Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Qingdao, Shandong Sheng, China
Locale: Qingdao, Shandong Sheng, China
Publications625 found, 100 shown here
- Xu G, Zhan W, Ding B, Sheng X. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of polymeric immunoglobulin receptor in flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:653-60 pubmed publisher..All these results indicated that flounder pIgR probably involved in the pIgs transport and provided insights into the roles of fish pIgR in the mucosal immunity. ..
- Gao J, Wang J, Jiang J, Fan L, Wang W, Liu J, et al. Identification and characterization of a nanog homolog in Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Gene. 2013;531:411-21 pubmed publisher..The promoter region was also analyzed to have several basal core promoter elements and transcription factor binding sites. All these results suggest that Po-Nanog may have a conservative function between teleosts and mammals. ..
- Pathirana A, Diao M, Huang S, Zuo L, Liang Y. Alpha 2 macroglobulin is a maternally-derived immune factor in amphioxus embryos: New evidence for defense roles of maternal immune components in invertebrate chordate. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;50:21-6 pubmed publisher..coli cells directly. All these points come to a result that A2m is a maternal immune factor existing in eggs of invertebrate chordate, which may be involved in defense their embryos against harmful microbes' attacks. ..
- Wang X, He G, Mai K, Xu W, Zhou H. Differential regulation of taurine biosynthesis in rainbow trout and Japanese flounder. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21231 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results determined new aspects of taurine biosynthesis regulation across species. ..
- Qu J, Xu Y, Liu J, Zeng J, Chen Y, Zhou W, et al. Thermo- and pH-responsive polymer brushes-grafted gigaporous polystyrene microspheres as a high-speed protein chromatography matrix. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1441:60-7 pubmed publisher..A separation mechanism of this matrix was also proposed. All results indicate that the dual thermo- and pH-responsive chromatography matrix has great potentials in 'green' high-speed protein chromatography. ..
- Li X, Qin L, Zhu H, Sun Y, Cui X, Gao Y, et al. Identification of a linear B-cell epitope on the avian leukosis virus P27 protein using monoclonal antibodies. Arch Virol. 2016;161:2871-7 pubmed publisher..MAb 3A9 might be a valuable tool for the development of new immunodiagnostic approaches for ALV, and the defined linear epitope might help further our understanding of the antigenic structure of the P27 protein. ..
- Fu X, Kim S. Agarase: review of major sources, categories, purification method, enzyme characteristics and applications. Mar Drugs. 2010;8:200-18 pubmed publisher..The paper reviews the category, source, purification method, major characteristics, and application fields of these native and gene cloned agarases in the past, present, and future...
- Ren S, Liu Y, Ma J, Liu Y, Diao Z, Yang D, et al. Treatment of rabbit intervertebral disc degeneration with co-transfection by adeno-associated virus-mediated SOX9 and osteogenic protein-1 double genes in vivo. Int J Mol Med. 2013;32:1063-8 pubmed publisher..It can therefore be concluded that dual-gene therapy has a synergistic effect. ..
- Cui Q, Yung W, Xue Y, Chen L. Substance P excites globus pallidus neurons in vivo. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:1853-61 pubmed..Combining electrophysiological and behavioural findings, we concluded that substance P produces excitatory effects on globus pallidus neurons via neurokinin-1 receptors. ..
- Zhang D, Fujii I, Lin C, Ito K, Guan H, Zhao J, et al. The stimulatory activities of polysaccharide compounds derived from algae extracts on insulin secretion in vitro. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:921-4 pubmed..Algae-derived extracts could be candidates for a new class of anti-diabetic drugs. ..
- Wang B, Mo Z, Xiao P, Li J, Zou Y, Hao B, et al. EseD, a putative T3SS translocon component of Edwardsiella tarda, contributes to virulence in fish and is a candidate for vaccine development. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2010;12:678-85 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that EseD protein may be a candidate antigen for development of a subunit vaccine against Edwardsiellosis. ..
