Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hepatitis b virus in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: hepatitis b virus
- Chen X, Lai J, Pan Q, Tang Z, Yu Y, Zang G. The delivery of HBcAg via Tat-PTD enhances specific immune response and inhibits Hepatitis B virus replication in transgenic mice. Vaccine. 2010;28:3913-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PTD-HBcAg fusion protein could enhance not only cell immune response but also humoral immune response, and induce robust specific CTL activity and therapeutic effects in HBV transgenic mice. ..
- Yin J, Zhao J, Zhang H, Xie J, Li W, Xu G, et al. HBV genotype C is independently associated with cirrhosis in community-based population. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:379-83 pubmed..98, 95% CI: 1.48-5.99, respectively). A crude prevalence of probable cirrhosis is 12.9% in the community-based HBV-infected subjects. HBV genotype C is independently associated with probable cirrhosis in the HBeAg-negative subjects. ..
- Xian Z, Cong W, Wang Y, Wang B, Wu M. Expression and localization of aquaporin-1 in human cirrhotic liver. Pathol Res Pract. 2009;205:774-80 pubmed publisher..AQP-1 was overexpressed in the cirrhotic liver tissues. AQP-1, similar to CK19, might be a more specific and more sensitive marker than CK7 for the identification of HPCs. ..
- Liao R, Sun T, Yi Y, Wu H, Li Y, Wang J, et al. Expression of TREM-1 in hepatic stellate cells and prognostic value in hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:984-92 pubmed publisher..008 for overall survival; P = 0.005 for time to recurrence). Thus, these observations suggest that TREM-1 is related to the aggressive tumor behavior and has potential value as a prognostic factor for HCC. ..
- Li J, Qiu S, She W, Wang F, Gao H, Li L, et al. Significance of the balance between regulatory T (Treg) and T helper 17 (Th17) cells during hepatitis B virus related liver fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39307 pubmed publisher..The Treg/Th17 balance might influence fibrosis progression in HBV-LF via increase of liver injury and promotion of HSCs activation. ..
- Huang J, Deng Q, Wang Q, Li K, Dai J, Li N, et al. Exome sequencing of hepatitis B virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. Nat Genet. 2012;44:1117-21 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that seven of these genes, including VCAM1 and CDK14, may confer growth and infiltration capacity to HCC cells. This study provides a view of the landscape of somatic mutations that may be implicated in advanced HCC. ..
- Cao Z, Bai X, Guo X, Jin Y, Qian G, Tu H. High prevalence of hepatitis B virus pre-S mutation and its association with hepatocellular carcinoma in Qidong, China. Arch Virol. 2008;153:1807-12 pubmed publisher..Our results also provided direct evidence that pre-S deletion mutants were not acquired from the beginning of infection but arose de novo during the progression of liver disease. ..
- Chen J, Wu M, Zhang X, Zhang W, Zhang Z, Chen L, et al. Hepatitis B virus polymerase impairs interferon-?-induced STA T activation through inhibition of importin-?5 and protein kinase C-?. Hepatology. 2013;57:470-82 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a role for Pol in HBV-mediated antagonization of IFN-? signaling and provide a possible molecular mechanism by which HBV resists the IFN therapy and maintains its persistence. ..
- Lei K, Wang Y, Zhu X, Lu P, Sun B, Jia H, et al. Identification of MSRA gene on chromosome 8p as a candidate metastasis suppressor for human hepatitis B virus-positive hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:172 pubmed..33 +/- 2.92 vs. 9.17 +/- 3.38, p = 0.008) and invasion (7.40 +/- 1.67 vs. 17.20 +/- 2.59, p= 0.0001) of HCCLM6 cell line. MSRA gene on chromosome 8p might possess metastasis suppressor activity in HCC. ..
- Zhang Y, Hu P, Qi X, Ren H, Mao R, Zhang J. A comparison of telbivudine and entecavir in the treatment of hepatitis B e antigen-positive patients: a prospective cohort study in China. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:287.e1-9 pubmed publisher..A safety analysis identified no differences between grade 3/4 creatine kinase elevations in the study groups and only telbivudine was associated with improved kidney function. ..
