Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on introns in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Liu Y, Li J, Zhang F, Qin W, Yao G, He X, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the human ASB-8 gene encoding a novel member of ankyrin repeat and SOCS box containing protein family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;300:972-9 pubmed
- Niu W, Qi Y. An updated meta-analysis of endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene: three well-characterized polymorphisms with hypertension. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24266 pubmed publisher..We, via a comprehensive meta-analysis, ascertained the role of eNOS G894T and 4b/a polymorphisms on hypertension in Asians, and T-786C polymorphism in Whites. ..
- Liu L, Wang Z, Wang X, Zhu Q, Wang J. ABCB11 gene mutations in Chinese children with progressive intrahepatic cholestasis and low gamma glutamyltransferase. Liver Int. 2010;30:809-15 pubmed publisher..ABCB11 gene mutations causing PFIC2 have been reported in some population groups, but not in mainland Chinese...
- Jin F, Ji C, Liu L, Dai J, Gu S, Sun X, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human protein phosphatase 2C cDNA (PP2C epsilon*). Mol Biol Rep. 2004;31:197-202 pubmed..1 and contains 4 exons. RT-PCR analysis shows that the PP2C epsilon is widely expressed in human tissues and the expression levels in heart, placenta, lung, liver, kidney, and pancreas are relatively high. ..
- Yu C, Meng X, Zhang S, Zhao G, Hu L, Kong X. A 3-nucleotide deletion in the polypyrimidine tract of intron 7 of the DFNA5 gene causes nonsyndromic hearing impairment in a Chinese family. Genomics. 2003;82:575-9 pubmed..Because no other mutation in any other part of DFNA5 has ever been described, this finding might indicate that exon 8 of DFNA5 is indispensable for the development of hearing impairment. ..
- Gu X, Qi P, Zhou F, Ji Q, Wang H, Dou T, et al. An intronic polymorphism in the corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor 2 gene increases susceptibility to HBV-related hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese population. Hum Genet. 2010;127:75-81 pubmed publisher..61, 95% CI 1.13-2.31, P = 0.009). These results suggest that the rs2267716 polymorphism in the CRHR2 gene might influence the risk of developing HCC in patients with HBV infection in Chinese population. ..
- Fu W, Hou J, Wang D, Yu R. [A novel molecular mechanism of congenital FV deficiency: mutation in the intron acceptor splice site of human blood coagulation FV gene]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2003;83:24-6 pubmed..This mutation was confirmed by family screening. A single point mutation, AG-->GG at position 3' splice site of intron 8 mutation of FV gene is related to the pathogenesis of congenital FV deficiency. ..
- Zhan X, Wang B, Li H, Liu R, Kalia R, Zhu J, et al. Arabidopsis proline-rich protein important for development and abiotic stress tolerance is involved in microRNA biogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:18198-203 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIC is a unique factor required for the biogenesis of some miRNAs and degradation of some spliced introns and important for plant development and abiotic stress responses. ..
- Bang Ce Y, Xiaohe C, Ye F, Songyang L, Bincheng Y, Peng Z. Simultaneous genotyping of DRB1/3/4/5 loci by oligonucleotide microarray. J Mol Diagn. 2005;7:592-9 pubmed..The established method provides a rapid and inexpensive DRB "low-resolution" typing tool for prescreening a large number of samples. ..
- Yin Q, Yang L, Zhang Y, Xiang J, Wu Y, Carmichael G, et al. Long noncoding RNAs with snoRNA ends. Mol Cell. 2012;48:219-30 pubmed publisher..These sno-lncRNAs associate strongly with Fox family splicing regulators and alter patterns of splicing. These results thus implicate a previously unannotated class of lncRNAs in the molecular pathogenesis of PWS. ..
- Wei W, Mu S, Heiner M, Fu X, Cao L, Gong X, et al. YB-1 binds to CAUC motifs and stimulates exon inclusion by enhancing the recruitment of U2AF to weak polypyrimidine tracts. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8622-36 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest a vital role of YB-1 in activating a subset of weak 3' splice sites in mammalian cells. ..
- Dai B, Ying L, Cai R, Li Y, Zhang X, Lu J, et al. Identification of a nuclear matrix attachment region like sequence in the last intron of PI3Kgamma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:583-90 pubmed..Through combination of computer program analysis with confirmation by biochemical methods, we identified, for the first time, a 2 kb matrix attachment region like sequence in the last intron of human PI3Kgamma. ..
