Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Locale: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications294 found, 100 shown here
- Hu K, Zhao M, Zhang T, Zha M, Zhong C, Jiang Y, et al. Structures of trans-2-enoyl-CoA reductases from Clostridium acetobutylicum and Treponema denticola: insights into the substrate specificity and the catalytic mechanism. Biochem J. 2013;449:79-89 pubmed publisher..A modelling study shows that the hydrophobic channel is optimal in both width and length for the binding of crotonyl-CoA. These results provide molecular bases for the high substrate specificity and the catalytic mechanism of TERs. ..
- Li Y, Lei Y, Wagner E, Xie C, Lu W, Zhu J, et al. Potent retro-inverso D-peptide for simultaneous targeting of angiogenic blood vasculature and tumor cells. Bioconjug Chem. 2013;24:133-43 pubmed publisher..In summary, the data demonstrate that D-SP5 displays higher binding affinities toward tumor endothelium as well as tumor cells and enhanced tumor targeting capability in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Wu S, Gui J, Yin X, Pan Q, Liu X, Chu L. Transmembrane domain is crucial to the subcellular localization and function of Myc target 1. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:471-81 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that a mutation, A88D, which is observed in patient sample, changed the localization, and abolished the effect on cell viability and cell migration, suggesting that the TM domain is critical to MYCT1. ..
- Wang S, Chen J, Zhang Z, Huang Q, Gu S, Ying K, et al. Cloning, characterization, and expression of calcyphosine 2, a novel human gene encoding an EF-hand Ca(2+)-binding protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;291:414-20 pubmed..It also contains two EF-hand Ca(2+)-binding motif. It is abundantly expressed in many tissues including by RT-PCR analysis and believed to play important role in calcium signaling. It was mapped to human genome 12q15. ..
- Yao J, Zhao X, Liao Z, Lin J, Chen Z, Chen F, et al. Cloning and molecular characterization of a novel lectin gene from Pinellia ternata. Cell Res. 2003;13:301-8 pubmed..1% (w/v). The cloning of the pta gene will enable us to further test its effect in depth on aphids by transferring the gene into crop plants. ..
- Zou H, Hu L, Li J, Zhan S, Cao K. Cloning and characterization of a novel small monomeric GTPase, RasL10B, with tumor suppressor potential. Biotechnol Lett. 2006;28:1901-8 pubmed..Finally, the mRNA levels of RasL10B were down-regulated in all human breast cancer cell lines we tested. In summary, RasL10B is a new member of Ras superfamily with tumor suppressor potential. ..
- Zhu B, Chen N, Wang Z, Pan X, Ren H, Zhang W, et al. Identification and functional analysis of a novel TRPC6 mutation associated with late onset familial focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in Chinese patients. Mutat Res. 2009;664:84-90 pubmed publisher..We identified a novel TRPC6 mutation Q889K associated with late onset FFSGS in Chinese pedigrees and this mutation was demonstrated to be "gain of function" by an in vitro functional research. ..
- Liu F, Cui S, Hu W, Feng Z, Wang Z, Han Z. Excretory/secretory proteome of the adult developmental stage of human blood fluke, Schistosoma japonicum. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:1236-51 pubmed publisher..japonicum ES proteins, provides an insight into host-parasite interactions, and establishes a resource for the development of diagnostic agents and vaccines for the control of schistosomiasis. ..
- Yang Y, Li J, Lin X, Yang Y, Hong K, Wang L, et al. Novel KCNA5 loss-of-function mutations responsible for atrial fibrillation. J Hum Genet. 2009;54:277-83 pubmed publisher..These findings expand the spectrum of mutations in KCNA5 linked to AF and provide new insight into the molecular mechanism involved in AF. ..
- Huang C, Wan B, Gao B, Hexige S, Yu L. Isolation and characterization of novel human short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase SCDR10B which is highly expressed in the brain and acts as hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Acta Biochim Pol. 2009;56:279-89 pubmed..SCDR10B can catalyze the dehydrogenation of cortisol in the presence of NADP(+), and therefore it is a hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. ..
