Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Publications1807 found, 100 shown here
- Shen Q, Sun J, Wu J, Liu C, Chen F. An in vitro investigation of the mechanical-chemical and biological properties of calcium phosphate/calcium silicate/bismutite cement for dental pulp capping. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2010;94:141-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CPCSBi will be a good candidate for use as a dental pulp-capping agent in future. ..
- Xu Z, Zheng Y, Zhu Y, Kong X, Hu L. Evidence for OTUD-6B participation in B lymphocytes cell cycle after cytokine stimulation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14514 pubmed publisher..In addition, cyclin D2 level was down-regulated when OTUD-6B WT was overexpressed. Therefore, down-regulation of Otud-6b expression after prolonged cytokine stimulation may be required for cell proliferation in B lymphocytes. ..
- Song Y, Wang H, Wang B, Qi H, Rong Z, Chen H. Atropine in ameliorating the progression of myopia in children with mild to moderate myopia: a meta-analysis of controlled clinical trials. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2011;27:361-8 pubmed publisher..In summary, 0.5% and 1% atropine was demonstrated to be effective and safe to ameliorate myopia progression in childhood with low-to-moderate myopia. ..
- Shu S, Li T, Fang F, He H, Zhou Q, Gu W, et al. [Relieving pre-exam anxiety syndrome with wrist-ankle acupuncture: a randomized controlled trial]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2011;9:605-10 pubmed..05, P<0.01). No adverse reaction was reported. Wrist-ankle acupuncture can relieve the symptoms of pre-exam anxiety syndrome significantly, and this therapy is highly safe. ..
- Ye X, Hu X, Wang H, Liu J, Zhao Q. Polyelectrolyte multilayer film on decellularized porcine aortic valve can reduce the adhesion of blood cells without affecting the growth of human circulating progenitor cells. Acta Biomater. 2012;8:1057-67 pubmed publisher..The in vitro studies performed in this work suggest that it may be reasonable to use heparin-chitosan multilayer film as a means of surface modification to improve the blood compatibility of decellularized valvular scaffold. ..
- Jin W, Jiang S, Jiang L, Dai L. Differential responsiveness to 17?-estradiol of mesenchymal stem cells from postmenopausal women between osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. Osteoporos Int. 2012;23:2469-78 pubmed publisher..These results may provide information for clinical application of MSCs in the differential setting of estrogen deficiency. ..
- Peng L, Guo J, Zhang Z, Shi H, Wang J, Wang J. IL28B rs12979860 polymorphism does not influence outcomes of hepatitis B virus infection. Tissue Antigens. 2012;79:302-5 pubmed publisher..05). These results suggest that rs12979860 does not have such a strong effect in hepatitis B compared to hepatitis C. ..
- Liu H, Zhang H, Yu J, Xu C, Ding J, Yue J. Cytotoxic diterpenoids from Sapium insigne. J Nat Prod. 2012;75:722-7 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1-4 exhibited significant cytotoxicity against the A-549 tumor cell line (IC(50) 0.2-1.8 ?M), while compounds 1-3 showed moderate cytotoxicity against the HL-60 cell line (IC(50) 2.7-6.5 ?M)...
- Li H, Xu W, Huang Y, Huang X, Xu L, Lv Z. Genistein demethylates the promoter of CHD5 and inhibits neuroblastoma growth in vivo. Int J Mol Med. 2012;30:1081-6 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that genistein plays an important role in inhibiting NB growth in vivo, probably preventing tumorigenesis risk as a kind of therapeutic agent for NB treatment in the future. ..
- Liu H, Liu Z, Chen J, Chen L, He X, Zheng R, et al. Induction of CCL8/MCP-2 by mycobacteria through the activation of TLR2/PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56815 pubmed publisher..The induction of MCP-2/CCL8 by mycobacteria is dependent on the activation of TLR2/PI3K/Akt and p38 signaling pathway. We conclude that accumulation of MCP-2/CCL8 in TB-PEs may function as a biomarker for TB diagnosis. ..
- Wang E, Yao H, Chen Y, Wang G, Gao W, Sun Y, et al. Proteomic analysis of the cerebrospinal fluid of Parkinson's disease patients pre- and post-deep brain stimulation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;31:625-37 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary results suggest that variations in the expression levels of EC-SOD and tetranectin in CSF is related to DBS. ..
