Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell survival in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: cell survival
Publications370 found, 100 shown here
- Dong R, Liu X, Zhang B, Liu B, Zheng S, Dong K. Long non-coding RNA-CRNDE: a novel regulator of tumor growth and angiogenesis in hepatoblastoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:42087-42097 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study reveals a crucial role of CRNDE in the pathology of hepatoblastoma. CRNDE may serve as a promising diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for hepatoblastoma. ..
- Yi J, Yang J, He R, Gao F, Sang H, Tang X, et al. Emodin enhances arsenic trioxide-induced apoptosis via generation of reactive oxygen species and inhibition of survival signaling. Cancer Res. 2004;64:108-16 pubmed..This result allows us to propose a novel strategy in chemotherapy that uses mild ROS generators to facilitate apoptosis-inducing drugs whose efficacy depends on ROS. ..
- Wu M, Sun Q, Yang C, Chen D, Ding J, Chen Y, et al. Synthesis and activity of Combretastatin A-4 analogues: 1,2,3-thiadiazoles as potent antitumor agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2007;17:869-73 pubmed..A series of 4,5-disubstitute-1,2,3-thiadiazole compounds were designed and synthesized as potent anticancer agents, some of them exhibited excellent in vitro and in vivo inhibitory activity...
- Shi X, Wang S, Van Antwerp M, Chen X, Baker J. Targeting and detecting cancer cells using spontaneously formed multifunctional dendrimer-stabilized gold nanoparticles. Analyst. 2009;134:1373-9 pubmed publisher..This approach to functionalizing Au DSNPs may be extended to other targeting molecules, providing a unique nanoplatform for targeting and imaging of a variety of biological systems. ..
- Zhang K, Wang H, Huang C, Su Y, Mo X, Ikada Y. Fabrication of silk fibroin blended P(LLA-CL) nanofibrous scaffolds for tissue engineering. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;93:984-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that SF/P(LLA-CL) blended nanofibrous scaffolds might be potential candidates for vascular tissue engineering...
- Ting L, Bo W, Li R, Chen X, Wang Y, Jun Z, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase supports the NGF-induced viability of human HeLa cells to glucose starvation. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:2593-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that AMP-activated protein kinase supports the NGF-induced viability of human HeLa cells to glucose starvation. ..
- Xu J, Yan C, Yang B, Xie H, Zou X, Zhong L, et al. The role of metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 in developmental lead neurotoxicity. Toxicol Lett. 2009;191:223-30 pubmed publisher..These results might improve the understanding of the mechanism and potential treatments for moderate to severe lead poisoning in children...
- He L, Pan Y, He G, Lin B, Liao C, Zuo X, et al. Structural and functional studies of leptins from hibernating and non-hibernating bats. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;168:29-35 pubmed publisher..This observation provided a clue as to the differential effects of the two different leptins on 3T3-L1 cells. ..
- Yu W, Zhang Y, Jiang X, Zhang F. In vitro behavior of MC3T3-E1 preosteoblast with different annealing temperature titania nanotubes. Oral Dis. 2010;16:624-30 pubmed publisher..Annealing can change the crystal form and composition of nanotubes. The nanotubes after annealing can promote osteoblast proliferation and mineralization in vitro. ..
- Shi M, Zheng M, Liu Z, Hu Z, Huang Y, Chen J, et al. DCC is specifically required for the survival of retinal ganglion and displaced amacrine cells in the developing mouse retina. Dev Biol. 2010;348:87-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest that DCC is a key regulator for the survival of specific types of neurons during retinal development and that DCC-P3 domain is essential for this developing event. ..
- Cui D, Wang L, Qi A, Zhou Q, Zhang X, Jiang W. Propofol prevents autophagic cell death following oxygen and glucose deprivation in PC12 cells and cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35324 pubmed publisher..We therefore studied whether propofol could attenuate the formation of autophagosomes, and if so, whether the inhibition of autophagic cell death mediates the neuroprotective effects observed with propofol...
- Zou C, Xu Q, Mao F, Li D, Bian C, Liu L, et al. MiR-145 inhibits tumor angiogenesis and growth by N-RAS and VEGF. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:2137-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that miR-145 plays important inhibitory role in breast cancer malignancy by targeting N-RAS and VEGF-A, which may be potential therapeutic and diagnostic targets. ..