- Qin C, Chen L, Qin J, Zhao D, Zhang H, Wu P, et al. Characterization of a serine proteinase homologous (SPH) in Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:14-8 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the mRNA transcripts of EsSPH and proPO were found in ova and expressed in oosperms, suggesting that the maternal transfer of EsSPH and proPO may exit in crab, but this warrants confirmation in further research. ..
- Liang W, Cheng J, Liu R, Wang J, Mu J, Wang Q, et al. Peptide corresponding to the C terminus of tissue factor pathway inhibitor inhibits mesangial cell proliferation and activation in vivo. Peptides. 2009;30:2330-6 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the C terminus of TFPI could be used in the treatment of proliferative glomerulonephritis. ..
- Tan F, Wang L, Wang J, Wu X, Zhu H, Jiang L, et al. Enhanced pesticide sensitivity of novel housefly acetylcholinesterases: a new tool for the detection of residual pesticide contamination. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng. 2011;34:305-14 pubmed publisher..The AChE enzyme obtained by this method could be used to detect the organophosphate and carbamate insecticide residues in fruits and vegetables, a characteristic of great potential research and industrial application...
- Yu S, Li H, Tong M, Ouyang L, Zhou Z. Identification of a ?6 fatty acid elongase gene for arachidonic acid biosynthesis localized to the endoplasmic reticulum in the green microalga Myrmecia incisa Reisigl. Gene. 2012;493:219-27 pubmed publisher..incisa. ..
- Wang K, Lu W, Chen J, Xie S, Shi H, Hsu H, et al. PEDV ORF3 encodes an ion channel protein and regulates virus production. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:384-91 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the ORF3 gene from an attenuated PEDV encodes a truncated protein with 49 nucleotide deletions, which lacks the ion channel activity. ..
- Zhao Y, Yu L, Fu Q, Chen W, Jiang J, Gao J, et al. Cloning and characterization of human DDX24 and mouse Ddx24, two novel putative DEAD-Box proteins, and mapping DDX24 to human chromosome 14q32. Genomics. 2000;67:351-5 pubmed..Moreover, the gene structure of DDX24 was determined by comparing its cDNA and genomic sequence from BAC R-1089B7, which showed that the gene spanned a 30-kb region and consisted of at least nine exons. ..
- Xu R, Yao Z, Xin L, Zhang Q, Li T, Gan R. NC1 domain of human type VIII collagen (alpha 1) inhibits bovine aortic endothelial cell proliferation and causes cell apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;289:264-8 pubmed..It is interesting that sequence analysis showed that there was only about 12% amino acid sequence homology between vastatin and endostatin. The structure-function relationship of these angiogenesis molecules remains to be elucidated. ..
- Yang Q, Gong Z. Purification and characterization of an ethylene-induced antifungal protein from leaves of guilder rose (Hydrangea macrophylla). Protein Expr Purif. 2002;24:76-82 pubmed..This chitin-binding protein showed antifungal activity toward several crop fungal pathogens. Knowledge of properties of HM30 should be useful for its potential application as a plant fungicidal agent...
- Zheng Y, Wei H, Ling C, Xu M, Wang E. Two forms of human cytoplasmic arginyl-tRNA synthetase produced from two translation initiations by a single mRNA. Biochemistry. 2006;45:1338-44 pubmed..Here we show evidence that two forms of human cytoplasmic ArgRS were produced from two translational initiations by a single mRNA. ..
- Li H, Zhang Z, Wang B, Zhang J, Zhao Y, Jin Y. Wwp2-mediated ubiquitination of the RNA polymerase II large subunit in mouse embryonic pluripotent stem cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5296-305 pubmed..These results indicate that Wwp2 plays an important role in regulating expression of Rpb1 in normal physiological conditions. ..
- Gu X, Zheng M, Fei X, Yang Z, Li F, Ji C, et al. ZNF435, a novel human SCAN-containing zinc finger protein, inhibits AP-1-mediated transcriptional activation. Mol Cells. 2007;23:316-22 pubmed..Furthermore, ZNF435 proved to be a transcription repressor as its overexpression in AD293 cells inhibited the transcriptional activities of AP-1. ..