- Chi J, Liu F, Weber E, Li Y, Crozier S. GPU-accelerated FDTD modeling of radio-frequency field-tissue interactions in high-field MRI. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2011;58:1789-96 pubmed publisher..The GPU-enabled acceleration paves the way for FDTD to be applied for both detailed forward modeling and inverse design of MRI coils, which were previously impractical. ..
- Li Q, Liu Q, Huang J. VP90 of white spot syndrome virus interacts with VP26 and VP28. Acta Virol. 2012;56:57-62 pubmed..These results suggest that VP90 is anchored to the envelope through interacting with VP26 and VP28. ..
- Li A, Ma J, Cao J, McCarron P. Toxins in mussels (Mytilus galloprovincialis) associated with diarrhetic shellfish poisoning episodes in China. Toxicon. 2012;60:420-5 pubmed publisher..Further research is required to broaden the knowledge on the occurrence of lipophilic toxins in Chinese shellfish. ..
- Zhang J, Li P, Tang X, Qi X, Li G. Cytotoxic tetraprenylated alkaloids from the South China Sea gorgonian Euplexaura robusta. Chem Biodivers. 2012;9:2218-24 pubmed publisher..35 to 10.82 ?M. Compound 6 also showed moderate inhibitory activity against c-Met kinase at a concentration of 10 ?M. ..
- Wang K, Long B, Li N, Li L, Liu C, Dong Y, et al. MicroRNA-2861 regulates programmed necrosis in cardiomyocyte by impairing adenine nucleotide translocase 1 expression. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;91:58-67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data identify miR-2861 and ANT1 as two novel regulators of cardiomyocyte necrosis and myocardial infarction, and suggest potential therapeutic targets in treatment of cardiac diseases. ..
- Zhao M, Song Y, Niu H, Tian Y, Yang X, Xie K, et al. Adenovirus-mediated downregulation of the ubiquitin ligase RNF8 sensitizes bladder cancer to radiotherapy. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8956-67 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicated that RNF8 might be a novel target for bladder cancer treatment. ..
- Song H, Yu Z, Sun L, Gao Y, Zhang T, Wang H. De novo transcriptome sequencing and analysis of Rapana venosa from six different developmental stages using Hi-seq 2500. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2016;17:48-57 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanism of early development and metamorphosis would benefit antifouling research and aquaculture of R. venosa. ..
- Li X, Sun L. Toll-like receptor 2 of tongue sole Cynoglossus semilaevis: Signaling pathway and involvement in bacterial infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;51:321-328 pubmed publisher..Under both inÂ vitro and inÂ vivo conditions, rCsTLR2 significantly reduced bacterial infection. These observations add new insights into the signaling and function of teleost TLR2. ..
- Yang X, Guan Y, Tian S, Wang Y, Sun K, Chen Q. Mechanical and IL-1? Responsive miR-365 Contributes to Osteoarthritis Development by Targeting Histone Deacetylase 4. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:436 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of the expression of miR-365 in articular chondrocytes by miR-365 inhibitor may be a potent therapeutic target for the prevention and treatment of osteoarthritis. ..
- Liu T, Wang X, You X, Chen D, Li Y, Wang F. Oxidative stress and gene expression of earthworm (Eisenia fetida) to clothianidin. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;142:489-496 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the present results showed that superoxide dismutase (SOD), DNA damage and heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) may be good indicators for environmental risk assessment of clothianidin to earthworms. ..
- Zhao T, Zhang Q, Qi H, Liu X, Li Z. Extension of life span and improvement of vitality of Drosophila melanogaster by long-term supplementation with different molecular weight polysaccharides from Porphyra haitanensis. Pharmacol Res. 2008;57:67-72 pubmed publisher..It seems that P1 and P2, possessed higher molecular weight, may be more useful in normal metabolic condition and P3, possessed the lowest molecular weight, may be more beneficial for D. melanogaster in stress condition. ..