- Ren S, Xu J, Zhou T, Jiang H, Chen H, Liu F, et al. Plateau effect of prostate cancer risk-associated SNPs in discriminating prostate biopsy outcomes. Prostate. 2013;73:1824-35 pubmed publisher..Additional small-effect PCa risk-associated SNPs to be discovered in the future are unlikely to further improve predictive performance. ..
- Guo X, Mao T, Ji C, Gu Z, Chen W, Fang W. [Risk factors of recurrence and metastasis in pN1 stage squamous cell carcinoma of the thoracic esophagus after radical esophagectomy with lymphadenectomy]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2013;16:831-4 pubmed..As for patients who are identified as multi-station or multi-field lymph node metastasis, preoperative induced therapy maybe further improve treatment outcomes. ..
- Huang L, Chen T, Chen C, Chen S, Liu Y, Wu J, et al. Prognostic and predictive value of Phospho-p44/42 and pAKT in HER2-positive locally advanced breast cancer patients treated with anthracycline-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy. World J Surg Oncol. 2013;11:307 pubmed publisher..High pAKT expression prior to NAC had a better clinical response. Phospho-p44/42 expression and lymph node status after NAC could be useful for determining relapse-free survival and overall survival. ..
- Sun L, Coy D. Somatostatin and its Analogs. Curr Drug Targets. 2016;17:529-37 pubmed..This review will discuss recent advances in the development and applications of SST and its analogs. ..
- Wei W, Yu L, Wang Y, Li X, Qiu Z, Wang L, et al. Efficacy and safety of modified sequential three-step empirical therapy for chronic cough. Respirology. 2010;15:830-6 pubmed publisher..7% vs 21.7%, chi(2) = 4.32, P = 0.04). Modified three-step empirical therapy was as efficacious as primary three-step therapy for chronic cough, but was preferable because it had fewer side-effects. ..
- Yi zhou Y, Bing C, Ming qiu L, Wei W, Ru xing W, Jun R, et al. Dihydrotestosterone regulating apolipoprotein M expression mediates via protein kinase C in HepG2 cells. Lipids Health Dis. 2012;11:168 pubmed publisher..DHT directly and selectively down-regulated the level of ApoM mRNA and the secretion of ApoM by protein kinase C but independently of the classical androgen receptor. ..
- Zhu M, Chen J, Jiang H, Miao C. Propofol protects against high glucose-induced endothelial adhesion molecules expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2013;12:13 pubmed publisher..accumulation, down-regulating PKC?2 Ser(660) phosphorylation and PKC as well as NF-?B activity, attenuated high glucose-induced endothelial adhesion molecules expression and mononuclear-endothelial adhesion. ..
- Yan M, Yang X, Wang L, Clark D, Zuo H, Ye D, et al. Plasma membrane proteomics of tumor spheres identify CD166 as a novel marker for cancer stem-like cells in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:3271-84 pubmed publisher..016). This study demonstrates that CD166 is a valuable cell surface marker for the enrichment of HNSCC stem cells and that plasma membrane proteomics is a promising biological tool for investigating the membrane proteins of CSCs. ..
- Yan X, Zhu X. Branched F-actin as a negative regulator of cilia formation. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:147-51 pubmed publisher..Recently, actin dynamics has been shown to play a critical role in ciliogenesis. This review summarizes these results and provides insight into possible mechanisms. ..
- Li B, Huang T, Zhang J, Zhang N, Huang G, Liu L, et al. An ensemble prognostic model for colorectal cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63494 pubmed publisher..This method could be applied to the studies of other diseases and it could significantly improve the prediction performance by ensembling heterogeneous information. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang L, Chen W, Wang J, Li N, Li J, et al. Rapid diagnosis and prognosis of de novo acute myeloid leukemia by serum metabonomic analysis. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:4393-401 pubmed publisher..The serum metabolic phenotypes observed here indicated that integration of metabonomics with other techniques will be useful for better understanding the biochemistry of pathogenesis and progression of leukemia. ..
- Zhao Y, Wang L, Ren S, Wang L, Blackburn P, McNulty M, et al. Activation of P-TEFb by Androgen Receptor-Regulated Enhancer RNAs in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Cell Rep. 2016;15:599-610 pubmed publisher..We have uncovered a P-TEFb activation mechanism and reveal altered eRNA expression that is related to abnormal AR function and may potentially be a therapeutic target in CRPC. ..
