Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Jinan, Shandong Sheng, China
Locale: Jinan, Shandong Sheng, China
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Zhang W, Kou Y, Xu J, Cao Y, Zhao G, Shao J, et al. Two major facilitator superfamily sugar transporters from Trichoderma reesei and their roles in induction of cellulase biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:32861-72 pubmed publisher..These data thus shed new light on the mechanism by which T. reesei senses and transmits the cellulose signal and offers potential strategies for strain improvement. ..
- Li Y, Chen G, Liu W. Multiple metabolic signals influence GAL gene activation by modulating the interaction of Gal80p with the transcriptional activator Gal4p. Mol Microbiol. 2010;78:414-28 pubmed..These results indicate that multiple metabolic signals exist to facilitate the efficient and appropriate dissociation of Gal80p from Gal4p by Gal3p to achieve the fully active state of Gal4p in the nucleus. ..
- Wang F, Gao C, Yang C, Xu P. Optimization of an ethanol production medium in very high gravity fermentation. Biotechnol Lett. 2007;29:233-6 pubmed..Concentrations of Mg(2+) and peptone were identified as the critical factors: 50 mM Mg(2+) and 1.5% (w/v) peptone in the medium increased the final ethanol titre from 14.2% (v/v) to 17% (v/v) in 48 h. ..
- Hou J, Suo F, Wang C, Li X, Shen Y, Bao X. Fine-tuning of NADH oxidase decreases byproduct accumulation in respiration deficient xylose metabolic Saccharomyces cerevisiae. BMC Biotechnol. 2014;14:13 pubmed publisher..The optimal NADH oxidase expression levels depend on metabolic pathways. Similar cofactor engineering strategies could maximize the production of other redox dependent metabolites. ..
- Fu J, Hou J, Liu L, Chen L, Wang M, Shen Y, et al. Interplay between BDF1 and BDF2 and their roles in regulating the yeast salt stress response. FEBS J. 2013;280:1991-2001 pubmed publisher..This physical interaction increased the salt tolerance of bdf1?. The mitochondrial dysfunctions caused by BDF1 deletion were restored by overexpression of BDF2 under salt stress conditions. ..
- Shen Y, Chen X, Peng B, Chen L, Hou J, Bao X. An efficient xylose-fermenting recombinant Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain obtained through adaptive evolution and its global transcription profile. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;96:1079-91 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the deletion of PHO13 decreased the xylose growth in the respiration deficiency strain although deleting PHO13 can improve the xylose metabolism in other strains. ..
- Liu X, Yang H, Zhang X, Liu L, Lei M, Zhang Z, et al. Bdf1p deletion affects mitochondrial function and causes apoptotic cell death under salt stress. FEMS Yeast Res. 2009;9:240-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the bromodomain-containing protein, Bdf1p, is involved in the regulation of apoptosis in yeast cells. ..
- Liang M, Chen M, Liu X, Zhai Y, Liu X, Zhang H, et al. Bioconversion of D-galactose to D-tagatose: continuous packed bed reaction with an immobilized thermostable L-arabinose isomerase and efficient purification by selective microbial degradation. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;93:1469-74 pubmed publisher..The established production and separation methods further potentiate the industrial production of D-tagatose via bioconversion and biopurification processes...
- Chen L, Liu L, Wang M, Fu J, Zhang Z, Hou J, et al. Hal2p functions in Bdf1p-involved salt stress response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62110 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed new light towards our understanding about the molecular mechanism of Bdf1p-involved salt stress response in budding yeast. ..
- Zhang X, Shen Y, Shi W, Bao X. Ethanolic cofermentation with glucose and xylose by the recombinant industrial strain Saccharomyces cerevisiae NAN-127 and the effect of furfural on xylitol production. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:7104-10 pubmed publisher..The results are important to the application of strain NAN-127 in the lignocellulosic ethanol process...
- Wang C, Shen Y, Zhang Y, Suo F, Hou J, Bao X. Improvement of L-arabinose fermentation by modifying the metabolic pathway and transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:461204 pubmed publisher..075?h(-1), a maximum specific L-arabinose consumption rate of 0.61?g?h(-1)?g(-1) dry cell weight, and a promising ethanol yield of 0.43?g?g(-1) from L-arabinose fermentation. ..
- Wang X, Xu W, Zhang X, Zhao X, Yu X, Wang J. A C-type lectin is involved in the innate immune response of Chinese white shrimp. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:556-62 pubmed publisher..Besides, pull-down assay showed that the recombinant protein could interact with VP28, one major envelope protein of WSSV. These results suggested that FcLec3 might function in the recognition of bacterial and viral pathogens in shrimp...