- Gao F, Yang H, Xu Q, Wang F, Liu G, German D. Phenotypic plasticity of gut structure and function during periods of inactivity in Apostichopus japonicus. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;150:255-62 pubmed publisher..A. japonicus clearly exhibits phenotypic plasticity (or life-cycle staging) of the digestive tract during its annual inactive period. ..
- Li L, Wang H, Wang B. Anergic cells generated by blocking CD28 and CD40 costimulatory pathways in vitro ameliorate collagen induced arthritis. Cell Immunol. 2008;254:39-45 pubmed publisher..This effective treatment is associated with a reduction in IFN-gamma production and through cell-cell contact. Our results suggest that anergic cells may be beneficial for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Liu Z, Xu Y, Wu L, Zhang S. Evolution of galanin receptor genes: insights from the deuterostome genomes. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2010;28:97-106 pubmed..We also proposed that Galr3 genes were the products of Galr2 duplication during evolution, while Galr2 genes may evolve from Galr1. ..
- Zhao Q, Liu Z, Xue Y, Wang J, Li H, Tang Q, et al. Ds-echinoside A, a new triterpene glycoside derived from sea cucumber, exhibits antimetastatic activity via the inhibition of NF-?B-dependent MMP-9 and VEGF expressions. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2011;12:534-44 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that DSEA exhibits a significant anti-metastatic activity through the specific inhibition of NF-?B-dependent MMP-9 and VEGF expressions. ..
- Li G, Chen S, Wang Y, Xue Y, Chang Y, Li Z, et al. A novel glycosaminoglycan-like polysaccharide from abalone Haliotis discus hannai Ino: purification, structure identification and anticoagulant activity. Int J Biol Macromol. 2011;49:1160-6 pubmed publisher..5 U/mg and 72.0 U/mg compared with standard heparin, respectively. The anticoagulant property of AAP was mainly attributed to powerful potentiation thrombin by anti-thrombin III. ..
- Zuo R, Ai Q, Mai K, Xu W, Wang J, Xu H, et al. Effects of dietary n-3 highly unsaturated fatty acids on growth, nonspecific immunity, expression of some immune related genes and disease resistance of large yellow croaker (Larmichthys crocea) following natural infestation of parasites (Cryptocaryo. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:249-58 pubmed publisher
- Niu Z, Li X, Hu B, Li R, Wang L, Wu L, et al. Small interfering RNA targeted to secretory clusterin blocks tumor growth, motility, and invasion in breast cancer. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2012;44:991-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that secretory clusterin plays a significant role in tumor growth and metastatic progression. Knocking-down sClu gene expression may provide a valuable method for breast cancer therapy. ..
- Zhao H, Shao C, Li Z, Han L, Cao F, Wang C. Bioactive pregnane steroids from a South China Sea gorgonian Carijoa sp. Molecules. 2013;18:3458-66 pubmed publisher..33, 11.02 and 18.68 µM, respectively. Additionally, compound 1 exhibited promising antibacterial activity against Pseudomona puido, with a MIC value of 31 nM, which is approximately 5-fold more potent than ciprofloxacin (MIC = 156 nM). ..
- Chen S, Zhang Y, Xu M, Ji X, Yu G, Dong C. Molecular polymorphism and expression analysis of MHC class II B gene from red sea bream (Chrysophrys major). Dev Comp Immunol. 2006;30:407-18 pubmed
- Lu Y, Li C, Dong Q. Chinese herb related molecules of cancer-cell-apoptosis: a minireview of progress between Kanglaite injection and related genes. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2008;27:31 pubmed publisher..In this review, the relationship between KLT and some tumor cell apoptosis molecules had been discussed and reviewed generally. ..
- Sun K, Zhang W, Hou J, Sun L. Immunoprotective analysis of VhhP2, a Vibrio harveyi vaccine candidate. Vaccine. 2009;27:2733-40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that VhhP2 may be applied as a vaccine and a vaccine carrier against infections by V. harveyi and other pathogens such as E. tarda. ..
