Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on bacterial proteins in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: bacterial proteins
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Tang S, Sun J, Xiong W, Cong P, Li T. Identification of the subcellular localization of mycobacterial proteins using localization motifs. Biochimie. 2012;94:847-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, our method may have widespread applications both in the study of the functions of mycobacterial proteins and in the search for a potential vaccine target for designing drugs. ..
- Song L, Pan Y, Chen S, Zhang X. Structural characteristics of genomic islands associated with GMP synthases as integration hotspot among sequenced microbial genomes. Comput Biol Chem. 2012;36:62-70 pubmed publisher..The large-scale investigation of the content of GMP synthase gene hotspots may be useful to find important functional islands within members of many key bacterial species and to transfer useful islands into more suitable hosts. ..
- Zhang C, Kim S. Application of marine microbial enzymes in the food and pharmaceutical industries. Adv Food Nutr Res. 2012;65:423-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, marine microbial enzymes can offer novel biocatalysts with extraordinary properties. This review deals with the research and development work done on the occurrence and bioprocessing of marine microbial enzymes. ..
- Lu Z, Hou J, Wang Y, Liu J. Involvement of Ser94 in RNase HIII from Chlamydophila pneumoniae in the recognition of a single ribonucleotide misincorporated into double-stranded DNA. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1824:859-65 pubmed publisher..Consequently, recognition of the misincorporated ribonucleotide was disturbed. Our results may help elucidate the distinct substrate-recognition properties of different RNase Hs. ..
- Tian M, Qu J, Bao Y, Gao J, Liu J, Wang S, et al. Construction of pTM series plasmids for gene expression in Brucella species. J Microbiol Methods. 2016;123:18-23 pubmed publisher..The constructed pTM series plasmids will play an important role in the functional investigation of Brucella spp. ..
- Li Z, You Z, Chen X, Li L, Huang D, Yan G, et al. Accurate prediction of protein-protein interactions by integrating potential evolutionary information embedded in PSSM profile and discriminative vector machine classifier. Oncotarget. 2017;8:23638-23649 pubmed publisher..The experimental results obtained indicate that our method is highly effective for PPIs prediction and can be taken as a supplementary tool for future proteomics research. ..
- Zou X, Lin J, Mao X, Zhao S, Ren Y. Biosynthesis of L-Erythrose by Assembly of Two Key Enzymes in Gluconobacter oxydans. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:7721-7725 pubmed publisher..oxydans, which was 1.4-fold higher than that obtained using coexpression of SDH and L-RI in G. oxydans. This self-assembly strategy shows remarkable potential for further improvement of L-erythrose production. ..
- Zhu F, Yang Z, Zhang Y, Hu K, Fang W. Transcriptome differences between enrofloxacin-resistant and enrofloxacin-susceptible strains of Aeromonas hydrophila. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179549 pubmed publisher..hydrophila. Enrofloxacin resistance in A. hydrophila is closely related to the reduction of intracellular drug accumulation caused by ABC transporters and increased expression of topoisomerase IV...
- Tian Y, Wang Q, Liu Q, Ma Y, Cao X, Guan L, et al. Involvement of LuxS in the regulation of motility and flagella biogenesis in Vibrio alginolyticus. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1063-71 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that LuxS plays an important role in the regulation of motility and flagella biogenesis in V. alginolyticus...
- Liao Y, Chen S, Wang D, Zhang W, Wang S, Ding J, et al. Structure of formaldehyde dehydrogenase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa: the binary complex with the cofactor NAD+. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2013;69:967-72 pubmed publisher..97%) between these two proteins. Preliminary enzymatic kinetics studies of P. aeruginosa FDH also revealed a conserved glutathione-independent `ping-pong' mechanism of formaldehyde oxidization. ..
- Lu C, Zhang X, Jiang M, Bai L. Enhanced salinomycin production by adjusting the supply of polyketide extender units in Streptomyces albus. Metab Eng. 2016;35:129-137 pubmed publisher..Combination of cluster deletions and over-expression of ccr gene led to an overall titer improvement of salinomycin from 0.60 to 6.60g/L. This engineering strategy can be implemented for various natural polyketides production. ..
- Zhang Y, Geng Y, Bi B, He J, Wu C, Guo X, et al. Identification and classification of all potential hemolysin encoding genes and their products from Leptospira interrogans serogroup Icterohae-morrhagiae serovar Lai. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2005;26:453-61 pubmed..To identify and classify all potential hemolysin candidates of Leptospira interrogans serogroup Icterohaemorrhagiae serovar Lai...
