Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on survival rate in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Topic: survival rate
- Wang X, Sun Q, Chen C, Yin R, Huang X, Wang X, et al. ZYG11A serves as an oncogene in non-small cell lung cancer and influences CCNE1 expression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8029-42 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that ZYG11A may serve as a novel oncogene promoting tumorigenicity of NSCLC cells by inducing cell cycle alterations and increasing CCNE1 expression. ..
- Zhang C, Li G, Fan C, Xu J, Cao J, Liu S, et al. Comparison of efficacy of different route of administration of chemotherapy on unresectable, advanced gastric cancer. World J Surg Oncol. 2012;10:162 pubmed publisher..This combination of arterial and venous administration could be useful for improving the efficacy of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer. ..
- Tang Q, Liu Y, Zhu X, Li Y, Zhu J, Zhang J, et al. Expression and prognostic significance of the alpha B-crystallin gene in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2009;40:300-5 pubmed publisher..It may also be involved in the malignant transformation of hepatocytes. ..
- Pan W, Yang Y, Zhu H, Zhang Y, Zhou R, Sun X. KRAS mutation is a weak, but valid predictor for poor prognosis and treatment outcomes in NSCLC: A meta-analysis of 41 studies. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8373-88 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, KRAS mutation is a weak, but valid predictor for poor prognosis and treatment outcomes in NSCLC. There's a need for developing target therapies for KRAS mutant lung cancer and other tumors. ..
- Chen X, Zhang W, Zhang W, Wu S, Bi F, Su Y, et al. Vaccination with viable human umbilical vein endothelial cells prevents metastatic tumors by attack on tumor vasculature with both cellular and humoral immunity. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:5834-40 pubmed..This may provide with a novel treatment for metastatic tumors. Moreover, we have established a convenient method to evoke specific CTL against tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Feng X, Yan W, Liu X, Duan M, Zhang X, Xu J. Effects of hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 on pulmonary capillary leakage and cytokines production and NF-kappaB activation in CLP-induced sepsis in rats. J Surg Res. 2006;135:129-36 pubmed..5, 15, and 30 ml/kg suppressed MPO activity, TNF-alpha level, and NF-kappaB activation. HES 130/0.4 can inhibit CLP-induced PCP by attenuating pulmonary inflammation and NF-kappaB activation in vivo. ..
- Lu J, Tao H, Zhang Y, Zha W, Qian P, Li F, et al. Extent of prophylactic postoperative radiotherapy after radical surgery of thoracic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Dis Esophagus. 2008;21:502-7 pubmed publisher..Similarly, S may be unnecessarily irradiated in the lower and middle lower thirds. ..
- Shi X, Zhang Y, Gu J, Ding Y. Coencapsulation of hepatocytes with bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells improves hepatocyte-specific functions. Transplantation. 2009;88:1178-85 pubmed publisher..Encapsulation of hepatocytes and MSCs improved hepatocyte-specific functions in vitro and in vivo. Transplantation of coencapsulated hepatocytes and MSC might be a promising strategy for cell-based therapy for acute liver diseases. ..
- Wang H, Guan B, Shi Q, Ma H, Zhou H, Wang X, et al. May metaplastic breast carcinomas be actually basal-like carcinoma? Further evidence study with its ultrastructure and survival analysis. Med Oncol. 2011;28:42-50 pubmed publisher..Survival of MBCs may be associated with age and lymph node involvement. However, given the limitations of our research accumulated cases, prospective clinicopathologic studies are needed to further elucidate MBCs. ..
- Liu Q, Lin J, Shi Q, Wu B, Ma H, Sun G. Primary peritoneal serous papillary carcinoma: a clinical and pathological study. Pathol Oncol Res. 2011;17:713-9 pubmed publisher..Cytoreductive surgery combined with pre/postoperative platinum-based chemotherapy may be effective for PPSPC patients. ..
- Wang J, Xu R, Li J, Bai Y, Liu T, Jiao S, et al. Randomized multicenter phase III study of a modified docetaxel and cisplatin plus fluorouracil regimen compared with cisplatin and fluorouracil as first-line therapy for advanced or locally recurrent gastric cancer. Gastric Cancer. 2016;19:234-44 pubmed publisher..The mDCF regimen achieved efficacy comparable to that of DCF but with fewer toxicities, which is appropriate for the Chinese population. ..
