Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on genetic predisposition to disease in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: genetic predisposition to disease
Publications363 found, 100 shown here
- Cai L, Deng S, Liang L, Pan H, Zhou J, Wang M, et al. Identification of genetic associations of SP110/MYBBP1A/RELA with pulmonary tuberculosis in the Chinese Han population. Hum Genet. 2013;132:265-73 pubmed publisher..74E-12). Our study suggests that a combination of SP110 and MYBBP1A gene polymorphisms may serve as a novel marker for identifying the risk of developing TB in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Fan J. Epidemiology of alcoholic and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in China. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;28 Suppl 1:11-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FLD/NAFLD has become a most common chronic liver disease in China. Public health interventions are needed to halt the worldwide trend of obesity and alcohol abuse to ameliorate liver injury and to improve metabolic health. ..
- Xu H, Gao X, Zhang W, Cheng J, Tan Y, Zheng W, et al. Effects of polymorphisms in translesion DNA synthesis genes on lung cancer risk and prognosis in Chinese men. Cancer Epidemiol. 2013;37:917-22 pubmed publisher..12) and 1.44 (95% CI: 1.06-1.97) respectively. Our findings suggested that genetic variants in POL? and PCNA genes may play roles in the susceptibility of lung cancer, and REV1 gene may have roles in lung cancer survival in Chinese men. ..
- Tang H, Jin X, Li Y, Jiang H, Tang X, Yang X, et al. A large-scale screen for coding variants predisposing to psoriasis. Nat Genet. 2014;46:45-50 pubmed publisher..This suggests that coding variants in the 1,326 targeted genes contribute only a limited fraction of the overall genetic risk for psoriasis. ..
- He Z, Zhu H, Ding L, Xiao H, Chen D, Xue F. Association of NPP1 polymorphism with postoperative progression of ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament in Chinese patients. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:4648-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the presence of specific genotypes of the IVS20-11delT and A533C SNPs may predict disease outcome after surgical intervention. ..
- Wang M, He J, Zhu M, Teng X, Li Q, Sun M, et al. A Functional Polymorphism (rs2494752) in the AKT1 Promoter Region and Gastric Adenocarcinoma Risk in an Eastern Chinese Population. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20008 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the potentially functional AKT1 rs2494752 SNP may affect GCa susceptibility, likely by modulating the AKT1 promoter transcriptional activity. Larger, independent studies are warranted to validate our findings. ..
- Ugai T, Kelemen L, Mizuno M, Ong J, Webb P, Chenevix Trench G, et al. Ovarian cancer risk, ALDH2 polymorphism and alcohol drinking: Asian data from the Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium. Cancer Sci. 2018;109:435-445 pubmed publisher..This association will require replication in a larger sample. ..
- Qiu L, Yao L, Mao C, Yu K, Zhan P, Chen B, et al. Lack of association of CYP1A2-164 A/C polymorphism with breast cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis involving 17,600 subjects. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;122:521-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, upto date, there is still not enough evidence to indicate the association of CYP1A2-164 A/C polymorphism and breast cancer development. ..
- Chen C, Li X, Wang T, Wang H, Fu Y, Zhang L, et al. Association between NMDA receptor subunit 2b gene polymorphism and Alzheimer's disease in Chinese Han population in Shanghai. Neurosci Bull. 2010;26:395-400 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that there is no relation between GRIN2B C2664T polymorphism and AD in Chinese Han population of Shanghai City. ..
- Wang J, Mei H, Chen W, Jiang Y, Sun W, Li F, et al. Study of eight GWAS-identified common variants for association with obesity-related indices in Chinese children at puberty. Int J Obes (Lond). 2012;36:542-7 pubmed publisher..The findings also suggest that obesity susceptibility genes may exert more obvious effects during children's puberty. In addition, gender differences may exist in various obesity-related genes. ..
- Li H, KilpelÃ¤inen T, Liu C, Zhu J, Liu Y, Hu C, et al. Association of genetic variation in FTO with risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes with data from 96,551 East and South Asians. Diabetologia. 2012;55:981-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, FTO is also associated with type 2 diabetes independently of BMI. ..