- Yang Z, Zhuang L, Yu Y, Zhou W, Lu Y, Xu Q, et al. Overexpression of APOBEC3F in tumor tissues is potentially predictive for poor recurrence-free survival from HBV-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Discov Med. 2015;20:349-56 pubmed..98. Overexpression of APOBEC3F in tumor tissues is potentially predictive for poor recurrence-free survival from HBV-HCC patients. The role of other APOBEC3 members in HCC development needed further research. ..
- Zong L, Qin Y, Jia H, Zhou H, Chen C, Qiao K, et al. Two-way molecular ligation for efficient conversion of monomeric hepatitis B virus DNA constructs into tandem dimers. J Virol Methods. 2016;233:46-50 pubmed publisher..These approaches of two-way molecular ligation greatly improved the efficiency of dimer formation with about 50% of the bacterial colonies screened harboring tandem dimers. ..
- Han L, Zhang H, Xie J, Zhang Q, Wang H, Cao G. A meta-analysis of lamivudine for interruption of mother-to-child transmission of hepatitis B virus. World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17:4321-33 pubmed publisher..Lamivudine is safe and more efficient than hepatitis B immunoglobulin in interrupting MTCT. HBV MTCT might be interrupted efficiently if maternal viral load is reduced to < 10? copies/mL by lamivudine treatment. ..
- Zhong J, Gao Y, Sun X, Zhu X, Li M. High prevalence of the B2+C2 subgenotype mixture in patients with chronic hepatitis B in Eastern China. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012;33:1271-6 pubmed publisher..The HBV B2+C2 subgenotype was prevalent in CH patients with a high HBV replication status and correlated with a more severe course of the disease. ..
- Li S, Mao M. Next generation sequencing reveals genetic landscape of hepatocellular carcinomas. Cancer Lett. 2013;340:247-53 pubmed publisher..These findings have started to depict a genetic landscape in HCC and will facilitate development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of this deadly disease. ..
- Yang Y, Xia T, Li N, Zhang J, Yang Y, Cong W, et al. Combined effects of p53 and MDM2 polymorphisms on susceptibility and surgical prognosis in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Protein Cell. 2013;4:71-81 pubmed publisher..05). Thus, the combined p53 Pro/Pro and MDM2 G/G genotype is associated with increased risk of developing HCC and is an independent adverse prognostic indicator in early stage HCC. ..
- Liu S, Zhang H, Gu C, Yin J, He Y, Xie J, et al. Associations between hepatitis B virus mutations and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma: a meta-analysis. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009;101:1066-82 pubmed publisher..HBV PreS mutations, C1653T, T1753V, and A1762T/G1764A are associated with an increased risk of HCC. These mutations alone and in combination may be predictive for hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Gong S, Feng X, Song W, Chen J, Wang S, Xing D, et al. Upregulation of PP2Ac predicts poor prognosis and contributes to aggressiveness in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Biol Ther. 2016;17:151-62 pubmed publisher..Collectively, PP2Ac upregulation has a poor prognostic impact on the overall survival of HCC patients and contributes to the aggressiveness of HCC. PP2Ac may represent a potential therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Liu H, Xu L, He H, Zhu Y, Liu J, Wang S, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein promotes hepatoma cell invasion and metastasis by stabilizing Snail protein. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:2072-81 pubmed publisher..This could provide a putative molecular mechanism for tumor recurrence and metastasis in HBV-associated HCC patients. ..
- Chen L, Gan Q, Zhang D, Yao L, Lin R, Li Q, et al. Increased intrahepatic quasispecies heterogeneity correlates with off-treatment sustained response to nucleos(t)ide analogues in e antigen-positive chronic hepatitis B patients. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:201-207 pubmed publisher..The higher intrahepatic quasispecies heterogeneity indicated a more robust immune control over HBV, which in turn maintained a sustained response after withdrawal of NAs. ..
