Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna primers in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: dna primers
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- Sun S, Gui Y, Wang Y, Qian L, Liu X, Jiang Q, et al. Effects of methotrexate on the developments of heart and vessel in zebrafish. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:86-96 pubmed..Our results indicated that the disrupted development of the heart and vessels in MTX-treated embryos is related to the reduced transcript levels of hand2, mef2a, mef2c, and flk-1. ..
- Guo L, Song L, Wang Z, Zhao W, Mao W, Yin M. Panaxydol inhibits the proliferation and induces the differentiation of human hepatocarcinoma cell line HepG2. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;181:138-43 pubmed publisher..Panaxydol also increased the protein levels of p21, pRb and the hypophosphorylated pRb in a dose-dependent manner. These findings suggest that panaxydol is of value for further exploration as a potential anti-cancer agent. ..
- Zhao C, Zhang Y, Jiang S, Jiang L, Dai L. Both endoplasmic reticulum and mitochondria are involved in disc cell apoptosis and intervertebral disc degeneration in rats. Age (Dordr). 2010;32:161-77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NS3694 and Z-ATAD-FMK dramatically suppress annular cell apoptosis and caspase-9 activity. In conclusion, disc cell apoptosis mediated simultaneously by ER and mitochondria plays a potent role in IVDD. ..
- Ye Q, Zhu W, Li L, Zhang S, Yin Y, Ma H, et al. Brassinosteroids control male fertility by regulating the expression of key genes involved in Arabidopsis anther and pollen development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6100-5 pubmed publisher..Our work provides a unique mechanism to explain how a phytohormone regulates an essential genetic program for plant development. ..
- Shen X, Tang Q, Huang J, Cai W. Vitamin E regulates adipocytokine expression in a rat model of dietary-induced obesity. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010;235:47-51 pubmed publisher..422, P < 0.05). Administration of VE decreases leptin and adiponectin expression in obese rats. This finding is consistent with the view that antioxidants can play an important role in the treatment of obesity-related diseases. ..
- Jiang H, Ren F, Sun J, He L, Li W, Xie Y, et al. Molecular cloning and gene expression analysis of the leptin receptor in the Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11175 pubmed publisher..Increased knowledge of leptin receptor function will enhance our understanding of the physiological roles of leptin in animals...
- Xie Z, Chen Y, Li Z, Bai G, Zhu Y, Yan R, et al. Smad6 promotes neuronal differentiation in the intermediate zone of the dorsal neural tube by inhibition of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12119-24 pubmed..Our study provides evidence that transition of NPCs from a proliferative state to a differentiating state is controlled by the dual inhibitory role of Smad6 to both BMP and Wnt signaling at the level of transcription...
- Liu F, Li J, Fu J, Shen Y, Xu X. Two novel homologs of simple C-type lectin in grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus): potential role in immune response to bacteria. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:765-73 pubmed publisher..This is the first report that the expression of group VII C-type lectins could be induced by a pathogen, and indicates these lectins may be involved in the immune response to bacteria in fish. ..
- Liu W, Zhou Y, Liao H, Zhao Y, Song Z. Microsatellite primers in Carex moorcroftii (Cyperaceae), a dominant species of the steppe on the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. Am J Bot. 2011;98:e382-4 pubmed publisher..These markers provide a useful tool to investigate the clonal structure and mating system of C. moorcroftii. ..
- Duan H, Cai Y, Sun X. Platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa polymorphism HPA-3 b/b is associated with increased risk of ischemic stroke in patients under 60 years of age. Med Sci Monit. 2012;18:CR19-24 pubmed..008). The GpIIb Ile/Ser843 gene polymorphism is associated with ischemic stroke among young and middle-aged adults (<60 years), especially males. The GpIIIa PlA1 phenotype has no relationship to ischemic stroke. ..
- Wu J, Sun P, Zhang X, Liu H, Jiang H, Zhu W, et al. Inhibition of GPR40 protects MIN6 ? cells from palmitate-induced ER stress and apoptosis. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:1152-8 pubmed publisher..Similar results were observed in GPR40-deficient MIN6 cells, indicating that palmitate-induced ?-cell apoptosis is at least partially dependent on ER stress pathway via GRP40. ..
