Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on soybeans in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Locale: Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
- Yang A, Yu X, Zheng A, James A. Rebalance between 7S and 11S globulins in soybean seeds of differing protein content and 11SA4. Food Chem. 2016;210:148-55 pubmed publisher..Using the proteomic approach, it was demonstrated that 11SA4 deficiency induced compensatory accumulation of 7S globulins and led to a similar total abundance for 7S+11S irrespective of protein content or 11SA4. ..
- Li J, Ding X, Han S, He T, Zhang H, Yang L, et al. Differential proteomics analysis to identify proteins and pathways associated with male sterility of soybean using iTRAQ-based strategy. J Proteomics. 2016;138:72-82 pubmed publisher..This work provides a new insight to understand the genetic and molecular mechanisms underlying CMS in soybean. ..
- Xu X, Fan R, Zheng R, Li C, Yu D. Proteomic analysis of seed germination under salt stress in soybeans. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2011;12:507-17 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that these proteins might have important roles in defense mechanisms against salt stress during soybean seed germination. ..
- Du H, Zeng X, Zhao M, Cui X, Wang Q, Yang H, et al. Efficient targeted mutagenesis in soybean by TALENs and CRISPR/Cas9. J Biotechnol. 2016;217:90-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we observed albino and dwarf buds (PDS knock-out) by soybean transformation in cotyledon nodes. Our results demonstrated that both TALENs and CRISPR/Cas9 systems are powerful tools for soybean genome editing. ..
- Li C, Dang F, Li M, Zhu M, Zhong H, Hintelmann H, et al. Effects of exposure pathways on the accumulation and phytotoxicity of silver nanoparticles in soybean and rice. Nanotoxicology. 2017;11:699-709 pubmed publisher..These results are an important contribution to improve the risk assessment of NPs under environmental exposure scenarios. ..
- Song X, Xue Y, Wang Q, Wu X. Comparison of three thermostable ?-glucosidases for application in the hydrolysis of soybean isoflavone glycosides. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:1954-61 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Te-BglA is preferable to Tm-BglA and Tm-BglB, but all three enzymes have great potential applications in converting isoflavone glycosides into their aglycons. ..
- Wang C, Chen H, Hao Q, Sha A, Shan Z, Chen L, et al. Transcript profile of the response of two soybean genotypes to potassium deficiency. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39856 pubmed publisher..Our results provide preliminary information on the molecular mechanism of potassium absorption and transport under low-K stress conditions in different soybean tissues. ..
- Zhang D, Song H, Cheng H, Hao D, Wang H, Kan G, et al. The acid phosphatase-encoding gene GmACP1 contributes to soybean tolerance to low-phosphorus stress. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004061 pubmed publisher..The discovery of the optimal haplotype of GmACP1 will now enable the accurate selection of soybeans with higher P efficiencies and improve our understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying P efficiency in plants...
- Wang D, Ma Y, Yang Y, Liu N, Li C, Song Y, et al. Fine mapping and analyses of R ( SC8 ) resistance candidate genes to soybean mosaic virus in soybean. Theor Appl Genet. 2011;122:555-65 pubmed publisher..These results will have utility in cloning, transferring, and pyramiding of the R(SC8) through marker-assisted selection in soybean breeding programs. ..
- Zhou G, Wang Y, Zhai S, Ge F, Liu Z, Dai Y, et al. Biodegradation of the neonicotinoid insecticide thiamethoxam by the nitrogen-fixing and plant-growth-promoting rhizobacterium Ensifer adhaerens strain TMX-23. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013;97:4065-74 pubmed publisher..The nitrogen-fixing and plant-growth-promoting rhizobacterium E. adhaerens TMX-23, which is able to degrade THIA, has the potential for bioaugmentation as well as to promote growth of field crops in THIA-contaminated soil. ..
- Zhang D, Cheng H, Wang H, Zhang H, Liu C, Yu D. Identification of genomic regions determining flower and pod numbers development in soybean (Glycine max L.). J Genet Genomics. 2010;37:545-56 pubmed publisher..These results provide a basis for fine mapping and cloning of flower and pod development-related genes. ..
- Huang F, Chi Y, Gai J, Yu D. Identification of transcription factors predominantly expressed in soybean flowers and characterization of GmSEP1 encoding a SEPALLATA1-like protein. Gene. 2009;438:40-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, GmSEP1 might play important role in soybean reproductive development, in particular, in petal and seed coat development. ..