- Shi W, Liu J, Li M, Gao H, Wang T. Expression of MMP, HPSE, and FAP in stroma promoted corneal neovascularization induced by different etiological factors. Curr Eye Res. 2010;35:967-77 pubmed publisher..The corneal neovascularization induced by different etiological factors have different morphologies. The inflammation and the expression of MMP, HPSE, and FAP in stroma may serve as pioneers for the growth of corneal neovascularization. ..
- He Y, Xu T, Han Y, Shi X, Zhang X. Phenotypic diversity of Edwardsiella tarda isolated from different origins. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2011;53:294-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, evaluation of virulence-associated characteristics can provide useful information for unveiling the diverse pathogenic mechanisms of E. tarda. ..
- Li D, Xu Y, Shao C, Yang R, Zheng C, Chen Y, et al. Antibacterial bisabolane-type sesquiterpenoids from the sponge-derived fungus Aspergillus sp. Mar Drugs. 2012;10:234-41 pubmed publisher..25 and 20.0 µM. The cytotoxic, antifouling, and acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activities of these compounds were also examined. ..
- Jiao S, Ren H, Li Y, Zhou J, Duan C, Lu L. Differential regulation of IGF-I and IGF-II gene expression in skeletal muscle cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;373:107-13 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a previously unrecognized negative feedback mechanism and extend our knowledge of IGF-I and IGF-II gene expression and regulation during myogenesis. ..
- Fan X, Qiao H, Xu D, Cao S, Zhang X, Wang Y, et al. Complete mitochondrial genome of the sea slug, Placida sp., contains unusual noncoding regions. Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:219-21 pubmed publisher..and Placida dendritica are closely related to Elysia chlorotica as a sister taxon, which strongly supports their close phylogenetic affinity. ..
- Ren X, Yu X, Gao B, Li J, Liu P. The immune responses and antioxidant status of Portunus trituberculatus individuals with different body weights. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;51:337-345 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that, compared with the SIs, the BIs possessed a higher resistance to V.Â alginolyticus infection. ..
- Long L, Chen J, Zhang Y, Liang X, Ni H, Zhang B, et al. Comparison of porous and nano zinc oxide for replacing high-dose dietary regular zinc oxide in weaning piglets. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182550 pubmed publisher..Compared with nano ZnO, porous ZnO had better performance on reducing diarrhea but less effect on up-regulation of intestinal TFF3 and Nrf2...
- Wang H, Li N, Zhu C, Shi S, Jin H, Wang S. Anti-complementary activity of two homogeneous polysaccharides from Eclipta prostrata. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:887-893 pubmed publisher..Preliminary mechanism study indicated that both EAP20-1 and EAP20-2 inhibited the activation of the complement system by interacting with C1q, C1r, C1s, C2, C4, C5, C7, and C9 components. ..
- Chen S, Wang Z, Xu M, Gui J. Molecular identification and expression analysis of natural resistance associated macrophage protein (Nramp) cDNA from Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2006;20:365-73 pubmed publisher..The level of Nramp mRNA in embryos gradually increases during embryogenesis from 4 h (8 cell stage) to 80 h (hatched stage) after fertilization...
- Fu C, Song W, Li Y. Monoclonal antibodies developed for detection of an epizootic virus associated with mass mortalities of cultured scallop Chlamys farreri. Dis Aquat Organ. 2005;65:17-22 pubmed..Cytopathological changes and focal lesions corresponding to virus-positive cells were clearly recognized in the affected epithelia, revealing a potential role of this virus in pathogenesis. ..