- Zhang B, Tan Z, Zhang C, Shi Y, Lin Z, Gu N, et al. Polymorphisms of chromogranin B gene associated with schizophrenia in Chinese Han population. Neurosci Lett. 2002;323:229-33 pubmed..01). Our results confirm the role of neuropeptides in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia. ..
- Wang L, Xu J, Zeng L, Ye X, Wu Q, Dai J, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel human STAR domain containing cDNA KHDRBS2. Mol Biol Rep. 2002;29:369-75 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis showed its transcript is ubiquitously expressed. The characterization of KHDRBS2 indicates it may link tyrosine kinase signaling cascades with some aspect of RNA metabolism. ..
- Xu J, Zhou Z, Zeng L, Huang Y, Zhao W, Cheng C, et al. Cloning, expression and characterization of a novel human REPS1 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1522:118-21 pubmed..The human REPS1 protein shares 83% amino acid identity with the mouse Reps1 protein. Northern blot analysis shows that the REPS1 is expressed in a variety of tissues, with the strongest expression in the heart and testis. ..
- Dai J, Xie Y, Wu Q, Wang L, Yin G, Ye X, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-like 2 (HSDL2) cDNA from fetal brain. Biochem Genet. 2003;41:165-74 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis shows that the HSDL2 gene is widely expressed in human tissues and the expression levels in liver, kidney, prostate, testis, and ovary are relatively high. ..
- Wu X, Wang Y, Sun Y. Molecular characterization, expression analysis and association study with immune traits of porcine PSMB6 gene. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:5465-70 pubmed publisher..05), immunoglobin G (IgG1, P < 0.05), white blood cell count (WBC, P < 0.05). Using the pig/rodent somatic cell hybrid panel (SCHP), we mapped the porcine PSMB6 gene to SSC12, in agreement with comparative mapping data...
- Wu Y, Yu L, Bi G, Luo K, Zhou G, Zhao S. Identification and characterization of two novel human SCAN domain-containing zinc finger genes ZNF396 and ZNF397. Gene. 2003;310:193-201 pubmed..Deletion analysis revealed that ZNF397-fu is a transcriptional activator without its nine zinc finger repeats. ..
- Zhao S, Li T, Zheng B, Zheng Z. Nitric oxide synthase 3 (NOS3) 4b/a, T-786C and G894T polymorphisms in association with diabetic retinopathy susceptibility: a meta-analysis. Ophthalmic Genet. 2012;33:200-7 pubmed publisher..To assess the association between the NOS3 4b/a, T-786C and G894T polymorphisms and diabetic retinopathy (DR) susceptibility...
- Pan H, Qin W, Huo K, Wan D, Yu Y, Xu Z, et al. Cloning, mapping, and characterization of a human homologue of the yeast longevity assurance gene LAG1. Genomics. 2001;77:58-64 pubmed..Furthermore, LASS2 protein was able to inhibit the colony formation of human hepatoma cells in vitro, which suggests that this gene may be involved in the regulation of cell growth. ..
- Ye X, Ji C, Zhou C, Zeng L, Gu S, Ying K, et al. Cloning and characterization of a human cDNA ACAD10 mapped to chromosome 12q24.1. Mol Biol Rep. 2004;31:191-5 pubmed..RT-PCR result shows that it is widely expressed in human tissues, especially high in liver, kidney, pancreas and spleen. It is hypothesized that this is a novel member of ACADs family. ..
- Long J, Cai X. Igf-2r expression regulated by epigenetic modification and the locus of gene imprinting disrupted in cloned cattle. Gene. 2007;388:125-34 pubmed
- Hu B, Chu S, Wang G, Gao P, Zhu D, Wang J. Association between genetic variation in transforming growth factors beta1 and beta3 and renal dysfunction in non-diabetic Chinese. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2008;30:121-31 pubmed publisher..007) and urinary albumin excretion (p = 0.022), respectively. Our study demonstrated the associations of genetic variants in the TGF-beta genes with renal dysfunction and albuminuria in non-diabetic Han Chinese men but not women. ..
- Gao C, Han B. Evolutionary and expression study of the aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH) gene superfamily in rice (Oryza sativa). Gene. 2009;431:86-94 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the specific rice ALDH genes might be potentially useful in rice genetic improvement. ..
- Wang B, Li Z, Xu L, Goggi J, Yu Y, Zhou J. Molecular cloning and characterization of rat karyopherin alpha 1 gene: structure and expression. Gene. 2004;331:149-57 pubmed..Our results suggest involvement of KPNA1 in the striatal responses to denervation following 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA)-induced lesion. ..
