Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Changchun, Jilin Sheng, China
Locale: Changchun, Jilin Sheng, China
Publications354 found, 100 shown here
- Liu Q, Tuo W, Gao H, Zhu X. MicroRNAs of parasites: current status and future perspectives. Parasitol Res. 2010;107:501-7 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the current status and potential functions of miRNAs in protozoan, helminths, and arthropods, and propose some perspectives for future studies. ..
- Wang C, Gao J, Zhu X, Zhao Q. Characterization of Bunostomum trigonocephalum and Bunostomum phlebotomum from sheep and cattle by internal transcribed spacers of nuclear ribosomal DNA. Res Vet Sci. 2012;92:99-102 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analyses based on the ITS sequences revealed that B. trigonocephalum and B. phlebotomum were closely related, but they represent two different species. ..
- Wang C, Zhang T, Liu J, Lu S, Zhang C, Wang E, et al. Subchronic toxicity study of corn silk with rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;137:36-43 pubmed publisher..354 and 10.308 g/day/kg body weight for males and females, respectively. The results obtained in the present study suggest that consumption of corn silk has no adverse effects and support the safety of corn silk for humans. ..
- Li J, Jin H, Li L, Shang L, Zhao Y, Wei F, et al. Detection of murine toxoplasmosis using magnetic bead-based serum peptide profiling by MALDI-TOF MS. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2012;12:462-6 pubmed publisher..i. with a sensitivity of 91.7%. The results of the present study suggest that serum peptide profiling by MALDI-TOF MS is a novel potential tool for the clinical diagnosis of acute T. gondii infection. ..
- Liu Y, Cui H, Zhuang X, Zhang P, Cui Y, Wang X, et al. Nano-hydroxyapatite surfaces grafted with electroactive aniline tetramers for bone-tissue engineering. Macromol Biosci. 2013;13:356-65 pubmed publisher..At a 15?wt% AT grafting amount, the matrix shows the best biocompatibility. ..
- Sun K, Luo L, Zhang Z, Liu S, Feng J. Molecular characteristics and evolution of the mitochondrial control region in three genera (Hipposideridae: Hipposideros Aselliscus and Coelops) of leaf-nosed bats. Mitochondrial DNA. 2013;24:451-61 pubmed publisher..Aselliscus and Coelops had a closer relationship. But the central domain could not be used for phylogenetic analyses at family and genus levels due to its high conservation. ..
- Bi H, Gao T, Liu D, Tai G, Wei M, Zhou Y. Structures of (1?6)-?-D-glucans from Bulgaria inquinans (Fries) and their immunological activities. Carbohydr Polym. 2013;93:547-52 pubmed publisher..The present results well enrich the structure-activity relationships of (1?6)-?-D-glucan, and indicate (1?6)-?-D-glucans from B. inquinans (Fries) are potential immunostimulating agents...
- Shi S, Yang W, Yang G, Zhang X, Liu Y, Zhang L, et al. Lactobacillus plantarum vaccine vector expressing hemagglutinin provides protection against H9N2 challenge infection. Virus Res. 2016;211:46-57 pubmed publisher..These results revealed that recombinant L. plantarum NC8-pSIP409-HA-DCpep is an effective vaccine candidate against H9N2 AIVs. ..
- Ibekwe A, Ma J, Murinda S, Reddy G. Bacterial community dynamics in surface flow constructed wetlands for the treatment of swine waste. Sci Total Environ. 2016;544:68-76 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that different bacterial groups were responsible for the composition of different wetland nutrients and decomposition process. This may be the major reason why most wetlands are very efficient in waste decomposition. ..
- Wang J, Lin P, Zhao H, Cheng Y, Jiang Z, Zhu H, et al. Continuing evolution of canine parvovirus in China: Isolation of novel variants with an Ala5Gly mutation in the VP2 protein. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;38:73-78 pubmed publisher..Hence, it appears that CPV-2c is still evolving in China, a finding that warrants continuous surveying and the eventual adaptation of current vaccines. ..
