Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on apoptosis in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Publications496 found, 100 shown here
- Dong R, Liu X, Zhang B, Liu B, Zheng S, Dong K. Long non-coding RNA-CRNDE: a novel regulator of tumor growth and angiogenesis in hepatoblastoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:42087-42097 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study reveals a crucial role of CRNDE in the pathology of hepatoblastoma. CRNDE may serve as a promising diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for hepatoblastoma. ..
- Gao J, Li Z, Chen Z, Shao J, Zhang L, Xu G, et al. Antisense Smo under the control of the PTCH1 promoter delivered by an adenoviral vector inhibits the growth of human pancreatic cancer. Gene Ther. 2006;13:1587-94 pubmed..Our study suggests that targeting at the Hh signaling pathway may be an effective novel gene therapeutic strategy alone or in combination with other agents for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Fan Y, Shi L, Gu Y, Zhao Y, Xie J, Qiao J, et al. Pretreatment with PTD-calbindin D 28k alleviates rat brain injury induced by ischemia and reperfusion. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2007;27:719-28 pubmed
- Liu Y, Sheng Z, Liu H, Wen D, He Q, Wang S, et al. Juvenile hormone counteracts the bHLH-PAS transcription factors MET and GCE to prevent caspase-dependent programmed cell death in Drosophila. Development. 2009;136:2015-25 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we demonstrate that JH counteracts MET and GCE to prevent caspase-dependent PCD in controlling fat body remodeling and larval-pupal metamorphosis in Drosophila. ..
- Zhang J, Song W, Guo J, Zhang J, Sun Z, Ding F, et al. Toxic effect of different ZnO particles on mouse alveolar macrophages. J Hazard Mater. 2012;219-220:148-55 pubmed publisher..However, the toxic effect of dissolved zinc ions may exist a threshold on mouse macrophages, inducing about 50% cell death. The toxic difference of different ZnO particles mainly depended on the effect of nondissolved ZnO particles...
- Qian W, Sun D, Zhu R, Du X, Liu H, Wang S. pH-sensitive strontium carbonate nanoparticles as new anticancer vehicles for controlled etoposide release. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:5781-92 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that SCNs hold tremendous promise in the areas of controlled drug delivery and targeted cancer therapy...
- Meng D, Yang S, Wan X, Zhang Y, Huang W, Zhao P, et al. A transcriptional target of androgen receptor, miR-421 regulates proliferation and metabolism of prostate cancer cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;73:30-40 pubmed publisher..Significant differential expression and inverse correlation were found in PCa patients. ..
- Ota C, Ishizawa K, Yamada M, Tando Y, He M, Takahashi T, et al. Receptor for advanced glycation end products expressed on alveolar epithelial cells is the main target for hyperoxia-induced lung injury. Respir Investig. 2016;54:98-108 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that RAGE on AECs mainly contributed to hyperoxia-induced lung injury and alveolar-capillary barrier disruption. ..
- Jiao S, Wu M, Hu C, Zhang Z, Mei Y. Melatonin receptor agonist 2-iodomelatonin prevents apoptosis of cerebellar granule neurons via K(+) current inhibition. J Pineal Res. 2004;36:109-16 pubmed..The effect of 2-iodomelatonin against apoptosis may be mediated by activating a melatonin receptor, which modulates IK channels and reduces K(+) efflux. ..
- Yin H, Wang H, Zong H, Chen X, Wang Y, Yun X, et al. SGT, a Hsp90beta binding partner, is accumulated in the nucleus during cell apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:1153-8 pubmed..By confocal analysis we found that the nuclear import of SGT was significantly increased in STS-induced apoptotic HeLa cells, which implied that the sub-cellular localization of SGT was closely associated with Hsp90beta and apoptosis. ..
- Wang Y, Qian L, Dong Y, Jiang Q, Gui Y, Zhong T, et al. Myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2A is essential for zebrafish posterior somite development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:783-91 pubmed..Microarray studies reveal a number of genes that are differentially expressed in the MEF2A morphants. Our studies suggest that MEF2A is essential for zebrafish posterior somite development. ..