- Chen Q, Zheng W, Yao W, Nie L, Cheng S, Ma W. Analysis of SOX4 gene mutation in non-small cell lung cancer tissues. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2007;24:505-9 pubmed..The results indicate that the SOX4 gene mutations might be related in the lung carcinogenesis and tumor metastasis. The study also provides molecular data for study the links between the mutation of SOX gene and human oncogenesis. ..
- Zhou Y, Li J, Zhu J, Chen S, Bai L, Zhou X, et al. Incomplete beta-ketone processing as a mechanism for polyene structural variation in the FR-008/candicidin complex. Chem Biol. 2008;15:629-38 pubmed publisher..Incomplete activities of KR21 and DH18 were, therefore, unambiguously identified as being involved in structural variations of FR-008 complex. ..
- Jiang H, Cai Y, Chen L, Zhang X, Hu S, Wang Q. Functional annotation and analysis of expressed sequence tags from the hepatopancreas of mitten crab (Eriocheir sinensis). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2009;11:317-26 pubmed publisher..These results might serve as the basis for an in-depth genomics study of E. sinensis, including transcriptome analysis, physical mapping, and whole genome sequencing...
- Ren S, Yang G, He Y, Wang Y, Li Y, Chen Z. The conservation pattern of short linear motifs is highly correlated with the function of interacting protein domains. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:452 pubmed publisher..Combining scoring matrixes derived from peptide libraries and conservation analysis, we would be able to find those protein groups that are more likely to interact with specific domains. ..
- Yao F, Xu T, Zhou X, Deng Z, You D. Functional analysis of spfD gene involved in DNA phosphorothioation in Pseudomonas fluorescens Pf0-1. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:729-33 pubmed publisher..fluorescens Pf0-1. The ATPase activity of SpfD suggests that SpfD could hydrolyze ATP to provide the energy required in the DNA phosphorothioate modification process. ..
- Yang X, Song L, Xue H. Membrane steroid binding protein 1 (MSBP1) stimulates tropism by regulating vesicle trafficking and auxin redistribution. Mol Plant. 2008;1:1077-87 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that MSBP1 could enhance the cycling of PIN2-containing vesicles to stimulate the auxin redistribution under gravi-stimulation, providing informative hints on interactions between auxin and steroid binding protein. ..
- Cheng S, Cetinkaya M, Gräter F. How sequence determines elasticity of disordered proteins. Biophys J. 2010;99:3863-9 pubmed publisher..Our results, which are directly testable by force spectroscopy experiments, shed light on how evolution has designed unfolded elastomeric proteins for different functions. ..
- Sun R, Shen R, Li J, Xu G, Chi J, Li L, et al. Lyzl4, a novel mouse sperm-related protein, is involved in fertilization. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2011;43:346-53 pubmed publisher..Immuno-neutralization of Lyzl4 protein in spermatozoa with its specific antibody significantly decreased in vitro fertilization percentage in a dose-dependent manner, suggesting that Lyzl4 might be important for fertilization. ..
- Wu G, Sun M, Zhang W, Huo K. AIG1 is a novel Pirh2-interacting protein that activates the NFAT signaling pathway. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2011;3:834-42 pubmed..Our results suggest AIG1 could serve as a new biomarker for the diagnosis and prognostic evaluation of HCCs. ..
- Jin H, Yang X, Liu K, Gu Q, Xu X. Effects of a novel peptide derived from human thrombomodulin on endotoxin-induced uveitis in vitro and in vivo. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3457-64 pubmed publisher..7 cells and interrupted LPS-induced nuclear factor-?B (NF-?B) activation. These data indicate a beneficial role of peptide GC31 in preventing intraocular inflammatory response, especially uveitis. ..
- Sheng L, Gu D, Wang Q, Liu Q, Zhang Y. Quorum sensing and alternative sigma factor RpoN regulate type VI secretion system I (T6SSVA1) in fish pathogen Vibrio alginolyticus. Arch Microbiol. 2012;194:379-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrated that the expression of T6SS in V. alginolyticus was under the regulation of quorum sensing and alternative sigma factor. ..