- Ma J, Zhao M, Wang E. Split leucine-specific domain of leucyl-tRNA synthetase from the hyperthermophilic bacterium Aquifex aeolicus. Biochemistry. 2006;45:14809-16 pubmed..Additionally, the domain was found to have little impact on the assembly of the heterodimer, to play a role in the thermal stability of the whole enzyme, and to interact with the cognate tRNA in the predicted manner. ..
- Wang Q, Liu Q, Ma Y, Rui H, Zhang Y. LuxO controls extracellular protease, haemolytic activities and siderophore production in fish pathogen Vibrio alginolyticus. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;103:1525-34 pubmed..Revelations that secretion of these products is under the regulation of LuxO and sigma(54) as well as the potential quorum sensing systems in V. alginolyticus MVP01 will expedite the understanding of vibriosis pathogenesis. ..
- Hu F, Xu X, Zhu D, Wang M. Coexistence of qnrB4 and qnrS1 in a clinical strain of Klebsiella pneumoniae. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2008;29:320-4 pubmed publisher..qnrB and qnrS can be harbored simultaneously by a single clinical strain of K pneumoniae. These 2 genes are carried by 2 different plasmids and have different genetic environments in plasmid DNA structure...
- Tian Y, Wang Q, Liu Q, Ma Y, Cao X, Zhang Y. Role of RpoS in stress survival, synthesis of extracellular autoinducer 2, and virulence in Vibrio alginolyticus. Arch Microbiol. 2008;190:585-94 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the global regulator RpoS was part of the regulatory networks of virulence and LuxS quorum sensing system...
- Gao H, Li K, Yu S, Xiong S. A novel DNA vaccine containing multiple TB-specific epitopes cast in a natural structure elicits enhanced Th1 immunity compared with BCG. Microbiol Immunol. 2009;53:541-9 pubmed publisher..DNA vaccine with ECANS can successfully induce enhanced specific cellular immune response to PPD, and further study of its protective effects against Mycobacterium tuberculosis in vivo is needed. ..
- Hu Y, Hoffner S, Jiang W, Wang W, Xu B. Genetic characterisation of drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis in rural China: a population-based study. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2010;14:210-6 pubmed..Our data indicated that DNA sequencing of specific codons of the rpoB gene should be effective for predicting RMP resistance and MDR-TB in rural China. ..
- Li X, Liu T, Wu Y, Zhao G, Zhou Z. Derepressive effect of NH4+ on hydrogen production by deleting the glnA1 gene in Rhodobacter sphaeroides. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2010;106:564-72 pubmed publisher..Knocking out glnA1 therefore provides an efficient approach to removing the inhibitory effects of ammonium ions in R. sphaeroides and possibly in other hydrogen-producing PNS bacteria...
- Wu J, Ma H, Qu Q, Zhou W, Luo Y, Thangaraj H, et al. Incorporation of immunostimulatory motifs in the transcribed region of a plasmid DNA vaccine enhances Th1 immune responses and therapeutic effect against Mycobacterium tuberculosis in mice. Vaccine. 2011;29:7624-30 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DNA vaccines may be made more highly immunogenic and more effective for treatment by including transcribed stimulatory sequences. ..
- Zhang J, Qian L, Wu Y, Cai X, Li X, Cheng X, et al. Deletion of pic results in decreased virulence for a clinical isolate of Shigella flexneri 2a from China. BMC Microbiol. 2013;13:31 pubmed publisher..The pic gene appears to be involved in an increase in pathogenicity of S. flexneri 2a. This gene assists with bacterial invasion into host cells and alters inflammatory reactions. ..
- Yan W, Tan M, Eriani G, Wang E. Leucine-specific domain modulates the aminoacylation and proofreading functional cycle of bacterial leucyl-tRNA synthetase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:4988-98 pubmed publisher..The present work provides a novel framework of co-evolution between LeuRS and its cognate tRNA through LSD. ..
- Tu J, Lu F, Miao S, Ni X, Jiang P, Yu H, et al. The siderophore-interacting protein is involved in iron acquisition and virulence of Riemerella anatipestifer strain CH3. Vet Microbiol. 2014;168:395-402 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrated that R. anatipestifer SIP was involved in iron acquisition and necessary for its optimal virulence. ..