- Yang S, Bo J, Hu H, Guo X, Tian R, Sun C, et al. Derivation of male germ cells from induced pluripotent stem cells in vitro and in reconstituted seminiferous tubules. Cell Prolif. 2012;45:91-100 pubmed publisher..However, up to now it is not known whether iPS cells would be able to differentiate into male germ cells in vivo. The aim of this study was to explore differentiation potential of iPS cells to male germ cells in vitro and in vivo...
- Gu X, Ji X, Shi L, Yi C, Zhao Y, Wang A, et al. Transforming growth factor beta1 gene variation Leu10Pro affects secretion and function in hepatic cells. Dig Dis Sci. 2012;57:2901-9 pubmed publisher..Pro10 up-regulated expression of CD105 and down-regulated expression of CD83. TGF?1 gene Leu10Pro variation in signal peptide has significant effects on TGF?1 secretion and functions in hepatic cells. ..
- Wu X, Zhang J, Zhen R, Lv J, Zheng L, Su X, et al. Trastuzumab anti-tumor efficacy in patient-derived esophageal squamous cell carcinoma xenograft (PDECX) mouse models. J Transl Med. 2012;10:180 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates Trastuzumab-induced tumor regressions in HER-2 positive tumors, and highlights PIK3CA mutation as a potential resistance mechanism to Trastuzumab treatment in pre-clinical patient-derived EC xenograft models. ..
- Yin T, Li H, Zhang Y, Yang N, Sun L, Cao Y, et al. Sensitive and low-background electrochemical assay of corin activity via supramolecular recognition and rolling circle amplification. Anal Chim Acta. 2016;919:28-33 pubmed publisher..92 pM, and can further be directly used in maternal plasma samples. Therefore, this method may provide a promising tool for pathological research and clinical diagnosis of corin-related diseases. ..
- Cheng T, Chen M, Zheng H, Wang J, Yang S, Jiang W. Expression and purification of penicillin G acylase enzymes from four different micro-organisms, and a comparative evaluation of their synthesis/hydrolysis ratios for cephalexin. Protein Expr Purif. 2006;46:107-13 pubmed..We find here that the penicillin G acylase enzyme from K. cryocrescens shows a higher intrinsic synthesis/hydrolysis ratio, when compared to three other enzymes from A. facaelis or P. rettgeri, or E. coli...
- Chen Z, Pang Y, Liu X, Wang X, Deng Z, Sun X, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel mannose-binding lectin cDNA from Zantedeschia aethiopica. Biocell. 2005;29:187-93 pubmed..Southern blot analysis of the genomic DNA revealed that zaa belonged to a multi-copy gene family. ..
- Luo B, Xue X, Hu W, Wang L, Chen X. An ABC transporter gene of Arabidopsis thaliana, AtWBC11, is involved in cuticle development and prevention of organ fusion. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:1790-802 pubmed..Furthermore, RNA blot analysis supported epidermis-specific expression of AtWBC11. Our results support that AtWBC11 is involved in cuticle development...
- Liu D, Wei Y, Zhou F, Ge Y, Xu J, Chen H, et al. E1AF promotes mithramycin A-induced Huh-7 cell apoptosis depending on its DNA-binding domain. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2008;477:20-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, E1AF increases mithramycin A-induced Huh-7 cells apoptosis and Bax expression depending on its DNA-binding domain, indicating that E1AF might contribute to the therapeutic efficiency of mithramycin A for hepatoma. ..
- Wang Y, Shen Y, Li K, Zhang P, Wang G, Gao L, et al. Role of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in lipopolysaccharide-induced mucin production in human airway epithelial cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2009;486:111-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that LPS-induced MUC5AC production may be partially mediated by MMP-9 activation and EGFR-p38 MAPK/JNK signaling pathway. Doxycycline may play a therapeutic role in LPS-induced mucus hypersecretion. ..
- Liu W, Guan M, Su B, Ye C, Li J, Zhang X, et al. Quantitative assessment of AKAP12 promoter methylation in colorectal cancer using methylation-sensitive high resolution melting: Correlation with Duke's stage. Cancer Biol Ther. 2010;9:862-71 pubmed..Our study demonstrated that MS-HRM is a robust, fast and sensitive method for AKAP12 methylation analysis. AKAP12 methylation represents a potential molecular biomarker for predicting the malignancy of this cancer. ..