- Guo X, Zheng L, Cui Z, Han P, Tian L, Wang X. [Antibacterial activity of sponge associated marine bacterium Pseudoalteromonas sp. NJ6-3-1 regulated by quorum sensing]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2008;48:545-50 pubmed..The results provide preliminary evidence to support the hypothesis that the antibacterial activity of NJ6-3-1 was regulated by the quorum sensing system of intraspecies and interspecies. ..
- Tian J, Yu J, Sun X. Chitosan microspheres as candidate plasmid vaccine carrier for oral immunisation of Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008;126:220-9 pubmed publisher..Because this encapsulation technique was easy to operate and immunisation efficacy of microspheres loaded with pDNA was significant, it had potential to be used in drug delivery applications. ..
- Zhang L, Xiao C, Wang J, Zhang L, Zeng Y. Activation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinases 5 in the spinal cord contributes to the neuropathic pain behaviors induced by CCI in rats. Neurol Res. 2009;31:1037-43 pubmed publisher..The activation of ERK5 pathways contributes to neuropathic pain in CCI rats, and the function of pERK5 may partly be accomplished via the CREB protein-dependent gene expression. ..
- Xu T, Chen S, Ji X, Sha Z. Molecular cloning, genomic structure, polymorphism and expression analysis of major histocompatibility complex class IIA and IIB genes of half-smooth tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:192-201 pubmed publisher..Challenge of half-smooth tongue sole with the pathogenic bacteria, Vibrio anguillarum, resulted in significant changes in the expression of MHC IIA and IIB mRNA in three tissues...
- Gai Y, Wang L, Song L, Zhao J, Qiu L, Xing K. A putative endocrine factor SIBD (single insulin binding domain protein) involved in immune response of Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:10-7 pubmed publisher..anguillarum stimulation collectively implied that EsSIBD was probably involved in endocrine and immune systems of Chinese mitten crab, and provided insight into the cross-talk between the invertebrate endocrine and immune system. ..
- Chen P, Yin H, Wang Y, Mi J, He W, Xie L, et al. Multi-gene targeted antiangiogenic therapies for experimental corneal neovascularization. Mol Vis. 2010;16:310-9 pubmed..The combination of multiple anti-angiogenic genes might be necessary for effective therapy of corneal NV, although each of these pathways makes a potential target for the treatment of this disease. ..
- Gu Y, Mi W, Ge Y, Liu H, Fan Q, Han C, et al. GlcNAcylation plays an essential role in breast cancer metastasis. Cancer Res. 2010;70:6344-51 pubmed publisher..These results also suggest that GlcNAcylation might be a potential target for the diagnosis and therapy of breast cancer. ..
- Wang L, Baruah K, Fan T, Yu M, Bossier P. Influence of heat shock proteins induction in different yeast cell wall mutants on the protection against Vibrio campbellii infection in gnotobiotically grown Artemia franciscana (Kellogg). J Fish Dis. 2010;33:919-23 pubmed
- Tang P, Yu Z, Zhang K, Wang Y, Ma Z, Zhang S, et al. Slug down-regulation by RNA interference inhibits invasion growth in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Gastroenterol. 2011;11:60 pubmed publisher..Slug down-regulation promotes cell apoptosis and decreases invasion capability in vitro and in vivo. Slug inhibition may represent a novel strategy for treatment of metastatic ESCC. ..
- Zhang G, Sun S, Zhu T, Lin Z, Gu J, Li D, et al. Antiviral isoindolone derivatives from an endophytic fungus Emericella sp. associated with Aegiceras corniculatum. Phytochemistry. 2011;72:1436-42 pubmed publisher..Their structures were elucidated on the basis of NMR spectroscopic evidence while the anti-influenza A viral (H?N?) activities of eight compounds were also evaluated using the cytopathic effect (CPE) inhibition assay...
- Cao L, Huang W, Shan X, Ye Z, Dou S. Tissue-specific accumulation of cadmium and its effects on antioxidative responses in Japanese flounder juveniles. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012;33:16-25 pubmed publisher..The gill was most sensitive to oxidative damage, followed by the liver; the kidney was the least affected tissue...