- Xu M, Wang J, Bu X, Yu H, Li P, Ou H, et al. Deciphering the streamlined genome of Streptomyces xiamenensis 318 as the producer of the anti-fibrotic drug candidate xiamenmycin. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18977 pubmed publisher..xiamenensis 318 could be used as a blueprint for constructing a chassis cell with versatile biosynthetic capabilities for the production of secondary metabolites. ..
- Xu C, Li Z, Du Y, Gong Y, Yang H, Sun B, et al. Construction of recombinant attenuated Salmonella typhimurium DNA vaccine expressing H pylori ureB and IL-2. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:939-44 pubmed..It can protect mice against H pylori infection, which may help the development of a human-use H pylori DNA vaccine. ..
- Xue L, Cao M, Luan J, Ren H, Pan X, Cao J, et al. Mammalian cell entry protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis induces the proinflammatory response in RAW 264.7 murine macrophage-like cells. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2007;87:185-92 pubmed..The level of Caspase-3 closely related with apoptosis was also determined, whereas no changes were observed. These results indicate that Mtb Mce1A protein induces a proinflammatory response in macrophages. ..
- Ye J, Ma Y, Liu Q, Zhao D, Wang Q, Zhang Y. Regulation of Vibrio alginolyticus virulence by the LuxS quorum-sensing system. J Fish Dis. 2008;31:161-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the LuxS QS system plays an important role in regulating the expression of virulence factors in V. alginolyticus...
- Wan C, Zhang P, Lee D, Yang X, Liu X, Sun S, et al. Disintegration of aerobic granules: role of second messenger cyclic di-GMP. Bioresour Technol. 2013;146:330-335 pubmed publisher..Stimulation of synthesis of intracellular c-di-GMP presents a potential way to enhance long-term stability of aerobic granules. ..
- Wang X, Yue J, Ding C, Wang S, Liu B, Tian M, et al. Deletion of AS87_03730 gene changed the bacterial virulence and gene expression of Riemerella anatipestifer. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22438 pubmed publisher..anatipestifer strains, as the percent sequence identity was over 93.5%. This study presents evidence that AS87_03730 gene is involved in bacterial virulence and gene regulation of R. anatipestifer. ..
- Xu S, Sun B, Wang R, He J, Xia B, Xue Y, et al. Overexpression of a bacterial mercury transporter MerT in Arabidopsis enhances mercury tolerance. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:528-534 pubmed publisher..The present study has provided further evidence that bacterial MerT plays an important role in the plant tolerance to HgCl2 and in reducing the production of ROS induced by HgCl2. ..
- Zhou X, Xing X, Hou J, Liu J. Quantitative proteomics analysis of proteins involved in alkane uptake comparing the profiling of Pseudomonas aeruginosa SJTD-1 in response to n-octadecane and n-hexadecane. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179842 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa SJTD-1. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang S, Hao F, Lai X, Yu H, Huang Y, et al. Expression, purification and properties of shikimate dehydrogenase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;38:624-31 pubmed..tuberculosis has a pretty activity, and the work should help in the discovery of enzyme inhibitors and further of possible antimicrobial agents against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. ..
- Wang M, Guo Q, Xu X, Wang X, Ye X, Wu S, et al. New plasmid-mediated quinolone resistance gene, qnrC, found in a clinical isolate of Proteus mirabilis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:1892-7 pubmed publisher..qnrC could not be detected by PCR, however, in 2,020 strains of Enterobacteriaceae. A new quinolone resistance gene, qnrC, was thus characterized from plasmid pHS10 carried by a clinical isolate of P. mirabilis...
- Gai Z, Wang X, Liu X, Tai C, Tang H, He X, et al. The genes coding for the conversion of carbazole to catechol are flanked by IS6100 elements in Sphingomonas sp. strain XLDN2-5. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10018 pubmed publisher..Usually, this process is mediated by mobile genetic elements such as plasmids, transposons, and insertion sequences...
- Xie B, Gu J, Lu J. Surface properties of bacteria from activated sludge in relation to bioflocculation. J Environ Sci (China). 2010;22:1840-5 pubmed..This reveals that the presence of protein in extracellular biopolymer plays an important role to the bioflocculation of cells...
- Wong K. The Role of ESX-1 in Mycobacterium tuberculosis Pathogenesis. Microbiol Spectr. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..Inhibitors that block the ESX-1 system or block host factors critical for ESX-1 toxicity have been identified and should represent attractive potential new antituberculosis drugs. ..
