Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sprague dawley rats in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Topic: sprague dawley rats
Publications170 found, 100 shown here
- Li Y, Sheng J, Sha J, Han X. The toxic effects of microcystin-LR on the reproductive system of male rats in vivo and in vitro. Reprod Toxicol. 2008;26:239-45 pubmed publisher..Then could reduce the production of testosterone in Leydig cells and result in reproductive toxicity. ..
- Li D, Liu Q, Gong Y, Huang Y, Han X. Cytotoxicity and oxidative stress study in cultured rat Sertoli cells with methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) exposure. Reprod Toxicol. 2009;27:170-6 pubmed publisher..The present data indicate that high dose MTBE may exert a direct toxic effect on Sertoli cells. Oxidative stress induced by MTBE is a possible mechanism of cytotoxicity. ..
- Wu J, Yao N, Wang D. [Determination of paeoniflorin in rat plasma by HPLC-MS/MS and its pharmacokinetics]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2008;33:2369-73 pubmed..The parameters of C(max), AUC(0 --> tau) and MRT were significantly changed (P < 0.05). Radix Angelicae Sinensis can significantly affect the pharmacokinetics of paeoniflorin, the principal component of Radix Paeoniae Rubra. ..
- Hu X, Wu X, Xu J, Zhou J, Han X, Guo J. Src kinase up-regulates the ERK cascade through inactivation of protein phosphatase 2A following cerebral ischemia. BMC Neurosci. 2009;10:74 pubmed publisher..Therefore, activation of ERK is the result of a crosstalk between two pathways, Raf-dependent positive regulators and PP2A-dependent negative regulators. ..
- Xia C, Sun J, Wang G, Shang L, Zhang X, Zhang R, et al. Herb-drug interactions: in vivo and in vitro effect of Shenmai injection, a herbal preparation, on the metabolic activities of hepatic cytochrome P450 3A1/2, 2C6, 1A2, and 2E1 in rats. Planta Med. 2010;76:245-50 pubmed publisher..9 %, respectively. These in vivo and in vitro results demonstrated that SMI had the potential to inhibit the activities of hepatic CYP3A1/2 and CYP2C6, but might not significantly affect CYP1A2 and CYP2E1-mediated metabolism in rats. ..
- Jing X, Liu X, Wen T, Xie S, Yao D, Liu X, et al. Combined effects of epileptic seizure and phenobarbital induced overexpression of P-glycoprotein in brain of chemically kindled rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;159:1511-22 pubmed publisher..The overexpression of P-glycoprotein in the brain of subjects with pharmacoresistant epilepsy is due to a combination of drug effects and epileptic seizures. ..
- Kou J, Ma R, Zhu D, Yan Y. [Blood-activating and anti-inflammatory actions of Polygala fallax]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2003;26:268-71 pubmed..To observe the blood-activating and anti-inflammatory actions of Polygala fallax Hesml. (PFH) in this paper...
- Qi J, Lu J, Liu J, Yu B. Flavonoid and a rare benzophenone glycoside from the leaves of Aquilaria sinensis. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2009;57:134-7 pubmed..The new compounds showed inhibition activity against polymorphonuclear neutrophils (PMNs) respiratory burst stimulated by PMA. ..
- Xu R, Xia B, Geng J, Shi J, Shi H, Yuan L, et al. Expression and localization of Wolfram syndrome 1 gene in the developing rat pancreas. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:5425-31 pubmed..These results indicate that WFS1 may be involved in some aspects of pancreatic development and further research on WFS1 may provide new evidences to prove the interactions between mesenchyma and epithelia at the same time. ..
- Fu L, Dai Y, Wang Z, Zhang M. Inhibition of experimental allergic rhinitis by the n-butanol fraction from the anomalous fruits of Gleditsia sinensis. Biol Pharm Bull. 2003;26:974-7 pubmed..These results suggest that NBGS may be clinically effective in alleviating the nasal symptoms of allergic rhinitis, probably by inhibiting both histamine release from mast cells and nasal vascular permeability...