- Shi Y, Yan Y, Ji W, Du B, Meng X, Wang H, et al. Characterization and determination of holin protein of Streptococcus suis bacteriophage SMP in heterologous host. Virol J. 2012;9:70 pubmed publisher..HolSMP complemented the defective ? S allele in a non-suppressing Escherichia coli strain to produce phage plaques. Our results suggest that HolSMP is the holin protein of phage SMP and a two-step lysis system exists in SMP. ..
- Zhang Z, He J, Fu W, Zhang C, Zhang Z. Mutations in the SLCO2A1 gene and primary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy: a clinical and biochemical characterization. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E923-33 pubmed publisher..The urinary levels of PGE? and PGE-M in the SLCO2A1-deficient individuals decreased with age. The measurement of the excreted PGE? and PGE-M may have implications in the differential diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of PHO. ..
- Fichna J, Mazur M, Grzywacz D, Kamysz W, Perlikowska R, Piekielna J, et al. Novel glycosylated endomorphin-2 analog produces potent centrally-mediated antinociception in mice after peripheral administration. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:6673-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the described methodology may be useful for increasing the bioavailability and delivery of opioid peptides to the CNS. ..
- Gu L, Li X, Han Y, Zhang D, Gong Q, Zhang X. A novel homozygous no-stop mutation in G6PC gene from a Chinese patient with glycogen storage disease type Ia. Gene. 2014;536:362-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we revealed a novel no-stop mutation in this study which expands the spectrum of mutations in the G6PC gene. The molecular genetic analysis was indispensable to the diagnosis of GSD-Ia for the patient. ..
- Li X, Jiang L, Chen L, Ding M, Guo H, Zhang W, et al. RIG-I modulates Src-mediated AKT activation to restrain leukemic stemness. Mol Cell. 2014;53:407-19 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest an antileukemia activity of RIG-I via competitively inhibiting Src/AKT association. ..
- Rong Y, Liu F, Zeng L, Ma W, Wei D, Han Z. Cloning and characterization of a novel human secretory protein: secretogranin III. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:411-7 pubmed..SgIII may take effect in the biogenesis of secretory granules as a helper protein and be involved in the production or release of peptide hormones in the regulated secretory pathway. ..
- Zhang H, Yan Z, Hu X, Yang S, Gong Y. Interaction of C17orf25 with ADP-ribose pyrophosphatase NUDT9 detected via yeast two-hybrid method. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2003;35:747-51 pubmed..Fusion expression of C17orf25 and GFP and computer analysis showed that C17orf25 was probably located in mitochondria. Furthermore, C17orf25 may suppress the cell growth by interaction with NUDT9. ..
- Wang R, Hong G, Han B. Transcript abundance of rml1, encoding a putative GT1-like factor in rice, is up-regulated by Magnaporthe grisea and down-regulated by light. Gene. 2004;324:105-15 pubmed..grisea and light). The putative RML1 protein, encoded by this single copy gene, is thus identified as a new member of the plant-specific GT family of transcription factors in rice. ..
- Zheng H, Ji C, Zou X, Wu M, Jin Z, Yin G, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human putative transmembrane protein homologous to mouse sideroflexin associated with sideroblastic anemia. DNA Seq. 2003;14:369-73 pubmed..It is 1428 base pair in length and the putative protein contains 305 amino acids with a conserved predicted five-transmembrane-domains structure. RT-PCR result shows that the SFXN4 gene is expressed in many tissues. ..
- Li J, Cui Y, Chen L, Gu M, Li J, Nan F, et al. Mutations at the S1 sites of methionine aminopeptidases from Escherichia coli and Homo sapiens reveal the residues critical for substrate specificity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21128-34 pubmed..The structural features at the enzyme active site will be useful information for designing specific MetAP inhibitors for therapeutic applications. ..