- Zhang J, Wang S, Yang S, Yi J, Liu Y, Xi J. DIFFERENTIAL PROTEOME ANALYSIS OF THE MALE AND FEMALE ANTENNAE FROM Holotrichia parallela. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2016;92:274-87 pubmed publisher..Alterations in the levels of some proteins were further confirmed by real time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). The proteomic resources displayed here are valuable for the discovery of proteins from H. parallela antennae. ..
- Ma Y, Guo J, Shi N, Tang M. On the use of historical control information for trend test in carcinogenesis. Biometrics. 2002;58:917-27 pubmed..Data sets from two carcinogenesis studies will be used to illustrate our method. We also evaluate the performance of the proposed test and the famous model-based Tarone's trend test with respect to size and power...
- Wu H, Zhang X, Li X, Li Z, Wu Y, Pei F. Studies on the acute biochemical effects of La(NO3)3 using 1H NMR spectroscopy of urine combined with pattern recognition. J Inorg Biochem. 2005;99:644-50 pubmed..This work illustrates the high reliability of NMR-PR method using (1)H NMR spectroscopy for the exploration and prediction of biochemical effects of rare earths in rats. ..
- Liu Y, Hu R, Zhang S, Zhang F, Li Z, Wei X, et al. Expression of the Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus VP1 protein using a replication-competent recombinant canine adenovirus type 2 elicits a humoral antibody response in a porcine model. Viral Immunol. 2006;19:202-9 pubmed..Immune response to the VP1 and FMDV after VP1 expression was confirmed by ELISA, western blotting analysis and neutralization test. It was indicated that CAV-2 may serve as a vector for FMD vaccine development in pigs...
- Chang S, Ding Z, Yang S, Gao Y, Zou X, Wang T, et al. [Study on the histopathology of cats inoculated with H5N1 subtype high pathogenic avian influenza virus originated from tigers]. Bing Du Xue Bao. 2007;23:477-80 pubmed..The specific electophoretic band of 464bp amplified by RT-PCR from samples of pharyngeal swabs, lungs, kidneys, hearts and brains was as same as the theory value. HI antibody titers of the survived cat were 1:32...
- Yang J, Tan Y, Zhao F, Ma Z, Wang Y, Zheng S, et al. Angiotensin II plays a critical role in diabetic pulmonary fibrosis most likely via activation of NADPH oxidase-mediated nitrosative damage. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011;301:E132-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ang II plays a critical role in diabetic lung fibrosis, which is most likely caused by NOX activation-mediated nitrosative damage. ..
- Zhang S, Li H, Yang S. Tribulosin suppresses apoptosis via PKC epsilon and ERK1/2 signaling pathway during hypoxia/reoxygenation in neonatal rat ventricular cardiac myocytes. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2011;13:1135-45 pubmed publisher..Tribulosin has protective effects on cardiac myocytes against apoptosis induced by H/R injury via PKC? and ERK1/2 signaling pathway. ..
- Yu X, Jiang Y, Lu L, Gong X, Sun X, Xuan Z, et al. A crucial role of IL-17 and IFN-? during acute rejection of peripheral nerve xenotransplantation in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34419 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Th17 cells contribute to the acute rejection process of peripheral nerve xenotransplant in addition to Th1 cells. ..
- Li Y, Bao Y, Song Z, Sun L, Wu P, Zhang Y, et al. The threonine protease activity of testes-specific protease 50 (TSP50) is essential for its function in cell proliferation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35030 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight the importance of threonine 310, the most critical protease catalytic site in TSP50, to TSP50-induced cell proliferation and tumor formation. ..
- Liu Z, Li W, Li X, Zhang M, Chen L, Zheng Y, et al. Antidiabetic effects of malonyl ginsenosides from Panax ginseng on type 2 diabetic rats induced by high-fat diet and streptozotocin. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;145:233-40 pubmed publisher..In addition, MGR reduced TG and TC contents while showed no effect on body weight in diabetic rats. The findings from this study suggest that MGR can alleviate hyperglycemia, hyperlipemia and insulin resistance of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Liu L, Li B, Zhou Y, Wang L, Tang F, Shao D, et al. Antidepressant-like effect of Fuzi total alkaloid on ovariectomized mice. J Pharmacol Sci. 2012;120:280-7 pubmed..These results indicate that the CREB-BDNF pathway may be involved in the antidepressant-like effect of Fuzi total alkaloid in ovariectomized mice. ..