- Rong X, Yang S, Miao H, Guo T, Wang Z, Shi W, et al. Effects of erythropoietin-dextran microparticle-based PLGA/PLA microspheres on RGCs. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:6025-34 pubmed publisher..The PLGA/PLA microspheres may be a feasible protein delivery system, such as EPO, to intravitreal injection for retinal degeneration diseases. ..
- Lian S, Xiao Y, Bian Q, Xia Y, Guo C, Wang S, et al. Injectable hydrogel as stem cell scaffolds from the thermosensitive terpolymer of NIPAAm/AAc/HEMAPCL. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:4893-905 pubmed publisher..The copolymer with NIPAAm/AAc/HEMAPCL ratio of 88:9.6:2.4 was bioconjugated with type I collagen for the purpose of biocompatibility enhancement. In-vitro cytotoxicity of the hydrogels both with and without collagen was also addressed. ..
- Liu C, Zhang C, Mitchel R, Cui J, Lin J, Yang Y, et al. A critical role of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and its' in vivo ligands in basal radio-resistance. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e649 pubmed publisher..Further, these data also suggest that management of gut flora through antibiotic or possibly probiotic therapy may alter the innate response to the total body irradiation. ..
- Pan L, Xu P, Luo X, Wang L, Liu S, Zhu Y, et al. Shizukaol B, an active sesquiterpene from Chloranthus henryi, attenuates LPS-induced inflammatory responses in BV2 microglial cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;88:878-884 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that shizukaol B exerts anti-inflammatory effects in LPS-activated microglia partly by modulating JNK-AP-1 signaling pathway. ..
- Yanqing Z, Yu Min L, Jian Q, Bao Guo X, Chuan Zhen L. Fibronectin and neuroprotective effect of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in focal cerebral ischemia. Brain Res. 2006;1098:161-9 pubmed
- Mai J, Song S, Rui M, Liu D, Ding Q, Peng J, et al. A synthetic peptide mediated active targeting of cisplatin liposomes to Tie2 expressing cells. J Control Release. 2009;139:174-81 pubmed publisher..Such liposome formulation may be developed into a very useful agent for metronomic chemotherapy. ..
- Weng R, Li Q, Li H, Yang M, Sheng L. Mimic hypoxia improves angiogenesis in ischaemic random flaps. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010;63:2152-9 pubmed publisher..DFO-induced VEGF autocrine secretion also protects endothelial cells from severe hypoxia injury. ..
- Xiong W, Ren Z, Qiu S, Sun H, Wang L, Liu B, et al. Residual hepatocellular carcinoma after oxaliplatin treatment has increased metastatic potential in a nude mouse model and is attenuated by Songyou Yin. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:219 pubmed publisher..13/15 and 3/15 vs. 13/15, respectively). The surviving HCC after oxaliplatin treatment underwent EMT and demonstrated increased metastatic potential. Attenuation of EMT by Songyou Yin may improve the efficacy of chemotherapy in HCC. ..
- Xia A, Chen M, Gao Y, Wu D, Feng W, Li F. Gd3+ complex-modified NaLuF4-based upconversion nanophosphors for trimodality imaging of NIR-to-NIR upconversion luminescence, X-Ray computed tomography and magnetic resonance. Biomaterials. 2012;33:5394-405 pubmed publisher..In addition, the biological toxicity of UCNP@SiO(2)-GdDTPA is evaluated by the methyl thiazolyl tetrazolium (MTT) assay and histological analysis of viscera sections. ..
- Chu M, Shao Y, Peng J, Dai X, Li H, Wu Q, et al. Near-infrared laser light mediated cancer therapy by photothermal effect of Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles. Biomaterials. 2013;34:4078-4088 pubmed publisher..A morphological examination revealed that after a photothermal therapy, the tumor tissue structure exhibited discontinuation, the cells were significantly shriveled and some cells have finally disintegrated. ..
- Chen M, Xiang Z, Cai J. The anti-apoptotic and neuro-protective effects of human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells (hUCB-MSCs) on acute optic nerve injury is transient. Brain Res. 2013;1532:63-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results imply that hUCB-MSCs take anti-apoptotic, pro-neuroregenerative and anti-inflammatory effects in the early time for acute optic nerve injury in adult rats but could not prevent RGCs from death eventually. ..