- Zhou M, Yang G, Jiao S, Hu C, Mei Y. Cholesterol enhances neuron susceptibility to apoptotic stimuli via cAMP/PKA/CREB-dependent up-regulation of Kv2.1. J Neurochem. 2012;120:502-14 pubmed publisher..1. Our data provide new evidence for the role of cholesterol in eliciting neuronal cell death. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Tang X, Qian Y, Gao P, et al. Association of a functional single-nucleotide polymorphism in the ALDH2 gene with essential hypertension depends on drinking behavior in a Chinese Han population. J Hum Hypertens. 2013;27:181-6 pubmed publisher..Further functional research is warranted to elucidate the role of rs671 in the variation of BP and lipid levels in EH. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang M, He J, Wang J, Yang Y, Jin L, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-? induced protein 8 polymorphism and risk of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in a Chinese population: a case-control study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37846 pubmed publisher..The polymorphism of TNFAIP8 rs1045241C>T may contribute to NHL susceptibility in a Chinese population. Further large-scale and well-designed studies are needed to confirm these results. ..
- Chen X, Li S, Yang Y, Yang X, Liu Y, Hu W, et al. Genome-wide association study validation identifies novel loci for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. J Thromb Haemost. 2012;10:1508-14 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that a missense variant of KLF14, rs111400400 (Ser58Pro), was associated with MI. Genetic variants newly identified near/in the KLF14 gene were implicated in the aetiology of atherosclerotic-related phenotypes. ..
- Xuan J, Yu Y, Qing T, Guo L, Shi L. Next-generation sequencing in the clinic: promises and challenges. Cancer Lett. 2013;340:284-95 pubmed publisher..Common issues in NGS workflows are also discussed to guide the selection of NGS platforms and pipelines for specific research purposes. ..
- Wei W, Wang Y, Li D, Wang Y, Wang X, Zhu Y, et al. Association between the rs2910164 polymorphism in pre-Mir-146a sequence and thyroid carcinogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56638 pubmed publisher..25, 95% CI 1.22-4.14, P?=?0.01) was the only risk factor in this study. Rs2910164 was not associated with increased risk of PTC and BN in Chinese patients, but may play a latent role in the transformation from BN to PTC. ..
- Zheng Z, Hong L, Huang X, Yang P, Li J, Ding Y, et al. Screening for coding variants in FTO and SH2B1 genes in Chinese patients with obesity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67039 pubmed publisher..The rare missense mutations of FTO and SH2B1 did not confer risks of obesity in Chinese Han children in our cohort. ..
- Khan R, Chen J, Shen J, Li Z, Wang M, Wen Z, et al. Common variants in QPCT gene confer risk of schizophrenia in the Han Chinese population. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2016;171B:237-42 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with the findings of previous study and the genetic risk of QPCT gene for SCZ also exists in the Han Chinese population. ..
- Liu C, Bian J, Jiang F, Shen F. [Genetic polymorphism of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1F and susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2002;19:324-8 pubmed..44% ) respectively. For other loci, the difference between the two groups were not significant. Exons 2-5 of UGT1F are highly conservative, but exon 1 emerges highly polymorphic. And the polymorphism at locus 754 may be related with HCC. ..
- Zhou H, Xu C, Gu M. Vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene polymorphisms and Graves' disease: a meta-analysis. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2009;70:938-45 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are required to allow a more definitive conclusion. ..
- Lin R, Wang Y, Fu W, Zhang D, Zheng H, Yu T, et al. Common variants of four bilirubin metabolism genes and their association with serum bilirubin and coronary artery disease in Chinese Han population. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2009;19:310-8 pubmed publisher..750. Correspondingly, this block was identified to be associated with female CAD. Our study provides genetic evidences for the difference in the impact of these four bilirubin metabolism genes on TBIL levels and CAD. ..
- Zhou D, Zhang D, Liu Y, Zhao T, Chen Z, Liu Z, et al. The E23K variation in the KCNJ11 gene is associated with type 2 diabetes in Chinese and East Asian population. J Hum Genet. 2009;54:433-5 pubmed publisher..15, P=3 x 10(-9)), whereas the exon16-3t/c variant (rs1799854) in ABCC8 showed no significant association. Thus, the common E23K variant is considered as a strong candidate for type 2 diabetes susceptibility across different ethnicities. ..