- Jin Y, Zhu Y, Chen T, Guo X, Zhang J, Wang J, et al. [The association of hepatitis B virus genotype and the basal core promoter mutation in Qidong, China]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2010;18:511-5 pubmed publisher..1) Genotype C2 is the predominant genotype in Qidong, China. (2) There is no association between genotype C and HCC in Qidong. (3) Genotype C has a higher prevalence of BCP mutation than genotype B. ..
- Lin L, Wong V, Zhou H, Chan H, Gui H, Guo S, et al. Relationship between serum hepatitis B virus DNA and surface antigen with covalently closed circular DNA in HBeAg-negative patients. J Med Virol. 2010;82:1494-500 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, serum HBV DNA, but not HBsAg, reflects the amount of cccDNA and the replication efficiency of HBV in patients with HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B. ..
- Bi X, Tong S. Impact of immune escape mutations and N-linked glycosylation on the secretion of hepatitis B virus virions and subviral particles: Role of the small envelope protein. Virology. 2018;518:358-368 pubmed publisher..The M133T mutation restored virion secretion through the S protein, and could work in trans. Impaired virion secretion was not necessarily associated with a similar block in the secretion of subviral particles. ..
- Liu X, Shao J, Xiong W, Yu S, Hu Y, Liu J, et al. Cellular cIAP2 gene expression associated with anti-HBV activity of TNF-alpha in hepatoblastoma cells. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2005;25:617-26 pubmed..The antiviral genes identified by microarray could be developed as potential new anti-HBV drugs or for other novel therapies. ..
- Ma W, Ma X, Huang H, Zhou P, Chen D. Dibenzocyclooctane lignans from the stems of Kadsura induta and their antiviral effect on hepatitis B virus. Chem Biodivers. 2007;4:966-72 pubmed..Compounds 1, 5, and 6 showed in vitro antiviral effects on hepatitis B virus...
- Huang X, Qin Y, Zhang P, Tang G, Shi Q, Xu J, et al. PreS deletion mutations of hepatitis B virus in chronically infected patients with simultaneous seropositivity for hepatitis-B surface antigen and anti-HBS antibodies. J Med Virol. 2010;82:23-31 pubmed publisher..024). Some immune reactions may select for the preS deletion in CHB patients with anti-HBs, the possible marker for immune selection. ..
- Zhang L, Peng X, Zhang Z, Feng Y, Jia X, Shi Y, et al. Subcellular proteome analysis unraveled annexin A2 related to immune liver fibrosis. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:219-28 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, it was the first time to dynamically study the proteins related to liver fibrosis and select biomarkers for liver fibrosis diagnosis through PM proteome research. ..
- Li J, Liu K, Liu Y, Xu Y, Zhang F, Yang H, et al. Exosomes mediate the cell-to-cell transmission of IFN-?-induced antiviral activity. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:793-803 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose an antiviral mechanism of IFN-? activity that involves the induction and intercellular transfer of antiviral molecules via exosomes. ..
- Zhang C, Fan L, Fan T, Wu D, Gao L, Ling Y, et al. Decreased PADI4 mRNA association with global hypomethylation in hepatocellular carcinoma during HBV exposure. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2013;65:187-95 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that decreased PADI4 mRNA is associated with global hypomethylation in HCC during HBV exposure. ..
- Liu X, Zhang S, Lin J, Zhang S, Feitelson M, Gao H, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein mutants exhibit distinct biological activities in hepatoma Huh7 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;373:643-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusions, HBx variants showed different effects and functions on cell proliferation and invasion by regulation of the cell cycle progression and its associated proteins expression. ..
- Zhou H, Wang H, Li Y, Li S, Wang H, Zhou D, et al. Hepatitis B virus infection: a favorable prognostic factor for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma after resection. World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17:1292-303 pubmed publisher..ICC patients with HBV infection should be distinguished from those without HBV infection because they have different clinicopathological characteristics, prognostic factors and outcomes after surgical resection. ..