- Hong M, Hua Y, Yu L, Sun X, Li X, Zhu Q. [Effect of TCTS on experimental endometriosis of rats]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2003;28:69-72 pubmed..At the same time elevated serum E2, FSH and LH were reduced by TCTS. TCTS can inhibit the growth of endometrial transplants, which is related with serum hormone, especially E2. ..
- Luo L, Sun Q, Mao Y, Lu Y, Tan R. Inhibitory effects of flavonoids from Hypericum perforatum on nitric oxide synthase. J Ethnopharmacol. 2004;93:221-5 pubmed..However, a stronger inhibitory effect of hyperoside on the enzyme was discerned in cerebrum than in blood. These results suggested that the galactose moiety in hyperoside may be associated with the selectivity of the NOS inhibition. ..
- Zhang S, Zhou F, Ding J, Zhou X, Sun X, Hu G. ATP-sensitive potassium channel opener iptakalim protects against MPP-induced astrocytic apoptosis via mitochondria and mitogen-activated protein kinase signal pathways. J Neurochem. 2007;103:569-79 pubmed..And targeting K(ATP) channels expressed in astrocytes may provide a novel therapeutic strategy for neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Wang X, Dong Z, Zhong X, Shi R, Huang S, Lou Y, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta1 enhanced vascular endothelial growth factor synthesis in mesenchymal stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:548-54 pubmed..These results indicated that TGF-beta1 enhanced VEGF synthesis in MSCs, and the Akt and ERK1/2 activation were involved in this process. ..
- Qi Q, You Q, Gu H, Zhao L, Liu W, Lu N, et al. Studies on the toxicity of gambogic acid in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;117:433-8 pubmed publisher..The studies demonstrated that the toxicity targets in the rats were the kidney and liver. These results provide further theoretical support for clinical applications of this promising natural anticancer agent. ..
- Jiye A, Huang Q, Wang G, Zha W, Yan B, Ren H, et al. Global analysis of metabolites in rat and human urine based on gas chromatography/time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Anal Biochem. 2008;379:20-6 pubmed publisher..Differences between rat and human urine were observed and are discussed. Ninety-nine metabolites identified in rat and human urine are presented. An efficient protocol is proposed for the pretreatment of urine samples. ..
- Wu J, Ding D, Ren G, Xu X, Yin X, Hu Y. Sustained delivery of endostatin improves the efficacy of therapy in Lewis lung cancer model. J Control Release. 2009;134:91-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicated PLGA microspheres further reduced the amount of endostatin needed to achieve significant tumor inhibition in mice when compared with systemic administration. ..
- Song R, Lin H, Zhang Z, Li Z, Xu L, Dong H, et al. Profiling the metabolic differences of anthraquinone derivatives using liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry with data-dependent acquisition. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2009;23:537-47 pubmed publisher..Hydroxyl substitution on the benzene ring was the predominant metabolic reaction for chrysophanol. For physcion, demethylation of the exocyclic methoxy group was the most important metabolic reaction. ..
- Peng Y, Zhao J, Gu Q, Chen R, Xu Z, Yan J, et al. Distinct trafficking and expression mechanisms underlie LTP and LTD of NMDA receptor-mediated synaptic responses. Hippocampus. 2010;20:646-58 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that LTP(NMDA) and LTD(NMDA) utilize different NMDAR trafficking pathways and express different ratios of NMDAR subunits on the postsynaptic surface. ..
- Chen X, Liu X, Wan X, Wu Y, Chen Y, Cao C. Ischemic preconditioning attenuates renal ischemia-reperfusion injury by inhibiting activation of IKKbeta and inflammatory response. Am J Nephrol. 2009;30:287-94 pubmed publisher..It appears that IPC may attenuate renal injury and the expression of NGAL following acute I/R injury. IKKbeta may offer a clinically accessible target for preventing renal injury following I/R. ..
- Sun Z, Jiang H, Ye Z, Jia B, Zhang X, Zhang K. Expression of Rho GDIalpha in rat osteoblasts intermittently exposed to parathyroid hormone in vitro and in vivo. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:1001-7 pubmed publisher..This up-regulation of RhoGDIalpha may be one of the mechanisms underlying the synergistic bone-forming effect of PTH and estrogen.Acta Pharmacologica Sinica (2009) 30: 1001-1007; doi: 10.1038/aps.2009.60. ..