- Zhao E, Li Y, Fu X, Zhang J, Zeng H, Zeng L, et al. Cloning and expression of human GTDC1 gene (glycosyltransferase-like domain containing 1) from human fetal library. DNA Cell Biol. 2004;23:183-7 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis revealed its relatively high expression level in the adult lung, spleen, testis, and peripheral blood leukocyte. ..
- Guo J, Saiyin H, Wei Y, Chen S, Chen L, Bi G, et al. Expression of testis specific ankyrin repeat and SOCS box-containing 17 gene. Arch Androl. 2004;50:155-61 pubmed..ASB-17 proteins are highly conserved in mammals including human, mouse, rat, Canis familiaris and Macaca fascicularis. ..
- Zhao J, Zuo K, Tang K. cDNA cloning and characterization of enolase from Chinese cabbage, Brassica campestris ssp. Pekinensis. DNA Seq. 2004;15:51-7 pubmed..Southern blot analysis of genomic DNA indicated that low-copies of enolase gene were present in the genome of Chinese cabbage. ..
- Xu Y, Barrantes F, Shen J, Luo X, Zhu W, Chen K, et al. Blocking of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor ion channel by chlorpromazine, a noncompetitive inhibitor: A molecular dynamics simulation study. J Phys Chem B. 2006;110:20640-8 pubmed
- Gao Y, Yan X, Song A, Chang Y, Gao X, Jiang N, et al. Structural insights into the specific binding of huntingtin proline-rich region with the SH3 and WW domains. Structure. 2006;14:1755-65 pubmed..This study provides structural insights into the specific interactions between Htt PRR and its binding partners as well as the alteration of these interactions that involve PRR, which may have implications for the understanding of HD. ..
- Sun B, Hong J, Zhang P, Dong X, Shen X, Lin D, et al. Molecular basis of the interaction of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Eaf3 chromo domain with methylated H3K36. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36504-12 pubmed publisher..These results reveal the molecular mechanism of the recognition and binding of the methylated H3K36 by Eaf3 and provide new insights into the functional roles of the Eaf3 chromo domain. ..
- Wang J, Chu B, Ge L, Li B, Yan Y, Song B. Membrane topology of human NPC1L1, a key protein in enterohepatic cholesterol absorption. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:1653-62 pubmed publisher..The defined topology of NPC1L1 provides necessary information for further dissecting the functions of the different domains of NPC1L1. ..
- Wu P, Qi D, Chen L, Zhang H, Zhang X, Qin J, et al. Gene discovery from an ovary cDNA library of oriental river prawn Macrobrachium nipponense by ESTs annotation. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2009;4:111-20 pubmed publisher..This study also lays the groundwork for development of molecular markers related to ovary development in other prawn species...
- Ying H, Yang L, Qiao G, Li Z, Zhang L, Yin F, et al. Cutting edge: CTLA-4--B7 interaction suppresses Th17 cell differentiation. J Immunol. 2010;185:1375-8 pubmed publisher..With these results, we are the first to demonstrate that CTLA-4-B7 interaction inhibits Th17 differentiation in vitro and in vivo and suppresses Th17-mediated autoimmunity. ..
- Wang Y, Guo Y, Wang X, Huang J, Shang J, Sun S. Human serum amyloid P functions as a negative regulator of the innate and adaptive immune responses to DNA vaccines. J Immunol. 2011;186:2860-70 pubmed publisher..SAP suppression may be a novel strategy for improving efficacy of human DNA vaccines and requires further clinical investigations. ..
- Zhu A, Zhao W, Yin H, Shan T, Zhu C, Yang X, et al. Isolation and characterization of canine astrovirus in China. Arch Virol. 2011;156:1671-5 pubmed publisher..However, the new isolates and the Italy strain were divided into two different clusters. The new isolates may be a new strain of canine astrovirus. ..
- Jiang J, Shen F, Fang W, Liu X, Yang Y. Novel GATA4 mutations in lone atrial fibrillation. Int J Mol Med. 2011;28:1025-32 pubmed publisher..The findings expand the mutation spectrum of GATA4 linked to AF and provide novel insight into the molecular mechanism involved in the pathogenesis of AF. ..