- Lin S, Wu M, Xu Y, Xiong W, Yi Z, Zhang X, et al. Inhibition of hepatitis B virus replication by MyD88 is mediated by nuclear factor-kappaB activation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1772:1150-7 pubmed..These results support a role for NF-kappaB activation in the inhibition of HBV replication and suggest a novel mechanism for the inhibition of HBV replication by MyD88 protein. ..
- Li J, Liu Y, Wang Z, Liu K, Wang Y, Liu J, et al. Subversion of cellular autophagy machinery by hepatitis B virus for viral envelopment. J Virol. 2011;85:6319-33 pubmed publisher..Finally, SHBs partially colocalized and interacted with autophagy protein LC3. Taken together, these results suggest that the host's autophagy machinery is activated during HBV infection to enhance HBV replication...
- Yuan W, Zhang Y, Zhang Z, Zou Y, Lu H, Qian Z. Risk Factors and Outcomes of Acute Kidney Injury in Patients With Hepatitis B Virus-Related Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure. Am J Med Sci. 2017;353:452-458 pubmed publisher..AKI and its stages affect the 90-day transplant-free mortality rate. It is important to focus on exploring the early recognition of AKI and early intervention of those risk factors in individuals with HBV-ACLF. ..
- Wang Z, Zhu K, Bai W, Jia B, Hu H, Zhou D, et al. Adenoviral delivery of recombinant hepatitis B virus expressing foreign antigenic epitopes for immunotherapy of persistent viral infection. J Virol. 2014;88:3004-15 pubmed publisher..Our study provides further evidence of the potential of foreign-antigen-based immunotherapy for the treatment of chronic HBV infection. ..
- Xie Y, Zhai J, Deng Q, Tiollais P, Wang Y, Zhao M. Entry of hepatitis B virus: mechanism and new therapeutic target. Pathol Biol (Paris). 2010;58:301-7 pubmed publisher..Aiming to blocking viral entry, a couple of approaches based on acylated PreS1-derived peptides and short PreS1-binding peptides are currently under investigation, which have the potential to become novel antiviral therapeutics...
- Wang S, Chen Z, Hu C, Qian F, Cheng Y, Wu M, et al. Hepatitis B virus surface antigen selectively inhibits TLR2 ligand-induced IL-12 production in monocytes/macrophages by interfering with JNK activation. J Immunol. 2013;190:5142-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that HBsAg selectively inhibits Pam3csk4- stimulated IL-12 production in M/M?s by blocking the JNK-MAPK pathway and provide a mechanism by which HBV evades immunity and maintains its persistence...
- Hong R, Bai W, Zhai J, Liu W, Li X, Zhang J, et al. Novel recombinant hepatitis B virus vectors efficiently deliver protein and RNA encoding genes into primary hepatocytes. J Virol. 2013;87:6615-24 pubmed publisher..This novel HBV vector will be a powerful tool for hepatocyte-targeting gene delivery, as well as the study of HBV infection...
- Wang Y, Wang S, Feng Z, Zhong W, Kong Y, Li Z, et al. Expression and secretion of preS containing hepatitis B surface antigen in vaccinia virus system. Sci China B. 1990;33:1070-7 pubmed..In addition, the major S components of hepatitis B surface antigen were also present in the products expressed by vTMS-1 and vTLS-1. ..
- Huang S, Jiang F, Wang Y, Yu Y, Ren S, Wang X, et al. Diagnostic performance of tumor markers AFP and PIVKA-II in Chinese hepatocellular carcinoma patients. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705763 pubmed publisher..Protein induced by vitamin K absence or antagonist-II performs better than alpha-fetoprotein in diagnosis of hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma patients. ..
- Chen L, Zhang Q, Yu D, Wan M, Zhang X. Early changes of hepatitis B virus quasispecies during lamivudine treatment and the correlation with antiviral efficacy. J Hepatol. 2009;50:895-905 pubmed publisher..The dynamic changes of quasispecies complexity and diversity during the first 4 weeks were correlated with lamivudine antiviral efficacy and antiviral resistance. ..