- Zhang J, Qiu L, Leaw S, Hu X, Chang J. The association between XPD Asp312Asn polymorphism and lung cancer risk: a meta-analysis including 16,949 subjects. Med Oncol. 2011;28:655-60 pubmed publisher..Asp/Asp: OR=1.315, 95% CI=1.110-1.558; recessive model: OR=1.290, 95% CI=1.099-1.513). In conclusion, this meta-analysis suggests that the XPD Asn allele is a low-penetrant risk factor for developing lung cancer. ..
- Ma Y, Yang J, Liu Z, Zhang P, Yang Z, Wang Y, et al. No significant association between the TP53 codon 72 polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 21 studies involving 24,063 subjects. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;125:201-5 pubmed publisher..In summary, this meta-analysis provides strong evidence that the TP53 codon 72 polymorphism is not associated with the risk of developing breast cancer. ..
- Niu W, Zhang Y, Ji K, Gu M, Gao P, Zhu D. Confirmation of top polymorphisms in hypertension genome wide association study among Han Chinese. Clin Chim Acta. 2010;411:1491-5 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate variation in FGF5 and ZNF652 gene upstream regions with altered susceptibility to hypertension in Han Chinese. ..
- Ren R, Wang L, Fang R, Liu L, Wang Y, Tang H, et al. The MTHFD1L gene rs11754661 marker is associated with susceptibility to Alzheimer's disease in the Chinese Han population. J Neurol Sci. 2011;308:32-4 pubmed publisher..829, 95% CI: 1.277-2.619, P=0.001), and the results were influenced by APOE status. Our data revealed that the allele (A) of the rs11754661 polymorphism within MTHFD1L gene may contribute to AD risk in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Wang Z, Hu J, Fan R, Zhou J, Zhong J. Association between CD14 gene C-260T polymorphism and inflammatory bowel disease: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45144 pubmed publisher..Expanding previous results of individual studies, our findings demonstrated that CD14 gene C-260T polymorphism might be a promising candidate marker in susceptibility to UC, especially in Asians. ..
- Li S, Mao M. Next generation sequencing reveals genetic landscape of hepatocellular carcinomas. Cancer Lett. 2013;340:247-53 pubmed publisher..These findings have started to depict a genetic landscape in HCC and will facilitate development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of this deadly disease. ..
- Liu J, Li Z, Li J, Li T, Wang T, Li Y, et al. Polymorphisms and haplotypes in the YWHAE gene increase susceptibility to bipolar disorder in Chinese Han population. J Clin Psychiatry. 2012;73:e1276-82 pubmed publisher..52E-07, OR = 2.076 [95% CI, 1.556-2.770]) showed they are risk factors for bipolar disorder. Considering the size of our sample, the results suggest that YWHAE does play a major role in bipolar disorder in the Han Chinese population. ..
- Shi T, Cheng X, Yu K, Sun M, Shao Z, Wang M, et al. Functional variants in TNFAIP8 associated with cervical cancer susceptibility and clinical outcomes. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:770-8 pubmed publisher..Larger, prospective studies with detailed HPV infection data are warranted to validate our findings. ..
- Xu J, Sun J, Zheng S. Prostate cancer risk-associated genetic markers and their potential clinical utility. Asian J Androl. 2013;15:314-22 pubmed publisher..Another unique feature of this article is the inclusion of genetic association studies of PCa in Chinese and Japanese populations. ..
- Meng L, Gu Y, Du X, Shao M, Zhang L, Zhang G, et al. Two novel ATP2C1 mutations in patients with Hailey-Hailey disease and a literature review of sequence variants reported in the Chinese population. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:19349-59 pubmed publisher..It is of note that some reported "novel" mutations were in fact found to be recurrent. Our findings expand the range of known ATP2C1 sequence variants in this disease. ..
- Cui D, Jiang K, Jiang S, Xu Y, Yao H. The tumor suppressor adenomatous polyposis coli gene is associated with susceptibility to schizophrenia. Mol Psychiatry. 2005;10:669-77 pubmed..04, P<0.001). These results indicate that the APC may be a candidate gene conferring susceptibility to schizophrenia and also may be associated with reduced vulnerability to cancer in schizophrenia. ..