- Duan Y, Liu P, Li J, Li J, Chen P. Expression profiles of selenium dependent glutathione peroxidase and glutathione S-transferase from Exopalaemon carinicauda in response to Vibrio anguillarum and WSSV challenge. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:661-70 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that EcGPx and EcGST might be associated with the immune defenses to V. anguillarum and WSSV in E. carinicauda...
- Qi X, Liu G, Qiu L, Lin X, Liu M. Marine bromophenol bis(2,3-dibromo-4,5-dihydroxybenzyl) ether, represses angiogenesis in HUVEC cells and in zebrafish embryos via inhibiting the VEGF signal systems. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;75:58-66 pubmed publisher..The results of this present study indicated that BDDE, which has unique chemical structure different from current antiangiogenesis agents, could be used as a potential drug candidate for cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Huang B, Zhang L, Du Y, Li L, Tang X, Zhang G. Molecular characterization and functional analysis of tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 2 in the Pacific oyster. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;48:12-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrated that CgTRAF2 might play important roles in the innate immunity and larval development of the Pacific oyster. ..
- Li X, Xu Q, Luo J, Wang L, Jiang B, Zhang R, et al. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of uncharged catechol derivatives as selective inhibitors of PTP1B. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;136:348-359 pubmed publisher..The similarity of its action profiling with that produced by insulin suggested its potential as a new non-insulin-dependent drug candidate. ..
- Wang X, Wang M, Jia Z, Song X, Wang L, Song L. A shell-formation related carbonic anhydrase in Crassostrea gigas modulates intracellular calcium against CO2 exposure: Implication for impacts of ocean acidification on mollusk calcification. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:216-228 pubmed publisher..The results indicated CgCA played essential roles in calcification and elevated CO2 accelerated the mutual modulation between calcium and CgCA, implying reduced calcification rate and dissolved shells under OA. ..
- Ji D, Song W, Al Rasheid K, Li L. Taxonomic characterization of two marine peritrichous ciliates, Pseudovorticella clampi n. sp. and Zoothamnium pararbuscula n. sp. (Ciliophora: Peritrichia), from North China. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2005;52:159-69 pubmed..8S rDNA sequence analysis. Pseudovorticella clampi n. sp. is distinguished from its congeners by its body shape and size, pellicle granules, habitat, and number of transverse silverlines...
- Han L, Niu Y. [Toll-like receptors and nervous system disease]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2007;9:90-2 pubmed
- Ye H, Chen S, Xu J. Molecular cloning and characterization of the Myf5 gene in sea perch (Lateolabrax japonicus). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;147:452-9 pubmed..Further, Myf5 mRNA was expressed in several sea perch cell lines such as LJES1, LJHK, LJH-1, LJH-2, LJS, LJL, although its expression level varied greatly among different cell lines. ..
- Liu J, Pan L, Zhang L, Miao J, Wang J. Immune responses, ROS generation and the haemocyte damage of scallop Chlamys farreri exposed to Aroclor 1254. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;26:422-8 pubmed publisher..Also it supports the speculation that the PCBs pollution is one of the important reasons of the mass mortality of the C. farreri. ..
- Liu H, Zhao Y, Zheng D, Lv Y, Zhang W, Xu T, et al. Multiplex RT-PCR for rapid detection and differentiation of class I and class II Newcastle disease viruses. J Virol Methods. 2011;171:149-55 pubmed publisher..This genotype has become predominantly responsible for most outbreaks of ND in China in recent years. In conclusion, this multiplex RT-PCR provides a new assay for rapid detection and differentiation of both classes of NDV isolates. ..
- Bao J, Zhao W, Li L, Wang Z, Wu G, Wu X, et al. [Sequence analysis of the phosphoprotein gene of peste des petits ruminants virus of Chinese origin]. Bing Du Xue Bao. 2011;27:26-33 pubmed..10%-97.3%, 84.3%-94.9%, and 82.9%-96.3% for P, C, and V proteins respectively. Several sequence motifs in the P genes were identified on the basis of conservation in the PPRVs and the morbilliviruses...