- Pan Y, Zhang L, Zeng L, Ren W, Xiao X, Zhang J, et al. Gd-based upconversion nanocarriers with yolk-shell structure for dual-modal imaging and enhanced chemotherapy to overcome multidrug resistance in breast cancer. Nanoscale. 2016;8:878-88 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we developed a multifunctional yolk-shell delivery system, which could have potential applications as a visualized theranostic nanoprobe to overcome MDR in breast cancer. ..
- Sun Z, Luo B, Liu Z, Huang L, Liu B, Ma T, et al. Effect of perfluorotributylamine-enriched alginate on nucleus pulposus cell: Implications for intervertebral disc regeneration. Biomaterials. 2016;82:34-47 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the promising application of PFTBA in further intervertebral disc regeneration. ..
- Jin Z, Qing K, Ouyang Y, Liu Z, Wang W, Li X, et al. Low dose of lenalidmide and PI3K/mTOR inhibitor trigger synergistic cytoxicity in activated B cell-like subtype of diffuse large B cell lymphoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2016;35:52 pubmed publisher..Cotreatment was also effective in vivo. These data pave the way for potential treatment of ABC-DLBCL with combination of NVP-Bez235 and lenalidomide. ..
- Zhou J, Xu Z, Jiang C. Neuropeptide Y promotes TGF-beta1 production in RAW264.7 cells by activating PI3K pathway via Y1 receptor. Neurosci Bull. 2008;24:155-9 pubmed..The elevated TGF-beta1 production induced by NPY could be abolished by wortmannin pretreatment. NPY may elicit TGF-beta1 production in RAW264.7 cells via Y1 receptor, and the activated PI3K pathway may account for this effect. ..
- Zhang X, Hu X, Hou A, Wang H. Inhibitory effect of 2,4,2',4'-tetrahydroxy-3-(3-methyl-2-butenyl)-chalcone on tyrosinase activity and melanin biosynthesis. Biol Pharm Bull. 2009;32:86-90 pubmed..These results indicated that TMBC may be a new promising pigmentation-altering agent for cosmetic or therapeutic applications. ..
- Dong C, Wang Y, Zhu Y. Asymmetric synthesis and biological evaluation of Danshensu derivatives as anti-myocardial ischemia drug candidates. Bioorg Med Chem. 2009;17:3499-507 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these Danshensu derivatives may be good drug candidates for anti-myocardial ischemia therapy and merit further investigation. ..
- Li S, Dong P, Wang J, Zhang J, Gu J, Wu X, et al. Icariin, a natural flavonol glycoside, induces apoptosis in human hepatoma SMMC-7721 cells via a ROS/JNK-dependent mitochondrial pathway. Cancer Lett. 2010;298:222-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that icariin induces apoptosis through a ROS/JNK-dependent mitochondrial pathway...
- Shi X, Hong Z, Liu H, Zhang Y, Zhu Y. Neuroprotective effects of SCM198 on 6-hydroxydopamine-induced behavioral deficit in rats and cytotoxicity in neuronal SH-SY5Y cells. Neurochem Int. 2011;58:851-60 pubmed publisher..Therefore we suggest that SCM198 might provide a useful therapeutic strategy for neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease. ..
- Yan S, Zhu J, Wang Z, Yin J, Zheng Y, Chen X. Layer-by-layer assembly of poly(L-glutamic acid)/chitosan microcapsules for high loading and sustained release of 5-fluorouracil. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2011;78:336-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the novel PLGA/CS microcapsules are expected to find application in drug delivery systems because of the properties of biodegradability, high loading, sustained release and cell compatibility. ..
- Feng B, Dong T, Wang L, Zhou H, Zhao H, Dong F, et al. Colorectal cancer migration and invasion initiated by microRNA-106a. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43452 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that miR-106a inhibits the anti-metastatic target directly and results in CRC cell migration and invasion. ..
- Peng J, Zhao L, Zhu X, Sun Y, Feng W, Gao Y, et al. Hollow silica nanoparticles loaded with hydrophobic phthalocyanine for near-infrared photodynamic and photothermal combination therapy. Biomaterials. 2013;34:7905-12 pubmed publisher..This multifunctional nanomedicine may be useful for PTT/PDT treatment of cancer. ..
