carcinoma. Am J Gastroenterol. 2011;106:81-92 pubmed publisher..C1673T, A1726C, A1727T, C1730G, C1766T, T1768A, C1773T, and C1799G in genotype C are specific for cirrhosis. A1846T and T1674C/G are novel factors independently associated with cirrhosis and HCC, respectively. ..
- Xiang Z, Zeng Z, Tang Z, Fan J, Sun H, Tan Y. Expression of cytokeratin 19 and matrix metalloproteinase 2 predicts lymph node metastasis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:3531-9 pubmed publisher..001), MMP-2 expression (P = 0.006), and UICC T stage (P < 0.001) were independent risk factors for developing LNM in HCC. These findings show that CK19 and MMP-2 expression may be beneficial in predicting HCC LNM and survival. ..
- Li L, Chen J, Wu X, Wang P, Peng Q. Plasmonic gold nanorods can carry sulfonated aluminum phthalocyanine to improve photodynamic detection and therapy of cancers. J Phys Chem B. 2010;114:17194-200 pubmed publisher..In addition, the loaded AlPcS can be photothermally released from AuNRs in the cells by the irradiation with an 800 nm femtosecond laser, demonstrating the potential for controlled drug release. ..
- Yu Y, Shen H, Yu H, Zhong F, Zhang Y, Zhang C, et al. Systematic proteomic analysis of human hepotacellular carcinoma cells reveals molecular pathways and networks involved in metastasis. Mol Biosyst. 2011;7:1908-16 pubmed publisher..This work provides a demonstration that a combination of bioinformatics and comparative proteomics can help in finding out potential biomarkers associated with HCC metastasis on the level of pathways. ..
- Cao L, Zhou Y, Zhai B, Liao J, Xu W, Zhang R, et al. Sphere-forming cell subpopulations with cancer stem cell properties in human hepatoma cell lines. BMC Gastroenterol. 2011;11:71 pubmed publisher..Nonadherent tumor spheres from hepatoma cell lines cultured in stem cell conditioned medium possess liver CSC properties, and the CSL-independent Notch signaling pathway may play a role in liver CSCs. ..
- Zhou Y, Yin X, Ying J, Zhang B. Golgi protein 73 versus alpha-fetoprotein as a biomarker for hepatocellular carcinoma: a diagnostic meta-analysis. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:17 pubmed publisher..0.86 (95%CI 0.84-0.87). The current evidence indicates that serum GP73 has a comparable accuracy to AFP for the diagnosis of HCC, while the value of serum GP73 in combination with AFP for HCC detection deserves further investigation. ..
- Guo X, Li D, Hu F, Song J, Zhang S, Deng W, et al. Targeting autophagy potentiates chemotherapy-induced apoptosis and proliferation inhibition in hepatocarcinoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2012;320:171-9 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that autophagy is a potential novel target to improve therapy efficiency of conventional chemotherapeutics towards HCC. ..
- Ao J, Meng J, Zhu L, Nie H, Yang C, Li J, et al. Activation of androgen receptor induces ID1 and promotes hepatocellular carcinoma cell migration and invasion. Mol Oncol. 2012;6:507-15 pubmed publisher..An AR antagonist was able to block this process, suggesting that AR activation in AR-positive HCC may be therapeutically inhibited as a potential intervention strategy. ..
- Wang L, Feng J, Da L, Li Y, Li Z, Zhao M. Adenovirus-mediated delivery of siRNA targeting TM4SF4 attenuated liver cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2013;45:213-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that targeting TM4SF4 might be a promising modality for inhibition of HCC. ..
- Lou X, Qi X, Zhang Y, Long H, Yang J. Decreased expression of microRNA-625 is associated with tumor metastasis and poor prognosis in patients with colorectal cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2013;108:230-5 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-625 may serve as an efficient clinical biomarker and a therapeutic tool for the inhibition of metastasis in CRC. ..
- Lian J, Jing Y, Dong Q, Huan L, Chen D, Bao C, et al. miR-192, a prognostic indicator, targets the SLC39A6/SNAIL pathway to reduce tumor metastasis in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:2672-83 pubmed publisher..This axis provided insights into the mechanism underlying miRNA regulation of HCC metastasis and a novel therapeutic target for HCC treatment. ..
