Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Publications1665 found, 100 shown here
- Li J, Chen X, Gong X, Liu Y, Feng H, Qiu L, et al. A transcript profiling approach reveals the zinc finger transcription factor ZNF191 is a pleiotropic factor. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:241 pubmed publisher..Our analysis reveals for the first time that ZNF191 is a pleiotropic factor that has a role in hematopoiesis, brain development and cancers. ..
- Wang X, Zhao Y, Yang R, Wu J, Sun J, Zhang X, et al. The prevalence of factor VIII inhibitors and genetic aspects of inhibitor development in Chinese patients with haemophilia A. Haemophilia. 2010;16:632-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the prevalence of inhibitors in Chinese HA patients is much lower than that reported for other ethnic groups and the large deletion and nonsense mutations are high risk factors for high titre inhibitor development. ..
- Xiong W, Ren Z, Qiu S, Sun H, Wang L, Liu B, et al. Residual hepatocellular carcinoma after oxaliplatin treatment has increased metastatic potential in a nude mouse model and is attenuated by Songyou Yin. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:219 pubmed publisher..13/15 and 3/15 vs. 13/15, respectively). The surviving HCC after oxaliplatin treatment underwent EMT and demonstrated increased metastatic potential. Attenuation of EMT by Songyou Yin may improve the efficacy of chemotherapy in HCC. ..
- Ding G, Liu Y, Wu M, Yang G, Yang J, Cong W. Diagnosis and treatment of hepatic angiomyolipoma. J Surg Oncol. 2011;103:807-12 pubmed publisher..Hepatic angiomyolipoma is more frequently encountered in clinical practice, its diagnosis is difficult, its treatment remains controversial. We review a single-center experience in the treatment of hepatic angiomyolipoma...
- Yi Z, Zhu L, Long B. [Clinical observation on treatment of major depressive disorder by paroxetine combined with chaihu xiaoyao mixture]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2010;30:1257-60 pubmed..05). Combined treatment of CXM and paroxetine is more effective than that with paroxetine alone in treating MDD, and it could enhance the clinical efficacy with higher safety. ..
- Chen Z, Zhang Z, Gu Y, Bai C. Impaired migration and cell volume regulation in aquaporin 5-deficient SPC-A1 cells. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2011;176:110-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that AQP5, which mediates water permeability and thus regulates cell shape and volume, is a potentially important determinant in cell migration. ..
- Wu H, Cheng J, Li J, Yin Y, Hua J, Xu J. Pulmonary embolism detection and characterization through quantitative iodine-based material decomposition images with spectral computed tomography imaging. Invest Radiol. 2012;47:85-91 pubmed publisher..To assess the diagnostic value of pulmonary embolism (PE) detection and characterization through quantitative iodine-based material decomposition images with spectral computed tomography (CT) imaging...
- Zhang S, Ji F, Tong D, Li M. Side-to-side neurorrhaphy for high-level peripheral nerve injuries. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2012;154:527-32 pubmed publisher..Age, gender and location of the injured nerve did not correlate with sensory or motor nerve function. Side-to-side neurorrhaphy appears to be promising as a feasible method for repair of high-level peripheral nerve injuries. ..
- Qi J, Zhang K, Zhang Q, Sun Y, Fu T, Li G, et al. Identification, characterization, and epitope mapping of human monoclonal antibody J19 that specifically recognizes activated integrin ?4?7. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15749-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, J19 is a potentially powerful tool for both studies on ?(4)?(7) activation mechanism and development of novel therapeutics targeting the activated lymphocyte expressing high affinity ?(4)?(7). ..
- Jiang L, Cheng Z, Qiu S, Que Z, Bao W, Jiang C, et al. Altered let-7 expression in Myasthenia gravis and let-7c mediated regulation of IL-10 by directly targeting IL-10 in Jurkat cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2012;14:217-23 pubmed publisher..We also showed that let-7c could regulate IL-10 expression in Jurkat cells. In summary, our results suggest that abnormal expression/regulation of microRNAs may contribute to or be indicative of the initiation and progression of MG...