- Liu Y, Han N, Franchini L, Xu H, Pisciottano F, Elgoyhen A, et al. The voltage-gated potassium channel subfamily KQT member 4 (KCNQ4) displays parallel evolution in echolocating bats. Mol Biol Evol. 2012;29:1441-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that only a subset of hearing genes could underlie the evolution of echolocation. The present work continues to delineate the genetic bases of echolocation and ultrasonic hearing in bats. ..
- Wang L, Ren S, Zhu H, Zhang D, Hao Y, Ruan Y, et al. Structural and functional conservation of CLEC-2 with the species-specific regulation of transcript expression in evolution. Glycoconj J. 2012;29:335-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CLEC-2 shares high sequence homology and functional identity. However the transcript expression might be tightly regulated by different mechanisms in evolution. ..
- Ma B, Yu H, Pan J, Liu J, Ju X, Xu J. A thermostable and organic-solvent tolerant esterase from Pseudomonas putida ECU1011: catalytic properties and performance in kinetic resolution of ?-hydroxy acids. Bioresour Technol. 2013;133:354-60 pubmed publisher..The attractive organic-solvent tolerance, good thermostability and high enantioselectivity towards ?-acetoxy carboxylates endow rPPE01 with the potential of practical application for the production of enantiopure hydroxy acids. ..
- Zhang M, Dong L, Shi Z, Jiao S, Zhang Z, Zhang W, et al. Structural mechanism of CCM3 heterodimerization with GCKIII kinases. Structure. 2013;21:680-8 pubmed..CCM3 forms a stable complex with MST4 in vivo to promote cell proliferation and migration synergistically in a manner dependent on MST4 kinase activity. Collectively, our work offers a structural basis for further functional study. ..
- He C, Yan X, Zhang H, Mirshahi T, Jin T, Huang A, et al. Identification of critical residues controlling G protein-gated inwardly rectifying K(+) channel activity through interactions with the beta gamma subunits of G proteins. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6088-96 pubmed..These results identify functionally important channel interaction sites with the beta gamma subunits of G proteins, critical for channel activity. ..
- Wen T, Gu P, Chen F. Discovery of two novel functional genes from differentiation of neural stem cells in the striatum of the fetal rat. Neurosci Lett. 2002;329:101-5 pubmed..Our research primarily discovered that these two genes are associated with differentiation of NSC. How they function in the process of differentiation needs further study. ..
- Qiao Z, Min C, Hua Q, Weiss M, Feng Y. In vitro refolding of human proinsulin. Kinetic intermediates, putative disulfide-forming pathway folding initiation site, and potential role of C-peptide in folding process. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17800-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the implications of this in vitro refolding study on the in vivo folding process of HPI have been discussed. ..
- Chen T, Han Y, Yang M, Zhang W, Li N, Wan T, et al. Rab39, a novel Golgi-associated Rab GTPase from human dendritic cells involved in cellular endocytosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:1114-20 pubmed..Confocal microscopy examination of Rab39 subcellular localization suggests that Rab39 is associated with Golgi-associated organelles. Our findings demonstrate that Rab39 is a novel Rab GTPase involved in cellular endocytosis. ..
- Huang S, Lin Q. Functional expression and processing of rat choline dehydrogenase precursor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:344-50 pubmed
- Chai Y, Pang Y, Liao Z, Zhang L, Sun X, Lu Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a mannose-binding lectin gene from Crinum asiaticum. J Plant Physiol. 2003;160:913-20 pubmed..Northern blot analysis demonstrated that caa mRNA was constitutively expressed in all the tested tissue types including the root, bulb, leaf, rachise, flower and fruit tissues...
- Yang L, Lee O, Chen J, Chen J, Chang C, Zhou P, et al. Human acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1 (acat1) sequences located in two different chromosomes (7 and 1) are required to produce a novel ACAT1 isoenzyme with additional sequence at the N terminus. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:46253-62 pubmed..To our knowledge, our result provides the first mammalian example that a trans-spliced mRNA produces a functional protein. ..