- Zhang L, Li Z, Sun F, Xu Y, Du Z. Effect of inserted spacer in hepatic cell-penetrating multifunctional peptide component on the DNA intracellular delivery of quaternary complexes based on modular design. Int J Nanomedicine. 2016;11:6283-6295 pubmed..The present study contributed to the structural understanding of Q-complexes, and further effective modification is in progress. ..
- Liu H, Cui B, Xu Y, Hu C, Liu Y, Qu G, et al. Ethyl carbamate induces cell death through its effects on multiple metabolic pathways. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;277:21-32 pubmed publisher..These metabolomic and transcriptomic biomarkers of EC on human cell metabolism identified in this study would facilitate further studies on the risk assessment and the mitigation of dietary EC. ..
- He H, Dai F, Yu L, She X, Zhao Y, Jiang J, et al. Identification and characterization of nine novel human small GTPases showing variable expressions in liver cancer tissues. Gene Expr. 2002;10:231-42 pubmed..The above findings could be valuable for understanding the vesicular transport system and elucidating the molecular basis of liver cancer carcinogenesis. ..
- Liang Y, Lei T, Wu H, Su J, Wang L, Lei Q, et al. S-phase delay in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells induced by overexpression of integrin beta1. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:1689-96 pubmed
- Lou B, Liao X, Wu M, Cheng P, Yin C, Fei Z. High-density lipoprotein as a potential carrier for delivery of a lipophilic antitumoral drug into hepatoma cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:954-9 pubmed..HDL is a potential carrier for delivering lipophilic antitumoral drug to hepatoma cells. ..
- Ma D, Xu Z, Liang Y, Su J, Li Z, Zhang W, et al. Down-regulation of PTEN expression due to loss of promoter activity in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:4472-7 pubmed..Furthermore, the sequence analysis of 8 cells lines showed no mutation in the region of PTEN promoter and PTEN cDNA. PTEN expression is down-regulated in HCC cell lines probably due to loss of activity of PTEN promoter. ..
- Lian M, Liu Y, Yu S, Qian G, Wan S, Dixon K. Hepatitis B virus x gene and cyanobacterial toxins promote aflatoxin B1-induced hepatotumorigenesis in mice. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:3065-72 pubmed..Co-exposure to AFB1 and MC-LR tends to elevate the risk of liver tumors at 24 wk relative to exposure to one of them. The combinative effect of AFB1, cyanotoxins and HBVx on hepatotumorigenesis is weak at 24 wk. ..
- Hu Y, Li Z, Guo L, Wang L, Zhang L, Cai X, et al. MAGI-2 Inhibits cell migration and proliferation via PTEN in human hepatocarcinoma cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;467:1-9 pubmed..Finally, the molecular association between PTEN and MAGI-2 was confirmed. Our results suggested that PTEN played a critical role in MAGI-2-induced inhibition of cell migration and proliferation in HHCCs. ..
- Cheng H, Wang X, Zhao G, Chen D. Imaging findings and transcatheter arterial chemoembolization of hepatic malignancy with right atrial embolus in 46 patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:3563-8 pubmed..Encroachment of the RA is very rare in patients with hepatic malignancies. Furthermore, a prolongation of survival time is found in those patients who underwent TACE. ..
- Huang J, Zheng D, Qin F, Cheng N, Chen H, Wan B, et al. Genetic and epigenetic silencing of SCARA5 may contribute to human hepatocellular carcinoma by activating FAK signaling. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:223-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that the plasma membrane protein SCARA5 can contribute to HCC tumorigenesis and metastasis via activation of the FAK signaling pathway. ..
- Xue Y, Zhang X, Dong Q, Sun J, Dai C, Zhou H, et al. Thrombin is a therapeutic target for metastatic osteopontin-positive hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2010;52:2012-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, thrombin may be a potential therapeutic target to inhibit HCC metastasis in OPN+ patients. ..
- Chen R, Xia Y, Xue T, Zhang H, Ye S. Down-regulation of osteopontin inhibits metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via a mechanism involving MMP-2 and uPA. Oncol Rep. 2011;25:803-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that OPN-targeted therapy may be a promising strategy for the treatment of HCC metastases. ..