- Li H, Han T, Liu R, Zhang C, Chen H, Zhang W. Alkaloids from Corydalis saxicola and their anti-hepatitis B virus activity. Chem Biodivers. 2008;5:777-83 pubmed publisher..2.15 cell line in vitro. Dehydrocavidine (1), dehydroapocavidine (2), and dehydroisoapocavidine (3) exhibited inhibitory activity against HBsAg and HBeAg, but no cytotoxicity against the 2.2.15 cell line...
- Zhang Q, Yin J, Zhang Y, Deng Y, Ji X, Du Y, et al. HLA-DP polymorphisms affect the outcomes of chronic hepatitis B virus infections, possibly through interacting with viral mutations. J Virol. 2013;87:12176-86 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, HLA-DP polymorphisms affect genotype B HBV clearance, regulate immune selection of viral mutations, and influence cirrhosis and HCC risks contributed by HBV mutations. ..
- Li J, Huang H, Feng M, Zhou W, Shi X, Zhou P. In vitro and in vivo anti-hepatitis B virus activities of a plant extract from Geranium carolinianum L. Antiviral Res. 2008;79:114-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, significant improvement of the liver was observed after PPGC treatment, as evaluated by the histopathological analysis...
- Wang Z, Sheng Y, Dong Q, Qin L. Hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus play different prognostic roles in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: A meta-analysis. World J Gastroenterol. 2016;22:3038-51 pubmed publisher..25-0.58). No significant publication bias was seen in any of the enrolled studies. HBV infection may indicate a favorable prognosis in patients with intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, while HCV infection suggests a poor prognosis. ..
- Fu L, Jia H, Dong Q, Wu J, Zhao Y, Zhou H, et al. Suitable reference genes for real-time PCR in human HBV-related hepatocellular carcinoma with different clinical prognoses. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:49 pubmed publisher..However, the well-used ACTB and 18S are not suitable, which actually lead to the misinterpretation of the results in gene expression analysis. ..
- Yang G, Chen D. Biflavanones, flavonoids, and coumarins from the roots of Stellera chamaejasme and their antiviral effect on hepatitis B virus. Chem Biodivers. 2008;5:1419-24 pubmed publisher..Their structures and configurations were elucidated by spectroscopic methods including 2D-NMR techniques. Sikokianin A, chamaechromone, and quercetin showed in vitro antiviral activity against HBsAg secretion...
- Xiang X, Gui H, King N, Cole L, Wang H, Xie Q, et al. IL-22 and non-ELR-CXC chemokine expression in chronic hepatitis B virus-infected liver. Immunol Cell Biol. 2012;90:611-9 pubmed publisher..We speculate that IL-22 and non-ELR-CXC chemokines synergistically may provide protection in liver inflammation/fibrosis during CHB infection. ..
- Qi P, Dou T, Geng L, Zhou F, Gu X, Wang H, et al. Association of a variant in MIR 196A2 with susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in male Chinese patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:621-6 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that MIR196A2 polymorphism was associated with susceptibility to HBV-related HCC in a male Chinese population...
- Chen Z, Cheng Y, Xu Y, Liao J, Zhang X, Hu Y, et al. Expression profiles and function of Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of chronic hepatitis B patients. Clin Immunol. 2008;128:400-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study reveals a possible interaction between HBsAg, TLR signaling and the innate immune response, which may partially explain the mechanism of HBV infection induced immuno-tolerance. ..
- Liang X, Zhou Y, Li C, Wan M. Natural course of chronic hepatitis B is characterized by changing patterns of programmed death type-1 of CD8-positive T cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:618-24 pubmed..The PD-l/PD-L1 pathway plays a different role in T-cell response during the natural course of chronic HBV infection. ..
- Hao Z, Zheng L, Kluwe L, Huang W. Ferritin light chain and squamous cell carcinoma antigen 1 are coreceptors for cellular attachment and entry of hepatitis B virus. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:827-34 pubmed publisher..The data strongly suggest that FTL and SCCA1 may serve as coreceptors in HBV cellular attachment and virus entry into hepatocytes. ..