- Yu X, Wen Z, Chen G, Li R, Ding B, Yao Y, et al. Molecular characterization of multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolated from south-central in China. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2014;67:291-7 pubmed publisher..An understanding of the mutations in these drug-resistant strains may aid in choosing the appropriate chemotherapy regimens on the pharmacogenetic properties of the mutations for the prevention and control of tuberculosis. ..
- Yuan C, Yang X, Yang Z, Zhu N, Zheng S, Hou P, et al. Proteomic study of Mycoplasma suis using the gel-based shotgun strategy. Vet Microbiol. 2010;142:303-8 pubmed publisher..The present study is the first report addressing the proteome of M. suis. Results indicate that the energy source of M. suis might depend mainly on glycometabolism...
- Huang H, Weintraub A, Fang H, Wu S, Zhang Y, Nord C. Antimicrobial susceptibility and heteroresistance in Chinese Clostridium difficile strains. Anaerobe. 2010;16:633-5 pubmed publisher..1%; gyrA mutation, 63.2%; gyrB mutation, 4.4%; gyrA and gyrB mutation, 32.4%; rpoB mutation, 100%, respectively. The resistance related fusA mutation was only found in one isolate with minimum inhibitory concentration of 4 mg/L. ..
- Zhang Y, Luo F, Cai Y, Liu N, Wang L, Xu D, et al. TLR1/TLR2 agonist induces tumor regression by reciprocal modulation of effector and regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2011;186:1963-9 pubmed publisher..This property may play an important role in the development of novel antitumor strategies. ..
- Wu Q, Liu Q, Han L, Sun J, Ni Y. Plasmid-mediated carbapenem-hydrolyzing enzyme KPC-2 and ArmA 16S rRNA methylase conferring high-level aminoglycoside resistance in carbapenem-resistant Enterobacter cloacae in China. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2010;66:326-8 pubmed publisher..bla(KPC-2) was located on a large nonconjugative plasmid, whereas armA was located on another conjugative plasmid. Although carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae remains rare, the emergence of this group of organism merits monitoring. ..
- Yu Z, Zhu H, Dang F, Zhang W, Qin Z, Yang S, et al. Differential regulation of antibiotic biosynthesis by DraR-K, a novel two-component system in Streptomyces coelicolor. Mol Microbiol. 2012;85:535-56 pubmed publisher..This study further reveals the complexity of TCS in regulation of antibiotic biosynthesis in Streptomyces. ..
- Wang R, Mast Y, Wang J, Zhang W, Zhao G, Wohlleben W, et al. Identification of two-component system AfsQ1/Q2 regulon and its cross-regulation with GlnR in Streptomyces coelicolor. Mol Microbiol. 2013;87:30-48 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that AfsQ1/Q2 is important not only for antibiotic biosynthesis but also in maintaining the metabolic homeostasis of nutrient utilization under the stress of high concentration of glutamate in S.?coelicolor...
- Cen X, Wang J, Zhao G, Wang Y, Wang J. Molecular evidence for the coordination of nitrogen and carbon metabolisms, revealed by a study on the transcriptional regulation of the agl3EFG operon that encodes a putative carbohydrate transporter in Streptomyces coelicolor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;471:510-4 pubmed publisher..It is believed that activation of the expression of agl3 operon may facilitate the absorption of extracellular carbohydrates to balance the ratio of intracellular carbon to nitrogen. ..
- Yang E, Gu J, Wang F, Wang H, Shen H, Chen Z. Recombinant BCG prime and PPE protein boost provides potent protection against acute Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in mice. Microb Pathog. 2016;93:1-7 pubmed publisher..These results implicated that rBCG prime-Rv3425 boost is a potent and promising strategy to prevent acute Mtb infection. ..
- Xu M, Zhu Y, Zhang R, Shen M, Jiang W, Zhao G, et al. Characterization of the genetic components of Streptomyces lividans linear plasmid SLP2 for replication in circular and linear modes. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:6851-7 pubmed..lividans chromosome, respectively, but the SLP2 proteins failed to interact. These results suggest that SLP2 recruits chromosomally encoded replication proteins for its telomere replication...
- Ou X, Zhang B, Zhang L, Zhao G, Ding X. Characterization of rrdA, a TetR family protein gene involved in the regulation of secondary metabolism in Streptomyces coelicolor. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:2158-65 pubmed publisher..The effects on Act biosynthesis might arise from competition for precursors that are common to both pathways. ..