- Lu J, Liu Z, Zhao L, Tian H, Liu X, Yuan C. In vivo and in vitro inhibition of human liver cancer progress by downregulation of the ?-opioid receptor and relevant mechanisms. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:1731-8 pubmed publisher..In summary, downregulation of MOR is able to inhibit both in vivo and in vitro human liver cancer progress and it shows potential to be used in cancer therapy. ..
- Zhang H, Zeitz M, Wang H, Niu B, Ge S, Li W, et al. Long noncoding RNA-mediated intrachromosomal interactions promote imprinting at the Kcnq1 locus. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:61-75 pubmed publisher..These observations delineate a novel mechanism by which an lncRNA directly builds an intrachromosomal interaction complex to establish allele-specific transcriptional gene silencing over a large chromosomal domain. ..
- Li Y, Fu L, Hu Y, Jin H, Zheng Y, Yin Y, et al. Establishment of a novel method without sequence modification for developing NoV P particle-based chimeric vaccines. Protein Expr Purif. 2016;121:73-80 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have successfully established a novel method for preparing vaccines based on the NoV PP which would not affect PP sequence and function. ..
- Li Z, Liu P, Yang T, Sun Y, You Q, Li J, et al. Composite poly(l-lactic-acid)/silk fibroin scaffold prepared by electrospinning promotes chondrogenesis for cartilage tissue engineering. J Biomater Appl. 2016;30:1552-65 pubmed publisher..So it is concluded that the PLLA/SF scaffold is more conducive toin vitroformation of cartilage-like new tissues than the unmodified PLLA scaffold, and may be a promising material in cartilage tissue engineering. ..
- Du X, Chen L, Huang D, Peng Z, Zhao C, Zhang Y, et al. Elevated Apoptosis in the Liver of Dairy Cows with Ketosis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:568-578 pubmed publisher..Dairy cows with ketosis are characterized by oxidative stress and hepatic damage. The aim of this study was to investigate hepatic oxidative stress and the apoptotic status of ketotic cows, as well as the underlying apoptosis pathway...
- Li Y, Zhao Y, Sun X, Qu X. [Prevention and therapeutic effects of sika deer velvet collagen hydrolysate on osteoporosis in rats by retinoic acid]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:759-62 pubmed..In conclusion, the extracted collagen is found to play a role in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis rats by retinoic acid. ..
- Zhao L, Ba X, Wang X, Zhu X, Wang L, Zeng X. BAF complex is closely related to and interacts with NF1/CTF and RNA polymerase II in gene transcriptional activation. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2005;37:440-6 pubmed..The combined results suggested that BAF complexes can interact with NF1/CTF and RNAP II, and this interaction is closely dependent on the activation of gene transcription. ..
- Kou B, Li Y, Shi Y, Xia J, Wang X, Wu S. Gene therapeutic exploration: retrovirus-mediated soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 (sFLK-1) inhibits the tumorigenicity of S180, MCF-7, and B16 cells in vivo. Oncol Res. 2005;15:239-47 pubmed..There were significant difference between treatment groups and control groups (p < 0.0001). The results indicated that retroviral-mediated sFLK-1 gene therapy in animal tumor models has significant therapeutic effect. ..
- Li X, Wang L, Zhou C, Guan T, Li J, Zhang Y. Preliminary studies of application of CdTe nanocrystals and dextran-Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles in sandwich immunoassay. Clin Chim Acta. 2007;378:168-74 pubmed..The immunoassay method was applied to determining the HIgG in practical samples and the results obtained are in good agreement with those obtained by nephelometry. This technique may be applied in many types of antibody-antigen system. ..