- Yao L, Qiu L, Yu L, Yang Z, Yu X, Zhong Y, et al. The association between ERCC2 Asp312Asn polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis involving 22,766 subjects. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;123:227-31 pubmed publisher..82; 95% CI 0.68-0.99) in population-based studies. In conclusion, this meta-analysis provides an evidence that ERCC2 312Asn allele may have a protective effect for breast cancer development in Asians. ..
- Xue H, Wang Y, Lin B, An J, Chen L, Chen J, et al. A meta-analysis of interleukin-10 -592 promoter polymorphism associated with gastric cancer risk. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39868 pubmed publisher..Genotyping methods like direct sequencing should be highly advocated to be conducted in future well-designed high quality studies among different ethnicities or populations. ..
- Wan J, Shi J, Hui L, Wu D, Jin X, Zhao N, et al. Association of genetic polymorphisms in CYP2E1, MPO, NQO1, GSTM1, and GSTT1 genes with benzene poisoning. Environ Health Perspect. 2002;110:1213-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that the combined effect of polymorphisms in NQO1, CYP2E1, and GSTT1 genes and lifestyle factors might contribute to benzene poisoning. ..
- Xiang J, Li X, Xu M, Hong J, Huang Y, Tan J, et al. Zinc transporter-8 gene (SLC30A8) is associated with type 2 diabetes in Chinese. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:4107-12 pubmed publisher..012 and 0.004, respectively). Our results provide evidence that SLC30A8 is a susceptible locus for type 2 diabetes in Chinese population, and its variant can influence insulin secretion. ..
- Yao L, Fang F, Wu Q, Yang Z, Zhong Y, Yu L. No association between CYP17 T-34C polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis involving 58,814 subjects. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;122:221-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this meta-analysis strongly suggests that CYP17 T-34C polymorphism is not associated with breast cancer risk. ..
- Yao L, Cao L, Qiu L, Yu L. The association between HSD17B1 Ser312Gly polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis including 31,053 subjects. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;123:577-80 pubmed publisher..However, large sample and representative population-based studies with homogeneous breast cancer patients and well-matched controls are warranted to confirm this finding. ..
- Xu M, Xing Q, Li S, Zheng Y, Wu S, Gao R, et al. Pharacogenetic effects of dopamine transporter gene polymorphisms on response to chlorpromazine and clozapine and on extrapyramidal syndrome in schizophrenia. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2010;34:1026-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the 5'-regulatory region of SLC6A3 plays an important role in response to clozapine and that its role in EPS needs to be replicated in a large-scale well designed study. ..
- Li Q, Li X, Zhang F, Chen F. The identification of a novel locus for mandibular prognathism in the Han Chinese population. J Dent Res. 2011;90:53-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the authors detected a suggestive linkage for mandibular prognathism in a Han Chinese pedigree, and this finding can be combined with previous studies to further understand the genetic basis of mandibular prognathism...
- Chen R, Yao L, Meng T, Xu W. The association between seven ERAP1 polymorphisms and ankylosing spondylitis susceptibility: a meta-analysis involving 8,530 cases and 12,449 controls. Rheumatol Int. 2012;32:909-14 pubmed publisher..However, this result should be identified by more convincing experimental evidences in molecular level and population level. ..
- Sun Y, Li H, Guo Q, Wu P, Hong Z, Lu C, et al. The polymorphism of the ATP-binding cassette transporter 1 gene modulates Alzheimer disease risk in Chinese Han ethnic population. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2012;20:603-11 pubmed publisher..The adenosine triphosphate (ATP)-binding cassette transporter 1 (ABCA1) gene resides within proximity of linkage peaks on chromosome 9q influence AD and plays a key role in cellular cholesterol efflux in the brain...
- Ling T, Wang X, Chai Q, Lau T, Koestler C, Park S, et al. Regulation of the SK3 channel by microRNA-499--potential role in atrial fibrillation. Heart Rhythm. 2013;10:1001-9 pubmed publisher..Atrial miR-499 is significantly upregulated in AF, leading to SK3 downregulation and possibly contributing to the electrical remodeling in AF. ..