- Guo J, Shang E, Duan J, Tang Y, Qian D, Su S. Fast and automated characterization of major constituents in rat biofluid after oral administration of Abelmoschus manihot extract using ultra-performance liquid chromatography/quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry and MetaboLynx. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2010;24:443-53 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this work demonstrated the potential of the UPLC/QTOFMS approach using MetaboLynx for fast and automated identification of metabolites from Chinese herbal medicines. ..
- Zhuang P, Ji H, Zhang Y, Min Z, Ni Q, You R. ZJM-289, a novel nitric oxide donor, alleviates the cerebral ischaemic-reperfusion injury in rats. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2010;37:e121-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a suitable NO donor might be an effective candidate for the treatment of acute stroke by neuroprotection. ..
- Yang Y, Liu X, Long Y, Wang F, Ding J, Liu S, et al. Activation of mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channels improves rotenone-related motor and neurochemical alterations in rats. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2006;9:51-61 pubmed
- Hang T, Huang Z, Jiang S, Gong J, Wang C, Xie D, et al. Apoptosis in pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy is mediated, in part, by adenine nucleotide translocator-1. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2006;36:88-95 pubmed
- Yuan S, Dai D, Guan L, Dai Y, Ji M. CPU0507, an endothelin receptor antagonist, improves rat hypoxic pulmonary artery hypertension and constriction in vivo and in vitro. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2006;33:1066-72 pubmed..4. In Conclusion, The Results Indicate That Hypoxic Ph Is Relieved Significantly By CPU0507 In Vivo And In Vitro And The Effects Are Presumed To Be Mediated By Suppression Of The Et-reactive Oxygen Species Axis. ..
- Yu M, Shao D, Yang J, Feng S, Xu J. Ketamine suppresses intestinal TLR4 expression and NF-kappaB activity in lipopolysaccharide-treated rats. Croat Med J. 2006;47:825-31 pubmed..Ketamine alone had no effect. The study demonstrated that ketamine inhibits NF-kappaB activation in the intestines of LPS-treated rats, possibly by suppressing TLR4 expression. ..
- Lv H, Wang G, Wu X, Xie L, Huang C, Li H, et al. Transport characteristics of ginkgolide B by Caco-2 cells and examination of ginkgolide B oral absorption potential using rat in situ intestinal loop method. Int J Pharm. 2008;351:31-5 pubmed..The results indicate that the intestinal absorption of ginkgolide B in the upper intestine was significantly higher than that in the lower intestine. ..
- Chang B, Zhang L, Cao W, Cao Y, Yang W, Wang Y, et al. Pharmacokinetic interactions induced by content variation of major water-soluble components of Danshen preparation in rats. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010;31:638-46 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the pharmacokinetics of DSS and Sal B were the most susceptible to the content change of other components. ..
- Xu L, Wang S, Yang X, Wang X. Effects of cadmium on rat sperm motility evaluated with computer assisted sperm analysis. Biomed Environ Sci. 2001;14:312-7 pubmed..Cadmium may reduce sperm motility at a dose far below the dose affecting sperm production at this time point. The motility of sperm is an early and sensitive endpoint for the assessment of cadmium toxicity on male reproduction. ..
- Wang S, Hu L, Yang Y, Ding J, Hu G. Studies of ATP-sensitive potassium channels on 6-hydroxydopamine and haloperidol rat models of Parkinson's disease: implications for treating Parkinson's disease?. Neuropharmacology. 2005;48:984-92 pubmed..Our results suggest that KATP channels might be involved in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease (PD) induced in an animal model and conceptually support the idea that KATP channels may be new therapeutic targets for PD. ..
- Zhu F, Si J, Wang L, Wang D, Chen P. [Effect of mica granule on the expression of gene-protein associated with cancer in gastric mucosa tissue of chronic atrophic gastritis rats]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2006;31:312-6 pubmed..The treatment and reversion action of mica on chronic atrophic gastritis is probably related with the regulative effect on the expression of gene associated with cancer. ..