- Zhao Y, Zhang W, Xu W, Mai K, Zhang Y, Liufu Z. Effects of potential probiotic Bacillus subtilis T13 on growth, immunity and disease resistance against Vibrio splendidus infection in juvenile sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:750-5 pubmed publisher..05). The present study confirmed the potential beneficial effects of B. subtilis T13 as dietary probiotic in juvenile A. japonicus. ..
- Dai L, Zheng X, Kong L, Li Q. DNA barcoding analysis of Coleoidea (Mollusca: Cephalopoda) from Chinese waters. Mol Ecol Resour. 2012;12:437-47 pubmed publisher..This study confirms the efficacy of DNA barcoding for identifying species as well as discovering cryptic diversity of Chinese coleoids. It also lays a foundation for other ecological and biological studies of Coleoidea. ..
- Song C, Cui Z, Liu Y, Wang S, Li Q. First report of two thioredoxin homologues in crustaceans: molecular characterization, genomic organization and expression pattern in swimming crab Portunus trituberculatus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;32:855-61 pubmed publisher..These results together indicate that PtTrxs should be involved in the responses to pathogen challenge of P. trituberculatus. ..
- Zhao J, Wang Z, Mashayekhi H, Mayer P, Chefetz B, Xing B. Pulmonary surfactant suppressed phenanthrene adsorption on carbon nanotubes through solubilization and competition as examined by passive dosing technique. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:5369-77 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the two mechanisms on how pulmonary surfactants can enhance desorption and thus possibly biological absorption of phenanthrene adsorbed on CNTs. ..
- Luo X, Davis J. Electrical biosensors and the label free detection of protein disease biomarkers. Chem Soc Rev. 2013;42:5944-62 pubmed publisher..We introduce their mechanistic features and examples of application and sensitivity. The current state of the art, real world applications and challenges are outlined. ..
- Zhang H, Li H, Li Y, Zou Y, Dong X, Song W, et al. IL-17 plays a central role in initiating experimental Candida albicans infection in mouse corneas. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:2671-82 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IL-17, mainly produced by neutrophils and CD4? T cells in the corneas, is essential in the pathogenesis of CaK. ..
- Xu L, Qu Z, Guo F, Pang M, Gao S, Zhu H, et al. Effects of ghrelin on gastric distention sensitive neurons in the arcuate nucleus of hypothalamus and gastric motility in diabetic rats. Peptides. 2013;48:137-46 pubmed publisher..Our data provide new experimental evidence for the role of ghrelin in gastric motility disorder in diabetes. ..
- Wang B, Liu Q, Liu X, Xu Y, Shi B. Molecular characterization of Kiss2 receptor and in vitro effects of Kiss2 on reproduction-related gene expression in the hypothalamus of half-smooth tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;249:55-63 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study provides novel information on the role of Kiss2/Kiss2R system in the reproductive function of teleosts. ..
- Yu H, Liu X, Xing R, Liu S, Li C, Li P. Radical scavenging activity of protein from tentacles of jellyfish Rhopilema esculentum. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005;15:2659-64 pubmed..The radical scavenging activity was stable at high temperature so that R. esculentum may be used as a kind of natural functional food...
- Hu J, Zhang S, Yang M. Concerted action between Ca2+ and hyperosmolality initiates sperm motility in amphioxus Branchiostoma belcheri tsingtauense. Theriogenology. 2006;65:441-50 pubmed..In conclusion, we inferred that a concerted action between Ca(2+) and hyperosmolality was essential to initiate motility of amphioxus sperm, whereas K(+) and pH were indispensable to maintain motility...