- Guo W, Xue J, Shi J, Li N, Shao Y, Yu X, et al. Proteomics analysis of distinct portal vein tumor thrombi in hepatocellular carcinoma patients. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:4170-5 pubmed publisher..Specific treatments targeting dPVTT might be applied to HCC patients with dPVTT. ..
- Chen J, Wang G, Wang L, Kang J, Wang J. Curcumin p38-dependently enhances the anticancer activity of valproic acid in human leukemia cells. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2010;41:210-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Cur could p38-dependently promote bax expression and hence enhance the anticancer activity of VPA in human leukemia cells. ..
- Jiang W, Jiang Y, Li C, Liang J. Investigation of supragingival plaque microbiota in different caries status of Chinese preschool children by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis. Microb Ecol. 2011;61:342-52 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest that supragingival plaque microbiota as a whole undergoes a more complicated shift in the caries process...
- Zhao K, Han F, Zou Y, Zhu L, Li C, Xu Y, et al. Rapid detection of porcine circovirus type 2 using a TaqMan-based real-time PCR. Virol J. 2010;7:374 pubmed publisher..The limits of detection and quantitation were 10 and 100 copies, respectively. Using the established real-time PCR system, 39 of the 40 samples we tested were detected as positive...
- Han X, Ding C, Chen H, Hu Q, Yu S. Enzymatic and biological characteristics of enolase in Brucella abortus A19. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:2705-11 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Western blot demonstrated His-eno's binding ability to 34 bovine B. abortus positive sera, suggesting that future studies may find enolase a useful as a diagnostic marker or a vaccine candidate for brucellosis. ..
- Zhao W, Xu J, Zhong J. Enhanced production of ganoderic acids in static liquid culture of Ganoderma lucidum under nitrogen-limiting conditions. Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:8185-90 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated a useful strategy for enhancing GAs production and provided useful information for further investigation on its biosynthesis regulation...
- Zhou S, Tan C, Dai Z, Zhu H, Xu M, Zhou Z, et al. Tacrolimus enhances the invasion potential of hepatocellular carcinoma cells and promotes lymphatic metastasis in a rat model of hepatocellular carcinoma: involvement of vascular endothelial growth factor-C. Transplant Proc. 2011;43:2747-54 pubmed publisher..This influence may be the result of an increase in VEGF-C expression by HCC cells. Targeting the VEGF-C/Fms-related tyrosine kinase 4 axis may be a novel treatment for HCC patients after liver transplantation. ..
- Wang K, Guo Y, Wang F, Wang Z. Drosophila TRPA channel painless inhibits male-male courtship behavior through modulating olfactory sensation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25890 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that functions of painless in the adult central nervous system of Drosophila include modulation of olfactory processing and inhibition of male-male courtship behavior. ..
- Li S, Zhang L, Wu Q, Xin A, Zhao J, Fan L. Increasing the refolding efficiency in vitro by site-directed mutagenesis of Cys383 in rat procarboxypeptidase B. Enzyme Microb Technol. 2011;49:139-45 pubmed publisher..While the results also claimed that the potential effects of the substituted amino acid on the protein itself should be seriously considered in addition to its ability to reduce the probability of disulfide mismatches. ..
- Chen W, Xie Y, Xu J, Wang Q, Gu M, Yang J, et al. Molecular typing of Vibrio parahaemolyticus isolates from the middle-east coastline of China. Int J Food Microbiol. 2012;153:402-12 pubmed publisher..966) when ERIC-PCR was coupled with sequence analysis of the gyrB gene. These results suggest that ERIC-PCR combined with sequence analysis of gyrB gene may be a reliable, rapid typing strategy for V. parahaemolyticus strains...
- Luo L, Liu F, Lin Z, Xie Y, Xu J, Tong Q, et al. Genistein regulates the IL-1 beta induced activation of MAPKs in human periodontal ligament cells through G protein-coupled receptor 30. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2012;522:9-16 pubmed publisher..Thus, genistein plays a role in the regulation of MAPK activation via GPR30, and GPR30 represents a novel target regulated by steroid hormones in PDL cells...
- Xiao Y, Hu Y, Liu M, Chen X. Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellites in Iris ensata (Iridaceae). Am J Bot. 2012;99:e498-500 pubmed publisher..Microsatellite primers were developed in Iris ensata (Iridaceae) to provide polymorphic markers for further studies into population genetics. •..