- Ye X, Ji C, Huang Q, Cheng C, Tang R, Xu J, et al. Isolation and characterization of a human putative receptor protein kinase cDNA STYK1. Mol Biol Rep. 2003;30:91-6 pubmed..The STYK1 gene is mapped to human chromosome 12p13 and 11 exons were found. RT-PCR showed that STYK1 is widely expressed in human tissues. ..
- Jiang L, Mu J, Zhang Q, Ni T, Srinivasan P, Rayavara K, et al. PfSETvs methylation of histone H3K36 represses virulence genes in Plasmodium falciparum. Nature. 2013;499:223-7 pubmed publisher..PfSETvs knockout parasites expressing all PfEMP1 proteins may also be applied to the development of a malaria vaccine. ..
- Gou L, Kang J, Dai P, Wang X, Li F, Zhao S, et al. Ubiquitination-Deficient Mutations in Human Piwi Cause Male Infertility by Impairing Histone-to-Protamine Exchange during Spermiogenesis. Cell. 2017;169:1090-1104.e13 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings identify Piwi as a factor in human infertility and reveal its role in regulating the histone-to-protamine exchange during spermiogenesis. ..
- Li J, Ji C, Yang Q, Chen J, Gu S, Ying K, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel human TGF-beta activated kinase-like gene. Biochem Genet. 2004;42:129-37 pubmed..TAKL was also expressed strongly in breast carcinoma GI-101, colon adenocarcinoma GI-112, and prostatic adenocarcinoma PC3. ..
- Li K, Cai R, Dai B, Zhang X, Wang H, Ge S, et al. SATB1 regulates SPARC expression in K562 cell line through binding to a specific sequence in the third intron. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;356:6-12 pubmed..Our results show for the first time that forced-expression of SATB1 in K562 cells triggers SPARC up-regulation by binding to a 17bp DNA sequence in the third intron. ..
- Guo L, Luo X, Zhao A, Huang H, Wei Z, Chen L, et al. A novel heterozygous nonsense mutation of keratin 5 in a Chinese family with Dowling-Degos disease. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2012;26:908-10 pubmed publisher..We identified a novel keratin 5 (K5) nonsense mutation designated c.C10T (p.Gln4X) in exon 1 of the KRT5 gene. Our data expand the spectrum of mutations in the KRT5 gene underlying DDD. ..
- Shao W, Zhao Q, Wang X, Xu X, Tang Q, Li M, et al. Alternative splicing and trans-splicing events revealed by analysis of the Bombyx mori transcriptome. RNA. 2012;18:1395-407 pubmed publisher..The conservation of splicing events across species and newly identified trans-splicing events suggest that B. mori is a good model for future studies. ..
- Shen Y, Zhang J, Xu X, Fu J, Li J. A new haplotype variability in complement C6 is marginally associated with resistance to Aeromonas hydrophila in grass carp. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:1360-5 pubmed publisher..hydrophila in grass carp. These findings suggest a lack of strong association of the C6 polymorphisms with the A. hydrophila resistance in grass carp. ..
- Liu Y, Du Y, Liu W, Yang C, Liu Y, Wang H, et al. Lack of association between NLGN3, NLGN4, SHANK2 and SHANK3 gene variants and autism spectrum disorder in a Chinese population. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56639 pubmed publisher..Association analysis of 6 common SNPs in NLGN4 did not find significant difference between ASD cases and controls. These findings showed that these genes may not be major disease genes in Chinese ASD cases. ..
- Lu M, Wang X, Wang F, Wang S, Lin R, Wang S, et al. WNK4 polymorphisms and essential hypertension in the Uyghur population. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2009;31:179-85 pubmed publisher..Further study should be conducted to observe the role of this gene on hypertension in other populations. ..
- Tu Q, Yu L, Zhang P, Zhang M, Zhang H, Jiang J, et al. Cloning, characterization and mapping of the human ATP5E gene, identification of pseudogene ATP5EP1, and definition of the ATP5E motif. Biochem J. 2000;347 Pt 1:17-21 pubmed..J. 265, 321-326], we provide evidence of yet further homologous sequences (either gene or pseudogene) of ATP5E, in addition to ATP5E and ATP5EP1 in the human genome. ..