- Lu T, Song J, Huang F, Deng Y, Xie L, Wang G, et al. Comparative pharmacokinetics of baicalin after oral administration of pure baicalin, Radix scutellariae extract and Huang-Lian-Jie-Du-Tang to rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007;110:412-8 pubmed..The first absorption site was in upper intestinal, probably via directly absorption of baicalin; while the second absorption site was in colon in the form of aglygon...
- Xue H, Song D, Shi B, Li Y, Li J. Tracking of green fluorescent protein labeled Escherichia coli confirms bacterial translocation in blind loop rat. J Surg Res. 2007;143:206-10 pubmed..We confirmed bacterial translocation in self-filling blind loop and self-emptying blind loop rats. In addition, we also showed that glutamine prevents bacterial translocation in self-emptying blind loop rats. ..
- Luo L, Dai D, Dai Y. Effect of the endothelin receptor antagonist CPU0213, and its modulation by rifampin, on cardiac and vascular tissue following chronic isoproterenol treatment. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2008;35:757-65 pubmed publisher..In vascular tissue, the pathological effects of isoproterenol were ameliorated by CPU0213; however, lowering plasma CPU0213 concentrations with rifampin did partly eliminate the amelioration in vascular activity in respones to CPU0213. ..
- Zhu F, Si J, Wang L, Wang D, Chen P. Effect of mica monomer powder on chief and parietal cells as well as G and D cells in gastric mucosa of chronic atrophic gastritis in rats. Chin J Integr Med. 2008;14:111-6 pubmed publisher..To study the regulative action of mica monomer powder preparation on the chief and parietal cells as well as G and D cells in the gastric mucosa of the experimental atrophic gastritis (CAG) rats...
- Xiong J, Guo J, Huang L, Meng B, Ping Q. Self-micelle formation and the incorporation of lipid in the formulation affect the intestinal absorption of Panax notoginseng. Int J Pharm. 2008;360:191-6 pubmed publisher..95 and 1961.72+/-686.60 microg ml(-1) h, compared with 7.87+/-2.85 and 148.58+/-36.73 microg ml(-1) h, respectively from its aqueous solution. These findings suggested a new strategy to increase the absorption of amphiphilic saponins. ..
- Li N, Dai D, Dai Y. CPU86017 and its isomers improve hypoxic pulmonary hypertension by attenuating increased ETA receptor expression and extracellular matrix accumulation. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2008;378:541-52 pubmed publisher..CPU86017 and its four isomers attenuate ECM accumulation and vascular remodeling by normalizing both the MMP-TIMP system and the ET system. The RS isomer is superior to the racemate CPU86017 in attenuating HPH. ..
- Li X, Hu J, Zhang R, Sun X, Zhang Q, Guan X, et al. Urocortin ameliorates diabetic nephropathy in obese db/db mice. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;154:1025-34 pubmed publisher..Urocortin could significantly ameliorate diabetic nephropathy and this effect was mediated via the CRF receptor. ..
- Gong Y, Pan X, Huang Y, Gao Z, Yu H, Han X. NP-induced biophysical and biochemical alterations of rat testicular Sertoli cell membranes related to disturbed intracellular Ca(2+) homeostasis. Toxicol Lett. 2008;183:10-20 pubmed publisher..All the above changes led to the disturbed intracellular Ca(2+) homeostasis which was an important signal triggering apoptosis. Hence, cellular membranes represented a plausible target for NP-induced cytotoxicity. ..
- Shi R, Wang J, Huang S, Wang X, Li Q. Angiotensin II induces vascular endothelial growth factor synthesis in mesenchymal stem cells. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:10-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggested that AngII stimulated the synthesis of VEGF in MSCs through ERK1/2 and Akt pathway via AT(1) receptor. ..
- Wang Q, Zhao D. [Effects of dexamethasone on lung morphogenesis in rats and the expression of Wnt signal transduction pathway in the lung of offspring]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2008;46:286-90 pubmed..Antenatal DEX usage can change the expressions of Wnt7b, GSK-3beta and beta-catenin genes mRNA and protein, these changes may result in paramorphia during pregnancy. ..