- Tang Y, Tan S, Xue H. Arabidopsis inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate 5/6 kinase 2 is required for seed coat development. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2013;45:549-60 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ITPK2 plays an essential role in seed coat development and lipid polyester barrier formation. ..
- Huang J, Khan I, Liu R, Yang Y, Zhu N. Single primer-mediated circular polymerase chain reaction for hairpin DNA cloning and plasmid editing. Anal Biochem. 2016;500:18-20 pubmed publisher..Six hairpin DNAs with short 4-nucleotide loops were successfully cloned. Moreover, SPC-PCR was also applied to plasmid editing within 3Â h with a success rate higher than 95%. ..
- Li X, Xu Y, Wang Q, Lu Y, Zheng Y, Wang Y, et al. Leukemogenic AML1-ETO fusion protein upregulates expression of connexin 43: the role in AML 1-ETO-induced growth arrest in leukemic cells. J Cell Physiol. 2006;208:594-601 pubmed..The potential mutation or/and epigenetic alterations of CX43 and its related gene(s) deserve to be explored in AML1-ETO-positive AML patients. ..
- Huang T, Wang W, Bessaud M, Ren P, Sheng J, Yan H, et al. Evidence of recombination and genetic diversity in human rhinoviruses in children with acute respiratory infection. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6355 pubmed publisher..None of the HRV-C strains appeared to have a higher clinical impact than HRV-A or HRV-B on respiratory compromise. ..
- Tian L, Fang Y, Xue J, Chen J. Four microRNAs promote prostate cell proliferation with regulation of PTEN and its downstream signals in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75885 pubmed publisher..These findings increase understanding of the molecular mechanisms of prostate carcinogenesis and progression, even provide valuable insights into the diagnosis, prognosis, and rational design of novel therapeutics for prostate cancer. ..
- Guo B, Hexige S, Zhang T, Pittman J, Chen D, Ming F. Cloning and characterization of a PI-like MADS-box gene in Phalaenopsis orchid. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;40:845-52 pubmed..The flowers of transgenic tobacco plants ectopically expressing PhPI15 showed male-sterile phenotypes. Thus, as a Class-B MADS-box gene, PhPI15 specifies floral organ identity in orchids. ..
- Li J, Chen Q, Xiong W, Fang X. [Establishment of RT- LAMP for rapid detection of foot-and-mouth disease virus]. Bing Du Xue Bao. 2009;25:137-42 pubmed..The detection limit of this method was found to be 10(-5) dilution of RNA sample which was 100-fold higher than that of PCR and 10-fold higher than real-time PCR. ..
- Zong H, Yin B, Chen J, Ma B, Cai D, He X. Over-expression of c-FLIP confers the resistance to TRAIL-induced apoptosis on gallbladder carcinoma. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2009;217:203-8 pubmed..The present study provides a potent strategy for the treatment of gallbladder carcinoma by targeting the c-FLIP. ..
- Lu S, Yang J, Chen Z, Gong S, Zhou H, Xu X, et al. Different mutants of PSMB5 confer varying bortezomib resistance in T lymphoblastic lymphoma/leukemia cells derived from the Jurkat cell line. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:831-7 pubmed publisher..Mutations of the PSMB5 gene resulting in substitutions of Ala49 and Ala50 of PSMB5 protein can confer varying bortezomib resistance. ..
- Shao X, Zhang R, Hu C, Wang C, Lu J, Qin W, et al. Precise microdeletion detection of Prader-Willi Syndrome with array comparative genome hybridization. Biomed Environ Sci. 2010;23:194-8 pubmed publisher..A novel feature of metacarpophalangeal joint rigidity was also presented, which is the first time reported in PWS. ..
- Meng X, Huang B, Zhou L, He Y, Chen Q, Yuan Y, et al. Construction of a Coix BAC library and isolation of the 22 kDa α-coixin gene cluster. Genome. 2010;53:667-74 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated the suitability of this BAC library for gene isolation and comparative genomics studies of the Coix genome...
- Jiang S, Xie Q, Zhang W, Zhou X, Jin Y. Preparation of anti-mouse caspase-12 mRNA hammerhead ribozyme and identification of its activity in vitro. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:4094-7 pubmed..It shows a potential to suppress the expression of caspase-12 in vivo, thus provided a new way to protect cells from ER stress induced apoptosis. ..