- Zheng W, Degterev A, Hsu E, Yuan J, Yuan C. Structure-activity relationship study of a novel necroptosis inhibitor, necrostatin-7. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2008;18:4932-5 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe a series of structural modifications and the structure-activity relationship (SAR) of the Nec-7 series for inhibiting necroptosis. ..
- Liu Y, Chen G, Ma C, Bower K, Xu M, Fan Z, et al. Overexpression of glycogen synthase kinase 3beta sensitizes neuronal cells to ethanol toxicity. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2793-802 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that GSK3beta may be a mediator of ethanol neurotoxicity, and its expression status in a cell may determine ethanol vulnerability. ..
- Huang Y, Jin H, Liu Y, Zhou J, Ding J, Cheng K, et al. FSH inhibits ovarian cancer cell apoptosis by up-regulating survivin and down-regulating PDCD6 and DR5. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2011;18:13-26 pubmed publisher..Greater understanding of the molecular mechanisms of FSH in ovarian epithelial carcinogenesis and development will ultimately help in the development of a novel targeted therapy for ovarian cancer. ..
- Ju L, Zhou C, Li W, Yan L. Integrin beta1 over-expression associates with resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitor gefitinib in non-small cell lung cancer. J Cell Biochem. 2010;111:1565-74 pubmed publisher..All these data suggest that up-regulation of integrin ?1 might be an important factor for gefitinib resistance in NSCLC cell line PC9/AB2. ..
- Xiao X, Hao M, Yang X, Ba Q, Li M, Ni S, et al. Licochalcone A inhibits growth of gastric cancer cells by arresting cell cycle progression and inducing apoptosis. Cancer Lett. 2011;302:69-75 pubmed publisher..In addition, LCA-induced apoptosis by its effects on the expression of PARP, caspase-3, Bcl-2 and Bax. These data provide evidence that LCA has the potential to be used in the treatment of gastric cancer. ..
- Zhu Z, Fan L, Wang Q. Simultaneous blockade of costimulatory signals CD28-CD80 and CD40-CD154 combined with monoclonal antibody against CD25 induced a stable chimerism and tolerance without graft-versus-host disease in rat. Eur Surg Res. 2011;46:109-17 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to explore a nontoxic strategy for the induction of mixed chimerism by pretreatment with anti-CD25 monoclonal antibody (mAb), cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 immunoglobulin (CTLA4Ig) and anti-CD154 mAb...
- Xiao C, Tao Z, Guo L, Li W, Wan J, Sun H, et al. Isomalto oligosaccharide sulfate inhibits tumor growth and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma in nude mice. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:150 pubmed publisher..IMOS is a potential anti-HCC candidate through inhibition of ERK and JNK signaling independent of p53 and worth studying further in patients with HCC, especially at advanced stages. ..
- Wei X, Wang Q, Gao S, Sui L. [Relationship between nitric oxide in cervical microenvironment and different HPV types and effect on cervical cancer cells]. Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2011;46:260-5 pubmed..The increasing release of NO may play a role in regulating the elimination of HPV in cervical microenvironment, which is a part of mucous membrane immunity. ..
- An L, Zhao X, Wu J, Jia J, Zou Y, Guo X, et al. Involvement of autophagy in cardiac remodeling in transgenic mice with cardiac specific over-expression of human programmed cell death 5. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30097 pubmed publisher..The low over-expressing line (3.5-fold) appeared normal, but was more susceptible to angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy. This study is the first providing evidence that PDCD5 plays an important role in cardiac remodeling. ..
- Song Z, Zhou W, Shu R, Ni J. Hypoxia induces apoptosis and autophagic cell death in human periodontal ligament cells through HIF-1? pathway. Cell Prolif. 2012;45:239-48 pubmed publisher..However, biochemical events important in periodontal tissues during hypoxia remain unclear. The aim of this study was to investigate effects of hypoxia on apoptosis and autophagy of human periodontal ligament cells (PDLCs) in vitro...