- Mei Y, Yang Z, Wang W, Song D, Deng X, Liu J. Acute electrical stimulation of nucleus ambiguus enhances immune function in rats. Can J Neurol Sci. 2008;35:441-7 pubmed..5, 1, and 2 h following effective Amb stimulation. These findings reveal that the Amb participates in the modulation of animal immune functions. ..
- Yang Y, Xu Y, Li W, Wang G, Song Y, Yang G, et al. STAT3 induces muscle stem cell differentiation by interaction with myoD. Cytokine. 2009;46:137-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide a molecular basis for further understanding of the muscle regeneration mechanism. ..
- Liu L, Gao H, Li J, Dong Y, Liu N, Wan J, et al. Analysis of intestinal injuries induced by ricin in vitro using SPR technology and MS identification. Int J Mol Sci. 2009;10:2431-9 pubmed publisher..Combined with HPCE-ESI-MS indentification, we obtained 28 kinds of proteins in BBM that interacted with ricin. ..
- Jiayu W, Zhu H, Ming X, Xiong W, Songbo W, Bocui S, et al. Mapping the interaction site of prion protein and Sho. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:2295-300 pubmed publisher..This indicates that Sho may play a role in the physiological function of PrP(C) and prion pathogenesis. ..
- Feng J, Lu L, Hua C, Qin L, Zhao P, Wang J, et al. High frequency of CD4+ CXCR5+ TFH cells in patients with immune-active chronic hepatitis B. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21698 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that CD4(+)CXCR5(+) TFH cells may participate in the HBV-related immune responses and that high frequency of CD4(+)CXCR5(+) TFH cells may be a biomarker for the evaluation of active immune stage of CHB patients. ..
- Chu X, Ci X, He J, Wei M, Yang X, Cao Q, et al. A novel anti-inflammatory role for ginkgolide B in asthma via inhibition of the ERK/MAPK signaling pathway. Molecules. 2011;16:7634-48 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ginkgolide B may be useful for the treatment of asthma and its efficacy is related to suppression of extracellular regulating kinase/MAPK pathway. ..
- Li W, Zhang M, Gu J, Meng Z, Zhao L, Zheng Y, et al. Hypoglycemic effect of protopanaxadiol-type ginsenosides and compound K on Type 2 diabetes mice induced by high-fat diet combining with streptozotocin via suppression of hepatic gluconeogenesis. Fitoterapia. 2012;83:192-8 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated the hypoglycemic and insulin-sensitizing capabilities of CK on type 2 diabetes induced by HFD/STZ via down-regulation of PEPCK and G6Pase expression in liver. ..
- Jin B, Guo B, Che G, Sun Y, Liu Y, Zhang X. Germline stem cell lineage tracing by free-floating immunofluorescent assay of mouse seminiferous tubule. Microsc Res Tech. 2012;75:1150-3 pubmed publisher..This method provides us an alternate simple way to trace the lineage of individual SSCs and show their three-dimensional locations and distributions within their niches anatomically in next step. ..
- Wei W, Guo H, Han X, Liu X, Zhou X, Zhang W, et al. A novel DCAF1-binding motif required for Vpx-mediated degradation of nuclear SAMHD1 and Vpr-induced G2 arrest. Cell Microbiol. 2012;14:1745-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data reveal previously unrecognized functional interactions involved in the assembly of virally hijacked DCAF1-DDB1-based E3 ubiquitin ligase complex. ..
- Wang X, Zhang B, Xu D, Gao J, Wang L, Wang Z, et al. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of the CIDE-N domain of Fsp27. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2012;68:1529-33 pubmed publisher..3, c=37.4 Å, α=β=90, γ=120°. The components of the crystal were identified by ion-trap LC/MS/MS spectrometric analysis. The structure has been solved by molecular replacement and refinement is in progress. ..
- Li S, Sheng L, Xu J, Tong H, Jiang H. The induction of metallothioneins during pulsed cadmium exposure to Daphnia magna: Recovery and trans-generational effect. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;126:71-77 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that pulsed cadmium exposure had impact on offspring of exposed organism and the risk assessment should take trans-generational effect into account. ..