- Wang Z, Song L, Guo L, Yin M, Sun Y. Induction of differentiation by panaxydol in human hepatocarcinoma SMMC-7721 cells via cAMP and MAP kinase dependent mechanism. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2011;131:993-1000 pubmed..It suggested panaxydol might be of value for further exploration as a potential anti-cancer agent via cAMP and MAP kinase-dependent mechanism. ..
- Xu H, Huang W, Cai Y, Ding M, Gu J, Wei N, et al. HCCS1-armed, quadruple-regulated oncolytic adenovirus specific for liver cancer as a cancer targeting gene-viro-therapy strategy. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:133 pubmed publisher..SPDD-HCCS1 was able to elicit reduced toxicity and enhanced efficacy both in vitro and in vivo compared to a previously constructed oncolytic adenovirus. Ad.SPDD-HCCS1 could be a promising candidate for liver cancer therapy. ..
- Liao J, Zhang R, Qian H, Cao L, Zhang Y, Xu W, et al. Serum profiling based on fucosylated glycoproteins for differentiating between chronic hepatitis B and hepatocellular carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:308-14 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, serum glycoprotein fucosylation abnormalities have diverse forms in patients with HCC. MALDI-TOF MS profiling of aberrant serum fucosylated glycoproteins distinguished HCC from controls with high accuracy. ..
- Chen J, Shen B, Deng X, Zhan Q, Peng C. SKP1-CULLIN1-F-box (SCF)-mediated DRG2 degradation facilitated chemotherapeutic drugs induced apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:651-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that regulated degradation of DRG2 has a role in chemotherapeutic drug induced hepatocellular carcinoma cells apoptosis. ..
- Zhang J, Lai E, Zhou W, Fu S, Pan Z, Yang Y, et al. Selective hepatic vascular exclusion versus Pringle manoeuvre in liver resection for tumours encroaching on major hepatic veins. Br J Surg. 2012;99:973-7 pubmed publisher..SHVE was more efficacious than the Pringle manoeuvre in minimizing intraoperative bleeding and air embolism during partial hepatectomy for tumours encroaching on major hepatic veins, and decreased the postoperative liver failure rate. ..
- Qu X, Chen C, Wang J, Yan Z, Chen J, Gong G, et al. The efficacy of TACE combined sorafenib in advanced stages hepatocellullar carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:263 pubmed publisher..Of CTCAE grade IV or V toxicity was observed. TACE combined sorafenib significantly prolonged median overall survival time of patients with advanced HCC. ..
- Yang T, Cai S, Zhang J, Lu J, Lin C, Zhai J, et al. Krüppel-like factor 8 is a new Wnt/beta-catenin signaling target gene and regulator in hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39668 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of ?-catenin by shRNA rescues the enhanced HepG2 and Hep3B cells proliferation ability induced by overexpression of KLF8. ..
- Zhou Z, Dai Z, Zhou S, Fu X, Zhao Y, Shi Y, et al. Overexpression of HnRNP A1 promotes tumor invasion through regulating CD44v6 and indicates poor prognosis for hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:1080-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, overexpression of hnRNP A1 promotes HCC invasion by regulating the level of CD44v6 and indicates a poor prognosis for HCC patients after curative resection. ..
- Shen H, Zhu H, Yang C, Ji F. SENP2 regulates hepatocellular carcinoma cell growth by modulating the stability of ?-catenin. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13:3583-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that SENP2 might play a role in hepatocellular carcinoma cell growth control by modulating the stability of ?-catenin. ..
- Yang Y, Xia T, Li N, Zhang J, Yang Y, Cong W, et al. Combined effects of p53 and MDM2 polymorphisms on susceptibility and surgical prognosis in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Protein Cell. 2013;4:71-81 pubmed publisher..05). Thus, the combined p53 Pro/Pro and MDM2 G/G genotype is associated with increased risk of developing HCC and is an independent adverse prognostic indicator in early stage HCC. ..