- Sun H, SCHLONDORFF J, Brown E, Higgs H, Pollak M. Rho activation of mDia formins is modulated by an interaction with inverted formin 2 (INF2). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2933-8 pubmed publisher..The effects of disease-causing INF2 mutations suggest an important role for this protein and its interaction with other formins in modulating glomerular podocyte phenotype and function. ..
- Yang Z, Huang J, Liu S, Zhao Y, Shen Z, Wang Y, et al. The osteoprotective effect of psoralen in ovariectomy-induced osteoporotic rats via stimulating the osteoblastic differentiation from bone mesenchymal stem cells. Menopause. 2012;19:1156-64 pubmed..Our findings show that PSO promotes bone mass in OVX-induced osteoporotic rats. This effect of PSO is highly related to the stimulation of differentiation of bMSCs to osteoblasts. ..
- Lijun C, Xizhi M, Lin K, Kejing D, Shouyuan Z, Changben L. Detecting Rice stripe virus (RSV) in the small brown planthopper (Laodelphax striatellus) with high specificity by RT-PCR. J Virol Methods. 2003;112:115-20 pubmed..Duplex RT-PCR conditions were established for the simultaneous detection of RSV and actin. This approach can be used for the early detection of RSV in L. striatellus and the subsequent rice stripe disease forecasting...
- Wu W, Sun H, Gao Y, Li Y, Wang L, Zhou K, et al. Reduction in p48-ISGFgamma levels confers resistance to interferon-alpha2a in MHCC97 cells. Oncology. 2004;67:428-40 pubmed..Our results confirm the important role of Jak/STATS signaling in the antiproliferative effects of IFN-alpha in tumor cells and indicate that defects in ISGF3 can cause resistance to IFN-alpha(2a) treatment. ..
- Jian Y, Yan J, Wang H, Chen C, Sun M, Jiang J, et al. Cyclin D3 interacts with vitamin D receptor and regulates its transcription activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:739-48 pubmed..Cyclin D3 up-regulated transcriptional activity of VDR and this effect was counteracted by overexpression of CDK4 and CDK6. These findings provide us a new clue to understand the transcription regulation functions of D-type cyclins. ..
- Yin K, Han X, Xu Z, Xue H. Arabidopsis GLP4 is localized to the Golgi and binds auxin in vitro. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:478-87 pubmed
- Huang L, Zhai S, Cheung A, Zhang H, Long J, Yuan S. Detection of a novel porcine parvovirus, PPV4, in Chinese swine herds. Virol J. 2010;7:333 pubmed publisher..However, the PPV4 ORF3 encoded protein shares minimal amino acid identity with the ORF3 encoded proteins of the Bocavirus genus. ..
- Huang W, Pi L, Liang W, Xu B, Wang H, Cai R, et al. The proteolytic function of the Arabidopsis 26S proteasome is required for specifying leaf adaxial identity. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2479-92 pubmed..Together, our findings reveal that posttranslational regulation is essential in proper leaf patterning. ..
- Ma B, Lei X, Guan Y, Mou L, Yuan Y, Yue H, et al. Maintenance of retinal cancer stem cell-like properties through long-term serum-free culture from human retinoblastoma. Oncol Rep. 2011;26:135-43 pubmed publisher..This would be a suitable in vitro model to study cancer stem-like cells in retinoblastoma and to develop chemotherapeutic drugs and strategies. ..
- Xu J, Hu G, Lu M, Xiong Y, Li Q, Chang C, et al. MiR-9 reduces human acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 to decrease THP-1 macrophage-derived foam cell formation. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2013;45:953-62 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-9 might be an important regulator in cellular cholesterol homeostasis and decrease the formation of foam cells in vivo by reducing ACAT1 proteins. ..
- Xu R, Yao Z, Xin L, Zhang Q, Li T, Gan R. NC1 domain of human type VIII collagen (alpha 1) inhibits bovine aortic endothelial cell proliferation and causes cell apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;289:264-8 pubmed..It is interesting that sequence analysis showed that there was only about 12% amino acid sequence homology between vastatin and endostatin. The structure-function relationship of these angiogenesis molecules remains to be elucidated. ..