- Xiao X, Zhao Y, Jin R, Chen J, Wang X, Baccarelli A, et al. Fetal growth restriction and methylation of growth-related genes in the placenta. Epigenomics. 2016;8:33-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrated that placental DNA methylation levels of IGF2, AHRR, HSD11B2 and WNT2 were associated with measures of fetal growth. ..
- Zhang C, Lu W, Wang Z, Ni J, Zhang J, Tang W, et al. A comprehensive analysis of NDST3 for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in Han Chinese. Transl Psychiatry. 2016;6:e701 pubmed publisher..Further investigations are warranted to identify the precise mechanism regulating brain NDST3 expression in the Han Chinese. These results would help to explain the pathophysiological mechanism of schizophrenia. ..
- Zhang S, Xiao Q, Shi Z, Yu G, Ma X, Chen H, et al. Caspase polymorphisms and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176802 pubmed publisher..012 and 0.010, respectively). In conclusion, the CASP9 rs4645981 polymorphism, CASP3 and CASP9 haplotypes may be useful prognosis markers for HCC patients with surgical resection of tumor. ..
- Wang D, Chu M, Wang F, Zhou A, Ruan M, Chen Y. A Genetic Variant in FIGN Gene Reduces the Risk of Congenital Heart Disease in Han Chinese Populations. Pediatr Cardiol. 2017;38:1169-1174 pubmed publisher..This work provides a new insight for risk assessment of CHD. ..
- Zhou Y, Chen C, Wang Y, Tong Y, Fang X, Li L, et al. Association between polymorphism rs11200638 in the HTRA1 gene and the response to anti-VEGF treatment of exudative AMD: a meta-analysis. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:97 pubmed publisher..However, more studies are needed to further prove the conclusion of present study, especially well-designed and high quality randomised controlled trials or intervention studies. ..
- Lin G, Ma Q, Zhang D, Zha Y, Lou K, Shen J. Polymorphism of alpha-estrogen receptor and aryl hydrocarbon receptor genes in dementia patients in Shanghai suburb. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2003;24:651-6 pubmed..However, it did not support the association of Ahr gene polymorphism with higher risk of senile dementia. ..
- Wang Z, Fang Y, Hong W, Wang D, Jing S. [Association study of NOTCH4 gene polymorphisms with schizophrenia and mood disorders in mixed pedigrees]. Yi Chuan. 2005;27:865-8 pubmed..05), but not associated with MD (P>0.05). Our results suggested NOTCH4 or neighboring gene might be a common susceptible gene for SP and MD in the pedigrees studied. ..
- Guan M, Zhang J, Chen Y, Liu W, Kong N, Zou H. High-resolution melting analysis for the rapid detection of an intronic single nucleotide polymorphism in SLC22A12 in male patients with primary gout in China. Scand J Rheumatol. 2009;38:276-81 pubmed publisher..HRM analysis is a simple, rapid and accurate one-tube assay for genotyping the SLCSSA12 gene. The rs893006 polymorphism in SLC22CA12 was confirmed to be a genetic risk for hyperuricaemia among the Chinese male population. ..
- Zhang Y, Zheng L, Zhang T, Wang Y, Xiao Q, Fei Q, et al. GIGYF2 Asn56Ser mutation is rare in Chinese Parkinson's disease patients. Neurosci Lett. 2009;463:172-5 pubmed publisher..The result showed that the GIGYF2 Asn56Ser mutation was not present in all subjects. Our finding suggests that the GIGYF2 Asn56Ser mutation is rare in Chinese PD patients. ..
- Yao L, Fang F, Wu Q, Zhong Y, Yu L. No association between CYP1B1 Val432Leu polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis involving 40,303 subjects. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;122:237-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this meta-analysis provides strong evidence that CYP1B1 Val432Leu polymorphism is not associated with breast cancer risk. ..
- Long X, Ma Y, Huang Y, Yi Y, Liang Q, Ma A, et al. Genetic polymorphisms in DNA repair genes XPC, XPD, and XRCC4, and susceptibility to Helicobacter pylori infection-related gastric antrum adenocarcinoma in Guangxi population, China. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:611-8 pubmed publisher..05). The results suggested that the polymorphisms of XPD codon 751 and XRCC4 codon 298 are associated with an increased risk of developing H. pylori-related GAA among Guangxi population. ..