- Li J, Huang H, Zhou W, Feng M, Zhou P. Anti-hepatitis B virus activities of Geranium carolinianum L. extracts and identification of the active components. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:743-7 pubmed..This is the first report of the anti-HBV effects of geraniin and hyperin, the active substances derived from G. carolinianum L...
- Guo Y, Zhu Y, Sun S. Identification and functional studies of HLA-A0201 restricted CTL epitopes in the X protein of hepatitis B virus. Acta Virol. 2011;55:107-15 pubmed..Compared with CTL epitopes in the HBV envelope or polymerase, HBx2 is also a potential HLA-A0201 restricted CTL epitope, what may have a clinical implication...
- Zhi X, Liu Q, Zhang X, Zhang Y, Feng J, Cui D. Quick genotyping detection of HBV by giant magnetoresistive biochip combined with PCR and line probe assay. Lab Chip. 2012;12:741-5 pubmed publisher..The novel method has great potential application in clinical HBV genotyping diagnosis, and can be easily extended to other biomedical applications based on molecular recognition. ..
- He Y, Zhang H, Yin J, Xie J, Tan X, Liu S, et al. IkappaBalpha gene promoter polymorphisms are associated with hepatocarcinogenesis in patients infected with hepatitis B virus genotype C. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:1916-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, NFKB1 -94ATTG2 allele and haplotype -881G-826T-519C in NFKBIA promoter were associated with hepatocarcinogenesis. NFKBIA -826T and -881AG were associated with the risk of HCC in the subjects infected with HBV genotype C. ..
- Xue Y, Wang M, Yang Z, Yu D, Han Y, Huang D, et al. Clinical features and viral quasispecies characteristics associated with infection by the hepatitis B virus G145R immune escape mutant. Emerg Microbes Infect. 2017;6:e15 pubmed publisher..These findings extend understanding of the evolution of HBV under host immune pressure and of the clinical outcomes of affected patients. ..
- Ding P, Liao Z, Huang H, Zhou P, Chen D. (+)-12alpha-Hydroxysophocarpine, a new quinolizidine alkaloid and related anti-HBV alkaloids from Sophora flavescens. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2006;16:1231-5 pubmed..3-79.3% and that against HBeAg secretion at 24.6-34.6%...
- Liu Y, Li L, Liu J, She W, Shi J, Li J, et al. Activated hepatic stellate cells directly induce pathogenic Th17 cells in chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:129-137 pubmed publisher..Th17 cells cooperated with HSCs in a proinflammatory feedback loop might provide a better understanding of the pathogenic role of Th17 cells in the chronicity of HBV infection. ..
- Ji J, Gu X, Fang M, Zhao Y, Yi C, Wang A, et al. Expression of alpha 1,6-fucosyltransferase 8 in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma influences tumour progression. Dig Liver Dis. 2013;45:414-21 pubmed publisher..High alpha 1,6-fucosyltransferase 8 expression may play an important role in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma progression. ..
- Zeng L, Yu J, Huang T, Jia H, Dong Q, He F, et al. Differential combinatorial regulatory network analysis related to venous metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Genomics. 2012;13 Suppl 8:S14 pubmed publisher..The workflow in this study can be applied in similar context of cancer research and could also be extended to other clinical topics. ..
- Xie Q, Shen H, Jia N, Wang H, Lin L, An B, et al. Patients with chronic hepatitis B infection display deficiency of plasmacytoid dendritic cells with reduced expression of TLR9. Microbes Infect. 2009;11:515-23 pubmed publisher..These data may provide useful information in both basic research and clinical treatment of chronic HBV infection. ..