- Zhang T, Li J, Dong Y, Zhai D, Lai L, Dai F, et al. Cucurbitacin E inhibits breast tumor metastasis by suppressing cell migration and invasion. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;135:445-58 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data demonstrate that CuE blocks breast cancer metastasis by suppressing tumor cell migration and invasion. We provide first evidence of a novel role for CuE as a potential candidate for treating breast cancer metastasis. ..
- Li H, Peng W, Zhuang J, Lu Y, Jian W, Wei Y, et al. Vaspin attenuates high glucose-induced vascular smooth muscle cells proliferation and chemokinesis by inhibiting the MAPK, PI3K/Akt, and NF-?B signaling pathways. Atherosclerosis. 2013;228:61-8 pubmed publisher..Vaspin also significantly abolished HG-induced PCNA and cyclin D1 expression. Vaspin inhibits HG-induced VSMCs proliferation and chemokinesis by preventing ROS activation and MAPK, PI3K/Akt, and NF-?B signaling. ..
- Zhang Y, Tang Y, Man Y, Pan F, Li Z, Jia L. Knockdown of AXL receptor tyrosine kinase in osteosarcoma cells leads to decreased proliferation and increased apoptosis. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2013;26:179-88 pubmed
- Xu J, Zhou X, Wang J, Li Z, Kong X, Qian J, et al. RhoGAPs attenuate cell proliferation by direct interaction with p53 tetramerization domain. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1526-38 pubmed publisher..These findings explain why RhoGAPs are frequently deleted in cancers and suggest that the RhoGAP family sits at the crossroads between the cell-migration and proliferation pathways. ..
- Chen Y, Zhang X, Bai J, Gai L, Ye X, Zhang L, et al. Sorafenib ameliorates bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis: potential roles in the inhibition of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and fibroblast activation. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e665 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we presented in vivo evidence that sorafenib inhibited the symptoms of BLM-mediated EMT and fibroblast activation in mice, warranting the therapeutic potential of this drug for patients with IPF. ..
- Zhang Q, Fu H, Zhang H, Xu F, Zou Z, Liu M, et al. Hydrogen sulfide preconditioning protects rat liver against ischemia/reperfusion injury by activating Akt-GSK-3? signaling and inhibiting mitochondrial permeability transition. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74422 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study provides experimental evidence for the clinical use of H2S to reduce liver damage after perioperative I/R injury. ..
- Liu B, Che W, Zheng C, Liu W, Wen J, Fu H, et al. SIRT5: a safeguard against oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in cardiomyocytes. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;32:1050-9 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological interventions on SIRT5 expression may be useful in the treatment of oxidative stress-related cardiac injury. ..
- Wu X, Cao W, Wang X, Zhang J, Lv Z, Qin X, et al. TGM3, a candidate tumor suppressor gene, contributes to human head and neck cancer. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:151 pubmed publisher..The studies prove that TGM3, as a candidate tumor suppressor, contributes to the carcinogenesis and development of HNC and may serve as a useful biomarker for patients with HNC. ..
- Tang X, Shen Q, Chen J, Zha X, Xu H. Maternal protein restriction reduces perlecan at mid-metanephrogenesis in rats. Nephrology (Carlton). 2016;21:200-8 pubmed publisher..This data may provide new evidence to understand the mechanism of reduced nephron number due to maternal protein restriction and enlighten solution. ..
- Hu J, Cai G, Xu Y, Cai S. The Plasma microRNA miR-1914* and -1915 Suppresses Chemoresistant in Colorectal Cancer Patients by Down-regulating NFIX. Curr Mol Med. 2016;16:70-82 pubmed..Up-regulation of miR-1914* and -1915 decreased the chemoresistance abilities of chemoresistant CRC cells. The plasma miR-1914* and -1915 may play a role in colorectal cancer therapy and diagnosis. ..
- Dai L, Lin Z, Qiao J, Chen Y, Flemington E, Qin Z. Ribonucleotide reductase represents a novel therapeutic target in primary effusion lymphoma. Oncogene. 2017;36:5068-5074 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that RR and its signaling pathway may serve as novel actionable targets for PEL management. ..