- Jin X, Huang F, Yang N, Lu B, Fei J, Guo L. GABA transporter 1 transcriptional starting site exhibiting tissue specific difference. Cell Res. 2001;11:161-3 pubmed
- Wang Z, Tian S, Shi Y, Zhou P, Wang Z, Shu R, et al. A single C to T transition in intron 5 of LMBR1 gene is associated with triphalangeal thumb-polysyndactyly syndrome in a Chinese family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:312-7 pubmed..We postulate that the disruption of this cis-regulator via a single C to T transition results in the dysregulation of SHH, which leads to the TPT-PS found in this case. ..
- Liu Q, Yu L, Gao J, Fu Q, Zhang J, Zhang P, et al. Cloning, tissue expression pattern and genomic organization of latexin, a human homologue of rat carboxypeptidase A inhibitor. Mol Biol Rep. 2000;27:241-6 pubmed..9 kb according to the genomic sequence of the clone RP11-79M21 and the gap sequence cloned in this paper. LXN was assigned to 3q25-q26.2 according to the position of the marker SHGC-35682 found adjacent to LXN gene. ..
- Liang L, Zhao M, Xu Z, Yokoyama K, Li T. Molecular cloning and characterization of CIDE-3, a novel member of the cell-death-inducing DNA-fragmentation-factor (DFF45)-like effector family. Biochem J. 2003;370:195-203 pubmed..Consistent with its chromosome localization at 3p25, a region associated with high frequency loss of heterozygosity in many tumours, CIDE-3 may play an important role in prevention of tumorigenesis. ..
- Chen J, Yin G, Lu Y, Lou M, Cheng H, Ni X, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel human cDNA encoding a J-domain protein (DNAJA5) from the fetal brain. Int J Mol Med. 2004;13:735-40 pubmed..6 kb of the genomic sequence. The reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction analysis indicated that it was expressed in the human brain, placenta, kidney and pancreas. DNAJA5 might play a role in co-operating with Hsp70. ..
- Luan X, Yu H, Wei X, Zhou Y, Wang W, Li P, et al. GPR54 polymorphisms in Chinese girls with central precocious puberty. Neuroendocrinology. 2007;86:77-83 pubmed..Further studies on the polymorphisms are needed for the exact mechanism. ..
- Zhou Z, Ying K, Dai J, Tang R, Wang W, Huang Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel peptidylprolyl isomerase (cyclophilin)-like gene (PPIL3) from human fetal brain. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;92:231-6 pubmed..The PPIL3 gene consisted of eight exons spanning more than 18 kb of genomic DNA. RT-PCR analysis indicated that PPIL3 was ubiquitously expressed in adult human tissues. ..
- Li Z, Yu L, Zhang Y, Gao J, Zhang P, Wan B, et al. Identification of human, mouse and rat PPP1R14A, protein phosphatase-1 inhibitor subunit 14A, & mapping human PPP1R14A to chromosome 19q13.13-q13.2. Mol Biol Rep. 2001;28:91-101 pubmed..In addition, we mapped human PPP1R14A to chromosome 19q13.13-q13.2 by radiation hybrid mapping, and determined that the human PPP1R14A gene spanned a 5.1-kb region and consisted of four exons and three introns. ..
- Liu L, Wu H, Wang Q, Zhu Y, Zhang W, Guan L, et al. Association between thyroid stimulating hormone receptor gene intron polymorphisms and autoimmune thyroid disease in a Chinese Han population. Endocr J. 2012;59:717-23 pubmed..010, OR=1.368). The allele A of rs179247 was associated with ophthalmopathy in GD patients. These data suggest that the polymorphisms of rs12101255 and rs3783938 are associated with GD and HT, respectively...
- Zeng L, Zhang C, Xu J, Ye X, Wu Q, Dai J, et al. A novel splice variant of the cell adhesion molecule contactin 4 ( CNTN4) is mainly expressed in human brain. J Hum Genet. 2002;47:497-9 pubmed..According to the search of the human genome database, CNTN4 was mapped to 3p25-26, a region very close to the breakpoints of the 3p syndrome. Expression analysis of CNTN4A shows that CNTN4A is mainly expressed in brain. ..
- Zhu N, Zhang D, Xie H, Zhou Z, Chen H, Hu T, et al. Endothelial-specific intron-derived miR-126 is down-regulated in human breast cancer and targets both VEGFA and PIK3R2. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;351:157-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-126 could target both VEGFA and PIK3R2, and its expression was decreased in human breast cancer, implying that miR-126 may play a role in tumor genesis and growth by regulating the VEGF/PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. ..
- Wang S, Wang J, Yu N, Li C, Luo B, Gou J, et al. Control of plant trichome development by a cotton fiber MYB gene. Plant Cell. 2004;16:2323-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cotton and Arabidopsis use similar transcription factors for regulating trichomes and that GaMYB2 may be a key regulator of cotton fiber development...