- Qu C, He D, Lu X, Dong L, Zhu Y, Zhao Q, et al. Salt-inducible Kinase (SIK1) regulates HCC progression and WNT/Î²-catenin activation. J Hepatol. 2016;64:1076-1089 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the critical roles of SIK1 and its targets in the regulation of HCC development and provides potential new candidates for HCC therapy. ..
- Chen H, Zhang P, Zhang L, Liu H, Jiang Y, Zhang D, et al. Continuous directional water transport on the peristome surface of Nepenthes alata. Nature. 2016;532:85-9 pubmed publisher..We anticipate that the basic 'design' principles underlying this behaviour could be used to develop artificial fluid-transport systems with practical applications. ..
- Xu C, Ma X, Zhang H, Zhang X, Zhao J, Ba H, et al. Prevalence, risk factors and molecular characterization of Enterocytozoon bieneusi in raccoon dogs (Nyctereutes procyonoides) in five provinces of Northern China. Acta Trop. 2016;161:68-72 pubmed publisher..Integrated control strategies should be implemented to limit E. bieneusi infection in farmed raccoon dogs, and to prevent transmission of this disease to other animals and humans. ..
- Wang D, Liu Z, Yao H, Hao Y, Zhou L, Du J, et al. Disruption of NNAT, NAP1L5 and MKRN3 DNA methylation and transcription in rabbit parthenogenetic fetuses. Gene. 2017;626:158-162 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that hypermethylation of DMRs is associated with decreased NNAT, NAP1L5, and MKRN3 expression, which may be responsible for developmental failure of rabbit PA fetuses. ..
- Sun H, Lu J, Xu X, Jin S, Wang X, Wei L, et al. Histone acetyltransferase activity of p300 enhances the activation of IL-18 promoter. J Cell Biochem. 2005;94:566-72 pubmed..Data presented in this paper implicate important roles of p300 in the transcriptional regulation of IL-18. ..
- Fang J, Wang G, Yang Q, Song J, Wang Y, Wang L. The potential of phage display virions expressing malignant tumor specific antigen MAGE-A1 epitope in murine model. Vaccine. 2005;23:4860-6 pubmed..Our results showed that the phage display particles might be a new vaccine candidate for tumor-associated antigen epitope in cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Wang K, Yuan C, Wang W, Yang Z, Cui W, Mu L, et al. Expression of interleukin 6 in brain and colon of rats with TNBS-induced colitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:2252-9 pubmed..These results revealed that changes in IL-6 expression in brain and colon tissues occur in different phases of IBD. Therefore, we propose that the nerve centre regulates and controls the occurrence and development of IBD via IL-6. ..
- Song Z, Bao Y, Zhang Y, Mi X, Wu P, Wu Y, et al. Testes-specific protease 50 (TSP50) promotes cell proliferation through the activation of the nuclear factor ?B (NF-?B) signalling pathway. Biochem J. 2011;436:457-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study suggest that TSP50 promotes cell proliferation, at least partially, through activation of the NF-?B signalling pathway. ..
- Zhou L, Meng Y, Lei T, Zhao D, Su J, Zhao X, et al. UT-B-deficient mice develop renal dysfunction and structural damage. BMC Nephrol. 2012;13:6 pubmed publisher..Long-term UT-B deficiency causes severe renal dysfunction and structural damage. These results demonstrate the important role of UT-B in countercurrent exchange and urine concentration. ..
- Zhang M, Lv X, Li J, Meng Z, Wang Q, Chang W, et al. Sodium caprate augments the hypoglycemic effect of berberine via AMPK in inhibiting hepatic gluconeogenesis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;363:122-30 pubmed publisher..BER could suppress hepatic gluconeogenesis in rat model of diabetes at least in part via stimulation of AMPK activity and this action of BER is augmented by sodium caprate. ..
- Shi Y, Huang W, Liang R, Sun K, Zhang F, Liu W, et al. Improvement of in vivo efficacy of recombinant human erythropoietin by encapsulation in PEG-PLA micelle. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:1-11 pubmed publisher..Therefore, PEG-PLA micelles can be a potential protein drug delivery system. ..