- Sun D, Liu H, Dai X, Zheng X, Yan J, Wei R, et al. Aspirin disrupts the mTOR-Raptor complex and potentiates the anti-cancer activities of sorafenib via mTORC1 inhibition. Cancer Lett. 2017;406:105-115 pubmed publisher..Aspirin and sorafenib showed synergetic anticancer efficacy in the SMMC-7721 model. Our study provides mechanistic insights and a mechanism-based rationale for the roles of aspirin in cancer treatment. ..
- Wu Y, Sun B, Zhang X, Wang S, He H, Qiao M, et al. Growth inhibition and apoptosis induction of Sulindac on Human gastric cancer cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2001;7:796-800 pubmed..The growth inhibition and apoptosis of HCC cells were greater than that of human gastric cancer cells. The different effects of apoptosis in gastric cancer cells may be related to the differentiation of the cells. ..
- Cao W, Chi W, Wang J, Tang J, Lu Y. TNF-alpha promotes Doxorubicin-induced cell apoptosis and anti-cancer effect through downregulation of p21 in p53-deficient tumor cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:1034-40 pubmed
- Shi Y, Li M. Biological effects of toosendanin, a triterpenoid extracted from Chinese traditional medicine. Prog Neurobiol. 2007;82:1-10 pubmed..The TSN-induced [Ca(2+)](i) increase and overload could be responsible for the TSN-induced biphasic effect on transmitter release, cell differentiation, apoptosis as well as the cytoxicity of TSN. ..
- Dong W, Tu S, Xie J, Sun P, Wu Y, Wang L. Frequent promoter hypermethylation and transcriptional downregulation of BTG4 gene in gastric cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;387:132-8 pubmed publisher..BTG4 reexpression in gastric cancer causes growth inhibition of colony assays and nude mice. Taken together, our data support BTG4 as a candidate tumor suppressor gene that is epigenetically silenced in the majority of gastric cancers. ..
- Zhou H, Liu X, Liu L, Yang Z, Zhang S, Tang M, et al. Oxidative stress and apoptosis of human brain microvascular endothelial cells induced by free fatty acids. J Int Med Res. 2009;37:1897-903 pubmed..In conclusion, the results showed that high levels of FFAs induced oxidative stress, which damaged HBMVECs and resulted in apoptosis. ..
- Gao C, Zhang Z, Cai G, Liu W, Xiao S, Lu H. [Reduced expression of miR-218 and its significance in gastric cancer]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2010;32:249-52 pubmed..01) and cell invasion (P < 0.05) of AGS cells compared with that of the control. miR-218 expression is reduced in gastric cancer. miR-218 may function as a tumor suppressor in gastric carcinoma. ..
- Dong L, Shi H, Ji G, Wu D. [Effects of Coptis chinensis and Evodia rutaecarpa water extract on DMH-induced precancerous lesion of colon]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1185-8 pubmed..chinensis and E. rutaecarpa water extract maybe have an inhibitory and clinically therapeutic effect on colon cancer, which were partly resulted from inhibiting proliferation and promoting apoptosis of crypts in middle and distal colon. ..
- Shi M, Zheng M, Liu Z, Hu Z, Huang Y, Chen J, et al. DCC is specifically required for the survival of retinal ganglion and displaced amacrine cells in the developing mouse retina. Dev Biol. 2010;348:87-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest that DCC is a key regulator for the survival of specific types of neurons during retinal development and that DCC-P3 domain is essential for this developing event. ..
- Huang Z, Ouyang G, Xiao L, Li N, Gao H, He Y, et al. [Effects of Drynaria total flavonoids on apoptosis of osteoblasts mediated by tumor necrosis factor-?]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2011;9:173-8 pubmed
- Yang J, Jiang X, Dong J, Guo J, Chen H, Tsang L, et al. Abnormally enhanced cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator-mediated apoptosis in endometrial cells contributes to impaired embryo implantation in controlled ovarian hyperstimulation. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:2100-6, 2106.e1-2 pubmed publisher..The COH-induced supraphysiologic concentration of E2 aberrantly up-regulates CFTR, which leads to increased apoptosis in endometrial epithelial cells, resulting in impaired embryo implantation. ..