- Zhou G, Wang J, Zhang Y, Zhong C, Ni J, Wang L, et al. Cloning, expression and subcellular localization of HN1 and HN1L genes, as well as characterization of their orthologs, defining an evolutionarily conserved gene family. Gene. 2004;331:115-23 pubmed publisher..Based on sequence alignments and phylogenetic analysis, all these homologous genes and pseudogenes were defined as a HN1 gene family...
- Li J, Chen X, Wang S, Sun X, Zhang Y, Yu L, et al. [Cloning, genomic organization and promoter activity of the mouse zinc finger protein gene ZF-12]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2003;30:311-6 pubmed..This research provides a basis for further study on ZF-12 by gene targeting. ..
- Zhao J, Yang X, Gong X, Gu Z, Duan W, Wang J, et al. Functional variant in methionine synthase reductase intron-1 significantly increases the risk of congenital heart disease in the Han Chinese population. Circulation. 2012;125:482-90 pubmed publisher..Our results accentuate the significance of functional single-nucleotide polymorphisms in noncoding regions of the homocysteine/folate metabolism pathway core genes for their potential contributions to the origin of CHD. ..
- Zeng L, Zhou Z, Xu J, Zhao W, Wang W, Huang Y, et al. Molecular cloning, structure and expression of a novel nuclear RNA-binding cyclophilin-like gene (PPIL4) from human fetal brain. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;95:43-7 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis indicated that PPIL4 gene expression is abundant in kidney but has a ubiquitously low expression pattern in other human adult tissues. ..
- Chen J, Xu J, Ying K, Cao G, Hu G, Wang L, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human BTB domain-containing gene, BTBD10, which is down-regulated in glioma. Gene. 2004;340:61-9 pubmed..All these data suggested that BTBD10 might play a role in glioma. ..
- Du Z, Fei T, Verhaak R, Su Z, Zhang Y, Brown M, et al. Integrative genomic analyses reveal clinically relevant long noncoding RNAs in human cancer. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:908-13 pubmed publisher..It also demonstrates the power of integrating publically available genomic data sets and clinical information for discovering disease-associated lncRNAs. ..
- Wang E, Sun S, Qiao B, Duan W, Huang G, An Y, et al. Identification of functional mutations in GATA4 in patients with congenital heart disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62138 pubmed publisher..Together with the newly reported mutations, approximately 110 non-synonymous mutations have currently been identified in GATA4. Our future analysis will explore why the evolutionarily conserved GATA4 appears to be hypermutable. ..
- Liu C, Wu Y, Li H, Qi Q, Langenberg C, Loos R, et al. MTNR1B rs10830963 is associated with fasting plasma glucose, HbA1C and impaired beta-cell function in Chinese Hans from Shanghai. BMC Med Genet. 2010;11:59 pubmed publisher..A common variant in MTNR1B was associated with fasting glucose, HbA1C and HOMA-B but not with sleep status in Chinese Hans from Shanghai, strengthening the role of MTNR1B rs10830963 in fasting glycemia and impaired beta-cell function. ..
- Dai J, Ji C, Gu S, Wu Q, Wang L, Xu J, et al. Cloning and sequence analysis of the human cDNA encoding the synaptoporin (delta), a highly conservative synaptic vesicle protein. Mol Biol Rep. 2003;30:185-91 pubmed..This gene was mapped to the chromosome 3p14.3 by matching against the Human Genome Sequence Database. 16-tissue RT-PCR analysis shows that human synaptoporin is specifically expressed in the brain. ..
- Wang X, Zheng Z, Song H, Xu Y. Conserved RNA cis-elements regulate alternative splicing of Lepidopteran doublesex. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2014;44:1-11 pubmed publisher..Activation of the 5' splice site requires regulatory cis-elements in exons 3 for female-specific splicing of Lepidoptera dsx. ..
- Shi J, Cai D, Chen X, Sheng H. Cloning of rabbit HPRT gene using the recombineering system. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2007;39:591-8 pubmed..This system may facilitate the subcloning of DNA from bacterial artificial chromosomes for cloning genes of large size or filling big gaps in genomic sequencing. ..
- Chen G, Liu X, Zhang Y, Lin S, Yang Z, Johansson J, et al. Full-length minor ampullate spidroin gene sequence. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52293 pubmed publisher..The repeats are more conserved within A. ventricosus MiSp than compared to repeats from homologous proteins, and are interrupted by two nonrepetitive spacer regions, which have 100% identity even at the nucleotide level. ..