- Du C, Niu R, Chu E, Zhang P, Lin X. Sequence analysis and functional study of thymidylate synthase from zebrafish, Danio rerio. J Biochem. 2006;139:913-20 pubmed..1-CMV/TS, was constructed which targeted the protein-coding region of zebrafish TS mRNA. Significant change in the development of tail and epiboly was found in zebrafish embryos microinjected pSilencer4.1-CMV/TS siRNA expression vector. ..
- Zhao B, Zhang S, Wang Y, Liu Z, Kong D. Characterization and expression of p23 gene in the amphioxus Branchiostoma belcheri. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;145:10-5 pubmed
- Zhang H, Chen H, Niu J, Wang Y, Xie L. Role of adaptive immunity in the pathogenesis of Candida albicans keratitis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:2653-9 pubmed publisher..Innate immunity had been thought to be critical in the pathogenesis and prognosis of fungal keratitis. This study was conducted to determine whether experimental Candida albicans keratitis (CaK) induces an adaptive immune response...
- Dang H, Zhao J, Song L, Chen M, Chang Y. Molecular characterizations of chloramphenicol- and oxytetracycline-resistant bacteria and resistance genes in mariculture waters of China. Mar Pollut Bull. 2009;58:987-94 pubmed publisher..Comparative studies with different antimicrobial agents as the starting isolation reagents may help detect a wider diversity of the antimicrobial-resistant bacteria and their resistance genes. ..
- Ge K, Chen W, Xie J, Wong M. Ginsenoside Rg1 protects against 6-OHDA-induced toxicity in MES23.5 cells via Akt and ERK signaling pathways. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;127:118-23 pubmed publisher..5 cells. Its mechanism includes the up-regulation of Bcl-2 gene expression, the activation of Akt phoshphorylation as well as the inhibition of ERK1/2 phosphorylation induced by 6-OHDA. ..
- Liu L, Yang J, Qiu L, Wang L, Zhang H, Wang M, et al. A novel scavenger receptor-cysteine-rich (SRCR) domain containing scavenger receptor identified from mollusk mediated PAMP recognition and binding. Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:227-39 pubmed publisher..All the results indicated that CfSR, the most primitive SR identified to date, was a versatile PRR involved in immune recognition, and the existence of functional SR might trace back to at least mollusk phylum. ..
- Zhou Z, Wang L, Yang J, Zhang H, Kong P, Wang M, et al. A dopamine beta hydroxylase from Chlamys farreri and its induced mRNA expression in the haemocytes after LPS stimulation. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:154-62 pubmed publisher..The results suggested pathogen infections significantly induced the expression level of CfDBH, and the activation of DBH could influence the immune response of scallop C. farreri through changing the concentration of catecholamines. ..
- Dang W, Zhang M, Sun L. Edwardsiella tarda DnaJ is a virulence-associated molecular chaperone with immunoprotective potential. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:182-8 pubmed publisher..tarda probably by functioning as a DnaK partner and that DnaJ, with its immunoprotective property, may be useful in the control of E. tarda infection in aquaculture. ..
- Sun C, Hu L, Liu S, Hu G, Zhang S. Antiviral activity of phosvitin from zebrafish Danio rerio. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;40:28-34 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Pv possesses an antiviral activity and participates in immune defense of host against the infection by viruses like LCDV. ..
- Liang J, Zhang B, Shen R, Liu J, Gao M, Geng X, et al. The effect of antifibrotic drug halofugine on Th17 cells in concanavalin A-induced liver fibrosis. Scand J Immunol. 2014;79:163-72 pubmed publisher..We concluded that HF (10 mg/kg) exerts an antifibrotic impact on Th17 cells and its relative cytokines in rats with ConA-induced fibrosis. ..
- Zhang T, Li L, Qin X, Zhou Y, Zhang X, Wang L, et al. Di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate and bisphenol A exposure impairs mouse primordial follicle assembly in vitro. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2014;55:343-53 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BPA and DEHP exposures impair mouse primordial follicle assembly in vitro. ..