- Ai Z, Pan H, Suo T, Lv C, Wang Y, Tong S, et al. Arsenic oxide targets stem cell marker CD133/prominin-1 in gallbladder carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2011;310:181-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, As2O3 effectively targets CD133 in gallbladder carcinoma, providing a new mechanism of As2O3-induced cell apoptosis and a better understanding of drug resistance in gallbladder carcinoma. ..
- Xu N, Zhang X, Wang X, Ge H, Wang X, Garfield D, et al. FoxM1 mediated resistance to gefitinib in non-small-cell lung cancer cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012;33:675-81 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that FoxM1 plays an important role in the resistance of NSCLC cells to gefitinib in vitro. FoxM1 could be used as a therapeutic target to overcome the resistance to gefitinib. ..
- Xiao W, Bao Z, Zhang C, Zhang X, Shi L, Zhou Z, et al. Upregulation of miR-31* is negatively associated with recurrent/newly formed oral leukoplakia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38648 pubmed publisher..FGF3 is the target of miR-31*. miR-31* may play an important role during OLK progression through regulating FGF3. MiRNA* strands may also have prominent roles in oral carcinogenesis. ..
- Shao J, Li Y, Shen K, Lin B, Xu Y, Lu Y, et al. 7b, a novel amonafide analog, inhibited proliferation and phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate/phytohemagglutinin-induced inflammatory responses of Jurkat T cells via p73-dependent pathway and decrease of nuclear factor-κB DNA-binding, respectively. Leuk Lymphoma. 2013;54:359-71 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, 7b exhibits both antiproliferative and anti-inflammatory activities in T lymphoma cells. ..
- Lin J, Liu C, Gao F, Mitchel R, Zhao L, Yang Y, et al. miR-200c enhances radiosensitivity of human breast cancer cells. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:606-15 pubmed publisher..However, overexpression of TBK1 partially rescued miR-200c mediated apoptosis induced by ionizing radiation. In summary, miR-200c can be a potential target for enhancing the effect of radiation treatment on breast cancer cells. ..
- Jiang J, Qi Y, Zhang P, Gu W, Yan Z, Shen B, et al. Involvement of Rab28 in NF-?B nuclear transport in endothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56076 pubmed publisher..Co-IP of NF-?B p65 and Rab28 indicated their interaction. Our results revealed that Rab28, as a novel regulator of NF-?B nuclear transport, might participate in the disturbance of EC homeostasis. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhu Y, Lai Y, Wu X, Feng Z, Yu Y, et al. Follicle-stimulating hormone inhibits apoptosis in ovarian cancer cells by regulating the OCT4 stem cell signaling pathway. Int J Oncol. 2013;43:1194-204 pubmed publisher..In summary, the OCT4 cancer stem cell signaling pathway may mediate FSH-induced inhibition of apoptosis and could provide a target for treatment of ovarian cancer. ..
- Ying X, Zhang R, Wang H, Teng Y. Lentivirus-mediated RNAi knockdown of LMP2A inhibits the growth of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell line C666-1 in vitro. Gene. 2014;542:77-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that lentivirus-mediated RNAi knockdown of LMP2A inhibits the growth of NPC cell line C666-1 in vitro, and LMP2A may be a potential target for gene therapy in treatment of NPC. ..
- Zhao X, Zhang Y, Ni P, Wu Z, Yan Y, Li Y. Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 6 (Prmt6) Is Essential for Early Zebrafish Development through the Direct Suppression of gadd45αa Stress Sensor Gene. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:402-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that maternal Prmt6 is essential to early zebrafish development by directly repressing gadd45αa. ..
- Xu Y, Dong B, Huang J, Kong W, Xue W, Zhu Y, et al. Sphingosine kinase 1 is overexpressed and promotes adrenocortical carcinoma progression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3233-44 pubmed publisher..SphK1 expression is functionally associated to cellular proliferation, apoptosis, invasion and mitotane sensitivity of ACC. Our data suggest that SphK1 might be a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of ACC. ..