- Cui X, Yan Q, Gan S, Xue D, Dou D, Guo N, et al. Overexpression of gma-miR1510a/b suppresses the expression of a NB-LRR domain gene and reduces resistance to Phytophthora sojae. Gene. 2017;621:32-39 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results obtained in the current study reveal that gma-miR1510 regulates the target NB-LRR immune receptor gene Glyma.16G135500 and thus plays a crucial role in regulating the resistance of soybean to P. sojae. ..
- Meng Q, Zhang C, Gai J, Yu D. Molecular cloning, sequence characterization and tissue-specific expression of six NAC-like genes in soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.). J Plant Physiol. 2007;164:1002-12 pubmed publisher..Our results may provide the basis for future investigations of NAC-like genes' roles in seed development and other physiological processes in this important crop...
- Zhang X, Feng Y, Cheng H, Tian D, Yang S, Chen J. Relative evolutionary rates of NBS-encoding genes revealed by soybean segmental duplication. Mol Genet Genomics. 2011;285:79-90 pubmed publisher..It is important to determine the exact relative evolutionary rates of TNL, non-TNL, and non-NBS genes in order to understand how fast the host plant can adjust its response to rapidly evolving pathogens in a coevolutionary context. ..
- Yin Z, Meng F, Song H, Wang X, Xu X, Yu D. Expression quantitative trait loci analysis of two genes encoding rubisco activase in soybean. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:1625-37 pubmed publisher..These results could provide a new approach for the modulation of RCA genes to improve photosynthetic rate and plant growth in soybean and other plants. ..
- Wang Q, Han C, Ferreira A, Yu X, Ye W, Tripathy S, et al. Transcriptional programming and functional interactions within the Phytophthora sojae RXLR effector repertoire. Plant Cell. 2011;23:2064-86 pubmed publisher..In support of this hypothesis, misexpression of key immediate-early and early effectors severely reduced the virulence of P. sojae transformants. ..
- Wu J, Wu Q, Wu Q, Gai J, Yu D. Constitutive overexpression of AOS-like gene from soybean enhanced tolerance to insect attack in transgenic tobacco. Biotechnol Lett. 2008;30:1693-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that GmAOS plays an important role in plants against chewing insect attack and may be a useful tool for improving resistance to insect attack in higher plants. ..
- Dong S, Yin W, Kong G, Yang X, Qutob D, Chen Q, et al. Phytophthora sojae avirulence effector Avr3b is a secreted NADH and ADP-ribose pyrophosphorylase that modulates plant immunity. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002353 pubmed publisher..Avr3b homologues are present in several sequenced Phytophthora genomes, suggesting that Phytophthora pathogens might share similar strategies to suppress plant immunity. ..
- Yin W, Dong S, Zhai L, Lin Y, Zheng X, Wang Y. The Phytophthora sojae Avr1d gene encodes an RxLR-dEER effector with presence and absence polymorphisms among pathogen strains. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2013;26:958-68 pubmed publisher..capsici infection. Avr1d also suppressed effector-triggered immunity induction by associating with Avr1b and Rps1b, suggestive of a role in suppressing plant immunity. ..
- Wu Z, Zhao J, Gao R, Hu G, Gai J, Xu G, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis of two members of the Pht1 family of phosphate transporters in Glycine max. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19752 pubmed publisher..Thereby, the two phosphate transporters can perform translocation of phosphate within the plant. ..
- Xu Z, Ali Z, Xu L, He X, Huang Y, Yi J, et al. The nuclear protein GmbZIP110 has transcription activation activity and plays important roles in the response to salinity stress in soybean. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20366 pubmed publisher..Integrating all these results, we propose that GmbZIP110 plays a critical role in the response to salinity stress in soybean and has high potential usefulness in crop improvement. ..
- Xing G, Zhou B, Wang Y, Zhao T, Yu D, Chen S, et al. Genetic components and major QTL confer resistance to bean pyralid (Lamprosema indicata Fabricius) under multiple environments in four RIL populations of soybean. Theor Appl Genet. 2012;125:859-75 pubmed publisher..Because 41-68 % of the total genetic variation could not be accounted for by these QTL, the use of both identified QTL and unmapped minor QTL in breeding for BP resistance should be considered. ..