- Xie B, Shen J, Dong A, Swaim M, Hackett S, Wyder L, et al. An Adam15 amplification loop promotes vascular endothelial growth factor-induced ocular neovascularization. FASEB J. 2008;22:2775-83 pubmed publisher..Perturbation of the loop by elimination of ADAM15 suppresses ocular neovascularization in 3 different model systems, and thus ADAM15 provides a new therapeutic target for diseases complicated by neovascularization. ..
- Yuan D, Liu L, Shao X, Peng C, Chi C, Guo Z. New conotoxins define the novel I3-superfamily. Peptides. 2009;30:861-5 pubmed publisher..Additionally, two O-superfamily conotoxins were also cloned based on the signal peptide of ca11a, suggesting a possible evolutionary relationship between O- and I-superfamilies. ..
- Xiong A, Yao Q, Peng R, Cheng Z. Directed in vitro evolution of reporter genes based on semi-rational design and high-throughput screening. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;634:239-56 pubmed publisher..The second DNA shuffling and screening process also involves the same eight steps, except that degenerate oligonucleotide primers are based on the sequence of the selected mutant. ..
- Wang H, Lu S, Yu Q, Liang W, Gao H, Li P, et al. Sevoflurane preconditioning confers neuroprotection via anti-inflammatory effects. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2011;3:604-15 pubmed..Thus, the data suggest that APC with sevoflurane confers neuroprotection against focal ischemic brain injury, at least in part, by the anti-inflammatory effects of sevoflurane. ..
- Wu J, Sun J. Investigation on mechanism of growth arrest induced by iron oxide nanoparticles in PC12 cells. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2011;11:11079-83 pubmed
- Zhu X. Structural requirements and dynamics of mitosin-kinetochore interaction in M phase. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1016-24 pubmed..Our data also suggest that mitosin might interact with chromatin in interphase. Evidence for coordinated regulation between the centromere-targeting and the putative chromatin-binding activities is also provided. ..
- Xuanwei Z, Qizhang L, Yizhou Y, Yiyuan C, Juan L. Identification of medicinal Ganoderma species based on PCR with specific primers and PCR-RFLP. Planta Med. 2008;74:197-200 pubmed publisher..tsuga. Phylogenetic relationships were resolved quite efficiently by the FIP gene sequences, which proved to be more useful than other genetic marker techniques in phylogenetic reconstruction of G. lucidum, G. sinense and G. tsuga...
- Ding B, Yin Y, Zhang F, Li Z. Recovery and phylogenetic diversity of culturable fungi associated with marine sponges Clathrina luteoculcitella and Holoxea sp. in the South China Sea. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2011;13:713-21 pubmed publisher..Nigrospora oryzae strain PF18 isolated from sponge C. luteoculcitella showed a strong and broad spectrum antimicrobial activities suggesting the potential for antimicrobial compounds production. ..
- Yang L, Li N, Wang C, Yu Y, Yuan L, Zhang M, et al. Cyclin L2, a novel RNA polymerase II-associated cyclin, is involved in pre-mRNA splicing and induces apoptosis of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:11639-48 pubmed..The data suggest that cyclin L2 represents a new member of the cyclin family, which might regulate the transcription and RNA processing of certain apoptosis-related factors, resulting in tumor cell growth inhibition and apoptosis. ..
- Sun L, Wang D, Liu J. [Preliminary study on prenatal diagnosis from coelomic cells using polymerase chain reaction]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2005;40:812-4 pubmed..Sex determination using cells in coelomic fluid and PCR is reliable, which can be used as a prenatal diagnostic test for sex-linked disorders and has the advantages of high sensitivity and rapidity. ..
- Yang B, Chen Y, Wu L, Xu L, Tachibana H, Cheng X. Seroprevalence of Entamoeba histolytica infection in China. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2012;87:97-103 pubmed publisher..The present study provides an overview of seropositivity to E. histolytica infection in seven provinces in China and use the logistic regression model estimation method to achieve a more accurate measure of amebiasis prevalence...
- Jin X, Li W, Cheng L, Li S, Guo X, Yu A, et al. Two novel short C-type lectin from Chinese mitten crab, Eriocheir sinensis, are induced in response to LPS challenged. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;33:1149-58 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the data presented here demonstrate the successful isolation of two novel C-type lectins from the Chinese mitten crab, and their role in the innate immune system of an invertebrate...