- Liu F, Lin Q, Liu Z. A study on the role of apoptotic human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells in bleomycin-induced acute lung injury in rat models. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20:969-82 pubmed..Apoptotic human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells may have more effective than normal human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells in the treatment of acute lung injury. ..
- Liu H, Zhu H, Li T, Zhang P, Wang N, Sun X. Prolyl-4-Hydroxylases Inhibitor Stabilizes HIF-1? and Increases Mitophagy to Reduce Cell Death After Experimental Retinal Detachment. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:1807-15 pubmed publisher..05). HIF-1? stabilization as a result of PHI treatment, along with the enhancement of mitophagy, could provide protection against photoreceptor injury following RD, which might be mediated by excessive ROS generation. ..
- Han Y, Xia L, Song L, Zheng Y, Chen W, Zhang L, et al. Comparative proteomic analysis of hypoxia-treated and untreated human leukemic U937 cells. Proteomics. 2006;6:3262-74 pubmed..Moreover, enforced HIF-1alpha expression also elevated NDRG1 mRNA and protein in U937 cells. These data will provide some clues for understanding mechanisms by which leukemic cells response to hypoxia. ..
- Liu J, Liu N, Yuan H, Guo Q, Lu H, Li Y. Human homologue of SETA binding protein 1 interacts with cathepsin B and participates in TNF-Induced apoptosis in ovarian cancer cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006;292:189-95 pubmed..hSB1 may function as a regulator of cathepsin B-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Chen L, Yan H, Chen J, Yang W, Liu Q, Zhai B, et al. Negative regulation of c-Myc transcription by pancreas duodenum homeobox-1. Endocrinology. 2007;148:2168-80 pubmed
- Chen H, Jia W, Xu X, Fan Y, Zhu D, Wu H, et al. Upregulation of PEDF expression by PARP inhibition contributes to the decrease in hyperglycemia-induced apoptosis in HUVECs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:718-24 pubmed publisher..These results give the first direct demonstration that PEDF might represent a target for PARP inhibition treatment and the effects of PEDF on endothelial cells growth are context dependent. ..
- Xu W, Liu J, Li C, Wu H, Liu Y. Kaempferol-7-O-beta-D-glucoside (KG) isolated from Smilax china L. rhizome induces G2/M phase arrest and apoptosis on HeLa cells in a p53-independent manner. Cancer Lett. 2008;264:229-40 pubmed publisher..In summary, KG displayed a significant anti-tumor effect through cell cycle arrest and apoptotic induction in HeLa cells, which suggested that KG might have therapeutic potential against cervix carcinoma...
- Zhang J, Jiang H, Gao W, Wu J, Peng K, Shi Y, et al. The JNK/AP1/ATF2 pathway is involved in H2O2-induced acetylcholinesterase expression during apoptosis. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:1435-45 pubmed publisher..The AP1-like element binds to the transcription factors, c-jun and ATF2, while the ATF2 element binds mainly ATF2. Taken together, our results strongly suggest that H2O2 induces AChE expression via the JNK/AP1/ ATF2 signaling pathway. ..
- Dai R, Chen Y, Fu J, Dong L, Ren Y, Yang G, et al. p28GANK inhibits endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced cell death via enhancement of the endoplasmic reticulum adaptive capacity. Cell Res. 2009;19:1243-57 pubmed publisher..We propose that p28(GANK) has potential implications for HCC progression under the ER stress conditions. ..
- Zhang X, Xu L, Yu Q. Cell aggregation induces phosphorylation of PECAM-1 and Pyk2 and promotes tumor cell anchorage-independent growth. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:7 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrated that Pyk2 and PECAM-1 were critical mediators of both anchorage-independent growth and anoikis resistance in tumor cells. ..