- Wang L, Zuo M, Chen H, Liu S, Wu X, Cui Z, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis Lipoprotein MPT83 Induces Apoptosis of Infected Macrophages by Activating the TLR2/p38/COX-2 Signaling Pathway. J Immunol. 2017;198:4772-4780 pubmed publisher..v. infected with MS_MPT83 compared with MS_Vec. Taken together, our results established a proapoptotic effect of MPT83 and identified the TLR2/p38/COX-2 axis in MPT83-induced macrophage apoptosis. ..
- Xiao J, Wang Q, Liu Q, Xu L, Wang X, Wu H, et al. Characterization of Edwardsiella tarda rpoS: effect on serum resistance, chondroitinase activity, biofilm formation, and autoinducer synthetases expression. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;83:151-60 pubmed publisher..tarda to internalize in EPC cells, indicating that RpoS was, while not the main, the factor required for the virulence network of E. tarda...
- Wu Y, Kang Q, Shen Y, Su W, Bai L. Cloning and functional analysis of the naphthomycin biosynthetic gene cluster in Streptomyces sp. CS. Mol Biosyst. 2011;7:2459-69 pubmed publisher..The information presented here expands our understanding of the biosynthesis of naphthalenic ansamycins, and may pave the way for engineering ansamacrolactams with improved pharmaceutical properties. ..
- Sheng L, Lv Y, Liu Q, Wang Q, Zhang Y. Connecting type VI secretion, quorum sensing, and c-di-GMP production in fish pathogen Vibrio alginolyticus through phosphatase PppA. Vet Microbiol. 2013;162:652-62 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated new roles of PppA in controlling virulence factors and pleiotropic phenotypes and contributed to our understanding of the regulation of pathogenesis in V. alginolyticus. ..
- Xin B, Tao F, Wang Y, Liu H, Ma C, Xu P. Coordination of metabolic pathways: Enhanced carbon conservation in 1,3-propanediol production by coupling with optically pure lactate biosynthesis. Metab Eng. 2017;41:102-114 pubmed publisher..The engineered strains PDL-5 and PLL co-produced over 70g/L 1,3-propanediol and over 100g/L optically pure d-lactate and l-lactate, respectively, with high conversion yields of over 0.95mol/mol from glycerol. ..
- Hu Q, Zhu Y, Tu J, Yin Y, Wang X, Han X, et al. Identification of the genes involved in Riemerella anatipestifer biofilm formation by random transposon mutagenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39805 pubmed publisher..This study will help us to understand the molecular mechanisms of biofilm development by R. anatipestifer and to study the pathogenesis of R. anatipestifer further. ..
- Tang X, Han F, Zhao K, Xu Y, Wu X, Wang J, et al. A 90-day dietary toxicity study of genetically modified rice T1C-1 expressing Cry1C protein in Sprague Dawley rats. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52507 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to use a known animal model to determine the safety of the genetically modified (GM) rice T1C-1. The results showed no adverse or toxic effects due to T1C-1 rice when tested in this 90-day study. ..
- Ding Y, Yu Y, Pan H, Guo H, Li Y, Liu W. Moving posttranslational modifications forward to biosynthesize the glycosylated thiopeptide nocathiacin I in Nocardia sp. ATCC202099. Mol Biosyst. 2010;6:1180-5 pubmed publisher..This may permit the production of NOC-I in the genetically amenable, NOS-producing strain by building NOC-specific genes for pathway engineering. ..
- Li D, Wang X, Wang L, Zhou D. The actin-polymerizing activity of SipA is not essential for Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium-induced mucosal inflammation. Infect Immun. 2013;81:1541-9 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the SipA actin-polymerizing activity is not essential for the SipA-induced inflammatory response in the mouse model of infection. ..
- Zheng T, Jiang P, Cao B, Cheng Q, Kong L, Zheng X, et al. DndEi Exhibits Helicase Activity Essential for DNA Phosphorothioate Modification and ATPase Activity Strongly Stimulated by DNA Substrate with a GAAC/GTTC Motif. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1492-500 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that PT modification is a biochemical process with DNA strand separation and intense ATP hydrolysis. ..