- Zhou Y, Shi H, Li X, Lv P, Li G, Liu Q, et al. Role of endoplasmic reticulum stress in aberrant activation of fluoride-treated osteoblasts. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013;154:448-56 pubmed publisher..These data indicated that ER stress and UPR were possibly involved in the action of fluoride on osteoblasts. ..
- Chen R, Li L, Klein M, Li Q, Li P, Sheng C. Captures of Ostrinia furnacalis (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) With Sex Pheromone Traps in NE China Corn and Soybeans. Environ Entomol. 2016;45:207-15 pubmed publisher..25 more days. Increased captures (first and second generation: 90.9 Â± 9.5%; 78.3 Â± 9.3%) were obtained by adding a lure exposed for 5 d to funnel traps baited with a 35-d lure. ..
- Yuan H, Reddy M, Deshpande S, Jia Y, Park J, Lanting L, et al. Epigenetic Histone Modifications Involved in Profibrotic Gene Regulation by 12/15-Lipoxygenase and Its Oxidized Lipid Products in Diabetic Nephropathy. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2016;24:361-75 pubmed publisher..Targeting 12/15-LO might be a useful strategy to inhibit key epigenetic mechanisms involved in DN. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhao Y, Wang X, Lin R, Zhang Y, Ma H, et al. The novel dipeptide Tyr-Ala (TA) significantly enhances the lifespan and healthspan of Caenorhabditis elegans. Food Funct. 2016;7:1975-84 pubmed publisher..Thereby, Tyr-Ala could be used as a potential medicine in anti-aging research. ..
- Lan H, Hong P, Li R, L S, Anshan S, Li S, et al. Internal image anti-idiotypic antibody: A new strategy for the development a new category of prolactin receptor (PRLR) antagonist. Mol Immunol. 2017;87:86-93 pubmed publisher..In addition, this work also suggests that the internal image anti-idiotypic antibody may represent a novel strategy for the development of PRLR antagonist. ..
- Mu X, Zhang F, Kong C, Zhang H, Zhang W, Ge R, et al. EGFR-targeted delivery of DOX-loaded Fe3O4@ polydopamine multifunctional nanocomposites for MRI and antitumor chemo-photothermal therapy. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2899-2911 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated the potential of using Fe3O4@PDA NPs for combined cancer chemo-photothermal therapy with increased efficacy. ..
- Zhang H, Guo B, Yang Z, Duan C, Geng S, Wang K, et al. ATRA Signaling Regulates the Expression of COL9A1 through BMP2-WNT4-RUNX1 Pathway in Antler Chondrocytes. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2017;328:575-586 pubmed publisher..Moreover, RUNX1 might serve as an intermediate to mediate the regulation of BMP2 and WNT4 on COL9A1 expression. Collectively, ATRA signaling might regulate the expression of COL9A1 through BMP2-WNT4-RUNX1 pathway. ..
- Zhang D, Park J, Abd El Aty A, Kim S, Cho S, Wang Y, et al. Residual detection of buparvaquone, nystatin, and etomidate in animal-derived food products in a single chromatographic run using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Food Chem. 2017;237:1202-1208 pubmed publisher..In summary, this method is suitable for screening and quantifying the selected drugs in a single chromatographic run and with high selectivity in animal-derived food products meant for human consumption. ..
- Xiu Z, Wang L, Fu J, Xu J, Liu L. 1-Acetyl-5-phenyl-1H-pyrrol-3-ylacetate: An aldose reductase inhibitor for the treatment of diabetic nephropathy. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:4482-4487 pubmed publisher..In summary, APPA can effectively prevent apoptosis and the symptoms of streptozotocin-induced diabetes by inhibiting the polyol pathway in rats. This suggests that APPA could be a potential drug in treating DN. ..
- Zhang J, Zhang S, Wang T, Guo X, Hu R. Mammary gland expression of antibacterial peptide genes to inhibit bacterial pathogens causing mastitis. J Dairy Sci. 2007;90:5218-25 pubmed..This successful expression of antibacterial peptides in goat mammary glands provided a possible method to prevent mastitis in ruminants. ..