- Gao Y, Song A, Shi Y, Chang Y, Liu S, Yu Y, et al. Solution structure of the ubiquitin-like domain of human DC-UbP from dendritic cells. Protein Sci. 2005;14:2044-50 pubmed..This implies that the UbL domain of DC-UbP may have its own specific interaction partners with other yet unknown cellular functions related to the Ub pathway. ..
- Teng X, Yang J, Xie Y, Ni Z, Hu R, Shi L, et al. A novel spermatogenesis-specific uPAR gene expressed in human and mouse testis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:1223-7 pubmed..Since SGRG is specifically expressed in spermatogonia, it provides an attractive candidate for development of a contraceptive vaccine. ..
- Qi J, Zhang X, Zhang H, Yang H, Zhou Y, Han Z. ZBTB34, a novel human BTB/POZ zinc finger protein, is a potential transcriptional repressor. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006;290:159-67 pubmed..This present work as the first report about the functional exploration of the novel ZBTB34 gene would be contributed to profound understanding of the transcriptional regulation via BTB/POZ protein family. ..
- Wang X, Zhou Y, Liu F, Wang K, Shen Y, Liu J, et al. A novel recently evolved gene C19orf24 encodes a non-classical secreted protein. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2006;11:161-70 pubmed
- Han Y, Wang Q, Jiang H, Liu L, Xiao C, Yuan D, et al. Characterization of novel M-superfamily conotoxins with new disulfide linkage. FEBS J. 2006;273:4972-82 pubmed..This is the first report of three different patterns of disulfide connectivity in conotoxins with the same cysteine framework. ..
- Ge J, Wei Z, Huang Y, Yin J, Zhou Z, Zhong J. AcMNPV ORF38 protein has the activity of ADP-ribose pyrophosphatase and is important for virus replication. Virology. 2007;361:204-11 pubmed..The mutant phenotype was rescued by co-transfection with an AcORF38-expressing plasmid. These results suggest that AcORF38 plays an important role in virus replication, although the detail is to be elucidated. ..
- Ding X, Yu W, Liu M, Shen S, Chen F, Wan B, et al. SEPT12 interacts with SEPT6 and this interaction alters the filament structure of SEPT6 in Hela cells. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;40:973-8 pubmed..Further, co-expression of SEPT12 altered the filamentous structure of SEPT6 in Hela cells. Therefore, our result showed that the interaction between different septins may affect the septin filament structure. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang J, Zhou B, Zhang C, Liu W, Miao X, et al. Up-regulation of lysozyme gene expression during metamorphosis and immune challenge of the cotton bollworm, Helicoverpa armigera. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2009;70:18-29 pubmed publisher..The gene expression was up-regulated after the injection of E. coli or entomopathogenic fungi, Beauveria bassiana, but showed different expression patterns...
- Zhang D, Jiang S, Qiu L, Su T, Wu K, Li Y, et al. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of the IkappaB gene from pearl oyster Pinctada fucata. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;26:84-90 pubmed publisher..13- and 5.28-fold after LPS and Vibrio alginolyticus stimulation, respectively. These results suggested that the poIkappaB was a constitutive and inducible acute-phase protein that perhaps involved in the immune defense of pearl oyster. ..
- Zhang M, Chen S, Li Q, Ling Y, Zhang J, Yu L. Characterization of a novel human HMBOX1 splicing variant lacking the homeodomain and with attenuated transcription repressor activity. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:2767-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest a distinct role of HMBOX1b, and the control of mRNA splicing might be involved in homeobox genes regulation. ..
- Yu Y, Guo H, Zhang Q, Duan L, Ding Y, Liao R, et al. NosA catalyzing carboxyl-terminal amide formation in nosiheptide maturation via an enamine dealkylation on the serine-extended precursor peptide. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:16324-6 pubmed publisher..NosA acts on an intermediate bearing a bis-dehydroalanine tail and catalyzes an enamide dealkylation to remove the acrylate unit originating from the extended serine residue. ..