- Li C, Li Z, Zhu M, Zhao T, Chen L, Ji W, et al. Clinicopathological and prognostic significance of survivin over-expression in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44764 pubmed publisher..Survivin subcellular location may be an important factor impacting on ESCC development. Larger prospective studies should be performed to evaluate the status of survivin in predicting prognosis of patients with ESCC. ..
- Liu J, Wang F, Wu Y, Huang X, Sheng L, Xu J, et al. Meta-analysis of the effect of KCNQ1 gene polymorphism on the risk of type 2 diabetes. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:3557-67 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this meta-analysis suggests that rs2237892, rs2237895, rs2237897, rs2283228, and rs231362 polymorphisms in KCNQ1 are associated with elevated T2D risk. ..
- Wen H, Feng C, Ding G, Meng D, Ding Q, Fang Z, et al. Med19 promotes bone metastasis and invasiveness of bladder urothelial carcinoma via bone morphogenetic protein 2. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2013;17:259-64 pubmed publisher..Med19 is a critical factor involved in the invasiveness and promotion of bone metastasis of BCa, possibly via BMP-2. ..
- Qiu J, Lin Y, Ye L, Ding J, Feng W, Jin H, et al. Overexpression of long non-coding RNA HOTAIR predicts poor patient prognosis and promotes tumor metastasis in epithelial ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;134:121-8 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that HOTAIR plays a vital role in EOC metastasis and could represent a novel prognostic marker and potential therapeutic target in patients with EOC. ..
- Chen X, Cheng J, Gu X, Sun Y, Politis C. Development of preoperative planning software for transforaminal endoscopic surgery and the guidance for clinical applications. Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg. 2016;11:613-20 pubmed publisher..TE-Guider provides an efficient and cost-effective way to search the ideal path and entry point for the puncture. However, more clinical cases will be conducted to demonstrate its feasibility and reliability. ..
- Pan Y, Lv J, Guo R, Pan M, Zhang Y. Pituitary Prolactinoma Imaged by 99mTc-Sestamibi SPECT/CT in a Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 1 Patient. Clin Nucl Med. 2016;41:497-9 pubmed publisher..Bromocriptine treatment gradually reduced the prolactin level. ..
- Zheng L, Chen P, Zhou Y, Xiao W. [Fat deposition in skeletal muscle and its regulation]. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2017;69:344-350 pubmed..This paper reviews the research progresses and main mechanisms of fat deposition in skeletal muscle. ..
- Yao C, Tu Y, Ding L, Li C, Wang J, Fang H, et al. Tumor Cell-Specific Nuclear Targeting of Functionalized Graphene Quantum Dots In Vivo. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2608-2619 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that IFP is a previously unrecognized mechanism for specific targeting of tumor cell nuclei and suggested that sulfonic-GQDs may be developed into novel tools for tumor-specific imaging and therapeutics...
- Mao M, Yu M, Tong J, Ye J, Zhu J, Huang Q, et al. RIG-E, a human homolog of the murine Ly-6 family, is induced by retinoic acid during the differentiation of acute promyelocytic leukemia cell. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:5910-4 pubmed..It seems that so far RIG-E is the closest human homolog of the LY-6 family. Expression of RIG-E is not restricted to myeloid differentiation, because it is also present in thymocytes and in a number of other tissues at different levels. ..
- Li N, Nie H, Yu Q, Zhang J, Ma A, Shen B, et al. Role of soluble Fas ligand in autoimmune diseases. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:3151-6 pubmed..sFasL may be involved in either induction of apoptosis or autoimmune diseases. Furthermore, sFasL may have potential application in treatment of autoimmune diseases. ..
- Zhao X, Tang R, Xiao Z, Shi Y, Feng G, Gu N, et al. An investigation of the dihydropyrimidinase-like 2 (DPYSL2) gene in schizophrenia: genetic association study and expression analysis. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2006;9:705-12 pubmed
- Guo W, Jiang H, Gray V, Dedhar S, Rao Y. Role of the integrin-linked kinase (ILK) in determining neuronal polarity. Dev Biol. 2007;306:457-68 pubmed..These results reveal a key role of ILK in the formation of neuronal polarity and suggest a signaling pathway important for neuronal polarity. ..