- Wang J, Flaisher Grinberg S, Li S, Liu H, Sun L, Zhou Y, et al. Antidepressant-like effects of the active acidic polysaccharide portion of ginseng in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;132:65-9 pubmed publisher..The results are discussed in the context of the known ability of the active ingredients of ginseng to increase neuroprotection, similar to many of the current antidepressant and mood stabilizing drugs. ..
- Fan W, Hou Y, Meng F, Wang X, Luo Y, Ge P. Proteasome inhibitor MG-132 induces C6 glioma cell apoptosis via oxidative stress. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2011;32:619-25 pubmed publisher..5 ?mol/L), attenuated proliferation inhibition and apoptosis in C6 glioma cells, and reversed the expression pattern of apoptosis-related proteins. MG-132 induced apoptosis of C6 glioma cells via the oxidative stress. ..
- Shi Q, Hou J, Zhao C, Xin Z, Jin J, Li C, et al. A smart core-sheath nanofiber that captures and releases red blood cells from the blood. Nanoscale. 2016;8:2022-9 pubmed publisher..This work presents promising nanofibers to effectively capture non-adherent cells and release for subsequent molecular analysis and diagnosis of single cells. ..
- Zhao Y, Wang T, Yu Z, Wang H, Liu B, Wu C, et al. Inhibiting cyprinid herpesvirus-3 replication with CRISPR/Cas9. Biotechnol Lett. 2016;38:573-8 pubmed publisher..B) The CyHV-3 virus replicates poorly in Cas9-positive cells. (C) The inhibition of thymidine kinase alone cannot block viral particle release. ..
- Cong W, Qin S, Meng Q, Zou F, Qian A, Zhu X. Molecular detection and genetic characterization of Toxoplasma gondii infection in sika deer (Cervus nippon) in China. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;39:9-11 pubmed publisher..This study also indicated that ToxoDB Genotype #9 has a wide distribution in sika deer that could be potential reservoirs for T. gondii transmission, which may pose a threat to human health. ..
- He B, Huang X, Zhang F, Tan W, Matthijnssens J, Qin S, et al. Group A Rotaviruses in Chinese Bats: Genetic Composition, Serology, and Evidence for Bat-to-Human Transmission and Reassortment. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Serological investigation has also indicated that RVA infection in bats is far more prevalent than expected based on the detection of viral RNA. ..
- Diao H, Liu B, Shi Y, Song C, Guo Z, Liu N, et al. MicroRNA-210 alleviates oxidative stress-associated cardiomyocyte apoptosis by regulating BNIP3. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1712-1720 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that miR-210 plays a protective role in H2O2-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis at least by regulating the pro-apoptotic BNIP3. ..
- Yang J, Gao R, Zhou Y, Anankanbil S, Li J, Xie G, et al. ?-Glucosidase from Thermotoga naphthophila RKU-10 for exclusive synthesis of galactotrisaccharides: Kinetics and thermodynamics insight into reaction mechanism. Food Chem. 2018;240:422-429 pubmed publisher..The findings revealed in this work offer an improved understanding of how enzyme protein structure determines catalytic specificity, which serves as new knowledge to engineer ?-glucosidase for the biosynthesis of designer GOS. ..
- Lian G, Chen M, Liu Z, Ding L, Zhao D, Ni J. [An abzyme to catalytize the deiodination of thyroxine]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2001;36:514-8 pubmed..An abzyme with the diodination activity was first prepared and the reaction mechanism of the enzyme was bisubstrate ping-pong one. ..
- Ma H, Wang Y, Feng C, Zhao H, Dohi S. Effects of adenosine agonist R-phenylisopropyl-adenosine on halothane anesthesia and antinociception in rats. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2005;26:181-5 pubmed
- Mingxiao M, Ningyi J, Zhenguo W, Ruilin W, Dongliang F, Min Z, et al. Construction and immunogenicity of recombinant fowlpox vaccines coexpressing HA of AIV H5N1 and chicken IL18. Vaccine. 2006;24:4304-11 pubmed..The rFPV-H5-H7-IL18 vaccinated group displayed significantly increased weight gain relative to the rFPV-H5HA group. This study reports a significant step in the further development of new AIV vaccines. ..