- Xu W, Wang Y, Fan L, Fang C, Zhu D, Wang D, et al. Prognostic significance of serum immunoglobulin paraprotein in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leuk Res. 2011;35:1060-5 pubmed publisher..040) were the variables strongly associated with OS by multivariate Cox regression analysis. It was showed that serum Ig paraprotein might be applied for the assessment of prognosis in patients with CLL. ..
- Huang Q, Fan X, Agoston A, Feng A, Yu H, Lauwers G, et al. Comparison of gastro-oesophageal junction carcinomas in Chinese versus American patients. Histopathology. 2011;59:188-97 pubmed publisher..To compare the clinical and pathological features of gastro-oesophageal junction (GEJ) carcinomas in Chinese and American patients...
- Huang G, Song H, Wang R, Han X, Chen L. The relationship between RGS5 expression and cancer differentiation and metastasis in non-small cell lung cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2012;105:420-4 pubmed publisher..0 months (95%CI: 6.1-23.9) vs. 6.0 months (95%CI: 1.3-10.7), P?=?0.030). RGS5 might be involved in cancer differentiation and metastasis in NSCLC. And it might be a candidate prognostic marker for PFS in NSCLC. ..
- Wang Y, Lu J, Cheng W, Gao R, Yang L, Yang Z. FK506 protects heart function via increasing autophagy after myocardial infarction in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1296-1303 pubmed publisher..To investigate the effect of tacrolimus (FK506) on myocardial infarction, and to further explore its function mechanism...
- Li Y, Krowka M, Qi Y, Katzmann J, Song Y, Li Y, et al. Alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency carriers, serum alpha 1-antitrypsin concentration, and non-small cell lung cancer survival. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:291-5 pubmed publisher..44; 95% CI: 1.21-1.71). Being an ??ATD carrier had no significant effect on NSCLC survival. The increased serum ??AT concentration was a poor prognosis marker for NSCLC, regardless of carrier status. ..
- Yao C, Huang X, Li C, Shen H, Shi M, Feng J, et al. Lack of influence of XRCC1 and XPD gene polymorphisms on outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non small cell lung cancers. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2009;10:859-64 pubmed..09). Our results suggested no influence of the XRCC1 codon399 (Arg/Gln) and XPD codon751 (Lys/Gln) genetic polymorphisms on treatment response and survival in advanced NSCLC patients with platinum-based chemotherapy. ..
- Xu Z, Zhu H, Luk J, Wu D, Gu D, Gong W, et al. Clinical significance of SOD2 and GSTP1 gene polymorphisms in Chinese patients with gastric cancer. Cancer. 2012;118:5489-96 pubmed publisher..The components of ROS metabolism pathways may be potential therapeutic targets for this aggressive malignancy. ..
- Jin H, Xu J, Wang X, Ding Y. [Expression pattern and clinical significance of hairy enhancer of split 1 in colorectal cancer]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2011;91:2891-4 pubmed..000), but not with Hes1 (P = 0.267). The expression of Hes1 is correlated with pathological types and differentiation types. However the long-term survival rate is not correlated with its expression. ..
- Zhang J, Zhu Y, Zhu Y, Wu J, Liang W, Zhu R, et al. Association of increased DNA methyltransferase expression with carcinogenesis and poor prognosis in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Clin Transl Oncol. 2012;14:116-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that pancreatic carcinogenesis involves an increased mRNA expression of three DNMTs, and they may become valuable diagnostic and prognostic markers as well as potential therapeutic targets for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Yan P, Huang X, Yan F, Xu L, Jiang Y. Influence of MDR1 gene codon 3435 polymorphisms on outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non small cell lung cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:2291-4 pubmed
- Luo D, Gao Y, Wang S, Wang M, Wu D, Wang W, et al. Genetic variation in PLCE1 is associated with gastric cancer survival in a Chinese population. J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:1260-6 pubmed publisher..63, 95% CI = 0.48-0.83). Our findings showed that the PLCE1 SNP rs2274223 was associated with significantly improved gastric cancer survival in a Chinese population. Further functional studies are needed to validate our results. ..