- Zhao J, Zhou D, Zhang Q, Zhang W. Genomic analysis of phospholipase D family and characterization of GmPLD?s in soybean (Glycine max). J Plant Res. 2012;125:569-78 pubmed publisher..The genomic analysis for soybean PLD family provides valuable data for further identity and characterization of their functions. ..
- Chang S, Wang Y, Lu J, Gai J, Li J, Chu P, et al. The mitochondrial genome of soybean reveals complex genome structures and gene evolution at intercellular and phylogenetic levels. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56502 pubmed publisher..These results provide biological insights into the mitochondrial genome of seed plants, and are especially helpful for deciphering vital activities in soybean...
- Zhang D, Ali Z, Wang C, Xu L, Yi J, Xu Z, et al. Genome-wide sequence characterization and expression analysis of major intrinsic proteins in soybean (Glycine max L.). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56312 pubmed publisher..It can be speculated that GmMIPs contains true aquaporins, glyceroporins, aquaglyceroporins and mixed transport facilitators. ..
- Wang Q, Wang J, Yang Y, Du W, Zhang D, Yu D, et al. A genome-wide expression profile analysis reveals active genes and pathways coping with phosphate starvation in soybean. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:192 pubmed publisher..These results could not only promote the work on the molecular regulation mechanism under low-P stress in soybean, but also facilitate the cultivation of high-phosphorus-acquisition and high-phosphorus-utilization soybean varieties. ..
- Tang Y, Li S, Zhang P, Zhu J, Meng G, Xie L, et al. Soy Isoflavone Protects Myocardial Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury through Increasing Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase and Decreasing Oxidative Stress in Ovariectomized Rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:5057405 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicated that SI protects myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in ovariectomized rats through increasing PI3K/Akt/eNOS signal pathway and decreasing oxidative stress. ..
- Chen J, Lin A, Chen Z, Wang W, Zhang T, Cai H, et al. Ammonium sulfate gradient loading of brucine into liposomes: effect of phospholipid composition on entrapment efficiency and physicochemical properties in vitro. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2010;36:245-53 pubmed publisher..We developed a novel liposome-based brucine formulation that was composed of soybean phosphatidylcholine (SPC) and hydrogenated soybean phosphatidylcholine (HSPC)...
- Li L, Wang X, Gai J, Yu D. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel microsomal oleate desaturase gene from soybean. J Plant Physiol. 2007;164:1516-26 pubmed..These results indicated that the altered polyunsaturated fatty acid levels in leaves treated with cold stress have no direct correlation with the expression of these two microsomal oleate desaturase genes. ..
- Zhao W, Yang X, Dong S, Sheng Y, Wang Y, Zheng X. Transient silencing mediated by in vitro synthesized double-stranded RNA indicates that PsCdc14 is required for sporangial development in a soybean root rot pathogen. Sci China Life Sci. 2011;54:1143-50 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, dsRNA-mediated transient gene silencing could enable elucidation of P. sojae rapid gene function, facilitating our understanding of the development and pathogenicity mechanisms of this oomycete fungus. ..
- Wang Y, Dongfang Y, Wang X, Yang Y, Yu D, Gai J, et al. [Mapping of five genes resistant to SMV strains in soybean]. Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2004;31:87-90 pubmed..The RFLP markers A691T, K4771, LC5T were found linked to the resistant genes Rn1 and Rn3 with distances of 15.04 cM, 17.82 cM, 15.37 cM, 16.14 cM, 17.82 cM, 16.58 cM. ..
- Zhang M, Liu J, Li K, Yu D. Identification and characterization of a novel monoterpene synthase from soybean restricted to neryl diphosphate precursor. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75972 pubmed publisher..This study confirms the ecological role of terpenoids and provides new insights into their metabolic engineering in transgenic plants. ..
- Guo N, Ye W, Wu X, Shen D, Wang Y, Xing H, et al. Microarray profiling reveals microRNAs involving soybean resistance to Phytophthora sojae. Genome. 2011;54:954-8 pubmed publisher..These results may serve as a basis for further in-depth studies of miRNAs involved in soybean resistance to P. sojae...