- Zhao Q, Gao J, Li W, Cai D. Neurotrophic and neurorescue effects of Echinacoside in the subacute MPTP mouse model of Parkinson's disease. Brain Res. 2010;1346:224-36 pubmed publisher..05). These findings demonstrate that ECH is probably a novel, orally active, non-peptide inducer of NTFs and inhibitor of apoptosis, and they provide preclinical support for therapeutic potential of this compound in the treatment of PD. ..
- Deng N, Ye Y, Wang W, Li L. Dishevelled interacts with p65 and acts as a repressor of NF-?B-mediated transcription. Cell Res. 2010;20:1117-27 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data suggest that Dvl may relieve the anti-apoptotic effect of NF-?B, thus play a role in promoting apoptosis. Therefore, this work demonstrates a novel function of Dvl in modulating NF-?B-regulated gene transcription. ..
- Chi Y, Zhang C, Zong H, Hong Y, Kong X, Liu H, et al. Thr-370 is responsible for CDK11(p58) autophosphorylation, dimerization, and kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1748-57 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data indicated that Thr-370 is responsible for the autophosphorylation, dimerization, and kinase activity of CDK11(p58). Moreover, Thr-370 mutants might affect CDK11(p58)-mediated signaling pathways. ..
- Lu R, Sun M, Feng J, Gao X, Guo L. Myofibrillogenesis regulator 1 (MR-1) is a novel biomarker and potential therapeutic target for human ovarian cancer. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:270 pubmed publisher..It may also be useful for monitoring of the effects of anti-cancer therapies. Further studies are needed to clarify whether MR-1 is an early diagnostic marker for ovarian cancer and a possible therapeutic target. ..
- Wu J, Ding T, Sun J. Neurotoxic potential of iron oxide nanoparticles in the rat brain striatum and hippocampus. Neurotoxicology. 2013;34:243-53 pubmed publisher..These results also suggest that environmental exposure to Fe(3)O(4)-NPs may play a role in the development of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Jin H, Liang L, Liu L, Deng W, Liu J. HDAC inhibitor DWP0016 activates p53 transcription and acetylation to inhibit cell growth in U251 glioblastoma cells. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:1498-509 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate the promising antitumor potential of DWP0016 for further glioblastoma treatment applications. ..
- Su Z, Chen J, Qiu Y, Yuan Y, Zhu F, Zhu Y, et al. Olfactory ensheathing cells: the primary innate immunocytes in the olfactory pathway to engulf apoptotic olfactory nerve debris. Glia. 2013;61:490-503 pubmed publisher..Together, these results implicate OEC as a primary innate immunocyte in the olfactory pathway, and suggest a cellular and molecular mechanism by which ORNs corpses are removed during olfactory nerve turnover and regeneration...
- Zhang Y, Yang L, Yang Y, Liu X, Jia J, Qian J, et al. Low-dose taurine upregulates taurine transporter expression in acute myocardial ischemia. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:817-24 pubmed publisher..Low-dose but not high-dose taurine treatment upregulated TAUT expression and increased the intracellular taurine content in cardiomyocytes subjected to hypoxia as well as in AMI tissues. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang L, Sun Y, Zhu Y, Zhong Z, Shi J, et al. Conjugation of dexamethasone to C60 for the design of an anti-inflammatory nanomedicine with reduced cellular apoptosis. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013;5:5291-7 pubmed publisher..These findings help understand the mechanism of beneficial effects of this new nanomedicine, DEX-C60, and promote its clinical applications...
- Zhou R, Yao X, Xu X, Wang G, Zhu Z, Chen J, et al. Blockage of progesterone receptor effectively protects pancreatic islet beta cell viability. Steroids. 2013;78:987-95 pubmed publisher..It is expected that SC51089, as a non-steroid PR antagonist, might also find its potential in anti-diabetic research. ..
- Guo H, Xu Y, Ye Z, Yu J, Hu X. Curcumin induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis of prostate cancer cells by regulating the expression of IkappaBalpha, c-Jun and androgen receptor. Pharmazie. 2013;68:431-4 pubmed..These data suggest that curcumin is a promising agent for the treatment of both androgen-dependent and androgen-independent prostate cancer. ..