- Shao L, Ren H, Wang W, Zhang W, Feng X, Li X, et al. Novel SLC12A3 mutations in Chinese patients with Gitelman's syndrome. Nephron Physiol. 2008;108:p29-36 pubmed publisher..There were no mutations detected in the CLCNKB gene. Thr60Met may be the most common mutation in Chinese patients with GS. Possible specific genotype-phenotype correlations were difficult to identify. ..
- Zhang Y, Wu Q, Zhang M, Song B, DU X, Lu B. Evaluating subconjunctival bleb function after trabeculectomy using slit-lamp optical coherence tomography and ultrasound biomicroscopy. Chin Med J (Engl). 2008;121:1274-9 pubmed..The morphological classification supported the assessment of bleb function and could provide objective data for evaluating the outcome of antiglaucoma surgery or the need for a second procedure. ..
- Chang X, Jin T, Chen L, Nordberg M, Lei L. Metallothionein I isoform mRNA expression in peripheral lymphocytes as a biomarker for occupational cadmium exposure. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009;234:666-72 pubmed publisher..294, P < 0.01) and urinary albumin (UALB) (r = 0.305, P < 0.01). The latter finding indicates that MT-IA mRNA expression in HPBLs may be used as a biomarker for renal dysfunction in occupational cadmium exposure. ..
- Guo W, Miao Z, Sheng C, Yao J, Feng H, Zhang W, et al. Synthesis and evaluation of 9-benzylideneamino derivatives of homocamptothecin as potent inhibitors of DNA topoisomerase I. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:2223-8 pubmed publisher..3 nM-9.8 nM against breast cancer cell than topotecan. As compared to CPT, compound 6f revealed higher topoisomerase I inhibitory activity. ..
- Chen J, Chen S, Li Y, Hua Y, Li H. Is the extended release of the inferior glenohumeral ligament necessary for frozen shoulder?. Arthroscopy. 2010;26:529-35 pubmed publisher..The extended release of the inferior and posterior IGHL would improve ROM more rapidly within the first 3 months postoperatively. Level I, therapeutic randomized controlled trial. ..
- Congbin Y, Aibin L, Congli Y, Juan X, Lanjun B, Weiping Z, et al. Overexpression of complement receptor type I (CR1, CD35) on erythrocytes in patients with hemoplasma infection. Microbiol Immunol. 2010;54:460-5 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that hemoplasma infection can induce high levels of expression of CR1 on the membrane of red blood cells, which may be a reaction to the immunity challenge. ..
- Jin B, Ni H, Geshang Q, Li Y, Shen W, Shi H. HLA-DR4 antigen and idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy susceptibility: a meta-analysis involving 11,761 subjects. Tissue Antigens. 2011;77:107-11 pubmed publisher..54; 95% CI, 1.11-2.12; P = 0.009). In conclusion, our results suggest that HLA-DR4 antigen is a low-penetrant risk factor for developing IDC in Europeans. ..
- Xu Y, Xu M, Bi Y, Song A, Huang Y, Liu Y, et al. Serum fetuin-A is correlated with metabolic syndrome in middle-aged and elderly Chinese. Atherosclerosis. 2011;216:180-6 pubmed publisher..064; P = 0.009). Serum fetuin-A levels were strongly and independently associated with MetS and its components in community-dwelling Chinese adults. ..
- Xiao C, Tao Z, Guo L, Li W, Wan J, Sun H, et al. Isomalto oligosaccharide sulfate inhibits tumor growth and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma in nude mice. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:150 pubmed publisher..IMOS is a potential anti-HCC candidate through inhibition of ERK and JNK signaling independent of p53 and worth studying further in patients with HCC, especially at advanced stages. ..
- Fu Q, Cao Y. Tissue engineering and stem cell application of urethroplasty: from bench to bedside. Urology. 2012;79:246-53 pubmed publisher..Stem cells can provide the seed cells for urologic tissue engineering, but much basic research is still needed before their clinical use is possible. ..
- Fang Y, Xue J, Shen Q, Chen J, Tian L. MicroRNA-7 inhibits tumor growth and metastasis by targeting the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2012;55:1852-62 pubmed publisher..By targeting PIK3CD, mTOR, and p70S6K, miR-7 efficiently regulates the PI3K/Akt pathway. Given these results, miR-7 may be a potential therapeutic or diagnostic/prognostic target for treating HCC. ..