- Li X, Huang Y, Fu X, Chen C, Zhang D, Yan L, et al. Meta-analysis of three polymorphisms in the steroid-5-alpha-reductase, alpha polypeptide 2 gene (SRD5A2) and risk of prostate cancer. Mutagenesis. 2011;26:371-83 pubmed publisher..Still more well-designed studies should be performed to clarify the role of these three polymorphisms in the development of PCa. ..
- Zhang Q, Lin C, Dong Q, Wang J, Wang W. Relationship between HLA-DRB1 polymorphism and susceptibility or resistance to multiple sclerosis in Caucasians: a meta-analysis of non-family-based studies. Autoimmun Rev. 2011;10:474-81 pubmed publisher..DRB1*03 is probably the only risk factor for MS besides DRB1*15 and a common genetic foundation for autoimmune disease. Targeting to these alleles may have potential values in prevention or therapy for MS in the specific population. ..
- Gui M, Li X, Jiang S, Gao J, Lu D, Gao X. Association of the adiponectin gene rs1501299 G>T variant, serum adiponectin levels, and the risk of coronary artery disease in a Chinese population. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2012;97:499-504 pubmed publisher..The adiponectin rs1501299 G>T variant was positively related with an increased risk of CAD, and the CAD patients had lower adiponectin levels which were not affected by the different genotypes of rs1501299 in the present study. ..
- Xue H, Lu Y, Lin B, Chen J, Tang F, Huang G. The effect of XPD/ERCC2 polymorphisms on gastric cancer risk among different ethnicities: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43431 pubmed publisher..Gln751Gln (CC) genotype may also be associated with noncardia-type gastric cancer risk, which should also be confirmed among different ethnicities in the future. ..
- Chen Y, Chen X, Wang L, Hughes G, Qian S, Sun X. Extended association study of PLEKHA7 and COL11A1 with primary angle closure glaucoma in a Han Chinese population. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:3797-802 pubmed publisher..Both COL11A1 and PLEKHA7 were shown to confer significant risk for acute PAC/PACG. Further work is necessary to confirm the importance of COL11A1 and PLEKHA7 in the pathogenesis of glaucoma. ..
- Tang R, Zhao X, Shi Y, Tang W, Gu N, Feng G, et al. Family-based association study of Epsin 4 and Schizophrenia. Mol Psychiatry. 2006;11:395-9 pubmed..0021). Our results indicate the presence of a locus near the 5' end of Epsin 4 conferring susceptibility to the disease and provide further support for Epsin 4 as an important potential contributor to genetic risk in schizophrenia. ..
- Qiu L, Wang K, Yang S, Mao C, Zhao L, Yao L, et al. Current evidences on vascular endothelial growth factor polymorphisms and breast cancer susceptibility. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:4491-4 pubmed publisher..However, large sample and representative population-based studies with homogeneous breast cancer patients and well matched controls are warranted to confirm this finding. ..
- Ma L, Song H, Zhang M, Zhang D. Lysyl oxidase G473A polymorphism is associated with increased risk of coronary artery diseases. DNA Cell Biol. 2011;30:1033-7 pubmed publisher..93, 95% confidence interval 1.26-2.95, p?=?0.002; and odds ratio?=?1.38, 95% confidence interval 1.15-1.67, p?=?0.001). Our data suggest that the G473A polymorphism of LOX gene is associated with increased susceptibility to CAD. ..
- Zhao Y, Chen Z, Rewuti A, Ma Y, Wang X, Xia Q, et al. quantitative assessment of the influence of cytochrome P450 1A2 gene polymorphism and colorectal cancer risk. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71481 pubmed publisher..No significant heterogeneity was detected in most of comparisons. This meta-analysis suggests that the CYP1A2 *F and *C polymorphism is a protective factor against CRC among Asians. ..