- Miao D, Su H, He B, Gao J, Xia Q, Zhu M, et al. Severe growth retardation and early lethality in mice lacking the nuclear localization sequence and C-terminus of PTH-related protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:20309-14 pubmed publisher..These findings provide in vivo experimental proof that substantiates the biologic relevance of the NLS and C-terminal portion of PTHrP, a polypeptide ligand that signals mainly via a cell surface G protein-coupled receptor. ..
- Cui Y, Wu Z, Liu X, Ni R, Zhu X, Ma L, et al. Preparation, safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of liposomes containing Brucea javanica oil. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2010;11:878-84 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, the present study suggests that BJOL significantly decreased toxicity of BJO and enhance the antitumor activity. Therefore, liposomes may be a potential effective delivery vehicle for this lipophilic antitumor drug. ..
- Wang X, Jiang Z, Zhang Y, Wang X, Liu L, Fan Z. RNA sequencing analysis reveals protective role of kruppel-like factor 3 in colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21984-21993 pubmed publisher..KLF3 might be a potential new predictor and therapeutic target for CRC. Further study is needed for a more detailed understanding of the role of KLF3 in CRC. ..
- Chen L, Dou J, Su Z, Zhou H, Wang H, Zhou W, et al. Synergistic activity of baicalein with ribavirin against influenza A (H1N1) virus infections in cell culture and in mice. Antiviral Res. 2011;91:314-20 pubmed publisher..2. Thus, the data demonstrates that combinations of baicalein and ribavirin provide better protection against influenza infection than each compound used alone and could potentially be clinically useful. ..
- Guan B, Wang H, Cao S, Rao Q, Wang Y, Zhu Y, et al. Lipid-rich carcinoma of the breast clinicopathologic analysis of 17 cases. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011;15:225-32 pubmed publisher..The HER-2 expression, however, might play an important role in predicting the prognosis of lipid-rich carcinoma of the breast. ..
- Wang X, Wang J, Ma H, Zhang J, Zhou X. Downregulation of miR-195 correlates with lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in colorectal cancer. Med Oncol. 2012;29:919-27 pubmed publisher..01). Moreover, the multivariate analysis showed that reduced expression of miR-195 was an independent predictor of overall survival. Our data indicate the potential of miR-195 as a novel diagnostic or prognostic biomarker for CRC. ..
- Hou Z, Xie L, Yu L, Qian X, Liu B. MicroRNA-146a is down-regulated in gastric cancer and regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis. Med Oncol. 2012;29:886-92 pubmed publisher..9 vs. 5.9%). Our results suggested that miR-146a has potential as a novel suppressor gene in gastric cancer and its down-regulation may promote the progression of gastric cancer. ..
- Liu H, Fan Q, Zhang Z, Li X, Yu H, Meng F. Basal-HER2 phenotype shows poorer survival than basal-like phenotype in hormone receptor-negative invasive breast cancers. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:167-74 pubmed..This small group of tumors showed significantly poorer 5-year overall survival than basal-like breast tumors and might require different treatment strategy. ..
- Hu W, Liu Z, Chen H, Zhang H, Li L, Liu Z. Clinical characteristics and prognosis of diffuse proliferative lupus nephritis with thrombotic microangiopathy. Lupus. 2010;19:1591-8 pubmed publisher..Major risks for ESRF included: a need for acute dialysis on admission, no response to the treatment and high renal chronic index. The results showed that class IV lupus nephritis with TMA has high mortality and low renal survival. ..
- Lv T, Yuan D, Miao X, Lv Y, Zhan P, Shen X, et al. Over-expression of LSD1 promotes proliferation, migration and invasion in non-small cell lung cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35065 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LSD1 is a tumor-promoting factor with promising therapeutic potential for NSCLC. ..