- Ni B, Jiang Z, Huang X, Xu F, Zhang R, Zhang Z, et al. Male reproductive toxicity and toxicokinetics of triptolide in rats. Arzneimittelforschung. 2008;58:673-80 pubmed publisher..g., intraepithelial vacuoles of varying sizes; increased germ cells de generation, exfoliation and tubular atrophy). These findings provide valuable information to estimate the reproductive risk of triptolide in humans. ..
- Cai K, Di Q, Shi J, Zhang Y. Dynamic changes of cell cycle elements in the ischemic brain after bone marrow stromal cells transplantation in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2009;467:15-9 pubmed publisher..These results provide another way by which BMSCs may contribute to the recovery from stroke. ..
- Shi X, Zhang Y, Gu J, Ding Y. Coencapsulation of hepatocytes with bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells improves hepatocyte-specific functions. Transplantation. 2009;88:1178-85 pubmed publisher..Encapsulation of hepatocytes and MSCs improved hepatocyte-specific functions in vitro and in vivo. Transplantation of coencapsulated hepatocytes and MSC might be a promising strategy for cell-based therapy for acute liver diseases. ..
- Zhang H, Bi F, Xiao C, Liu J, Wang Z, Liu J, et al. The Kringle-2 domain of tissue plasminogen activator significantly reduces mortality and brain infarction in middle cerebral artery occlusion rats. Int J Mol Med. 2010;26:225-30 pubmed..Moreover, for the first time we have found that the Kringle-2 domain is essential for the brain-protective activity of TPA. ..
- Dai D, Jiang J. p-Chlorobenzyltetrahydroberberine inhibits vascular smooth muscle contractions caused by Ca2+. Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao. 1998;19:543-7 pubmed..CPU-86017 is more potent to suppress Ca2+ entry than intracellular calcium mobilization and Lev enhances both. ..
- Peng Y, Qiu Y, Jiang J, Wang J. Effect of catecholamines on IL-2 production and NK cytotoxicity of rats in vitro. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2004;25:1354-60 pubmed..Endogenous catecholamines synthesized by lymphocytes have also an autoregulatory effect on the lymphocytes themselves. ..
- Han X, Tu Z, Gong Y, Shen S, Wang X, Kang L, et al. The toxic effects of nonylphenol on the reproductive system of male rats. Reprod Toxicol. 2004;19:215-21 pubmed..Pathological changes were detected by microscopy and the transferase dUTP nick end labeling (TUNEL) assay showed that the number of apoptotic cells in testes increased with nonylphenol in a dose-dependent manner. ..
- Li L, Ding J, Ren Z, Han Q, Hu G, Xiao M. Expression and colocalization of NADPH-diaphorase and Fos in the subnuclei of the parabrachial nucleus in rats following visceral noxious stimulation. Brain Res. 2006;1114:41-52 pubmed..These results suggest that neurons in the el of the PB that project to the CeA are activated by visceral noxious stimulation and could be indirectly influenced by nitric oxide in the PB. ..
- Xu J, Song Y, Ji H. [Vasodilation effect of EUL on rat thoracic artery]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2006;31:1976-8 pubmed..To observe vasodilation effect of EUL and its mechanism...
- Wang F, Jing L, Chen J, Huang Y. [Role of macrophage migration inhibitory factor in septic shock-induced cardiovascular dysfunction: experiment with rats]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2007;87:768-73 pubmed..Glycocorticoid of high and low dose are poles apart in effects on septic hemodynamics and vaso-reactivity, however, fails to improve the prognosis of sepsis no matter how high is the dose. ..
- Zhang C, Qu G, Sun Y, Wu X, Yao Z, Guo Q, et al. Pharmacokinetics, biodistribution, efficacy and safety of N-octyl-O-sulfate chitosan micelles loaded with paclitaxel. Biomaterials. 2008;29:1233-41 pubmed..These results clearly showed that PTX-M had the similar antitumor efficacy as Taxol, but significantly reduced the toxicity and improved the bioavailability of PTX. ..