- You D, Wang L, Yao F, Zhou X, Deng Z. A novel DNA modification by sulfur: DndA is a NifS-like cysteine desulfurase capable of assembling DndC as an iron-sulfur cluster protein in Streptomyces lividans. Biochemistry. 2007;46:6126-33 pubmed..The likely involvement of an interaction between DndA and DndC in the biochemical pathway for the unusual site-specific DNA modification in S. lividans 66 is discussed. ..
- Liu Q, Wang P, Ma Y, Zhang Y. Characterization of the Vibrio alginolyticusfur gene and localization of essential amino acid sites in fur by site-directed mutagenesis. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2007;13:15-21 pubmed..Our studies allowed the localization of some essential amino acid sites which may play important structural or functional roles in V. alginolyticus Fur activity. ..
- Zhao L, Long X, Yao J, Wang C, Ma Y, Huang Y, et al. Genetic polymorphism of XRCC3 codon 241 and Helicobacter pylori infection-related gastric antrum adenocarcinoma in Guangxi Population, China: a hospital-based case-control study. Cancer Epidemiol. 2011;35:564-8 pubmed publisher..31 (8.34-15.33) and 27.48 (15.17-49.78), respectively. These results suggest that XRCC3 Thr241Met polymorphism may be associated with the risk of GAA related to CagA. ..
- Dai M, Zhu Y, Yang Y, Wang E, Xie Y, Zhao G, et al. Expression of penicillin G acylase from the cloned pac gene of Escherichia coli ATCC11105. Effects of pacR and temperature. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:1298-303 pubmed..Our investigations confirmed the hypothesis of pacR-mediated PAA induction for PGA expression and clarified the inhibitory effect of high temperature upon the post-translational processing of the PGA precursor polypeptide. ..
- Wang W, Zeng Y, Osman K, Shinde K, Rahman M, Gibbons S, et al. Norlignans, acylphloroglucinols, and a dimeric xanthone from Hypericum chinense. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1815-20 pubmed publisher..4 ?M) and 4 ?g/mL (16.8 ?M), respectively. The positive control antibiotic norfloxacin showed activity at MIC 32 ?g/mL (100 ?M)...
- Zhang Q, Wu J, Qian J, Chu J, Zhuang Y, Zhang S, et al. Knocking out of tailoring genes eryK and eryG in an industrial erythromycin-producing strain of Saccharopolyspora erythraea leading to overproduction of erythromycin B, C and D at different conversion ratios. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2011;52:129-37 pubmed publisher..To overproduce erythromycin C, B or D and evaluate the effect of disruption of tailoring genes eryK and eryG in an industrial erythromycin producer...
- Wang Z, Hu Z, Wang Z. [Regulation of Vitreoscilla hemoglobin on biosynthesis of astragaloside IV]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2011;46:355-60 pubmed..These results suggested that the expression of vgb promoted the growth of transgenic hairy roots, and increased the content of astragaloside IV...
- Wu Y, Wang J, Xu T, Liu J, Yu W, Lou Q, et al. The two-component signal transduction system ArlRS regulates Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilm formation in an ica-dependent manner. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40041 pubmed publisher..Gel shift assay showed that ArlR can bind to the promoter region of the ica operon. In conclusion, ArlRS regulates S. epidermidis biofilm formation in an ica-dependent manner, distinct from its role in S. aureus...
- Qi M, Luo L, Cheng H, Zhu J, Yu G. Characteristics of the LrhA subfamily of transcriptional regulators from Sinorhizobium meliloti. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2008;40:166-73 pubmed..These findings could provide new clues to the roles of the LysR gene family. ..
- Shen H, Chou K. Gpos-mPLoc: a top-down approach to improve the quality of predicting subcellular localization of Gram-positive bacterial proteins. Protein Pept Lett. 2009;16:1478-84 pubmed..2%, which was about 10% higher than the corresponding rate by the Gpos-PLoc. As a user friendly web-server, Gpos-mPLoc is freely accessible at http://www.csbio.sjtu.edu.cn/bioinf/Gpos-multi/. ..
- Zhu C, Tan H, Cheng T, Shen H, Shao J, Guo Y, et al. Human ?-defensin 3 inhibits antibiotic-resistant Staphylococcus biofilm formation. J Surg Res. 2013;183:204-13 pubmed publisher..HBD-3 has the potential to eliminate the biofilm formation of Staphylococcus, especially antibiotic-resistant strains, effectively. ..
- Lei X, Kong L, Zhang C, You D, Deng Z. [Function of transporter genes fscTI and fscTII in the biosynthetic cluster of candicidin/FR-008]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2012;52:1458-66 pubmed..OBJECTIVE To investigate function of transporter genes fscTI and fscTII in the biosynthetic gene cluster of candicidin/FR-008...