- Hou D, Long W, Shen J, Zhao L, Pang X, Xu C. Characterisation of the bacterial community in expressed prostatic secretions from patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome and infertile men: a preliminary investigation. Asian J Androl. 2012;14:566-73 pubmed publisher..05). According to this research, the ecological balance of the prostate and low urethra tract, when considered as a microenvironment, might play an important role in the maintenance of a healthy male reproductive tract...
- Du Z, Chen M, He Q, Zhou Y, Jin T. Polymerized spermine as a novel polycationic nucleic acid carrier system. Int J Pharm. 2012;434:437-43 pubmed publisher..PSP-Amide exhibited significantly higher gene silencing activity in COS-7 cells, suggesting the linkage structures play an important role in the activity of the polyspermine-based nucleic acid carriers...
- Liu G, Jiang D, Shen S, Yu L. Murine double minute 2 promoter SNP309 polymorphism and prostate cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Int J Urol. 2012;19:914-20 pubmed publisher..The effect of murine double minute 2 309 G allele on tumorigenesis might be influenced by sex and hormonal status. ..
- Cheng J, Cheng S, Gao L, Lu G, Wei R. Intraocular pressure-lowering effects of commonly used fixed-combination drugs with timolol: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45079 pubmed publisher..The aim of this systematic review and meta-analysis is to evaluate IOP-lowering effect of the commonly used fixed-combination drugs containing 0.5% timolol...
- Zhang Z, Liu Y, Yin X, Zhan P, Gu Y, Ni X. Loss of BRCA1 expression leads to worse survival in patients with gastric carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2013;19:1968-74 pubmed publisher..Loss of expression of BRCA1 and MDC1 may serve as predictive factors in tumor development or progression in GC patients. ..
- Shao X, Liu Q, Zhang C, Zheng X, Chen J, Zha Y, et al. Concanavalin A-conjugated poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(lactic acid) nanoparticles for intranasal drug delivery to the cervical lymph nodes. J Microencapsul. 2013;30:780-6 pubmed publisher..36-2.52 times increase of targeting efficiency, demonstrating that ConA-NP is a potential carrier for targeted drug delivery to the cervical lymph nodes via nasal route...
- Dong W, Chen J, He Y, Xu J, Mei Y. Resveratrol inhibits K(v)2.2 currents through the estrogen receptor GPR30-mediated PKC pathway. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;305:C547-57 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal, for the first time, that REV inhibited K(v)2.2 currents through PKC-dependent pathways and a nongenomic action of the oestrogen receptor GPR30. ..
- Huang X, Liang Y, Li Q. Safety and efficacy of hyaluronic acid for the correction of nasolabial folds: a meta-analysis. Eur J Dermatol. 2013;23:592-9 pubmed publisher..Our meta-analysis proved both safety and efficacy for HA fillers. Juvederm™ family achieved the best efficacy, while the adverse event incidence for Juvederm™ family was significantly higher than for other HA products. ..
- Sun H, Tang H, Xie D, Jia Z, Ma Z, Wei D, et al. KrÃ¼ppel-like Factor 4 Blocks Hepatocellular Carcinoma Dedifferentiation and Progression through Activation of Hepatocyte Nuclear Factor-6. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:502-12 pubmed publisher..The dysregulated KLF4/HNF-6 pathway drives dedifferentition and progression of HCC, and KLF4 is a biomarker for accurate prognostication of patients with HCC treated by OLT when integrated with the Milan Criteria. ..
- Ge J, Jia Q, Liang C, Luo Y, Huang D, Sun A, et al. Advanced glycosylation end products might promote atherosclerosis through inducing the immune maturation of dendritic cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:2157-63 pubmed..These findings might explain in part the interactive roles of AGEs and DCs in the processes of atherosclerosis. ..
- Xu L, Kluwe L, Zhang T, Li S, Mou Y, Sang Z, et al. Chinese herb mix Tiáo-G?ng-T?ng possesses antiaging and antioxidative effects and upregulates expression of estrogen receptors alpha and beta in ovariectomized rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011;11:137 pubmed publisher..However, it is superior in up regulating ER? and ? and exhibits antioxidative antiaging activities. Whilst it shares similar effects with estrogen, TG-decoction also seems to have distinctive and more complex functions and activities. ..