- Lu Y, Li J, Wang G. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of mPEG-PLA modified liposomes loaded glycyrrhetinic acid. Int J Pharm. 2008;356:274-81 pubmed publisher..7-fold longer residence time (MRT), a 2.75-fold larger AUC and a 0.4-fold lower clearance compared with conventional injection, respectively. These results combined suggested that the LC-CP had a well-improved residence in rats. ..
- Ma Y, Ma M, Cheng S, Ma H, Yi X, Xu G, et al. Intranasal bFGF-induced progenitor cell proliferation and neuroprotection after transient focal cerebral ischemia. Neurosci Lett. 2008;437:93-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, intranasal administration of bFGF may provide an alternative treatment for brain ischemia and some other CNS disorders. ..
- Wen T, Liu Y, Yang H, Liu H, Liu X, Wang G, et al. Effect of 21-day exposure of phenobarbital, carbamazepine and phenytoin on P-glycoprotein expression and activity in the rat brain. J Neurol Sci. 2008;270:99-106 pubmed publisher..The P-gp levels were associated with P-gp activity in corresponding rats. All the results verified the hypothesis that chronic exposure of AEDs may increase P-gp function and level in brain of rats. ..
- Yu J, Jin F, Deng Z, Li Y, Tang L, Shi J, et al. Epithelial-mesenchymal cell ratios can determine the crown morphogenesis of dental pulp stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2008;17:475-82 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings revealed that the proportions of dental epithelial and mesenchymal cell populations can determine the odontogenic differentiation of DPSCs/ABCs in vitro as well as the bioengineered tooth morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Liu H, Tang X, Dai D, Dai Y. Ethanol extracts of Rehmannia complex (Di Huang) containing no Corni fructus improve early diabetic nephropathy by combining suppression on the ET-ROS axis with modulate hypoglycemic effect in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;118:466-72 pubmed publisher..The efficacy in alleviating DN is attributed to normalizing the activated ET system, oxidative stress and MMP 2,9 in combination with a moderate hypoglycemic activity. ..
- Xu J, Li N, Dai D, Yu F, Dai Y. The endothelin receptor antagonist CPU0213 is more effective than aminoguanidine to attenuate isoproterenol-induced vascular abnormality by suppressing overexpression of NADPH oxidase [correction of oxidas], ETA, ETB, and MMP9 in the vasculature. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2008;52:42-8 pubmed publisher
- Yang Y, Zhang S, Ding J, Zhou F, Hu G. Iptakalim protects against MPP+-induced degeneration of dopaminergic neurons in association with astrocyte activation. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2009;12:317-27 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that Ipt may protect against MPP+-induced degeneration of dopaminergic neurons by inhibiting astrocyte activation and subsequent release of pro-inflammatory factors...
- Yang M, Xie J, Gu X, Zhang X, Davey A, Zhang S, et al. Involvement of 90-kuD ribosomal S6 kinase in collagen type I expression in rat hepatic fibrosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:2109-15 pubmed..p90RSK is over-expressed in activated HSCs and involved in regulating the abnormal expression of collagen type I through initiating the proliferation of HSCs. ..
- Qi S, Guan Q, Wang M, Zhang G. Action of ERK5 in ischemic tolerance suggests its probable participation in the signaling mechanism. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2009;29:38-43 pubmed publisher..These findings might provide some clues to understanding the mechanism underlying ischemia tolerance and to finding clinical therapies for stroke using the endogenous neuroprotection. ..
- Liu L, Deng Y, Liang Y, Pang X, Liu X, Liu Y, et al. Increased oral AUC of baicalin in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats due to the increased activity of intestinal beta-glucuronidase. Planta Med. 2010;76:70-5 pubmed publisher..The enhancement of intestinal beta-glucuronidase activity may partly account for the higher exposure of baicalin in diabetic rats after oral administration. ..
- Ding L, Dong L, Chen X, Zhang L, Xu X, Ferro A, et al. Increased expression of integrin-linked kinase attenuates left ventricular remodeling and improves cardiac function after myocardial infarction. Circulation. 2009;120:764-73 pubmed publisher..This may represent a new approach to the treatment of postinfarct remodeling and subsequent heart failure. ..