- Yang Y, Song H, Peng Y, Huang Q, Li R, Zhu Z, et al. The gene expression profiling of sporadic pheochromocytoma and novel full-length cDNAs cloning. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2003;10:621-7 pubmed..Some of them may be involved in the tumorigenesis of pheochromocytoma. The sequence data of ESTs and novel full-length cDNAs described in this paper have been submitted to the GeneBank library. ..
- Zhang S, Xu A, Chen X, Li D, Sun M, Wang Y. Clinicopathologic significance of mitotic arrest defective protein 2 overexpression in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:1827-34 pubmed publisher..It may be an early event in hepatocarcinogenesis and could be used as a potential prognostic indicator. ..
- Wang H, Wen Y, Du Y, Yan X, Guo H, Rycroft J, et al. Effects of catechin enriched green tea on body composition. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18:773-9 pubmed publisher..05) and body fat % (GT1, 0.6%, P < 0.05). We conclude that consumption of two servings of an extra high-catechin GT leads to improvements in body composition and reduces abdominal fatness in moderately overweight Chinese subjects. ..
- Shi G, Lie R, Tao J, Fan L, Zhu G. [Application of Demirjian's method for chronological age estimation in teenagers of Shanghai Han population]. Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;25:168-71 pubmed..The uni-factor model could make the error of determined age less than 1 year to 81.04% of the samples. The age between 11 and 17 years can be well estimated by our method, except for the 17 years of age and above. ..
- Shen H, Hu X, Liu C, Wang S, Zhang W, Gao H, et al. Ethyl pyruvate protects against hypoxic-ischemic brain injury via anti-cell death and anti-inflammatory mechanisms. Neurobiol Dis. 2010;37:711-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that EP confers potent neuroprotection against neonatal H-I brain injury via its anti-cell death and anti-inflammatory actions. EP is a potential novel therapeutic agent for neonatal H-I brain injury. ..
- Ma Y, Yang J, Liu Z, Zhang P, Yang Z, Wang Y, et al. No significant association between the TP53 codon 72 polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 21 studies involving 24,063 subjects. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;125:201-5 pubmed publisher..In summary, this meta-analysis provides strong evidence that the TP53 codon 72 polymorphism is not associated with the risk of developing breast cancer. ..
- Dong X, Zheng Q, Zhu M, Tong J, Ran Z. Thiopurine S-methyltransferase polymorphisms and thiopurine toxicity in treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:3187-95 pubmed..43) and 1.02 (95% CI: 0.26-3.99, P = 0.98) vs controls, respectively. This meta-analysis suggests that the TPMT polymorphisms are associated with thiopurine-induced overall ADRs and BMT, but not with hepatotoxicity and pancreatitis. ..
- Huang Y, Zheng L, Halliday G, Dobson Stone C, Wang Y, Tang H, et al. Genetic polymorphisms in sigma-1 receptor and apolipoprotein E interact to influence the severity of Alzheimer's disease. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2011;8:765-70 pubmed..e., in APOE non ?4 allele carriers, SIGMAR1 2P variant had increased cognitive dysfunction and more advanced stages of NFT. Our data demonstrate that SIGMAR1 and APOE interact to influence AD severity across ethnic populations. ..
- Ma Y, Zhang P, Yang J, Liu Z, Yang Z, Qin H. Candidate microRNA biomarkers in human colorectal cancer: systematic review profiling studies and experimental validation. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:2077-87 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these miRNAs may be the candidates to develop a panel of biomarkers with sufficient sensitivity and specificity for the diagnosis of CRC in a clinical setting. ..
- Li H, Wan A, Xu G, Ye D. Small changes huge impact: the role of thioredoxin 1 in the regulation of apoptosis by S-nitrosylation. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2013;45:153-61 pubmed publisher..In this minireview, we provide an overview in the understanding of the interactions between Trx1 and the NO targets, and discuss the role of Trx1-mediated S-nitrosylation and denitrosylation of specific proteins in regulating apoptosis. ..
- Chen H, Sun B, Zhao Y, Song X, Fan W, Zhou K, et al. Fine mapping of a region of chromosome 11q23.3 reveals independent locus associated with risk of glioma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52864 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly support PHLDB1 as a susceptibility gene for glioma, also shedding light on a new potentially candidate gene, ARCN1. ..