- Shi Y, Ding Y, Lei Y, Yang X, Xie G, Wen J, et al. Identification of novel rare mutations of DACT1 in human neural tube defects. Hum Mutat. 2012;33:1450-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings, together with early reports, suggest that rare mutations of the PCP-related genes may constitute a great contribution to human NTDs...
- Chen H, Ma X, Ye M, Hou Y, Xie H, Bai Y. Effectiveness and toxicities of intensity-modulated radiotherapy for patients with locally recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73918 pubmed publisher..More optimized combination treatment and patient selection are required to achieve excellent local control without significant late morbidities in locally recurrent NPC. ..
- Zheng W, Zheng J, Ma R, Meng F, Ni C. Relationship between levels of Skp2 and P27 in breast carcinomas and possible role of Skp2 as targeted therapy. Steroids. 2005;70:770-4 pubmed..Thus far, there is no specific therapy for the ER-negative and HER-2/neu resistant groups, which are among the subset of aggressive tumors. ..
- Zhong J, Li S, Xu S, Wan L. Surgical treatment of ventral mesencephalic cavernoma. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2007;149:1057-61 pubmed
- Ji L, Chen Y, Wang Z. The toxic effect of pyrrolizidine alkaloid clivorine on the human embryonic kidney 293 cells and its primary mechanism. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2008;60:87-93 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that clivorine itself has direct toxicity on HEK293 cells, and phosphorylated JNK may play some role in counteracting the toxicity of clivorine on HEK293 cells. ..
- Qiu W, Gu X, Ye J, Han L, Bai H, Wang X, et al. [Clinical and mutational study of a Chinese infant with isovaleric acidemia]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2008;46:526-30 pubmed..466G > C (G127A) mutation could severely damage the function of the IVD protein. To our knowledge, this is the first characterization of IVD gene mutations in the mainland of China. ..
- Liu Z, Wu J, Ping B, Feng L, Shen Z, Shao Z. [Expression of CK5/6 and CK17 and its correlation with prognosis of triple-negative breast cancer patients]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2008;30:610-4 pubmed..To investigate the correlation of CK5/6 and CK17 expression with clinical outcome in patients with triple-negative [ER(-), PR(-), Her-2(-)] breast cancer...
- Meng F, Yang J, Liu T, Zhu X, Li G. Electric communication between the inner part of a cell and an electrode: the way to look inside a cell. Anal Chem. 2009;81:9168-71 pubmed publisher..For the test in this work, one drug, kaempferol, and one dye molecule, methylene blue, inside the cells have been detected by the commonly used electrochemical method linear scan voltammetry, and satisfactory results have been obtained. ..
- Zhong L, Wei K, Yang X, Pan H, Ye D, Wang L, et al. Overexpression of Galectin-1 is negatively correlated with pathologic differentiation grade in oral squamous cell carcinoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2010;136:1527-35 pubmed publisher..Galectin-1 protein expression level increases in OSCC, it may serve as a candidate marker for pathologic differentiation grade of OSCC. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang S, Gong D, Qin Y, Shen Q. Programmed death-1 upregulation is correlated with dysfunction of tumor-infiltrating CD8+ T lymphocytes in human non-small cell lung cancer. Cell Mol Immunol. 2010;7:389-95 pubmed publisher..These data provide direct evidence that the PD-1/PD-L1 pathway is involved in CD8+ T-cell dysfunction in NSCLC patients. Moreover, blocking this pathway provides a potential therapy target in lung cancer. ..
- Yang Y, Yang Y, Liang B, Liu J, Li J, Grunnet M, et al. Identification of a Kir3.4 mutation in congenital long QT syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2010;86:872-80 pubmed..Heterologous expression studies with Kir3.4-Gly387Arg revealed a loss-of-function electrophysiological phenotype resulting from reduced plasma membrane expression. Our findings suggest a role for Kir3.4 in the etiology of LQTS. ..