- Li D, Zhao Z, Huang Y, Lu Z, Yao M, Hao Y, et al. PsVPS1, a dynamin-related protein, is involved in cyst germination and soybean infection of Phytophthora sojae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58623 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PsVPS1 is involved in vacuole morphology and cyst development. Moreover, it is essential for the virulence of P. sojae and extracellular protein secretion. ..
- Lu Y, Li J, Wang G. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of mPEG-PLA modified liposomes loaded glycyrrhetinic acid. Int J Pharm. 2008;356:274-81 pubmed publisher..7-fold longer residence time (MRT), a 2.75-fold larger AUC and a 0.4-fold lower clearance compared with conventional injection, respectively. These results combined suggested that the LC-CP had a well-improved residence in rats. ..
- Zhu Z, Zhang F, Wei Z, Ran W, Shen Q. The usage of rice straw as a major substrate for the production of surfactin by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens XZ-173 in solid-state fermentation. J Environ Manage. 2013;127:96-102 pubmed publisher..This study proposed an eco-friendly and economical way to convert agro-industrial byproducts into biosurfactant. ..
- Dong X, Sun Q, Wei D, Li J, Li J, Tang B, et al. A novel ferritin gene, SferH-5, reveals heterogeneity of the 26.5-kDa subunit of soybean (Glycine max) seed ferritin. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:5796-802 pubmed publisher..Recombinant H-5 was able to assemble, together with co-expressed H-2, as a functional soybean seed ferritin-like complex, H-5/H-2. Our data reveal the potential heterogeneity of the 26.5-kDa subunit of soybean seed ferritin...
- Yin Z, Meng F, Song H, Wang X, Chao M, Zhang G, et al. GmFtsH9 expression correlates with in vivo photosystem II function: chlorophyll a fluorescence transient analysis and eQTL mapping in soybean. Planta. 2011;234:815-27 pubmed publisher..These results further lead to the understanding of the mechanism underlying FtsH gene expression, and contribute to the development of marker-assisted selection breeding programs for modulating soybean FtsH gene expression...
- Korir P, Zhang J, Wu K, Zhao T, Gai J. Association mapping combined with linkage analysis for aluminum tolerance among soybean cultivars released in Yellow and Changjiang River Valleys in China. Theor Appl Genet. 2013;126:1659-75 pubmed publisher..This marker-assisted breeding procedure was designated as breeding by design using a QTL-allele matrix. ..
- Wu Q, Wu J, Sun H, Zhang D, Yu D. Sequence and expression divergence of the AOC gene family in soybean: insights into functional diversity for stress responses. Biotechnol Lett. 2011;33:1351-9 pubmed publisher..Such a large diversity within the AOC gene family might be an adaptive mechanism that developed during soybean genome evolution...
- Chi Y, Huang F, Liu H, Yang S, Yu D. An APETALA1-like gene of soybean regulates flowering time and specifies floral organs. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:2251-9 pubmed publisher..It caused early flowering and alteration of floral organs when ectopically expressed in tobacco. To our knowledge, this is the first report characterizing an AP1-like gene from soybean. ..
- Zhu Z, Zhang G, Luo Y, Ran W, Shen Q. Production of lipopeptides by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens XZ-173 in solid state fermentation using soybean flour and rice straw as the substrate. Bioresour Technol. 2012;112:254-60 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on lipopeptides production that uses rice straw as a major substrate...
- Liu J, Huang F, Wang X, Zhang M, Zheng R, Wang J, et al. Genome-wide analysis of terpene synthases in soybean: functional characterization of GmTPS3. Gene. 2014;544:83-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide a comprehensive understanding of the TPS family in soybeans and suggest a promising approach to engineering transgenic plants with enhanced insect resistance. ..
- Ning H, Zhang C, Yao Y, Yu D. Overexpression of a soybean O-acetylserine (thiol) lyase-encoding gene GmOASTL4 in tobacco increases cysteine levels and enhances tolerance to cadmium stress. Biotechnol Lett. 2010;32:557-64 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that overexpression of GmOASTL4 in tobacco can enhance cysteine levels and increase tolerance to cadmium stress. ..
- Zhang M, Lu J, Tao K, Ye W, Li A, Liu X, et al. A Myb transcription factor of Phytophthora sojae, regulated by MAP kinase PsSAK1, is required for zoospore development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40246 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the PsMYB1 transcription factor functions downstream of MAP kinase PsSAK1 and is required for zoospore development of P. sojae. ..