- Qian Y, Wang Y, Zhang X, Zhou L, Zhang Z, Xu J, et al. Quantitative analysis of serum IgG galactosylation assists differential diagnosis of ovarian cancer. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:4046-55 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that combining quantitative alteration of IgG galactosylation with CA-125 may generate an overall more robust approach for differential diagnosis of ovarian cancer. ..
- He Y, Du Y, Wei S, Shi J, Mei Z, Qian L, et al. IL-17A and IL-17F single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with lung cancer in Chinese population. Clin Respir J. 2017;11:230-242 pubmed publisher..SNPs of IL-17A and IL-17F predict lung cancer risk. ..
- Yan X, Lu Z, Zheng J, Zhang W, Lu G, Jia B. [Application of right jugular vessels to build extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for treating the critically ill children]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2016;54:515-8 pubmed publisher..Application of right jugular vessels to build ECMO is easy and safe for treating the sick children. The skill should be proficient to assure ECMO run and reduce the complications. ..
- Koshiol J, Gao Y, Dean M, Egner P, Nepal C, Jones K, et al. Association of Aflatoxin and Gallbladder Cancer. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:488-494.e1 pubmed publisher..If our findings are verified, reducing aflatoxin exposure might reduce the incidence of gallbladder cancer. ..
- Cheng X, Hao Y, Shu W, Zhao M, Zhao C, Wu Y, et al. Cell cycle-dependent degradation of the methyltransferase SETD3 attenuates cell proliferation and liver tumorigenesis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9022-9033 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data elucidated that a GSK3?-FBXW7?-dependent mechanism controls SETD3 protein levels during the cell cycle and attenuates its oncogenic role in liver tumorigenesis. ..
- Zhang C, Shen L, Cui M, Liu X, Gu Z. Ticagrelor-induced life-threatening bleeding via the cyclosporine-mediated drug interaction: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8065 pubmed publisher..Therefore, regarding DDI, optimizing antiplatelet treatment should be considered for the efficacy and safety of P2Y12 receptor antagonist in this fragile population. ..
- Deng Y, Chen P, Wang Y, Yin D, Koeffler H, Li B, et al. Connective tissue growth factor is overexpressed in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and promotes tumorigenicity through beta-catenin-T-cell factor/Lef signaling. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36571-81 pubmed..Taken together, these results revealed that the interaction of CTGF and beta-catenin-TCF/Lef forms a positive feedback loop, which could contribute to the tumorigenicity of ESCC. ..
- Han J, Wang Y, Wang S, Chi C. Interaction of Mint3 with Furin regulates the localization of Furin in the trans-Golgi network. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2217-23 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that the interaction between the PTB domain of Mint3 and the acidic peptide signal of Furin regulates the specific localization of Furin in the TGN. ..
- Li Y, Zhang Y, Shen X, Guo Y. A novel sesquiterpene quinone from Hainan sponge Dysidea villosa. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:390-2 pubmed publisher..45microM. New compound 5 showed moderate PTP1B inhibitory activity and cytotoxicity with IC(50) values of 39.50 and 19.45microM, respectively. ..
- Han H, Peng J, Hong Y, Zhang M, Han Y, Liu D, et al. MicroRNA expression profile in different tissues of BALB/c mice in the early phase of Schistosoma japonicum infection. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2013;188:1-9 pubmed publisher..This may be helpful in the search for potential new drugs, and for biomarkers of early S. japonicum infection applicable in the future control of schistosomiasis...
- Yang R, Ma X, Dou J, Wang F, Luo Y, Li D, et al. Relationship between serum osteocalcin levels and carotid intima-media thickness in Chinese postmenopausal women. Menopause. 2013;20:1194-9 pubmed publisher..117, P < 0.01). Serum osteocalcin level is negatively associated with subclinical atherosclerosis in Chinese postmenopausal women. ..
- Li J, He M, Shen B, Yuan D, Shao C. Alpha particle-induced bystander effect is mediated by ROS via a p53-dependent SCO2 pathway in hepatoma cells. Int J Radiat Biol. 2013;89:1028-34 pubmed publisher..particle-induced bystander effect was regulated by p53 and its downstream SCO2 in the irradiated hepatoma cells, and ROS generation could be an early event for triggering this bystander response. ..
- Liu W, Huang Y, Liu C, Yang Y, Liu H, Cui J, et al. Inhibition of TBK1 attenuates radiation-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition of A549 human lung cancer cells via activation of GSK-3? and repression of ZEB1. Lab Invest. 2014;94:362-70 pubmed publisher..TBK1 may therefore constitute a useful target for treatment of radiotherapy-induced metastasis diseases. ..