- Ding W, Tong Y, Zhang X, Pan M, Chen S. Study of Arsenic Sulfide in Solid Tumor Cells Reveals Regulation of Nuclear Factors of Activated T-cells by PML and p53. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19793 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AS differentially regulates NFAT pathway through PML and p53 and reveal an intricate reciprocal regulatory relationship between NFAT proteins and p53 pathway. ..
- Zhang Y, Wen S, Zhao L, Li D, Liu C, Jiang W, et al. Ultrastable polyethyleneimine-stabilized gold nanoparticles modified with polyethylene glycol for blood pool, lymph node and tumor CT imaging. Nanoscale. 2016;8:5567-77 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the formed PEGylated Au PSNPs may be used as a promising contrast agent for CT imaging of different biological systems. ..
- Wang S, Jeffries E, Gao J, Sun L, You Z, Wang Y. Polyester with Pendent Acetylcholine-Mimicking Functionalities Promotes Neurite Growth. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2016;8:9590-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, this simple and versatile synthesis provides a useful tool to produce biomaterials for creating the appropriate stimulatory environment for nerve regeneration. ..
- Pan L, Wang X, Zhang Q, Luo X, Xu P, Liu S, et al. Boehmenan, a lignan from the Chinese medicinal plant Clematis armandii, induces apoptosis in lung cancer cells through modulation of EGF-dependent pathways. Phytomedicine. 2016;23:468-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggested that boehmenan-mediated anti-tumor property was mediated by modulation of mitochondria and EGFR signaling pathway in A549 NSCLC cells. ..
- Li S, Dai W, Mo W, Li J, Feng J, Wu L, et al. By inhibiting PFKFB3, aspirin overcomes sorafenib resistance in hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:2571-2584 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that aspirin overcomes sorafenib resistance and their combination may be an effective treatment approach for HCC. ..
- Che W, Bao Y, Tang F. Down-regulation of C35 decreased the cell viability and migration of breast ductal carcinoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183941 pubmed publisher..In addition, the migration of breast ductal carcinoma cells decreased when C35 expression was interfered by siRNA1 for 24 h, and interfered by siRNA1 and siRNA2 for 48 h. ..
- Wang H, Bai L, Shen B, Yan Z, Jiang Z. Coculture with endothelial cells enhances vascular smooth muscle cell adhesion and spreading via activation of beta1-integrin and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt. Eur J Cell Biol. 2007;86:51-62 pubmed
- Cao Y, Li H, Liu H, Zheng C, Ji H, Liu X. The serine/threonine kinase LKB1 controls thymocyte survival through regulation of AMPK activation and Bcl-XL expression. Cell Res. 2010;20:99-108 pubmed publisher..These findings identify LKB1 as a critical factor for the survival of DP thymocytes through regulation of AMPK activation and Bcl-XL expression. ..
- Liu X, Pan L, Zhuo Y, Gong Q, Rose P, Zhu Y. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1? is involved in the pro-angiogenic effect of hydrogen sulfide under hypoxic stress. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:1550-4 pubmed..Our findings suggest that HIF-1/VEGF is involved in H2S promotes proliferation and migration of ECs. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang C, Zhang Q, Li P. Composite electrospun nanomembranes of fish scale collagen peptides/chito-oligosaccharides: antibacterial properties and potential for wound dressing. Int J Nanomedicine. 2011;6:667-76 pubmed publisher..FSCP/COS NFMs had good anti-bactericidal activity that improved with increased COS, and showed good biocompatibility in vitro and supported the proliferation of fibroblasts. ..
- Chen H, Bao Y, Yu L, Jia R, Cheng W, Shao C. Comparison of cellular damage response to low-dose-rate 125I seed irradiation and high-dose-rate gamma irradiation in human lung cancer cells. Brachytherapy. 2012;11:149-56 pubmed publisher..Ku as molecular markers together with cell proliferation rate can be used to predict the radiosensitivity of tumor cells to LDR 125I seed irradiation. ..