- Deng H, Gao Y, Wang H, Jin X, Xiao J. Expression of deleted in malignant brain tumours 1 (DMBT1) relates to the proliferation and malignant transformation of hepatic progenitor cells in hepatitis B virus-related liver diseases. Histopathology. 2012;60:249-60 pubmed publisher..05). DMBT1 may play an important role in the proliferation of HPCs in HBV-related liver diseases. Moreover, down-expression of DMBT1 might enhance the risk of malignant transformation of HPCs. ..
- Yan K, Cai W, Cao F, Sun H, Chen S, Xu R, et al. Genetic effects have a dominant role on poor responses to infant vaccination to hepatitis B virus. J Hum Genet. 2013;58:293-7 pubmed publisher..Higher Apgar score and gaining more body weight in the first year of life reduced this risk. Genetic factors have a dominant role in determining infant HBV vaccination responses (91%) compared with perinatal environmental factors...
- Jiang Y, Wang M, Zheng H, Wang W, Jin L, He Y. Resolving ambiguity in the phylogenetic relationship of genotypes A, B, and C of hepatitis B virus. BMC Evol Biol. 2013;13:120 pubmed publisher..Our approach revealed the phylogenetic relationships of genotypes A, B, and C of HBV. ..
- Zhong L, Shu W, Dai W, Gao B, Xiong S. Reactive Oxygen Species-Mediated c-Jun NH2-Terminal Kinase Activation Contributes to Hepatitis B Virus X Protein-Induced Autophagy via Regulation of the Beclin-1/Bcl-2 Interaction. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..These data help to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of autophagy induction by HBx/HBV and might be useful for designing novel therapeutic approaches to HBV infection. ..
- Qi L, Li L, Chen Y, Chen Z, Bai T, Xiang B, et al. Genome-wide and differential proteomic analysis of hepatitis B virus and aflatoxin B1 related hepatocellular carcinoma in Guangxi, China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83465 pubmed publisher..In summary, a number of genetic and gene expression alterations were found to be associated with HBV and AFB1- related HCC. The possible synergistic effects of HBV and AFB1 in hepatocarcinogenesis warrant further investigations. ..
- Xue Song L, Cheng Zhong L, Ying Z, Mo Bin W. Changes of Treg and Th17 cells balance in the development of acute and chronic hepatitis B virus infection. BMC Gastroenterol. 2012;12:43 pubmed publisher..This study is aimed to reveal the cell differentiation environment and the significance of Treg and Th17 balance in the development of acute and chronic HBV infection...
- Xu J, Yun X, Jiang J, Wei Y, Wu Y, Zhang W, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein blunts senescence-like growth arrest of human hepatocellular carcinoma by reducing Notch1 cleavage. Hepatology. 2010;52:142-54 pubmed publisher..The correlation of inhibited Psen1-dependent Notch1 signaling and blunted senescence-like growth arrest was also observed in HBV-associated HCC patient tumor samples...
- Huang J, Wang Y, Guo Y, Sun S. Down-regulated microRNA-152 induces aberrant DNA methylation in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting DNA methyltransferase 1. Hepatology. 2010;52:60-70 pubmed publisher..These findings support a tumor-suppressive role of miR-152 in the epigenetic aberration of HBV-related HCC and the potential development of miRNA-based targeted approaches for the treatment of HBV-related HCC. ..
- Chen K, Liu J, Liu S, Xia M, Zhang X, Han D, et al. Methyltransferase SETD2-Mediated Methylation of STAT1 Is Critical for Interferon Antiviral Activity. Cell. 2017;170:492-506.e14 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies STAT1 methylation on K525 catalyzed by the methyltransferase SETD2 as an essential signaling event for IFN?-dependent antiviral immunity and indicates potential of SETD2 in controlling viral infections. ..
- Qin J, Zhai J, Hong R, Shan S, Kong Y, Wen Y, et al. Prospero-related homeobox protein (Prox1) inhibits hepatitis B virus replication through repressing multiple cis regulatory elements. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:1246-55 pubmed publisher..Identification of Prox1 as an HBV repressor will help in the understanding of detailed interactions between viral cis elements and host cellular factors and may also form the basis for new anti-HBV intervention therapeutics. ..