- Li J, Wei Z, Zheng M, Gu X, Deng Y, Qiu R, et al. Crystal structure of human guanosine monophosphate reductase 2 (GMPR2) in complex with GMP. J Mol Biol. 2006;355:980-8 pubmed..This structure provides important information towards understanding the functions of members of the GMPR family. ..
- Dai B, Ying L, Cai R, Li Y, Zhang X, Lu J, et al. Identification of a nuclear matrix attachment region like sequence in the last intron of PI3Kgamma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:583-90 pubmed..Through combination of computer program analysis with confirmation by biochemical methods, we identified, for the first time, a 2 kb matrix attachment region like sequence in the last intron of human PI3Kgamma. ..
- Xingyuan M, Wenyun Z, Tianwen W. Leukocyte function-associated antigen-1: structure, function and application prospects. Protein Pept Lett. 2006;13:397-400 pubmed..Many different inhibitors (i.e. antibodies, peptides, small molecules) have been demonstrated to block ICAM-1/LFA-1 interaction, and some of them are promising for medical treatment or have reached clinical trials. ..
- Zhu Y, Miao Z, Ding J, Zhao W. Cytotoxic dihydroagarofuranoid sesquiterpenes from the seeds of Celastrus orbiculatus. J Nat Prod. 2008;71:1005-10 pubmed publisher..All compounds isolated were evaluated for cytotoxic activity against HL-60 human leukemia cells...
- Lin D, Zhang Y, Wu J, Wang F, Zheng J, Miao J, et al. Linezolid for the treatment of infections caused by Gram-positive pathogens in China. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2008;32:241-9 pubmed publisher..3%) vancomycin-treated patients discontinued the study drug because of an AE. Linezolid was well tolerated and effective for the treatment of infections caused by Gram-positive pathogens, including meticillin-resistant S. aureus. ..
- Xie H, Qin Y, Zhou Y, Tong L, Lin L, Geng M, et al. GA3, a new gambogic acid derivative, exhibits potent antitumor activities in vitro via apoptosis-involved mechanisms. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:346-54 pubmed publisher..GA3, a new GA derivative, has been shown to possess better water solubility than GA. The aim of the present study was to examine the antitumor activity of GA3 and the mechanism underlying it...
- Zhang Z, Zhou X, Shen H, Wang D, Wang Y. Phosphorylated ERK is a potential predictor of sensitivity to sorafenib when treating hepatocellular carcinoma: evidence from an in vitro study. BMC Med. 2009;7:41 pubmed publisher..0281). In this in vitro study, pERK was confirmed to be a potential biomarker predictive of sensitivity to sorafenib in treating HCC. The RAF/MEK/ERK pathway may be involved in drug resistance to traditional chemotherapy in HCC. ..
- Wang J, Yu M, Yu G, Bian J, Deng X, Wan X, et al. Serum miR-146a and miR-223 as potential new biomarkers for sepsis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:184-8 pubmed publisher..858, 0.804 and 0.785, respectively. Serum miR-146a and miR-223 might serve as new biomarkers for sepsis with high specificity and sensitivity. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00862290.). ..
- Xia R, Tang Y, Huang Y, Yao D, Zhou Y, Chen B, et al. TNFSF9 expression in primary biliary cirrhosis and its clinical significance. Cytokine. 2010;50:311-6 pubmed publisher..05, P<0.01, P<0.01). Thus, TNFSF9 mRNA levels in PBMC may be associated with PBC progression, provide new clues for monitoring its condition and pathogenesis. ..
- Shi G, Ye D, Yao X, Zhang S, Dai B, Zhang H, et al. Extramammary Paget's diseases in men from the Shanghai area: its association with PSA level increase. APMIS. 2010;118:777-81 pubmed publisher..4% in this patient group. Patients with EMPD were more likely to have prostate cancer than the general population. Although the prognosis of EMPD is fairly good, a thorough search for a second tumor is recommended...
- Liu Z, Yadav P, Xu X, Su J, Chen C, Tang M, et al. The increased expression of IL-23 in inflammatory bowel disease promotes intraepithelial and lamina propria lymphocyte inflammatory responses and cytotoxicity. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;89:597-606 pubmed publisher..Targeted therapy directed against IL-23p19 may have a therapeutic role in treatment of IBD. ..