- Yan Z, Yang R, Jiang Y, Yang Z, Yang J, Zhao Q, et al. Induction of apoptosis in human promyelocytic leukemia HL60 cells by panaxynol and panaxydol. Molecules. 2011;16:5561-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, panaxynol and panaxydol have profound effects on growth and apoptosis of HL60 cells, suggesting those substances are worthy of further exploration as potential anti-cancer agents. ..
- Dong P, Zhang Y, Gu J, Wu W, Li M, Yang J, et al. Wogonin, an active ingredient of Chinese herb medicine Scutellaria baicalensis, inhibits the mobility and invasion of human gallbladder carcinoma GBC-SD cells by inducing the expression of maspin. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;137:1373-80 pubmed publisher..However, the detailed mechanism of anti-metastasis effect of wogonin, a main active ingredient of Scutellaria baicalensis, remains elusive...
- Zhai X, Huang W, Liu J, Pang Y, Zhu X, Zhou Y, et al. Micelles from amphiphilic block copolyphosphates for drug delivery. Macromol Biosci. 2011;11:1603-10 pubmed publisher..8 µg mL(-1). It is demonstrated that PEP-b-PIPP micelles can be used as a safe and promising drug delivery system. ..
- Zhu X, Zhou J, Chen M, Shi M, Feng W, Li F. Core-shell Fe3O4@NaLuF4:Yb,Er/Tm nanostructure for MRI, CT and upconversion luminescence tri-modality imaging. Biomaterials. 2012;33:4618-27 pubmed publisher..In vitro tests reveal that the MUCNP is non-cytotoxic. These results suggest that the developed MUCNP could be served as an MR, CT and UCL probe for tri-modality imaging...
- Tong N, Zhang Z, Gong Y, Yin L, Wu X. Diosmin protects rat retina from ischemia/reperfusion injury. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2012;28:459-66 pubmed..Diosmin also attenuated the I/R-induced loss of RGCs of the rat retina (P<0.05). Diosmin protected the retina from I/R injury, possibly via a mechanism involving the regulation of oxidative parameters. ..
- Qian Y, Zha Y, Feng B, Pang Z, Zhang B, Sun X, et al. PEGylated poly(2-(dimethylamino) ethyl methacrylate)/DNA polyplex micelles decorated with phage-displayed TGN peptide for brain-targeted gene delivery. Biomaterials. 2013;34:2117-29 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the results demonstrate that the TGN-decorated PEG-PDMAEMA developed in this study could be utilized as a potential vehicle for gene delivery to the brain. ..
- Qin J, Li K, Peng C, Li X, Lin J, Ye K, et al. MRI of iron oxide nanoparticle-labeled ADSCs in a model of hindlimb ischemia. Biomaterials. 2013;34:4914-25 pubmed publisher..Developed DMSA-NPs were shown to exhibit a considerable potential for use as nanoprobes for MRI of stem cells, which will enhance our understanding of cell-based therapeutic strategies for ischemic diseases...
- Zheng J, Tian X, Sun Y, Lu D, Yang W. pH-sensitive poly(glutamic acid) grafted mesoporous silica nanoparticles for drug delivery. Int J Pharm. 2013;450:296-303 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results demonstrate that MSN-PLGA is a promising platform to build pH controlled drug delivery systems for cancer therapy. ..
- Zhu J, Liao L, Zhu L, Zhang P, Guo K, Kong J, et al. Size-dependent cellular uptake efficiency, mechanism, and cytotoxicity of silica nanoparticles toward HeLa cells. Talanta. 2013;107:408-15 pubmed publisher..6>167.8>307.6 nm. This knowledge is fundamentally important and will facilitate more development of size-defined SNPs as the transporters for various purposes. ..
- Liu D, Mao S, Zhang H, Yu X, Feng M, Wang B, et al. Racemosins A and B, two novel bisindole alkaloids from the green alga Caulerpa racemosa. Fitoterapia. 2013;91:15-20 pubmed publisher..6% increase in cell viability at the concentration of 10?M when compared to epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG, 16.57% increase at 10 ?M) as the positive control. ..
- Cheng M, Gao X, Wang Y, Chen H, He B, Li Y, et al. Synthesis of liver-targeting dual-ligand modified GCGA/5-FU nanoparticles and their characteristics in vitro and in vivo. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:4265-76 pubmed publisher..GCGA/5-FU nanoparticles significantly suppressed tumor growth in orthotopic liver transplantation mouse model, and improved mouse survival. ..