- Shi G, Ke A, Zhou J, Wang X, Xu Y, Ding Z, et al. CD151 modulates expression of matrix metalloproteinase 9 and promotes neoangiogenesis and progression of hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2010;52:183-96 pubmed publisher..Multivariate Cox proportional hazards analysis showed that the concomitant overexpression of CD151, MMP9, and MVD was an independent marker for predicting poor prognosis of HCC...
- Li J, Liang S, Lu X. [Potential role of ezrin and its related microRNA in ovarian cancer invasion and metastasis]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2010;45:787-92 pubmed..05). increased expression of miR-183 and miR-22 may both repress the protein level of ezrin, indicating that miR-183 and miR-22 may bear a potential role in inhibiting ovarian cancer metastasis in a ezrin-mediated way. ..
- Hao Z, Zheng L, Kluwe L, Huang W. Ferritin light chain and squamous cell carcinoma antigen 1 are coreceptors for cellular attachment and entry of hepatitis B virus. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:827-34 pubmed publisher..The data strongly suggest that FTL and SCCA1 may serve as coreceptors in HBV cellular attachment and virus entry into hepatocytes. ..
- Li C, Nie H, Wang M, Su L, Li J, Yu B, et al. MicroRNA-409-3p regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis by targeting PHF10 in gastric cancer. Cancer Lett. 2012;320:189-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that miR-409-3p may function as a novel tumor suppressor in GC and its anti-oncogenic activity may involve the direct targeting and inhibition of PHF10. ..
- Ding G, Feng C, Song N, Fang Z, Xia G, Jiang H, et al. Paraneoplastic symptoms: cachexia, polycythemia, and hypercalcemia are, respectively, related to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression in renal clear cell carcinoma. Urol Oncol. 2013;31:1820-5 pubmed publisher..Relations between PNS and VEGF expression in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has not been studied yet. The results we gained hereby can help us further understand the mechanistic of PNS in RCC. ..
- Zhu Y, Luo Y, Cao M, Liu Y, Liu X, Wang W, et al. Significance of palmitoylation of CD81 on its association with tetraspanin-enriched microdomains and mediating hepatitis C virus cell entry. Virology. 2012;429:112-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that palmitoylation of CD81 should facilitate HCV entry, at least in part, by regulating the association of CD81 with tetraspanin-enriched microdomains. ..
- Lili Y, Yi W, Ji Y, Yue S, Weimin S, Ming L. Global activation of CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes correlates with an impairment in regulatory T cells in patients with generalized vitiligo. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37513 pubmed publisher..This knowledge furthers our understanding of the mechanisms of immune tolerance that are impaired in GV patients and may aid in the future development of effective immunotherapy for GV patients. ..
- Du Y, Xie J, Chang W, Han Y, Cao G. Genome-wide association studies: inherent limitations and future challenges. Front Med. 2012;6:444-50 pubmed publisher..In this article, we used hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) as an example to demonstrate some of the inherent limitations and summarized future challenges of GWAS. ..
- Zhu C, Tan H, Cheng T, Shen H, Shao J, Guo Y, et al. Human ?-defensin 3 inhibits antibiotic-resistant Staphylococcus biofilm formation. J Surg Res. 2013;183:204-13 pubmed publisher..HBD-3 has the potential to eliminate the biofilm formation of Staphylococcus, especially antibiotic-resistant strains, effectively. ..
- Li J, Wei B, Guo A, Liu C, Huang S, Du F, et al. Deficiency of ?-arrestin1 ameliorates collagen-induced arthritis with impaired TH17 cell differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:7395-400 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a critical role for ?-arrestin1 in the pathogenesis of collagen-induced arthritis and T(H)17 cell differentiation and suggest ?-arrestin1 as a potential diagnostic biomarker and therapeutic target for RA. ..
- Wang D, Ma Z, Li Y, Wang Y, Zhao B, Wei J, et al. miR-150, p53 protein and relevant miRNAs consist of a regulatory network in NSCLC tumorigenesis. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:492-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-150, p53 protein and relevant miRNAs are members of a regulatory network in NSCLC tumorigenesis. ..
- Yin J, Wang G. The Mediator complex: a master coordinator of transcription and cell lineage development. Development. 2014;141:977-87 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the most recent advances in understanding the mechanisms of Mediator function, with an emphasis on its role during development and disease. ..