- Liu F, Liu J, Zheng T, Li Q, Wang C, Pan X, et al. The -1123G>C variant of PTPN22 gene promoter is associated with latent autoimmune diabetes in adult Chinese Hans. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2012;62:273-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the -1123G>C promoter polymorphism of PTPN22 gene, but not the +1858C>T variant, is associated with LADA in adult Chinese Hans. ..
- Liu H, Wei L, Tao Q, Deng H, Ming M, Xu P, et al. Decreased NURR1 and PITX3 gene expression in Chinese patients with Parkinson's disease. Eur J Neurol. 2012;19:870-5 pubmed publisher..Our results provide useful information that the NURR1 and PITX3 gene expression is decreased in the PBL of Chinese patients with PD, indicating their possible systemic involvement in PD. ..
- Li J, Shi L, Jia L, Jiang D, Zhou W, Hu W, et al. Radiolabeling of RGD peptide and preliminary biological evaluation in mice bearing U87MG tumors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2012;20:3850-5 pubmed publisher..This study provided useful information for peptide radiofluorination by using click chemistry. ..
- Xu Z, Jiang J, Xu C, Wang Y, Sun L, Guo X, et al. MicroRNA-181 regulates CARM1 and histone arginine methylation to promote differentiation of human embryonic stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53146 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate the importance of a miR-181c-CARM1 pathway in regulating the differentiation of hESCs. ..
- Yao Q, Masters P, Ye R. Negatively charged residues in the endodomain are critical for specific assembly of spike protein into murine coronavirus. Virology. 2013;442:74-81 pubmed publisher..These results indicate an important role for negatively charged endodomain residues in the incorporation of MHV S protein into assembled virions. ..
- Xu P, Yin Q, Shen J, Chen L, Yu H, Zhang Z, et al. Synergistic inhibition of breast cancer metastasis by silibinin-loaded lipid nanoparticles containing TPGS. Int J Pharm. 2013;454:21-30 pubmed publisher..The biocompatibility assay reveals that SLNs treatment did not exhibit obvious systemic toxicity in two mouse models. Therefore, SLNs are the promising delivery systems against metastasis of breast cancer cells. ..
- Guo L, Gao Z, Zhang L, Guo F, Chen Y, Li Y, et al. Saponin-enriched sea cucumber extracts exhibit an antiobesity effect through inhibition of pancreatic lipase activity and upregulation of LXR-Î² signaling. Pharm Biol. 2016;54:1312-25 pubmed publisher..18â€‰Â±â€‰0.92 versus 10.87â€‰Â±â€‰0.97â€‰mmol/mg) contents of the obese C57BL/six mice on a high-fat diet. Sea cucumber may be used for developing antiobesity and antihyperlipidemia drugs. ..
- Guo T, Zhao S, Zhao S, Chen M, Li G, Jiao X, et al. Mutations in MSH5 in primary ovarian insufficiency. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1452-1457 pubmed publisher..Our studies confirmed that perturbation of genes involved in DNA damage repair could lead to non-syndromic POI. The underlying mechanism-inability to repair DNA damage-will receive increasing attention with respect to POI. ..
- Gou L, Kang J, Dai P, Wang X, Li F, Zhao S, et al. Ubiquitination-Deficient Mutations in Human Piwi Cause Male Infertility by Impairing Histone-to-Protamine Exchange during Spermiogenesis. Cell. 2017;169:1090-1104.e13 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings identify Piwi as a factor in human infertility and reveal its role in regulating the histone-to-protamine exchange during spermiogenesis. ..
- Chen C, Wang Q, Fang X, Xu Q, Chi C, Gu J. Roles of phytanoyl-CoA alpha-hydroxylase in mediating the expression of human coagulation factor VIII. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:46340-6 pubmed..These results suggested that the interaction between PAHX and FVIII-A2 was in part responsible for the low-level expression of factor VIII. ..
- Cui W, Yu L, He H, Chu Y, Gao J, Wan B, et al. Cloning of human myeloid-associated differentiation marker (MYADM) gene whose expression was up-regulated in NB4 cells induced by all-trans retinoic acid. Mol Biol Rep. 2001;28:123-38 pubmed..In addition, MYADM was mapped to human chromosome 19q 13.33-q 13.4 by Radiation Hybrid mapping, and it consists of 3 exons and 2 introns and spans a 7.1-Kb genomic region. ..