- Jia Q, Dong Q, Qin L. CCN: core regulatory proteins in the microenvironment that affect the metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma?. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1203-14 pubmed publisher..We also propose that the CCN family proteins may play a central role in signaling the tumor microenvironment and regulating the metastasis of HCC. ..
- Wang X, Yuan Z, Zheng L, Yu F, Xiong W, Liu J, et al. Gene expression profiles in an hepatitis B virus transfected hepatoblastoma cell line and differentially regulated gene expression by interferon-alpha. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:1740-5 pubmed..These down-regulated genes identified by microarray analysis could serve as new targets for anti-HBV drug development or for novel therapies. ..
- Lei K, Wang Y, Zhu X, Lu P, Sun B, Jia H, et al. Identification of MSRA gene on chromosome 8p as a candidate metastasis suppressor for human hepatitis B virus-positive hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:172 pubmed..33 +/- 2.92 vs. 9.17 +/- 3.38, p = 0.008) and invasion (7.40 +/- 1.67 vs. 17.20 +/- 2.59, p= 0.0001) of HCCLM6 cell line. MSRA gene on chromosome 8p might possess metastasis suppressor activity in HCC. ..
- Wang C, Qi R, Li N, Wang Z, An H, Zhang Q, et al. Notch1 signaling sensitizes tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-induced apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells by inhibiting Akt/Hdm2-mediated p53 degradation and up-regulating p53-dependent DR5 expression. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16183-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that activation of Notch1 signaling may be a promising approach to improve the therapeutic efficacy of TRAIL-resistant HCC. ..
- Gan L, Guo K, Li Y, Kang X, Sun L, Shu H, et al. Up-regulated expression of stathmin may be associated with hepatocarcinogenesis. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:1037-43 pubmed..Stathmin expression correlates with hepatocarcinogenesis and tumor progression. This molecule may be a promising therapeutic target in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Wang K, Liu J, Yan Z, Li J, Shi L, Cong W, et al. Overexpression of aspartyl-(asparaginyl)-beta-hydroxylase in hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with worse surgical outcome. Hepatology. 2010;52:164-73 pubmed publisher..7 +/- 1.6 versus 51.9 +/- 2.8 months, and the 1- and 3- year survival rates were 97% and 52% versus 100% and 90% in AAH overexpression and underexpression patients, respectively (P < 0.001 for both)...
- Li J, Yang X, Sun H, Xu Y, Zhou J, Qiu S, et al. Up-regulation of Krüppel-like factor 8 promotes tumor invasion and indicates poor prognosis for hepatocellular carcinoma. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:2146-2157.e12 pubmed publisher..KLF8 up-regulation might be used to indicate poor prognosis or early recurrence of cancer in patients who have had surgery for HCC. ..
- Zhao Q, Guo Y, Feng B, Li L, Huang C, Jiao B. Neriifolin from seeds of Cerbera manghas L. induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2 cells. Fitoterapia. 2011;82:735-41 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, neriifolin could be considered a candidate for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Xu W, Cao L, Chen L, Li J, Zhang X, Qian H, et al. Isolation of circulating tumor cells in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma using a novel cell separation strategy. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:3783-93 pubmed publisher..It is likely clinically useful in diagnosis and monitoring of HCC and may have a role in clinical decision making. ..
- Xing Z, Tang X, Gao Y, Da L, Song H, Wang S, et al. The human LIS1 is downregulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and plays a tumor suppressor function. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;409:193-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that LIS1 plays a potential tumor suppressor role in the development and progression of HCC. ..
- Chen L, Zheng J, Zhang Y, Yang L, Wang J, Ni J, et al. Tumor-specific expression of microRNA-26a suppresses human hepatocellular carcinoma growth via cyclin-dependent and -independent pathways. Mol Ther. 2011;19:1521-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, hAFP-TERT dual promoter-mediated miR-26a expression could specifically exert potential antitumor activity and provide a novel targeting approach for cancer therapy. ..
- He Y, Cui Y, Wang W, Gu J, Guo S, Ma K, et al. Hypomethylation of the hsa-miR-191 locus causes high expression of hsa-mir-191 and promotes the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma. Neoplasia. 2011;13:841-53 pubmed..Our results suggest that hsa-miR-191 locus hypomethylation causes an increase in hsa-miR-191 expression in HCC clinical tissues and that this expression induces HCC cells to transition into mesenchymal-like cells. ..