- Wang S, Zhang Z, Guo Y, Teng G, Chen B. Decreased expression of serotonin 1A receptor in the dentate gyrus in association with chronic mild stress: a rat model of post-stroke depression. Psychiatry Res. 2009;170:245-51 pubmed publisher..The results provide partial support for the psychosocial and biological etiology of PSD and further predict the etiologic validity of the PSD model. ..
- Wang S, Zhang Z, Guo Y, Sui Y, Sun Y. Notch1 signaling related hippocampal neurogenesis in adult poststroke depression rats: a valid index for an efficient combined citalopram and WAY100635 pharmacotherapy. Behav Pharmacol. 2010;21:47-57 pubmed publisher..The observed effects are most likely because of enhanced poststroke neurogenesis mediated by the Notch1 signaling cascade. ..
- He L, Di B, Du Y, Yan F, Su M, Liu H, et al. Development and validation of a high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the rapid simultaneous quantification of aconitine, mesaconitine, and hypaconitine in rat plasma after oral administration of Sini decoction. J Anal Toxicol. 2009;33:588-94 pubmed..Mean accuracies were also within +/-15%. The method was proved to be sensitive, rapid, specific, accurate, and reproducible. It has been successfully applied to the pharmacokinetics study on rats after oral administration of SND. ..
- Feng X, Yan W, Liu X, Duan M, Zhang X, Xu J. Effects of hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 on pulmonary capillary leakage and cytokines production and NF-kappaB activation in CLP-induced sepsis in rats. J Surg Res. 2006;135:129-36 pubmed..5, 15, and 30 ml/kg suppressed MPO activity, TNF-alpha level, and NF-kappaB activation. HES 130/0.4 can inhibit CLP-induced PCP by attenuating pulmonary inflammation and NF-kappaB activation in vivo. ..
- Xie H, Wang G, Sun J, Tucker I, Zhao X, Xie Y, et al. High performance liquid chromatographic-mass spectrometric determination of ginsenoside Rg3 and its metabolites in rat plasma using solid-phase extraction for pharmacokinetic studies. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2005;818:167-73 pubmed..02 and 0.08 ng in each 10 microl injection onto the HPLC column) for Rg3, Rh2 and ppd, respectively. The method has been demonstrated to be highly sensitive and accurate for the determination of Rg3 and its metabolites in rat plasma. ..
- Cao F, Guo J, Ping Q, Shao Y, Liang J. [Ester prodrug of scutellarin: synthesis, physicochemical property and degradation]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2006;41:595-602 pubmed..The emulsion or / and colon-targeted delivery may be selected as one of strategies to decrease the presystemic degradation. ..
- Zhang G, Huang X, Wang H, Leung A, Chan C, Fong D, et al. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of the ethanol extract of Rosa multiflora Thunb. hips. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;118:290-4 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that FRME possesses anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects and has no obvious acute toxicity, which advanced our understanding of the folk use of FRM in treating various inflammatory disorders. ..
- Guo Q, Ding Q, Wu Z. Effect of baicalein on experimental prostatic hyperplasia in rats and mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004;27:333-7 pubmed..01). These results suggested that baicalein has an inhibitory effect on prostatic hyperplasia in experimental animals. ..
- Zhou F, Wu J, Sun X, Yao H, Ding J, Hu G. Iptakalim alleviates rotenone-induced degeneration of dopaminergic neurons through inhibiting microglia-mediated neuroinflammation. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2007;32:2570-80 pubmed..These data strongly suggest that the K(ATP) opener IPT may be a novel and promising neuroprotective drug via inhibiting microglia-mediated neuroinflammation. ..
- Li Y, Ji H, Shen Y, Ding L, Zhuang P, Yang Y, et al. Chronic treatment with angiotensin AT1 receptor antagonists reduced serum but not bone TGF-beta1 levels in ovariectomized rats. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;87:51-5 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, chronic treatment with angiotensin AT1 receptor antagonists reduced serum but not bone TGF-beta1 levels and did not accelerate ovariectomy-induced bone loss in rats. ..