- Liu M, Wu W, Sun X, Yang J, Xu J, Fu W, et al. New insights into CD4(+) T cell abnormalities in systemic sclerosis. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2016;28:31-6 pubmed publisher..Herein, we review recent data on various CD4(+) T helper cell subsets in SSc, and discuss potential roles of these cells in promoting inflammation and fibrosis. ..
- Chang S, Li Y, Yuan F, Qu M, Song Y, Zhang Z, et al. Monomeric CXCL12 outperforms its dimeric and wild type variants in the promotion of human endothelial progenitor cells' function. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:303-310 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that monomeric CXCL12 was the fundamental form, which played important roles in endothelial progenitor cells' proliferation, migration, and tube-formation. ..
- Xia H, Li F, Li Z, Zhang Z. Purification and characterization of Moschatin, a novel type I ribosome-inactivating protein from the mature seeds of pumpkin (Cucurbita moschata), and preparation of its immunotoxin against human melanoma cells. Cell Res. 2003;13:369-74 pubmed..04 nM, 1500 times lower than that of free Moschatin. The results implied that Moschatin could be used as a new potential anticancer agent. ..
- Wu X, Zhang L, Shi B, Hu P. Inhibitory effects of N-(4-hydrophenyl) retinamide on liver cancer and malignant melanoma cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:5763-9 pubmed..4-HPR is a potent inhibitor of HCC migration and inducer of melanoma cell apoptosis. CST and p27(kip1) expression might be associated with 4-HPR-induced apoptosis. ..
- Zhu W, Mao Y, Zhou L, Zhang R, Chen L. Combined subtemporal and retrosigmoid keyhole approach for extensive petroclival meningioma surgery: report of experience with 7 cases. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2007;50:106-10 pubmed..Our experience of 7 cases using a combined subtemporal and retrosigmoid keyhole approach surgery was evaluated for the treatment of extensive petroclival meningiomas...
- Guan M, Zhang J, Chen Y, Liu W, Kong N, Zou H. High-resolution melting analysis for the rapid detection of an intronic single nucleotide polymorphism in SLC22A12 in male patients with primary gout in China. Scand J Rheumatol. 2009;38:276-81 pubmed publisher..HRM analysis is a simple, rapid and accurate one-tube assay for genotyping the SLCSSA12 gene. The rs893006 polymorphism in SLC22CA12 was confirmed to be a genetic risk for hyperuricaemia among the Chinese male population. ..
- Yin L, Zhao X, Cui L, Ding J, He M, Tang C, et al. Cytotoxicity and genotoxicity of superporous hydrogel containing interpenetrating polymer networks. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:1139-45 pubmed publisher..4, 2.0, and below 0.2 ppm, respectively. Lack of these low molecular monomers and crosslinker that were mainly responsible for the toxicity provided evidence for the good biocompatibility of the SPH-IPN. ..
- Qiu L, Mao C, Zhang J, Zhu X, Liao R, Xue K, et al. Predictive and prognostic value of KRAS mutations in metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated with cetuximab: a meta-analysis of 22 studies. Eur J Cancer. 2010;46:2781-7 pubmed publisher..Patients with tumours that harbour mutant-type KRAS are more likely to have a worse response, PFS, and OS when treated with cetuximab. ..
- Cheng L, Wu Q, Guryanova O, Huang Z, Huang Q, Rich J, et al. Elevated invasive potential of glioblastoma stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;406:643-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate the invasive nature of GSCs, suggesting that disrupting GSCs through a specific target such as L1CAM may reduce GBM cancer invasion and tumor recurrence. ..
- Zhang J, Ge L, Qi W, Zhang L, Miao H, Li B, et al. The N-terminal domain of NPC1L1 protein binds cholesterol and plays essential roles in cholesterol uptake. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25088-97 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers the mechanism of cholesterol sensing by NPC1L1 and proposes a mechanism for selective cholesterol absorption. ..
- Min H, Ghatnekar G, Ghatnekar A, You X, Bu M, Guo X, et al. 2-Methoxyestradiol induced Bax phosphorylation and apoptosis in human retinoblastoma cells via p38 MAPK activation. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51:576-85 pubmed publisher..This understanding of 2ME's ability may help develop it as a promising therapeutic candidate by inducing apoptosis in a Rb. ..