- Liu X, Sheng W, Wang Y. An analysis of clinicopathological features and prognosis by comparing hepatoid adenocarcinoma of the stomach with AFP-producing gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2012;106:299-303 pubmed publisher..01). AFP-producing gastric cancer and HAS had more aggressive behavior than that of common gastric cancer. The prognosis of HAS was poorer than that of AFPPGC, therefore it should be distinguished from the latter. ..
- Luo Z, Yu G, Lee H, Li L, Wang L, Yang D, et al. The Nedd8-activating enzyme inhibitor MLN4924 induces autophagy and apoptosis to suppress liver cancer cell growth. Cancer Res. 2012;72:3360-71 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings support the clinical investigation of MLN4924 for liver cancer treatment and provide a preclinical proof-of-concept for combination therapy with an autophagy inhibitor to enhance therapeutic efficacy. ..
- Wang W, Zhao L, Yang Y, Wang R, Ren H, Zhao P, et al. Retinoic acid induced 16 enhances tumorigenesis and serves as a novel tumor marker for hepatocellular carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:2578-85 pubmed publisher..RAI16 could activate the phosphorylation of ERK1/2 and SMAD2/3. In conclusion, RAI16 may serve as a useful therapeutic agent for HCC gene therapy and tumor marker for HCC diagnosis. ..
- Dong A, Dong H, Wang Y, Gong J, Lu J, Zuo C. MRI and FDG PET/CT findings of hepatic epithelioid hemangioendothelioma. Clin Nucl Med. 2013;38:e66-73 pubmed publisher..Dual-time-point imaging may be not useful for differentiating benign lesions from HEH. Familiarity with the morphological and functional imaging findings of HEH is useful for recognition of this rare hepatic tumor. ..
- Chen Y, Wang X, Yan Z, Wang J, Luo J, Liu Q. Hepatic arterial infusion with irinotecan, oxaliplatin, and floxuridine plus systemic chemotherapy as first-line treatment of unresectable liver metastases from colorectal cancer. Onkologie. 2012;35:480-4 pubmed..5, 9.7, 3.2, 19.4, and 90.3%, respectively. This triplecombination chemotherapy as firstline treatment through HAI was well tolerated and effective in patients with unresectable liver metastases of CRC. ..
- Ji J, Gu X, Fang M, Zhao Y, Yi C, Wang A, et al. Expression of alpha 1,6-fucosyltransferase 8 in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma influences tumour progression. Dig Liver Dis. 2013;45:414-21 pubmed publisher..High alpha 1,6-fucosyltransferase 8 expression may play an important role in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma progression. ..
- Ding G, Liu H, Huang Q, Liang H, Ding Z, Liao Z, et al. HDAC6 promotes hepatocellular carcinoma progression by inhibiting P53 transcriptional activity. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:880-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest a previously unknown HDAC6-p53 molecular network controlling HCC development. ..
- Nie H, Cao Q, Zhu L, Gong Y, Gu J, He Z. Acetylcholine acts on androgen receptor to promote the migration and invasion but inhibit the apoptosis of human hepatocarcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61678 pubmed publisher..This study thus provides novel insights into carcinogenesis of liver cancer by local interaction between neurotransmitter Ach and hormone receptor AR in HCC. ..
- Li A, Zhou W, Lin C, Lang X, Wang Z, Yang X, et al. Surgical treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma with inferior vena cava tumor thrombus: a new classification for surgical guidance. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2013;12:263-9 pubmed..The present study aimed to evaluate hepatectomy and resection of inferior vena cava tumor thrombus (IVCTT) in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma, and the relationship between IVCTT classification and selection of surgical technique...
- Hou J, Zhou Y, Zheng Y, Fan J, Zhou W, Ng I, et al. Hepatic RIG-I predicts survival and interferon-? therapeutic response in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:49-63 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that RIG-I deficiency promotes HCC carcinogenesis and that hepatic RIG-I expression is lower in men than in women. RIG-I may therefore be a tumor suppressor in HCC and contribute to HCC gender disparity. ..