- Liu X, Lin J, Huang J, Li L, Liu L, Xu P. Upregulation of Ku expression in human neuroectodermal tumor cells after retroviral DNA integration. Intervirology. 2002;45:183-7 pubmed..To examine the expression of DNA-dependent protein kinase (DNA-PK); including DNA-PKcs, Ku70 and Ku80 in human neuroectodermal tumor cells with or without retroviral DNA integration...
- Yu C, Meng X, Zhang S, Zhao G, Hu L, Kong X. A 3-nucleotide deletion in the polypyrimidine tract of intron 7 of the DFNA5 gene causes nonsyndromic hearing impairment in a Chinese family. Genomics. 2003;82:575-9 pubmed..Because no other mutation in any other part of DFNA5 has ever been described, this finding might indicate that exon 8 of DFNA5 is indispensable for the development of hearing impairment. ..
- Xu J, He T, Wang L, Wu Q, Zhao E, Wu M, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human BTBD8 gene containing double BTB/POZ domains. Int J Mol Med. 2004;13:193-7 pubmed..The expression pattern of BTBD8 shows it may have a function related to brain development. ..
- Fan L, Zhong R, Tu X, Pfeiffer T, Feltens R, Zhu Y, et al. [Genetic association of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha polymorphisms with primary biliary cirrhosis and autoimmune liver diseases in a Chinese population]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2004;12:160-2 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the TNF-alpha promoter-region polymorphisms distribution is different between differe of ethnic groups; there are no genetic links of the TNF-alpha promoter-region polymorphisms to AIH and PBC in Chinese. ..
- Chen J, Lu Y, Xu J, Huang Y, Cheng H, Hu G, et al. Identification and characterization of NBEAL1, a novel human neurobeachin-like 1 protein gene from fetal brain, which is up regulated in glioma. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;125:147-55 pubmed
- Cao Q, Lu X, Feng Y. Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta positively regulates the proliferation of human ovarian cancer cells. Cell Res. 2006;16:671-7 pubmed..Our findings thus suggest that GSK-3beta activity is important for the proliferation of ovarian cancer cells, implicating this kinase as a potential therapeutic target in ovarian cancer. ..
- Yang H, Qiu L, Chen G, Ye Z, Lü C, Lin Q. Proportional change of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in decidua and peripheral blood in unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion patients. Fertil Steril. 2008;89:656-61 pubmed..The data suggest that CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells may be a novel target in URSA therapy. ..
- Liao Z, Li Z, Zhang W, Zou D, Xue X, Zhang X. Education and imaging. Gastrointestinal: infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;22:1692 pubmed
- Wang Z, Wang X, Liu X. Echinococcosis in China, a review of the epidemiology of Echinococcus spp. Ecohealth. 2008;5:115-26 pubmed publisher..In addition, human activities and their potential influence on the transmission of echinococcosis are also discussed...
- Huang S, Yuan Y, Liu X, Gong D, Bai C, Wang F, et al. Self-renewal and chemotherapy resistance of p75NTR positive cells in esophageal squamous cell carcinomas. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that p75NTR+ cells possess some characteristics of CSCs, namely, self-renewal and chemotherapy resistance. Chemotherapy resistance of p75NTR+ cells may probably be attributable to decreased expression of CTR1. ..
- Li F, Fan C, Cheng T, Jiang C, Zeng B. Efficient inhibition of fibroblast proliferation and collagen expression by ERK2 siRNAs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;382:259-63 pubmed publisher..MTT assays and flow cytometry revealed marked inhibition of RJATF proliferation, but no apoptosis. In conclusion, LV-mediated ERK2 siRNAs may represent novel therapies or drug targets for preventing joint adhesion formation. ..
- Lin Y, Kakadia P, Chen Y, Li Y, Deshpande A, Buske C, et al. Global reduction of the epigenetic H3K79 methylation mark and increased chromosomal instability in CALM-AF10-positive leukemias. Blood. 2009;114:651-8 pubmed publisher..This study is registered with www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00266136. ..
- Yang X, Xie L, Li Y, Wei C. More than 9,000,000 unique genes in human gut bacterial community: estimating gene numbers inside a human body. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6074 pubmed publisher..This is an initial step to tackle this gene counting problem for the human super-organism. It will still be an open problem in the near future. The list of genomes used in this paper can be found in the supplementary table. ..