Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phenotype in Shenyang, Liaoning, China
Locale: Shenyang, Liaoning, China
- Xu Z, Yu L, Zhang X. Association between the hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism and lung cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis based on 22,475 subjects. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:144 pubmed publisher..000). Our data showed that the hOGG1 Ser326Cys polymorphism contributed to the risk of lung cancer. The virtual slides for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/3842531131031605. ..
- Zheng H, Nakamura T, Zheng Y, Nakanishi Y, Tabuchi Y, Uchiyama A, et al. SV40 T antigen disrupted the cell metabolism and the balance between proliferation and apoptosis in lens tumors of transgenic mice. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2009;135:1521-32 pubmed publisher..05), but lower than the others (P < 0.05). SV40 T antigen remarkably targeted the cell metabolism and disrupted the balance between proliferation and apoptosis during the lens carcinogenesis and following progression. ..
- Dongya M, Wencheng X, Xiaobo M, Lu W. Transition mutations in 23S rRNA account for acquired resistance to macrolides in Ureaplasma urealyticum. Microb Drug Resist. 2008;14:183-6 pubmed publisher..No mutation was found in the ATCC 27618. The mechanisms of Uu resistance to ROM and AZM may be associated with the C2243N (T or C) mutation in 23S rRNA. Further studies are necessary to confirm this hypothesis. ..
- Dai H, Han G, Yan Y, Zhang F, Liu Z, Li X, et al. Transcript assembly and quantification by RNA-Seq reveals differentially expressed genes between soft-endocarp and hard-endocarp hawthorns. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72910 pubmed publisher..The high quality ESTs generated in this study will aid future gene cloning from hawthorn. Our study provides important insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying soft endocarp formation in hawthorn. ..
- Wang H, Zhu J, Li L, Li Y, Lv H, Xu Y, et al. Effects of Nrf2 deficiency on arsenic metabolism in mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;337:111-119 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Nrf2-KO mice are more sensitive to arsenic than Nrf2-WT mainly because of differences in adaptive antioxidant detoxification capacity rather than arsenic methylation capacity. ..
- Zhan Z, Nwafor C, Hou Z, Gong J, Zhu B, Jiang Y, et al. Cytological and morphological analysis of hybrids between Brassicoraphanus, and Brassica napus for introgression of clubroot resistant trait into Brassica napus L. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177470 pubmed publisher..napus clubroot resistant cultivars. ..
- Choi S, Yu X, Dhandapani V, Li X, Wang Z, Lee S, et al. Integrated analysis of leaf morphological and color traits in different populations of Chinese cabbage (Brassica rapa ssp. pekinensis). Theor Appl Genet. 2017;130:1617-1634 pubmed publisher..These robust QTLs and their candidate genes provide useful information for further research into leaf architecture with crop breeding. ..
- Wang N, Ma H, Li Z, Gao Y, Cao X, Jiang Y, et al. Chronic unpredictable stress exacerbates surgery-induced sickness behavior and neuroinflammatory responses via glucocorticoids secretion in adult rats. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183077 pubmed publisher..Stress-induced GCs played a pivotal role in enhancing surgery-induced neuroinflammatory processes by modulation of microglia functions. ..
- Liu Y, Wang Y, Zhang Y, Miao Y, Zhao Y, Zhang P, et al. Abnormal expression of p120-catenin, E-cadherin, and small GTPases is significantly associated with malignant phenotype of human lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2009;63:375-82 pubmed publisher..Based on our results, we conclude that abnormal p120-catenin expression correlates with abnormal E-cadherin expression and specific small GTPase overexpression, which contribute to the malignancy-related to NSCLC. ..
- Deng S, Zhu G, Liu F, Zhang H, Qin X, Li L, et al. CYP4F2 gene V433M polymorphism is associated with ischemic stroke in the male Northern Chinese Han population. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2010;34:664-8 pubmed publisher..No difference was found in all participants and females. The GG genotype and G allele were associated with ischemic stroke in the male Northern Chinese Han population. ..
- Hou X, Li Y, Li J, Wang W, Fan C, Wang H, et al. Development of thyroid dysfunction and autoantibodies in Graves' multiplex families: an eight-year follow-up study in Chinese Han pedigrees. Thyroid. 2011;21:1353-8 pubmed publisher..Although smoking was negatively associated with the presence of thyroid antibodies (TPOAb/TgAb), smoking may induce or aggravate GD. ..
- Sun Z, Wang X, Lu J, Ding Q, Dong L, Zhao Y. [Correlation analysis between WNK4 gene and essential hypertension]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2003;25:145-8 pubmed..WNK4 gene were expressed in the tissues of kidney, brain, lung, heart, spleen and intestine of fetus. WNK4 gene is well correlated with essential hypertension. ..