- Liang D, Huang X, Shen N, Mao H, Feng X, Huang X, et al. [Variations within OLF1/EBF-associated zinc finger protein gene confer susceptibility to lupus nephritis in Chinese population]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2005;85:949-54 pubmed..SNP rs1344531 and some haplotypes containing SNP rs1344531 within OAZ are significantly associated with LN susceptibility. Genetic variants of the OAZ gene are involved in the pathogenesis of LN. ..
- Wang H, Duan S, Du J, Li X, Xu Y, Zhang Z, et al. Transmission disequilibrium test provides evidence of association between promoter polymorphisms in 22q11 gene DGCR14 and schizophrenia. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2006;113:1551-61 pubmed..00038, Global p-value = 0.0008). The positive results have suggested that DGCR14 is likely to play an important role in the etiology of schizophrenia in the Chinese Han population. ..
- Guo S, Huang K, Shi Y, Tang W, Zhou J, Feng G, et al. A case-control association study between the GRID1 gene and schizophrenia in the Chinese Northern Han population. Schizophr Res. 2007;93:385-90 pubmed..0081 and 0.00076 for SNPs 1-2 and SNPs 3-4-5 haplotypes, respectively. Our results strongly support previously reported association studies, implicating GRID1 in the etiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Rao N, Hu Z, Yu J, Li W, Zhang B, Su F, et al. Evaluating the performance of models for predicting the BRCA germline mutations in Han Chinese familial breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009;116:563-70 pubmed publisher..But at a 10% cutoff point, BRCApro had the best BRCA mutation carrier prediction value. The performance of BRCApro for BRCA2 mutation prediction was improved when it was restricted in patients from high risk families. ..
- Wang Y, Yu L, Zhao T, Xu J, Liu Z, Liu Y, et al. No association between bipolar disorder and syngr1 or synapsin II polymorphisms in the Han Chinese population. Psychiatry Res. 2009;169:167-8 pubmed publisher..A case-control study with these two genes was conducted in 506 bipolar disorder patients and 507 healthy individuals from the Han Chinese population. No association was found in this study. ..
- Zhao T, Zhang D, Liu Y, Zhou D, Chen Z, Yang Y, et al. Association between ESR1 and ESR2 gene polymorphisms and hyperlipidemia in Chinese Han postmenopausal women. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:50-4 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggested that ESR1 might have a potential role in hyperlipidemia risk, independent of age, estradiol level, body mass index and lifestyle in Chinese Han postmenopausal women. ..
- Chen R, Wei Y, Cai Q, Duan S, Lin J, Fang M, et al. PADI4 gene polymorphism is not associated with ankylosing spondylitis in Chinese Han population. Scand J Immunol. 2010;72:449-53 pubmed publisher..0% and 1.2%, respectively. These results indicate that PADI4 polymorphisms may not play an important role in the development of AS in Chinese Han population. ..
- Yang Y, Zhou Y, Lu M, An Y, Li R, Chen Y, et al. Association between fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 polymorphisms and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51:515-21 pubmed publisher..20-0.88 for CT + TT). Clearly the T allele was associated with these conditions. Our findings suggest that genetic polymorphism in FGFR4 may be a marker for risk of HCC with liver cirrhosis and gross PVTT in Chinese populations. ..
- Jie Z, HU Z, Bai C, Jin M. ADAM33 gene polymorphisms associate with asthma susceptibility and severity in East China han population. J Asthma. 2011;48:979-85 pubmed publisher..4% vs. 61.8%, p = .0004). Polymorphisms of the ADAM33 gene associate with asthma susceptibility in the east China Han population, and the genetic association is stronger in high-severity asthmatics. ..
- Wang M, Zhang R, He J, Qiu L, Li J, Wang Y, et al. Potentially functional variants of PLCE1 identified by GWASs contribute to gastric adenocarcinoma susceptibility in an eastern Chinese population. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31932 pubmed publisher..019±0.002 vs. 0.008±0.001, P<0.05). Our results further confirmed that genetic variations in PLCE1 may contribute to gastric adenocarcinoma risk in an eastern Chinese population. ..
- Guo Y, Gong Y, Shi G, Yang K, Pan C, Li M, et al. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the TSPYL-4 and NT5DC1 genes are associated with susceptibility to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Mol Med Rep. 2012;6:631-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, TSPYL-4 and NT5DC1 gene polymorphisms are associated with susceptibility to COPD and pulmonary function. ..