- Yu Y, Lv N, Lu Z, Zheng Y, Zhang W, Chen C, et al. Deletion of myosin light chain kinase in endothelial cells has a minor effect on the lipopolysaccharide-induced increase in microvascular endothelium permeability in mice. FEBS J. 2012;279:1485-94 pubmed publisher..Our results do not support a role for endothelial cell MLCK in the pathogenesis of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Wang S, Tao G, Wu D, Zhu H, Gao Y, Tan Y, et al. A functional polymorphism in MIR196A2 is associated with risk and prognosis of gastric cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2013;52 Suppl 1:E87-95 pubmed publisher..57, 95% CI = 0.40-0.83 for NCGC and 1.00, 0.65-1.53 for CGC). Our results suggested that the genetic variation of MIR196A2 may play a role in gastric cancer tumorigenesis. ..
- Liu H, Fan Q, Zhang Z, Li X, Yu H, Liu G, et al. [Roles of immunohistochemistry in prognostic assessment of basal-like breast cancer]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2009;38:23-8 pubmed..Most studies demonstrated poor outcomes, but contradictory conclusions appeared recently. The prognosis of basal cell-like breast cancer using different immunohistochemical criteria were analyzed...
- Huang Q, Wu H, Nie L, Shi J, Lebenthal A, Chen J, et al. Primary high-grade neuroendocrine carcinoma of the esophagus: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 42 resection cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2013;37:467-83 pubmed publisher..The 5-year survival rate was 25%, similar to that of SqCC. Lymphovascular and perineural invasion was associated with a worse prognosis...
- Gao W, Liu L, Liu Z, Li X, Li C. Interstitial injection of (32)P-chromic phosphate during lung cancer resection to treat occult lymphatic metastasis. Nucl Med Commun. 2009;30:420-6 pubmed publisher..We aimed to study the interstitial injection of (32)P-chromic phosphate colloids ((32)P-CP) during lung cancer resection to treat occult lymphatic metastasis, and to observe its medium-term and long-term effects...
- Wang R, Wang J, Chu X, Geng H, Chen L. Expression of STK15 mRNA in hepatocellular carcinoma and its prognostic significance. Clin Biochem. 2009;42:641-7 pubmed publisher..6% and 52.7%) were significantly lower than those of patients with low STK15 mRNA expression group (56.9% and 68.8%, P=0.0018 and 0.0047). STK15 mRNA might be a good marker for predicting the prognosis of HCC patients. ..
- Jin G, Miao R, Hu Z, Xu L, Huang X, Chen Y, et al. Putative functional polymorphisms of MMP9 predict survival of NSCLC in a Chinese population. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2172-8 pubmed publisher..60 (95% confidence interval 1.07-2.41). The MMP9 Arg279Gln and Arg668Gln SNPs are potential predictors of survival in NSCLC patients. ..
- Zhao F, Chen X, Meng T, Hao B, Zhang Z, Zhang G. Genetic polymorphisms in the osteopontin promoter increases the risk of distance metastasis and death in Chinese patients with gastric cancer. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:477 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence that variation at nt -443 in the OPN promoter increases the potential for gastric cancer metastasis and subsequent death in the Chinese population. ..
- Chen J, Wang B, Tang J. Clinical significance of microRNA-155 expression in human breast cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2012;106:260-6 pubmed publisher..MiR-155 expression might be an independent prognostic factor and a therapeutic target for human breast cancer. ..
- Ni L, Li J, Miao K, Qiao C, Zhang S, Qiu H, et al. Multidrug resistance gene (MDR1) polymorphisms correlate with imatinib response in chronic myeloid leukemia. Med Oncol. 2011;28:265-9 pubmed publisher..4% vs. 25%, P = 0.023). In conclusion, determination of 1236T, C3435T, and G2677T MDR1 polymorphisms might be useful in response prediction to therapy with imatinib in patients with CML. ..
- Feng A, Zhang L, Fan X, Huang Q, Ye Q, Wu H, et al. Expression of SIRT1 in gastric cardiac cancer and its clinicopathologic significance. Int J Surg Pathol. 2011;19:743-50 pubmed publisher..SIRT1 might be a biological parameter to evaluate malignant degree and prognosis of gastric cardiac carcinoma. ..