- Guo Q, Guo B, Wang Y, Wu J, Jiang W, Zhao S, et al. Functional analysis of ?1,3/4-fucosyltransferase VI in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;417:311-7 pubmed publisher..Bath application of the PI3K inhibitor blocked FUT6-induced Akt phosphorylation, p21 suppression and cell proliferation. Our results suggest that FUT6 plays an important role in HCC growth by regulating the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Karageorgopoulos D, Qu J, Korbila I, Zhu Y, Vasileiou V, Falagas M. Accuracy of Î²-D-glucan for the diagnosis of Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia: a meta-analysis. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2013;19:39-49 pubmed publisher..Still, in clinical practice the test results should be interpreted in the context of the underlying clinical characteristics of the individual patient. ..
- Cao P, Zhou L, Zhang J, Zheng F, Wang H, Ma D, et al. Comprehensive expression profiling of microRNAs in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Head Neck. 2013;35:720-8 pubmed publisher..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are noncoding RNAs involved in posttranscriptional regulation of gene expression in cancer and provide new perspectives on the development of laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)...
- Zhu S, Pan W, Song X, Liu Y, Shao X, Tang Y, et al. The microRNA miR-23b suppresses IL-17-associated autoimmune inflammation by targeting TAB2, TAB3 and IKK-?. Nat Med. 2012;18:1077-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, IL-17 contributes to autoimmune pathogenesis by suppressing miR-23b expression in radio-resident cells and promoting proinflammatory cytokine expression. ..
- Wu Y, Wang X, Xu W, Liu W, Fang F, Ding J, et al. Genetic variation in LINGO-1 (rs9652490) and risk of Parkinson's disease: twelve studies and a meta-analysis. Neurosci Lett. 2012;522:67-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present meta-analysis does not support the notion that LINGO1 rs9652490 SNP is a major genetic risk factor for PD. ..
- Tang C, Zhao H, Li M, Du M, Meng Y, Li D. Focal adhesion kinase signaling is necessary for the Cyclosporin A-enhanced migration and invasion of human trophoblast cells. Placenta. 2012;33:704-11 pubmed publisher..These results may help provide a rationale to develop a novel therapeutic strategy for pregnancy disorders from insufficient trophoblast invasion. ..
- Dai R, Li J, Fu J, Chen Y, Wang R, Zhao X, et al. The tyrosine kinase c-Met contributes to the pro-tumorigenic function of the p38 kinase in human bile duct cholangiocarcinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:39812-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that the link between p38 and c-Met is implicated in the progression of human cholangiocarcinoma. ..
- Cai W, Li X, Su C, Fan L, Zheng L, Fei K, et al. ROS1 fusions in Chinese patients with non-small-cell lung cancer. Ann Oncol. 2013;24:1822-7 pubmed publisher..ROS1 fusions occurred in ?2.0% of Chinese patients with NSCLC and had no specific clinicopathological feature. ROS1 fusion-negative patients may have a better survival than ROS1 fusion-positive patients. ..
- Zhao Y, Chen Z, Rewuti A, Ma Y, Wang X, Xia Q, et al. quantitative assessment of the influence of cytochrome P450 1A2 gene polymorphism and colorectal cancer risk. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71481 pubmed publisher..No significant heterogeneity was detected in most of comparisons. This meta-analysis suggests that the CYP1A2 *F and *C polymorphism is a protective factor against CRC among Asians. ..
- Zou Y, Xu L, Chen W, Zhu Y, Chen T, Fu Y, et al. Discovery of pyrazole as C-terminus of selective BACE1 inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;68:270-83 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that the vicinity of Pro70 and Thr72 might be utilized as a subsite, and the discovered pyrazole derivatives might provide useful hints for developing novel BACE1 inhibitors as anti-AD drugs. ..
- Meng Y, Wang S, Li C, Qian M, Zheng Y, Yan X, et al. TKD peptide as a ligand targeting drug delivery systems to memHsp70-positive breast cancer. Int J Pharm. 2016;498:40-8 pubmed publisher..The findings demonstrated that TKD peptide is a potential ligand which can target drug delivery systems to memHsp70-positive breast cancer. ..