- Xu Z, Wang M, Ye B. TetR Family Transcriptional Regulator PccD Negatively Controls Propionyl Coenzyme A Assimilation in Saccharopolyspora erythraea. J Bacteriol. 2017;199: pubmed publisher..This finding provides novel insight into propionyl-CoA assimilation, and extends our understanding of the regulatory mechanisms underlying the biosynthesis of erythromycin. ..
- Suo B, He Y, Tu S, Shi X. A multiplex real-time polymerase chain reaction for simultaneous detection of Salmonella spp., Escherichia coli O157, and Listeria monocytogenes in meat products. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2010;7:619-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the multiplex real-time PCR assay combined with multipathogen enrichment is a rapid and reliable method for effectively screening single or multiple pathogen occurrences in various meat products. ..
- Wang Q, Zhang Y, Yang C, Xiong H, Lin Y, Yao J, et al. Acetylation of metabolic enzymes coordinates carbon source utilization and metabolic flux. Science. 2010;327:1004-7 pubmed publisher..It represents a metabolic regulatory mechanism conserved from bacteria to mammals. ..
- Wu J, Li M, Lin J, Wei D. Highly selective oxidation of benzyl alcohol using engineered Gluconobacter oxydans in biphasic system. Curr Microbiol. 2011;62:1123-7 pubmed publisher..By these methods, nearly 100% selectivity and conversion rate could be obtained within 1 h at the optimum initial benzyl alcohol concentration of 5.0 g/l...
- Hu K, Zhao M, Zhang T, Zha M, Zhong C, Jiang Y, et al. Structures of trans-2-enoyl-CoA reductases from Clostridium acetobutylicum and Treponema denticola: insights into the substrate specificity and the catalytic mechanism. Biochem J. 2013;449:79-89 pubmed publisher..A modelling study shows that the hydrophobic channel is optimal in both width and length for the binding of crotonyl-CoA. These results provide molecular bases for the high substrate specificity and the catalytic mechanism of TERs. ..
- Tu M, Lin L, Cheng Y, He X, Sun H, Xie H, et al. A 'new lease of life': FnCpf1 possesses DNA cleavage activity for genome editing in human cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:11295-11304 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies FnCpf1 as a new member of the Cpf1 family for human genome editing with distinctive characteristics, which shows promise as a genome editing tool with the potential for both research and therapeutic applications. ..
- Zhang L, Li Y, Wang Z, Xia Y, Chen W, Tang K. Recent developments and future prospects of Vitreoscilla hemoglobin application in metabolic engineering. Biotechnol Adv. 2007;25:123-36 pubmed
- Qiu J, Deng Z, Bai L. [Research advances in actinomycete ATP-binding cassette transporters--a review]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2012;52:801-8 pubmed..Finally, research hotspots and application prospect of actinomycete ABC transporters were also addressed...
- Wang Y, Xie J, Han Z, Liu J, Liu X. Expression, purification and biochemical characterization of Methanocaldococcus jannaschii DNA ligase. Protein Expr Purif. 2013;87:79-86 pubmed publisher..jannaschii DNA ligase. Therefore, introducing an additional mismatch at the third position 5' to the SNP site is a more effective approach in genotyping by M. jannaschii DNA ligase...
- Liu X, Sun X, Wu Y, Xie C, Zhang W, Wang D, et al. Oxidation-sensing regulator AbfR regulates oxidative stress responses, bacterial aggregation, and biofilm formation in Staphylococcus epidermidis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:3739-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, oxidative stress likely acts as a signal to modulate S. epidermidis key virulence properties through AbfR...
- Xu K, Zhang M, Zhao Q, Yu F, Guo H, Wang C, et al. Crystal structure of a folate energy-coupling factor transporter from Lactobacillus brevis. Nature. 2013;497:268-71 pubmed publisher..Two conserved XRX motifs from the coupling helices of EcfT have a vital role in energy coupling by docking into EcfA-EcfA'. We propose a transport model that involves a substantial conformational change of FolT...
- Zhou F, Wang Y. Characteristics of antibiotic resistance of airborne Staphylococcus isolated from metro stations. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2013;10:2412-26 pubmed publisher..More attention should be paid to the inspection and control of antibiotic resistant strains in public transportation systems. ..