- Gao Q, Zhao Y, Wang X, Guo W, Gao S, Wei L, et al. Activating mutations in PTPN3 promote cholangiocarcinoma cell proliferation and migration and are associated with tumor recurrence in patients. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1397-407 pubmed publisher..We searched for mutations in human ICC tumor samples and investigated how they affect ICC cell function...
- Zuo J, Cai H, Wu Y, Ma H, Jiang W, Liu C, et al. TCP10L acts as a tumor suppressor by inhibiting cell proliferation in hepatocellular carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:61-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study has revealed a novel suppressor role of TCP10L in HCC, by inhibiting proliferation of HCC cells, which may facilitate the diagnosis and molecular therapy in HCC. ..
- Yuan X, Wang H, Jiang H, Tang M, Li Z, Zou X, et al. Multidisciplinary effort in treating children with hepatoblastoma in China. Cancer Lett. 2016;375:39-46 pubmed publisher..However, the protocol remains to be further optimized in standardizing surgical resection (including liver transplantation), refining risk stratification and risk-based chemotherapy. ..
- Li C, Liao J, Wu S, Fan J, Peng Z, Wang Z. Overexpression of DBC1, correlated with poor prognosis, is a potential therapeutic target for hepatocellular carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:511-517 pubmed publisher..To conclude, these findings demonstrated that DBC1 was essential in tumorigenesis and proliferation. Moreover, it was identified as a potential therapeutic target for HCC...
- Wu Y, Sun B, Zhang X, Wang S, He H, Qiao M, et al. Growth inhibition and apoptosis induction of Sulindac on Human gastric cancer cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2001;7:796-800 pubmed..The growth inhibition and apoptosis of HCC cells were greater than that of human gastric cancer cells. The different effects of apoptosis in gastric cancer cells may be related to the differentiation of the cells. ..
- Zhang X, Bian J, Zhang X, Zhang Z, Jiang F, Wang Q, et al. Are polymorphisms of N-acetyltransferase genes susceptible to primary liver cancer in Luoyang, China?. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:1457-62 pubmed..004, OR 95%CI:1.03-11.22). But no interaction was found between NAT2 and any environmental risk factors. The polymorphisms of NAT1 and NAT2 are not susceptible to PLC in Luoyang. Allele NAT1*10 interacts with occupational exposures. ..
- Zhang T, Sun H, Xu Y, Zhang K, Wang L, Qin L, et al. Overexpression of platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha in endothelial cells of hepatocellular carcinoma associated with high metastatic potential. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:8557-63 pubmed
- Fu Y, Fang Z, Liang Y, Zhu X, Prins P, Li Z, et al. Overexpression of integrin beta1 inhibits proliferation of hepatocellular carcinoma cell SMMC-7721 through preventing Skp2-dependent degradation of p27 via PI3K pathway. J Cell Biochem. 2007;102:704-18 pubmed..Together, these results suggested that overexpression of integrin beta1 inhibited cell proliferation by preventing the Skp2-dependent degradation of p27(Kip1) via PI3K pathway. ..
- Zhang S, Xu A, Chen X, Li D, Sun M, Wang Y. Clinicopathologic significance of mitotic arrest defective protein 2 overexpression in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:1827-34 pubmed publisher..It may be an early event in hepatocarcinogenesis and could be used as a potential prognostic indicator. ..
- Gu X, Qi P, Zhou F, Ji Q, Wang H, Dou T, et al. +49G > A polymorphism in the cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 gene increases susceptibility to hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinoma in a male Chinese population. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:83-7 pubmed publisher..31, 95% CI 1.03-1.66). These results suggested that the A/A genotype and A allele of rs231775 increased the risk of developing HBV-related HCC in a male Chinese population. ..
- Huang X, Huang Z, Tang Z, Xu B, Zheng Q, Zhou J, et al. [Experimental observation on the alteration of metastatic potential and its gene function net of residual hepatocellular carcinoma following palliative liver resection]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2010;90:1278-82 pubmed..To investigate the effects of palliative liver resection on metastatic potential and its gene function net of residual hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in nude mice model...