- Rui R, Liu S, Karthikeyan A, Wang T, Niu H, Yin J, et al. Fine-mapping and identification of a novel locus Rsc15 underlying soybean resistance to Soybean mosaic virus. Theor Appl Genet. 2017;130:2395-2410 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study will be useful in marker-assisted breeding for SMV resistance and will lead to further understanding of the molecular mechanisms of host resistance against SMV. ..
- Li L, Wang X, Gai J, Yu D. Isolation and characterization of a seed-specific isoform of microsomal omega-6 fatty acid desaturase gene (FAD2-1B) from soybean. DNA Seq. 2008;19:28-36 pubmed publisher..Both semi-quantitative RT-PCR and in silico analysis show that FAD2-1B gene is specifically expressed in developing seeds of soybean. ..
- Li Z, Li J, Mo B, Hu C, Liu H, Qi H, et al. Genistein induces cell apoptosis in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells via the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. Toxicol In Vitro. 2008;22:1749-53 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, inhibition of the MEK5/ERK5/NF-kappaB pathway may be an important mechanism by which genistein suppresses cell growth and induces apoptosis. ..
- Liu T, Ye W, Ru Y, Yang X, Gu B, Tao K, et al. Two host cytoplasmic effectors are required for pathogenesis of Phytophthora sojae by suppression of host defenses. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:490-501 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, the silenced transformants lose the ability to suppress host cell death and callose deposition on inoculated plants. These results suggest a role for CRN effectors in the suppression of host defense responses...
- Li Q, Zhang Y. The origin and functional transition of P34. Heredity (Edinb). 2013;110:259-66 pubmed publisher..In addition, the genes Glyma08g12340 and Medtr8g086470 may belong to a new group within the papain family...
- Wang Y, Li A, Wang X, Zhang X, Zhao W, Dou D, et al. GPR11, a putative seven-transmembrane G protein-coupled receptor, controls zoospore development and virulence of Phytophthora sojae. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:242-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PsGPR11-mediated signaling controls P. sojae zoospore development and virulence through the pathways independent of G protein...
- Zeng H, Zhu Y, Huang S, Yang Z. Analysis of phosphorus-deficient responsive miRNAs and cis-elements from soybean (Glycine max L.). J Plant Physiol. 2010;167:1289-97 pubmed publisher..Our study provides initial evidence in soybean that a set of miRNAs with a high frequency of P-responsive cis-elements may coordinately regulate the plant response to P deficiency. ..
- Zhang M, Li K, Zhang C, Gai J, Yu D. Identification and characterization of class 1 DXS gene encoding 1-deoxy-D-xylulose-5-phosphate synthase, the first committed enzyme of the MEP pathway from soybean. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:879-87 pubmed publisher..The relatively higher photosynthetic pigment content in transgenic tobacco leaves compared to the control implied that GmDXS1 catalyzed the first potential regulatory step in photosynthetic pigment biosynthesis via the MEP pathway. ..
- Li A, Wang Y, Tao K, Dong S, Huang Q, Dai T, et al. PsSAK1, a stress-activated MAP kinase of Phytophthora sojae, is required for zoospore viability and infection of soybean. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2010;23:1022-31 pubmed publisher..PsSAK1-silenced mutants produced much longer germ tubes and could not colonize either wounded or unwounded soybean leaves. Our results indicate that PsSAK1 is an important regulator of zoospore development and pathogenicity in P. sojae. ..
- Zhao W, Dong S, Ye W, Hua C, Meijer H, Dou X, et al. Genome-wide identification of Phytophthora sojae SNARE genes and functional characterization of the conserved SNARE PsYKT6. Fungal Genet Biol. 2011;48:241-51 pubmed publisher..The phenotype analysis showed that PsYKT6 is important for proper asexual development, sexual reproduction, and pathogenesis on host soybean cultivars. ..
- Kong H, He J, Gao Y, Wu H, Zhu X. Cosorption of phenanthrene and mercury(II) from aqueous solution by soybean stalk-based biochar. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:12116-23 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into the recycling of agricultural residues, and also a new application for removal of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heavy metals from contaminated water utilizing biochar from agricultural residue. ..