- Feng J, Chong M, Chan J, Zhang Z, Teoh S, Thian E. A scalable approach to obtain mesenchymal stem cells with osteogenic potency on apatite microcarriers. J Biomater Appl. 2014;29:93-103 pubmed publisher..001). Additionally, type I collagen and osteocalcin expression were 1.8- and 1.5-fold higher than that of adherent monolayer culture on day 12, respectively (pâ€‰<â€‰0.001). ..
- Cheng P, Han P, Zhao C, Zhang S, Wu H, Ni J, et al. High-purity magnesium interference screws promote fibrocartilaginous entheses regeneration in the anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction rabbit model via accumulation of BMP-2 and VEGF. Biomaterials. 2016;81:14-26 pubmed publisher..HP Mg was promising as a biodegradable interference screw with the potential to promote fibrocartilaginous entheses regeneration in ACL reconstruction. ..
- Zhou Z, Ma J, Xiao C, Han X, Qiu R, Wang Y, et al. Phenotypic and functional alterations of pDCs in lupus-prone mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20373 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, pDC are activated alone with disease development and its phenotype and function differ among lupus-prone strains, and these differences may contribute to the development of lupus in these mice. ..
- Wo F, Xu R, Shao Y, Zhang Z, Chu M, Shi D, et al. A Multimodal System with Synergistic Effects of Magneto-Mechanical, Photothermal, Photodynamic and Chemo Therapies of Cancer in Graphene-Quantum Dot-Coated Hollow Magnetic Nanospheres. Theranostics. 2016;6:485-500 pubmed publisher..The unique nanocomposites with combined mechanical, chemo, and physical effects will provide an alternative strategy for highly improved cancer therapy efficiency. ..
- Yang Y, Zong M, Xu W, Zhang Y, Wang B, Yang M, et al. Natural pyrethrins induces apoptosis in human hepatocyte cells via Bax- and Bcl-2-mediated mitochondrial pathway. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;262:38-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results indicate that natural pyrethrins has potentially exert adverse effects on human health by inducing caspase-dependent apoptosis in hepatocytes through Bax- and Bcl-2-mediated mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Zhou W, Song F, Wu Q, Liu R, Wang L, Liu C, et al. miR-217 inhibits triple-negative breast cancer cell growth, migration, and invasion through targeting KLF5. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176395 pubmed publisher..MiR-217 suppresses TNBC, at least partially, through down-regulating the KLF5 expression. These results suggest that the miR-217-KLF5 axis might serve as a potential target for treatment of TNBC. ..
- Chen G, Li H, Chen Y, Gu X, Duan S. Decreased estradiol release from astrocytes contributes to the neurodegeneration in a mouse model of Niemann-Pick disease type C. Glia. 2007;55:1509-18 pubmed..Our findings suggest that astrocyte dysfunction contributes to the neurodegeneration of NPC and estradiol treatment may be useful in ameliorating progression of the disease. ..
- Ji L, Liu T, Wang Z. Pyrrolizidine alkaloid clivorine induced oxidative injury on primary cultured rat hepatocytes. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2010;29:303-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated that clivorine induced toxicity on primary cultured rat hepatocytes by causing the damage on cellular redox balance. ..
- Peng Y, Li J, Geng M. The glycan profile of endothelial cells in the present of tumor-conditioned medium and potential roles of beta-1,6-GlcNAc branching on HUVEC conformation. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;340:143-52 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results strongly suggested that the carbohydrate composition of endothelial cell surface is very important for the cells to exert their physiological effects correlated with cancer extravasation. ..
- Peng L, Liang D, Tong W, Li J, Yuan Z. Hepatitis C virus NS5A activates the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway, contributing to cell survival by disrupting the interaction between FK506-binding protein 38 (FKBP38) and mTOR. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20870-81 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that HCV NS5A activates the mTOR pathway to inhibit apoptosis through impairing the interaction between mTOR and FKBP38, which may represent a pivotal mechanism for HCV persistence and pathogenesis. ..