- Mao Y, Zhang X, Yan X, Liu B, Zhao L. Development of group-specific PCR-DGGE fingerprinting for monitoring structural changes of Thauera spp. in an industrial wastewater treatment plant responding to operational perturbations. J Microbiol Methods. 2008;75:231-6 pubmed publisher..This group-specific PCR DGGE fingerprinting technology has the potential to be a profiling tool for monitoring structural shifts of Thauera spp. in industrial WWTPs...
- Zhou T, Li X, Zou J, Cai M, Sun G, Zhang Y, et al. Effects of DC-SIGN expression on renal tubulointerstitial fibrosis in nephritis. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2009;14:2935-43 pubmed..These results suggest that DC-SIGN plays an important role in DC-mediated renal tubular interstitial lesions induced by immuno-inflammatory responses. ..
- Liu W, Wang H, Gu Z, Yang S, Ye X, Pan C, et al. Identification of BACH2 as a susceptibility gene for Graves' disease in the Chinese Han population based on a three-stage genome-wide association study. Hum Genet. 2014;133:661-71 pubmed publisher..However, the mechanism by which BACH2 confers increased risk of GD requires further study. ..
- Qin Y, Zhu W, Xu W, Zhang B, Shi S, Ji S, et al. LSD1 sustains pancreatic cancer growth via maintaining HIF1?-dependent glycolytic process. Cancer Lett. 2014;347:225-32 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, our study demonstrated that LSD1 synergized with HIF1? (hypoxia inducible factor-1?) in maintaining glycolytic process, which fueled pancreatic cancer uncontrolled proliferation. ..
- Ling C, Yao Y, Zheng Y, Wei H, Wang L, Wu X, et al. The C-terminal appended domain of human cytosolic leucyl-tRNA synthetase is indispensable in its interaction with arginyl-tRNA synthetase in the multi-tRNA synthetase complex. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34755-63 pubmed..Our results also indicate that the two molecules interact with each other only through their appended domains. ..
- Sun C, Liang C, Ren Y, Zhen Y, He Z, Wang H, et al. Advanced glycation end products depress function of endothelial progenitor cells via p38 and ERK 1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways. Basic Res Cardiol. 2009;104:42-9 pubmed publisher..AGE-HSA could promote atherosclerosis by upregulating EPCs RAGE expressions and promoting EPCs apoptosis via p38, ERK MAPK pathways, activation of NF-kappaB might also play a role in this process. ..
- Diao H, Yu H, Sun F, Zhang Y, Tanphaichitr N. Rat recombinant ?-defensin 22 is a heparin-binding protein with antimicrobial activity. Asian J Androl. 2011;13:305-11 pubmed publisher..Its lectin-like activity was also investigated by demonstrating its binding ability with heparin beads. This heparin-binding activity implies some potential roles for this defensin in determining the fertilisation capabilities of sperm. ..
- Zhu N, Zhang D, Xie H, Zhou Z, Chen H, Hu T, et al. Endothelial-specific intron-derived miR-126 is down-regulated in human breast cancer and targets both VEGFA and PIK3R2. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;351:157-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-126 could target both VEGFA and PIK3R2, and its expression was decreased in human breast cancer, implying that miR-126 may play a role in tumor genesis and growth by regulating the VEGF/PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. ..
- Hu S, Wu Z, Yan Y, Li Y. Sox31 is involved in central nervous system anteroposterior regionalization through regulating the organizer activity in zebrafish. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2011;43:387-99 pubmed publisher..Taken together, Sox31 functions as an essential CNS AP patterning determinant and coordinates the CNS AP patterning process with organizer specification. ..
- Feng Y, Zhao L, Hong L, Shan C, Shi W, Cai W. Alteration in methylation pattern of GATA-4 promoter region in vitamin A-deficient offspring's heart. J Nutr Biochem. 2013;24:1373-80 pubmed publisher..These findings show that aberrant methylation is one of key mechanisms to heart defects in vitamin A-deficient offspring. DNMTs play a critical role in this process. ..
- Chai Y, Pang Y, Liao Z, Zhang L, Sun X, Lu Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a mannose-binding lectin gene from Crinum asiaticum. J Plant Physiol. 2003;160:913-20 pubmed..Northern blot analysis demonstrated that caa mRNA was constitutively expressed in all the tested tissue types including the root, bulb, leaf, rachise, flower and fruit tissues...