- Pankratz V, Sun Z, Aakre J, Li Y, Johnson C, Garces Y, et al. Systematic evaluation of genetic variants in three biological pathways on patient survival in low-stage non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:1488-95 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to verify our findings and elucidate their functional mechanisms and clinical utility leading to improved survival for patients with lung cancer. ..
- Dong J, Dai J, Shu Y, Pan S, Xu L, Chen W, et al. Polymorphisms in EGFR and VEGF contribute to non-small-cell lung cancer survival in a Chinese population. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1080-6 pubmed publisher..56, 95% CI = 0.39-0.83). Stepwise COX regression analyses suggested that EGFR rs373506, rs759165 and rs6958497 may be independent candidate biomarkers to predict NSCLC survival in this population. ..
- Li C, Chen L, Gao X, Qu X, Shen W, Yang R, et al. Plasma cell labeling index correlates with deletion of 13q14 in multiple myeloma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:260-4 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PCLI is a powerful and independent prognostic parameter in newly diagnosed MM, and correlates with del(13q14). ..
- Likui W, Qun L, Wanqing Z, Haifeng S, Fangqiu L, Xiaojun L. Prognostic role of myeloid cell leukemia-1 protein (Mcl-1) expression in human gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2009;100:396-400 pubmed publisher..Mcl-1 is highly upregulated in gastric cancer and high Mcl-1 expression is correlated with a poor prognosis in gastric cancer patients. Thus, Mcl-1 can be utilized as an independent prognostic factor. ..
- Zhang Y, Shi J, Yu H, Feng A, Fan X, Lauwers G, et al. Factors predicting survival in patients with proximal gastric carcinoma involving the esophagus. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:3602-9 pubmed publisher..To investigate the clinicopathologic features which predict surgical overall survival in patients with proximal gastric carcinoma involving the esophagus (PGCE)...
- Fang C, Dong H, Zou Z, Fan L, Wang L, Zhang R, et al. High expression of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase 7B mRNA predicts poor prognosis in mantle cell lymphoma. Leuk Res. 2013;37:536-40 pubmed publisher..It was showed that higher expression of PDE7B might be a novel unfavorable prognostic indicator in MCL, which possess important clinical significance. ..
- Li F, Liu Q, Han Y, Wu B, Yin H. Sperm protein 17 is highly expressed in endometrial and cervical cancers. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:429 pubmed publisher..Although the expression frequency of Sp17 is not correlated with the histological subtype, the staining pattern may help to define endometrial and cervical cancers. Sp17 targeted immunotherapy of tumors needs more accurate validation. ..
- Roth G, Johnson C, Abajobir A, Abd Allah F, Abera S, Abyu G, et al. Global, Regional, and National Burden of Cardiovascular Diseases for 10 Causes, 1990 to 2015. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1-25 pubmed publisher..Future updates of the GBD study can be used to guide policymakers who are focused on reducing the overall burden of noncommunicable disease and achieving specific global health targets for CVD. ..
- Zhu Y, Zhang J, Zhu R, Zhu Y, Liang W, Gao W, et al. The increase in the expression and hypomethylation of MUC4 gene with the progression of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Med Oncol. 2011;28 Suppl 1:S175-84 pubmed publisher..Microdissection-based quantitative real-time PCR and methylation-specific PCR contribute to the quantitative detection of MUC4 expression in clinical samples and reflect the epigenetic regulatory mechanisms of MUC4 in vivo. ..
- Zhang E, He X, Yin D, Han L, Qiu M, Xu T, et al. Increased expression of long noncoding RNA TUG1 predicts a poor prognosis of gastric cancer and regulates cell proliferation by epigenetically silencing of p57. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2109 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that TUG1, as a regulator of proliferation, may serve as a candidate prognostic biomarker and target for new therapies in human GC. ..
- Wang M, Bai J, Tan Y, Wang S, Tian Y, Gong W, et al. Genetic variant in PSCA predicts survival of diffuse-type gastric cancer in a Chinese population. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:1207-13 pubmed publisher..If validated in further studies, PSCA rs2294008 could be useful marker of survival assessment and individualized clinical therapy for gastric cancer, particularly among the diffuse-type gastric cancer. ..