Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on chondrocytes in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Yu D, Ding H, Mao Y, Liu M, Yu B, Zhao X, et al. Strontium ranelate reduces cartilage degeneration and subchondral bone remodeling in rat osteoarthritis model. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:393-402 pubmed publisher..The high-dose SR treatment can reduce articular cartilage degeneration and subchondral bone remodeling in the rat MMT model of OA. ..
- Yuan F, Wang H, Zhao M, Yuan W, Cao L, Duan P, et al. Ovarian cancer G protein-coupled receptor 1 is involved in acid-induced apoptosis of endplate chondrocytes in intervertebral discs. J Bone Miner Res. 2014;29:67-77 pubmed publisher..OGR1-mediated [Ca(2+) ]i elevation has a crucial role in apoptosis of endplate chondrocytes by regulating activation of calcium-sensitive proteases and their downstream signaling. ..
- Xue J, Gong Y, Zhou G, Liu W, Cao Y, Zhang W. Chondrogenic differentiation of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells induced by acellular cartilage sheets. Biomaterials. 2012;33:5832-40 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ACSs possess a chondrogenic induction activity that promotes BMSC differentiation. ..
- Dai J, Wang X, Shen G. Cotransplantation of autologous bone marrow stromal cells and chondrocytes as a novel therapy for reconstruction of condylar cartilage. Med Hypotheses. 2011;77:132-3 pubmed publisher..In our strategy, advantages of two types of cells are utilized and shortcomings are avoided, which strongly improve the feasibility and clinical safety, finally bring great hope to the patients with TMJ disease. ..
- Zhang L, Spector M. Comparison of three types of chondrocytes in collagen scaffolds for cartilage tissue engineering. Biomed Mater. 2009;4:045012 pubmed publisher..AU cells have the capability to produce cartilage in collagen scaffolds under conditions in which there is little histogenesis by AR and ME cells. ..
- Liang W, Li Z, Wang Z, Zhou J, Song H, Xu S, et al. Periodic Mechanical Stress INDUCES Chondrocyte Proliferation and Matrix Synthesis via CaMKII-Mediated Pyk2 Signaling. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:383-396 pubmed publisher..Our results collectively indicate that periodic mechanical stress promotes chondrocyte proliferation and matrix synthesis through the integrin?1-CaMKII-Pyk2-ERK1/2 signaling cascade. ..
- Wang J, Qiao Y, Sun F, Wan Y, Huang T, Ye T, et al. Identification and characterization of mouse Gas6 promoter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;371:567-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations provide insight into the mechanism by which Gas6 is downregulated during mesenchymal stem cells differentiation into chondrocytes. ..
- Tu Y, Xue H, Francis W, Davies A, Pallister I, Kanamarlapudi V, et al. Lactoferrin inhibits dexamethasone-induced chondrocyte impairment from osteoarthritic cartilage through up-regulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 and suppression of FASL, FAS, and Caspase 3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:249-55 pubmed publisher..This study may contribute to further investigating the clinical application of LF on OA. ..
- Wei Y, Zeng W, Wan R, Wang J, Zhou Q, Qiu S, et al. Chondrogenic differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells from osteoarthritic chondrocytes in alginate matrix. Eur Cell Mater. 2012;23:1-12 pubmed..This work adds to our understanding of potential solutions to osteoarthritic cell replacement problem. ..
- Zhang Z, Li H, Qi Y, Du L, Zhu S, Wu M, et al. Recombinant human midkine stimulates proliferation of articular chondrocytes. Cell Prolif. 2010;43:184-94 pubmed publisher..The results of this study warrant further examination of rhMK for treatment of animal models of articular cartilage defects. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhao S, Zhu Z, Wang Y, Liu J, Zhang Z, et al. Cx43- and Smad-Mediated TGF-β/ BMP Signaling Pathway Promotes Cartilage Differentiation of Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Inhibits Osteoblast Differentiation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1277-1293 pubmed publisher..Cx43 and Smad1 promote BMP-induced cartilage differentiation of BMSCs and inhibit osteoblast differentiation, which provide a new strategy for cartilage tissue engineering using exogenous Cx43 and Smad1. ..
- Xu X, Chen C, Akiyama K, Chai Y, Le A, Wang Z, et al. Gingivae contain neural-crest- and mesoderm-derived mesenchymal stem cells. J Dent Res. 2013;92:825-32 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study indicates that the gingivae contain both neural-crest- and mesoderm-derived MSCs with distinctive stem cell properties...
- He X, Fu W, Feng B, Wang H, Liu Z, Yin M, et al. Electrospun collagen-poly(L-lactic acid-co-?-caprolactone) membranes for cartilage tissue engineering. Regen Med. 2013;8:425-36 pubmed publisher..To study the feasibility of electrospun collagen-poly(L-lactic acid-co-?-caprolactone) (collagen-PLCL) membranes for cartilage tissue engineering...
- He J, Zhang J, Wang D. Down-regulation of microRNA-216b inhibits IL-1Î²-induced chondrocyte injury by up-regulation of Smad3. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that miR-216b contributes to progression of OA by directly targeting Smad3, providing a potential therapeutic target for treatment of OA. ..
- Zhang M, Zhou Q, Liang Q, Li C, Holz J, Tang D, et al. IGF-1 regulation of type II collagen and MMP-13 expression in rat endplate chondrocytes via distinct signaling pathways. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2009;17:100-6 pubmed publisher..In rat endplate chondrocytes the PI3K pathway mainly transduces IGF-1 effect on col2 expression while the ERK pathway mediates IGF-1 effect on MMP-13 expression. ..