- Yuan H, Li N, Fu D, Ren J, Hui J, Peng J, et al. Histone methyltransferase SETD2 modulates alternative splicing to inhibit intestinal tumorigenesis. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3375-3391 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies highlight SETD2 as an integral regulator of Wnt signaling through epigenetic regulation of RNA processing during tissue regeneration and tumorigenesis. ..
- Shi J, Cai D, Chen X, Sheng H. Cloning and characterization of the rabbit POU5F1 gene. DNA Seq. 2008;19:56-61 pubmed..1. The cloning of the rabbit POU5F1 gene will facilitate studies on its roles in rabbit embryogenesis and ES cells. ..
- Chen J, Huang S, Ji C, Pang R, Xie Y, Xue J. Identification, expression pattern, and subcellular location of human RIP isoforms. DNA Cell Biol. 2005;24:464-9 pubmed..All EGFP-hRIP fusion proteins were located at the nucleus in the HEK293 cell. The two-polar molecular structure of hRIP might be involved in the basic cell function, and plays a role in the alternative nuclear ingress. ..
- Lu R, Gao X, Chen Y, Ni J, Yu Y, Li S, et al. Association of an NFKB1 intron SNP (rs4648068) with gastric cancer patients in the Han Chinese population. BMC Gastroenterol. 2012;12:87 pubmed publisher..Homozygous rs4648068 GG was associated with an increased risk of gastric cancer, especially for the lymph node status and serosa invasion in Han Chinese population. ..
- Wang C, Fang Q, Zhang R, Lin X, Xiang K. Scanning for MODY5 gene mutations in Chinese early onset or multiple affected diabetes pedigrees. Acta Diabetol. 2004;41:137-45 pubmed
- Huang X, Niu J, Sun M, Zhu J, Gao J, Yang J, et al. CYCLIN-DEPENDENT KINASE G1 is associated with the spliceosome to regulate CALLOSE SYNTHASE5 splicing and pollen wall formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:637-48 pubmed publisher..We propose that CDKG1 is recruited to U1 snRNP through RSZ33 to facilitate the splicing of the sixth intron of CalS5. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang X, Chen T, Xiang J, Yin Q, Xing Y, et al. Circular intronic long noncoding RNAs. Mol Cell. 2013;51:792-806 pubmed publisher..This study thus suggests a cis-regulatory role of noncoding intronic transcripts on their parent coding genes. ..
- Zhang T, Xiong H, Kan L, Zhang C, Jiao X, Fu G, et al. Genomic sequence, structural organization, molecular evolution, and aberrant rearrangement of promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:11422-7 pubmed..The chromosomal breakpoints and joining sites in the index acute promyelocytic leukemia case with t(11;17) also were characterized, which suggests the involvement of DNA damage-repair mechanism. ..
- Xu M, Zhou Z, Cheng C, Zhao W, Tang R, Huang Y, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel human TEKTIN1 gene. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2001;33:1172-82 pubmed..By in-situ hybridization analysis, TEKTIN1 mRNA was localized to spermatocytes and round spermatids in the seminiferous tubules of the mouse testis, indicating that it may play a role in spermatogenesis. ..
- Zhao Y, Yu L, Fu Q, Chen W, Jiang J, Gao J, et al. Cloning and characterization of human DDX24 and mouse Ddx24, two novel putative DEAD-Box proteins, and mapping DDX24 to human chromosome 14q32. Genomics. 2000;67:351-5 pubmed..Moreover, the gene structure of DDX24 was determined by comparing its cDNA and genomic sequence from BAC R-1089B7, which showed that the gene spanned a 30-kb region and consisted of at least nine exons. ..
- Rong Y, Liu F, Zeng L, Ma W, Wei D, Han Z. Cloning and characterization of a novel human secretory protein: secretogranin III. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:411-7 pubmed..SgIII may take effect in the biogenesis of secretory granules as a helper protein and be involved in the production or release of peptide hormones in the regulated secretory pathway. ..
- Zhang Q, Huang Y, Zhang Y, Fang X, Claës A, Duchateau M, et al. A critical role of perinuclear filamentous actin in spatial repositioning and mutually exclusive expression of virulence genes in malaria parasites. Cell Host Microbe. 2011;10:451-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, actin polymerization relocates var genes from a repressive to an active perinuclear compartment, which is crucial for P. falciparium phenotypic variation and pathogenesis. ..