- Cai W, Xie Q, An B, Wang H, Zhou X, Zhao G, et al. On-treatment serum HBsAg level is predictive of sustained off-treatment virologic response to telbivudine in HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B patients. J Clin Virol. 2010;48:22-6 pubmed publisher..Telbivudine is one of the most frequently used antiviral drug at the current stage, but its long-term effectiveness, particularly at off-treatment, is still unclear...
- Chen S, Dong Z, Yang P, Wang X, Jin G, Yu H, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein stimulates high mobility group box 1 secretion and enhances hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis. Cancer Lett. 2017;394:22-32 pubmed publisher..These data indicates that HMGB1 could serve as a novel prognostic biomarker and potential therapeutic target for HBV-related HCC. ..
- Zhang H, Sun J, Geng H, Fan L, Liu G, Tan L. [A study on the relativity between La protein and the stability of HBV mRNA and the expression of HBV protein]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2006;14:735-7 pubmed..HBsAg, the HBeAg and HBV-DNA secreted by the cells transfected with siRNA were also less than that in the normal cells. There is a correlation between La protein and HBV mRNA and the expression of HBV protein. ..
- Hu L, Chen L, Li L, Sun H, Yang G, Chang Y, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein enhances cisplatin-induced hepatotoxicity via a mechanism involving degradation of Mcl-1. J Virol. 2011;85:3214-28 pubmed publisher..A combination of cisplatin and antioxidants might provide more advantage than cisplatin alone in the treatment of cancer patients with chronic HBV infection. ..
- Qiu D, Chen J, Liu J, Luo Z, Jiang W, Huang J, et al. Expression of microRNA let-7a positively correlates with hepatitis B virus replication in hepatocellular carcinoma tissues. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2017;242:939-944 pubmed publisher..Our finding might be the base for a new approach to improve HBV infection treatments in the future. ..
- Li J, Lin S, Chen Q, Peng L, Zhai J, Liu Y, et al. Inhibition of hepatitis B virus replication by MyD88 involves accelerated degradation of pregenomic RNA and nuclear retention of pre-S/S RNAs. J Virol. 2010;84:6387-99 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results define a novel antiviral mechanism against HBV mediated by MyD88. ..
- Cai Y, Zhou Q, Kong Y, Li M, Viollet B, Xie Y, et al. LRH-1/hB1F and HNF1 synergistically up-regulate hepatitis B virus gene transcription and DNA replication. Cell Res. 2003;13:451-8 pubmed..We have defined the activation domains in hB1F and HNF1 that contribute to the synergism. We further show that hB1F and HNF1 can interact directly in vitro and have mapped the domains required for this interaction. ..
- Jiang M, Chen Y, Zhang Y, Chen L, Zhang N, Huang T, et al. Identification of hepatocellular carcinoma related genes with k-th shortest paths in a protein-protein interaction network. Mol Biosyst. 2013;9:2720-8 pubmed publisher..05, and most of them have been reported to be involved in HCC tumorigenesis and development. The results also provide a new reference for research into HCC oncogenesis and for development of new strategies for HCC clinical therapies. ..
- Jiang D, Sun J, Cao G, Liu Y, Lin D, Gao Y, et al. Genetic variants in STAT4 and HLA-DQ genes confer risk of hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Nat Genet. 2013;45:72-5 pubmed publisher..0008 and 0.0002, respectively). We also found significantly lower mRNA expression of STAT4 in HCC tumor tissues compared with paired adjacent nontumor tissues (P = 2.33 × 10(-14)). ..
- Weng L, Du J, Zhou Q, Cheng B, Li J, Zhang D, et al. Identification of cyclin B1 and Sec62 as biomarkers for recurrence in patients with HBV-related hepatocellular carcinoma after surgical resection. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:39 pubmed publisher..674; p?=?0.018) were independent predictors of HCC recurrence. These results revealed that cyclin B1 and Sec62 may be candidate biomarkers and potential therapeutic targets for HBV-related HCC recurrence after surgery. ..