- Xiao C, Liu Y, Jiang Y, Magoffin D, Guo H, Xuan H, et al. Monoclonal antibodies against the nucleocapsid proteins of henipaviruses: production, epitope mapping and application in immunohistochemistry. Arch Virol. 2008;153:273-81 pubmed..These reagents will be a useful addition to the collection of tools essential for further research and improvement in diagnosis of henipaviruses. ..
- Guo B, Han B, Tian Z, Zhang X, Jiang L, Liu J, et al. Expression and hormonal regulation of E-cadherin in canine uterus during early pregnancy. Reprod Domest Anim. 2010;45:e255-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that E-cadherin expression is closely related to canine implantation and can be up-regulated by progesterone. ..
- Lin T, Ding Z, Li N, Xu J, Luo G, Liu J, et al. Seleno-cyclodextrin sensitises human breast cancer cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis through DR5 induction and NF-?B suppression. Eur J Cancer. 2011;47:1890-907 pubmed publisher..Overall, 2-SeCD sensitises resistant breast cancer cells to TRAIL-based apoptosis in vitro and in vivo. These findings provide strong evidence for the therapeutic potential of this combination against breast cancers. ..
- Li Y, Huang F, Liu L, Qiao H, Li Y, Cheng H. Effect of oral feeding with Clostridium leptum on regulatory T-cell responses and allergic airway inflammation in mice. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2012;109:201-7 pubmed publisher..However, whether inoculation of C leptum alone in adult mice could induce systemic Treg responses and inhibit allergic airway inflammation remains unclear...
- Yu J, Liu C, Zheng G, Zhang L, Yan M, Zhang W, et al. Pseudolaric acid B induced cell cycle arrest, autophagy and senescence in murine fibrosarcoma l929 cell. Int J Med Sci. 2013;10:707-18 pubmed publisher..But in cell line murine fibrosarcoma L929, PAB did not induce apoptosis, but autophagy, therefore it was thought by us as a good model to research the relationship of cell cycle arrest, autophagy and senescence bypass apoptosis...
- Zhao P, Yang Y, Feng H, Zhao L, Qin J, Zhang T, et al. Global gene expression changes in BV2 microglial cell line during rabies virus infection. Infect Genet Evol. 2013;20:257-69 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the differentially expressed genes from microglial cells after RABV infection were mainly involved in innate immune responses, inflammatory responses and host antiviral responses. ..
- Hu X, Fu X, Jiang A, Yang X, Fang X, Gong G, et al. Multiomic analysis of mice epilepsy models suggest that miR-21a expression modulates mRNA and protein levels related to seizure deterioration. Genet Res (Camb). 2015;97:e22 pubmed publisher..We also identified three miRNAs targeting SNCA, out of which mmu-miR-21a-3p demonstrated a seven-fold change in expression between control and epileptic mice. ..
- Sun Y, Li N, Zhang J, Liu H, Liu J, Xia X, et al. Enolase of Streptococcus Suis Serotype 2 Enhances Blood-Brain Barrier Permeability by Inducing IL-8 Release. Inflammation. 2016;39:718-26 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that SS2 Eno may play an important role in disrupting BBB integrity by prompting IL-8 release. ..
- Zhu G, Wang X, Xiao H, Liu X, Fang Y, Zhai B, et al. Both Notch1 and its ligands in B cells promote antibody production. Mol Immunol. 2017;91:17-23 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that both Notch1 and its ligands in B cells play an important role in antibody production. ..
- Deng W, Fu Y, Li Y, Sugiyama T. Potential role of p53 mutation in chemical hepatocarcinogenesis of rats. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:46-52 pubmed..p53 gene mutation is present in initial chemical hepatocarcinogenesis, and the mutation of p53 gene induced by 3'-Me-DAB is an important factor of hepatocarcinogenesis. ..