- Xiong L, Yang T, Yang Y, Xu C, Li F. Long-term in vivo biodistribution imaging and toxicity of polyacrylic acid-coated upconversion nanophosphors. Biomaterials. 2010;31:7078-85 pubmed publisher..The study suggests that PAA-UNCPs can potentially be used for long-term targeted imaging and therapy studies in vivo...
- Ou Yang M, Liu H, Zhang Y, Zhu X, Yang Q. ERM stable knockdown by siRNA reduced in vitro migration and invasion of human SGC-7901 cells. Biochimie. 2011;93:954-61 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that these three ERM proteins play similar roles in the SGC-7901 cell metastatic potential and their roles of upregulating the expression of E-cadherin may be important in tumor progression. ..
- Zhang Z, Ren J, Li Z, Nong L, Wu G. Fasudil inhibits lung carcinoma-conditioned endothelial cell viability and migration. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1561-6 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that fasudil is an anti-angiogenic agent with potential application for the treatment of cancer, especially lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Chen J, Li S, Shen Q. Folic acid and cell-penetrating peptide conjugated PLGA-PEG bifunctional nanoparticles for vincristine sulfate delivery. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012;47:430-43 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the results demonstrated that BF-NPs developed in this study could be a potential vehicle for delivering chemotherapeutic agents such as VCR and breast cancer therapy. ..
- Zhu W, Yu D, Zhao M, Lin M, Lu Q, Wang Q, et al. Antiangiogenic triterpenes isolated from Chinese herbal medicine Actinidia chinensis Planch. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2013;13:195-8 pubmed..is partly via inhibiting tumor angiogenesis by triterpenes, and compounds 2, 3, 4, and 8 as the novel potential antiangiogenic agents are worthy of further translational research. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang H, Zhang J, Lv J, Huang Y. Positive feedback loop and synergistic effects between hypoxia-inducible factor-2? and stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 promote tumorigenesis in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:416-22 pubmed publisher..Both SCD1 and HIF-2? are critical to promoting tumorigenesis by synergistically acting on maintaining cell survival, triggering cell migration, and enhancing the colony formation ability of cancer cells. ..
- Lu W, Qu J, Li B, Lu C, Yan Q, Wu X, et al. Overexpression of p21-activated kinase 1 promotes endometrial cancer progression. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:1547-55 pubmed publisher..In addition, ectopic Pak1 overexpression protected EC cells from apoptosis, along with decreased caspase-3 activation. These results suggest that Pak1 plays important roles at multiple stages of EC progression. ..
- Zhang X, Xiao Y, Zhang Y, Ye W. Protective effect of pioglitazone on retinal ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:3912-21 pubmed publisher..Pioglitazone could inhibit activation of the glia cells, prevent cell apoptosis, and protect the retina from subsequent cellular damage caused by the retinal I/R. The possible mechanism might involve the NF-?B pathway. ..
- Li Q, Shen K, Zhao Y, He X, Ma C, Wang L, et al. MicroRNA-222 promotes tumorigenesis via targeting DKK2 and activating the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1742-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings reveal a new regulatory mechanism of miR-222 and suggest that miR-222 might be a potential target in glioma therapy...
- Wu C, Zhou Y, Chang J, Xiao Y. Delivery of dimethyloxallyl glycine in mesoporous bioactive glass scaffolds to improve angiogenesis and osteogenesis of human bone marrow stromal cells. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:9159-68 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the controllable delivery of DMOG in MBG scaffolds can mimic a hypoxic microenvironment, which not only improves the angiogenic capacity of hBMSC, but also enhances their osteogenic differentiation. ..
- Zhu L, Du H, Shi M, Chen Z, Hang J. ATG7 deficiency promote apoptotic death induced by Cisplatin in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cells. Bull Cancer. 2013;100:15-21 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, the resistance could be recovered by autophagy inhibition. This also points to potential therapy for ESCC by perturbing autophagy. ..
- Zhang X, Mu X, Huang O, Xie Z, Jiang M, Geng M, et al. Luminal breast cancer cell lines overexpressing ZNF703 are resistant to tamoxifen through activation of Akt/mTOR signaling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72053 pubmed publisher..Tamoxifen should be administered with caution to those patients bearing tumors with ZNF703 overexpression. However, large clinical trials and prospective clinical studies are needed to verify these results. ..