- Bao K, Li P, Qi L, Li H, Yi L, Wang W, et al. Characterization of flavonoid metabolites in rat plasma, urine, and feces after oral administration of Semen Ziziphi Spinosae extract by HPLC-diode-array detection (DAD) and ion-trap mass spectrometry (MS(n)). Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2009;57:144-8 pubmed..This convenient HPLC-DAD-MS(n) method could be used to identify the chemical components of flavonoid extract of jujube seeds as well as their metabolites, and to reveal their possible metabolic mechanism of action in vivo...
- Wang Q, Hao H, Zhu X, Yu G, Lai L, Liu Y, et al. Regioselective glucuronidation of tanshinone iia after quinone reduction: identification of human UDP-glucuronosyltransferases, species differences, and interaction potential. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010;38:1132-40 pubmed publisher..4 +/- 1.8 and 8.9 +/- 1.9 microM, respectively. This study will help to guide future studies on characterizing the NQO1-mediated reduction and subsequent glucuronidation of other quinones. ..
- Liu J, Zhao H, Liu Y, Wang X. Effect of selenium-enriched malt on hepatocarcinogenesis, paraneoplastic syndrome and the hormones regulating blood glucose in rats treated by diethylnitrosamine. Life Sci. 2006;78:2315-21 pubmed..Hypoglycemia and hypercalcemia were significantly correlated with the multifactors mentioned above. ..
- Xie W, Luo S, Xuan H, Chou C, Song G, Lv R, et al. Betamethasone affects cerebral expressions of NF-kappaB and cytokines that correlate with pain behavior in a rat model of neuropathy. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2006;36:39-46 pubmed..This study yields new insight into the mechanisms of corticosteroid action in neuropathic pain and may provide a basis for clinical pain control. ..
- Chen X, Meng D, Feng L, Bian Y, Li P, Yang D, et al. Protective effect of astragalosides on myocardial injury by isoproterenol in SD rats. Am J Chin Med. 2006;34:1015-25 pubmed..In conclusion, the efficacious treatment of astragalosides for myocardial injury might be through regulating intracellular Ca(2+) homeostasis and energy metabolism. ..
- Cao Y, Liu X, Chen Y, Hao K, Wang G. Warfarin maintenance dose adjustment with indirect pharmacodynamic model in rats. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2007;30:175-80 pubmed..69+/-0.18 and 2.52+/-0.22 (mean+/-S.D.), respectively. The method provided a relatively simple and accurate strategy for warfarin maintenance dose adjustment. ..
- Liao H, Huang W, Niu R, Sun L, Zhang L. Cross-talk between the epidermal growth factor-like repeats/fibronectin 6-8 repeats domains of Tenascin-R and microglia modulates neural stem/progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:27-34 pubmed..All these data implied that the cross-talk between TN-R distinct domains EGFL/FN6-8 and microglia promoted neural stem/progenitor cell proliferation and induced their differentiation into neurons. ..
- Cao Y, Chai J, Chen Y, Zhao J, Zhou J, Shao J, et al. Beneficial effects of danshensu, an active component of Salvia miltiorrhiza, on homocysteine metabolism via the trans-sulphuration pathway in rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;157:482-90 pubmed publisher..The tHcy-lowering effect of danshensu is another cardiovascular benefit provided by S. miltiorrhiza and suggests a potential tHcy-lowering therapy. ..
- Liu L, Zhang R, Liu K, Zhou H, Tang Y, Su J, et al. Tissue kallikrein alleviates glutamate-induced neurotoxicity by activating ERK1. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:3576-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, TK represents a promising therapeutic strategy for ischemic stroke. ..
- Yin X, Zhang Y, Wu H, Zhu X, Zheng X, Jiang S, et al. Protective effects of Astragalus saponin I on early stage of diabetic nephropathy in rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2004;95:256-66 pubmed..Therefore, the results suggest that AS I has therapeutic effects on several pharmacological targets in the progress of DN and is a potential drug for prevention of early stage DN. ..