- Liu Y, Dong Q, Wang S, Fang C, Miao Y, Wang L, et al. Abnormal expression of Pygopus 2 correlates with a malignant phenotype in human lung cancer. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:346 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that abnormal Pygo2 protein expression may be a marker for advanced NSCLC. Furthermore, Pygo2 knockdown suppresses cell growth. ..
- Wang T, Zhang M, Han Y, Zhang X, Yan C, Liang Z, et al. Lack of association between cellular repressor of E1A-stimulated genes (CREG) [corrected] polymorphisms and coronary artery disease in the Han population of North China. Clin Chim Acta. 2011;412:249-52 pubmed publisher..05). This study did not show an association between common variants of CREG and CAD in the northern Chinese Han population. ..
- Yao D, Dai C, Peng S. Mechanism of the mesenchymal-epithelial transition and its relationship with metastatic tumor formation. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:1608-20 pubmed publisher..Given the critical role of MET in metastatic tumor formation, the potential to effectively target the MET process at sites of metastasis offers new hope for inhibiting metastatic tumor formation. ..
- Xu Z, Wu R. Alteration in metastasis potential and gene expression in human lung cancer cell lines by ITGB8 silencing. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2012;295:1446-54 pubmed publisher..The ITGB8 silencing may change the lung cancer cells to a less invasive phenotype through alteration in the expression of metastasis-related genes. ..
- Tian X, Yan C, Liu M, Zhang Q, Liu D, Liu Y, et al. CREG1 heterozygous mice are susceptible to high fat diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176873 pubmed publisher..This study uncovered a novel function of CREG1 in metabolic disorders. ..
- Tang S, Wang X, Li W, Yang X, Li Z, Liu W, et al. Biallelic Mutations in CFAP43 and CFAP44 Cause Male Infertility with Multiple Morphological Abnormalities of the Sperm Flagella. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:854-864 pubmed publisher..Further investigations on other CFAP-encoding genes in more genetically unexplained MMAF-affected individuals could uncover novel mechanisms underlying sperm flagellar formation. ..
- van Triest H, Chen D, Ji X, Qi S, Li Ling J. PhenOMIM: an OMIM-based secondary database purported for phenotypic comparison. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2011;2011:3589-92 pubmed publisher..The data is freely available online for reviewing and commenting purposes and can be found at http://faculty.neu.edu.cn/bmie/han/PhenOMIM/. ..
- Du Y, Dai D, Yang Z. Role of RECK methylation in gastric cancer and its clinical significance. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:904-8 pubmed..5% (26/40), with a sensitivity of 66.7% (6/9) and a specificity of 74.2% (23/31). Aberrant methylation of RECK gene may provide useful information for the early diagnosis and treatment of peritoneal metastasis of gastric cancer. ..
- Pei F, Han Y, Zhang X, Yan C, Huang M, Deng J, et al. Association analysis of the IL-17F His161Arg polymorphism in myocardial infarction. Coron Artery Dis. 2009;20:513-7 pubmed publisher..This study indicates for the first time that, unlike other chronic inflammatory diseases, the IL-17F His161Arg polymorphism is unlikely to be a major contributor to the pathogenesis of MI. ..
- Wang J, Nakazaki T, Chen S, Chen W, Saito H, Tsukiyama T, et al. Identification and characterization of the erect-pose panicle gene EP conferring high grain yield in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Theor Appl Genet. 2009;119:85-91 pubmed publisher..Experimental results showed that EP gene markedly enhanced grain yield, chiefly by increasing number of secondary branches and number of grains on the secondary branch. EP gene also produced a remarkable increase in grain density. ..
- Gu S, Xing C, Han J, Tso M, Hong J. Differentiation of rabbit bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells into corneal epithelial cells in vivo and ex vivo. Mol Vis. 2009;15:99-107 pubmed..To examine whether bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) could be differentiated into corneal epithelial cells in vivo and ex vivo...
- Geng L, Wang Y, Zhai N, Lu Y, Song F, Chen H. Association between pemphigus vulgaris and human leukocyte antigen in Han nation of northeast China. Chin Med Sci J. 2005;20:166-70 pubmed..09%, 7.74%, and 1.89%). After P value correction, the difference was still significant between the two groups. PV significantly relates with HLA in PV patients of Han nation of northeast China. ..
- Li M, Yang J, Zhou W, Ren Y, Wang X, Chen H, et al. Activation of an AKT/FOXM1/STMN1 pathway drives resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors in lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:974-983 pubmed publisher..Our findings elucidate an additional common mechanism for TKI resistance and provide a promising therapeutic target for reversing TKI resistance in NSCLC. ..