- Yu M, Suo H, Liu M, Cai L, Liu J, Huang Y, et al. NRSF/REST neuronal deficient mice are more vulnerable to the neurotoxin MPTP. Neurobiol Aging. 2013;34:916-27 pubmed publisher..Disturbance of the homeostasis of NRSF and its target genes, gliogenesis, and inflammation may contribute to the higher MPTP sensitivity in NRSF/REST neuronal cKO mice. ..
- Xiang Y, Zhang X, Li Q, Xu J, Zhou X, Wang T, et al. Promoter hypomethylation of TIMP3 is associated with pre-eclampsia in a Chinese population. Mol Hum Reprod. 2013;19:153-9 pubmed publisher..in our Han Chinese-based study, confirming that TIMP3 is likely to be involved in the etiology of PE and that hypomethylated and placenta-specific TIMP3 may be a potential marker for early diagnosis of PE in maternal plasma. ..
- Chen Z, Fei M, Fu D, Zhang L, Ma Y, Wang Y, et al. Association between cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 polymorphism and type 1 diabetes: a meta-analysis. Gene. 2013;516:263-70 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis demonstrated that the G allele of rs231775 of CTLA-4 is a risk factor associated with increased T1D susceptibility. ..
- Wang X, Chen Z, Shao Y, Ma Y, Zhang F, Zhang L, et al. Population-based and family-based studies on the protein tyrosine phosphatase non-receptor 22 gene polymorphism and type 1 diabetes: a meta-analysis. Gene. 2013;517:191-6 pubmed publisher..81 (95% CI: 1.70-1.93, P<10(-5)). In conclusion, this meta-analysis suggests that C1858T polymorphism in PTPN22 is associated with elevated T1D risk among Caucasian population. ..
- Chen H, Sun B, Zhao Y, Song X, Fan W, Zhou K, et al. Fine mapping of a region of chromosome 11q23.3 reveals independent locus associated with risk of glioma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52864 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly support PHLDB1 as a susceptibility gene for glioma, also shedding light on a new potentially candidate gene, ARCN1. ..
- Wang Y, Feng S, Guo S, Wei W, Li D, Wang Y, et al. Confirmation of papillary thyroid cancer susceptibility loci identified by genome-wide association studies of chromosomes 14q13, 9q22, 2q35 and 8p12 in a Chinese population. J Med Genet. 2013;50:689-95 pubmed publisher..33), rs944289 (14q13.3), rs966423 (2q35) and rs2439302 (8p12), identified by GWAS for PTC risk were confirmed in a Chinese population. The PTC risk of accumulative risk allele carriers increased with the number of risk alleles. ..
- Gao Q, Zhao Y, Wang X, Guo W, Gao S, Wei L, et al. Activating mutations in PTPN3 promote cholangiocarcinoma cell proliferation and migration and are associated with tumor recurrence in patients. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1397-407 pubmed publisher..We searched for mutations in human ICC tumor samples and investigated how they affect ICC cell function...
- Qiu L, Cheng L, He J, Zhou Z, Wang M, Zhou F, et al. PSCA polymorphisms and gastric cancer susceptibility in an eastern Chinese population. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9420-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results indicated that the PSCA rs2294008 T and rs2976392 A alleles were low-penetrate risk factors for GCa in this study population. However, large and well-designed studies are warranted to validate our findings. ..
- Feng X, Shen N, Luo W, Zhang L, Qian J, Sun L, et al. [OAZ gene polymorphism in Chinese patients with systemic lupus erythematosus]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2004;21:430-4 pubmed..0084) and it showed a tendency to affect gene expression. Special polymorphism haplotype of OAZ gene is associated with Chinese SLE. OAZ may suggest a new pathway for lupus. ..
- Yu K, Chen A, Shao Z. No association between a progesterone receptor gene promoter polymorphism (+331G>A) and breast cancer risk in Caucasian women: evidence from a literature-based meta-analysis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;122:853-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present meta-analysis strongly suggests that +331G>A in the PgR gene is not associated with breast cancer risk. ..