Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on leptin in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Cao H, Ye X, Ma J, Jiang H, Li S, Li R, et al. Mimecan, a Hormone Abundantly Expressed in Adipose Tissue, Reduced Food Intake Independently of Leptin Signaling. EBioMedicine. 2015;2:1718-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that mimecan is a satiety hormone in adipose tissue, and that mimecan inhibits food intake independently of leptin signaling by inducing IL-1Î² and IL-6 expression in the hypothalamus. ..
- Feng D, Wang Y, Mei Y, Xu Y, Xu H, Lu Y, et al. Stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 deficiency protects mice from immune-mediated liver injury. Lab Invest. 2009;89:222-30 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggests that SCD1 deficiency protects mice from liver injury in a leptin-dependent manner. ..
- Yu J, Ying M, Zhuang Y, Xu T, Han M, Wu X, et al. C-terminal deletion of the atrophin-1 protein results in growth retardation but not neurodegeneration in mice. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2471-8 pubmed publisher..These results support the model that poly-Q expanded Atrophin-1 proteins cause DRPLA in a manner independent of any functional interaction with wild-type Atrophin-1 proteins. ..
- Shen X, Tang Q, Huang J, Cai W. Vitamin E regulates adipocytokine expression in a rat model of dietary-induced obesity. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010;235:47-51 pubmed publisher..422, P < 0.05). Administration of VE decreases leptin and adiponectin expression in obese rats. This finding is consistent with the view that antioxidants can play an important role in the treatment of obesity-related diseases. ..
- Sun L, Yu Z, Ye X, Zou S, Li H, Yu D, et al. A marker of endotoxemia is associated with obesity and related metabolic disorders in apparently healthy Chinese. Diabetes Care. 2010;33:1925-32 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested a role of lipopolysaccharide via initiation of innate immune mechanism(s) in metabolic disorders. Prospective studies are needed to confirm these results. ..
- Zuo C, Huang Y, Bajis R, Sahih M, Li Y, Dai K, et al. Osteoblastogenesis regulation signals in bone remodeling. Osteoporos Int. 2012;23:1653-63 pubmed publisher..Future investigations on the endogenous regulation of osteoblastogenesis will increase the current knowledge required for the development of potential drug targets in the treatment of osteoporosis. ..
- Pan Y, Shu J, Gu H, Zhou D, Liu X, Qiao Q, et al. Erythropoietin improves insulin resistance via the regulation of its receptor-mediated signaling pathways in 3T3L1 adipocytes. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013;367:116-23 pubmed publisher..rHuEPO-induced EPOR protein expression and subsequent induction of pAKT and pSTAT5 suggest that the EPO-EPOR system may play a role in glucose metabolism within adipocytes...
- Jin H, Jiang B, Tang J, Lu W, Wang W, Zhou L, et al. Serum visfatin concentrations in obese adolescents and its correlation with age and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008;79:412-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, visfatin levels may decrease with age and be related to the HDL metabolism in obese adolescents. ..
- Xiang Y, Cheng Y, Li X, Li Q, Xu J, Zhang J, et al. Up-regulated expression and aberrant DNA methylation of LEP and SH3PXD2A in pre-eclampsia. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59753 pubmed publisher..We speculated that SH3PXD2A may take part in the pathogenesis of PE through its role in the regulation of trophoblast cell invasion in the period of placenta formation. ..
- Wang Y, Xu Z, Wang J, Xu S. DUSP19, a downstream effector of leptin, inhibits chondrocyte apoptosis via dephosphorylating JNK during osteoarthritis pathogenesis. Mol Biosyst. 2016;12:721-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the activity of JNK stimulated by leptin was suppressed by DUSP19 overexpression. The present study indicated that DUSP19, a downstream of leptin, inhibited apoptosis of chondrocytes through dephosphorylating JNK. ..
- Ge Y, Li J, Ni X, Guo C, Wang W, Duan T, et al. Cross talk between cAMP and p38 MAPK pathways in the induction of leptin by hCG in human placental syncytiotrophoblasts. Reproduction. 2011;142:369-75 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that endogenous hCG plays a significant role in maintaining leptin production in human placental syncytiotrophoblasts, and this effect involves a cross talk between cAMP and p38 MAPK pathways. ..
- Wang L, Wang X, Li Z, Xia T, Zhu L, Liu B, et al. PAQR3 has modulatory roles in obesity, energy metabolism, and leptin signaling. Endocrinology. 2013;154:4525-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study reveals that PAQR3 has an important physiological function in modulating obesity, energy metabolism, and leptin signaling. ..
- Zhang Z, Shen C, Li H, Fan Q, Ding J, Jin F, et al. Leptin induces the apoptosis of chondrocytes in an in vitro model of osteoarthritis via the JAK2â€‘STAT3 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:3684-90 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated the importance of leptin as a therapeutic target for the treatment of OA in the overweight population. ..