- Yang C, Li L, Xue Y, Zhao Z, Zhao T, Jia Y, et al. Innate immunity activation involved in unprotected porcine auto-transplant kidneys preserved by naked caspase-3 siRNA. J Transl Med. 2013;11:210 pubmed publisher..These results provided valuable evidence to guide future siRNA design and pre-clinic studies. ..
- Wu X, Liu T, Fang O, Dong W, Zhang F, Leach L, et al. MicroRNA-708-5p acts as a therapeutic agent against metastatic lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:2417-32 pubmed publisher..The findings strongly support miR-708-5p as a novel and effective therapeutic agent against metastatic malignancy of non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Guan H, Sun J, Feng X, Chen J, Chen F, Cheng X, et al. Effects of RNA interference-mediated knockdown of livin and survivin using monomethoxypolyethylene glycol-chitosan nanoparticles in MG-63 osteosarcoma cells. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1821-6 pubmed publisher..Thus the results indicate a synergistic effect of livin and survivin. ..
- Shen J, Lu X, Du W, Zhou J, Qiu H, Chen J, et al. Lobetyol activate MAPK pathways associated with G1/S cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in MKN45 cells in vitro and in vivo. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;81:120-7 pubmed publisher..This study confirmed the cytotoxicity of lobetyol in MKN45 cells and provided an insight into the molecular mechanism, which demonstrates the potential of lobetyol as an anti-tumor agent. ..
- Tang S, Fang Y, Huang G, Xu X, Padilla Banks E, Fan W, et al. Methionine metabolism is essential for SIRT1-regulated mouse embryonic stem cell maintenance and embryonic development. EMBO J. 2017;36:3175-3193 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover a novel regulatory mechanism for methionine metabolism and highlight the importance of methionine metabolism in SIRT1-mediated mESC maintenance and embryonic development. ..
- Chen Y, Shen Z, Chen W. [Molecular mechanism of epimedium flavonoids in immune homeostasis remodeling in aged rats revealed by lymphocyte gene expression profile]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2004;24:59-62 pubmed..To elucidate the gene regulatory pattern of Epimedium flavonoids (EF) in immune homeostasis remodeling in the aged rats...
- Yun X, Wu Y, Yao L, Zong H, Hong Y, Jiang J, et al. CDK11(p58) protein kinase activity is associated with Bcl-2 down-regulation in pro-apoptosis pathway. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;304:213-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that CDK11(p58) down-regulates Bcl-2 in pro-apoptosis pathway depending on its kinase activity, which elicits survival signal in hepatocarcinoma cells. ..
- Wang X, Fu S, Wang Y, Yu P, Hu J, Gu W, et al. Interleukin-1beta mediates proliferation and differentiation of multipotent neural precursor cells through the activation of SAPK/JNK pathway. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;36:343-54 pubmed..These findings collectively suggest that the inflammatory environment following CNS injuries may influence the ability of NPCs to repair the damage. ..
- Zhou Y, Wen Y, Kang X, Qian H, Yang J, Yin Z. Troglitazone, a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma ligand, induces growth inhibition and apoptosis of HepG2 human liver cancer cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:2168-73 pubmed..PPAR gamma ligands inhibit growth and induce apoptosis of liver cancer cells, and may have applications for the prevention and treatment of liver cancer. ..
- Qi Y, Qu M, Long D, Liu B, Yao Q, Chien S, et al. Rho-GDP dissociation inhibitor alpha downregulated by low shear stress promotes vascular smooth muscle cell migration and apoptosis: a proteomic analysis. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;80:114-22 pubmed publisher..The effect of Rho-GDIalpha on VSMC migration is mediated by the PI3K/Akt pathway, but its effect on VSMC apoptosis is not. ..
- Mo F, Hu J, Gan Y, Zhao Y, Zhao X. [The anti-tumour effect of Wuxing soup and its mechanism in inducing apoptosis of tumour cells mediated by calcium]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2008;31:1368-72 pubmed..Wuxing soup has an effective inhibition on cancer cells, and can induce SGC-7901 cells to apoptosis by calcium. ..