- Meng X, Xu Z, Song R. Molecular cloning and characterization of a vacuolar H+?pyrophosphatase from Dunaliella viridis. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:3375-82 pubmed publisher..This study not only enriched our knowledge about the biological functions of V-H(+)-PPases in different organisms but also improved our understanding of the molecular mechanism of salt tolerance in Dunaliella...
- Zhang S, Sun M, Li T, Wang Q, Hao J, Han Y, et al. Structure analysis of a new psychrophilic marine protease. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26939 pubmed publisher..The structural analysis of this new marine protease provides new information for the study of psychrophilic proteases and is helpful for elucidating the structure-environment adaptation of these enzymes. ..
- Zhang R, Chen C, Sun Z, Tan F, Zhuang J, Tian D, et al. Disulfide linkages mediating nucleocapsid protein dimerization are not required for porcine arterivirus infectivity. J Virol. 2012;86:4670-81 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the disulfide linkages mediating the N dimerization are not required for PRRSV viability and help to promote our understanding of the mechanism underlying arterivirus particle assembly. ..
- He P, Deng C, Liu B, Zeng L, Zhao W, Zhang Y, et al. Characterization of a bifunctional enzyme with (p)ppGpp-hydrolase/synthase activity in Leptospira interrogans. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2013;348:133-42 pubmed publisher..interrogans contain a single Rel-like bifunctional protein, RelLin , which plays an important role in maintaining the basal level of (p)ppGpp in the cell potentially contributing to the regulation of bacterial stress response. ..
- Zhai L, Feng L, Xia L, Yin H, Xiang S. Crystal structure of glycogen debranching enzyme and insights into its catalysis and disease-causing mutations. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11229 pubmed publisher..Combining the understanding of the GDE catalysis and functional characterizations of its disease-causing mutations provides molecular insights into GSDIII. ..
- Zeng L, Zhou Z, Xu J, Zhao W, Wang W, Huang Y, et al. Molecular cloning, structure and expression of a novel nuclear RNA-binding cyclophilin-like gene (PPIL4) from human fetal brain. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;95:43-7 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis indicated that PPIL4 gene expression is abundant in kidney but has a ubiquitously low expression pattern in other human adult tissues. ..
- Jiang M, Ma Y, Cheng H, Ni X, Guo L, Xie Y, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human gene (HSPBAP1) from human fetal brain. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;95:48-51 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis indicated that HSPBAP1 was abundant in thymus and pancreas but had a ubiquitously low expression pattern in other human adult tissues except for brain where it was absent. ..
- Cheng H, Ma Y, Ni X, Jiang M, Luo Y, Ying K, et al. Cloning, mapping, and characterization of the human Rab3C gene. Biochem Genet. 2002;40:263-72 pubmed..The Rab3C gene consisted of 6 exons spanning more than 310 kb of human genomic DNA. Rab3A, Rab3B, and Rab3D have been mapped to three different chromosomes, suggesting that they are not transcripts of the same gene. ..
- Dai J, Xie Y, Wu Q, Wang L, Yin G, Ye X, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-like 2 (HSDL2) cDNA from fetal brain. Biochem Genet. 2003;41:165-74 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis shows that the HSDL2 gene is widely expressed in human tissues and the expression levels in liver, kidney, prostate, testis, and ovary are relatively high. ..
- Xu Y, Wang J, Wang S, Wang J, Chen X. Characterization of GaWRKY1, a cotton transcription factor that regulates the sesquiterpene synthase gene (+)-delta-cadinene synthase-A. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:507-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GaWRKY1 participates in regulation of sesquiterpene biosynthesis in cotton, and CAD1-A is a target gene of this transcription factor...
- Chen Z, Pang Y, Liu X, Wang X, Deng Z, Sun X, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel mannose-binding lectin cDNA from Zantedeschia aethiopica. Biocell. 2005;29:187-93 pubmed..Southern blot analysis of the genomic DNA revealed that zaa belonged to a multi-copy gene family. ..
- Qi M, Luo L, Cheng H, Zhu J, Yu G. Characteristics of the LrhA subfamily of transcriptional regulators from Sinorhizobium meliloti. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2008;40:166-73 pubmed..These findings could provide new clues to the roles of the LysR gene family. ..