- Zhou J, Yu G, Cao C, Pang J, Chen X. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 promotes chondrogenesis in human amniotic epithelial cells. Int Orthop. 2011;35:941-8 pubmed publisher..These properties make BMPs promising tools in the engineering of cartilaginous joint bio-prostheses and as candidate biological agents or genes for cartilage stabilisation. ..
- Gu S, Zhang Y, Wu S, Diao T, Gebru Y, Deng H. Early molecular responses of bone to obstructive nephropathy induced by unilateral ureteral obstruction in mice. Nephrology (Carlton). 2012;17:767-73 pubmed publisher..This study was performed to address the bone injury and the early molecular responses of bone to obstructive nephropathy induced by unilateral ureteral obstruction in mice...
- Yang J, Qin S, Yi C, Ma G, Zhu H, Zhou W, et al. MiR-140 is co-expressed with Wwp2-C transcript and activated by Sox9 to target Sp1 in maintaining the chondrocyte proliferation. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2992-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings expand our understanding of the transcriptional regulation and the chondrogenic role of miR-140 in chondrogenesis. ..
- Zhang Z, Shen C, Li H, Fan Q, Ding J, Jin F, et al. Leptin induces the apoptosis of chondrocytes in an in vitro model of osteoarthritis via the JAK2â€‘STAT3 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:3684-90 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated the importance of leptin as a therapeutic target for the treatment of OA in the overweight population. ..
- Luo X, Liu Y, Zhang Z, Tao R, Liu Y, He A, et al. Long-term functional reconstruction of segmental tracheal defect by pedicled tissue-engineered trachea in rabbits. Biomaterials. 2013;34:3336-44 pubmed publisher..The current improved strategy provided a promising approach for long-term functional reconstruction of long segmental tracheal defect...
- Luo J, Zhou W, Zhou X, Li D, Weng J, Yi Z, et al. Regulation of bone formation and remodeling by G-protein-coupled receptor 48. Development. 2009;136:2747-56 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that Gpr48 regulates bone formation and remodeling through the cAMP-PKA-Atf4 signaling pathway. ..
- Wang X, Li F, Fan C, Wang C, Ruan H. Analysis of isoform specific ERK signaling on the effects of interleukin-1? on COX-2 expression and PGE2 production in human chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:23-9 pubmed publisher..Although, inhibition of both ERK1 and ERK2 would be a more effective, each ERK isoform may sufficiently regulate these effects in human chondrocytes. ERK1 or ERK2 may be potential therapeutic target for the inflammatory process of OA. ..
- Ren B, Deng L, Wang J, Zhu Y, Wei L, Zhou Q. Hypoxia regulation of facilitated glucose transporter-1 and glucose transporter-3 in mouse chondrocytes mediated by HIF-1alpha. Joint Bone Spine. 2008;75:176-81 pubmed
- Wu X, Zhou Z, Zou J. MicroRNA-181 inhibits proliferation and promotes apoptosis of chondrocytes in osteoarthritis by targeting PTEN. Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;95:437-444 pubmed publisher..MiR-181 could up-regulate the expressions of caspase-3, PARP, MMP-2, and MMP-9, and thereby inhibit cell proliferation and promote apoptosis of chondrocytes in OA by targeting PTEN. ..
- Wang Y, Xu Z, Wang J, Xu S. DUSP19, a downstream effector of leptin, inhibits chondrocyte apoptosis via dephosphorylating JNK during osteoarthritis pathogenesis. Mol Biosyst. 2016;12:721-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the activity of JNK stimulated by leptin was suppressed by DUSP19 overexpression. The present study indicated that DUSP19, a downstream of leptin, inhibited apoptosis of chondrocytes through dephosphorylating JNK. ..
- Dai J, Wang J, Lu J, Zou D, Sun H, Dong Y, et al. The effect of co-culturing costal chondrocytes and dental pulp stem cells combined with exogenous FGF9 protein on chondrogenesis and ossification in engineered cartilage. Biomaterials. 2012;33:7699-711 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly suggest that the co-culture of CCs and DPSCs combined with exogenous FGF9 can simultaneously enhance chondrogenesis and partially inhibit ossification in engineered cartilage...
- Yuan W, Zhao M, Yuan F, Che W, Duan P, Liu Y, et al. Association of endothelin-1 expression and cartilaginous endplate degeneration in humans. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60062 pubmed publisher..The direct stimulation of CECs by ET-1 did not promote cell apoptosis. The study results suggest that ET-1 played a pivotal role in human CEP degeneration, and may be a new target for development of therapies for this condition. ..
- Qin Z, Qu J, Xu J, Zhang J, Summah H, Sai Yin H, et al. Intrapleural delivery of mesenchymal stem cells: a novel potential treatment for pleural diseases. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011;32:581-90 pubmed publisher..To develop a method to deliver mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) into the pleural cavity for the treatment of pleural diseases...
- Xie G, Wang S, Wang Y, Zhang Y, Zhang H, Jin S, et al. Fas Ligand gene transfer enhances the survival of tissue-engineered chondrocyte allografts in mini-pigs. Transpl Immunol. 2008;19:145-51 pubmed publisher..The result indicates that the expression of FasL by chondrocytes is capable of inducing apoptosis of activated T cells. This suggests a potential role for allogeneic transplantation with chondrocytes. ..