- Wang X, Liu S, Liu X, Chen Z, Liu X, Pang Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a CBF gene from Capsella bursa-pastoris. DNA Seq. 2004;15:180-7 pubmed..Our study implies that Cbcbf might have similar functions possessed by other CBF genes such as inducing the expression of some cold-regulated genes and increasing plants' freezing tolerance...
- Shi J, Shi Z, Zhang S, Zhu Y, Gu B, Li G, et al. Association between single nucleotide polymorphisms in deoxycytidine kinase and treatment response among acute myeloid leukaemia patients. Pharmacogenetics. 2004;14:759-68 pubmed..These results indicate that rSNP haplotypes of dCK gene may serve as a genetic marker for predicting drug responsiveness, which will be beneficial in establishing more effective AML chemotherapeutic regimens. ..
- Lu H, Cai Y, Chen X, Zhang X, Gu Y, Zhang G. High RAPD but no cpDNA sequence variation in the endemic and endangered plant, Heptacodium miconioides Rehd. (Caprifoliaceae). Genetica. 2006;128:409-17 pubmed..Given for few populations remaining, all the populations should be protected and urgent efforts be paid on the small populations to avoid their local extinction...
- Huang J, Lin Y, Li L, Qing D, Teng X, Zhang Y, et al. ARHI, as a novel suppressor of cell growth and downregulated in human hepatocellular carcinoma, could contribute to hepatocarcinogenesis. Mol Carcinog. 2009;48:130-40 pubmed publisher..Our current observations provide evidences that ARHI downregulated in HCCs could play a role in liver cancer via acting as a tumor suppressor gene, which mainly was triggered by the epigenetic events in HCC specimens. ..
- Guan M, Xu C, Zhang F, Ye C. Aberrant methylation of EphA7 in human prostate cancer and its relation to clinicopathologic features. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:88-94 pubmed publisher..Ectopic expression of EphA7 in DU145 cells did not suppress cell growth but inhibited colony formation. Our study provides evidence that epigenetic inactivation of EphA7 may be involved in prostate carcinogenesis. ..
- He Z, Liu Y, Liang D, Wang Z, Robertson E, Lan K. Cellular corepressor TLE2 inhibits replication-and-transcription- activator-mediated transactivation and lytic reactivation of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus. J Virol. 2010;84:2047-62 pubmed publisher..This provides another potentially important mechanism for maintenance of KSHV viral latency through interaction with a host protein. ..
- Shao H, Zhang L, Lv H, Zhou J, Hu Z, Li W. [The utility of trnH-psbA gene for phylogenetic analysis of Huperziaceae and plant barcoding]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2010;33:18-21 pubmed..The purpose of study was to discover the phylogenetic relations and plant barcoding of 17 plants from Huperziaceae...
- Chen M, Zhang J, Li N, Qian Z, Zhu M, Li Q, et al. Promoter hypermethylation mediated downregulation of FBP1 in human hepatocellular carcinoma and colon cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25564 pubmed publisher..In summary, epigenetic inactivation of FBP1 is also common in human liver and colon cancer. FBP1 appears to be a functional tumor suppressor involved in the liver and colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Zhou F, Wang Y. Characteristics of antibiotic resistance of airborne Staphylococcus isolated from metro stations. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2013;10:2412-26 pubmed publisher..More attention should be paid to the inspection and control of antibiotic resistant strains in public transportation systems. ..
- Shen B, Fang T, Dai M, Jones G, Zhang S. Independent losses of visual perception genes Gja10 and Rbp3 in echolocating bats (Order: Chiroptera). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68867 pubmed publisher..Our study thus provides further evidence for the hypothesis that a trade-off occurs at the genetic level between vision and echolocation in bats. ..
- Meng X, Chen J, Yang Q, Wang S, Chao Y, Ying K, et al. Cloning and identification of a novel cDNA which may be associated with FKBP25. Biochem Genet. 2002;40:303-10 pubmed..The gene encodes a putative protein with an unknown domain conserved in many species and is similar to bacterial histidyl-tRNA synthetase, and so it is named human histidyl-tRNA-synthetase-related gene. ..